NATION

PASSWORD

As the Poppies Bloom (TWI ONLY | OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Menna Shuli
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 461
Founded: Feb 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Menna Shuli » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:21 pm

Miklania wrote:A handsome face for an ugly business. And "

It abruptly stops there then goes on to another line.

Ha. Oops. Was adding a line and got distracted by work.

User avatar
Dormill and Stiura
Diplomat
 
Posts: 907
Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:50 am

So I have a pretty simple question. How soon will the international community know the results of the Battle of Del Rosario Delta? Is there going to be a press conference on the aftermath?
The Fourth Doraltic Republic
Freedom, Unity, Democracy

User avatar
Thuzbekistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2177
Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thuzbekistan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:08 am

Dormill and Stiura wrote:So I have a pretty simple question. How soon will the international community know the results of the Battle of Del Rosario Delta? Is there going to be a press conference on the aftermath?

Same. I'm kinda in pause until then
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

User avatar
Menna Shuli
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 461
Founded: Feb 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Menna Shuli » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:29 am

There's a press conference, yeah. I'll try to write a news post today.

User avatar
Thuzbekistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2177
Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thuzbekistan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:38 am

Menna Shuli wrote:There's a press conference, yeah. I'll try to write a news post today.

Ty m8
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

User avatar
Menna Shuli
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 461
Founded: Feb 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Menna Shuli » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:26 am

Popped a quick one out. Didn't want to rehash all the details, so its a bit short.

User avatar
Menna Shuli
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 461
Founded: Feb 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Menna Shuli » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:07 pm

I have some really neat ideas for obstacles to the Pueblo Ignacio attack. Simply travelling up the river is gonna be shit, but I bet a little village with an old colonial Spanish church has its ways of surviving.

User avatar
Thuzbekistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2177
Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thuzbekistan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Tomorrow, I'll be writing a news post. Then the fleets will be dispatched.

I wonder how Mik will respond if I get 2 or 3 nations to deploy forces
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

User avatar
Miklania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1438
Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Miklania » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Pants will be changed, "gosh fecking darnit"s will be uttered, and the fleet will be sent underway.

On Government: Checks and balances and ways of stopping things from happening are the only things that provide a stable government and a stable society.

On Democracy: It is a very neutral thing. It can be the best way of ensuring a reasonable government, or it can lead to genocide in the name of 'the people'.

On NSG: I believe the technical term for you people is "malformed conscience".

On society: Until reason and science become cool again, the "enlightened" who profess both but practice neither will continue to gleefully chip away at the bedrock of human society.

User avatar
Dothrakia
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dothrakia » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:16 pm

Dormill and Stiura wrote:Alright, I'm free from work and am going to put up a few posts to establish what is going to happen. I'll also draft up a dispatch on my most important characters in the year to come (with plans for more detailed dispatches later) which I will reference for this RP.

So, Dormill and Stiura is going to be in a weird position. Here's why:

President Dyson knows all too well that if this war drags out, the loss of both Javerian and Mennan oil will spell disaster for Dormill and Stiura's economy in the short term. And short term losses is unacceptable given that it is an election year, every bad thing will be painted as a failure on the administration even if minimal, inconsequential, or quickly resolved. His plans will be to meet with Almorean and Totzkan leaders to hammer out a "stopgap" agreement where Dormill and Stiura gets privileged access to Almorean-Totzkan Oil in exchange for closer diplomatic ties with suggestions of some light military alliance (as Almorea put it when we discussed it "the springboard for closer ties to counteract MSTO influence").

At the same time as that, ending this war between Menna and San Javier is of an utmost priority so there's going to be an aim of assembling a Gaeltic task force (or building one from those already involved) to better coordinate the war effort. This will be justified at home by the argument that a quicker conflict will still achieve its goals while limiting the economic impacts and that Dormill and Stiura is continuing to stand up for the rule of law, even if that law is considered by most to be enforced by a government entirely antithetical to Dormill and Stiura.

In all, Dormill and Stiura will send the 1st Coastal Assault Squadron in its entirety alongside the 17th Airborne Regiment to be involved in this conflict. Now I also discussed this with Ainslie a few days back and I was wondering what would happen if Vancouvia was to deny access to my ships via the ID (considering that he basically controls the ID's government), which would force my navy to take the long way around Gael? Otherwise, the Navy will take about half a week to sail to position, the 17th will take about a day or two. This will happen after about 2 days of preparation by the MoD to get the logistical situation sorted out and to communicate with whoever else is involved alongside the Mennans (and of course the Mennans themselves).

Finally, as an OOC thing, due to my work schedule I won't be able to really post during the weekends and only on Mondays and Tusedays, if there are any military actions that would or should involve Dormill-Stiuraian forces I would like (and grant permission to) for any relevant posters to mention them and their part in the conflict. Just be sure to contact me if something drastic happens in the course of this that would require my attention or approval.


Also if your navy was forced to take the long way around you'd have to go right past Thur (and me close by) and depending how hot this war was getting there would be potential for an ambush there

User avatar
Thuzbekistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2177
Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thuzbekistan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:37 pm

Dothrakia wrote:
Dormill and Stiura wrote:Alright, I'm free from work and am going to put up a few posts to establish what is going to happen. I'll also draft up a dispatch on my most important characters in the year to come (with plans for more detailed dispatches later) which I will reference for this RP.

So, Dormill and Stiura is going to be in a weird position. Here's why:

President Dyson knows all too well that if this war drags out, the loss of both Javerian and Mennan oil will spell disaster for Dormill and Stiura's economy in the short term. And short term losses is unacceptable given that it is an election year, every bad thing will be painted as a failure on the administration even if minimal, inconsequential, or quickly resolved. His plans will be to meet with Almorean and Totzkan leaders to hammer out a "stopgap" agreement where Dormill and Stiura gets privileged access to Almorean-Totzkan Oil in exchange for closer diplomatic ties with suggestions of some light military alliance (as Almorea put it when we discussed it "the springboard for closer ties to counteract MSTO influence").

At the same time as that, ending this war between Menna and San Javier is of an utmost priority so there's going to be an aim of assembling a Gaeltic task force (or building one from those already involved) to better coordinate the war effort. This will be justified at home by the argument that a quicker conflict will still achieve its goals while limiting the economic impacts and that Dormill and Stiura is continuing to stand up for the rule of law, even if that law is considered by most to be enforced by a government entirely antithetical to Dormill and Stiura.

In all, Dormill and Stiura will send the 1st Coastal Assault Squadron in its entirety alongside the 17th Airborne Regiment to be involved in this conflict. Now I also discussed this with Ainslie a few days back and I was wondering what would happen if Vancouvia was to deny access to my ships via the ID (considering that he basically controls the ID's government), which would force my navy to take the long way around Gael? Otherwise, the Navy will take about half a week to sail to position, the 17th will take about a day or two. This will happen after about 2 days of preparation by the MoD to get the logistical situation sorted out and to communicate with whoever else is involved alongside the Mennans (and of course the Mennans themselves).

Finally, as an OOC thing, due to my work schedule I won't be able to really post during the weekends and only on Mondays and Tusedays, if there are any military actions that would or should involve Dormill-Stiuraian forces I would like (and grant permission to) for any relevant posters to mention them and their part in the conflict. Just be sure to contact me if something drastic happens in the course of this that would require my attention or approval.


Also if your navy was forced to take the long way around you'd have to go right past Thur (and me close by) and depending how hot this war was getting there would be potential for an ambush there

Probably not in the cards. No one is going to WANT to attack each other. Too much to lose, too little to gain. It's basically gonna be a larger version of what Menna did to SJ- All bravado until someone calls the bluff.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

User avatar
Thuzbekistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2177
Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thuzbekistan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:40 pm

neg, good. I like. I'll mention the leftists thinking about joining up with you as well, though they will be banking mostly on the AMI contacts.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

User avatar
Negarakita
Diplomat
 
Posts: 808
Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Negarakita » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:42 pm

Thuzbekistan wrote:neg, good. I like. I'll mention the leftists thinking about joining up with you as well, though they will be banking mostly on the AMI contacts.

I reckon it would make sense for them to get in contact at least, probably via "the university" which is whatever university makes most sense to have hardcore college lefties. AMI as well, if they come to us. We can use satellite phones once we have that link.
The one and only Apolitical, Centrist, (Literary) Romanticist, Russophile Kiwi living in Switzerland with an interest in mysticism and history. I fit the INFP stereotype far too well.

User avatar
Dothrakia
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dothrakia » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:57 pm

Probably not in the cards. No one is going to WANT to attack each other. Too much to lose, too little to gain. It's basically gonna be a larger version of what Menna did to SJ- All bravado until someone calls the bluff.[/quote]
What I figured but I think someone mentioned this leading to IW3 at some point and it got my head spinning.

User avatar
Thuzbekistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2177
Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thuzbekistan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:00 am

Negarakita wrote:
Thuzbekistan wrote:neg, good. I like. I'll mention the leftists thinking about joining up with you as well, though they will be banking mostly on the AMI contacts.

I reckon it would make sense for them to get in contact at least, probably via "the university" which is whatever university makes most sense to have hardcore college lefties. AMI as well, if they come to us. We can use satellite phones once we have that link.

Alright, I'll include that in my post. What is the acronym and it looks like you're a catholic militia. Would they have been at Santa Ana? Would they have committed crimes against humanity? Or are these a newer group?

Dothrakia wrote:Probably not in the cards. No one is going to WANT to attack each other. Too much to lose, too little to gain. It's basically gonna be a larger version of what Menna did to SJ- All bravado until someone calls the bluff.
What I figured but I think someone mentioned this leading to IW3 at some point and it got my head spinning.


A development that would be most unfortunate.
Last edited by Thuzbekistan on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

User avatar
Dothrakia
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dothrakia » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:15 am

Also might be a good idea to update the OP list of Participants since we only have the original 3-4 listed

User avatar
Negarakita
Diplomat
 
Posts: 808
Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Negarakita » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:35 am

Thuzbekistan wrote:
Negarakita wrote:I reckon it would make sense for them to get in contact at least, probably via "the university" which is whatever university makes most sense to have hardcore college lefties. AMI as well, if they come to us. We can use satellite phones once we have that link.

Alright, I'll include that in my post. What is the acronym and it looks like you're a catholic militia. Would they have been at Santa Ana? Would they have committed crimes against humanity? Or are these a newer group?

Dothrakia wrote:Probably not in the cards. No one is going to WANT to attack each other. Too much to lose, too little to gain. It's basically gonna be a larger version of what Menna did to SJ- All bravado until someone calls the bluff.

What I figured but I think someone mentioned this leading to IW3 at some point and it got my head spinning.


A development that would be most unfortunate.[/quote]
They are Liberation Theology yeah. Acronym is ANLF, Andradista National Liberation Front. They were at Santa Ana, but probably are on the more humane side of things when it comes to massacres and stuff.
The one and only Apolitical, Centrist, (Literary) Romanticist, Russophile Kiwi living in Switzerland with an interest in mysticism and history. I fit the INFP stereotype far too well.

User avatar
Thuzbekistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2177
Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thuzbekistan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:40 am

Negarakita wrote:
Thuzbekistan wrote:Alright, I'll include that in my post. What is the acronym and it looks like you're a catholic militia. Would they have been at Santa Ana? Would they have committed crimes against humanity? Or are these a newer group?


What I figured but I think someone mentioned this leading to IW3 at some point and it got my head spinning.

A development that would be most unfortunate.

They are Liberation Theology yeah. Acronym is ANLF, Andradista National Liberation Front. They were at Santa Ana, but probably are on the more humane side of things when it comes to massacres and stuff.

Ok, my guys (Leandro and Manolo) are both Santa Ana Vets. Leandro was definitely a "throw bodies at their tanks" kinda guy, but Manolo was not. They'll be putting out feelers now that this has happened.
Last edited by Thuzbekistan on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

User avatar
Dormill and Stiura
Diplomat
 
Posts: 907
Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:49 am

Dothrakia wrote:Also if your navy was forced to take the long way around you'd have to go right past Thur (and me close by) and depending how hot this war was getting there would be potential for an ambush there


Yeah that there is entirely off the cards from an OOC perspective. There is no good reason for the Dothraki Navy to attack the United Republics Navy unless you’re itching for a war with nearly all of the East, and I am not interested in redirecting my entire energy in this RP to fight you.
The Fourth Doraltic Republic
Freedom, Unity, Democracy

User avatar
Balnik
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 164
Founded: Mar 10, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Balnik » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:09 pm

It would be pretty lame if IW3 started off from a shitty conflict in the South that literally has no value other than some honor and some drug cartels.
Literal Nationalist

Oilworker & Albertan Proud

User avatar
Thuzbekistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2177
Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thuzbekistan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Balnik wrote:It would be pretty lame if IW3 started off from a shitty conflict in the South that literally has no value other than some honor and some drug cartels.

Kinda how ww1 started tho
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

User avatar
Balnik
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 164
Founded: Mar 10, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Balnik » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:12 pm

Thuzbekistan wrote:
Balnik wrote:It would be pretty lame if IW3 started off from a shitty conflict in the South that literally has no value other than some honor and some drug cartels.

Kinda how ww1 started tho

Yeah, and it was pretty lame at that.
Literal Nationalist

Oilworker & Albertan Proud

User avatar
Wellsia
Envoy
 
Posts: 207
Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wellsia » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:53 pm

Menna Shuli how are you wanting the Battle of Pueblo Ignacio to go? Victory, defeat or tie? I was thinking of having a company of 250 men moved there to backup the locals.

User avatar
Thuzbekistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2177
Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thuzbekistan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:10 pm

It just occured to me that my communists dont have a name. They will be called the Centrist People's Front.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

User avatar
Negarakita
Diplomat
 
Posts: 808
Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Negarakita » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:57 pm

Thuzbekistan wrote:It just occured to me that my communists dont have a name. They will be called the Centrist People's Front.

Cultural appropriation. You might as well just use either the popular revolution or the other one cos they were the relevant ones historically
The one and only Apolitical, Centrist, (Literary) Romanticist, Russophile Kiwi living in Switzerland with an interest in mysticism and history. I fit the INFP stereotype far too well.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Atzum, Mercatus, Morrokko, The Shrailleeni Empire, Warhaven

Advertisement

Remove ads