NATION

PASSWORD

Klaus' War {OOC|MT|CLOSED}

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New United States of Columbia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:59 am

I’m currently thinking that the ideal two prong plan for my nation is thus:
1st Volunteer Force lands and captures Pritzen. Following that, I travel up the Rei river towards Reiburg and capture or defend (can’t tell on maps it it’s controled by communists or has a minor red infestation) it. After resting there a month or so to assist training the local, they head east towards Raus and then head south (after linking up with allies hopefully) towards Osthilt, Poldorf, and then Konsburg. If no allies then stop at Raus and wait while reinforcements are sent into to help bolster the attack.
2nd Volunteer Force follows first and trains up local militia and police at Pritzen. Once that is done they follow 1st VF to Reiburg but then head north-east to lay siege to Landrath, in a bid to draw off Fascsists from the other primary centers of power. From there a 3rd force would be send to relieve 2nd. 2nd and 3rd then split off. 2nd goes to Wolfcour while 3rd goes to Karlington.

Sound sensible or am I really relying on allies here?
http://i.imgur.com/l5GAwrs.jpg
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:16 am

New United States of Columbia wrote:1st Volunteer Force lands and captures Pritzen. Following that, I travel up the Rei river towards Reiburg and capture or defend (can’t tell on maps it it’s controled by communists or has a minor red infestation) it. After resting there a month or so to assist training the local, they head east towards Raus and then head south (after linking up with allies hopefully) towards Osthilt, Poldorf, and then Konsburg. If no allies then stop at Raus and wait while reinforcements are sent into to help bolster the attack.
2nd Volunteer Force follows first and trains up local militia and police at Pritzen. Once that is done they follow 1st VF to Reiburg but then head north-east to lay siege to Landrath, in a bid to draw off Fascsists from the other primary centers of power. From there a 3rd force would be send to relieve 2nd. 2nd and 3rd then split off. 2nd goes to Wolfcour while 3rd goes to Karlington.

Wait, I just noitced you have two nations on this RP. Was that a mistake or am I seeing things?

In any case, supposing that this plan is in support of the Royalists, I have a few concerns regarding your overall plan, comrade. First of all, assaulting Pritzen using a seaborne invasion is a very risky plan. The ideal plan to take Pritzen actually relies on two forces: an encirclement attack from the landward side and a naval blockade to prevent reinforcements from the sea. Supposing that Pritzen is heavily defended, I can see the defenders throwing your forces back to the sea, if you're even able to land forces there at all. Even if you do manage to capture Pritzen, you'll probably sustain heavy losses, to the point that you'll have trouble defending your newly captured territory, much less mount an offensive. Yeah, you will have to heavily rely on a friendly force here, preferably one that attacks at the same time you do, from the landward side.

Travelling to Reiburg is all fine and good, but now you'll have to fight against the fascists. You'll need to leave a sizable defense force there in order to hold off future Fatherland Front assaults, leaving you with even less men for an offensive. Combining that with the heavy losses you'll probably sustain taking Pritzen and the men you need to leave to defend Pritzen from Communist assaults coming from Raus once you leave for Reiburg, that spells doom for your entire war plan. I don't even know how many men are defending and how many men you'll bring, but that's how I see things will go down, if you attempt to do this alone.

Your entire plan relies on the assumption that nothing will go wrong, and as experience shows, nothing in a military plan ever goes as planned. You'll need a lot of forces for a plan like this, and yes, you need to rely on allied forces to make sure this plan succeeds.
Last edited by Castelia on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:29 am

Columbia: The Monarchists see destroying the Communists at Pritzen as a top priority, because of its proximity to Rochefurt. Coordinate with them, and they may be able to assist you with an attack from land.

Also: I have some free time on my hands. Would you guys like me to create a spreadsheet or something of that sort that shows how many troops from each faction are where?
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:48 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Also: I have some free time on my hands. Would you guys like me to create a spreadsheet or something of that sort that shows how many troops from each faction are where?

That would be most helpful. Thank you.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

First American Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby First American Empire » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:56 am

Keep in mind that my own forces are in Reiburg, and can help you fight against the VF. I won't help you against the nearby BSU pocket in the southeast though. (I won't help fight against the Royalists either, for any BSU supporters reading this.)

Also, what naming conventions should I use for Capilean characters? I want to create a few minor characters from Nova Capile and I want to make sure I get the names right.

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
First American Empire wrote:

Why would it put pressure on me? My government isn't Catholic. None of my characters* are Catholic. 80% of my army isn't Catholic. I'm not even hostile to Saatland.

*Lara Dietrich is Lutheran, Grigoris Tassos is Orthodox, and Pari Qanbari is a Shi'a Muslim.

You’ve got a Catholic populace, and considering that you stand for “liberal values”, your government migt be mocked by the international press.

As far as I see it right now, I’m going to justify aiding the liberals because I see your deployment of troops as an invasion. I’ll be posting on Monday/Tuesday, and, depending on whether the Vatican proposal gets accepted, the OP might propose that international press would absolutely barrage your nation because of your impulsive deployment of troops.

America is only around 20% Catholic. Half the country is Protestant. The current Emperor is a Unitarian Universalist. We don't have any obligation to obey the Pope. I'm in here to defeat the VF, not to ensure a specific faction wins.

I like the idea of my country being viciously attacked by the international press for General Dietrich's diplomatic screwup. Nova Capile, please do this.
The American Empire is a socially progressive absolute monarchy run by the heirs of Emperor Norton. It started off at MT but has rapidly advanced to PMT through interdimensional travel. All NSstats are used, except for tax rate and population. Factbooks are currently under reconstruction.

New United States of Columbia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:00 pm

Castelia wrote:
New United States of Columbia wrote:1st Volunteer Force lands and captures Pritzen. Following that, I travel up the Rei river towards Reiburg and capture or defend (can’t tell on maps it it’s controled by communists or has a minor red infestation) it. After resting there a month or so to assist training the local, they head east towards Raus and then head south (after linking up with allies hopefully) towards Osthilt, Poldorf, and then Konsburg. If no allies then stop at Raus and wait while reinforcements are sent into to help bolster the attack.

Wait, I just noitced you have two nations on this RP. Was that a mistake or am I seeing things?

In any case, supposing that this plan is in support of the Royalists, I have a few concerns regarding your overall plan, comrade. First of all, assaulting Pritzen using a seaborne invasion is a very risky plan. The ideal plan to take Pritzen actually relies on two forces: an encirclement attack from the landward side and a naval blockade to prevent reinforcements from the sea. Supposing that Pritzen is heavily defended, I can see the defenders throwing your forces back to the sea, if you're even able to land forces there at all. Even if you do manage to capture Pritzen, you'll probably sustain heavy losses, to the point that you'll have trouble defending your newly captured territory, much less mount an offensive. Yeah, you will have to heavily rely on a friendly force here, preferably one that attacks at the same time you do, from the landward side.

Travelling to Reiburg is all fine and good, but now you'll have to fight against the fascists. You'll need to leave a sizable defense force there in order to hold off future Fatherland Front assaults, leaving you with even less men for an offensive. Combining that with the heavy losses you'll probably sustain taking Pritzen and the men you need to leave to defend Pritzen from Communist assaults coming from Raus once you leave for Reiburg, that spells doom for your entire war plan. I don't even know how many men are defending and how many men you'll bring, but that's how I see things will go down, if you attempt to do this alone.

Your entire plan relies on the assumption that nothing will go wrong, and as experience shows, nothing in a military plan ever goes as planned. You'll need a lot of forces for a plan like this, and yes, you need to rely on allied forces to make sure this plan succeeds.

Thanks. I forgot to consider that, relying on getting in by sea, that they’ll be heavily defended and even the best naval bombardment would leave a lot of defenders. Shoulda figured it’d be heavily defended anyway since, ya know, important seaport. Edit: And, no, I have two nations. The National Council to Restore Columbia that shall be aiding the Fatherland Front.
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://i.imgur.com/l5GAwrs.jpg
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:02 pm

First American Empire wrote:Also, what naming conventions should I use for Capilean characters? I want to create a few minor characters from Nova Capile and I want to make sure I get the names right.

I created a name generator I sometimes use for inspiration, but I don't believe it will work unless you're using my account for the website. If you wish, I can telegram you the list of names from the generator.

Otherwise, any Germanic names will do. First names should be obviously Germanic (not a borrowed Americanism). Last names just need to be generally Germanic; German last names are the most common, but if you want to mix it up you can use a Dutch, Scandinavian, or even Anglo-Saxon surname.

I like the idea of my country being viciously attacked by the international press for General Dietrich's diplomatic screwup. Nova Capile, please do this

I will keep this in mind.

Working on the spreadsheet.
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Finger feeling better.

Of all fingers, it had to be my middle finger on my left hand. Not my writing hand, but still was a bitch to deal with.

Glad to hear it!

The Wanderer

Kingdom of Damascus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Damascus » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Making headway on my first post. It'll be up either tonight or tomorrow.

Unfortunately I'm really busy and so it won't be as lengthy as I'd like it to be, but nonetheless should be sufficient.

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Would Saxtonburg be more in need of supplies or some sort of rescue operation?
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:09 pm

Atkemri wrote:Would Saxtonburg be more in need of supplies or some sort of rescue operation?

Likely a rescue operation. As you can see from the spreadsheet I just uploaded, approximately 18,000 starving and ill-supplied Royalist soldiers are facing upwards of 100,000 Fascist troops.

That said, if New Decius still decides to try and lift the siege of Saxtonburg, then I'm sure he would appreciate your help.
Eternal Lotharia wrote:Starting on a post now.

I hope I don't relapse into playing EU4 instead. :p

Kingdom of Damascus wrote:Making headway on my first post. It'll be up either tonight or tomorrow.

Unfortunately I'm really busy and so it won't be as lengthy as I'd like it to be, but nonetheless should be sufficient.

I look forward to reading your posts.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:12 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Atkemri wrote:Would Saxtonburg be more in need of supplies or some sort of rescue operation?

Likely a rescue operation. As you can see from the spreadsheet I just uploaded, approximately 18,000 starving and ill-supplied Royalist soldiers are facing upwards of 100,000 Fascist troops.

That said, if New Decius still decides to try and lift the siege of Saxtonburg, then I'm sure he would appreciate your help.
Eternal Lotharia wrote:Starting on a post now.

I hope I don't relapse into playing EU4 instead. :p

Kingdom of Damascus wrote:Making headway on my first post. It'll be up either tonight or tomorrow.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Well my carrier group has a contingent of VTOL aircraft so even given the overwhelming air power I could bring to bear along with cruise missiles etc from surface warships i dont have the firepower to lift the siege. Im thinking airlifting as many Royalist troops to my fleet as possible may be the best decision
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:37 pm

Well then, New Decius are you planning to lift the siege of Saxtonburg?
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:38 pm

Atkemri wrote:Well then, New Decius are you planning to lift the siege of Saxtonburg?

We shall see how things develop i am working on a post now
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Kingdom of Damascus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Damascus » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:56 pm

Posted, I hope it is sufficient.
Last edited by Kingdom of Damascus on Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:17 am

Hey, I just wanted to let you all know that I’ll write a post tomorrow. Would anybody have a problem with me having those two mercenaries in the T-6 land in my first post? I’d like to skip the nasty and overcomplicated paperwork and have my mercenaries on French soil ASAP. They’re flying in a T-6 Texan aircraft, a pretty much an ancient aeroplane when it comes to modern warfare. It’s held together by strings and chewing gum, and I don’t think that it has any military potential it other highly modern multirole fighters “join the fun” and BTFO the two pilots.

Having said that, I’ll still go through bureaucratic and diplomatic work to send a small volunteer force to Saatland, but it’s just that I think that having mercs in free French territory would be pretty fun just because having a WWII-era trainer aircraft engage in close air support roles and fire missions would be pretty fun
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:18 am

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Hey, I just wanted to let you all know that I’ll write a post tomorrow. Would anybody have a problem with me having those two mercenaries in the T-6 land in my first post? I’d like to skip the nasty and overcomplicated paperwork and have my mercenaries on French soil ASAP. They’re flying in a T-6 Texan aircraft, a pretty much an ancient aeroplane when it comes to modern warfare. It’s held together by strings and chewing gum, and I don’t think that it has any military potential it other highly modern multirole fighters “join the fun” and BTFO the two pilots.

Having said that, I’ll still go through bureaucratic and diplomatic work to send a small volunteer force to Saatland, but it’s just that I think that having mercs in free French territory would be pretty fun just because having a WWII-era trainer aircraft engage in close air support roles and fire missions would be pretty fun

I don't mind the mercenaries arriving in the French State. With all the chaos it seems reasonable that they could slip in undetected. I would like you to introduce yourself to the local French forces before immediately assuming that you're on the same side, however.

Also, are you sure that that plane will be able to survive against modern fighters and anti-aircraft guns?

The Wanderer

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:30 am

[align=][/align]
Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Hey, I just wanted to let you all know that I’ll write a post tomorrow. Would anybody have a problem with me having those two mercenaries in the T-6 land in my first post? I’d like to skip the nasty and overcomplicated paperwork and have my mercenaries on French soil ASAP. They’re flying in a T-6 Texan aircraft, a pretty much an ancient aeroplane when it comes to modern warfare. It’s held together by strings and chewing gum, and I don’t think that it has any military potential it other highly modern multirole fighters “join the fun” and BTFO the two pilots.

I don't mind the mercenaries arriving in the French State. With all the chaos it seems reasonable that they could slip in undetected. I would like you to introduce yourself to the local French forces before immediately assuming that you're on the same side, however.

Also, are you sure that that plane will be able to survive against modern fighters and anti-aircraft guns?

lol not a chance

Thanks for the info though.

EDIT: Just looked it up. Those T-6 aircraft haven’t seen any action for about fifty years. Those mercs won’t last.
Last edited by Vrijstaat Limburg on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

AmericanValues results

- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Alright, posted.

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Alright, posted.

Good post, but I'm very confused as to why it's dated January 1938. :eyebrow:

The Wanderer

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Alright, posted.

Good post, but I'm very confused as to why it's dated January 1938. :eyebrow:

Good spot. I stole this from another RP. I'll edit it. sorry.

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Good post, but I'm very confused as to why it's dated January 1938. :eyebrow:

Good spot. I stole this from another RP. I'll edit it. sorry.

No problem, I was just thrown off for a moment, haha. Working on a post.
EDIT: Also, in the future, I would prefer that you don't date your posts, at least not to the day, because I'd like to be able to change around the canon dates if need be.
Last edited by The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:23 pm

Ive posted a short (Well five long paragraphs is short for me) in the moment post that I would say is rather moving. Im working on a longer post now describing German reaction to the Civil War as it has progressed and German troop deployment.

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:34 pm

New Decius wrote:Ive posted a short (Well five long paragraphs is short for me) in the moment post that I would say is rather moving. Im working on a longer post now describing German reaction to the Civil War as it has progressed and German troop deployment.

Nice, nice.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I have cleared the whole Princess Elizabeth thing with New Decius. We will reveal details of her capture with our concurrent posts.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:36 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Sorry for delay, post tomorrow.

Issues occurred today.

I'm having a greeeaaat week...

Sorry to hear it. Don't sweat it, I totally understand.

Just post whenever you can, there's no pressure.

The Wanderer

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents