NATION

PASSWORD

Klaus' War {OOC|MT|CLOSED}

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:03 am

Yes, Happy Easter and thanks for your contributions to the RP so far. I personally won't be active for the rest of today, just checking in really quickly. And I don't expect any posts to be made. Enjoy the holiday with your family.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Kingdom of Damascus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Damascus » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:46 pm

I'll get to work on my next post. Happy Easter, by the way!
Last edited by Kingdom of Damascus on Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:57 am

posted
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:49 am

Sorry about the short posts. I'm hoping to get more time to write longer posts come next week, but I can't guarantee anything.
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Sorry about the short posts. I'm hoping to get more time to write longer posts come next week, but I can't guarantee anything.
Eternal Lotharia wrote:Sorry I've been busy.

However, I really am excited to roleplay now.

No problem, guys.

Working on a post now.
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Kingdom of Damascus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Damascus » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Working on my next post.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:11 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:So ideas for where to start?

I may be out of the loop.

I would suggest an introductory post with your characters reacting to the civil war in Capile and issuing an official declaration of support/war for the faction of their choice.

From there, I would suggest collaborating with allies and working together on the same front. Alternatively, find a front that no one else is supporting and bulwark it.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:15 pm

Sorry guys, won't be able to get a post up tonight. Definitely tomorrow.

The Wanderer

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:32 pm

My next post is mostly exposition on Castelia's expeditionary forces plus the arrival to Rochefurt. Yay.
I assumed Rochefurt would have a harbor considering its proximity to the coast. Would that be accurate?
Last edited by Castelia on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

New United States of Columbia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:02 am

I’ll try to get a post up by this weekend.
http://i.imgur.com/l5GAwrs.jpg
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:57 am

Have any of the factions gained a foothold in the Capilean colonies?
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:21 pm

Castelia wrote:My next post is mostly exposition on Castelia's expeditionary forces plus the arrival to Rochefurt. Yay.
I assumed Rochefurt would have a harbor considering its proximity to the coast. Would that be accurate?

Yes. It is not a major shipyard, but it does have port facilities and it is a coastal town.

New United States of Columbia wrote:I’ll try to get a post up by this weekend.

Sounds good.
New Decius wrote:Have any of the factions gained a foothold in the Capilean colonies?

Ah, yes. I hadn't mentioned them so far and I don't really want to involve them in the RP other than in passing mention.

In his brief reign, Klaus has essentially decolonized all of Capile's African holdings. Those that had very little Capilean population (all Asian holdings, some of the recently acquired African nations) achieved full independence. Of the others, they are now three dependent nations: The Republic of Ethiopia, encompassing Ethiopia, Somalia, Djibouti, and Eritrea; the Republic of Sudan, encompassing Sudan and South Sudan; and the Republic of Victoria, encompassing Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi.

The three Republics have significant Capilean minority populations (between 10-25%) and are politically considered protectorates of the Grand Duchy. Thus, they have officially declared for the Royalists. However, the native population sees the civil war as an opportunity to achieve full independence, and should the monarchy suffer further defeats, the three Republics will likely declare complete independence. None of the factions other than the monarchy have any major ties to the former colonies; the most would be ethnic Capileans who are followers of Communism or Fascism and who live within the three Republics.

But all of this is just background information, it likely won't come into play except as a blow to the monarchy's ego and prestige, as I don't want this RP to be sidetracked into a campaign in Africa.

Working on my IC post, should be up tonight.
Last edited by The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Wanderer

Luxembourg-Bavaria
Envoy

Founded: Jan 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxembourg-Bavaria » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:10 am

quick question for you Cap.

About how long would it take for a fleet of ships to travel from Amsterdam(my nation's military port) to Nova Capile. Just wanted to know so I don't god-mod when I deploy at Gravines.
Breaking News! Chancellor Kasel has announced another foreign intervention in the country of Laraosi. This move has been echoed with some praise, but many are decrying the move as another "Capilean Folly." The Chancellor is scheduled to give a speech on the matter in the next few days.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:51 am

Sorry for posting yet another short post so soon.

For anybody wondering, I drafted an ORBAT for my forces. I reckon that a battalion-sized unit wouldn't raise too many eyebrows with international press and whatever.

I'm going to be using five C-130s (my entire fleet of C-130 aircraft to supply the troops. After less than a week, a shipment of supplies (additional rations, vehicles and firearms) will land. Until then, the riflemen and engineers will have to make do with the little amount of equipment that they have. Entrenchment tools and anti-tank weaponry will most likely force the Limburgs troops to sit there and wait for a monarchist attack.
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:13 pm

Im waiting a little on my post to get that passage of time effect cause my next post will be the completion of the airlift of five divisions from Southern France to Capile, thats 125,000 troops plus their immediate supplies and also vehicles etc (My nation is a massive empire so our airlift capacity is a bit expanded) to Joint Base Josef the Base my nation previously built and leased from Capile. This is just an immediate reaction force as my military mobilizes a larger force for a full deployment but that will take quite a bit longer
Last edited by New Decius on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:20 pm

Sorry for the brief period of inactivity, guys. Didn't get a chance to get on last night as I was watching the premiere of Avengers: Endgame, and besides that, I've been busy with studies and rowing.

I don't anticipate posting today, but expect a response tomorrow afternoon (PDT).

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Entrenchment tools and anti-tank weaponry will most likely force the Limburgs troops to sit there and wait for a monarchist attack.

Alright, but remember that the Royalists, while close, have yet to regain the initiative, and the Communist offensive from Raus will be drawing a lot of the monarchy's resources in the south. For the time being, they won't have the manpower to launch a major attack on Saatland. This could be just the opportunity the Saatlanders need to either consolidate their defenses or expand to encompass the entire province.
Luxembourg-Bavaria wrote:quick question for you Cap.

About how long would it take for a fleet of ships to travel from Amsterdam(my nation's military port) to Nova Capile. Just wanted to know so I don't god-mod when I deploy at Gravines.

Hmm, since we're not dating posts this is hard to judge. I would say it would be okay to have your troops arriving at harbor and beginning to unload in your second post. If you feel that's too soon, you can make your second post a description of the journey (perhaps introduce your characters and detail your battleplan).

The Wanderer

Kingdom of Damascus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Damascus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:04 pm

I've finally caught myself some time to work on my post!

First American Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby First American Empire » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:50 pm

Kingdom of Damascus wrote:I've finally caught myself some time to work on my post!

Me too. Mine's coming tomorrow afternoon.
The American Empire is a socially progressive absolute monarchy run by the heirs of Emperor Norton. It started off at MT but has rapidly advanced to PMT through interdimensional travel. All NSstats are used, except for tax rate and population. Factbooks are currently under reconstruction.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:47 am

Halfway done with mine

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Things came up yesterday- but, I have a post in the works. Seeing as many of you are close to posting, I will push mine off until I'm happy with it and can respond to as many of you as possible in a single stroke.

The Wanderer

Luxembourg-Bavaria
Envoy

Founded: Jan 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxembourg-Bavaria » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:59 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Luxembourg-Bavaria wrote:quick question for you Cap.

Hmm, since we're not dating posts this is hard to judge. I would say it would be okay to have your troops arriving at harbor and beginning to unload in your second post. If you feel that's too soon, you can make your second post a description of the journey (perhaps introduce your characters and detail your battleplan).

Can you make a post accepting my offer of help so I can land at Gravines?
Breaking News! Chancellor Kasel has announced another foreign intervention in the country of Laraosi. This move has been echoed with some praise, but many are decrying the move as another "Capilean Folly." The Chancellor is scheduled to give a speech on the matter in the next few days.

First American Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby First American Empire » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:10 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Things came up yesterday- but, I have a post in the works. Seeing as many of you are close to posting, I will push mine off until I'm happy with it and can respond to as many of you as possible in a single stroke.

I'm writing a post right now.

EDIT: It's done.
Last edited by First American Empire on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The American Empire is a socially progressive absolute monarchy run by the heirs of Emperor Norton. It started off at MT but has rapidly advanced to PMT through interdimensional travel. All NSstats are used, except for tax rate and population. Factbooks are currently under reconstruction.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:35 pm

Posted

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:33 pm

New Decius wrote:Posted

Lovely post, New Decius, really enjoyed it. Got one out myself.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:03 am

Official Name of Country:The Socialist Commune of the Revolution
Colloquial Name of Country: The Communards, the Socialist Underground
Form of Government: Loose-Alliance of Underground Far-Left Communist and Socialist Groups
Head of State: None
Head of Government: Shared by Karl Pfaff (General Secretary KPD), Julian Moreau (First Secretary PCF), and Aleksander Gulniyev (General Secretary CPRF)
Population: ~15,000,000

Which Faction will you support?: The workers and peasants of the BSU
How will you support them?: Full military and economic aid
What do you hope to accomplish by intervening?: The establishment of the BSU as the legitimate governing body in Capile
RP Sample: Capile and Columbia can vouch for me
Questions/Comments/Notes:

Figured plenty of underground Communists across my empire who could go to Capile as volunteers, seasoned soldiers for the BSU

IATA Member

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents