NATION

PASSWORD

Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God [IC|MT|Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:35 pm

"DOC!" – roared Captain Lysander – "This kid ain't breathing. Concussion –"

He did not need to continue, the mission doctor was already on his knees next to the child. In a swift motion, he got to work – getting as fast as he could to try and restore the spark of life to the child's body.

The soldiers took to work rapidly – two of them searched the guards for weapons, removed their boots – these were immediately given to the slaves – and handcuffed them with a set of plastic cuffs, of the sort that are sometimes used to close off sacks of laundry. The thin lines of plastic bit painfully into the guards' flesh, but their comfort was clearly not the first concern here. Two more cut off the electronic bracelets off each of the former prisoners and threw them on the ground, where a third commando methodically smashed the now-useless electronics to bits with an axe, no doubt to the prisoners' glee.

"Get on that comms center!" - Lysander pointed to two of the men – "Everyone else, secure the perimeter! We need to make sure nobody comes in for the next few hours. "

Somewhere, far away, the first two helicopters took off and flew towards the facility.

Mathematics were now on the Allaneans side. Sort of. Kind of. They had two helicopters, which could airlift everyone out – if they did something like two or three flights each. Naturally, the situation could get worse for them in any number of ways, still. But it was better than the mathematics that they started out with. And those had worked out.

Almost.

They didn't work out for that little girl. Even if she lived – this was a concussion injury. There could be brain damage, or she could be deaf for life.

Lysander checked back on his actions. No, he'd done everything right. He knew the rules. Sometimes, you do everything right, and you still fail. Fundamentally, it's not your fault. It's the fault of people – were they, really, even people? – like Skender Cernat and Miran Cozma.

In a voice that Lysander was not certain was his own, he said, "Set the explosives."
Last edited by Allanea on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:16 am

South of Roztechko, Posteastan

Captain Kurchin, was getting nervous. Professional or not, he was deep behind enemy lines without a chance of survival or extraction. In fact, with a chance of his government acknowledging his assistance in case of capture. Posteastan was quick with executions these days.

It was a bad start. Then the signal came and a few minutes later two buses and a four dirt bikes arrived to pick him and his men up. The rebels or whatever they were had clearly seen better days. While most of them were equipped with military small arms Kurchin's men were not too easy around them. Most of the fighters apparently had their military training from popular action movies. Kurchin was approached by a man in black fatigues and a ballistic vest. “I'm Jack“ said the man. “I'm in charge here. It is an honor to meet you. We urgently need your support, but with your help it will just be a matter of days till we have liberated Posteastan. First we take the airport, than we take Tabolov Province and than we take our country back. I have good news, the international support is growing as we speak.“ He smiled and offered a local brand cigarette to Kurchin. “Our plan is rather simple. We board the buses, drive to the airport and attack. You should use the next hours to sleep on the buses. You should also inform your superiors that it is about time to send the bulk of the troops over, or get them in the air, so they'd be ready to land once the airport is secured. It is located in hostile territory, so we might have to defend it against superior forces and damage to the airport should be prevented. If we can't take it or hold it our orders are to make it unusable.“ He coughed and ordered his men to assist the paratroopers in boarding the buses.

It was a journey through a land in total darkness. No electric light was visible for miles and the bus drivers were equipped with night vision and radios. After a few hours drive a short conversation between the driver of the first bus and a scout on one of the dirt bikes could be observed. A few seconds later the man who had called himself Jack approached the Captain again. “Kruchkin, we have slight problem. The Moralists have set up a checkpoint a bit further down this road. That's the first time they have ever put up something like that between their sphere of influence and the government's territory. How are we going to proceed? Shall we attack them?“

Port of Roztechko, Posteastan

The men spoke nice and politely, the were all dressed up in the finest track tops that money could buy, their golden chains and rings clearly showed their high status among the crooks at the harbor. Their demands were moderate and reasonable. They had some expenses and Construction Enterprises had to cover those. In return, they would provide the best men, women and protection money could buy. Interpreters, engineers, cleaning staff, they had everything. It was for the company's representatives whether to agree to the monthly payments or to try and do it their own way in a strange country.

The port was always a busy place in many ways it mirrored those of other nations but its unique and distinguishing feature was the open presences of clearly distinguishable members of the organized crime. The Syndicate's strongmen had no problems openly carrying guns around the port. They were often seen checking the ID and the cars of the National Guard or the police or overseeing the dockworkers on their daily business. If directly approached the police was very open about the fact that there was nothing they could do. Not only did the Syndicate outgun them all around the city but in many occasions their men had the better training and contrary to the police they received regular payment. As if this would not have been enough, the Sakala was known for keeping records of police operatives and their families...just in case.
Last edited by Posteastan on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:34 am

Organised crime was always an annoyance, everywhere Construction Enterprises went. In familiar territory, Kenmoria and other neighbouring countries, it had been something easily quelled by calling the police and maybe making a few threats of ‘accidental’ deaths in custody. However, here the police were the ones more likely to suffer death, and the ones to whom threats were made more frequently.

To a governmental organisation, the quandary would be simple. “Say no to organised crime”, the slogans read, and these slogans formed the basis of most of the codes of conduct. However, corporations were not bound by the same rules, and could do anything they wanted in a foreign country without any fear of reprisal by the Kenmorian state. It was one of the reasons they had been hired in the first place.

With that in mind, as well as the more obvious fact that it would be much harder to get work done if one had a syndicate blocking major roads, the deal between the Syndicate and the company was inevitable. Not quite used to openly carrying guns, the Kenmorian security officers made a half-hearted attempt to look innocent, before giving up and slinging the rifles over their shoulders before marching over to the most important-looking Syndicate member they could find.

“On behalf of the foreign affairs branch of Construction Enterprises, a Kenmorian PLC, I wish to cordially exchange my thanks for your kind offer.” It was at this point that the worker realised this was equivalent to a gang member bringing fairy cakes to a hide-away, and wondered whether a few “yo”s should be inserted. Nevertheless he carried on, “In addition to this, the company has found your terms acceptable. The monthly payments will be delivered via cash to a high-ranking member, and in return you shall render your services unto us. Do we have a deal?” It seemed slightly strange, asking whether a Syndicate member would accept a deal they themselves had organised, but a question is always good at masking a thunderously beating heart.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Danlina
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Danlina » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:02 am

Port of Roztechko, Posteastan
A black armored yacht entered the port. Ten people in black suits and blue and red ties stepped out. At the front, walked a blonde woman that looked weirdly calm as she walked towards the thugs.
“Hey you!” Said one of the thugs, “Who are you that you’re walking up on here like this?”
“Eve Wright, from the Danlinian government” she said. “Show us your IDs!” The thug responded, in a tone reminiscent of a bark. “You don’t need to see our IDs” she smirked, “just go and introduce us to your higher ups”. After a moment of exchanging confused looks at each other, the thugs decided it would be better to let the boss deal with the foreigners.
A while passed, and a man in a luxurious black-and-gold tracksuit arrived at the place, and with him a few more thugs armed with sub-machine guns. “And who is the lady?” Asks the man. “Commanding officer Eve Wright, at your service sir” said Wright. The man looked at her with a raised eyebrow and asked: “And what business do you have in here?”. Wright answered immediately:”I’ll need arms, I’ll need intel and most importantly, I’ll need to speak Posteastanian”. The man let out a little laugh and said “And what will I get out of it?”
“10 million bozia and three of these boats” she said as she pointed at the black yacht.
“What if we demand more?” Asked the man. Wright rolled her eyes. “Well for starters, we won’t completely erase you from the Posteastan political map” she said.
This time the man laughed out loud, but he stopped the moment he noticed a red dot on every one of his men’s heads. He slowly understood what kind of situation he’s in. “We’ve been monitoring you and your men for about two months now, we’ve rigged random ships in the port with explosives and put snipers on the rooftops. Now do as I ask and accept my humble payment”.
From there on, business went as usual.
Last edited by Danlina on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Danlina

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:38 pm

CONFEDERACY OF POSTEASTAN
Official Statement of the Confederacy of Posteastan

To: Katerin Rozen, Minister Of The Ambassadori Branch, Danlina
Subject: Invitation
OFFICIAL TELEGRAM FROM THE DOMNITOR

Hail,

I am willing to participate in the talks in Roztechko. I will send a delegation once they are guaranteed safe passage by you and by Valaska.

On Guard!

Office of the Domnitor
Orikson
Remus Balan

REPUBLIC OF POSTEASTAN
Official Statement of the Republic of Posteastan

To: Public Statement
Subject: Progress
OFFICIAL TELEGRAM FROM THE PRESIDENT

I vehemently protest against the interference with the internal problems of Posteastan by the nations Danlina and Schwarzenfels. I hope that the international community will speak up against these threats. Posteastan does no longer stand alone. While I of course endorse the idea of direct talks there will be no promotion of terrorists to legitimate partners. Those not willing to surrender their weapons have no place on the negotiation table and those who are involved in terrorism are free to surrender and face the consequences of their crimes.

We fully support the ideas of direct talks Danlina has put on the table but before we can get forward with this we would like to see direct and irrevocable moves towards disarmament. We would like to know how Danlina is putting pressure on the terrorists to disarm.

Office of the President
Niculai Valaska
Telinburg

KOLVCE FREE STATE
Official Statement of the Magistrate

Subject: Peace in our time
OFFICIAL TELEGRAM FROM THE MAGISTRATE

I hope that this message finds you well and happy. I'm glad to see that we are not alone and isolated. Your steps towards a peaceful solution are much appreciated. I am devastated that I have to inform you that we cannot participate in any kind of talks that the moment. We are willing, but we lack the means of transport to Rothko. We would need guarantees from the Statists and the Moralists to pass through their territory unharmed. If you can guarantee these we are more than willing to participate. If the government can give us guarantees to protect us against the bandits and outlaws we are willing to give up our guns but an end to discrimination must be guaranteed as well. Right now we have a serious problem here in Kolvce. The water shortage and the lack of hygiene and heating have caused a serious flu epidemic. Many are sick and some are already dying. If we don't get doctors and medicine (and heating!) this could get a lot worse. I beg you to use your influence to inform the world about what is going on here and to put pressure on Telinburg to allow humanitarian aid.

For the people of Kolvce
Marta Arcos

DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF POSTEASTAN
Official Statement of the President

Subject: Recognition as Rightful Leader

Ms.Rozen,

We thank you for your support of our just cause. Valaska needs to enter direct talks to make room for our takeover. The sooner he resigns the less blood will be spilled. Roztechko is of course no place to hold these talks. I have taken the liberty to include a biography of Augusto Cesar Sandino in this letter. I have marked the chapters regarding the Managua Banquette to give you some hint. If Valaska wants to talk he can come to Tabolov. He does not even have to surrender his weapons in the first place.

Only true President
Vasilescu Tavitian
Of Posteastan

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF POSTEASTAN
Official Statement of the High Command

Subject: Send picture please!
OFFICIAL TELEGRAM FROM THE RENEGADES

Dear Katerin,

you seem to be a clever girl. Why don't you look up the Black Dinner on the internet? Seriously? I would have thought you come up with a more sophisticated plan to murder our delegation. Better luck next time.

Kisses

Runar Øystein
Minister of Insults and Fraud

P.S. We fully support the ideas of direct talks you have proposed. If we are guaranteed free passage we will send a delegation to Roztechko. And by guarantee I mean that both Danlina and Telinburg send high ranking hostages to us. As a gesture of good will we would like the government of Danlina to send a Delegation to Deslav to help us prepare a prisoner exchange. I would be delighted if you would personally come and meet us.

Encryption: None

CHURCH OF POSTEASTAN
Official Statement of the Patriarch

Subject: Christian Duty

Dear Minister,
To us Christians peace is not an abstract construct. It is an obligation. no one seeks peace like us. We don't want this conflict in the first place. To understand our situation, you have to know that the National Guard is more often responsible for kidnappings, theft and rape than any other gang in this area. We need our weapons to defend ourselves. We will send a delegation to Roztechko but you will have to guarantee our well-being and you have to force the Telinburg government to provide the same guarantees.

Patriarch
Iancu Funar

ROYALIST PARTY
Official Statement of the Royalsit Party

Subject: Mutual Understanding
OFFICIAL TELEGRAM

Your Excellency,
The idea of holding all-party talks is indeed one we support. We will, however not walk into a trap. I have included in this letter a copy of the well written fantasy novel A song of fire and ice. I suggest you read at least the chapters on the Red Wedding. I hope this will give you enough of an idea why we are not willing to send delegates to a place like Roztechko. As a gesture of good will we recommend that the National Guard is withdrawn from Leozina and the surroundings. If talks are to be held there is no better place than the capital and heart of Posteastan. The Lion City Leozina.

The Lion Will Return

Rasvan Luca,
Leozina

Royalists on Air

Good evening people of Posteastan. I bring you good new. Your troubles will soon be over, order will soon be restored. Today we have taken the Lion City. We hold the heart of Posteastan. Freedom is just around the corner. There is still much do to, sacrifices are to be made, battles have to be won. The people have risen to leave the times of hardship and turmoil behind. Glorious days are lying ahead.

I ask you my loyal friends and brothers to rise up against tyranny. Not only in our beloved Leozina but all over Posteastan. Talk to your friends and relatives. Prepare for a strike. Lay down all work for the dictator, stop supporting the enemies of Posteastan by helping the traitors to stay in power. In three days, at noon we ask all workers, public employees and members of the security forces stopping working and take to the streets. Block the roads and show your support for the King.

I ask the people of Leozina to march to the airport tonight. Block all access roads and let nobody in and nobody out. Bring your weapons but only fire when fired uppon. Don't use violence unless it is absolutely necessary. Violence begets violence, and we must not venture down the slope of self destruction. Nothing can stop us if we rally behind our King. Our country can not survive if it is dismembered. We are already weakened by the many mistakes of the past. We need help to get back on our feet. The King is the only power who can rule Posteastan without favor or corruption. The King is the only power that can provide international assistance with no strings attached.

As you can clearly see from the fact that I am live on TV at the moment, broadcasting from Leozina, the city and the province are already under our control. All of you who are in need of monetary or spiritual support can apply for help by one of our offices. There are many of those all over the Province of Leozian.

Rest assured my brothers, the Lion will Return!

Public announcement of the Patriotic Block

Music that reminds the audience of a military march of a well-known empire is playing before the man who is marching in the middle of a protest begins to speak:

You all know me by now. My name is Remus Balan. Today I speak to you using the channels of our Ally and brother in arms Schwarzenfels. The principality will support our just cause with weapons, logistics, air strikes and money. The times of talking are over. As I seek thousands are marching towards Kolvce. Tomorrow we will retake the city and order will be restored.

Today I am here to celebrate the formation of the Patriotic Block, the formation of all forces in Posteastan that oppose foreign control over our resources and that stand behind the culture of our white race. Orikson is already free of degenerates and perverts, mongrels and profiteers. To celebrate the formation of the Patriotic Block our army, the Black Brigades have cleansed our beautiful city and will now clean our province.

With our allies we stand for peace and democracy, pluralism and freedom. Like all patriots we value the voice of the people. We ask Valaska and his gang to recognize the formation of our party and make room for elections. The only chance for Valaska to avoid the gallows is to cooperate. His days are numbered.

All groups wishing to join the Patriotic Block shall denounce the traitor and pledge their alliance to the confederacy. The war has begun and now is the time to make a stand, for your homeland or against Posteastan and all that we stand for.

Port of Roztechko, Posteastan - Construction Enterprises

And from that day on things went smoothly, almost as if they were greased. Large crowd of volunteers lined up for work with Construction Enterprises, all skilled and all vetted by the Syndicate before they were allowed to apply. A steady and cost efficient influx of material was guaranteed and it came as a surprise to many how much fuel and spare parts, food and construction material could be made available for the right price.

Theft went down to almost zero. The construction sites and the port warehouses were carefully guarded by the omnipresent Syndicate and off duty cops and members of the National Guard. The experts and specialists could move through the city without fear of pick pockets or beggars.

The employees of Construction Enterprises spend endless hours with the locals chatting and playing Maruta, Posteastan's favorite game of cards. Easy to learn, fast to play and somewhat addictive. Many ciggarets changed the owner and news from all across the country was passed on to the people from Kenmoria. It all looked like a good deal.

Port of Roztechko, Posteastan - Eve Wright

"Make that 10,000 Syndicated Yen, ma'am and we have a deal." The obviously worthless bozia was not held in the highest regards in Posteastan. The men of the Sakala came often. Sometimes filming, sometimes just taking pictures. Always smiling. A few days later an envelop arrived at Ms. Wright's headquarters.

Dear Ms. Wright,
It is a pleasure doing business with you. As instructed I have contacted my superiors. You will be picked up in two days time at 05:30 at Dock 5. Come alone, bring no guns. You know the drill. The hood, the checking for weapons and lengthy ride through the country side.

A few hours after the letter, another messenger arrived. A young man, dressed in worn out military gear was intercepted by the security as he tried make an appointment with Ms. Wright. Amongst his possessions was a high caliber revolver, a mobile phone and a paper notebook.

"I mean you no harm guys." Said the man. "You are looking for contacts and contacts I want to provide. If you want to meet the big players here, you should have a look at Construction Enterprises. Smart, clever businessmen from Kenmoria. If you take me to your boss, I will pass her some names and phone numbers. I can get her to some of the key players of old CE."

The Spire

The man hat uncovered a treasure trove of information. Computers, codes, maps, phone numbers, hand written notes, photos… it was all there. The Spire was not the headquarter of the Sakala Syndicate, an organization of that skill and purpose would not have one, but it was clearly not only a holding place for captives. It was difficult for the men to communicate with each other as the quacking of the gees did not die down.

In the distance the sound of diesel engines could be heard. Trucks, or probably something heavier were approaching the spire with their headlights turned off.

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:02 pm

REVOLUTIONARY WORKERS' COUNCIL WITH RESPONSIBILITY FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS
RE: FOREST SUMMIT ON THE CRISIS IN POSTEASTEN
POSITION PAPER

Comrades and colleagues,

In evaluating the situation in Posteasten we must not overlook the fact that the current power vacuum has been caused by the collapse of successive governments, that these failures have been caused by foreign military aggression and the threat thereof, and that said aggression and threat continue to exist. We remind you that the Northern Alliance continues to demand the unconditional military surrender of Posteasten and that the current notional leader, Niculai Valaska, has been installed by means of a coup in order to facilitate such a surrender.

While we share the concerns of Keilersmoor concerning the risk of a fascist state emerging from this power vacuum, the solution to this is threat can only be stable governance. This is impossible under threat of bombing and invasion. To attempt to improve the political situation as things stand is akin to administering first aid to a person still being shot at, or fighting a fire in a building being sprayed with petroleum. As we have publicly stated, the Northern Alliance must renounce all attempts, overt and covert, to influence Posteasten.

We yield to no-one in our implacable opposition to fascism, yet we remind you that fascism rises where people feel powerless, violated and dictated to. In short, it breeds in precisely the conditions that have been created in Posteasten. The alleviation of those conditions is the key to its prevention.

We wonder at the audacity of the Northern Alliance in attempting to extract from Posteasten reparations for a civil war that occurred in another country, in responding with bombs when the elected government chose to peacefully dissolve the agreements imposed on its predecessors. Only after this outrage has been brought to an end will it be time to consider which of the factions contesting the ruins of Posteasten are best placed to govern.

Keilersmoor's concern for the human rights record of the various factions is in a sense to be commended. We would caution against indulging in the bourgeois luxury of judging from a safe distance the actions of people whose country, homes and livelihoods have been brutally destroyed.

Karevka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:39 pm

Captain Kurchin mulled it over for a few seconds, then saying to Jack "Attacking them this soon is dangerous unless it can be done quickly and quietly. To be honest we must try talking our way through and if that fails then we kill them. Sound good?" Kurchin knew with all the turmoil in this country, a shot up checkpoint wouldn't be surprising to the current government. Besides, there were at least a dozen other groups itching for a chance at that airport.
Last edited by Karevka on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:14 am

24 Nautical Miles off the coast of Posteastan

While Posteastan was far outside any particular sphere of influence the united, occassionally bickering, socialist states that made up Caracasus could claim, and aside from the growing number of dispossessed refugees from Posteastan, Caracasus really had very little interaction with the country someone, somewhere had decided that Something Should be Done.

Terrible and occasionally wonderful things have happened in the past because someone, somewhere decided that something should be done.

Nineday House had commissioned the design of the submarines, though they carried no weapons. A cluster of them carried in the wake of a merchant ship whose path took it within distance of Posteastan.

At preset points, one of the small submarines would break out of the wake of the vessel. No longer hidden by the freighter's wake, it would switch on its stirling engine and follow the preset path its onboard VI laid out. Once on its patrol it would gather what information it could. A tiny, ocean borne spy relaying intelligence back to its commanding unit.
Last edited by Caracasus on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Keilersmoor
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Keilersmoor » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:58 am

Recipient
Region of Forest

REPUBLIC OF KEILERSMOOR

Topic: Crisis in Posteastan

Ladies and Gentelmen,
The Landtag has decided to form an emergency council to deal with the situation and to be able to act much faster on it. The emergency council came to the decision that the arguments brought forward by the RWC –RFA are conclusive and well-funded. The council agrees that the foreign military aggression continues to be the biggest threat to stability in Posteastan.

Therefore the council suggest that we take measures to

1. Guarantee the territorial integrity of Posteastan.
  2. Reject all foreign military intervention by third parties.
  3. Guarantee that all Forestian nations renounce the use of force.
  4. The fight against fascism is explicitly excluded from the policy of non-violence.
  5. Work towards a re-negotiation of the terms of surrender.

The council lacks the information to come to a decision in regard of the lawfulness of the various governments in Posteastan. The council understands that Caracasus is the Forestian expert when it comes to Postestanian affairs. To be able to decide what stance to take on the actions of the PSDP NCP/CDP and UGF governments we need further information on the following questions:

1. What role did the PSDP play in the war in Øhiton?
  2. Who started the war and why?
  3. Was Posteastan the only nation to pay for the reconstruction?
  4. Who was responsible for the confiscation of wealth and properties of migrants in Posteastan?
  5. What were the international reactions to this crime?
  6. Who were the international investigators in Posteastan and what was their mission?
  7. Were they protected under international treaties?
  8. Did the UGF organize the attacks on foreign embassies or did they try to prevent them?
  9. Did the Northern Alliance deliberately target civilian infrastructure during the bombing?

The council does not think that a democratically elected government, legitimized by the will of the people can be held accountable for wrongdoings committed by its predecessor nonetheless, international contracts are binding. Payments agreed upon must continue or there would be no more trust in international affairs. A unilateral cancelation of treaties will not be supported by Keilersmoor but it is likely that re-negotiations will have the backing of the Landtag depending on the light Caracasus can shed on these matters.

Sincerely

Rutger Thorbecke
Foreign Minister
Last edited by Keilersmoor on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danlina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Danlina » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:23 am

Eve Wright's office, Parlemville Danlina
"Give me your gun, kid. Then we can talk business" Said Eve. Two guards entered the office, waving their guns at the young man. Seeing no other option, he had to surrender his weapon. The two guards put a blindfold on the man's eyes and knocked him out. Next thing he knew, he was in a bigger office tied to a chair. In front of him were Eve Wright and a woman dressed in a politician's suit, apparently her boss. He thought to himself from where he recognized her.
"Well" Opened the boss with a friendly tone, "What's your name?". The young man hesitated a little bit, but then answered "everybody calls me Freddy". "Alright then, Freddy it is. Now, miss Wright here told me you brought information that I would be interested in”. Freddy began to panic, where did he put those files he was supposed to bring to her? “Oh, don’t worry, I already have everything in here” said the woman while waving a brown casefile. Freddy sighed in relief. Then it hit him: This woman is this foreign minister from the news, what’s her name... Oh right! Katerin Rozen! “Now that we have all of the information we needed” said minister Rozen as she stood up, “you have finished serving your part”. She reached her hand to her lower back, got out a small gun and shot Freddy in the head.
Now with Freddy’s lifeless body hanging from the chair, Rozen could allow herself to lose her cool temper. “What did I tell you, agent, don’t pull attention to yourself! Because of your recklessness, the administration almost got compromised! By a FUCKING ERRAND BOY! Now not only the Legislative Branch is on our tail, but now we have foreign mobsters knowing we exist! Ugh, just go to this meeting you were invited to, I’ll have other agents take care of the new intel. I have these letters to read and reply to”.

OFFICIAL TELEGRAM

Topic: The Peace Talks Summit

To whom it may concern,
After many complaints from the representatives of the fractions of Posteastan, Danlina decides to update some of the summit’s details:
  1. The summit will take place in the foreign conference house in Port-Aviv city at Danlina, as it is the most neutral and easy to access place we have found to conduct the summit.
  2. About the complaints that the summit would be a perfect place to assassinate one’s opponents, the summit will be guarded by the first platoon of the Danlina National Guard, and the bay will be protected by the Peacemaker-Beta naval taskforce. Each delegation will be allowed to bring up to five lightly armed bodyguards to avoid any fatal agression between the delegations.
If any of the delegations have a problem with attending the summit because they refuse to attend a meeting with the other fractions, we will be happy to invite you to a one-on-one meeting with our foreign relations staff.

Best Regards,
Katerin Rozen, Minister Of The Ambassadori Branch
Republic of Danlina

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:45 am

The Rescue operation

[align=]"Okay." – Lysander said – "We are going to have a difficult day ahead of us. We've already spotted flares here, here, and here." – he pointed to the map. "Now, here's what I want. We're going to keep the heavy weapons team in the building. It's the sturdiest piece of concrete for miles around. Have the machinegun teams covering the road. You're going to be able to see out across the river from the top, and you're going to be able to see anyone who crosses the ridges. That's really all I want from you. Now. For what we need to do, it's this. LZ Tubman is across the river. You're going to need to march there with the people. Those who can't walk – carry them for what I care."

"How long until the helicopters are here?" – someone asked.

"An hour. You need to set out in fifteen minutes – it'll take you about forty minutes to get to LZ Tubman with everyone."

"What if one of the slaver shits doesn't want to come along?" – someone asked.

"Shoot him in the head and leave him." – Lysander shrugged. "Makes the pilot's life easier too, right?"

He paused: "Also, any explosives, mines, anything like that – we're not taking those with us."

As the Allaneans retreated, they mined the road leading to the building that locals had called The Spire. Explosives were planted also within the building itself, but the timer had not yet started running. Only once the last commandos would depart would they set the countdown.[/align]
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:53 am

Official Letter from the Head of House Bardi

To: His most Pious, Excellency, the Defender of the Faith, Beloved Friend of the People of Posteastan and Guardian of the Peace and His Royal Majesty King Alexander II

My dear Brother,
it is an honour and a privilege to hold your letter in my hands. The news it brings is indeed very good news. It is my duty to inform Your Majesty that I will gladly cooperate in any imaginable way. The survival of Posteastan is now tied to my own survival. Our cause is a cause of honour, of righteousness and of faith. We must prevail, there is no alternative.
Your Majesty's information are correct. These people exist in all places of society around Leozina. I will personally take care that I do everything in my abilities to provide Your Majesty with more information about these individuals. Knowing that there are already good men on the spot makes me confident that this undertaking will be a success.
If Your Majesty has heard the latest news about the Liberation of Leozina than I am afraid those are broadly exaggerated. Our movement is not jet strong enough to engage in open battle. I personally think this is the wrong way and only needs to unnecessary suffering. We urgently need to tighten our control over the movement before something regrettable happens.
The letters are ready to be picked up on my premises. They will instruct all loyal subjects to follow the bearer's order to the letter. I have also taken the liberty to provide a small financial contribution from my private reserves to this undertaking.
I could not agree more to this plan. My sources in Posteastan have informed me that there is a slight increase in the moral of the National Guard. Outside acceptance for the provisional government has risen and has given the Guards new self-confidence. Our men are already working to infiltrate units, especially outside Leozina and all of these agree that the lawlessness inside the Guards is one of its main pillars of survival but also one of the main sources of erosion of their fighting spirit. Without corruption many of the Guards would go unpaid but most of the corrupt men know that they are not better than the criminals they are supposed to fight.

Your Majesty's good brother.

Alexander Bardi, KSE GCH

Mierbozia Province, Moralist Checkpoint
"All right than!" Jack coughed. He did not like to talk the religious nut jobs but he did like fighting them even less. " Unload your men and have them leave the heavy equipment behind. We transport it in the busses. One of my men will come with you he knows the area a bit. And he has a map. Follow him and make no noise. No noise at all. And take your weapons with you just in case." The Paratroopers disembarked and had to find their way around the checkpoint at night. Jack tried his luck with the Moralists.

Two hours later the exhausted paratroopers arrived at the designated rendevouz point. This time the Posteastanians were already waiting for them.

"I have bad news." Began the man called Jack. "Things have escalated. The royalists are rioting in Leozina so we have to approach the city carefully. Valaska has rejected Schwarzenfels' ultimatum and the nationalists are apparently on the march south. I can't reach my men in Leozina but we have to expect heavy resistance from the minute we reach the outskirts of the city. Order your men to board the busses and rest. They must close the curtains and remain silent throuout the rest of the journey. We will take a short rest once we reached Tabolov Province but then we will march straight on to the war."

Eve Wright - Roztechko

Breakfeast in Posteastan

05:30 hours. The car was there. Nothing spectacular. An aging red sedan. The men were much more interesting. Blonde, tattooed Øhitonians, more than a head taller than most people from Posteastan. "Ms Wright, hand me your belongings." Said one of them with a polite tone. He collected her phone and her gun while one of the other men thoroughly frisked her. Even though it was still early there already was a lot of activity in the harbor. "Get into the car." Ordered the first man when he was confident that his friend had found everything of relevance. "Wear this." His accent was strange as he handed Ms. Wright he hood. "It will take a while." He said when the car drove off.

It took indeed a 'while' the men did not speak, not to each other, not to their guest. Finally, the car came to a stop just in front of a modest house by the coast. The hood was removed and she was searched again. This time by locals additionally using some strange detection devices.

Another guard approached her and took her to a small balcony were breakfast was prepared and a man was waiting for her. "My name is Adam Nechita." Said the man with a winning smile. Perfect hair, perfect teeth, perfect manners. "My friends in the Sakala have informed me that you are interested in buying equipment and making friends?" He said pointing at the table. "Take a seat. So you want to learn our language? I can teach it to you if you like but first tell me what kind of weapons you want. Ground attack aircrafts? Rocket Artillery? Rifles? Hand grenades? Knifes? I think I have all the goods you need. And what Intel are you looking for? Intel is my speciality?"

Karevka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:34 am

Kurchin nodded and turned to his men, "On the buses, closed curtains and no talking until we reach Tabolov." the tired and ragged looking paras grunted in reply and boarded the buses. The vehicles continued towards Tabolov soon after. The captain prayed that "Jack" could avoid a incident as they drove through a pothole ridden road.
Last edited by Karevka on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Schwarzenfels
Secretary

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Schwarzenfels » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:13 pm

The Principality of
SCHWARZENFELS

It’s easy to stand in the crowd - but it takes courage to stand alone

Esteemed Leaders,

It shocks me and surprises me at the same time that most of you are indifferent to the plight of the people of Posteastan. I suspect your indifference is born from the idea that the people of Posteastan are incapable of liberating themselves. You might believe that the Patriotic Block is too weak to march on Telinburg. But make no mistake, strength does not come from physical capacity - It comes from an indomitable will.

The provocations of Mr. Valaska force my hands. His rejection of pluralism, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and the right to form political parties leaves me with no other choice than to officially recognize the Confederacy of Posteastan.

Through this letter Schwarzenfels officially recognizes the Domnitor Remus Balan as the rightful leader of Posteastan. I propose a military alliance between Posteastan and Schwarzenfels to discourage any would-be invaders.

I have not lost faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean - if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. The days of the dictator Valaska are numbered. He will soon follow Marku Tavitian's example of early retirement. I hope that more nations will follow our example and send humanitarian and military aid to Posteastan to help the rightful government to liberate the entire country.

Sincerely

Generalissimo and Guardian Guide
of Schwarzenfels by the Grace of God

Albrecht von Hammerstein

Encryption: None

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Work was going surprisingly smoothly, to such a degree that progress was almost ahead of schedule. The Syndicate had been well-mannered and, in contrast to the way most gangs operated in the experience of the project managers of Construction Enterprises, seemed to keep to their word. All of the normal delays had been removed causing a nice efficient flow of volunteers, who, of course, had no need to be paid.

In addition, there was an opportunity to be had with regards to the many delegations and people that were coming to Roztechko with important businesses. If there was one thing that was better for the company’s image than the relief aid, it was a collection of nice pictures featuring Kenmorian workers and the local populace, hand-in-hand, on the front covers of all the newspapers. Of course, the fact that the talks would be in the process of tense negotiation for the fate of innocent people made no difference; it even could be said to possible make a potential benefit.

On the other hand, a problem existed with Danlina. A nation that had recently become embroiled in the conflict, it was making a stir to the degree that the Posteastan government felt it necessary to send out a telegram decrying their actions. The major project leaders of the operation didn’t know exactly what was happening, however, any potential actions could have a major negative impact on cash flow, so something needed to be found out.

With this in mind, Construction Enterprises decided to move in on the next part of their operation. It was a major goal to repair the port and the surrounding area, something that was going remarkably well and certainly would earn them big publicity points, but there was also a secondary aim. For the next few stretches of road that would be laid out, in a few streetlights and manholes, would be placed listening devices. Small, almost invisible pinpricks of light that would be recording the air above from a nook in metal. They would be feeding back to a central office in New Valen, a city in East Kenmoria, and could alert the major players of any developments in the atmosphere. Originally, they were supposed to be entered much later and used to monitor the situation in Posteastan, but finding out more on Danlina would work too.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Danlina
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Danlina » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:21 pm

OFFICIAL TELEGRAM

Topic: Not Much Time Left

encryption: highest

To President Valaska,
As you may have heard, most of the conflict is going against you right now. As I know Samuel, our prime minister will probably call the order to be against you to.
But I have my own interest in having you in charge. As I see it, Danlina needs a strong ally in Posteastan that isn't afraid to do as they please.
My agents will arrange it so you can secretly pass through Roztechko all the way to Paralemville on boat. I will be informing you when to get to where. We need to talk, and we need to do it fast.

Godspeed,
Katerin Rozen, Minister Of The Ambassadori Branch
Last edited by Danlina on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Danlina

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Fire at the Spire

Hostages and men of the special forces hurried down the icy slopes towards the valley. The freed hostages moved as fast as they could, knowing that this was their only chance to safety and to freedom.

And then hell broke loose. Two columns of armored vehicles approached the Spire from the dense woods. When the first vehicle hit a carefully placed mine the slaughter began. Damaged by the explosion the vehicle stopped and instantly came under fire from the remaining men of the special forces who had taken up position all over the lightly fortified compound, leaving several targets neutralized when the crew of the burning vehicle disembarked and hurried towards the woods. That moment as a second vehicle was stopped by a mine.

The remaining vehicles reversed, using the elevation and the woods as cover. Soon the first illumination grenade lit up. It was followed by a second flare, a thing one and so on. Soon the area around the spire shimmered in an eerie light. It was clear that the reinforcements that had arrived were not members of some street gang, not thugs with six shooters or kids with Kalashnikovs. These men were professional soldiers. They took position in the woods, far enough away from the tree line to remain unseen. Relying mostly on machingun fire and their trusted grenade launchers the men of the woods gave hell to the men in the spire. And they were paid back in kind. No love was lost between the two groups.

Afraid of mines and improvised explosive devices the armored vehicles did not advance any further on the spire. Instead they began closely coordinated barrages of indirect grenade fire on the area around the spire. The first volleys missed but the men in the woods had some skills in correcting their comrades' fire and soon the first volleys began to hit the compound directly.

Turtek, Tabolov Province
Dawn was just breaking when the busses reached Turtek, a small town in Tabolov Province. The men were greeted with cheers by the locals. Food and drink had already been prepared for them. For a while Jack spoke with some of the other men as the Paras helped themselves to a nice breakfast. "All right." Said Jack, addressing all the men at once. "The situation has changed once more. This time to our advantage our friends here have a nice gift for you." Uniform pieces that closely resembled those of the National Guard were given to the paratroopers. Some got full uniforms others only jackets or hats or helmets. "We have intercepted a distress call from Leozina, the National Guard at the airport has requested back up. They will never know what hit them when we attack." Jack laughed and soon the other men joined in. "You have fifteen minutes than we will continue our bus tour."

Karevka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:18 pm

The paratroopers command elements sat around a table in a Mom-and-Pop pub in Turtek, communicating with the Mevsky Airbase. They had been given the full list of reinforcements that were to be sent once the airport was secured: the 58th, 93rd and 29th mechanized rifle divisions (with APCs and IFVs) would arrive be plane, the 71st and 30th armored divisions would also be delivered by air in piecemeal, battalion by battalion. It would take a few days for the entire force to arrive in full, but there would be enough at the start to repel any attempts at retaking the airport. Captain Kurchin finished up with Mevsky AFB, and got his men into the National Guard uniforms. Jack was right. They would never suspect a thing.
Last edited by Karevka on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:19 pm

"Unfuckingbelievable." – said Lysander. – "Unfuckingbelievable."

The Spire shook as bullets and grenades impacted its sturdy concrete walls. The glass panes on its windows that had not yet shattered in the previous barrage now rained down to the floor like so much hailstones.

"Unbelievable slaver yeblany, fucking huesosy gnoynie, pizdu mamy vashey cherez sem grobov." – said Captain Lysander.

The helicopters appeared then. They were two in number, clearly this was going to be a very difficult situation for everyone involved.

"Pelican, this is Lysander, do you read me? It is really dry here, like the fucking Sahara, I need rain, over."

The helicopters were by no means attack aircraft, but they did carry a pair of rocket pods, one under each wing. They circled the Spire first, and then, in a whirlwind of smoke and fire. They unloaded everything they had in the direction of the enemy troops, and then set down to LZ Tubman.

The men in the hills would be at a difficulty. They would have a problem hitting the helicopters with any kind of small arms fire from where they were, and even MANPADs would be at the edge of their reach. Still, it would be right now a good time for a distraction.

"Men! Open up with everything you've got!" – Lysander commanded, and the snipers and machinegunners opened up, once again. Rocket launchers barked, and with familiar woosh sounds the rockets sailed towards their targets.

At the LZ, it was pandemonium. In theory, the helicopters could fit 26 'paratroopers' – 26 soldiers in full kit, each. In practice, the Allaneans shoved the refugees – emaciated, some of them children, and certainly with nothing resembling Army kit – into the two craft. The pilots shoved everything that was not immediately needed overboard, and detached the now-empty rocket pods to unburden their machines. The helicopters began to rise, flying to the North.

From his position in the Spire, Lysander could only see the helicopters as black dots in the distance, almost merging with the outline of the forest. He could only pray for those aboard.

"We need to hold the fort for at least forty minutes, people." – he said. – "Where's Willis?"

"Dead."

"Dead how?"

"Shrapnel bit came in through his temple. Probably didn't even feel it. "

He pondered this for a quarter-second. "Ramirez, Jones, Get his dog tags.. Place thermite charges on his body. Certainly I'm not letting those slaver shits have him. Everyone else. Prepare for the longest hour of your entire life."
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Great Nortend
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Great Nortend » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:22 pm

LENDERT—The Duke of Limmes had been urgently commanded to attend His Majesty at the Palace of St Michael'sgate early in the morning. His Majesty had already personally commanded the Lord Master of Mails to send a telegramme to Wooltartery Post Office the night prior to immediately send a postman to collect the letters which Sir Alexander had spoke of, and from the urgent telegramme he received that morning, the postman was personally on his way down to Lendert by the 12 p.m. Lendert Express from Rhise Florstam Street.

Taking a letter from the King, the Duke and Sir George, who had accompanied him to the Palace, returned home. When they arrived back, it was already 10 o'clock and the Duke had not yet breakfasted.

“George, ring Sir Leslie on the telephone and ask him to arrange a diplomatic bag and the most trust-worthy messenger—not John Davis or the short one. Order him to meet me here by, say, one. Tell him he also should send a message to our minister in Posteastan that he is to arrange for the messenger's arrival.”

This done, the Duke pulled the call-bell string. A bell sounded somewhere off in the distance and soon thereafter, a maid bustled in.

“My Lord”, she said, curtseying.

“Polly, please ask Mrs Dunfield to prepare my breakfast for me. Something simple would do; toast, bacon, eggs and sausages. I think I shall take breakfast here in my study. Has the Duchess breakfasted yet? All right, run along now and be quick!”

He would write immediately to Sir Alexander and inform him of the news but first he needed to book two tickets to St Christopher's and Nevvings, and thence a ticket to Leozina.

“Ah, George, you're back just in time. What did Sir Leslie say?”

“My Lord, Sir Leslie says that he shall arrange it forthwith. Sir George has gone to see the King as well, on His Majesty's command, and I believe is being informed of the developments now. Sir Leslie has sent for Sir Richard de Verr to act as the King's Messenger and I am assured that he will arrive by one.”

“Excellent; he will do well. Call Halton Street station would you, and book two tickets to St Christopher's would you for half past one, and a first class ticket on the quickest flight or flights after to Leozina. I'm fairly sure the King told me that there is a flight to Leozina around four o'clock, with only one stopover. Perhaps make that three rail tickets; you'll need to come as well. Actually four; I shall send for Sir George as well.”

“Very good My Lord. I forgot to say before that His Excellency Mr Thatcher, His Majesty's Minister in Posteastan, has also been sent an urgent encoded telegramme.”

“Well, let us pray the normal diplomatic customs are still intact in this pitiful Republic. Ask Sir George to join us here at one, would you, George, and then go home and have something to eat. Lady Somerham must be wondering where you are. Make sure you are at Halton Street by quarter past. We shall be in the Queen Catherine's Waiting Room.”
News from Great Nortend : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417866
Diplomacy, Consulates &c. : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417865

This nation is an exaggerated representation of my personal views in most areas.

Rivienland
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rivienland » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 pm

OOC: I might be revising my seal throughout this RP so don't be surprised if it changes.

Letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

To: The Foreign Office of the Kingdom of Nortend, Cardoby and Hambria

Dearest Friends,

Today I write to you regarding the tragic situation in Posteastan which, as of this moment, is threating to have a sizable international impact on countless nations for the foreseeable future. While our relations have been limited in the past, I hope, with our shared position on the rights of man and monarch, that our countries might take advantage of this opportunity to form a greater bond of friendship, and cooperation.

Within the past few weeks, no nation can deny that the crisis in Posteastan has only deteriorated as other nations, supporting various ideologies, involve themselves in recent developments. Whether anyone can support President Niculai Valaska, and his weakened government, is yet to be seen. And, with the solidifying of a Pan-Forestian position, it is clear that Posteastan will only continue to become an international issue of greater importance.

It is in these times that Rivienland, a humble Grand Duchy, seeks guidance from its fellow monarchs. The Kingdom of Nortend, Cardoby and Hambria has, for centuries, been a pillar in international affairs, from the Great War to modern times. Understanding the ways of tradition, we hope that Great Nortend also recognizes the need for a restoration of the Posteastanian monarchy. With politicians greedy for selfish and worldly desires, a man, born and raised to rule, is needed to restore stability and order to the nation.

To our knowledge, the claimant to the Posteastanian throne, Sir Alexander Bardi, resides within Great Nortend. My government, unofficially of course, would like to inquire more to the situation of the Royalists, especially to what effect Sir Alexander is supporting them, and what His Majesty, King Alexander II, is doing in reaction to recent events? I will not hide the fact that the Grand Duke, and His government, are most adamant to align our positions, and that we, as historic guards of tradition and stability, may bring a peaceful and appropriate end to this worrying conflict.

May these troubled times give fruit to a prosperous friendship.

Edourard van Houtte, KGDR
Ambassador-at-large

Cat-Herders United
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cat-Herders United » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:26 pm

To: President Nikulai Valasca
We are sending food and humanitarian aid in the freighter CHUS Abyssinian, escorted in international waters by the cruiser CHUS Cat’s Paw. With your permission, both ships shall make Roztechko their next port of call. The Abyssinian is carrying the attached cargo and aid workers.

Sincerely yours,
Catniss Mesteñero
President
Cat-Herders United

* 5 x refrigerated 20ft containers of fresh cheese
* 5 x refrigerated 20ft containers of cat’s milk
* 5 x refrigerated 20ft containers of medical supplies (antibiotics, anesthetics) - HAZ: marine pollutants
* 5 x 20ft containers of medical supplies (gauzes, disposable syringes, miscellaneous)
* 5 x 20ft containers of corn/maize
* 5 x 20ft containers of wheat-based bread
* 5 x 20ft containers of cat-wool textile goods (blankets, ponchos, moccasins, other articles of clothing)
* 35 x 40ft containers of chassis + trucks (w/ full gas tank) - HAZ: flameable

* Expedition Commander Garfield Gatito
* Medical Officer Dr. Teodoro Colorado
* Corporate Liaison Barbara Bandito
* Logistics Officer Douglass Desperado
* Security Officer Nora Nepeta
* Financial Officer Paul Pistolero
* 5 nurses
* 35 volunteer veterans (security + trucking)

To: Rasvan Luca
Encryption: HIGH
I hope my telegram finds you well. As I write to you, an expedition of aid workers from the great nation of Cat-Herders United sails to aid the poor people in Kolvce. Surely we can agree that even in these turbulent times, it is in all parties’ best interests that unarmed civilians from non-belligerent nations carrying humanitarian and medical aid should be left to do their humanitarian work unmolested. Surely all movements should strive to uphold such norms of diplomacy and basic courtesy among nations.

Therefore, please grant safe passage through the area controlled by your movement to these aid workers.

Sincerely yours,

Mačka Hajdu
Director
Department of Foreign Affairs
Cat-Herders United

Great Nortend
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Great Nortend » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:04 pm

GREAT NORTEND—The Duke of Limmes, Sir George Drachington—the Foreign Clerk—, Sir George Somerham and Sir Richard de Verr were in a well-appointed first-class compartment on the express service to St Christopher and Nevvings railway station. The four sat two-on-two, facing each other and were discussing the preparations to be made. Sir Richard held open on the floor a traditional red leather bag embossed with the words 'His Erbonian Majesty's Diplomatic Service', 'Diplomatic Bag' and 'Valise Diplomatique' in gold gilt lettering. There were a number of envelopes inside.

“So I am to deliver them all to the minister, Mr Thatcher, at Leozina?”

“Yes. They are to be taken to Mr Thatcher. As I said before, Mr Thatcher's legation is officially at Telinburg, however you are to take the letters to the house of a Mr Adrian Dobre. His address is printed on the card you have. I'm sure you are well acquainted with Posteastan, being one of His Majesty's Messengers so I need not remind you of the recent tumultuous events there.”

As the train drew into the station, Sir Richard snapped his bag shut, locked it with two locks. The four alighted and stood on the platform.

“Good day, My Lord, Mr Clerk, Sir George,” he said, bowing. “God save the King.”

LEOZINA—Sir Richard had little difficulty getting through Leozina Airport. Even though there was a crisis bordering on civil war, the staff at the airport at least did not dare risk contravening one of the fundamental principles of international diplomacy. Once the letters of introduction had been safely handed over to Mr Thatcher, His Erbonian Majesty's Envoy Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, the Nortan Government's plan, sprung into action.

Leozina was still one of the better-off cities in Posteastan, having mostly escaped the destructive bombings by the Northern Alliance, and though comparatively small when compared to Telinburg and the like, still had a functioning airport and society. Her people still had a semblance of normality, but a mist of gloom and poverty hung over her streets and houses. If the Royalists wanted to raise morale and establish a free Kingdom of Posteastan, they would need assistance. The plan was simple and threefold: organise the people loyal to the Royalist cause into a more professional armed militia, establish a corps of men and women loyal to the King to police and support the city, and through these means, raise morale, improve living standards and invigorate the people. Already, extra supplies were being flown in at great expense, paid for by Sir Alexander himself.

But first, Mr Thatcher needed to find Rasvan Luca, the de facto leader of the Royalist cause. Luckily, he knew right where to find him and so taking a letter of introduction from Sir Alexandru, he set off to advance his Government's agenda.

LENDERT—The letter from the Grand Duchy of Rivienland had been surprising but not too unexpected. Monarchs, after all, tended to stick together in times such as these. After calling an urgent meeting of the Privy Council, His Majesty's Foreign Office issued this reply—

His Erbonian Majesty's Foreign Office
ON HIS ERBONIAN MAJESTY'S SERVICE

To His Excellency the Ambassadour Extradordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Grand Duchy of Rivienland

Your Excellency,

I have the honour to refer to Your Excellency's letter relating to the distressing and most regrettable circumstances which have arisen in what was the Kingdom of Posteastan and share with you my sincere hopes for future partnership and friendship between our two states.

You are correct in that His Erbonian Majesty's Government has taken the view that the Monarchy of Posteastan must be reinstated for the establishment of stability and progress in Posteastan and its regions. I have the honour to evince to Your Excellency that His Erbonian Majesty would be pleased at any possible co-operation between the Grand Duchy and Great Nortend in relation to these efforts.

I have the honour to confirm to Your Excellency that since the regicide of King Carolu I, the Head of the Royal House of Bardi, the legitimate claimant to the Crown of Posteastan has resided in Hambria, which Your Excellency would know is a province of the Kingdom. Sir Alexander de Bardi, the present head, is a distinguished member of Erbonian society and is fully in support of the Royalist cause in Posteastan and has been advising the Erbonian Government on the best course of action to take.

The Erbonian Government has thus, in consultation with Sir Alexander and His Erbonian Majesty, established a plan of action, whereof the desired outcome is the re-establishment of the Kingdom of Posteastan with Sir Alexander as King of Posteastan. We are mindful of the difficulty in re-establishing the entirety of the Posteastan Kingdom, and thus are for now focussing our efforts on establishing support in Leozina. With enough support from the local people, we intend to have appointed by Sir Alexander a suitable man as Governor of Leozina. I have the honour to enclose futher details of our proposed plan.

If it is agreeable to the Government of the Grand Duchy of Rivienland, I have the honour to suggest to Your Excellency that our two nations remain in contact and immediately work together in this scheme, and in this confidence I avail myself of the opportunity to renew to Your Excellency the assurances of my highest consideration.

(Sgd.) G. L. J. DRACHINGTON

Sir George Drachington,
Secretary of State for Foreign and Welch Affairs

(Sgd.) L. M. P. CEVON

Sir Leslie Cevon
Permanent Under-Secretary for the Foreign Office

Last edited by Great Nortend on Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
News from Great Nortend : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417866
Diplomacy, Consulates &c. : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417865

This nation is an exaggerated representation of my personal views in most areas.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:52 am

Royal Palace, Citta del Re
His Majesty sat at his desk with the usual rounds of briefings, documents and whatnot. A buzz was heard from the intercom on his desk

"Altezza, Giani Gentile here to see you" a female voice informed

"Giani Gentile?"

"The vice-minister for the Ministry of Defense"

"Oh in that case send him in." the king instructed and the guards outside opened the door for the minister. Giani was a slim man, tallish, and in about his late 30s. He wore an buttoned grey suit and glasses, carrying a briefcase.

He bowed to his king "Your Majesty. I have some news you might find interesting." he sat down, but then stood right back up "Oh sorry, may I sit?"

"Of course Gentile. Now tell me, what is it that I might find so interesting?"

"Well, of course." opening his brief case Giani took out a folder and presented it to him "It's an interesting case. Some Romanian nation called Posteastan, it is in absolute turmoil, a factional free-for-all. But here's the best part, there is a royalist faction. Thought you'd like to hear about this: an opportunity to establish a monarchy, kill communists and end republicanism. Now I have been collecting and analyzing the situation over the past couple weeks, various nations picking various sides, this group attacking that group, humanitarian aid here and there. A pure shit show and we can get in on it."

The king rubbed his beard "Interesting indeed. However Gentile, I do not like this, I love it." Cleone smiled "A government that has allowed itself to be so divisive is weak and will not be strong enough to pick itself back up. Now is the most opportune time to support these royalists. Who is it by the way?"

"Oh, uh, his name is...let me find the sheet" Gentile scattered through the intel in search for the name "Ah! It's some pretender named Alexandru Bardi-de Leu. But he's currently in apparent exile in Great Nortend."

"Hmm. Haven't heard of him yet. But either way, have the FA draft letters of support, both to the pretender Great Nortend and the head of his support in Posteastan. And then go to Posteastan. Anyone can write a letter of support but nothing secures it more physical presence"

"FA? As in Foreign Affairs? We don't have that Your Majesty."

"WHAT? How can we not?"

"That's technically a subdivision of the Ministry of Defense. Your father's isolationist policies, the FA was absorbed and all but defunct. And since you rarely deal with things abroad, it never really came up."

"Oh yeah, that's right. Then allow me to officially reinstate it and congratulations."

"For what Your Majesty?"

"For the promotion as Grand Minister of Foreign Affairs. You and an adviser will be on a plane in two days' afternoon to dialogue with these royalists. And don't forget the letters."

Somewhat in shock with the sudden elevation and diplomatic mission, Gentile bowed and left the king's office and the intel as well.

His Majesty's Grand Ministry of Foreign Affairs
To: His Royal Highness Alexandru Bardi-de Leu

Your Highness, it excites us greatly of the situation present in your home country. Sad what is happening but happy for the opportunity, the opportunity to have you seated on the throne and be the father of your nation you were meant to be. We here in Lux Pulchrae will support however we can to ensure you are seated. Be it men, arms, propaganda, among other things. We understand that you are in Great Nortend at the moment and we will be sending a delegation to your royalist supporters in Leozina. If need be or if you'd like, we can send representatives to you as well. This letter is just a show of support, letting you know His Majesty Cleone d'Angeli IV fully recognizes the Kingdom of Posteastan.

Viva il Re! Avante a Dio!

Grand Minister of Foreign Affairs Giani Gentile, under His Majesty Cleone d'Angeli IV

His Majesty's Grand Ministry of Foreign Affairs
To: The Royalist Party

Greetings from the Kingdom of Lux Pulchrae. To whomever this may concern, this letter is an official recognition from the kingdom to government. We have sent one to Lord Bardi-de Leu as well. After some deliberation with His Majesty's court, we have agreed to support your cause however you see fit. Men, arms, propaganda, and more are at your disposal. We will be sending a delegation to discuss in person with you, and when you receive this letter, they should have be arrived by the next day. We hope and pray for good fortune and success in our mission with you.

Viva il Re! Avante a Dio!

Grand Minister of Foreign Affairs Giani Gentile, under His Majesty Cleone d'Angeli IV

Balagan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Balagan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:30 am

On the road to Roztechko

Faramir was reading. His feet compfortably resting on the dashboard he browesd through the pages of Fredrick Engels' [i]Marduk of Kassau – The Black Spartacus: A military history of the Gran Iberis Republic.[/i ]He spoke to Erdem whithoul looking at him or indeed taking his eyes from the pages. "Ever been to Iberis?" He asked. Erdem sight. "Yeah. Sold my wife to the fucking cannibals in Carosi and spend the money on a weekend with my mistress in Parsoh."Faramir nodded in approval. "Good call!" over the years his Balagani has become flawless, with only enough of an accent to remain interesting. "Menthi!" he said lifting his right hand with his thumb and index finger an inch apart from each other. "They were that close to getting out of the rat race." Erdem nodded, not sure what Faramir was talking about. "It was a turning point for me. You know? Back than I was thinking that the revolution must be exported…" Erdem sight and rolled his eyes but Faramir continued anyway. "I thought they should have send troops. Liberate the living daylight out of the…" Erdem interrupted his friend's speech with a cough. "You know what I mean." Faramir grinned. "The revolution needs the support of the masses. It cannot just be imported from elsewhere. It needs to be sustainable." Erdem yawned and there was a minute of silence. "Change of topic than?" Asked Faramir. "Women?" Proposed Erdem. Faramir shook his head: "Football!" Erdem nodded. "Remind me…" continued Faramir "Why are we not going to Leozina first? I need a 'Lions' jersey and those will be hard to find in Roztechko." Erdem smiled "I have heard the rumors about Leozina but the real action is going to take place in Roztechko. Trust me, this will be a great story."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents