NATION

PASSWORD

Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God [OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Fraction do you Support?

None
11%
Government
19%
Moralists
6%
Nationalists
13%
Royalists
19%
Renegades
18%
Seperatists
5%
Stateists
8%

Total votes : 213

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:53 pm

*reading some of the admittedly elaborate and power-wankish posts in the IC

(yeah I know it's an old meme)

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:*reading some of the admittedly elaborate and power-wankish posts in the IC

(Image)
(yeah I know it's an old meme)

Was that my post?
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:49 pm

No, not necessarily, but a lot of posts here and NS in general. The usual "best of this" "strongest military, best soldiers" "super stealthy ninja commandos" "coolest tacticool tech ever" and all that. I, usually, don't mind it but it can cause one to roll their eyes sometimes.

Especially here, where even Posteastan has admitted that the country is literally nothing. It has no absolute value other than target practice. So boasting isn't really necessary. But I'm not stopping anyone, do what you like. It was just my two-cents.
Last edited by Lux Pulchrae on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Moralists (people with some standard of morals and ethics): 8% of overall support

The actual government: 12% support

Renegades (traffickers, murderers, rapists, criminals, etc.): 27%

Glad to see the international NS community has its priorities straight. Here I was worried about how to explain my country's lack of historical diplomacy ICly. But I can just claim my country sees everybody else as batshit insane and it's a legitimate reason.

I'll write up my first post tomorrow.
Last edited by Kaystein on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:44 pm

Who of you is genuinely delivering humanitarian aid to all sides, without discrimination? Please report in!

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:55 pm

I'm not sure.

Allaneans have been descirbed delivering food and humanitarian aid and vaccines nearly anywhere, perhaps except where Jomsvikingar and Renegades are (I've not yet communicated with them, and they appear to be as bad as the Syndicate), pending:

1 . The possibility of landing C-130s or similar aircraft.
2. Presence of people willing to cooperate with us (many forms of humanitarian aid require cooperation and not just giving people things).
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:07 am

Yup. Food, medicine, construction and agricultural tools/seed crops
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:30 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:For clarification, my most recent post, about the response to Caracasus, was co-written with Kjalåra, I haven’t just taken control of the Kjalåran commander.

It would certainly be interesting to see how the different brands of Capitalism interact, whether on the same side or in opposition.

Kenmoria would you terribly mind to have your airport in Roztechko be on the receiving end of some two dozen Tomahawks? <.<
Edit: The post is posted but is non-canon until you tell me what you think of it. :3
I have no issue with that post. Tomohawks away! :)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:55 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:No, not necessarily, but a lot of posts here and NS in general. The usual "best of this" "strongest military, best soldiers" "super stealthy ninja commandos" "coolest tacticool tech ever" and all that. I, usually, don't mind it but it can cause one to roll their eyes sometimes.

Especially here, where even Posteastan has admitted that the country is literally nothing. It has no absolute value other than target practice. So boasting isn't really necessary. But I'm not stopping anyone, do what you like. It was just my two-cents.

Indeed. For instance, Caracasusian opinion is likely to shift quite a bit after one elected commander went for recklessly endangering everyone where a more reasonable and measured approach was called for.

It'll be really interesting to watch the governments of various nations attempt to justify a massive naval showdown and potential war over Posteastan.

One thing I'm trying with this to add a bit of randomness and sheer human faliability is using coin flips and dice rolls on pre determined criteria. It really helps I've found because otherwise you run the risk of everyone in your nation unquestionably working towards the same goal.

E.g. I am gonna roll a dice before my next post to figure out what happens to my naval task force. I reckon 1 would be complete withdrawal following protests and referendums, 2-4 cut back significantly and protests and 5-6 no significant change.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:08 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Kenmoria would you terribly mind to have your airport in Roztechko be on the receiving end of some two dozen Tomahawks? <.<
Edit: The post is posted but is non-canon until you tell me what you think of it. :3
I have no issue with that post. Tomohawks away! :)

Roger thank you.

Edit: Apparently there's been some confusion over which exact airfield I shot nearly three dozen land attack missiles at. It's the one from this quote:
Kenmoria wrote:Luckily, the temporary runway at Roztechko was finished, and would be able to support an aeroplane landing with a reasonably low chance of failure. Therefore, a plane was sent from Kenmoria filled with soldiers ready to land and begin their way to Pibtsy, where some expansion of Government-controlled areas could begin.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:12 am

Kenmoria wrote: I have no issue with that post. Tomohawks away! :)

Roger thank you.

Edit: Apparently there's been some confusion over which exact airfield I shot nearly three dozen land attack missiles at. It's the one from this quote:
Kenmoria wrote:Luckily, the temporary runway at Roztechko was finished, and would be able to support an aeroplane landing with a reasonably low chance of failure. Therefore, a plane was sent from Kenmoria filled with soldiers ready to land and begin their way to Pibtsy, where some expansion of Government-controlled areas could begin.

That's the only one in Roztechko. Everybody delivering aid by air has to use that one.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:13 am

Posteastan wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Roger thank you.

That's the only one in Roztechko. Everybody delivering aid by air has to use that one.

It is to my understanding Kenmoria erected a new one?

MT/MagicT

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 am

Posteastan wrote:

It is to my understanding Kenmoria erected a new one?

Yes, the first and only one. There were two or so old ones but they went up in smoke during the war.
Last edited by Posteastan on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 am

Posteastan wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:It is to my understanding Kenmoria erected a new one?

Yes, the first and only one.

Kenmoria wrote:However, a rudimentary runway could easily be established in some nearby fields not yet converted into Construction Enterprises’s industrial property, and given the lack of Kenmorian building safety, there would be no issue with one being hastily constructed for regular movement of troops across international waters.

?

MT/MagicT

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:17 am

Posteastan wrote:
Yes, the first and only one.

Kenmoria wrote:However, a rudimentary runway could easily be established in some nearby fields not yet converted into Construction Enterprises’s industrial property, and given the lack of Kenmorian building safety, there would be no issue with one being hastily constructed for regular movement of troops across international waters.

?

There are no other airfields and Kenmoria has not annexed Posteastan or something. This is the regular air field of that region.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:21 am

Posteastan wrote:
?

There are no other airfields and Kenmoria has not annexed Posteastan or something. This is the regular air field of that region.

I am questioning right now why humanitarian aide would come through the Kenmorian/Syndicate controlled airfield that they have hastily erected and not used for anything but ferrying troops through so far, and not through the seaport at Roztechko as it has been done so far (from my perspective). It would seem like a rather questionable policy to attempt to provide humanitarian aide through an entry point controlled by human traffickers with tank divisions.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

MT/MagicT

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:24 am

Posteastan wrote:

I am questioning right now why humanitarian aide would come through the Kenmorian/Syndicate controlled airfield that they have hastily erected and not used for anything but ferrying troops through, and not through the seaport at Roztechko as it has done so far (from my perspective). It would seem like a rather questionable policy to attempt to provide humanitarian aide through an entry point controlled by human traffickers with tank divisions.

Seaport has been recently bombed by the black patrol, it is not too safe. Airfield is a lot safer and it is government controlled. Linking Kenmoria to the syndicate would be a very difficult task. Construction Enterprises have hired local talents but are not the same as the syndicate. Geting doctors and vaccine in at this pace is very helpful for all the people of Posteastan. CE works profit oriented so they would have no problems operating the air field commercially. There is also a lot of naval activity that makes the arrival of aid workers by sea very dangerous as people just randomly attack ships.
Last edited by Posteastan on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:27 am

Posteastan wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:I am questioning right now why humanitarian aide would come through the Kenmorian/Syndicate controlled airfield that they have hastily erected and not used for anything but ferrying troops through, and not through the seaport at Roztechko as it has done so far (from my perspective). It would seem like a rather questionable policy to attempt to provide humanitarian aide through an entry point controlled by human traffickers with tank divisions.
Airfield is a lot safer and it is government controlled.

Is it? Because from what I have seen:
1: Construction Enterprises built it
2: Construction Enterprises is currently garrisoning it
3: Construction Enterprises is currently flying in private military forces through it
4: I have not seen anybody else mentioning this airfield being used for humanitarian aide.
I apologise for the questions but I'm getting a bit confused.

MT/MagicT

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:34 am

To be clear, the way I understood it from previous posts - and from Posteastan's previous statements - there are a range of small runways around the country which had been before the many wars the country had undergone, been used by small aviation. These are the ones I posted about Allanea using... which is incidentally why I still have been only bringing in limited aid.

As I understand it, this new airfield is a new location, not any of the pre-existing ones, or at least a new expansion near an existing airfield.

I somewhat doubt it that Allaneans would be there.

If I misunderstood this, and it's an existing airfield, I suppose it's possible by Allaneans to smacked by the missiles. After all tragedies do happen in warfare.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Posteastan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Posteastan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:12 am

Posteastan wrote:Airfield is a lot safer and it is government controlled.

Is it? Because from what I have seen:
1: Construction Enterprises built it
2: Construction Enterprises is currently garrisoning it
3: Construction Enterprises is currently flying in private military forces through it
4: I have not seen anybody else mentioning this airfield being used for humanitarian aide.
I apologise for the questions but I'm getting a bit confused.

Yes, I see the same and I come to the exact opposite conclusion. It is guarded, it is a high-quality air field (compared to the rest of Posteastan) there would be no need for CE to build a new on if one was already in the sector. There are different air fields elsewhere. Aid is coming in on air fields and only the one in Leozina has explicitly been mentioned. Others have been improvised much later. All of that makes it the safest air field in Posteastan at the moment.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:18 am

I posted the aid ship having short range airships for delivery of aid. I've been assuming they'd drop their stuff at whatever airfield or airstrip served their needs the best. I guess that'd include the few airstrips still operational as well as this one? I don't really know.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:02 am

Hey, don’t forget I’m also stationed in the country’s only airport

Great Oehiton
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Oehiton » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:57 am

Posteastan wrote:Six done, four to go. And I have not even taken the new events into consideration.

React to the assault on the Syndicate
Some more deathship hints(it has to wait)
Fractions reaction to Allanea's diplomacy
Assassination attempt on president
Naval bombardment of national guard
[voided]! (Good, that saves me some time)
Lux Pulchrae and the tightening of discipline
The coming storm
Wright Takeover
Exclusion Zone

And don't forget me! I need some replies too. The international community is very welcome to participate in this interaction too. The communication was public.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:54 am

If it's not putting too much on your plate Post, which of the faction would be best to attack. From my understanding almost every town in the province has been taken under royalist control and it is now time to start operating extra-provinciam, out of the province. Obviously after counsel with Nortend. Royalists need to expand.
Last edited by Lux Pulchrae on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:11 am

Posteastan – The Logistics

I'm going to use my knowledge of logistics to summarize what I understand to be the logistics situation in Posteastan. I'd like it if Posteastan confirmed or denied the factual claims I'm going to make. They're based partly on his posts previous, and partly based on my knowledge of disaster relief.

1. Posteastan used to be a stereotypical Balkan/Eastern European country – in the sense it is poor, but there used to be electricity, phones, infrastructure, people had homes and food, rode cars and mass transit to work and not donkeys, etc.
2. Viiolence, domestic and international, has devastated this infrastructure.
3. Posteastan has, at this point, one international-grade airport, which is lying in ruins and is a point of contention, and two major seaports, one held the government, and one by… the Renegades I believe?
4. Posteastan is suffering from food shortages, which are probably not technically a famine per se, but are going there fast. There are also power blackouts, shortages of fuel of every kind, and an influenza epidemic.
5. Also present are some kind of minor airstrips throughout the country (RPed as being in use), and some kind of river ports in cities) (Posteastan, do I misinterpret anything). There sohlud also be a rail network, but nobody has bothered to use it yet.

This poses some restrictions on what we can do, as well as some ideas:

1. The only way to get supplies in is via relatively small aircraft (maximum of, say, 30 tons in one flight). This restricts aid pretty much to things that are pretty light-weight but super-useful (vaccines, for example). We can be airlifting food but it's going to be insanely difficult to get enough in unless we all work on it. (The WHO suggests that handing out money to people in famine area is swifter and better in terms of logistics in relieving some of the issues, but that is a bit controversial).
2. In the long term, for the country to be rebuilt, it's necessary to use the ports. In the long run, given the behaviour of the government and the renegades, a peackeeper force might be necessary to control them).
3. Sailing stuff directly up the river is probably possible, either on LCACs or just on river freighters (which can still carry thousands of tons of stuff!), and really should be tried.
4. The rail. Is there rail? We've got to talk about the rail, because managed properly it's pretty great for humanitarian relief (trains are a lot less vulnerable than people think, except to someone setting an explosive off directly under the train itself).
#HyperEarthBestEarth

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents