NATION

PASSWORD

Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God [OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Fraction do you Support?

None
11%
Government
19%
Moralists
6%
Nationalists
13%
Royalists
19%
Renegades
18%
Seperatists
5%
Stateists
8%

Total votes : 213

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:01 am

Fairly important point here is that no Forestian nation has declared war on Posteastan.

Currently several Forestian nations broadly support a naval force ensuring weapons and soldiers aren't allowed entry into the country and Cat Herders has some volunteers in country fighting for the Kolve sepratists but that is it.
Last edited by Caracasus on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:26 am

I need to clarify that Forest has not declared war on anyone since that's not really how we roll. We have a sort of collective position that says aid is good and troop deployments are bad and we deployed a naval task force to try to prevent other people being stupid, but the various nations prefer different factions or none at all and many are acting unilaterally to pursue their own agenda.

Schwarzenfels
Secretary

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Schwarzenfels » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:35 am

Just for my better understanding. You only block the government. All other groups get their soldiers and equipment flown in. So technically you side with the royalists, statists and nationalists against the government. This is just how I understand the RP. I am asking this question because I can't follow all the action. From how I understood the situation there was the threat of military action against the government's reinforcements: Isn't that the standard procedure to declare war? I ask this only as a player. I have problems understanding my own actions and I cannot follow the logic of all what is happening.

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:47 am

The blockade was intended to be fairly evenly applied, though Uan aa Boa and Caracasus have been highly critical of the government. Uan aa Boa has also been trying to stop other Leftist nations supporting the Stateist faction, while Rivienland and Keilersmoor had royalist sympathies, though the latter has renounced them on realising fascist nations were also supporting them. Meanwhile Cat Herders United has been covertly armed the Separatists, though I don't think anyone else knows about that IC. There really isn't a unified position, though I think we'd all be resolutely anti-fascist.

Keilersmoor
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Keilersmoor » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:56 am

Uan aa Boa wrote:The blockade was intended to be fairly evenly applied, though Uan aa Boa and Caracasus have been highly critical of the government. Uan aa Boa has also been trying to stop other Leftist nations supporting the Stateist faction, while Rivienland and Keilersmoor had royalist sympathies, though the latter has renounced them on realising fascist nations were also supporting them. Meanwhile Cat Herders United has been covertly armed the Separatists, though I don't think anyone else knows about that IC. There really isn't a unified position, though I think we'd all be resolutely anti-fascist.

I agree. There might be a miscommunication but as far as I understand it we are all using a 'minimal force' policy. There is a naval blockade because it can be done without killing people. Ships can block ships and damage each other without shooting. If there would be a no-fly zone Forest jets had to shoot down incoming flights which would lead to dead soldiers. Something that might follow in the future. We are not taking sides.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:56 am

This talk of declerations of war gives me a few ideas.

During the Malay conflict, there was some effort to stop it being labeled a war as to do so would mean that several companies operating there would potentially find themselces uninsured.

Could be an angle worth exploring to be honest. Not very relavent for me though.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:11 am

Keilersmoor wrote:
Uan aa Boa wrote:The blockade was intended to be fairly evenly applied, though Uan aa Boa and Caracasus have been highly critical of the government. Uan aa Boa has also been trying to stop other Leftist nations supporting the Stateist faction, while Rivienland and Keilersmoor had royalist sympathies, though the latter has renounced them on realising fascist nations were also supporting them. Meanwhile Cat Herders United has been covertly armed the Separatists, though I don't think anyone else knows about that IC. There really isn't a unified position, though I think we'd all be resolutely anti-fascist.

I agree. There might be a miscommunication but as far as I understand it we are all using a 'minimal force' policy. There is a naval blockade because it can be done without killing people. Ships can block ships and damage each other without shooting. If there would be a no-fly zone Forest jets had to shoot down incoming flights which would lead to dead soldiers. Something that might follow in the future. We are not taking sides.

Tbh it's my honest opinion right now that in regards to IDS vessels being given free passage through the blockade without inspection there should be some self-introspection regarding how this has come to happen. Right now I cannot say the Monarchy's confidence in this blockade is very high if troop transports are being let through like this. The Monarchy would also like to strongly condemn the bewilderingly arch-bellicose statements from Kjalåara but I'm refraining because I want my involvement to be a secret until otherwise.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Keilersmoor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Keilersmoor » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:13 am

Caracasus wrote:This talk of declerations of war gives me a few ideas.

During the Malay conflict, there was some effort to stop it being labeled a war as to do so would mean that several companies operating there would potentially find themselces uninsured.

Could be an angle worth exploring to be honest. Not very relavent for me though.

This is funny I thought about labeling the conflict officially as a war in order not to have to pay compensation to Corruption Enterprises.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Caracasus wrote:This talk of declerations of war gives me a few ideas.

Oh hello!

An opportunity for me to talk about insurance!

So, insurance and wars.

Most companies typically do not have any manner of wartime insurance. A war, rebellion, and several other kind of emergencies have a tendency to void most insurance contracts, and most contracts in general.

But.

The caveat to this is that it's possible to have war insurance, or as it is sometimes called in the insurance industry, "war and terrorism insurance" or "political violence insurance". It's feasible to me that a company that, like Construction Enterprises, which seems to make its money in war zones as part of its business plans, would have probably made provisions for this.

However, this still doesn't mean that there's not going to be trouble for the company. Many insurers reserve the right to review your insurance contract if the risks you're exposed to change drastically (say, if a new war starts). This makes a lot of sense, since an insurance policy is basically a lottery in reverse – it only makes money for the insurer if the risk is low enough that it makes more from the premiums than it pays out in compensations – increase the risk for Construction Enterprises, and its premiums will increase.

The exact terms of how this affects the company would probably depend on Kenmoria's internal politics, legal system, and the particulars of CE's contract.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Kaystein wrote:Moralists (people with some standard of morals and ethics): 8% of overall support

The actual government: 12% support

Renegades (traffickers, murderers, rapists, criminals, etc.): 27%

Glad to see the international NS community has its priorities straight. Here I was worried about how to explain my country's lack of historical diplomacy ICly. But I can just claim my country sees everybody else as batshit insane and it's a legitimate reason.

I'll write up my first post tomorrow.

We're still deciding.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:35 pm

just a quick synopsis of what's going in my recent posts for Post's sake:
1. Gentile and d'Umbra are still at the Villi Conference(will there be a response to that?)
2.The remaining "brass" at the airport have sent an invitation to Telinburg "President" Nina Neacsu to a diplomatic meeting between the two factions
3. Things are being discussed with Great Nortend

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:07 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:1. Gentile and d'Umbra are still at the Villi Conference(will there be a response to that?)

How would you like to play that? It looked to me as if the visit had crashed and burned majorly. The Boani delegation will certainly now pretty much ignore the representatives from Lux, mainly through a no platform philosophy but also because Pula has decided she doesn't take them seriously. It does at least mean she doesn't think them primarily responsible for the anti-communist purges, but she won't be getting into a debate on the differences between Italian fascism and actual Nazism.

Re Kenmoria's latest - I like it. Journalists from The Rifle, Hoe and Sun are packing their bags as we speak.

Kjalaara
Envoy

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kjalaara » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Are the Boani and Caracasus ships now in the ports with us?
List of nations currently considered enemies.

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Kjalaara wrote:Are the Boani and Caracasus ships now in the ports with us?

Not if we can avoid it - I'm assuming naval ships can ride out the storm without being in danger?

Kjalaara
Envoy

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kjalaara » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Uan aa Boa wrote:

Not if we can avoid it - I'm assuming naval ships can ride out the storm without being in danger?

That depends on the storm but it is not necessarily safer in a port.
List of nations currently considered enemies.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:14 pm

Uan aa Boa wrote:How would you like to play that? It looked to me as if the visit had crashed and burned majorly. The Boani delegation will certainly now pretty much ignore the representatives from Lux, mainly through a no platform philosophy but also because Pula has decided she doesn't take them seriously. It does at least mean she doesn't think them primarily responsible for the anti-communist purges, but she won't be getting into a debate on the differences between Italian fascism and actual Nazism.

Re Kenmoria's latest - I like it. Journalists from The Rifle, Hoe and Sun are packing their bags as we speak.

there's still Gentile's response to Marrick that has to be answered, even if just to dismiss them, which would no doubt anger both of them even more. To not take a nation seriously would be worthy of a consequence to have that nation do something worthy of attention (e.g. Nazi Germany, I know terrible example, but it's the only one I could think of, please bear with me.) Not saying I'm going to do anything, but just as a reminder. No one took them seriously and they ended up taking most of Western Europe. The lack of debate, and communication in general, is what amplifies most conflicts, as there's no platform for reasoning between two arguing parties, much of what the Forest council is doing.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Uan aa Boa wrote:

If they're submarines, certainly. If they're surface vessels, depends on the storm's intensity and their size.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:30 pm

It depends also on the location - the open ocean is somewhat safer than coastal areas, since the open ocean does not have anything for you to get smashed, beached, etc. on - and all of this of course assuming the ship is in a proper state of maintenance and the crew knows what they're doing.

[In other words, for large ships, being out in the ocean is more or less safe, but you can roleplay a horrible accident if you want to.]
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:57 pm

I think this is supposed to be quite a big storm... but I think yeah, staying well clear of it would be an option.

Cliffs were mentioned in conjunction with the harbor earlier, which suggests according to all 5 mins research I did on Google it might be the kind of port or harbor you want in a very bad storm.

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:21 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Tbh it's my honest opinion right now that in regards to IDS vessels being given free passage through the blockade without inspection there should be some self-introspection regarding how this has come to happen. Right now I cannot say the Monarchy's confidence in this blockade is very high if troop transports are being let through like this.

That introspection has been happening among the Boani command. Their naval force was small because it was simply the vessels that were closest when it all kicked off a long way from home. They found themselves staring down the full force of a belligerent naval power that was acting (by its own IC admission) unpredictably and threatening nuclear war. The choice was to back down or go for symbolic martyrdom and and the risk of war in exchange for... what? Posteastan remains a strategically insignificant country in which every faction is equally repellent. Uan aa Boa isn't going to war over it. If Posteastan was Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea, Eritrea or any other scenario where they could see a preferred outcome things would be different, but not for this clusterfuck.

As a consolation prize, they'll settle for footage of a ship of mercenaries threatening a peacekeeping force. It's far more about applying pressure to the agents of imperio-capitalism.
Last edited by Uan aa Boa on Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:32 am

Sorry for the delays to my posting. I should be able to RP in the evening after I get home from work. I got distracted tonight. Got to sleep now.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:50 am

Uan aa Boa wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Tbh it's my honest opinion right now that in regards to IDS vessels being given free passage through the blockade without inspection there should be some self-introspection regarding how this has come to happen. Right now I cannot say the Monarchy's confidence in this blockade is very high if troop transports are being let through like this.

That introspection has been happening among the Boani command. Their naval force was small because it was simply the vessels that were closest when it all kicked off a long way from home. They found themselves staring down the full force of a belligerent naval power that was acting (by its own IC admission) unpredictably and threatening nuclear war. The choice was to back down or go for symbolic martyrdom and and the risk of war in exchange for... what? Posteastan remains a strategically insignificant country in which every faction is equally repellent. Uan aa Boa isn't going to war over it. If Posteastan was Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea, Eritrea or any other scenario where they could see a preferred outcome things would be different, but not for this clusterfuck.

As a consolation prize, they'll settle for footage of a ship of mercenaries threatening a peacekeeping force. It's far more about applying pressure to the agents of imperio-capitalism.

Yeah this is broadly in keeping with the Caracasusian view on the situation, though there's the added complication that Caracasus has tried to broker peace in Posteastan before and it went rather badly wrong.

EDIT: OK post up. Apologies trying to keep on top of this may have missed stuff. Lemme know.
Last edited by Caracasus on Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keilersmoor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Keilersmoor » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:05 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Uan aa Boa wrote:How would you like to play that? It looked to me as if the visit had crashed and burned majorly. The Boani delegation will certainly now pretty much ignore the representatives from Lux, mainly through a no platform philosophy but also because Pula has decided she doesn't take them seriously. It does at least mean she doesn't think them primarily responsible for the anti-communist purges, but she won't be getting into a debate on the differences between Italian fascism and actual Nazism.

there's still Gentile's response to Marrick that has to be answered, even if just to dismiss them, which would no doubt anger both of them even more. To not take a nation seriously would be worthy of a consequence to have that nation do something worthy of attention (e.g. Nazi Germany, I know terrible example, but it's the only one I could think of, please bear with me.) Not saying I'm going to do anything, but just as a reminder. No one took them seriously and they ended up taking most of Western Europe. The lack of debate, and communication in general, is what amplifies most conflicts, as there's no platform for reasoning between two arguing parties, much of what the Forest council is doing.

That's one way to look at it. Another would be that the Munich Betrayal was a primary reason for WWII. If Nazis and their than ally Poland were not allowed to invade and annex parts of Czechoslovakia things could have turned out much different. But we best leave that topic to Harry Turtledove and focus on our own problems in today's Posteastan.

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:30 am

React to the assault on the Syndicate
Some more deathship hints(it has to wait)
Fractions reaction to Allanea's diplomacy
Assassination attempt on president
Naval bombardment of national guard
[voided]! (Good, that saves me some time)
Lux Pulchrae and the tightening of discipline Thanks
The coming storm
Wright Takeover
And don't forget me! I need some replies too. The international community is very welcome to participate in this interaction too. The communication was public.
Exclusion Zone
More naval bombardment
Diplomacy

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:33 am

Danlina wrote:But does Valaska accept aid shipments even if it isn’t meant for government-held provinces?
And I need an answer about the WA resolutions and if they are considered international law

Help is accepted from all sides. It is simply not possible to keep the nation running without help.
In my opinion WA is binding for WA nations. Though that is to be decided by the players if their nations are WA or not. Other than that follow Allanea's lead. They declare the stuff they like to international law and back this claim up with bombers. This is more or less how it is done. There is a human rights court in Keilersmoor so they might have some authority on what is international law too but other than that I can't really say. The nations involved are not too likely to sign the same treaties.

Lux Pulchrae wrote:just a quick synopsis of what's going in my recent posts for Post's sake:
1. Gentile and d'Umbra are still at the Villi Conference(will there be a response to that?)
2.The remaining "brass" at the airport have sent an invitation to Telinburg "President" Nina Neacsu to a diplomatic meeting between the two factions
3. Things are being discussed with Great Nortend

This is very helpful. Thank you. I read all the stuff but sometimes I forget some of the events that need addressing so a small reminder is very good.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents