NATION

PASSWORD

Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God [OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Fraction do you Support?

None
11%
Government
19%
Moralists
6%
Nationalists
13%
Royalists
19%
Renegades
18%
Seperatists
5%
Stateists
8%

Total votes : 213

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:14 am

Allanea wrote:To be clear, the way I understood it from previous posts - and from Posteastan's previous statements - there are a range of small runways around the country which had been before the many wars the country had undergone, been used by small aviation. These are the ones I posted about Allanea using... which is incidentally why I still have been only bringing in limited aid.

As I understand it, this new airfield is a new location, not any of the pre-existing ones, or at least a new expansion near an existing airfield.

I somewhat doubt it that Allaneans would be there.

If I misunderstood this, and it's an existing airfield, I suppose it's possible by Allaneans to smacked by the missiles. After all tragedies do happen in warfare.

The airport the IDS airplane landed at was indeed intended to be a new one constructed hastily by Construction Enterprises for the landing of military transport, not anything already existent. It is possible that an Allanean might have snuck in, but I don’t think there’s any reason for any of your people to have been killed in the missile strike.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:30 am

Allanea wrote:3. Posteastan has, at this point, one international-grade airport, which is lying in ruins and is a point of contention, and two major seaports, one held the government, and one by… the Renegades I believe?

I would have to cast doubt on this one. To the best of my knowledge and understanding, if the airport in Leozina is the one mentioned here as it is the only international airport, it is not under contention and has been taken over by the Royalist faction and has been for days maybe a couple of weeks. And I wouldd't use the word "ruins", sure the airport is damaged after some sabotage explosions by Karevka(wonder what happened to them), but saying it's in ruins conveys, in me, the image of a country like Syria or another where buildings are nothing but a pile of brick and dust, which the airport is not.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:37 am

Actually Kenmoria every effort has been made to mask the true identity of the origin of the missile attack on Roztechko. Otherwise I would be using my own missiles and not American ones with the serial numbers filed off. <.> So atm I don't think you can clearly state that those missiles are mine actually. <.>
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:40 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Allanea wrote:3. Posteastan has, at this point, one international-grade airport, which is lying in ruins and is a point of contention, and two major seaports, one held the government, and one by… the Renegades I believe?

I would have to cast doubt on this one. To the best of my knowledge and understanding, if the airport in Leozina is the one mentioned here as it is the only international airport, it is not under contention and has been taken over by the Royalist faction and has been for days maybe a couple of weeks. And I wouldd't use the word "ruins", sure the airport is damaged after some sabotage explosions by Karevka(wonder what happened to them), but saying it's in ruins conveys, in me, the image of a country like Syria or another where buildings are nothing but a pile of brick and dust, which the airport is not.

Is it currently in a state that's usable to regularly land at least a partial quantity of flights?

Specifically are there runways and ATC equipment in place?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 am

Allanea wrote:
Lux Pulchrae wrote:

Is it currently in a state that's usable to regularly land at least a partial quantity of flights?

Specifically are there runways and ATC equipment in place?

My reading was that it was functional, but severely limited. Like, if it had 4 runways before, maybe 1 is still in operation. Lux would have a far better idea though.

Fuel is also in very short supply, as would (I imagine) the technicians available to perform takeoff checks or stand around looking a bit daft with ping pong paddles.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:01 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Actually Kenmoria every effort has been made to mask the true identity of the origin of the missile attack on Roztechko. Otherwise I would be using my own missiles and not American ones with the serial numbers filed off. <.> So atm I don't think you can clearly state that those missiles are mine actually. <.>

Oops, the post has now been edited to state than an unknown nation committed the attack.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:06 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Actually Kenmoria every effort has been made to mask the true identity of the origin of the missile attack on Roztechko. Otherwise I would be using my own missiles and not American ones with the serial numbers filed off. <.> So atm I don't think you can clearly state that those missiles are mine actually. <.>

Oops, the post has now been edited to state than an unknown nation committed the attack.

Thank you.

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:13 am

A rudimentary control center has been set up by the engineers and technicians. Planes have been landed with a lot less before.

This is the in-canon layout of the airport. To suggest all of it is entirely useless and in ruins would be highly unlikely. If even a third of the runway was left, it'd be enough. Not much but enough.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:17 am

I could offer to rebuild the airport together with whomever else that are willing to cooperate, free of charge and with the only caveat that it will only be used for bringing in and distributing humanitarian aide without discrimination.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

MT/MagicT

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 am

Opinions of the current occupying force would have to heavily consider it.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:33 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Opinions of the current occupying force would have to heavily consider it.

Yeah understandbly. The following is my understanding of the state the airport was in immediately after you initiated an occupation of it:
Firefighting equipment gone
Fuel system disabled
Runways have craters in them (unsure where)
Buildings were shelled
ATC including radars gone
To what extent have you addressed these issues?
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

MT/MagicT

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:57 am

The control tower is gone, lost in the shelling. Part of the terminal is unusable as Karevka's main focus of attack was the terminal IIRC.

Fuel was recovered but very little. In anticipation of this auxiliary methods were approached, tankers were flown in and most planes were two ways. C-17s have more than enough fuel for these kinds of trips, they're made for them.

Due to the haste of which the previously occupying Karevkan forces, their sabotage efforts preformed less than expected, and a good amount of the runway is usable and in use. Gypsy asphalt crews are hard to come by, what little could be done on the runways has been done.

Danlina
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Danlina » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:35 pm

I wasn't able to post lately due to personal issues and I won't be posting frequently for some time now because of the same issues, but for the few times I will post I want (together with the Wrights and Rozen storyline) to take the tip that, if I remember correctly, Kenmoria gave to try and bring competition to Construction Enterprises, and I want to do so in the form of a company specializing in steelworks and energy solutions. I would also like to know if we take WA resolutions as some kind of international law in this RP.
Republic of Danlina

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Danlina wrote:I wasn't able to post lately due to personal issues and I won't be posting frequently for some time now because of the same issues, but for the few times I will post I want (together with the Wrights and Rozen storyline) to take the tip that, if I remember correctly, Kenmoria gave to try and bring competition to Construction Enterprises, and I want to do so in the form of a company specializing in steelworks and energy solutions. I would also like to know if we take WA resolutions as some kind of international law in this RP.

Posteaston is going to need a compendium for all the new headcanon everybody's making at this rate.

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:25 pm

Posteastan – The Logistics

I'm going to use my knowledge of logistics to summarize what I understand to be the logistics situation in Posteastan. I'd like it if Posteastan confirmed or denied the factual claims I'm going to make. They're based partly on his posts previous, and partly based on my knowledge of disaster relief.

1. Posteastan used to be a stereotypical Balkan/Eastern European country – in the sense it is poor, but there used to be electricity, phones, infrastructure, people had homes and food, rode cars and mass transit to work and not donkeys, etc.
2. Viiolence, domestic and international, has devastated this infrastructure.
3. Posteastan has, at this point, one international-grade airport, which is lying in ruins and is a point of contention, and two major seaports, one held the government, and one by… the Renegades I believe?
No, both are held more or less by the government. Oligarchs control them and they dislike eachother.
4. Posteastan is suffering from food shortages, which are probably not technically a famine per se, but are going there fast. There are also power blackouts, shortages of fuel of every kind, and an influenza epidemic.
Almost, though the times of no power exceed that of power in Kolvce.
5. Also present are some kind of minor airstrips throughout the country (RPed as being in use), and some kind of river ports in cities) (Posteastan, do I misinterpret anything). There sohlud also be a rail network, but nobody has bothered to use it yet.
Rail bidges are destroyed. So this is not of much use. So are road bridges but they have been repaired (called pot-holes IC)

This poses some restrictions on what we can do, as well as some ideas:

1. The only way to get supplies in is via relatively small aircraft (maximum of, say, 30 tons in one flight). This restricts aid pretty much to things that are pretty light-weight but super-useful (vaccines, for example). We can be airlifting food but it's going to be insanely difficult to get enough in unless we all work on it. (The WHO suggests that handing out money to people in famine area is swifter and better in terms of logistics in relieving some of the issues, but that is a bit controversial).
It might work fine (the money thing) as there actually IS food in Posteastan. Only it is too expensive.
2. In the long term, for the country to be rebuilt, it's necessary to use the ports. In the long run, given the behaviour of the government and the renegades, a peackeeper force might be necessary to control them).
3. Sailing stuff directly up the river is probably possible, either on LCACs or just on river freighters (which can still carry thousands of tons of stuff!), and really should be tried.
CHU are doing it for some time and have the biggest experience with the navigational hazards.
4. The rail. Is there rail? We've got to talk about the rail, because managed properly it's pretty great for humanitarian relief (trains are a lot less vulnerable than people think, except to someone setting an explosive off directly under the train itself).
Someone has to repair the bridges and the tracks but there was a rail

If it's not putting too much on your plate Post, which of the faction would be best to attack. From my understanding almost every town in the province has been taken under royalist control and it is now time to start operating extra-provinciam, out of the province. Obviously after counsel with Nortend. Royalists need to expand.

In order of fighting power
1. Renegades (3)
2. Stateists (7)
3. Government (4)
4. Nationalists (8)
5. Kolvce (9)
6. former Moralists (5)

Defeating Statists or the Renegades in open battle is unlikely. They have good moral and good equipment now. Kolvce and Mierbozia are the weakest because they are already under attack. If the Government really have full Kjalaaran backing they are capable of dealing with all other groups at once. I would really like to see some more action at home from those keen for military adventurism in a worthless nation that even if annexed will only cause costs for centuries.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:29 pm

If only there was someone in this thread with an extensive knowledge of railroads and their repair...

At any rate.

One last question: Do I understand correctly that the government freely accepts aid shipments into the ports?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:47 pm

Allanea wrote:If only there was someone in this thread with an extensive knowledge of railroads and their repair...

At any rate.

One last question: Do I understand correctly that the government freely accepts aid shipments into the ports?

Valaska? Yes, ports, airports everything.

Danlina
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Danlina » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:22 pm

But does Valaska accept aid shipments even if it isn’t meant for government-held provinces?
And I need an answer about the WA resolutions and if they are considered international law
Last edited by Danlina on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Danlina

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:11 am

How lucky is this? I have located an exerpt from a popular (well...) railway enthusiast newsletter published in Caracasus. It's a little out of date, so Posteastan may need to note what city connections are still useable or active and how much of the rolling stock remains.

Posteastan railway companies were consolidated and nationalized in the early 60's in an attempt to standardize both timetables and ticket prices as well as mounting maintainence costs trackside. Due to Posteastan's beautiful but very varied topography, Posteastan railines present more examples of embankments, tunnels, cuttings and viaducts than most other nations. Of particular interest is the Latzby-Holmhmer Viaduct, a masterpiece of late industrial brickwork exemplifying at the time cutting edge developments in butress architecture and weather resistent mortar.

Posteastan today boasts a reasonably expansive passenger network, with branchlines and mainlines linking most cities and towns. However due to pressure from road freight companies, the newly nationalized railway company did not invest in the rolling stock or specialist station architecture required for significant freight useage. Until the late 80's when developments in valvue regulation and local pressure distribution storage, the network was used to freight liquid gas. The rolling stock was sold off or remains in sidings, rusting.

Posteastan utilizes a 9 guage track system, fairly rare in the world. For that reason the majority of its locomotive and rolling stock has traditionally been manufactured by Pytstim Diesil Electric. Plans in the 90's to electrify the rail network were restructured and eventually dropped. Today Posteastan maintains a fleet of deisil locomotives both inter and inner city lines.

Noteable locomotives include the Model 24 Balldur diesil locomotive, though perfectly serviceable model 12's can be found in use on innercity railinks and short branch lines as their relative lack of speed is no hinderence.

Passenger stock usually includes the updated Oroborus passenger carriage. This was considered a distinct improvement on its predecessor following complaints that the doors would often fall open at high speeds.

Trainspotters should be on the lookout for the great Jolbon steam locomotive, a pinnacle of engineering of its type. This locomotive is technically owned by the government and its highly luxurious rolling stock is often used to entertain foreign dignitaries as it tours the unspoilt forests of the Northern provinces.

Please don't assume I have detailed knowledge of this sort of stuff. I got caught in a wiki loop.
Last edited by Caracasus on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Great Nortend
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Great Nortend » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:45 am

Oh; is the railway out of use? I had contemplated sending the Keilermoorish alms by rail. It seems my latets posts suggest hundreds of wounded in Rostechko, which is the impression I got from Posteastan's PM.
News from Great Nortend : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417866
Diplomacy, Consulates &c. : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417865

This nation is an exaggerated representation of my personal views in most areas.

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:35 am

What territory or ground does each country or company ha e control of/ influence of in posteaston?

what does construction enterprises own?

what alliances exist atm?

Schwarzenfels
Secretary

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Schwarzenfels » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:19 am

Kaystein wrote:What territory or ground does each country or company ha e control of/ influence of in posteaston?

what does construction enterprises own?

what alliances exist atm?

Sekundiert! I have no idea anymore who is fighting for what and why. I think I ended up supporting the government mostly because Kenmoria was a bit isolated there. I have no idea which governments I have recognized and which not. Officially the Nationalists but technically the statists and the old government as well.
This is what I think is going on at the moment:

Royalists (Kingdom of Posteastan)
Party: Royalist Party
Recognized by: Lux Pulchrae
Supporters: Great Nortend, Lux Pulchrae, Rivienland, (Keilersmoor)

Stateists (They have a different name now)
Party: RDSU
Recognized by: -
Supporters: Schwarzenfels, Grantonlatis?, Formerly: (Uan aa Boa, Karevka, Union of Albandrite Socialist Republics)

Telinburg Government (Republic of Posteastan)
Recognized by: (Allanea), Cat-Herders United, Danlina, Kenmoria, Kjalaara, Balagan, Great Oehiton, Parsoh
Supporters: (Allanea), Kenmoria, Kjalaara, Schwarzenfels, Parsoh

Renegades (Federal Republic of Posteastan)
Supporters: -

Nationalists (Confederacy of Posteastan)
Party: Patriotic Block
Recognized by: Schwarzenfels
Supporters: Schwarzenfels, Munnius

Seperatists (Kolvce Free State)
Supporters: Cat-Herders United, Ninawa

Moralists (Christian Nation of Posteastan)
Recognized by: Currently overrun by the statists?
Supporters: Allanea

Allanea
Mostly fights against the government and their supporters. Is at war with Posteastan.
Recognized by: All
Supporters: Rupudska, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Danlina

Forest
Is debating stuff and fights against the government too. Is more or less officially at war with Posteastan.
Recognized by: All
Supporters: Rivienland?, Cat-Herders United, Caracasus, Uan aa Boa, Balagan?, Great Oehiton? Keilersmoor

Two alliances have declared war on the Telinburg government: Allanea and Forest. One by bombing the survivors of the war the other by a one-sided blockade against the government. Both alliances do not work together in their war against Valaska. I have the impression that both alliances would deny it but they are exclusively fighting against Telinburg with military means. Both imperialist alliances are anti-imperialist in their rhetoric.

There are three mercenary armies in Posteastan now. One is loyal to Kenmoria the other two are roaming free. Some of the nations above have only made one-liners and have disappeared. I took the liberty not to list ISIS.

Schwarzenfels
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Schwarzenfels » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:22 am

Orange: Government control, These areas are under control of the Telinburg government. The administration is payed for by Telinburg. Hospitals, schools, public transport and all such things are working at a reduced effectivity but are still existent somewhere in the province. Orange provinces pay their taxes to Telinburg and even though they might not have a presence in the province the National Guard can pass through unhindered.

Purple: Rebel control, These provinces are under control of a rebel organization. They are responsible for keeping the province up and running. No government supplies come in and no taxes go out. While the rebel groups have set up courts, prisons and boot camps things like schools, public transport and waste disposal are neglected. Technically these areas are still part of Posteastan. Martial law has not been declared for these regions yet. The administration has mixed loyalties.

