NATION

PASSWORD

Askeadanian Revolution(MT/IC/Nation Building)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Askeadan
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Askeadanian Revolution(MT/IC/Nation Building)

Postby Askeadan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:36 pm

It was another hot summer day in the desert region called Askeadan which is a colony under the iron boot of Struina. For 40 years the small third world country is subjected to the horrible rule of the Struinaian colonial government stripping Askeadan of its resources that the people needed.

In recent weeks Askeadanian citizens have been protesting against the Struina government demanding that the nation should become independent. However, their cries for freedom fall on deaf ears as the Struinaian government responds to the protest with armed forces. 200 Askeadanian protesters were killed by Struinaian soldiers this senseless slaughter was recorded by a Askeadanian journalist showing it on the internet hoping the International Community will help Askeadan become free of Struina control.

But waiting for the International Community to take action against Struina was not an option for some of the Askeadanian citizens they were tired of the abuse and wanted to be free now. Soon a milita was created this milita was called the 'Askeadanian Freedom Fighters' (AFF) and even though Struina outnumbers the milita. The AFF is determined to fight for their nation's freedom and end Struinaian occupation.

The Commander of the AFF made a speech on Askeadanian Radio Channels saying.

"My brothers and sisters for 40 years our beautiful nation is suffering under the Struinaian occupation just three weeks ago during a peaceful protest. Our own people were murdered in cold blood by the Struinaian Armed Forces this just shows that Struina is trying to silence us! They are scared of our words it doesn't matter if the International Community ignores our cries for help! We shall free Askeadan now rather with or without help! Join the AFF today so we can end Struina's occupation of our beautiful lands!"

This radio broadcast was soon recorded and posted on video sharing websites to get support for the AFF in their fight for freedom.

Struina
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Struina » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:54 pm

After hearing about the recent events going on in Askeadan, President Dale Huxley was beyond angry that their colony would try and get support from the international community. To counter the AFF speech President Huxley made a televised speech to the international community.

"My fellow leaders of the world do not listen to the AFF's lies they are nothing, but terrorist and are a threat to our national security. 40 years ago Askeadan was a mess their economy was failing and crime was high that was until our nation came in to provide food, vaccines, and money to help support the failing Askeadanian government.

We never killed any protesters that is all fake news created by the AFF controlled Askeadanian Media the people of Askeadan are happy that we have saved them and provided them goods. These terrorist claim they fight for freedom and to that I say it is bullshit the AFF are only fighting for drugs and money nothing else! Which is why I will be sending in the Struinaian Military to deal with the AFF terrorist and bring peace to Askeadan once again."
Last edited by Struina on Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuronami
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:04 pm

(ooc: interested but I might have to take a bit of licence to really give myself a strong reason to be invovled so if you don't like this we can work something out)

Official Communique From Her Majesty Empress Ortfiné Fredericka von Eylstadt

To President Huxley,

We're saddened your calls for assistance for four decades have gone unheard in your struggle to gain independence. Kuronami had tried what it could under the Priror Emperor Hermánn including sanctions, trusteeship transfer but stopping short of force. It seems it's unfortunately the time might be upon us when all diplomatic channels have failed and the time to act now is. We are able and willing to help Askedan become independent at last and help it see through its rebuilding when conflict has subsided. Twenty years ago, The Empire helped the United Island States of AHSCA gain it's independence and saw it through to independence now we hope we can do the same with you. But still we hope the AFF can hold off in combat and see if another attempt at a peace process can be brokered before the true outbreak of war.

To President Huxley in the Nation of Struina,

The Empire has been following the news of your colony Askedan. As contrarian as it sounds for an Imperial power to see the Independence of a colony, we find the suppression of protests a gross violation of international law and order. It's not too late to return to the negotiating table we can broker a peace between us all. Will you meet to discuss a humane solution to this brewing storm of conflict?

Struina
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Struina » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:25 pm

Kuronami wrote:
(Image)

To President Huxley in the Nation of Struina,

The Empire has been following the news of your colony Askedan. As contrarian as it sounds for an Imperial power to see the Independence of a colony, we find the suppression of protests a gross violation of international law and order. It's not too late to return to the negotiating table we can broker a peace between us all. Will you meet to discuss a humane solution to this brewing storm of conflict?

To: Her Majesty Ortfinė Fredericka

Greetings your Majesty, I have read your telegram and I would love to solve this conflict peacefully without spilling blood. However, I will not have my troops leave Askeadan until the AFF disbands and stop their terroristic threats against my nation.

And as far I know these terrorist will not stop so I will keep my troops in Askeadan until the AFF also agree to the peace.
Last edited by Struina on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:40 pm

To President Huxley,
Thank you for your prompt response to me. There is of course the concern of opposing troops that could break into conflict. Perhaps to start, Kuronami might be able to deploy peacekeepers. I've also sent a communique to the Askedan people in hopes of also gaining their cooperation. I'm hoping for cooperation from both parties in this matter so we might resolve this.

Thank you, Empress Von Eylstadt

Askeadan
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Askeadan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:02 pm

Kuronami wrote:(ooc: interested but I might have to take a bit of licence to really give myself a strong reason to be invovled so if you don't like this we can work something out)

(Image)

To President Huxley,

We're saddened your calls for assistance for four decades have gone unheard in your struggle to gain independence. Kuronami had tried what it could under the Priror Emperor Hermánn including sanctions, trusteeship transfer but stopping short of force. It seems it's unfortunately the time might be upon us when all diplomatic channels have failed and the time to act now is. We are able and willing to help Askedan become independent at last and help it see through its rebuilding when conflict has subsided. Twenty years ago, The Empire helped the United Island States of AHSCA gain it's independence and saw it through to independence now we hope we can do the same with you. But still we hope the AFF can hold off in combat and see if another attempt at a peace process can be brokered before the true outbreak of war.

To: Empress Fredericka

Thank you for hearing our cries for help Empress Fredericka in truth we didn't want any conflict with Struina we tried many times to have our nation become independent. But after what happen three weeks ago with the peaceful protest my people were murdered by Struinaian bullets.

In order for me to agree to any peace is if Struina pulls out its entire military force out of Askeadan before any agreement can be reached.

Hugar
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hugar » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:06 pm

To Her Majesty Ortfinė Fredericka,

The Republic of Hugar is in support of your nation's effort in preventing conflict and deploying peacekeepers. If Kuronami sends peacekeepers, Hugar will commit a force of 200 army personnel with a mission of supporting Kuronami's mission. The technical and specific details will come once it is made clear that troops will be set on the ground. We hope that no conflict arises and that the peace keeping mission is able to quickly de escalate the situation.

Sincerely,
Gen. Mark Hess
Dept. Of Defense, Hugar

Hugar
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Hugar » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:26 pm

Official Statement

Seeing the tense situation between the Askeadanian people and the Nation of Struina
Seeing that Kuronami has also become involved and perhaps other nations will also become involved

The Republic of Hugar proposes peace talks to take place at Ortaz, Hugar at the Hilton.
In order for the peace talks to take place, certain conditions should be met
1) Struina withdraw all troops from the desert region of Askeadan
2) AFF stop recruitment and not engage with Struina troops
3) International peacekeepers be allowed in Askeadanian

Hopefully this peace talk proposal can change the atmosphere and resolve the situation politically instead of through weapons

President Akbar Ali, Republic of Hugar

Astoria
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoria » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:41 am

OFFICIAL STATEMENT
FROM PRESIDENT DAVID JEFFERSON ADAMS

Regarding the Recent Events in Askeadan
Issued: Today

Following consultation with the Secretary of State regarding the recent developments in Askedan, I wish to officially endorse the effort by the Republic of Hugar to bring about a peaceful resolution. I believe there is a path forward which allows the Askedanian people to live in peace and freedom as equal members of the international community without being forced through the crucible of war. However, we also do not wish to be seen as undermining Struina’s rights as a sovereign state, nor do we seek to spend Astorian blood and treasure on an unnecessary intervention.

To that end, I offer my support to the negotiations proposed by the Republic of Hugar. The United States of Astoria is willing to assist in these negotiations by acting as mediator or host, if requested.

Should Struina and Askeadan agree to the deployment of an international force, the United States is willing to contribute logistical support and transportation to enable the movement and sustainment of a peacekeeping presence.

Finally, I have instructed the State Department to issue the appropriate travel advisories and warnings for those considering travel to Askeadan. Astorian nations currently in Askeadan are encouraged to make preparations for departure as soon as possible, due to the risk of additional outbreaks of violence. I have instructed Admiral Rutherford to begin contingency planning to enact an evacuation of Astorian nationals, should commercial travel become obstructed or otherwise impossible.

Signed,
David Jefferson Adams
President, United States of Astoria
Last edited by Astoria on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The United States of Astoria

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:22 pm

To all Parties Now involved,

As information continues to arrive to my office it's been announced The Republic of Hugar and United States of Astoria have both put forward a desire to see the conflict resolved in the nations of Struina and Askeadan. Hugar has proposed to join in our desire to send a peacekeeping force to the nation and we're gratefully ready to accept their assistance on that front. Kuronami is still awaiting a conformation from President Dale Huxley, of Struina, to allow us to send a peacekeeping force and hopefully oversee a possible disengagement in the region. We're grateful also the the USA for offering to be a mediator and host of diplomatic talks between the parties and will also be more than willing to accept their offer if the other parties are.

Struina
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Struina » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:11 pm

Seeing that the International Commumity is wishing for a independent Askeadan and a huge demand to end the tensions. President Dale Huxley has announced he shall pull all Struinaian forces out of Askeadan including withdrawing its entire navy out of Askeadanian National Waters. The President will also allow the nations currently involed to send in peace keepers into Askeadan until a treaty can be made.

As for the peace meeting President Huxley states that he can't not attend the meeting due to a sickness he has caught. So taking his place at the meeting will be Ambassador Seanna Kendall to sign any treaty that will be proposed at the meeting.

Askeadan
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Askeadan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:28 pm

Hugar wrote:
Official Statement

Seeing the tense situation between the Askeadanian people and the Nation of Struina
Seeing that Kuronami has also become involved and perhaps other nations will also become involved

The Republic of Hugar proposes peace talks to take place at Ortaz, Hugar at the Hilton.
In order for the peace talks to take place, certain conditions should be met
1) Struina withdraw all troops from the desert region of Askeadan
2) AFF stop recruitment and not engage with Struina troops
3) International peacekeepers be allowed in Askeadanian

Hopefully this peace talk proposal can change the atmosphere and resolve the situation politically instead of through weapons

President Akbar Ali, Republic of Hugar

Struina wrote:Seeing that the International Commumity is wishing for a independent Askeadan and a huge demand to end the tensions. President Dale Huxley has announced he shall pull all Struinaian forces out of Askeadan including withdrawing its entire navy out of Askeadanian National Waters. The President will also allow the nations currently involed to send in peace keepers into Askeadan until a treaty can be made.

As for the peace meeting President Huxley states that he can't not attend the meeting due to a sickness he has caught. So taking his place at the meeting will be Ambassador Seanna Kendall to sign any treaty that will be proposed at the meeting.

AFF Public Announcement

With the Struinaian Army along with its Navy leaving Askeadan we wish to annoumce that Commander Kálmán Samsa will hold off recruitments for our Milita. The Commander will also be attending the meeting at Ortaz to make a treaty for a independent Askeadan.

Semparia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Semparia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:58 pm

Semparia endores Kuronami's beginnings of a peacekeeping force, and Semparia would be more than willing to pitch into the effort. Semparia is willing to contribute some of their air force and armored forces for heavier duty situations should the need arise, however the planes will need to be stationed on someone elses carrier, as Semparia's singular carrier is under upgrades, or in a nearby airfield. Should Semparia be accepted their armed forces will gear up and be on the move as soon as possible.
It has literally been 2 years since I last played this game. Hopefully now I RP better.

Hugar
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Hugar » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:29 pm

Ortaz Peace Talks

Meeting Participants
1. Representative United States of Astoria = Mediator
2. Representative Kuronami = Mediator
3. Representative Struina = Party 1 (Ambassador Seanna Kendall)
4. Representative Askeadan = Party 2 (Commander Kalman Samsa)
5. Representative Hugar = Host (Mr. Anthony Dow)
6. Representative Semparia & all other incoming participants: Mediators, security and humanitarian advisors

Meeting Structure
1. Discuss a solution between Party 1/Party 2 and sign political treaty
2. Discuss Peacekeeping mission:
a) Timeline
b) Mission specifics
c) Sign International Mission Force Treaty (temporary agreement between peacekeeping forces in Askeadan about command, cooperation and timeline of withdrawal)

The above is a proposition of the mechanics of this peace meeting

Sincerely,
Mr. Anthony Dow, Dept. Administration
Gen. Mark Hess, Dep. of Defense

Libertariatropolis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertariatropolis » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:35 pm

Official Statement from President Frederick Adams:
"Among the various items on my list today is the 'Askeadinian Revolution' in Struinia. I plead with you, do not send peacekeepers into this land! Askeadan, we see your reasons, we see the oppression under which you half endured for four decades, but I must speak! Revolution is not the answer! You complain that the military of Struinia has killed your citizens. Have you not an idea how many more will be killed if you take up arms? You mustn't fight. I would dare say you mustn't even try to win independence. Rather, my nation and, hopefully, others, will attempt to solve this diplomatically. To Struinia, your actions are truly disgraceful. I plead with you, stop your oppression! There is no reason for revolution or war. And to all the nations who support these revolutionaries, Libertarianatropolis here by denounces you for your actions. This situation must be resolved by diplomacy, not revolution."
The nation that not only promotes, but celebrates freedom.
Libertariatropolis does showcase my political views.

Astoria
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoria » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:05 pm

OFFICIAL STATEMENT
FROM PRESIDENT DAVID JEFFERSON ADAMS

Regarding the Recent Events in Askeadan
Issued: Today

I wish to commend the government of President Dale Huxley for choosing to respect the wishes of the people of Askeadan and agree to participate in the upcoming summit meeting. Secretary of State Paige Tallmer will be attending this meeting to represent the position of the United States of Astoria.

I have recommended that the previous travel warnings regarding Askeadan be rescinded in light of the announcements from the Askeadanian Freedom Fighters regarding a suspension of recruitment and the withdrawal of Struinan forces.

I also wish to extend my thanks, and the thanks of the United States of Astoria, to the other nations who have stepped up to play crucial roles in this process, especially the Republic of Hugar. Today marks a victory for international diplomacy.

Signed,
David Jefferson Adams
President, United States of Astoria

OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE
Diplomatic Encryption
TO THE GOVERNMENT OF STRUINA
The United States of Astoria applauds your decision to withdraw from Askeadan. We recognize, however, that this may be economically harmful in the short term for your nation. Astoria is prepared to sign agreements for the provision of extensive economic aid to your nation, to lessen the effects of the loss of Askeadanian resources.
--Secretary of State Paige Tallmer
Last edited by Astoria on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The United States of Astoria

Askeadan
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Askeadan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:48 pm

Libertariatropolis wrote:Official Statement from President Frederick Adams:
"Among the various items on my list today is the 'Askeadinian Revolution' in Struinia. I plead with you, do not send peacekeepers into this land! Askeadan, we see your reasons, we see the oppression under which you half endured for four decades, but I must speak! Revolution is not the answer! You complain that the military of Struinia has killed your citizens. Have you not an idea how many more will be killed if you take up arms? You mustn't fight. I would dare say you mustn't even try to win independence. Rather, my nation and, hopefully, others, will attempt to solve this diplomatically. To Struinia, your actions are truly disgraceful. I plead with you, stop your oppression! There is no reason for revolution or war. And to all the nations who support these revolutionaries, Libertarianatropolis here by denounces you for your actions. This situation must be resolved by diplomacy, not revolution."

To: President Federick Adams

Do not worry there will be no conflict between the AFF and Struina. As of right now I will be heading for Hugar to sign a treaty to have Askeadan gain independence the Peacekeepers in my beautiful land are only there to make sure no radical terrorist group does anything stupid to ruin the peace and independence of my nation. So I beg of you please support our independence we as a nation have the rights to gain independence.

After sending the message Commander Samsa, got on a private Askeadanian jet and started heading towards Hugar.

Hugar
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Hugar » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:17 pm

Ortaz Airport was closed off to the public with over 500 police and 1000 Hugar Infantry secured the area leading to the Hilton Hotel. General Mark Hess awaited the arrival of Commander Samsa and the other diplomats.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Hess gives the go ahead and over 300 soldiers, 15 APC and 1 medevac Helicopter unit start making preparations for the Askeadan peace mission. Captain Omar Muttar and Captain Joey Lew start prepping the C-17 globemaster and developing deployment plans.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To All Parties,

Hugar is in the process of sending peace keeping soldiers to Askeadan and also ready to receive the participants of the peace talks. The talks may begin as soon as everyone arrives. Hopefully this will show the world what a true multinational peace effort can achieve

Sincerely,
Mr. Anthony Dow, Dept. Administration

Kuronami
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:05 pm

========
Peace Conference
========

Arriving for Kuronami was Kuronami's foreign minister equivalent, a woman, Benio Hanamura. Naturally Her Majesty the Empress wished to attend herself but the quick timing and urgency of the confrence meant air travel was warranted something Fine swore off forever and ever. Sea travel would likely take too much time so it was up to Benio to represent Kuronami. Seems based on the latest communique, Hugar had deployed their peacekeeping force which now was pushing Kuronami to get theirs set and deployed. With plenty of freshly trained and experienced soldiers called up they'd be ready to arrive on the ground soon enough. It wouldn't be easy, farmers would be called from their farms in the dead of summer, shop keepers from shops, teachers from schools and well Kuronami as a whole would be affected but it was what needed to be done as it had been done many times before.

Benio arriving at the Hotel Hilton in due time for the peace talks with her bag under her arms full of documents and papers. Stopping to address members of Kuronami's press cops that were present to quickly gave a statement "Kuronami is going to work hard to see this through to a peaceful solution. We have our peacekeepers ready to be deployed with the help of the Hugar and United States of Astoria. I'll have an update as soon as I can." though a few questions were shouted her way she had to make her hasty exit.

=====
Peacekeeping Operation
=====

Kuronami is also committing a surplus of 300 soldiers, 10 aircraft consisting of 3 Medvac Helicopters and 7 Utility helicopters, 12 ground vehicles consisting of 5 Humvees, 3 M939 trucks and 4 APCs. In Command of this Mission, Major General Andrew Lee Harrison.

Chain of Command:
MG Harrison (Command)

Ground:
Master Sergent Dominic Smith (Ground)
Staff Sergent James "Jamie" Varden
Sergent Thomas Naka
Corporal Charlotte "Charlie" Varden

Air:
MSG Hiro Nakamura
Chief Warrant Officr (CW4) Yuki Souma
CW3 Bryan McAddams
CWO Alice Taylor-Naka

United Confederate States
Attaché

Founded: Mar 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Confederate States » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:20 pm

I Daniel Carson, President Of The United Confederate States declare war on the Askeadanian terroists for their independence is null and voided in solidarity with our Struinaian brothers and sisters as they will be united with Struina either through force or peace, if they do not reunite with Struina then we shall use brute force which will to make them do so or they can do so by diplomacy and without risking global war with us
Last edited by United Confederate States on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Struina
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Struina » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:29 pm

To: President Daniel Carson, of the United Confederate States

Please do not declare war on Askeadan we are trying to solve this conflict peacefully and no blood will be spilled. We will ask again do not start any war with Askeadan as of right now the International Community is hosting a peace conference to form some type of treaty. If you try and ruin this chance we will place sansaction on your nation.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Confederate States » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Ok but what about the ethnic Stuinians inside

Hugar
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Hugar » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:55 pm

To: President Daniel Carson

Hugar is hosting a peace conference in Ortaz to discuss the situation in Askeadanian. If you would like you may attend and voice your opinions in an open manner in front of this multi national meeting. I would strongly advise against sending military forces into Askeadan as Hugar, United States of Astroia, Kuronami and others have already deployed peacekeepers to the region. Please consider attendance to this conference instead of using military force which will inevitably cause war, potentially international in nature.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Confederate States » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:09 pm

Hugar wrote:To: President Daniel Carson

Hugar is hosting a peace conference in Ortaz to discuss the situation in Askeadanian. If you would like you may attend and voice your opinions in an open manner in front of this multi national meeting. I would strongly advise against sending military forces into Askeadan as Hugar, United States of Astroia, Kuronami and others have already deployed peacekeepers to the region. Please consider attendance to this conference instead of using military force which will inevitably cause war, potentially international in nature.

To: Mr Anthony Dow
Mr Dow i would like to attend the conference and to discuss the status of Askeadanian and the ethnic Struinian minority as a matter of settling disputes with diplomacy as you wanted which i will accept as it would cause a massive war to engulf us all
Last edited by United Confederate States on Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hugar
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Hugar » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:58 pm

============================
Peacekeeping Operation
============================
The C-17 globemaster landed in Askeadan with the 300 soldiers as well as the 4 APC. Captain Omar Muttar stepped off followed by the troops as they unloaded and started to set up the peacekeeping camp.

To: MG Harrison

Sir, our troops have arrived and will make the initial makeshift mission control area. I am looking forward to the arrival of your troops and others for the mission. I will start operations in cooperation with the AFF for policing and humanitarian support.

To: Commander Samsa

Sir, the Hugar peacekeepers have arrived into your territory. I have dispatched 30 of my troops to make contact with your AFF. I have ordered them to assist your troops with policing and training. 6 of these troops are medical specialists and can provide trauma services if the need arises. I hope the peace talks in Ortaz along with our peacekeepers can quickly resolve this conflict and allow your people as well as the Struina peoples to leave in peace.

Sir, Hugar troops have landed in your territory. I have a 30

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents