NATION

PASSWORD

Flame and Steel RP [OOC Thread]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:22 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Ukraniumstan wrote:
Wait, Kyavan had a space fleet? Was that back in the Ashmore conflict, because I don't recall ever seeing it here.

I heard people mentioning Kyavan's satellites and stuff. Considering the fact nobody would even attack a civilian satellite (because that's a war crime on two fronts), I presumed it was a military satellite (which in itself is a war crime, but then again, we have people with chemical weapons flaunting them out in public).

And illegal blockades *cough cough*

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:24 am

No space fleets guys, I feel like thats stretching the boundaries a bit. Yes, the tech exists but no your not using it. And WCC, no to the super plague; final warning. I'm drawing the line here: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ line has been drawn. Dont do it again
Last edited by Kyavan on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:28 am

Kyavan wrote:No space fleets guys, I feel like thats stretching the boundaries a bit. Yes, the tech exists but no your not using it

^ This is what I figured we were doing. Also, Kinetic bombardment does not actually exist I.R.L. It is merely a hypothetical, not a reality.
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Kyavan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyavan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:32 am

The Chuck wrote:
Kyavan wrote:No space fleets guys, I feel like thats stretching the boundaries a bit. Yes, the tech exists but no your not using it

^ This is what I figured we were doing. Also, Kinetic bombardment does not actually exist I.R.L. It is merely a hypothetical, not a reality.

I blame COD

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:34 am

Kyavan wrote:
The Chuck wrote:

I blame COD

:lol2: true, though I use tech that actually has been created/is within the realm of reality that isn't a W.M.D. or lasers in space simply because... Sending shit to space would make you go bankrupt faster than a 1929 stock broker.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
-Slava-
Ukraini

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:38 am

I actually do have a valid reason behind it. (This probably isn't lore in the RP, but here goes..)

During the Cold War, after the successful launch of Sputnik 1, the British decided, along with the Americans and Germans, to form the "Transatlantic Space Association", firstly launching Neptune and Romandie, in 1960 and 1963 respectively (With Romandie landing on the Moon!). However, after the Moon Landing in 1968 (along with several ones), the British had a bold but big idea: the militarisation of space. With this revolutionary idea, all members of the TSA, excluding France, had begun to work on the Purple Blight, or rather, Operation Zenith. Due to this, a military space race began, with Purple Blight launched on the 25th of October 1974, and so, Britain (as they were the main contributors to the project amid doubt in the USA), became recognised as the first nation to reach space with an armed rocket. The Soviets followed less than a year later on the 18th of July 1975, launching KCCCP Leningrad. Further records were made, as Iron York and Tournè launched in 1979 and 1981 respectively. They were large at first, owing to the payload:force ratio needed on Earth, but they soon got smaller as more powerful engines developed. The first space drones, known as the Cyberspace Regiment collectively, were launched in 2012 as a continuation of the programme. First, regular missiles were loaded on to them, then nuclear missiles, and now, lasers along with large metal balls used to crush objects known as the Artificial Asteroids.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:39 am

The Chuck wrote:

Well, it's physically possible and is basically a better, cheaper version of a nuclear bomb. The spaceship is expensive, yes, but so is uranium.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:40 am

The Chuck wrote:
Kyavan wrote:I blame COD

:lol2: true, though I use tech that actually has been created/is within the realm of reality that isn't a W.M.D. or lasers in space simply because... Sending shit to space would make you go bankrupt faster than a 1929 stock broker.

All I do is use principles possible in physics, study them to ensure cost effectiveness (basically getting your bang for your buck), and then begin research. |

Or in the case of my other weapons and genetic modification, biology and chemistry.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:41 am

Kyavan wrote:
The Chuck wrote:

I blame COD

I don't play COD.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:42 am

I'd also like to note to everyone that most nations here are armed with nuclear weapons.
Please Watch

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:57 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I'd also like to note to everyone that most nations here are armed with nuclear weapons.

M.A.D. Doctrine at it's finest.

-Slava-
Ukraini

Ukraniumstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ukraniumstan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:17 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I'd also like to note to everyone that most nations here are armed with nuclear weapons.

Kyavan, Port Ember, and Paddy are the only ones with nuclear weapons. Everyone else is allowed to use nuclear tech and produce uranium, but they cannot manufacture nukes(Correct?)

I like the idea of kinetic bombardment. Like EMP, it is not that far of a stretch. Just please don't spam it. My nation used 2 of its 3 emp weapons, and won't make more for a while.

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:25 pm

Ukraniumstan wrote:

Kyavan, Port Ember, and Paddy are the only ones with nuclear weapons. Everyone else is allowed to use nuclear tech and produce uranium, but they cannot manufacture nukes(Correct?)

I like the idea of kinetic bombardment. Like EMP, it is not that far of a stretch. Just please don't spam it. My nation used 2 of its 3 emp weapons, and won't make more for a while.

We possess nuclear weaponry as a defensive measure... Our doctrine is never to use it in an offensive capability.

-Slava-
Ukraini

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:44 pm

Kyavan wrote:to be honest, I'm open to a few months of all out war before the summit. As long as ya'll don't go nuclear first, because thats my job :)

TBH, I actually don't have any plans of going nuclear at this point, as I really don't have any reason IC or OOC for their logical use. I personally would like to keep it that way if possible, as I would rather write about other things besides *Flash* My Army Dies, followed by *Flash* A nation ceases to exists in retaliation.

Ukraniumstan wrote:
Wait, Kyavan had a space fleet? Was that back in the Ashmore conflict, because I don't recall ever seeing it here.

I heard people mentioning Kyavan's satellites and stuff. Considering the fact nobody would even attack a civilian satellite (because that's a war crime on two fronts), I presumed it was a military satellite (which in itself is a war crime, but then again, we have people with chemical weapons flaunting them out in public).

*Ahem*

You may consider it a warcrime, others will respectfully disagree with that viewpoint. :)

The Chuck wrote:

That we know of...

The science behind "Rods of God" or "project Thor" as it was originally known as by it's conceptualizer Jerry Pournelle, is sound. You basically are dropping a Tungsten telephone pole from high orbit toward the ground and letting gravity do the rest. The only reason why these don't exist is because at the time (and still today) the sheer cost of placing these into orbit places them outside the realm of what's reasonable.

The grey area people on NS run into is that it's generally accepted that nations have unlimited resources, manpower, and to a point money after a certain point, and projects such as these would technically be possible by "NS Realism" standards. RP wise in the past, my Dominion has used these weapons on several occasions successfully against foreign aggression, mainly people who spam million + man formations of infantry as deploying one rod and wiping out half his manpower in the field with one go would actually make sense. However, the downside is that these weapons if launched repeatedly in a general area have a realistic chance of literally upsetting the tectonic plate stability and can inadvertently cause some serious negative side effects. Good example of this was in a Golgoth RP a few years ago where these weapons were literally used to create a physical rift to seal off a super aggressive nation at the cost of literally wiping out another nation in apocalyptic scale earth quakes and plate sheering.

My two cents on the matter.

Ukraniumstan wrote:

For the record, I am a Nuclear Nation. However, it's much smaller then what people tend to think nations my size posses as around...2016 I think, I started downsizing considerably and pumping the money instead into deterrents, defenses, and civilian protection projects thus creating a multi layered defense that on paper should have a fairly high percentage of success compared to more traditional methods currently employed IRL.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:49 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Kyavan wrote:to be honest, I'm open to a few months of all out war before the summit. As long as ya'll don't go nuclear first, because thats my job :)

TBH, I actually don't have any plans of going nuclear at this point, as I really don't have any reason IC or OOC for their logical use. I personally would like to keep it that way if possible, as I would rather write about other things besides *Flash* My Army Dies, followed by *Flash* A nation ceases to exists in retaliation.

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I heard people mentioning Kyavan's satellites and stuff. Considering the fact nobody would even attack a civilian satellite (because that's a war crime on two fronts), I presumed it was a military satellite (which in itself is a war crime, but then again, we have people with chemical weapons flaunting them out in public).

*Ahem*

You may consider it a warcrime, others will respectfully disagree with that viewpoint. :)

The Chuck wrote:

That we know of...

The science behind "Rods of God" or "project Thor" as it was originally known as by it's conceptualizer Jerry Pournelle, is sound. You basically are dropping a Tungsten telephone pole from high orbit toward the ground and letting gravity do the rest. The only reason why these don't exist is because at the time (and still today) the sheer cost of placing these into orbit places them outside the realm of what's reasonable.

The grey area people on NS run into is that it's generally accepted that nations have unlimited resources, manpower, and to a point money after a certain point, and projects such as these would technically be possible by "NS Realism" standards. RP wise in the past, my Dominion has used these weapons on several occasions successfully against foreign aggression, mainly people who spam million + man formations of infantry as deploying one rod and wiping out half his manpower in the field with one go would actually make sense. However, the downside is that these weapons if launched repeatedly in a general area have a realistic chance of literally upsetting the tectonic plate stability and can inadvertently cause some serious negative side effects. Good example of this was in a Golgoth RP a few years ago where these weapons were literally used to create a physical rift to seal off a super aggressive nation at the cost of literally wiping out another nation in apocalyptic scale earth quakes and plate sheering.

Ukraniumstan wrote:

For the record, I am a Nuclear Nation. However, it's much smaller then what people tend to think nations my size posses as around...2016 I think, I started downsizing considerably and pumping the money instead into deterrents, defenses, and civilian protection projects thus creating a multi layered defense that on paper should have a fairly high percentage of success compared to more traditional methods currently employed IRL.

Indeed with the Rods from God being sound. Hell, I'm in the process of employing such technology in my canon lore and have already purchased a shit load of tungsten from other nations in exchange for the resources we possess. I attempt to keep it "realistic" and as such my nation relies predominantly on nuclear weaponry as our deterrent simply because of cost. It will cost a shit ton to send a project like Project Thor into space so why waste funds on that when you can drop Oppenheimer's baby on someone instead...

-Slava-
Ukraini

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:52 pm

The Chuck wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

*Ahem*

That we know of...

Indeed with the Rods from God being sound. Hell, I'm in the process of employing such technology in my canon lore and have already purchased a shit load of tungsten from other nations in exchange for the resources we possess. I attempt to keep it "realistic" and as such my nation relies predominantly on nuclear weaponry as our deterrent simply because of cost. It will cost a shit ton to send a project like Project Thor into space so why waste funds on that when you can drop Oppenheimer's baby on someone instead...

We use it due to a less-than-abundant supply of uranium, even with the Congo and Indonesia, along with our large space infrastructure. Our nation, whilst I've dialed down the FTness, is still more advanced than most other nations, and I've balanced for this by reducing the amount of manpower and stuff.
Please Watch

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:59 pm

The Chuck wrote:

We use it due to a less-than-abundant supply of uranium, even with the Congo and Indonesia, along with our large space infrastructure. Our nation, whilst I've dialed down the FTness, is still more advanced than most other nations, and I've balanced for this by reducing the amount of manpower and stuff.

Erm... Possessing the Congo IRL should give any nstion more than enough fissionable material for a large amount of nuclear weapons. Hell, you can make other W.M.D.S at a fraction of the cost of putting a satellite into orbit. Chemical/Biological weapons are viable (yes I see you are doing that) and even using Thorium to make thermonuclear weapons is a viable possibility.

-Slava-
Ukraini

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:03 pm

The Chuck wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:We use it due to a less-than-abundant supply of uranium, even with the Congo and Indonesia, along with our large space infrastructure. Our nation, whilst I've dialed down the FTness, is still more advanced than most other nations, and I've balanced for this by reducing the amount of manpower and stuff.

Erm... Possessing the Congo IRL should give any nstion more than enough fissionable material for a large amount of nuclear weapons. Hell, you can make other W.M.D.S at a fraction of the cost of putting a satellite into orbit. Chemical/Biological weapons are viable (yes I see you are doing that) and even using Thorium to make thermonuclear weapons is a viable possibility.

Ahh yes, but we use it mostly for nuclear power plants. And we do have about 3,000 nuclear bombs, most left over from the Cold War. We possess the nuclear triad, but we're slowly moving away from nuclear weapons. Our space infrastructure has already been built, so why waste it?

EDIT: I once made an entire disease file for RDX-12, but my network suddenly refreshed every page and so it got oofed.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Flame and Steel RP [OOC Thread]

Postby The Chuck » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:06 pm

Ouch to the files. Though don't forget that you can use spent nuclear fuel in reactors for nuclear weapons too.

-Slava-
Ukraini

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:11 pm

The Chuck wrote:Ouch to the files. Though don't forget that you can use spent nuclear fuel in reactors for nuclear weapons too.

That's basically what most of our modern nuclear weapons are made out of these days...
Please Watch

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:11 pm

Still working on my replies. No ETA, but hopefully before close of the day today. :)

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Jasonvillee
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jasonvillee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:36 pm

not me lol
JOSEONCONFEDERACY
A Korean Confederation of villages with a 1975-1995 tech level.
For God, For Chancellor!, For Country!
Hail the Confederation!

OOC: I actually made a new nation, called Imperius Joseon. It is an alt for now, I just wanted to roleplay with another nation. It has the same flag as mines, so try to make sure you don't get confused by it. It may possibly become my main, but I am not sure of that right now

Jasonvillee
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby Jasonvillee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Also, Ukraniumstan you need to read the reply I sent you about you sending your ships in my waters
JOSEONCONFEDERACY
Hail the Confederation!

OOC: I actually made a new nation, called Imperius Joseon. It is an alt for now, I just wanted to roleplay with another nation. It has the same flag as mines, so try to make sure you don't get confused by it. It may possibly become my main, but I am not sure of that right now

Jasonvillee
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby Jasonvillee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:09 pm

also to the guys who are wondering why Jasonville is named after the Prime Minister, its because lots of people named Jason(or Jason in a different language) helped make Jasonville. Also Jason is a person in the bible who helped Paul and some other Christians find refuge, and Jasonville is a nation of refuge to those who need help. And PM Jason's term still hasn't ended

just so yeh know
JOSEONCONFEDERACY
Hail the Confederation!

Jasonvillee
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby Jasonvillee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:15 pm

hey, can we have one nuclear strike?

I saw a guide on the NS forums, teaching people how to use nukes in rps in a way it doesnt turn into madness.

Maybe not to destroy cities or entire nations, but why not for small fleets? Would be a way to end the current war

(okay i admit i just really want the Jasonville proxy war to happen lol)
JOSEONCONFEDERACY
Hail the Confederation!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents