NATION

PASSWORD

Taming the Wildlands (Discussion/Planning) [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:42 am

United States of Devonta wrote:But can I keep one wolfpack, I love RPing submarine warfare.

Sure, that's fine. Though there won't be much in the way of an enemy navy to hunt, though. But maybe at some point a Devontan submarine accidentally torpedos an Atlantian ship or another friendly vessel in a case of mistaken identity?
The Confederation of Atlantian Dominions
My nation can be referred to as "the Atlantian Dominions" or "Atlantia"
Continuity currently undergoing major reconstruction - please stand by

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:02 am

Atlantian Dominions wrote:
United States of Devonta wrote:But can I keep one wolfpack, I love RPing submarine warfare.

Sure, that's fine. Though there won't be much in the way of an enemy navy to hunt, though. But maybe at some point a Devontan submarine accidentally torpedos an Atlantian ship or another friendly vessel in a case of mistaken identity?

I don't see how that would happen, but it could happen.

And I'll be making a post today or tommrow.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Vonein
Attaché

Founded: Aug 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vonein » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:17 pm

How do you want to participate? Honduragua

Who is joining the conflict? The Republic of Vonein

Why are they getting involved? Vonein is trying to become a world power, and power projection is fully on the agenda of the new government. The government wants to prove it is a capable military force. It also wants to try out new tactics and see if the Voneinian National Army is up to par with other nations of the world. The Voneinian government also wants to see the territory of a sovereign state protected against aggressors, and so vows it's support to the government of Honduragua.

What does their involvement look like?

Several things from this will be present. (It is WIP so the type of equipment will grow.)

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=von ... /id=118978

One Airborne regiment will be in country to protect Voneinian Assets. Two SpecOps teams will also assist.
Last edited by Vonein on Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:45 am

I have posted another update on the IC thread, my amphibious invasion fleet will be sailing in my next post. Kandonica, I've held off on reacting to your nation because it seemed like your government had not yet gone public with the decision to go to war.

Vonein wrote:-snip-

First off, unless your units are much smaller that normal, that list of forces sounds way over the limit - you'll need to reduce it to under 10,000 men.

Second, your reasoning makes sense as an internal justification, but you'll need to come up with a better IC reason to present to my government, that would convince Atlantian Dominions to accept your help.
Last edited by Atlantian Dominions on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vonein
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Vonein » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:05 am

Atlantian Dominions wrote:I have posted another update on the IC thread, my amphibious invasion fleet will be sailing in my next post. Kandonica, I've held off on reacting to your nation because it seemed like your government had not yet gone public with the decision to go to war.

First off, unless your units are much smaller that normal, that list of forces sounds way over the limit - you'll need to reduce it to under 10,000 men.

Second, your reasoning makes sense as an internal justification, but you'll need to come up with a better IC reason to present to my government, that would convince Atlantian Dominions to accept your help.

Voneinian unit sizes are smaller than RL unit sizes.

Do you want me to redo the app?

Leaniz
Secretary

Founded: Mar 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Leaniz » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:41 am

How do you want to participate? As my own party attempting to colonize the area

Who is joining the conflict? Leaniz (non-canon)

Why are they getting involved? A need to expand out of the desert.

What does their involvement look like? TANKS, PLANES, TROOPS, AND GUNS!
My nation protects prosperity, but that doesn't mean I won't use force. I got TANKS and GUNS and AIRPLANES and anything else I need to protect prosperity. Think of me as america without all the oil greediness.

Democratic Republic Of Unified States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 27, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Democratic Republic Of Unified States » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:45 am

Hey. Ok, so we are coming to protect animals and the environment, and help the atlanteans. We are bringing 2,000 troops, the DRUS REVENANT, a hydroelectric/nuclear aircraft carrier and scientists, medics and 15 fighter jets. The REVENANT is equipped with phalanx guns.
Sincerely, the Democratic Republic Of Unified States. We are helping you.
Last edited by Democratic Republic Of Unified States on Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:48 am

Tagged to support the cartel. App incoming.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Leaniz wrote:-snip-

Rejected. I'm not interested in fighting a three-way war, and it would take a much better application than that to make me change my mind.

Democratic Republic Of Unified States wrote:-snip-

Rejected. Both for not following the right style for the application like everyone else, and also because I don't understand your reasoning for getting involved.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:41 pm

How do you want to participate? Supporting Honduragua with frontline troops

Who is joining the conflict? Pinnacle Security Solutions (State controlled entity)

Why are they getting involved? The Federation wishes to support the Cartel in its efforts with the hopes of gaining territory from the Confederacy and gaining favorable rights to exploit the region from the Cartel; as well as establishing an official Federation base on the island. However they are making use of a state controlled company to put up a facade of neutrality to deny all involvement in any situations that might arise from the conflict. As such, the mercenaries are on their own and can expect no official support from their homeland.

What does their involvement look like? 6,000 mercenaries divided into two groups.
Group Alpha-"Asp"
Strength: 4500
Role: Infantry and Logistics
Equipment:

Uniform(Ignore the HUD and tech)

Group Bravo-"Badger"
Strength: 1500
Role: Armor and Transport
Equipment:
M22 Stingray APC(Its a modular vehicle; and can make use of a SAM or 30 mm Gatling for AA purposes).
M10 'Warrior Fast Attack Vehicle

OOC: If this is too much or too little; then I apologize for wasting your time.
Last edited by The United Federation of Terrans on Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Bureaucrat

Postby Democratic Republic Of Unified States » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:35 pm

Revised
Nation name: The Democratic Republic Of Unified States
Reason for joining: Honduragua has a world class environment, and we are a very ecologically minded nation, so we are fighting to protect that environment, as well as the fact that we hate conflict, and are wishing to work with Atlantian Dominions to make the annexation as quick and bloodless for all who do not attempt to make the war bloodier.
Troops sent: One TITAN class ship, the DRUS JUGGERNAUT, 2,000 troops, to be under the , command, and 15 planes, to help airlift rare animals out and carry troops and medics into the war.
Allegiance: Atlantian Dominions
OOC: If this doesn't fill the criteria, I'll go
Last edited by Democratic Republic Of Unified States on Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Vonein
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Vonein » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:40 pm

Rewritten Application

How do you want to participate? Honduragua

Who is joining the conflict? The Republic of Vonein

Why are they getting involved? Vonein is trying to become a world power, and power projection is fully on the agenda of the new government. The government wants to prove it is a capable military force. It also wants to try out new tactics and see if the Voneinian National Army is up to par with other nations of the world. The Voneinian government also wants to see the territory of a sovereign state protected against aggressors, and so vows it's support to the government of Honduragua.

What does their involvement look like?

Several things from this will be present. (It is WIP so the type of equipment will grow.)

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=von ... /id=118978

One Airborne regiment will be in country to protect Voneinian Assets. Two SpecOps teams will also assist.

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Kandonica, how do you want to go about making contact ICly? We should have some sort of IC knowledge of each other’s intentions prior to our fleets arriving off Honduragua. I think it makes more sense if you reach out and make the offer of aid to my government, since we wouldn’t know about your plans otherwise, unless the declaration of war you mentioned in your first post was made public.

I think it’s an interesting idea. Since I haven’t heard anything from Deutschess Kaiserreich in response to my suggestions about their application, the northern part of Honduragua around Bonita (which is where all the nature tourism happens) currently has nothing happening around it. You could make your offer to my government ICly, and we would say something along the lines of “you can be responsible for Bonita and all the tourists and wildlife around there” to make it someone else’s problem while we focus on the heart of the country. How does that sound?

What are the “Voneinian Assets” in Honduragua?

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:-snip-

Drop the tanks and you’re good. It will be interesting to see how your mercenaries and United Avon’s mercenaries interact.

How the opening stages of this war will go looks like this: the island of San Lorenzo will be taken without much of a fight. Atlantian troops will then begin evicting all the local residents in order to make way for airfields and other bases.

The first major battle will be for Reynas on the island of San Marcos - I’m imagining there won’t be any mercenaries there, and this will give my troops a false confidence that will be shattered when they land near Tijata and find it harder going than they thought.

My thought is that the various mercenary units will arrive in Honduragua too late to fight on the islands but prior to the full blockade being thrown up around Tijata.
Last edited by Atlantian Dominions on Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:44 pm

Atlantian Dominions wrote:-SNIP-

Tanks have been dropped.
Is it alright if I RP my merc's commanders arriving ahead of the main force for the purpose of establishing a lay of the land sort of deal?

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:47 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Tanks have been dropped.

Accepted.

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Is it alright if I RP my merc's commanders arriving ahead of the main force for the purpose of establishing a lay of the land sort of deal?

Yes that's fine. I'm okay with a little bit of teleporting troops in the case of the mercenaries. Both you and United Avon can be assumed to have been putting these plans in motion prior to the actual declaration of war, since it would have been obvious to observers that war was imminent.

Bruzenland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruzenland » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:23 pm

Meanwhile Bruzenland be like:
Come join us in Kayfabeland

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:16 pm

Post is up. Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Bureaucrat

Postby Democratic Republic Of Unified States » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:08 am

Atlantian Dominions wrote:Kandonica, how do you want to go about making contact ICly? We should have some sort of IC knowledge of each other’s intentions prior to our fleets arriving off Honduragua. I think it makes more sense if you reach out and make the offer of aid to my government, since we wouldn’t know about your plans otherwise, unless the declaration of war you mentioned in your first post was made public.

I think it’s an interesting idea. Since I haven’t heard anything from Deutschess Kaiserreich in response to my suggestions about their application, the northern part of Honduragua around Bonita (which is where all the nature tourism happens) currently has nothing happening around it. You could make your offer to my government ICly, and we would say something along the lines of “you can be responsible for Bonita and all the tourists and wildlife around there” to make it someone else’s problem while we focus on the heart of the country. How does that sound?

Drop the tanks and you’re good. It will be interesting to see how your mercenaries and United Avon’s mercenaries interact.

How the opening stages of this war will go looks like this: the island of San Lorenzo will be taken without much of a fight. Atlantian troops will then begin evicting all the local residents in order to make way for airfields and other bases.

The first major battle will be for Reynas on the island of San Marcos - I’m imagining there won’t be any mercenaries there, and this will give my troops a false confidence that will be shattered when they land near Tijata and find it harder going than they thought.

My thought is that the various mercenary units will arrive in Honduragua too late to fight on the islands but prior to the full blockade being thrown up around Tijata.

I like that idea

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:40 pm

Atlantian Dominions wrote:

I’m down for that. Question, do you want my mercs on the battling on front during the initial landings for a Saving Private Ryan-esque invasion?

Or would you prefer we wait within the city for you to overrun the Honduraguan militias?

Vonein
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Vonein » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:50 pm

Diplomats and the like are the Voneinian Assets.

Kandonica
Attaché

Founded: Mar 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kandonica » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Atlantian Dominions wrote:Kandonica, how do you want to go about making contact ICly? We should have some sort of IC knowledge of each other’s intentions prior to our fleets arriving off Honduragua. I think it makes more sense if you reach out and make the offer of aid to my government, since we wouldn’t know about your plans otherwise, unless the declaration of war you mentioned in your first post was made public.

We planned to make our declaration public, but in my next post I could possibly do a talk within my government about creating a diplomatic channel with you guys.

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:19 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Question, do you want my mercs on the battling on front during the initial landings for a Saving Private Ryan-esque invasion?

Or would you prefer we wait within the city for you to overrun the Honduraguan militias?

I think having them close to the beach to surprise the landings with unexpected resistance would make for a good story.

I will have a post up in the next few days - I was unable to do any writing over the weekend.

Vonein wrote:Diplomats and the like are the Voneinian Assets.

If you want to do an embassy evacuation, that would be an interesting story. But as I told someone else, I'm not really interested in direct conflict with other nations - you're welcome to send weapons and aid to Honduragua using the embassy evacuation as a cover though.

Democratic Republic Of Unified States wrote:I like that idea

That's great, but I'd like it if you put a bit more content in your posts to match what everyone has been doing.

Kandonica wrote:We planned to make our declaration public, but in my next post I could possibly do a talk within my government about creating a diplomatic channel with you guys.

Alright. I'd like my fleet to arrive prior to yours, which would make sense given my closer proximity, so just keep that in mind moving forward. Your fleet will be able to anchor off San Lorenzo and assist with the invasion of San Marcos - and we can set that all up ICly or assume it's happening and make reference to it.
Last edited by Atlantian Dominions on Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boomerania
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boomerania » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:37 pm

How do you want to participate? the Atlantian Dominions

Who is joining the conflict? Buck Lawson, a private citizen who is currently in the possession of a Fletcher FD-25, and who has a rather traditional stance when it comes to dealing drugs and being an autocrat.

Why are they getting involved? "Them damn Hondooraguanese wanna be sellin' drugs to underaged children? My God, why ain't nobody bothered to stop them good-for-nothin' creeps yet?" - Buck Lawson, moments before taking a sip of his prized Boomer Juice beverage.

Mr. Lawson believes in international cooperation to wipe autocracy and terror off the face of the earth. He's a fervent defender of the state of Israel, and has flown missions in the Gaza Strip after being contracted by the IDF and the Israeli government.

He's staunchly opposed against drug trafficking, and describes himself as a "Red-white-'n-blue patriot conservative". He thinks that flying out to bomb "some o' dem Hondoorigans" is a good idea, since it will halt the drug trade, make him money and it would make him feel better about himself.

What does their involvement look like? Buck will fly over in a Fletcher FD-25 attack aircraft, and give the Atlantians air support as part of a contracting mission
I S R A E L - I S - O U R - G R E A T E S T - A L L Y

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:10 am

Boomerania wrote:-snip-

I was trying to figure out how serious this application was, but it seems like the mods have taken things out of my hands.

Anyway, new post is up. There's a lot of talking - I wanted to give the two mercenary units enough information to keep roleplaying their preparations. My next post will be a look at the fleet on its way and probably the beginning of the air campaign against Honduragua.

Bruzenland, are you particularly attached to the agent you've got in El Patron's villa? I love the idea but this is a high-level crime lord, so he'd be sweeping for bugs pretty regularly, so the earring microphones are a nice trick but planting physical bugs will probably be discovered pretty quickly.

Mount Zeon
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Zeon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:13 am

I'm very busy with school this month, but I don't want to drop out of the RP - instead I'll hold off on appearing until after Tijata is captured, with the reason that my nation can't do amphibious landings so it has to wait until a major port has been seized to offload its troops. That should coincide nicely with me having more RL free time to post.
Vionna-Frankenlisch: Mount Zeon sounds very much like somewhere I'd like to avoid like the plague
Mount Zeon: is it the farming
---
New Edom: Mount Zeon is a nation of ass men
Vionna-Frankenlisch: Oh good God, how many of you people are there in this region?
---
Novitera: What expensive but low volume goods come out of Mount Zeon?
Vionna-Frankenlisch: Wives

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents