NATION

PASSWORD

OOC Thread for LGBT Protestors Attacked by Government Forces

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 2743
Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:38 pm

Common Territories wrote:The only reason we're not sending a combined fleet as promised is because of New Edom's policy regarding this person. This policy states that Fatiman and his puppets are to be ignored until they actually learn to communicate. So for now, we are totally ignoring them until they decide to reply properly. I honestly believe that no matter what we post, fatiman will not read/respond to it and just continue posting whatever they please. But if they could prove us wrong, I'd be happy to see it.


Yes that seems likely. It probably wouldn't hurt to try to get whatever they post deleted as well.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

User avatar
New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23132
Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Edom » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:40 pm

Common Territories wrote:The only reason we're not sending a combined fleet as promised is because of New Edom's policy regarding this person. This policy states that Fatiman and his puppets are to be ignored until they actually learn to communicate. So for now, we are totally ignoring them until they decide to reply properly. I honestly believe that no matter what we post, fatiman will not read/respond to it and just continue posting whatever they please. But if they could prove us wrong, I'd be happy to see it.


Agreed.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

User avatar
New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23132
Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Edom » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:41 pm

The OP to the IC thread now includes a description of Fineberg mostly for a sense of atmosphere that I hope people will find helpful.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

User avatar
Kylarnatia
N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 8416
Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:09 pm

The Shrailleeni Empire wrote:
Kylarnatia wrote:
Hahaha, I was wondering how long it'd take for you to notice we both worship a Mother. ^^ As far as I can tell from what I've read in your factbook, the similarities stop there (since yours is a Goddess, the Grand Mother is an entity higher than divinity in the Kylarnatian theology) besides the matriarchal overtones. Still, it'd be something worth exploring in our interactions for sure. :)

The Silvier Sacerdotium is much more spiritualist - it rejects the power of gods (believing them unstable with their power) and believes in the power of universal and natural forces and ancestor spirits embodied in the Seraphim, the greatest of which is the Grand Mother.


This sounds likes a somewhat theological debate, the Mother Goddess is not conceived of as having any partners or subordinates but rather is a single, universal, feminine entity who both made and is made of all creation. I see the difference in which the Grand Mother could be conceived as only one of several universal forces, whereas the Mother Goddess or Leena'i is seen as THE universal force, but overall there may be room for comparison. As a heterodox faith, Leenism is always interested in exploring these matters.


The Grand Mother is also seen as the core universal force, but not as a creator, more as someone who sacrificed her very soul to free the forces of the universe from the clutches of the Gods, and in return they gave her new life as part of them, ergo existing in all things. In the Kylarnatian worldview, she exists on a higher plane of reality than all living things - including gods - and in their hubris when they try to touch her they are burnt and ultimately destroyed by the Eternal Flame that she embodies (the same flame she used to free humankind from divine influence).

We can talk about it more over telegram or on Discord if you want, but there shouldn't be any need for either of us to compromise our nation's worldviews or faiths. Of course our individual characters will have their own perceptions, but there's enough distinction between the two that they don't have to overlap but also enough in common for our characters to be amicable towards each other based on that alone. :)
Last edited by Kylarnatia on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
N&I Roleplay Mentor specialising in PMT-FaNT, worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia


User avatar
Cossack Khanate
Diplomat
 
Posts: 626
Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cossack Khanate » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:43 pm

OP sorry to bother you/interrupt a post you may be writing but just wanted to be of help by mentioning that my delegate is still meeting with your Deputy Assistant of Transmarine Affairs. Do take your time, ‘cause I won’t get to writing a reply anyway today. My most recent post is all for today.
The Holy Decreeist Empire of Cossack Khanate
We don’t use NS Stats, to do so would be ridiculous. You also can’t check my factbooks...because they are in Google Docs. Tee hee
Council of Free Market Economies ,ReArk Armaments (WIP)
A proud member of the regions Cornellia (IC) and Farkasfalka (OOC).
Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Me in not so much of nutshell: The Nutshell

User avatar
New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23132
Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Edom » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Cossack Khanate wrote:OP sorry to bother you/interrupt a post you may be writing but just wanted to be of help by mentioning that my delegate is still meeting with your Deputy Assistant of Transmarine Affairs. Do take your time, ‘cause I won’t get to writing a reply anyway today. My most recent post is all for today.



Appreciate the reminder, I'm busier than the proverbial one legged man in this thread.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

User avatar
Cossack Khanate
Diplomat
 
Posts: 626
Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cossack Khanate » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:48 pm

New Edom wrote:
Cossack Khanate wrote:OP sorry to bother you/interrupt a post you may be writing but just wanted to be of help by mentioning that my delegate is still meeting with your Deputy Assistant of Transmarine Affairs. Do take your time, ‘cause I won’t get to writing a reply anyway today. My most recent post is all for today.



Appreciate the reminder, I'm busier than the proverbial one legged man in this thread.


Glad you found it helpful. well, I'm calling it a night. See ya
The Holy Decreeist Empire of Cossack Khanate
We don’t use NS Stats, to do so would be ridiculous. You also can’t check my factbooks...because they are in Google Docs. Tee hee
Council of Free Market Economies ,ReArk Armaments (WIP)
A proud member of the regions Cornellia (IC) and Farkasfalka (OOC).
Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Me in not so much of nutshell: The Nutshell

User avatar
Fatiman Federation
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 64
Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatiman Federation » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:18 pm

I Had Another RP Similar to this but not LGBT is the Problem.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=459265
Fatiman Federation | Фатімана Федерастіка
Puppet of Indo States as Modern Nation

User avatar
Common Territories
Senator
 
Posts: 4258
Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Fatiman Federation wrote:I Had Another RP Similar to this but not LGBT is the Problem.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=459265

And your point? This looks like you're just trying to advertise on someone elses thread while failing to cooperate on said thread. So I honestly don't see the connection being made here between your post just now and the topic that is this thread.

User avatar
New Visayan Islands
Minister
 
Posts: 2288
Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:27 am

Shrai, since I'm on mobile at the moment, my response to you will be somewhat delayed. Response already up, Shrai.

Gong Xi Fa Cai to the ladies and gents in the thread!
Last edited by New Visayan Islands on Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Embassy program of the NVI
Time zone: GMT+8
For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

User avatar
Ardoki
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14497
Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ardoki » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:14 pm

Does New Edom have an embassy in Ardoki?
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

User avatar
New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23132
Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Edom » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:41 pm

Ardoki wrote:Does New Edom have an embassy in Ardoki?


I would think so, unless you would not permit one.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

User avatar
Kahanistan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1652
Founded: May 30, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kahanistan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:14 am

I think I'd like to join. Haven't really interacted much since a few years ago when LGBT policy led to a diplomatic row, but I think we still have embassies. I could send in a news crew from Kahanistan National News to gather information and possibly start another international incident. I skimmed the IC thread but could use a TLDR recap in case I missed anything important regarding plot progression.

User avatar
New Aeyariss
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6897
Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:09 pm

@Lanorth, I hope you don't mind, but I need to voice it up; I honestly do not think your nation, deployment or not, could even field anywhere close to 5000 ships, considering that greatest navy in the modern world has 490 ships in both active service and the reserve.

I understand that you may not be most knowledgeable person on those topics; so by all means, PM me and I will eagerly help you design your armed forces if you want. However, it's my duty to point out unrealistic number, and I have no ill-will nor disrespect towards you.

On another note, I would like to know more about the "space borne ballistic missile", considering that aside from impracticality of such a design, any kind of use of an ICBM (if this is the kind of missile supposedly mounted) risks a nuclear retaliation.
Last edited by New Aeyariss on Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rping in MT (2018) and PT/FanT (1564)


Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, the original "Carrier Breaker", "Anti-Che", and "General Grievous of SACTO".


User avatar
New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23132
Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Edom » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 pm

New Aeyariss wrote:@Lanorth, I hope you don't mind, but I need to voice it up; I honestly do not think your nation, deployment or not, could even field anywhere close to 5000 ships, considering that greatest navy in the modern world has 490 ships in both active service and the reserve.

I understand that you may not be most knowledgeable person on those topics; so by all means, PM me and I will eagerly help you design your armed forces if you want. However, it's my duty to point out unrealistic number, and I have no ill-will nor disrespect towards you.

On another note, I would like to know more about the "space borne ballistic missile", considering that aside from impracticality of such a design, any kind of use of an ICBM (if this is the kind of missile supposedly mounted) risks a nuclear retaliation.


I have telegrammed Lanorth as well requesting an orbat but I approve of what you have written here.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

User avatar
New Aeyariss
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6897
Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:25 pm

New Edom wrote:
New Aeyariss wrote:@Lanorth, I hope you don't mind, but I need to voice it up; I honestly do not think your nation, deployment or not, could even field anywhere close to 5000 ships, considering that greatest navy in the modern world has 490 ships in both active service and the reserve.

I understand that you may not be most knowledgeable person on those topics; so by all means, PM me and I will eagerly help you design your armed forces if you want. However, it's my duty to point out unrealistic number, and I have no ill-will nor disrespect towards you.

On another note, I would like to know more about the "space borne ballistic missile", considering that aside from impracticality of such a design, any kind of use of an ICBM (if this is the kind of missile supposedly mounted) risks a nuclear retaliation.


I have telegrammed Lanorth as well requesting an orbat but I approve of what you have written here.


You know, Lord's willing I am going to make a generic set of TO&Es for units that people could just copy and use in RPs.

After all, not everyone here has knowledge of military affairs, and it's fully okay and understandable. That is why we are here to provide such a help ;).
Rping in MT (2018) and PT/FanT (1564)


Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, the original "Carrier Breaker", "Anti-Che", and "General Grievous of SACTO".


User avatar
Late Roman Empire
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1583
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Late Roman Empire » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:38 pm

It would realistically take a lot of time to mobilize, let alone deploy, such a massive military and naval expeditionary force to the shores of New Edom, and once should point out that New Edom has a rapidly growing number of allies ready to throw their full support to its national defense. We Cornellians are like a Mafia family: we squabble among each other, but should anyone attack us from outside, out come the knives. Speaking IC, of course.

In any case, it will take a lengthy time to complete full mobilization of all such forces, and one can only hope that this gives all players a chance to make peace instead of war. I should add that the Roman military is no joke, and while it typically deploys small, rapid reaction forces in most of its engagements, it reserves the right to make larger deployments as necessary.
Last edited by Late Roman Empire on Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I swear by Almighty God that I will faithfully serve and obey the Divine Augustus, as our Lord and Master, and hold him alone as my true, dread sovereign and prince. I swear that I will serve him loyally until the hour of my death, on pain of damnation to my eternal soul." - the Imperial Oath of Allegiance (administered to the civil service and armed forces)

Woe to they who demand things of the Lord of the World, for he is neither so obliged nor amused.

User avatar
Lanorth
Diplomat
 
Posts: 831
Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lanorth » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:21 pm

Alright. May I point out some things, that I think, are important? Well, one is important, the other not so much.

  • Our demonym, adjective and plural is Tyronian, not Lanorthian(s). We are a completely different race to humans, we have just evolved to look like them. We have 2 hearts, 2 brains and much more differences.

  • I have a much higher Scientific Advancement than New Edom, and Rome. So I have the advantage there. Remember this.

  • Us Tyronian can die more than once in one life. This is too complicated to explain, I am making a Dispatch on it.
Last edited by Lanorth on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorium.

Please refer to me IC as Alexandria.

User avatar
New Aeyariss
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6897
Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Lanorth wrote:Alright. May I point out some things, that I think, are important? Well, one is important, the other not so much.

  • Our demonym, adjective and plural is Tyronian, not Lanorthian(s). We are a completely different race to humans, we have just evolved to look like them. We have 2 hearts, 2 brains and much more differences.

  • I have a much higher Scientific Advancement than New Edom, and Rome. So I have the advantage there. Remember this.

  • Us Tyronian can die more than once in one life. This is too complicated to explain, I am making a Dispatch on it.


I hope you don't mind me, but you do realize that this is an MT thread, and MT means only technology that is currently in use?
Rping in MT (2018) and PT/FanT (1564)


Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, the original "Carrier Breaker", "Anti-Che", and "General Grievous of SACTO".


User avatar
Lanorth
Diplomat
 
Posts: 831
Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lanorth » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:31 pm

Late Roman Empire wrote:It would realistically take a lot of time to mobilize, let alone deploy, such a massive military and naval expeditionary force to the shores of New Edom, and once should point out that New Edom has a rapidly growing number of allies ready to throw their full support to its national defense. We Cornellians are like a Mafia family: we squabble among each other, but should anyone attack us from outside, out come the knives. Speaking IC, of course.

In any case, it will take a lengthy time to complete full mobilization of all such forces, and one can only hope that this gives all players a chance to make peace instead of war. I should add that the Roman military is no joke, and while it typically deploys small, rapid reaction forces in most of its engagements, it reserves the right to make larger deployments as necessary.

May I say, we have not invaded yet. So invade us before we do anything aggresive, it will be classed, by the Tyronian, as thus:
An Invasion For An Action Not Yet Completed.
If this does happen, Lanorth will have to start using nuclear force. It is protocal. You have been warned.
Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorium.

Please refer to me IC as Alexandria.

User avatar
Lanorth
Diplomat
 
Posts: 831
Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lanorth » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:33 pm

New Aeyariss wrote:
Lanorth wrote:I hope you don't mind me, but you do realize that this is an MT thread, and MT means only technology that is currently in use?

Yes, it is one of the first things I saw. We are using what is being used today. Trust me, if I end up going to war, it will make sense.
Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorium.

Please refer to me IC as Alexandria.

User avatar
New Aeyariss
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6897
Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Lanorth wrote:
New Aeyariss wrote:

Yes, it is one of the first things I saw. We are using what is being used today. Trust me, if I end up going to war, it will make sense.


Okay. Please do explain how coming back to life again is possible with a modern day technology.
Rping in MT (2018) and PT/FanT (1564)


Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, the original "Carrier Breaker", "Anti-Che", and "General Grievous of SACTO".


User avatar
Lanorth
Diplomat
 
Posts: 831
Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lanorth » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:36 pm

New Aeyariss wrote:
Lanorth wrote:Yes, it is one of the first things I saw. We are using what is being used today. Trust me, if I end up going to war, it will make sense.


Okay. Please do explain how coming back to life again is possible with a modern day technology.

That doesn't have anything to do with technology. It is what Tyronian are able to do. Remember, they are a completely different race. That has nothing to do with technology.
Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorium.

Please refer to me IC as Alexandria.

User avatar
New Aeyariss
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6897
Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:37 pm

Lanorth wrote:
New Aeyariss wrote:
Okay. Please do explain how coming back to life again is possible with a modern day technology.

That doesn't have anything to do with technology. It is what Tyronian are able to do. Remember, they are a completely different race. That has nothing to do with technology.


Okay, then please explain me how it's biologically possible. You do not need to do so in great detail.
Rping in MT (2018) and PT/FanT (1564)


Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, the original "Carrier Breaker", "Anti-Che", and "General Grievous of SACTO".


User avatar
New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23132
Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Edom » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Lanorth wrote:
New Aeyariss wrote:

Yes, it is one of the first things I saw. We are using what is being used today. Trust me, if I end up going to war, it will make sense.


That won't do. There has to be general agreement about what tech is used, what populations and what ecnomic capabilities exist. I will not accept things that come across as PMT, nor will I accept someone just declaring "My nation is superior". You had better explain it more clearly. I don't mind being challenged, but this kind of hyperbole and vagary is not acceptable to me.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Holy Marsh

Advertisement

Remove ads