Red: Renegade Control, These areas are off limits. Martial law has been declared and every access is blocked by the National Guard. Czech hedgehogs, land mines and other legal and illegal means of stopping advancing troops are in place both sides of the border. The government has changed completely, the administration has been purged and wealth redistributed. It is not possible to travel to this part of the nation legally.

Disputed: In the disputed provinces government structures exist parallel to those of opposition groups. While the provinces still pay taxes and receive government money Opposition groups have set up their own legal system, their own policing and distribute welfare. There is hostility of the different groups towards each other but not necessarily violence.

Law and Order:
In these territories Law and Order prevail. To an extent. There is a structure of governemtent, a police force and the National Guard is present in this areas. Their most distinguishing feature is that trade is still taking place on a large scale and most goods are available everywhere for a high price. Borders to the renegade province are heavily guarded.

Armed Rebellion: An armed rebellion is taking place in these territories. Government troops and rebel groups are engaged in firefights. Economic action is reduced and refugees leave these places. Borders to the renegade province are only blocked from the renegade side.

Revolution: An abrupt change in the form of misgovernment has taken place. The central government has no authority and no influence in this provinces any more. Internally it is stable and well organized. Externally it is cut off from the rest of Posteastan.

Dissent: Open rejection of the government is voiced on many occasions. Demonstrations and riots have taken place. Significant parts of the population distrust the central administration and feel neglected.[/quote]
Last edited by Schwarzenfels on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Schwarzenfels
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Schwarzenfels » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:23 am

This is awesome! It has to go here!

Keilersmore
Keilersmoor has acted mostly political. We have donated money and material to the Royalists that can be used in the way it was intended to be used or abused as military support. Now that I think about it I have not made a post about the wares being send on their way to Great Nortend.

We have taken a stand against fascism and we are working on a unified Forest approach to the problem even though we are more or less open about favoring the Royalists and the Renegades over all other fractions as they have the best human rights track record at the moment. Which is about to change with the killing of communists.

We have not send any troops anywhere and there is no mandate to do so at the moment. Without a mandate from Forest it would be more or less illegal for Kelersmoor to participate in a war against Posteastan.

Caracasus
Caracasus was responsible for negotiating the various peace settlements after the Ohiton war and overseeing the investigations into Postestan war crimes. These were unsuccessful.

Caracasusian positions vary widely. Most of the country is broadly behind the unified Forest approach with the caveat that a fascist power cannot be negotiated with. Most would see this as a simple statement of fact than a political statement. There's a broad lack of interest across the country as in the grand sceme of things Postestan is a very small part of a chapter that most Caracasusians would rather forget. This will change if things become worse.

Caracasus is supplying aid with a focus on farming equipment and reconstruction supplies over just food and medicine. However there's not yet a mechanism to distribute it.

A faction of Caracasusian International Obervations is feeding info on the Syndicate and trying to also destabilize their operations. At present their motives are unclear but they are operating outside the required oversight.

A Caracasusian is arming and training a militia of some description in North Postestan. How and why are unclear.

Caracasus has deployed remote observation submarines secretly in nearby waters. It has openly sent a couple of warships to contribute to a fleet that currently has the very open remit of probably stopping an all out invasion. Maybe.

Caracasus will try to reach a diplomatic agreement. They do not recognise the current government and have recently stated that the government itself is a protofascist movement.

Danlina
Officially Danlina hasn't sided with any of the factions, although behind the scenes a rogue intelligence agency led by ambassadori minister Katerin Rozen is operating an espionage web all over Posteasten and trying to gain Valaska's trust. Rozen has active agents reaching out to the syndicate and other undercover agents trying to infiltrate major powers all over Posteastan, though still unsuccessfully. Rozen herself is currently being interrogated about said agency, but her agents are still active.

On the official side, prime minister Samuel Robinson is reaching out to other nations, primarily Allanea, to fight slavery in Posteastan as a way to enforce Danlina's image as a humanitarian nation and to gain political power in the region.

Uan aa Boa
Uan aa Boa's priority is to put diplomatic pressure on the Kenmorian company Construction Enterprises, the oligarchs such as Mirela Contin, the Syndicate, the official government and the relationships between them. We allege that what's going on is essentially asset stripping designed to put the participants in control of the country's post-conflict economy and that international capitalist forces have manufactured the conflict in order to allow that to happen. We're demanding the resignation of the President and an end to all foreign interference.

We have also been trying to prevent other socialist countries supporting the Statist faction, suspecting all along that they have potential fascist tendencies.

We want to deliver aid but we don't really have an effective way of doing it. Our naval force is cooperating with Caracasus, Allanea and others in patrolling for trafficking of people.

Despite our hostility to military intervention we will not stand by and watch fascists come to power.

Cat-Herders United
So far, the government of Cat-Herders United has been focused on delivering humanitarian aid to the Kolvce area, but our communist party has infiltrated the effort with armed and dangerous operatives, and now there is an organization of volunteers trying to get arms and fighters into Kolvce (which the government has only recently started to support covertly). However, up to now we still recognize the Telinburg government and have yet to recognize the Kolvce Free State.

The government has stationed its navy near Posteastan to join the blockade of slave ships, but these will end up supporting our intervention on the side of the Kolvce Free State in the near future.

Schwarzenfels
Giving moral support to the nationalists and encouraging their (temporal) alliance with the stateists. Now sending weapons to both groups.

Kenmoria
Kenmoria has been in contact with Niculai Valaska, who asked them to send a company in order to fix the infrastructure, as well as send humanitarian aid. The humanitarian aid has been sent via Roztechko and this program has been continuing until the latest post. On the other hand, Construction Enterprises were contacted by the Syndicate to give them money in exchange for safety and security of the workers. Over time this relationship became one wherein the Syndicate were doing the company’s dirty work such as killing trade unionists.

This has caused considerable controversy by other nations, which has spurned Construction Enterprises to invest further in security as well as build the telecommunications line, wired and wireless, in order to detect possible dissent.

Union of Albandrite Socialist Republics
Initially we supported the Stateists out of a belief they would be a force able of bringing modern industrial capitalism to the nation. A crucial step in setting up a proletarian movement and our intention was to use the resources we put into building up their nation to fuel that movement. However, upon the realization of the genocide of supposed Communists, the UASR retracted their support. Now we have an army in the waters, with no orders and no position in the war. It is a diplomatic nightmare on our end

Rivienland
Unofficially, the government of Rivienland has been trying to find out if supporting the Royalists in Posteastan is possible. Generally, the government hopes that Posteastan can be molded into a fellow monarchy to assist in future diplomatic endeavors, especially with the strong socialist position in Forest. To this end, Foreign Affairs has made contact with the government of Great Nortend, and Sir Alexander. With Sir Alexander's reply, Rivienland will eventually send a small delegation to gather more information (thought it will be a little bit before that post comes out).

Officially, Rivienland has promised, but has not sent any aid yet. Primarily, the Forest summit has become their main focus as to, hopefully, either convince Forest to support a Royalist restoration, or prevent an official socialist position.

Honestly, as can probably be seen, I am trying not to get too spread out IC, because of having a limited time to RP. Hopefully, I will be just sticking to the Forest summit, Royalist meetings, and any diplomatic communications. I might try to get the occasional worldbuilding post out to paint a better picture of what the domestic opinion is of the Posteastan Crisis within Rivienland. Otherwise, I am really enjoying this RP, and reading about all the interesting stories taking place!

Lux Pulchrae
Lux Pulchrae backed the Royalists and is now working in tandem with Great Nortend to strengthen the movement. Our first conflict was with the airport which we've managed to secure and are now flying in supplies. There are several routes that could work out as we continue to network and branch out. Apparently these Posteastanis follow orders vehemently and to the letter as they've began rounding up commies. That's the gist of it.

Schwarzenfels
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Schwarzenfels » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:25 am

I think I have to withdraw from the RP sooner or later. I am not able to follow what is going on and I have read all OOC and IC posts and this takes a lot of time. I also had to break character on several occasions just to be able to keep going.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents