NATION

PASSWORD

The Grand Concert

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Aurreliae
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

The Grand Concert

Postby Aurreliae » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Aurum Civitatem, Imperii Aureliae, 23rd March, 1990

It was a cold spring day, the streets of the Capital City filled with cars, the parks filled with people, all sighing in relief and joy, for the Empire's northern enemy, the barbaric Northern Nation finally having succumbed to the Federation's ideals. It was a spring of revolutions, the Dakian dictator executed in February, Sarmatia's ruling Party outlawed, it's people in the streets, and Gothia declaring independence from the Northern Nation, it truly was amazing to see such a symphony of revolutions, especially after such a long pause.

"Semper Aureliam!" Shouted the entire Legio I Aurelica, which had gathered in the Forum Magistratum.

"Semper Aureliam" Shouted Imperator Augustus Aurelianus XII, Emperor of Aurelia, bearer of the name of Aurelianus, commander of the 1st Legion, as he began marching forward, dressed in ancient Roman armor, bearing the scutum with the Aurelian eagle on it. "Gotta look composed, for the people." He thought.

The soldiers were following him, matching his step and pace, their steps mirroring the thunder, and behind the band was playing a march song, followed by the Legion's mechanized division.

"In today's news, the Army and the Emperor are holding a parade, celebrating 2000th anniversary since the founding of our great Empire! Semper Aureliam! May it last 2000 years more!" Said the TV reporter on scene. "Back to the studio, Claudius." She finished.

"Thank you. And now, for the international news. The Federation has finally ceased it's "Cold War" with the Northern Nation, after the latter succumbed to revolutions and coups, it's own leader resigning at gunpoint. It seems their beliefs weren't enough to stop the Federation's soldiers. Nipponia has finally broke free from Sina's sphere of influence, being protected by the Federation, and, on our own doorstep, Francisco Juliano was elected as President of the Republic of Lombardia. It is unclear whether his rule will further impoverish the Republic, or if it will bring prosperity to it. And that's all for today. Semper Aureliam!" The news anchor ended, as the national anthem began to be played.

Ebrilond
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ebrilond » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:27 am

24th of March, 1990

It was a large gathering at the Jomooniee parliament. Everyone was getting ready for the King's speech as the mark of an end of an era. The Cold War did not have any specific effect on Ebrilond, but it was a sure a deadly and dangerous decade to remember.
The king has stepped in front of the microphone and two of his royal guards stood next to him. The Elyenburghian House was infamous for "the loudest throat clearing ever", so everyone fell quiet.

"My Ebrilondian brothers, and sisters. Today maybe a sad, maybe a good and happy day for some of us. However, I declare that the Cold War is now over, atleast for us, and many communist nations are now rising towards their freedom. Ebrilond, used to be a monarcho-communist state under Soviet rule from 1918 to 1922. But now, it's fully independent and the stars not only spark on our banner, but in our hearts, and our beautiful skies. I wish you all good luck with your work, your family, and education without being afraid of a nuclear war. Never let the Ebrilondian proudness fall from the sky, never!"-announced King Lóránt the Third.

Everyone started cheering and throwing roses at the King, who was amazed by the nation he used to rule. It was time for Ebrilond to officially hold elections and become a Constitutional Monarchy.
Needs a new signature.

Aurreliae
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurreliae » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:29 pm

Aurelian Embassy, Foreign Quarter, Tokyo, Free State of Iapponia, 24th March 1990

"Please, we beg you!" Shouted a woman at the gates, as two soldiers of the Japanese Army grabbed her. Japan began it's struggle to gain independence from the Qing Empire, who ruled over it for over four decades. It was now, during the fall of the Soviet Union that they were able to begin wrestling for control over their own island, with help from the Federation.

"What do these Asians want?" Asked a guard.

"I think they want us to help them in their rebellion. After all, we did kind of gain a reputation as a friend of all rebellions around the globe." Replied the other one.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Though we should try to hel- Hey! You there! Stop!" He said as he drew his weapon, aiming at a civilian who was climbing over the Embassy's fence.

"Stop right there!" Shouted the other guard, him too aiming his weapon, but the intruder was not showing signs of stopping.

"You have been warned." The guards said before opening fire, as the intruder dropped dead outside the Embassy. Outside the grand fences and walls of the foreign embassies, anarchy was taking over, as Qing tanks began opening fire on the rebel fighters, who took cover behind the wrecks of various vehicles. The Qing presence was minimal, for they did not want to damage any of the embassies. The Emperor of Japan, Emperor Akihito, was at the Aurelian Embassy.

"We ask of you to help us in these harsh times." He said. "Japan, ahem, Iapponia, has been struggling to gain independence from the Qing occupiers for many decades. The Federation is willing to help us in our independence efforts, so why not Aurelia too?" He finally asked before bowing to the grand TV screen, he was in a live conference with the Imperator.

"Many apologies, and our deepest regrets, Your Excellency, but Aurelia cannot risk to endanger it's already shaky relations with Qing in the name of a faraway island, which refused Rome's protection in the past." Replied Augustus, bowing slightly. "We have yet more pressing concerns, such as our potential danger on our Northern Borders."

"We realize that, and we ask of your grand empire that you pledge your support for our independence, even officially, without sending any support, just like we did during your Civil War." Akihito said.

"May I remind your Excellency that the Civil War was strictly a fight between Aurelians? International support had but a minor role in the grand scheme of things. And may I remind you about Iapponia's betrayal during the Second Global War? When, by the order of your father, Iapponia launched assaults against our territories in Indochina? When taking over, the Qing government officially apologized in the name of Japan, but Emperor Hirohito didn't." Augustus replied.

Akihito became visibly pale, he did not expect the Aurelians to remember that event, which he tried to erase from the history books. "Then, in the name of my ancestors, I apologize for the crimes committed by Iapponia against the Empire of Aurelia." He said, shaking.

"You know we Aurelians, as proud bearers of the Roman Empire's legacy, and with a legacy of our own, do care about our prestige, and we never forget those who wronged us. And an apology hastily thrown together cannot suffice for us to forgive your entire nation."

"What do you want, then?" Akihito asked, already close to falling to his knees.

"We demand your loyalty, and permission to station troops on your lands. Iapponia can be an useful stronghold in Asia." Augustus replied. "These are the terms we demand."

Akihito fell to his knees. "You are no different than the Qing. You seek only "glory" and "honor", outdated values in this time and age!" He began shouting, as his advisor rushed to his side to try to calm him.

"Nihon, as it came to my understanding, is a society based on honor, yes?" Asked Augustus, in a serious tone. Akihito became pale. He knew that when the Aurelian Imperator addresses a nation by it's native name, he is in a hostile mood.

"Y-Yes." Akihito said.

"Then, if I am not mistaken, Japanese people are honor-bound, more so than us Aurelians. And so, you claiming that we seek "honor" and "glory" means that you resent your own nation, whose very core is built on these values?"

"N-No."

"Then what is stopping you from accepting our terms?" Augustus asked.

"Nothing." Akihito sighed. "We accept your demands." He said as he bowed his head, tears rolling down his face.

"Fate is a cruel mistress. You now have Aurelia's and the Federation's blessing, so go, fight the oppressors, and seek to gain that which you hold dear, independence for your nation!" The Imperator shouted, taking out his sword. "Fight just like your ancestors did. Fight and restore Iapponia's honor!"

The live feed ended, and the Japanese Emperor was sitting on the floor, he was shocked at how quick the Aurelian Emperor changed his attitude. "Best not anger Aurelia any further." He thought as he stood up, and walked to the Embassy's balcony. There he saw that all fighting has ceased, as smoke rose over the crimson sky of Tokyo, he saw soldiers from the Aurelian Embassy, together with the Federation's soldiers, begin marching outside the embassies. The Qing soldiers retreated slowly. He later heard that the Federation negotiated a deal with the Qing Empire, giving independence to Japan in exchange for the Federation's advanced technologies.

Ebrilond
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ebrilond » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:57 pm

1990, March 30, Ebrilondian Political Centre, 20:22

George Davies was sitting in his office sipping his last drops of tea. Another man, a tall, black and mean-looking, but kindhearted figure entered the room. It was Michael Barran, with a slight momentous face. George knew Michael had something important to confess.
He stepped in front of his table and dropped a huge stack of papers on it, the much-weighing papers thumped hard on the already decaying desk.

"We need to talk."-said Michael with a critical voice.

At the first stance, George thought Ebrilond was facing serious consequences, like a brutal Civil War with many dilemmas, or was at war with someone, maybe an upcoming economical crisis?

"Tell me."-responded George with the same mooded voice.

"Don't be nervous, there aren't any problems with our country. Others countries HAVE a problem with us appearently."-claimed Michael.

George's face became questioned.
Out of the many papers, Michael pulled down the paper at the top of the stack, and held it, waiting for George to grab it.
George was surprised, it was a newspaper, reading "EBRILONDIAN ETHNICITY SCARING OUT LOCALS".

Michael stood up and cleared his throat.

"It seems that Ebrilond becoming a superpower wasn't a good idea maybe. Two days ago several Ebrilondians with Cape Verdean citizenship scared out an entire village without any agression. This isn't good. If this remains and the issue will be just ignored, there could be some serious quandary. We're observers of the poor African Union which almost does not serve any purpose, but we still didn't want to deny to finally cooperate with poorer countries and help them. Cape Verde is rather tiny, and you know what humans are like, media spreads these everywhere, and eventually they will think we are trying to invade them. While we are not. What are your thoughts?"-asked Michael.

George was thinking for a moment, but he realized there was something out of context.
"We need to attend those African Union summits, and strengten our bond with the many African countries. Just try not to get in trouble with Aurreliae, their empire is extended to some North African countries. Ethiopia is our best friend, so I say, we should aid them with military and economical aid. As for Cape Verde, do the same, except the military presence. I don't want tiny hooligans barely trained with guns running across Ebrilond. That shall do the trick. We should ask the UN for permission first, and then Cape Verde whether they accept or not."-stated George.

"What about inviting them into the Alliance of Four Kingdoms?"-asked Michael.

"It's too complicated. Ebrilond and Aurreliae are superpowers with their respective influences. Thailand is too close to Aurreliae and I don't want other Indochinese nations in it. If they join, Aurelia loses it's sphere of influence. The Cold War basically just ended, we don't want another."-said George.

"Understood, sir."-said Michael, with a much more happier face.
Needs a new signature.

Aurreliae
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurreliae » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:25 am

Camp #104, Republic of Nigeria, Outskirts of Lagos, 31st of March 1990

"Festinare! Festinare!" Shouted a centurion, from the tower overlooking the refugee camp. Nigeria barely got out of it's civil war, but the people were still displaced. Aurelia stepped in years ago, backing the pro-West side, fighting their war, supplying them with weapons and materials, and training their troops, but this backfired on them, and now elements of the Nigerian Republican Army went rogue, fighting against the Aurelian Legions, and further destroying the country.

Camp #104 was on the outskirts of Lagos, a shiny, new city, compared to the rest of the country. It began to be referred to as "the Citadel", due to it's heavy security on it's borders. The Pax Aureliana maintained troops in the city and around it, with the NRA fighting the rebels in the country side. Life in the city went on as usual.

"Obsecro, unum capulus." Said a man dressed in a black suit, as he waited at the counter for his coffee. Latin was one of the official languages of all Pax Aureliana member states, followed by English, and then the local languages. He got his coffee quickly, as he looked at the grand TV screens placed on the buildings of the city. Suddenly, all of them began showing an emergency broadcast:

Citizens of Lagos, large numbers of rebel forces have been spotted 10 kilometers away from the Wall. All traffic outside the Wall will be stopped, and entry into the city will be denied! This is not a drill!

The people of Lagos were not moved, nor shocked by this broadcast. They have seen many like this in the last year, they know they are safe in the Citadel. Our business man, too, wasn't scared.

"Damned Africans." He mumbled as he began walking to his office, the local HQ of the Pax Aureliana, a tall building, built in a combination of ancient Roman architecture and modern architecture. It was among the tallest buildings in the city, standing at 241 meters tall, and served as the HQ of the Nigerian Armed Forces. At it's base was a grand plaza, built in the style of Ancient Greece, and in it's center there was a statue of Caesar. In front of the plaza were parked two cars, one bearing the Nigerian flag, and the other the Federation's flag.

"So the Federation finally begins to wake up." He thought as he entered the building. He took the lift to his office, which was on the 41st floor. He then sat down at his desk and began his work. On the 75th floor, the top floor, there was a meeting being held.

"Your Excellency, Marshall Wilson, to what do we owe the pleasure of such a visit?" Asked the Nigerian Prime Minister, a 1.75 meter tall man, of a brownish-white color, dressed in a suit and tie."

"I have been called here by the Aurelian Prime Minister." Replied Wilson. Soon inside the room entered a young woman, wearing a short red dress under her red and white suit.

"A delectatio est in occursum tibi." She said as she looked at Wilson.

"Likewise." He replied, as he sat down on a nearby chair.

"I have summoned you two here for one reason: Nigeria. I know the Federation, just like Aurelia, supported the Republican Army, and the founding of the current Republic, in our efforts against the Moscow-Beijing Axis. But now, with that conflict ended, elements of the Republican Army went rouge, and are assaulting the local population. It is only a matter of time before they may begin crossing the border, entering other nations. Not only will this look bad on us, but it will also raise many eyebrows to our presence in Africa. Aurelia has for long been an active player in African politics, providing aid and support to nations willing to show loyalty to the Empire. If news goes around that we, one of the world's biggest military power, cannot contain such a small threat, we may be ridiculed. And let's not forget that the Federation stations troops around the Citadel too." She began.

"I share your worries. The Federation's Army cannot be seen as useless in maintaining peace, or else we might just lose our allies to other, foreign powers. But I propose a solution to all of this African business." He said as he stopped talking.

"Well, mind sharing it with us?" She asked.

"You all know Ebrilond right?" He asked as he looked around. Everyone nodded. "They are an observer state of the African Union, but recently in Cape Verde the locals got scared because some people had Ebrilondian citizenship, if you can believe that. What I say, is that we should try to get Ebrilond to help in this situation. After all, they too are a pro-democracy nation. We can bomb the main rebel positions, and all of us can send regular patrols after the bombing runs, in case anybody survives." He finished.

"Sounds like a good idea." She said. "But I think we should just bomb the possible locations. No information of this can get out, seeing as we control the borders and the media inside the nation. We shouldn't drag a third party into this."

"Well then. I'll have a carrier strike group arrive in a few days and take care of this. Should I expect Aurelian support?" He asked as he stood up.

"Yes, we'll send some bombers from our bases in Algeria and Mali." And with that, their conversation had ended.

"He brought up Ebrilond?" A senator asked.

"Yes, he suggested we bring them in to take care of that problem."

"Ebrilond has for long been neutral towards us. From their rise in international politics to today, they tried not to anger us, and in exchange, we try not to anger them. And I think it should stay that way. We both may be Western, but we're totally two different worlds."

Ebrilond
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ebrilond » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 am

1991 April 05, Ebrilondian Economic HeadQuarters, Concerchio, Ebrilond

It was a rainy day in Ebrilond, many of the peoples have finished their work, they knew a big storm was about to hit the coastlines. That's why they didn't plant any crops, because of the mass downpour and storms, the soil was soaked so badly the plantations were flooded out and the crops couldn't survive because their roots were detached from the ground.

Ebrilond had strong ties with various South-American countries, surprisingly. However the provinces had full autonomy and could make decisions regarding their land, which was based on the convention of Jomooniee, in around 1967, so that they avoided being an Absolute Monarchy. Ebrilond knew it was time for one of the countries to put their skills on the level of Ebrilondian economy and finally become a superpower of the country itself.

They picked Brazil, it was a huge country, and the Brazilian-made vessels were ridicolously huge, enough to transport 10 steel rigs on them. Speaking of the steel, Ebrilond and Brazil were competing against eachother. The Steel Contract was hard to complete for both countries, whoever delivered the most steel to the Chinese port of Sanya, located on the Hainan Island, would win the contract. Ebrilond placed 700,000 tonnes on the "bet", while Brazil placed almost 3 million.

Brungels, was one of the biggest ports in the whole of Ebrilond. A few days ago, Ebrilond's infamous Star Fleet, had completed a really devestating job no other country would have picked. Norway wanted to improve their demolition equipment by purchasing gunpowder and and explosives from various countries. What Alfred Nobel had done, wasn't enough for them and Sweden.

The many countries who supported this didn't want to ship their dangerous accoutrements throught the East Siberian Sea. The area was full of icebergs and sealife they didn't want to bother.

The orders of the fleet were given out, and they were now refueling for their huge adventure. Cranes and People worked hard to finally load the steel into the ships and barges for the smaller switchers supporting Ebrilond. Despite the terrible rain, they managed to load them up and sheltered them for the night, to hide them away from any gangsters trying to steal and anchor them so that they won't get washed away by the brutal waves.
Needs a new signature.

Return to International Incidents