NATION

PASSWORD

Klaus' War {OOC|MT|CLOSED}

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:34 pm

Post is coming out within the next hour or two, apologies for not posting over the weekend. I've been swamped with assignments lately, but I'll try my hardest to keep posting here. This RP is my first priority in terms of other RPs.

Mersdon wrote:-Snipped Application-

The RP sample checks out, and I'm happy to have a supporter of the Dutch Republic!

Accepted.
Last edited by The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:50 pm

Looks like my bombers did an epic oopsie.
Uhh, it appears that we may have to tone down the MOAB bombings...
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:09 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Looks like my bombers did an epic oopsie.

It's all a part of the RP, subverting the intended outcome of your actions. Sure, Mühlburg is conquered, but at what cost?
Actually not that much

Don't worry about it too much. I mean, yeah, probably don't bomb any cities with those things. But don't worry about this one episode.
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:16 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Looks like my bombers did an epic oopsie.

It's all a part of the RP, subverting the intended outcome of your actions. Sure, Mühlburg is conquered, but at what cost?
Actually not that much

Don't worry about it too much. I mean, yeah, probably don't bomb any cities with those things. But don't worry about this one episode.

I mean I’m about to unload about two hundred thousand pounds of munitions in a strategic strike outside Raus so I think I havem beat in the ordenance scale
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:26 pm

A reich? Well Nemetz is ambitious. Such a declaration will also make him even more despised in my German Empire which is utterly ashamed of the past German Reich under the Nazi’s, but will endear him to the underground far-right movements in Germany. In my Germany, we hunt for the fascists and Nazi’s three times as much as Bolsheviks.

Would Nemetz be willing to accept aid from underground fascist movements in Germany? Or even aid from and if he wins support to a movement to replace Kaiser Josef Franz with his more right-leaning uncle?
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:36 am

Apologies, Nova Capile. I'm dropping out of this one.

However, for the brief moment of time I was here, I really enjoyed the RP. I'll continue reading this, of course, but my part of writing in it is over.

Best of luck with your RP!
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:23 pm

New Decius wrote:
I mean I’m about to unload about two hundred thousand pounds of munitions in a strategic strike outside Raus so I think I havem beat in the ordenance scale

Yes, and this time you at least have a Capilean commander to vouch for you.
New Decius wrote:A reich? Well Nemetz is ambitious. Such a declaration will also make him even more despised in my German Empire which is utterly ashamed of the past German Reich under the Nazi’s, but will endear him to the underground far-right movements in Germany. In my Germany, we hunt for the fascists and Nazi’s three times as much as Bolsheviks.

Would Nemetz be willing to accept aid from underground fascist movements in Germany? Or even aid from and if he wins support to a movement to replace Kaiser Josef Franz with his more right-leaning uncle?

Generally, yes. Nemetz himself is less receptive to foreign aid, being a nationalist, but the pragmatic members of his cabinet recognize the importance of foreign allies and will definitely convince him to treat with any comers.
Castelia wrote:Apologies, Nova Capile. I'm dropping out of this one.

However, for the brief moment of time I was here, I really enjoyed the RP. I'll continue reading this, of course, but my part of writing in it is over.

Best of luck with your RP!

No problem. It was fun RPing with you while it lasted, and I'm glad that you're still interested and will be reading along.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:28 pm

Quick update, everyone: I've been absolutely slammed with work these last few days, and with finals this coming week I will likely not be able to post very much, if at all. The good news is that by this weekend, I should be totally free. This just in case I'm not able to log on next week.

The Wanderer

First American Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby First American Empire » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:44 pm

I'm also really busy and can't post much. Is it okay if I give you narration rights to my army and tell you what their orders are in the OOC thread, and show them from the perspective of Capilean characters? I don't have the time to put in full-length posts since characterization takes a really long time to write for me.
The American Empire is a socially progressive absolute monarchy run by the heirs of Emperor Norton. It started off at MT but has rapidly advanced to PMT through interdimensional travel. All NSstats are used, except for tax rate and population. Factbooks are currently under reconstruction.

Kingdom of Damascus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Damascus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Summer break! I should have time to post this week or next week.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:34 am

Sorry I should have a post up sometime this weekend

IATA Member

Mersdon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mersdon » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:36 pm

I'm on a trip to Europe so my posting schedule got a bit messed up. I'll have my introductory post up within three days.
[floatright]
Does a French cowboy say ouihaw?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Also, I may be inactive at times, so please bear with my erratic schedule on here.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Alright everyone, I'm back. I have some elements of my next post ready, but I'm going to wait until at least one more person posts before replying again.

First American Empire wrote:I'm also really busy and can't post much. Is it okay if I give you narration rights to my army and tell you what their orders are in the OOC thread, and show them from the perspective of Capilean characters? I don't have the time to put in full-length posts since characterization takes a really long time to write for me.

Yes, this is fine, but keep in mind that I already have a lot of characters, scenes, and battles to write about in each and every post. I likely won't be able to include lengthy descriptions of your troops and their movements. They'll probably just be seen in the background and mentioned briefly, acting in conjunction with other allied forces rather than on their own.
But I'm glad that you still want to participate in the RP in whatever way you can.

I would prefer you to TG me your plans, but if you'd rather post them here that's perfectly fine.
Kingdom of Damascus wrote:Summer break! I should have time to post this week or next week.

New Decius wrote:Sorry I should have a post up sometime this weekend

Hope to read your posts soon.
Mersdon wrote:I'm on a trip to Europe so my posting schedule got a bit messed up. I'll have my introductory post up within three days.

Hope you had a memorable trip! Sounds awesome.

The Wanderer

New United States of Columbia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:12 pm

I’ll definetly try to post ASAP after a few other guys post. Was worried this thread, like every other one I go to, was dead. Glad it’s just hibernating.
http://i.imgur.com/l5GAwrs.jpg
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:34 am

Sorry about not posting as much, but don't worry, I'll be posting soon, in fact, a post's being written as I speak.
Also Nova would you like some help on your geographic map? Maybe we could add some more terrain types like forests or marshes.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:27 am

Posted

IATA Member

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:10 pm

New Decius wrote:Posted

Excellent!
_[' ]_

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:42 pm

Heute wollen wir marschier'n
Einen neuen Marsch probier'n
In dem schönen Westerwald
Ja da pfeift der Wind so kalt

Just being my Germanic bored self

IATA Member

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 am

New Decius wrote:Heute wollen wir marschier'n

Love that march. Then again, Germans have the best marches.
_[' ]_

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:39 pm

New United States of Columbia wrote:
New Decius wrote:Heute wollen wir marschier'n

Love that march. Then again, Germans have the best marches.

Ja well when your fighting for unification for centuries you have to write some inspiring songs

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Hey everyone!

Got a post up (wonderful posts, by the way- I love that New Decius included a map). This weekend I plan to update the political map and, potentially, provide a more detailed topographical map, though I am still considering that one. The ORBAT spreadsheet will also be updated, please send me the specifics of your forces via TG if you wish for your expeditionary force to be added to the spreadsheet.
Depending on whether or not any of you post, I may also post again this weekend.

Also, and please let me know here, what would you all think of:
1) A more detailed topographical map, as mentioned above

2) A Discord server?
I'm not sure how many of you use it, but I've seen countless other threads with their own Discord servers and thought it might make for an easier avenue of communication for us, rather than telegram and OOC.

Please give me feedback for these two issues (I could also make a poll if necessary).

Hope all of you are doing well.
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Also Nova would you like some help on your geographic map? Maybe we could add some more terrain types like forests or marshes.

I can manage a more detailed map by myself, unless there is something specific you're envisioning. For the topographic map I really only wanted to show mountain ranges and rivers so that people would get a general idea of where front lines could form and where troop movements would be hindered. If people really want a more detailed topographical map with added tactical features, I will make one.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:02 pm

So, I just:

-Updated the political map, changing borders and adding names for the two islands.

-Updated the roster, finally adding the Socialist Commune (sorry about that New Decius), as well as fixing broken list code in the IC thread.

-Updated the ORBAT spreadsheet, adding New Decius' expeditionary forces, updating all Fascist, Royalist, and Communist armies to reflect casualties, and adding a new sheet devoted to casualties, where you can see the breakdown of losses for each completed battle.

-Changed the "At a Glance" portions of the OP; the VF is now known as the Capilean Reich (its capital is Saxtonburg) with Nemetz as the Reichsleiter, and the Royalists' capital is now officially at Rochefurt.

I think that sums up everything.
Again, if you wish for your forces to be added to the roster, please send me their details (army names, commanders, numbers, etc.) via TG.

The Wanderer

Ord Caprica
Envoy

Founded: Oct 23, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ord Caprica » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:16 pm

Official Name of Country: United Republic of Ord Caprica
Colloquial Name of Country: United Republic of Caprica, URC, United Republic or just Caprica
Form of Government: Federal Constitutional Presidential Republic
Head of State:President Oliver S. Kenway II
Head of Government: If different.
Population: 261,733,947.2

Which Faction will you support? If none, write peace-keeping/observer. Republic of Saatland
How will you support them? Finnancial aid, war materiel, volunteer legions, full-on military aid, etc. The UR will contribute financially, and material aid in addition to deploying a Marine Expeditionary Unit with it's accompanying Expeditionary Strike Group to act as advisors and instructors in the use of UR military equipment.
What do you hope to accomplish by intervening? The Kenway administration hopes to 1.) Ensure the survival of Capile's only successful republican democracy, 2.) Establish vital trade and diplomatic links with said government, 3.) Use the conflict as a testing ground for new weapons systems, technologies, and concepts, 4.) Secure customers for Caprican military technology and obtain preferential economic concessions, 5.) Minimize the number of casualties, economic and cultural damage suffered by the Republic of Saatland during the conflict, 6.) Achieve full diplomatic recognition for the Republic.
RP Sample: Include at least one link or spoilered passage, but as many more as you like. Intrigue(Multiple IC posts from pages 10-present)
Questions/Comments/Notes:

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:02 pm

Re-updated the roster, removing more players who have dropped out. The ORBAT spreadsheet is also being updated (I'm just adding a notice and New Decius' information). As you can see, I've also added a poll which I would like any and all visitors to the thread to participate in.

Ord Caprica wrote:-Snipped Application-

Accepted. (Ord Caprica TGed me about this, I see no reason to deny another good player.) If you would like me to add your marine expeditionary forces to the ORBAT spreadsheet, just send me a telegram with all of the information I'd need (formation name, troop numbers, commander, etc.).

Also, Caprica, here is some extra information about the Saatlander Republic which I have provided for other players in the past. I think you might find it useful:

Generations ago, there was a similar "civil war," fought mainly between the monarchy, communist rebels, and Dutch secessionists. (The French stayed neutral, and the Fascists hadn't achieved significant political traction yet.) The entire conflict was far less total than Klaus' War will be, but the fate of Capile did hang in the balance for a few weeks.

The Communists found huge support in the industrial region (just like in this roleplay) and quickly surged outward, taking control of the entire southern portion of Capile. Their lofty ideal of a citizen army, however, didn't hold up against monarchist and allied forces, which quickly began to reclaim lost territory. A Stalinist, Léon Faucheuse, came to power in the Communist state, and turned the formerly egalitarian socialist country into a cruel dictatorship, using the war as justification for his methods.

During these years, the people of Saatland, a province in Capile, were under Communist control. However, they were agrarian, avid monarchists, deeply religious and conservative, and generally opposed to Communism. They suffered greatly under Communist rule, and had to fend for themselves; as such, they decided to foresake the monarchy, believing that they had to defend themselves and not rely on the Duke. Nationalist sentiment grew in Saatland, and the locals organized a militia and declared themselves independent from the Communists, creating the Democratic Republic of Capile.

The state was small and short-lived, but like the Republic of Texas had a lasting impact. It survived against the Communist onslaught, and after the Communists were defeated was peacefully incorporated back into the Duchy. This was under the condition that the Saatlander parliament would be allowed autonomy from the Duke on a state level, which infuriated the monarchist Duke, Hans Wilhelm VII (Klaus' father). Hans Wilhelm violated the terms of the treaty after the parliament resisted him one time too many, abolishing the legislature and appointing a Ducal Governor over Saatland.

By the time of Klaus' War, the Saatlanders have become avid believers in democracy, who don't trust the Monarchy any more than they do the Communists or Fascists. There is not so much a cultural as an ideological difference between Saatland and Capile. So yes, they consider themselves heroic defenders of their homeland against tyranny in all forms.

The current territory owned by the Republic of Saatland is nowhere near what would actually be considered Saatland. It is just all that the Saatlanders have been able to conquer over the course of a few weeks. The territory which was owned by the original Saatlander rebels (from that other civil war generations before) would extend all the way up to the southern bank of the Saat River (see new topographical map). Past that, the Saatlander identity fizzles out, so that is likely the farthest Saatland would be able to advance and actually integrate into their country.
(Note there is one exception: Stammburg and surrounding territory has very staunch Fascist support, due to the presence of a large military base and many personnel there.)

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:55 am

Posted

IATA Member

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents