NATION

PASSWORD

Time for A Shake up [Closed. ATTN AO]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Time for A Shake up [Closed. ATTN AO]

Postby New West Guiana » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:42 pm

This RP is closed to anyone who is not a member of the region Alantian Oceania or a regular RPers of NS Sports to who has showed intrest in joining. All other un-authorized posts will not be welcomed.

It twas the best of times, it twas the worst of times....no it's was only the worst of times, what the war that we are about to witness will show to everyone that beyond the surface West Guiana was not all peaceful and united as President De'Cader and his government lead everyone to believe. That all in reality the longstanding ethnic tensions that had been present since the founding of the country has been simmering and with the declaration of Alluersia, everything will start to boil over.

Current Enthic make-up of West Guiana
This map will be useful latter on when the war really starts going.
[*]1 Calaian
[*]2 Beshki
[*]3 Ancestors of The Lowland Clans
[*]4 Nemya People
[*]5 Guianan
[*]6 Legalite & Alluersian

For those of AO and others, though I do rp in a MT role I am more than accommodating to allow those who rp with elves, ponies and ect.. However though let us keep this real, I know that a few have in the past in the regional forum have argued as to why they can't use their NS population and other statistics. Any OOC that you have let's place that in a marked spoiler so we don't clog up this post. For those who will be rping mostly because of the World cup qualifying, you are more tha welcome to copy/paste to what you have already written, no need to a rp brain drain.

Latter on I will ad more in the post below, but for now i'll keep it as a RP place holder.
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:43 pm

<Other RP information place holder>
Domestic sports leagues

Nellietopia
Attaché

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nellietopia » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:39 pm

A nellie is not some crude arachnid that only thinks with its gut. It is a vastly intelligent creature with eight agile limbs, an unusually advanced cephalothorax, and a penchant for silk. And the mightiest of these nellies are the purple-stinging nellies, so renowned for their eusociality, and their ability moreover to peel information from other creatures. There was a time when Nellietopia was the cauldron of strange biological entities, some benevolent and some just plain weird. But these creatures are more kith than beast, even though they appeared as common creatures. Some of their speech remains unintelligible to the anthropes - those bipedal humanoids that seemingly dominate the geopolitical conversations around the world. In contrast, nellies and their lot were a sort that would easily be overlooked. In order to be acknowledged, they often resorted to outlandish ordeals, some would say even comical endeavours - like invading Sorthern Northland (after it was nuked in similarly outlandish fashion...).

But many years had passed, and the belligerent population of nellies and other creatures resumed their "traditional" roles as mere animals. AFLAC, as an organization, was a legacy, outdated and unreliable. Nellietopolis, despite the intent to "clean up" their image as a city bound by red tape (actually, it's all purple silk...), remains an isolated city of nellies, with tourists only coming by accident and certainly looking for a way out. But the animals of Nellietopia are also keen observers of the international order, simply by their nature. Migratory birds are among the first to catch wind of discontent abroad, and they usually carry the news with them. At first, it was the swillowing swallows. Then, the murmurs of sterling starlings came around as well. Soon enough, birds from more than just Atlantian Oceania were talking, and the news came to the Bovine Geese - who sent their Raving Ravens to verify the news.

"It appears that the rumors have some basis in fact." The Conclave had assembled. Usually, these meetings were reserved for matters of grave importance, and usually, they did not extend beyond the shores of Nellietopia. But the restless atmosphere around the island suggested that this may not be an event that could be ignored - as had been done on countless occasions before. "This may bellow into a crisis worse than the biggest can of RAID."

The mere mention of RAID sent shudders down the proverbial backs of every conclave member present. The birds, unaware of the connotations of RAID, amused themselves with the thoughts of what that meant. "Flocks are exhausting themselves avoiding the region south of Starblaydia. For those coming from Audioslavia, this means thousands of miles going around the region, running into mountains, turbulent winds, stretches of open sea that were not traveled before, hostile settlements, and the occasional airline route that devours whole groups of migrants. This could be a catastrophe, just for disrupting the current migration routes."

"What exactly is the problem?"

"Tension." Wearied by years of dutiful service, the Duck hobbled in, a pipe stuck in its beak, billowing smoke from within. His waddle was so disjointed that he wobbled into the center of the Conclave arena. He gazed around the crowd of nellies, each focusing at least one eye upon him. Many of them had not seen the years of conflict that the Duck had seen, so it was understandable how much he dismissed their naivete. As intelligent as these nellies were, they clearly lacked experience. "For years, humans pride themselves on building great countries, but the reality is that most of them have the discipline or perseverance to keep that country running for more than seven months. The ensuing chaos that follows results of millions of deaths, and those people get assimilated into another country, only to be assimilated somewhere. It's a sick game, one might imagine, to create a country and then abandon with wanton disregard for the consequences. It's like these people are prepubescent kids with wandering attentions..."

"Duck. Get to the point."

"Right." Duck murmured to himself. For his years of experience, his age left him at the whims of rambling dementia at times. He nearly forgot what he was talking about. "Right. The birds. They speak of a conflict. A new one. One that had been simmering under radar for generations. It's almost as if it never existed but always existed at the same time - like one of those zen puzzles. Some place south of Starblaydia."

"Legalese? That place is hard to understand..."

"No! Farther south... I'm sure you've heard about the foundation of Allyoursland by now. That new country that separated from... New Guinea - I think the guinea pigs will know about that one, if they were here..."

One of the nellies spoke out - "Are you talking about Alluersia?"

"... but you know, I can never understand why those rodents make such a big deal of things. You said Allursinia? Hmm... I didn't think they were bears..."

"ALL-UER-SEE-AH!"

"Yeah, I can see you too." The Duck seemed completely oblivious to the conclave member's attempt to fix his understanding (or his pronunciation). "Anyway, this seems to be a bunch of malarky. The people of New Guinea are ethnically heterogeneous, so there's no reason for alarm, other than a bunch of random people wanting to start up a fight. Which actually doesn't sound like a bad idea..."

"Unfortunately for my esteemed colleague, I beg to differ." The crowd now shifted its attention to the new figure - another feathered friend, and like the Duck, one of a kind. "I am Auk, the Great. And I come with premonitions of a world on fire."

The Duck tried to dismiss the new visitor. "We don't need your sorcery or vomit, so scat."

"I think you underestimate the challenges that the West Guinea conflict could potentially have for the whole region. We're not just talking about migratory birds - billions of lives could be thrown into the quagmire. The region has seen numerous countries, as my dear Duck so eloquently stated. But heterogeneity has led to this problem in the first place. The peoples have experienced different lives, depending upon who is in charge. Alluersians and their neighboring Legalites have reason to be upset with the ruling Guianan government. You also have the Lowland Clans, another diverse group, that has a historical claim to the whole region. The whole of Calania could be thrown into a fight to defend the legacy peoples of West Guinea. And then, other countries could be thrown in to defend their allies - however fraught they may be. And even though the Guinanan government has reluctantly given into the demands of the new government Alluersia, there are those who would object to their ruling leaders to concede so much so quickly without even a fight. This could be the biggest conflict since the days of AORDO."

"What's a ordo?"

"Atlantian Oceania Regional Defense Organization - I think." Auk pensively thought about the acronym. "It's almost ancient history now. But those were days of intense conflict. Wars were waged for infantile reasons, lands claimed and disclaimed, soldiers sent to fight for frivolous reasons. Centuries of war - one may imagine. But such was the carnage that the ensuing peace has endured for so long. Peoples have remembered the bloodlust of those days, that many countries lack the resolve to wage war on such a terrible scale. But simply because one avoids the conflict does not mean that the bloodlust is completely lost, and one may argue that the region is overdue for a 'cleansing'."

The word was uttered with such authority and menace that a shudder fell upon the Conclave, echoing memories of that other horrible word. "Please explain what you mean by 'cleansing'."

Auk stepped in the place of Duck, who had by then retreated to the periphery, watching his new nemesis wordsmith his way into the minds of the nellies. As an old warduck, he was wary of peacekeepers - and this Auk seemed more a peacekeeper than a soldier. Auk faced the whole crowd of nellies, turning his neck in near 360 motion, scanning the mood of the members carefully. "Every once in a while, a great conflict is unleashed upon the world. Many reasons go into this, but the primary is bad blood. Like any bloodletting, this is an inevitable turn in political discourse, and one may argue a necessary evil. Struggle is always evident, and humans seem - not only to thrive amid the conflict - but thrive upon it. Indeed, there are whole industries devoted to profiting from this enterprise, sowing discord in other parts of the NSverse, just to sell them the wares of war. One can argue that this conflict is no different, but the scale has the potential to become all-consuming."

"Are you just shooting random political phrases to wow the crowd?" Duck interjected, scoffing the speech's highlights.

"No. I am here to represent the facts, and the fact is that if this conflict proceeds, there is a substantial chance that Nellietopia will become involved, directly or not, whether by our design or theirs. We can't avoid or ignore the impending conflict - it's a matter of when it happens. And before the nellies and the old alliance of animals become casualties in a war between humans and their stupid struggles, we can shape our destiny for that inevitable outcome now."

"Curious." A single word echoed throughout the hall, carried miles through the thin, supple strands of silk. Its pedipalps brushed its mandibles making the noises that carried the word to all. Even the Duck and the Auk were awed in its resonance - they all looked to the one who spoke the word. It was a giant nellie - the oldest and only one to rival the Duck in his knowledge and experience - one may say the queen (if gender were a part of this). It stepped forward from the shadows of the Conclave, a wave of nellies rushing away from its path. "Curious," it spoke once more, with more hollow resonance, less sinister and more precocious. "What would you have us do, Auk the Great?"

The nellies looked to Auk once more. A hushed sense of anticipation swept through the hall. Auk cleared his throat, eager to share his opinion on the best course of action...
HAHA! NOTHING IN HERE! yet...

AOCAF
P-45,47
R16-29,30,42,43,
R8-34,35,44,46,49
4th-
3rd-
2nd-
1st-
DBC
P-
R16-
R8-40
4th-
3rd-
2nd-
1st-
NSWC
P-50
Q-
R16-
R8-
4th-
3rd-
2nd-
1st-

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:29 am

*Background noise, the ticking of a clock, and hushed whispering*

President Louis De'Cader has now been in power as the head of state of West Guiana since a military coup de'ta in early 2012, his transition was quite easy he had no major enemies besides that of the coup'd president Jackson. The coup for the most part was popular among the citizens and even the National Congress, who felt that Jackson had over stayed his welcome, but were not in the position to impeach him. It has been nearly ten years since the coup and for the most the country has seen no external conflict, but despite appearing to be united internally the lie couldn't be further from the truth. De'Cader has presided over the country with an even hand, but those who have been less ethically assimilated to the rest of the country have always shown their teeth when needed.

One of the more fierce minorities in the nation have always been the Legalites that reside in the north along the Legalese boarder, they have waged war against the country during the 1980-83 war, they sought to be a free nation of their own and hoped to be adsorbed by their ancestral homeland. Neither occurred, matter of fact while they were called the Republic of Southern Legalese, the Government of Legalese has never recognized their claims and have ignored the claims. No less than a year ago they changed their name to Alluersia along with their regional capital which formerly was called Legalese City(the same name of the nation of Legalese) to Je'Kara. A move that was recognized for the most part by many and applauded, however others like De'Cader saw the move as much else, a move towards separation. Not only that move hinted towards the Alluerisan getting ready for something else, in that same year they started to issue their own currency(angering many) and started to build up their own security force.

All these moves by the autonomous region of Alluersia was duly noted, however De'Cader was urged not to take swift action and move in the military to restore order, which he has many times in the past done. Talks of greater autonomy were discussed, and the Department of State and Defense Department granted the Alluersian government the right to have a security force under the stipulation that all members may not carry automated rifles, and no guns larger than 45 mm. Armored personal carriers with no gun attachments were also granted. De'Cader though has remained suspicious and has since increased the number of infantry to Ft. Pillywith located near Alluerisa or with in 200 miles of Je'Kara.

Looking out the window, with his arms folded behind his back, he gazes out over the bustling modern city of Gemsbrook, the capital of West Guiana. Without turning he sharply asks a simple question, "Tell me General Markus, does your team know whether or not Haggord or his bastard nephew are planning anything beyond that soccer team. Knowing Adam he is planning much more, or he has regulated many of those roles to Mr. Wilkerson."

General Markus cleared his throat before replying in with his thunderous voice, "We have yet to establish a direct connection between Mr. Wilkerson and Mr. Allerson, we know they have ties but aren't sure..." His voice trails off.

Turning around, De'Cader carefully sits at his desk and looks around the room with all of his cabinet seated in a semi-circle around the desk, tapping a finger on the desk he sighs, "General,....." Rubbing the palm of his hand against his face, "Don't waste my time, we all know that Allerson and Wilkerson have a past with one another, don't tell me today that this Alluersian team is not connected back to Wilkerson in some way. Secretory Salmon, surly your department must know something."

Secretory Salmon a petite older woman made history when De'Cader appointed her as the first woman to head the Department of Defense, shuffling through a few papers she made a quick glance before speaking, "Mr. President, as far as the NIA has discovered Mr. Wilkerson has shown no further aggressive actions against this country besides urging for a independent Alluersian state. My team and I have submitted a report to your office a few hours ago detailing plans should they move for a independence movement."

"I'm sorry Secretory I have not received that report yet, however I simply can't trust that this soccer team is the end of the discussion."

"Mr. President." Another voice spoke up, it was coming from Shelly Darls the Commerce Secretory, "should they declare their independence my department has plans that we can put into place with in hours that will cripple their economy. Considering that fifty percent of their economy is manufacturing, government manufacturing we will close these plants and move these processes to other factories in the country."

"Yes, however the plants in Hanover are the only ones designed to manufacture the electronics that are needed in our missile and aircraft's." Secretory Salmon interjected.

Darls pressed on and refuted, "AirMaster has five factories that produce the exact same parts and the National Labor Party in congress who have for years argued government waste might be willing to support closing these factories, saving the government roughly sixty-two million dollars a year."

De'Cader nodded his head slightly, "Though I have been against using government contractors to produce the parts for our military, I will consider your plan should Haggord and the Alluersians take further action, though over time I have less favored military action. But i want everyone in this room to understand, that should they seek external assistance, we will mobilize."
Last edited by New West Guiana on Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Domestic sports leagues

Alluersia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alluersia » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:22 pm

*ticking of a clock in the background*

President Adam Haggard, a old man of nearly eighty-seven sat before a room full of his staff and cabinet ministers in a grand hall in Je'Kara, the capital city of Alluersia. Before he spoke he flipped through the papers he had in his hand once more before clearing his glasses. Clearing his throat, "Ladies... gentlemen..before you today are the papers that I shall sign that at long last will declare to the region and the world that the semi-autonomous state of Alluersia shall henceforth be it's own independent and sovereign state free of any and all contort of West Guiana. I know we have tired this once before, as the republic of Southern Legalese, but this time shall be different, this time we will force the brutes hand and show the world of how ill they have treated our people."

His ministers give a tense clap before allowing the old president time to gather the pens.

Holding a pen in the air, "With this pen I shall declare that the REPUBLIC! Of Alluersia to be a free and independent nation of it's own and this time we'll be ready when De'Cader sends in the troops, because we will be united as one, not as many.

When in due course of human events it becomes necessary for one people of a different ethnic background to separate from the country to whom many were born of and loyal to, to a extent. We the people of the [nation=short]New West Guiana[/nation]n autonomous state of Alluersia have found that in recent years that the policies of the Guianan President, Louis De'Cader and the National Congress have in fact become hostile towards the people and government of Alluersia.

We are well aware of the events of the 1980-83 war and the peace treaty that ended the conflict and reduced the previously limited powers of the Alluersian government. However we must remind the Guianan government of Section ten of the said treaty which stated that either party may re-adopt the treaty with further adaptations with-in thirty years of it's signing.

In 2012 the government of Alluersia re-aopted the 1983 Treaty with the amendments stating that if no objections from the Guianan government with in ten years of our re-adoption, that the Alluerisan government may declare itself a independent sovereign state. It has now been eleven years of the re-adaptation with no further objections by the Guianan government.

It is thus so that with super majority approval of the Alluerisan government and the citizens of Alluersia, that we shall mark the date, February 2, 2023 as the date in which Alluerisa shall begin the partitioning of our autonomous state into a fully fledged fully sovereign independent state.

With this, we ask for the government of [nation=short]New West Guiana[/nation] to recognize us as our own independent state, along with the various nations of the Atlantian Oceania.

Alluersia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Alluersia » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:23 pm

In the days since the announcement from President Haggord of the countries official declaration of independence, the streets of every Alluerisan town and city has seen many joyous celebrations. Though people have returned to work the jubilation has contiued though subsided for those in the government and who live along the boarder with West Guiana. In the past when the government has made such declarations or moved towards greater autonomy Premier DeCader would send in the military to restore order.

The nervousness felt by the majority Legalite and Alluersian population was also felt more intensely by the minority Guianan population who was targeted often by violent attacks by Alluersian separatists, in the previous attempts by Haggards government to move towards independence this population had been targeted with terror attacks killing many. One such Guianan who lives in Hanover the industrial heart of Alluerisa has started to take action in more ways than one.

In the distance loudspeakers blare the anthem of Alluerisa while people cheer and celebrate, but not in this small bar located near downtown Hanover, a smallish group of men and women have gathered, a small woman with dark hair and thick glasses speaks first. "This may not end well for us again, every time this happens DeCader sends in the troops and the separatists attack our homes and our businesses and our people die. The policies that Haggard has put in place over the years leaves us vunerable and singled out..."

She was interrupted when a large muscular man blurted out, "No shit, and what does him and his government tell us, to get the fuck out!"

The gathering clapping and cheered a bit, before dying down to let the woman speak. Nodding her head, "Yess...they tell us that we are the invaders and that we need to leave, not them. The legalites falsely believe that their ancestors once laid claim to the land that is now West Guiana, but that was never the case. Their ancestors were nomads who left Legalese for this land after the Lowland Clans disbanded and many left. We recognize that the clans claims, but they have long preferred the warm climate along the Caliana Sound."

A young man sporting a Anti-De Cader shirt shyly spoke up, "However De'Cader hasn't helped us out much either, he has declared that anyone who was born or has lived in Alluersia to be terrorists and aren't welcome in the rest of the country."

The large muscular man spoke again but softer, "He is the one who created the problems we are dealing with all over the country. Before he showed up the nation was at peace with its self and now every day we encounter more and more tensions, ethically speaking."

The woman nodded, "Indeed, De'Cader tore apart the peace we all had, I have friends in Zomni City who have grown tired of being treated as props for De'Cader while he does nothing in return. This country is slowly being torn apart at the seems and he doesn't even know it. Which is why Myself and others are planning for his own downfall."

"How?"

"You will see in due time."

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:04 pm

It has been a few days since De'Cader had made the governments formal rejection of the Alluersian announcement, now with the shocking, yet expected news that the Alluerisans have not only bought, but have received heavy weaponry he stand before his Security Team with the uncertainty of the future.

Tapping the cherry wood table De'Cader hovers over paperwork detailing the recent purchase that the Alluersian government has made, "So.." Sitting down while lighting a cigar, "General Markus...this...this" pointing at the paperwork. "This changes everything, I have kept my word for Secretory Salmon that I would not rush to send in the troops, to take a more diplomatic take. Now with this discovery I can not take this stance still, I must do something. We have set up regular raod blocks and check points and regulate our boarder with them like a standard international boarder. But I have sent a wire to Haggord that I am not done."

The General sat up in the plush office hair, "Sir, we have had our satellites scanning the area every day and we have not seen them mobilze anything. However because any conflict with the doesn't start with regular troops, its always with rebel forces. And, we have seen some movement in that sphere."

Shaking his head De'cader raises his voice, "General! Damn it. Haggord has been taunting me on a daily basis of how I haven't responded to his declaration. Obviously I wish not to have a war, but the fact they have now taken the steps to organize a proper military can not be ignored." Turning to a younger gentleman with a shiny shaved head, "Admiral Johnson, surly the navy has a better handle on the situation."

Admiral taking a quick glance to Markus who is shaking his head sideways, "Sir, our jets have done several reconnaissance missions over Alluerisa and have noted the same that General Markus has said. We haven't noticed any foreign naval ships attempt to enter our waters, we are weary of Starblaydia and have taken note of their routes and what not."

De'Cader sighing sensing that his Security team was not going to allow him to mobilize, "Okay, I admit defeat when I must. I am weary of further provocation that Haggord will cause us. However, because I want to avoid conflict for as long as Haggord will allow, I want to pull the 156th, 170th infantry divisions and the 8th tank division out of Ft. Pillywith."

His security teams' mouths dropped in response to his commands, General Markus spoke up, "Sir. Sir, I can say I speak for all that this move may give Haggord the opportunity he seeks for justification he seeks to take back the Addford Gap. Fort Pillywith is key to keeping him and his supporters at bay."

Clasping his hands De'Cader smiles and nods in agreement, "I know, and that is what I want. Let them take the fort with their military. They have the choice, peace or war. " Standing he looks at the team and smiles, "Good Day."
Domestic sports leagues

Alluersia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Alluersia » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:24 pm

Deep under the streets of Je'Kara President Adam Haggord is meeting with his Team of Experts, military, economic spying.

President Haggord already seated, he showing his age, a small frail old man of ninety-three, clutches onto his cane as the members of his experts council get seated. After they all have made themselves comfortable Haggord staggers as he stands up to the shock of the council, "Before I began, I must tell you all that once you get to my age time becomes very special and in my case very rare. I have been far luckier than my predecessors all whom have died in prison. I am more than joyful and grateful for severing with humble servents of freedom and for the cause of Alluersian freedom. We are not there yet, I know someday we will be free." Sitting back down he pulls out a paper and places it on the table. "We are on the verge of war with West Guiana, everyone in this rooms knows this and the fact is, this young country must have a leader who can rally the people for the cause of freedom. And today I say to you, that I can no longer hold the mantle, thus as of today noon I will resign from my position of President."

The room echoded in gasps and shocks no one bare to speak so it was up to Jeorge Wilkerson, Haggords nephew who spoke, "Uncle, I must say you have chosen a dubious time to make this decision, however I do support you in it."

"Thank you Jeorge. Now my successor will be Senator Mark Niles, our most decorated war hero of the 1980 war and I have high faith that he will serve Alluersia as President as well and more than I have."

Nellietopia
Attaché

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nellietopia » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:31 pm

Rumours are like wildfire. In a field with dry chaff, months without rain to quench the parched land, even the slightest spark can cause the whole country to set ablaze. But - place that spark in a verdent field, filled with rich moisture, even the hottest fires can have trouble getting out. And if one find the right audience, rumours become wildly viral - or otherwise, it all peters out to meaningless non-sense in the grand history of things. But these rumours of war were becoming more and more concrete - it was more news than hearsay, and this was concerning for members of the Conclave.

"They want what?"

"Support." Auk the Great was sharing his wisdom with the Nellies once more, much to the chagrin of the Duck, looking on from the sidelines. For so long, he had been the one dictating military and foreign affairs - his brain was the genius that helped the Nellies unite the critters of AFLAC into one consolidated league. It was responsible for the unprecedented success of "mere animals" in an age where anthropocentric societies were "normal" and "superior". But now it seemed that age had caught up to him, and the one fight that he wasn't going to try to fight was the only one that needed to be fought...

For his part, Auk the Great was a very wise orator - definitely a diplomat and not a soldier. His mind was on peace, and like the black and white patches that dominated his appearance, things appeared very plain and simple, yet elegantly constructed and only a little strange. And it seemed that every word he spoke was carefully weighed, even the silly, inconsequential quips to the incessant questions of the Conclave.

"Do they want us to fight?"

"No. They'd laugh if we sent soldiers."

"Well, what do they want?"

"International support. Of some sort. Things have been tricky to interpret lately. The ravens are suggesting that war is likely to be avoided, as long as they trade words, not arms."

"Wait, they can trade arms?"

"No, not like Nellies. More - they seem to be taking a lot of concessions from the New West Guiana government, which has been painfully quiet about the whole occasion. This is part of the confusion. They definitely don't want war, but how much do they really care about keeping Alluersia? Their silence begs the question of complicity. But I think the greater problem will come from the ground."

"An earthquake?"

"No... more, the grass growing from the ground."

"The grass will quake the earth? Do we need to eradicate the grass?"

"No. I mean the people of Alluersia. Even though most of the people have legacies from the Legalites, there are also native Guianan folk who will resist the new government. They know what is coming, and they will fight it bitterly to the tooth. And the New West Guiana government may know this as well - they don't have to fight the war, if Alluersia decides to fight back against native Guianan rebels - and the moment that they do, they can claim to the world that Alluersia is waging genocide upon their people. A public catastrophe, and it would surely spell the support of every regime in the region for the New West Guiana government, delegitimize the Alluersian declaration of independence, and potentially escalate the conflict. But I think that there is some good that come of this course of action."

"What is our best option to avoid the fight?"

"Let it happen."

"What?" the Duck quacked rather loudly. That seemed a little brusque coming from a diplomat, and his shock echoed throughout the Conclave Halls. Every eye glanced at him, even Auk turned his head to look. But it was brief - a slight nod, perhaps. "Our best course of action is to let the fighting start, and then manage the effects from there. The situation continues to evolve, and actively determining our role so early in the game puts us at a distinct disadvantage of not playing to the strengths of AFLAC and our coalition. We don't have the manpower - as innumerable as we may be - to fight a a war, for or against Alluersia. For as much there is to please the Alluersian people, they have prospered under the stability of the government from New West Guiana - as corrupt and hypocritical as they seem to be."

"But this fight is not going to end well for any of us, is it?" Duck said.

"We only need to endure its hardships," Auk said. "We don't need to thrust ourselves headlong into the fray. Would you have the Bovine Geese line up with Alluersians to fight New West Guiana? Or maybe supporting DeCader in New West Guiana? Have you considered that this is a leader on his last thralls? He's taking the meek middle path between outright war and emancipation, hoping that the people who have suffered under his yoke will do his dirty work for him? Our best course of action is to wait for DeCader's support to completely evaporate, even from his own military, and then mitigate the damage that his mismanagement has caused?"

"Is this the same mismanagement that created the stability that allowed Alluersia to prosper?" Duck retorted, using a bit of Auk's words against him. A hush fell upon the Conclave as they eagerly awaited Auk's great response.

"Yes, actually. In trying to sway the people of Alluersia to stay with New West Guiana, DeCader has built up heavy industries in their heartland - both to deprive them their ancestral lands and to bring in some of the Guianan peoples. But he hasn't really care about those peoples at all. Control the situation by managing the peoples' fears of one another - that's how he's worked, but if one does this too many times, they start to learn. To defuse the situation, DeCader must be gone by the end of the engagement."

"Are you advocating the removal of a standing head of state? Wow, that's surprising, coming from you."

"I'm not advocating his removal," Auk replied. "I'm just saying our optimal outcomes works if the peoples of Alluersia and New West Guiana remove him as president..."

"So you want a hit squad to take him out?"

"No! I keep saying this and you seem to have 'assassination' on your mind!"

"So you want me to assassinate President DeCader! That is bold."

Auk stopped indulging the Duck, realizing a little late that the Duck was quite mad. The real worry was that some of the influential members of the Conclave might think that the Duck still spoke some sense. Of course, there was some sense to the madness, but there was no guarantee that it would work.

"So our current course of action is to wait until DeCader is removed from power? What if that doesn't happen? As unpopular as he may be, he still commands respect from other countries in Atlantian Oceania, and you can bet that other leaders will not be too keen to have a president toppled by a populist revolt, lest their own countries fall prey to that."

"Come now," Auk said. "I'm not sure if the time is right for us to engage with the a nonagenarian rebel leader who seems content to keep taking more concessions from a sleeping tiger..."

Suddenly a flock of raving ravens swept into the Conclave, almost unannounced. "The President of Alluersia has resigned! New leadership is on the way. Troop movements suggest a withdrawal of New West Guiana Armed Forces from Alluersia, including key strategic points. Krytenia can't make up its mind about which flavor of pasty is superior - sausage rolls or cheddar pies."

"Cheddar pies? What heterodoxy is this?!?"
"Come on, sausage rolls are just disgusting."
"Why not sausage pies?"

Somehow, the ravens managed to derail all talk about Alluersia with passing banter of food items from a country that for some reason accepts rotten moose corpses as a gift. Auk would have done more to calm the furor, but the surprise announcement of President Haggord's resignation was shocking in itself - this conflict had changed its dimension, and perhaps, a new course needed some consideration. Auk carefully plotted his course out of the fracas, with Duck keenly watched his escape. What thoughts were percolating in his brain?
HAHA! NOTHING IN HERE! yet...

AOCAF
P-45,47
R16-29,30,42,43,
R8-34,35,44,46,49
4th-
3rd-
2nd-
1st-
DBC
P-
R16-
R8-40
4th-
3rd-
2nd-
1st-
NSWC
P-50
Q-
R16-
R8-
4th-
3rd-
2nd-
1st-

Alluersia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Alluersia » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:20 pm

When the bulletin came across the screens the people of the country were stunned that their President would resign so suddenly, however this wasn't a surprise to many as Adam Haggord was showing in years and his health was starting to fail his old body. However the idea of Mark Niles coming forth as the new President of Alluersia came as a shock, but was meet with great joy as he is a national war hero and icon for bravery for his actions in the 1980-83 War.

Mark Niles a large well built man of sixty-four, still in excellent shape for his age rubbed lotion on his hands which now before the cameras sparkled. He being in a unique position having been on the Senate floor just that morning now ready to take the Oath of Leadership to become President. Before him is the Charter of Alluersia and the Chief Justice Andrea Lethong.

Chief Justice Lethong stares at Senator Niles and back at the cameras, she walks up to the Charter that lays on a velvet padded stand and motions for the Senator to join her. After he is standing beside her, she starts the ceremony, "Senator Niles, it is a great honor to bestow this upon you, our young nation is at a fork in the road of history, President Haggord has resigned and named you his successor and our next President, his hopes and dreams are ours, his sprit and pride is ours. Do you Senator accppt his word and are ready to take the Oath of offfice."

The Senator straightened his back and looked directly at the camera's, then back to the Judge, "I do."

Justice Lethong takes the charter n her hands and asks, "Senator, place your right hand on the Charter. Now repeat after me, I Mark Niles do swear upon this Godly planet.."

"I Mark Niles do swear upon this Godly planet.."

"That I will do what ever it takes to keep the dreams and hopes of my people alive.."

"That I will do what ever it takes to keep the dreams and hopes of my people alive.."

"And that I will serve and acknowledge the rule of law and seek out justice to those who do wrong.."

"And that I will serve and acknowledge the rule of law and seek out justice to those who do wrong.."

"So help me God."

"So help me God."

Lethong smiling reaches her hand out to shake his hand, "Congratulations..President Mark Niles." Turning around to the press, "I present to you, the third President of the Republic of Alluersia."

*six hours latter*

President Niles took a couple of ours to do a meet and great and receive fanfare, however though he was quite eager to get to work, he was known for being more bullish than Haggord towards independence and more willing to be the one to start a fight. Start the fight he was about to do, he knew the following orders he was about to give would unleash the furor of De'Cader upon Alluersia, however he knew something De'Cader didn't. The future did not look good for a united West Guiana.

In the National Security Bunker, the very same one where Pres. Haggord gave his resignation speech hours before President Niles was now here and was ready to start the war that might see the downfall of De'Cader. The room was empty besides Niles and his military leader Jeroge Wilkerson, they both were staring at a TV screen in which another man with darker skin, wrinkles and graying hair appeared. Niles speaks up, "Anthon, I'm very pleased that you were able to get a secure connection, I know that you make sure that the NIA isn't hearing into this."

Anthon smiles, "You bet, and let me say Congrats Mr. President, my men and I are ready to serve under your leadership."

Niles nodded, still not use to hearing the words Mr. President. "Anthon, are your men in place around Baystom and the Port. And Jergoe, do you have yours ready on the FSS Calman?"

Anton replies, "Yes."

Jeorge, "Yes."

Niles walks towards the back of the room and picks up a smart pad, "Jeroge, your men once they take control of the FSS Calman understand they are to turn her guns to the Naval port and open fire and are to only disable the FSS Gandor and Myto from being able to leave the port."

Jeroge looks st Niles, "Yes, they understand that neither ship is to be damaged, unless they are fired upon. They have taken extra steps to ensure that the fighter jets will be taken care of."

"Yes..yes, they'll be smart and turn on the ships surface to air missiles..and Anthon, your men..no. You have the numbers that you can secure the port and area surronding it?"

Anthon again nodding, "Yes, most of the people living around the port are pro-Alluersia and we have the backing of the police force and will have use of their helicopter."

Niles looking through his notes, "Now, Operation P will go into effect two hours after this, we will move in on Fort Pillywith, and since most of the troops stationed there are native Alluersian, their loyalty was always not a question for us. Taking the fort will give us the artillery and anti-aircraft missiles that we will require to hold off the West Guianan air power..for now." Niles looking at both and sighing, knowing very well what he is about to do next will start the war of wars. "Gentleman, as of now Operation Baystom is in effect, God helps us from here on out."

New West Guiana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:40 pm

The evening air was brisk yet warm with the help of the warm waters of the Calania Sound, the city of Bystom the fifth largest port in the country glistened in the distance as tourists walked along the beach and looked out seeing the naval ships dock and sail past the city. A small gathering of warship enthusiast's looked out as the FSS Alfred C Calman had stopped, it was the flagship of the West Guianan navy, equipped with both laser guided missiles and more old fashioned 16 inch, 50 caliber guns, only four in total, but it gave the ship some extra punch. They were being given a show, as the ship was turning its large guns towards the city, however a few peopled started to back away as one person was quick to point out, the sounds coming from the ship were as if it was about to fire.

Suddenly it's horn gave three long blasts and the four guns opened fire, the crowd watched as the shells zipped over their heads and exploded with great furry in the naval port.

"What the hell!"
"Oh GOD CALL THE POLICE!"
"I hope everything is al right."
"Was it an accident?"

It was not an accident, as a couple minutes latter the guns re-aimed and fired again, and again and again. They fired six times in total, nearly a twenty minute barrage. The targets were precise, a cargo crane, that now sits in the water blocking the entry of the port, behind that the flaming refueling station for the naval ships. Other targets appear to be random, warehouses, a bridge over a small storm stream, and one shell hit on the outskirts of the city destroying a elementary school.

Overhead the panicked citizens can hear the roaring of jets from the nearby air force base roaming the skies to survey the damage and on stand by for further orders. Deeper in the city police have placed barricades around the city hall, however they show no signs of panic, not most of them anyways. Some police are leading others who have been handcuffed into transport buses, while a sparing few some reports indicate, were lead into the dark alleys and shots were fired.

***Presidential Palace****Gemsbrook, FD****

De'Cader woken from his sleep burst into the Security Room and bellowed, "Some one tell me what the hell is going on!" Pulling his night robe around him tighter he gazes over the TV screens and reports of the incidents in Baystom, "Some one, anyone. NOW!"

The door opens and Generals' Markus and Hilson and Admiral Johnson promptly walk in, followed by a member of the Premiers Guard holding a black briefcase, Hilson walks to De'Cader and after a quick salute begins to inform the Premier of the situation. "Sir, at twenty-one hundred hours, a mutiny aboard the FSS Alfred C. Calman by several dozen paramilitary members sized control of the ship and withing minutes began an assault on the Fort Baystom Naval base. The paramilitary members targeted four locations within the base and one outside to render the base inoperable. A cargo crane was toppled to prevent any naval ships to enter or leave the base. Within the city limits, members of the same paramilitary along with the local police have sized contorl of several city and state buildings. Reports from the city show that some members of the police who are loyal to your government have been shot execution style."

De'Cader listening to everything shook his head, not in disgust but in disbelief, he slowly walks over the window which looks over downtown Gemsbrook and slowly turns back and snaps at Markus and Johnson. "Both of you. BOTH OF YOU!" Angrily shoves some books and a ceramic teapot off a desk, which shatters all over the floor, "You both told me three days ago you knew nothing, you see nothing, and now this!"

Johnson stepped forward unfazed by De'Caders tantrum, which he was known for. "Sir, we both told you that we had high confidence that should a conflict begin, that it would be with a paramilitary group. However none of our reports showed that Haggord would suddenly resign, this Mark Niles, we have little surveillance reports of. It is unknown if he ordered this attack, however if so then..."

His words trail off as De'Cader looks at the black briefcase, "The briefcase? Dose the Calman have nukes on board?"

Johnson spoke solemnly, "Yes."

At this answer the blood drained out of De'Caders face, he turned white as a sheet he stumbled to his desk and sat down, "Do they know that? If so can we remote detonate?"

Markus finally spoke, "We can remote detonate, however for a safe denotation the ship must be at least four miles out in sea. Whether they know this, is more and less. If, I know if...should they not know this we might be able to steer them away from shore and detonate."

His face deep within his hands De'Cader mumbles at first then solemnly replies, "Drive them out to sea, and detonate, if not do it anyway. If they have disabled the remote detonation, then we may have no choice but to sink the ship ourselves."

The three military men stared at each other then clicked their heels and left with out any further word.
Domestic sports leagues

Alluersia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Alluersia » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:24 am

It had been less than an hour since the shelling of Baystom and Hector Foss the commander of the military unit leading the attack on Fort Pillywith decided against the planned two hour window that President Niles had set into place. The young man of only twenty-three, stood out amongst his fellow men who like nearly all native Alluersians and Alluersian-Legalites has dark hair and brown eyes. Hector though a with his bright blonde hair and blue eyes, could be singled out by anyone, and that is why President Niles appointed him to this task. Niles knows that should Foss be caught his complexion and ethnic background wouldn't point the finger at Alluersia but other enthic groups in West Guiana.

Hmm...yes the other ethnic groups...we'll talk more about this latter.

The sun was still setting on the horizon, however it was dark enough that the non-Alluersian loyal troops wouldn't be able to see their approach, Fort Pillywith is vital to the Alluersian front as taking it would not only empower it's fleeting military but give the people another reason to fight. However neither President Niles nor Foss's group didn't know that earlier that day the majority of the troops stationed at the fort had left and it was mostly empty. This realization soon came apparent when his men drove near the base and they were welcomed with open arms, much to their obvious surprise.

Foss getting out of a humvee walked to the guard post which was crowed with West Guianan soldiers loyal to the Alluersian cause celebrating their "Victory". He found the highest ranking official, a staff sergeant and asked him a simple question, "What the hell is going on? We were prepared for a fight, where di everyone go?"

The staff sergeant looked at Foss confused, "I thought you knew, De'Cader pulled the 156th, 170th infantry divisions and the 8th tank division out today."

Clucthing his fist in his hand Foss became angered, "Damn it, did they take everything?"

"No, we still have some Gander armored transport vehicles and a few tanks, but that is about it."

Foss nodded and gave a quick report to Niles.

***Je'Kara****

President Niles was hovering over the news feed about his "victory" in Baystom, and the reports about the FSS Calman. However he was not pleased or satisfied just yet, his main goal was Fort Pillywith the fort was vital to his goals to push West Guiana out of the Addford Gap to which they lost unjustly after the 1980-83 war. He was just about to take a seat on the plush leather chair in his office when the door knocked, "Come in."

In walked one of his presidential staffers who walked in promptly, "Mr. President, Commander Foss has given his report from Fort Pillywith. He says that De'Cader pulled most of the divisions this morning along with a tank division, when they came upon the fort they were welcomed with open arms."

Niles nodded and thanked the staffer. He figured that De'Cader would have moved his troops out of harms way, however now fears he fell into a trap that De'Cader had placed for him. Taking the fort now secures the Addford Gap, but now puts Alluersia in greater danger of retaliatory attacks by De'Cader and even with the fort and the weapons they have captured is still no match to the West Guianan air force. Which now can on a daily basis air raid the entirety of Alluersia and there is nothing he can do about it.

Getting up again Niles stares at a map of historical Alluersia which once spread from Newhouse to the sea at Baystom, that is his goal and the goal of all his people. He sighs and says to himself, "I have now awoken the might of De'Cader and he will not stop until all of us are dead."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents