NATION

PASSWORD

As the Poppies Bloom (TWI ONLY | OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corindia
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Hey Menna, I asked about this earlier on the rmb a few weeks ago but not sure you saw it, what exactly is the AN up to these days? I was trying to set them up as more of ethnic guerilla front that tried to actually administer Iza majority areas, including a few western cities, instead of just a cartel, but that was at least a year ago so I'm not quite sure what their official stance is

Of the People, For the People

Wellsia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Wellsia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Thanks for reminding me. The 3rd Brigade are ‘volunteers’, technically they aren’t Wellsian troops.

Menna Shuli
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Menna Shuli » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Corindia wrote:Hey Menna, I asked about this earlier on the rmb a few weeks ago but not sure you saw it, what exactly is the AN up to these days? I was trying to set them up as more of ethnic guerilla front that tried to actually administer Iza majority areas, including a few western cities, instead of just a cartel, but that was at least a year ago so I'm not quite sure what their official stance is

I could have sworn I responded to that...

Yeah, I did. I essentially left it to you as the expert on them, and you kind of agreed with New Trotzka's plan for this RP (although he's been quiet, so I don't know where that stands).

Corindia
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Menna Shuli wrote:
Corindia wrote:Hey Menna, I asked about this earlier on the rmb a few weeks ago but not sure you saw it, what exactly is the AN up to these days? I was trying to set them up as more of ethnic guerilla front that tried to actually administer Iza majority areas, including a few western cities, instead of just a cartel, but that was at least a year ago so I'm not quite sure what their official stance is

Yeah, I did. I essentially left it to you as the expert on them, and you kind of agreed with New Trotzka's plan for this RP (although he's been quiet, so I don't know where that stands).

I think you responded to one and then i asked another question without tagging you because i forget the rmb isn't a groupchat.

But that's good!

Would you guys be open to me doing a few posts from their perspective, maybe from a Corindi perspective too if we say some advisors stayed with them or something? And where do they fit into the islands current government, some sort of limited autonomy agreement maybe? It could certainly devolve easily which is always great

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Menna Shuli wrote:

I should probably also figure out what what AN is up to since my plans do involve a landing in Agustin and a fight, at least based on what I know of AN right now. That is, ever since the Covish Raid in 2016, AN has mostly left the city and has relocated its command elsewhere, while a local leader remains in the still damaged palace mentioned throughout.
The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
Liberty, Justice, Democracy
Join The Western Isles and chart your own path!
"Interacting with Dormill and Stiura; violently." -Balnik, 2021
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Corindia
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:12 pm

Dormill and Stiura wrote:
Menna Shuli wrote:I could have sworn I responded to that...

I should probably also figure out what what AN is up to since my plans do involve a landing in Agustin and a fight, at least based on what I know of AN right now. That is, ever since the Covish Raid in 2016, AN has mostly left the city and has relocated its command elsewhere, while a local leader remains in the still damaged palace mentioned throughout.

I agree, Augustine was essentially the eastern point at which AN influence waned, although it certainly has a presence in the area. I think the Anlianas seemed to have the upper hand when we left off 1.5 years (wow, long time) ago, but it was in a highly turbulent state and could have reverted to essentially anyone in that time so feel free to take liberties

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Corindia wrote:
Dormill and Stiura wrote:I should probably also figure out what what AN is up to since my plans do involve a landing in Agustin and a fight, at least based on what I know of AN right now. That is, ever since the Covish Raid in 2016, AN has mostly left the city and has relocated its command elsewhere, while a local leader remains in the still damaged palace mentioned throughout.

I agree, Augustine was essentially the eastern point at which AN influence waned, although it certainly has a presence in the area. I think the Anlianas seemed to have the upper hand when we left off 1.5 years (wow, long time) ago, but it was in a highly turbulent state and could have reverted to essentially anyone in that time so feel free to take liberties

So long as I can recreate the Modern Warfare 2 Mission "Takedown" in some way or another (since I already have written stuff on the Battle of Agustin), then I'll be totally fine. So we'll agree that AN's core leadership is no longer based out of here but some of its members still occupy the city in some way?
Last edited by Dormill and Stiura on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Menna Shuli
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Menna Shuli » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:23 pm

AN was never based out of Agustin. The Anlianas are.

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Menna Shuli wrote:AN was never based out of Agustin. The Anlianas are.

Ok so AN is different from the Anlianas, who are still based in Agustin. And AN has its point of most easterly influence in or around the city.

Then what's the condition of the Anlianas?
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Wellsia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Wellsia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:33 pm

Menna Shuli, do you want a Wellsian half-company (105 men) backing up the Javierian Forces at Pueblo Ignacia.

Corindia
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Corindia wrote:I agree, Augustine was essentially the eastern point at which AN influence waned, although it certainly has a presence in the area. I think the Anlianas seemed to have the upper hand when we left off 1.5 years (wow, long time) ago, but it was in a highly turbulent state and could have reverted to essentially anyone in that time so feel free to take liberties

So long as I can recreate the Modern Warfare 2 Mission "Takedown" in some way or another (since I already have written stuff on the Battle of Agustin), then I'll be totally fine. So we'll agree that AN's core leadership is no longer based out of here but some of its members still occupy the city in some way?

Okay did some re-reading. Yes, assume the AN's leadership is located in Pachualla (the unnamed westernmost city). AN control (which is primarily a whole lot of jungle, farming villages, and nothin') was over the area in blue below, and presumably had agents in other Iza communities around the island

Corindia
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm

Menna Shuli wrote:AN was never based out of Agustin. The Anlianas are.

Then what's the condition of the Anlianas?

Their leader is in a country that is no longer canon and when we left them they were in a bit of a chaotic state, I think you could reasonably do whatever you want with them

Dothrakia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Dothrakia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:50 pm

Thuzbekistan wrote:Ultimately, we will be deploying the central fleet (It contains the aircraft carrier, 18 destroyers, and 30 Corvettes) as well as 2 divisions of marines (about 10,000 men plus assorted armour and what not) via our Ropucha class ships. As for deployment, we would be deploying as many as we could by sea, but air lifting in more troops afterwards.

Since we would be working together my forces could link u with yours. I have a smaller navy than yours but its well equipped. I have a carrier, 7 destroyers, 18 frigates and a handful of attack subs. I also have a battalion sized QRF ready to move at a moments notice, but they would lack heavy equipment for an actual fight. I couldn't send you the entire fleet but a fleet built around the carrier or Amphibious Assault ship and a couple destroyers with a 7-10 frigates would be doable. And over time I could send more troops and supplies over (albeit slowly) via cargo and transport planes.
If you are sending a carrier I could send an amphibious assault ship loaded with helicopters and support craft which would give us an extra regiment+ with some tanks and attack helicopter support for our ground troops.
Last edited by Dothrakia on Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Menna Shuli
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Menna Shuli » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:35 am

Wellsia, up to you if you want the half-company there. They'd be beaten, ultimately. The alternative is that your forces are in Constantina and are prevented from reaching Pueblo Ignacio in time because Sul sends a company to blow the roads before the battle.

Miklania, I still need to know when you intend to reach out to my command, especially if the idea is that your advisor encourages Sul to push forward his plan under Shala's nose.
Last edited by Menna Shuli on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Menna Shuli
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Menna Shuli » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:05 am

Did a real quick edit to toss the new village names on the map.

Also, quick link for the factbook: San Javier
Last edited by Menna Shuli on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:29 am

Dothrakia wrote:
Thuzbekistan wrote:Ultimately, we will be deploying the central fleet (It contains the aircraft carrier, 18 destroyers, and 30 Corvettes) as well as 2 divisions of marines (about 10,000 men plus assorted armour and what not) via our Ropucha class ships. As for deployment, we would be deploying as many as we could by sea, but air lifting in more troops afterwards.

Since we would be working together my forces could link u with yours. I have a smaller navy than yours but its well equipped. I have a carrier, 7 destroyers, 18 frigates and a handful of attack subs. I also have a battalion sized QRF ready to move at a moments notice, but they would lack heavy equipment for an actual fight. I couldn't send you the entire fleet but a fleet built around the carrier or Amphibious Assault ship and a couple destroyers with a 7-10 frigates would be doable. And over time I could send more troops and supplies over (albeit slowly) via cargo and transport planes.
If you are sending a carrier I could send an amphibious assault ship loaded with helicopters and support craft which would give us an extra regiment+ with some tanks and attack helicopter support for our ground troops.

The new plan does not involve ground troops unless the story changes later as that would begin war between dorm, mik, menna and us. Your naval forces can meet up with mine in the south sea and your forces can take part in the planned encounter that mik and I have ironed out. While ICLY we can plan to take troops, I think our show of force will have 2 effects: 1) show the msto and dorm that thrh are about to be challenged at every move. 2) begin new bilateral or trilateral alliances along the lines of "keeping the peace". This simple standoff will have major future implications.

Another thing I just thought about this is that the league just showed major impotence in this. It's doing nothing. It was merely a place where the ultimatum was issued. Nothing was solved there. So a new alliance could directly appeal to that.
Last edited by Thuzbekistan on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

Menna Shuli
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Menna Shuli » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:39 am

Thuzbekistan wrote:
Dothrakia wrote:

The new plan does not involve ground troops unless the story changes later as that would begin war between dorm, mik, menna and us. Your naval forces can meet up with mine in the south sea and your forces can take part in the planned encounter that mik and I have ironed out. While ICLY we can plan to take troops, I think our show of force will have 2 effects: 1) show the msto and dorm that thrh are about to be challenged at every move. 2) begin new bilateral or trilateral alliances along the lines of "keeping the peace". This simple standoff will have major future implications.

Another thing I just thought about this is that the league just showed major impotence in this. It's doing nothing. It was merely a place where the ultimatum was issued. Nothing was solved there. So a new alliance could directly appeal to that.

Do I get to witness the Anti-League I dreamed of as Atnaia? :P

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:54 am

Menna Shuli wrote:Do I get to witness the Anti-League I dreamed of as Atnaia? :P

I'd be mighty interested to see an anti-league form after this happens, with nations "defecting" from the old League to join the new one and causing a whole new Cold War.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Dothrakia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Dothrakia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:21 am

Thuzbekistan wrote:
Dothrakia wrote:

Ok. So I'll plan on sending a carrier battle group to link with your forces en route.

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:28 am

Dothrakia wrote:
Thuzbekistan wrote:The new plan does not involve ground troops unless the story changes later as that would begin war between dorm, mik, menna and us. Your naval forces can meet up with mine in the south sea and your forces can take part in the planned encounter that mik and I have ironed out. While ICLY we can plan to take troops, I think our show of force will have 2 effects: 1) show the msto and dorm that thrh are about to be challenged at every move. 2) begin new bilateral or trilateral alliances along the lines of "keeping the peace". This simple standoff will have major future implications.

Ok. So I'll plan on sending a carrier battle group to link with your forces en route.

Yup. I'll make a post in the ic describing where my fleet is and waiting to rendezvous when I can. After the encounter, our field will be in the diplomatic arena. I'm not in the league, so I cant argue until summoned. You would have to argue on my behalf or invite my delegate to speak. Read over the ooc to see how this will play out. This will make us an interesting alliance.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

Ostehaar
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ostehaar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:29 am

Do you want me to add stuff to the map?

Menna Shuli
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Menna Shuli » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 am

Ostehaar wrote:Do you want me to add stuff to the map?

I don't think there's anything to add other than the new town names, but I'll leave it to others if they think there's anything specific worth adding.

Miklania
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Miklania » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:35 am

Sorry, I'll be posting today, we'll have the first part of the force arriving by ship. Where would one meet Sul if he's in SJ?

On Government: Checks and balances and ways of stopping things from happening are the only things that provide a stable government and a stable society.

On Democracy: It is a very neutral thing. It can be the best way of ensuring a reasonable government, or it can lead to genocide in the name of 'the people'.

On NSG: I believe the technical term for you people is "malformed conscience".

On society: Until reason and science become cool again, the "enlightened" who profess both but practice neither will continue to gleefully chip away at the bedrock of human society.

Menna Shuli
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Menna Shuli » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:45 am

Miklania wrote:Sorry, I'll be posting today, we'll have the first part of the force arriving by ship. Where would one meet Sul if he's in SJ?

He's not in SJ yet. Command is still in Shuhakallu, directing things from long-distance. My plan was to get Sul to SJ ASAP. I could write a post of his arrival locally before you post, so you can contact him from the beachhead.

Miklania
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Miklania » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:15 am

Menna Shuli wrote:
Miklania wrote:Sorry, I'll be posting today, we'll have the first part of the force arriving by ship. Where would one meet Sul if he's in SJ?

He's not in SJ yet. Command is still in Shuhakallu, directing things from long-distance. My plan was to get Sul to SJ ASAP. I could write a post of his arrival locally before you post, so you can contact him from the beachhead.

Or Col. Gavin can fly in to Shuhakallu and meet there, work out a plan as they fly in together, only to encounter resistance from the Admiral, who's already there once they arrive. Neither Sul nor Gavin are in a position to boss him around, and since he's been on-scene getting things done, essentially presenting them with a fait accompli.

On Government: Checks and balances and ways of stopping things from happening are the only things that provide a stable government and a stable society.

On Democracy: It is a very neutral thing. It can be the best way of ensuring a reasonable government, or it can lead to genocide in the name of 'the people'.

On NSG: I believe the technical term for you people is "malformed conscience".

On society: Until reason and science become cool again, the "enlightened" who profess both but practice neither will continue to gleefully chip away at the bedrock of human society.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents