NATION

PASSWORD

LGBT Protestors Attacked by Government Forces (MT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Radimostan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:18 am

Fineberg, New Edom, Inside the Radimostanian embassy

That day the Radimostanian ambassador, David Dušek, had left for lunch with his wife to celebrate their anniversary. He was well informed about the upcoming protests, but he couldn't break a promise to his spouse. After all, Mr. Dušek gained this post only recently and it cost a lot of effort and time, time that he couldn't normally spend with her. He hoped that the more liberal Lalery's government will tolerate the march, or at least handle it without any incident. With this naivety in his hearth, he left the embassy in an armored SUV, accompanied by his wife and two gendarmes, leaving the facility in the hands of his deputy, Mr. Konrád Macek.

If the foreign policy of the Federative Republic of Radimostan could be summarized in two words, it would be 'low profile'. The Radimostanian government was not really interested in global games orchestrated by continent-sprawling superpowers, or by even more powerful international coalitions. This fact shaped all the Radimostanian diplomatic mission, including the one in New Edom. The embassy thus wasn't a large neo-classical palace with dozens of people, instead, it was quite modest, two-story building with a small yard where two SUVs were normally parked. If it wouldn't be for the flag with four blue stripes, and an armed guard at the entry, you couldn't say this building serves any importance.

Minister-Counselour Macek was just preparing various paperwork to be signed by Dušek when he comes back. He didn't pay attention to what was going on outside, actually, all the windows were blocked by curtains due to security reasons. But then the firearms could be heard, followed by an explosion, and another. It didn't take long before Captain Havelka, Chief of Security, appeared at the doors of Macek's office.

"Sir, we are here to get you to the basement, alongside the rest of the civilian personnel."

Macke obviously tried to get all the information from Havelka, but it was hopeless. The captain didn't know much more than him, but the shooting and explosions were enough to order an emergency and get everyone into safety. They were just on the stairwell when a distressful knocking on the main door could be heard. Captain Havelka called the entry guard.

"Master sergeant, do you hear me? What's going on up there?"

"It seems like some protesters are asking, and also trying to get inside, sir. Should I let them in?"

Havelka and Macek looked at each other. Both of them not sure what to do. Then Macek finally made a decision.

"We should... We should tet them in."

"With all due respect, minister." Responded Havelka. "I don't think that's really wise, they might be

"I understand that... But whatever is going out there... I mean, they wouldn't be knocking and pleading just like that if they would be part of it. Those are definitely people in need, and we should help them."

Captain sighed. "Do as you wish, minister. He said and relayed the information to the guards at the gate.

Fineberg, New Edom, Inside the Radimostanian embassy

There were many protestors waiting to be let in, definitely more than what the embassy could take. It was an interesting group of priests, nude activists, students, and paramilitary-like looking wannabe soldiers. Master Sergeant Smolak, wearing body armor and gas mask, carrying an R-68 rifle, stood right next to the main door. He, alongside two other similarly equipped gendarmes, briefly checked everyone getting in for firearms and explosives. They did not hesitate to use blunt force in order to coerce and manage this chaotic crowd.

After circa dozen and half people were let in, one of the troops approached Smolak and whispered to him. "The embassy can't hold more people, we will have to close for now."

The master sergeant nodded and signaled his men to return back into the building. When those who remained outside realized what was going on, the hell broke loose. Everyone was trying to push inside, and it almost looked like they will be able to overcome the guard. Only when the embassy security deployed tear gas most people scattered. Finally, the rest lost any hope to get inside when the sounds of Edomite guns became louder and louder, finally letting the gendarmes shut the door completely.

Fineberg, New Edom, Ambassador's vehicle

Mr. Dušek was just returning from a local prestige restaurant when he got info about the scale of the situation. The lightly armored SUV driven by corporal Kolář was making its way through formations of pro-LGBT activists, police officers and soldiers. Corporal was rather successful in navigating among this chaos, but this wasn't destined to last. The crowds at the Embassy Row itself were too thick and the vehicle had to stop completely.

Sergeant Svoboda, sitting right next to Kolář took a walkie-talkie into his hands. "Embassy? This is the ambassador's vehicle. We are almost at the building, but the road is jammed. Can you tell us if there is a diff-

The chatter was suddenly interrupted by an explosion very close, probably near the rear of the SUV. It seemed like everything is mostly alright, whatever just exploded, it had been too weak to actually penetrate the vehicle completely. Outside a flat tire, everything was intact.

Sergeant shook his head, almost like if the tried to shook off the dizziness that came on him. "Everyone alright?" He asked. Everyone inside positively responded. Well, almost everyone responded.

"David? David!" Ambassador's wife began to panic and cry as she realized that single shrapnel had been able to get through after all.
Last edited by Radimostan on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

THE IN-CHARACTER NAME IS RADITIA, NOT RADIMOSTAN

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: LGBT Protestors Attacked by Government Forces

Postby Yohannes » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:50 am

From the Parliament House desk of The Right Honourable Marion Maréchal-Le Men

As a member of the Freedom Caucus and before the Members and Elected Collegians of the Realm in Parliament assembled, I have long advocated for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender plus rights, and I have long condemned bullying and harassment of LGBT+ Yohannesians in secondary schools, universities and the workplace across the Realm of fiords and mountain. In spite of the opposition of my colleagues in Yohannes First, I had supported the initiative of my predecessor—the seventeenth Yohannesian Emperor Garnet Til Alexandros—to table the Gender, LGBT, Racial and Religious Minority Act in 2016. My commitment to LGBT rights transcends partisanship and inter-party bickering.

My resolution to support the rights of the downtrodden national Yohannesian people—whether they be straight or gay, men or women—remains unshaken. My husband is an African Yohannesian man. Our biracial daughters is the representation of our vibrant multicultural Realm, which derives its authority and sovereignty entirely from the continuing unitary Yohannesian national people. When I was voted to take office in 2018, I had promised that Change will come to Yohannes. GOP would prioritise Yohannesians and Yohannes First before illegal immigrants and foreign investors. GOP would protect the hard-working ironworkers and steel labourers of the heartland and the bible belt from the corrupting influence of internationalism and neoliberalism and the unadulterated evils of mass immigration.

To fight for Yohannes First is to fight for Yohannesians first—whether they be white or black; Bigtopians or Lilliputians; straight, gay, bisexual or transgender; men or women; and to fight for Yohannes First is to fight for every single person born on the continent of Yohannes over cashed-up foreign investors and illegal immigrants. My 2018 promise meant that I would stand up and fight for the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender plus Yohannesian national people—born and bred in this Realm of fiords and mountain. The feeling of being excluded and being made second-class citizens, even though you are a born and bred citizen of your nation, is a devastating one. A nation should always treat its national people fairly and equally. The same rights and privileges may not be extended to foreigners and non-citizens—and that is fine—but I absolutely believe that a strong nation is a nation which has promised that it will protect the rights of its national people over those cashed-up foreign internationalists and advocates of mass immigration—and these rights and privileges should be extended to the LGBT+ citizens, born and bred, of one’s nation.

The Empire of New Edom is a historically respected trading partner of the Realm of Yohannes. We respect New Edom, and we hope that New Edom do respect us too. We agree on some things, and we disagree on other things. We do things that may anger or upset some people in our respective realms, but that commercial bond—which has remained unbroken since 2011—will always stay strong and true. We are trade partners. We exchange prosperity and we learn from our respective cultures. The Empire of New Edom and the Realm of Yohannes both stand to benefit from this healthy, mutually beneficial relationship. Having taken what I have said into account, it is true that I disapprove of what had happened in New Edom. And I am well aware of the demonstrations happening across the Nineteen Countries—many young Yohannesians are unhappy with recent unfortunate developments in New Edom just as they are unhappy with the expansionist and militaristic tendency of some of our trading partners, such as the Empire of Greater Nifon and the Kingdom of McNernia.

But that bond—one that can, and one that will only grow stronger in future—must take precedence over our disagreement with, and some of our citizens’ strong disapproval concerning recent developments in Fineberg. National leaders and irresponsible governments of imperialist and internationalist warmongering nations should not try to impose their own political standards and cultural values on a fully sovereign, independent nation-state. They should not try to enforce their wills on neutral nation-states and other national peoples of the international community beyond the International Incidents.

The Empire of New Edom is a sovereign nation-state—one that happens to be a respected trading partner of the Nineteen Countries on the continent of Yohannes. With this in mind, on behalf of the Thirty-sixth Christian Democratic Executive Council and with the written agreement of the Chancellor of the Nineteen Countries The Right Honourable Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn, I am hereby pledging my government’s support to the Empire of New Edom—alongside key trading partners such as the Empire of Greater Nifon.

The Commonwealth Navy has therefore pledged to use its assets to support New Edom’s shared trading interests with the Realm of fiords and mountain beyond the International Incidents—and to work together, in future, with other respected trading partners, such as the Empire of Greater Nifon and the Kingdom of McNernia.

@Maréchal-Le Men Parliament House in response to “Yohannes Decides: New Edom; LGBT Protestors Attacked by Government Forces” issue #204,117.

#NewEdomYohannesTrade #NationStates2019
Last edited by Yohannes on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:34 am

A Public Message from the Imperial Advisor to Gavinium Magnus, Princess Jocasta

Receiving news of the show of unhesitating support from Nifon, I have felt the joy similar to when I took my first communion. Could anything save the holy sacraments be more beautiful than an ally who is determined to stand for the righteous? I also thank the Holy Trinity that New Edom has brave warriors prepared to stand in the way of Homofront.

Some in our government, lulled by the plutocratic pap of international neo-liberalism, are seduced into imagining that this holy war is irrelevant, and that progress, which stripped of belief and faith is a new forbidden fruit, is all that a civilization needs. This is an obvious lie. Do not forget the threats of Homofront against our own sovereign monarchs! Thank God that the brave men and women of Fineberg Military District responded so readily!

<A group of masked, armed men enter the scene.>

Masked Homofront member: This is an official broadcast from commander of the Homofront in Cornellia, Comandante Veritas, directed at all fascists, homophobes, conservatives and other disgusting folks who wish to persecute us because of who we are. Our organization numbers in millions, our members are dispersed in every country, and they are courageous and brave like the ancient Spartans, for they are united by the bonds of homosexual love, which makes them as invincible as the Theban sacred band. The great homosexual revolution is about to enter in the culmination phase, where forces of the bigots and conservatives are equal with ours; thus, we are calling all to begin the campaign of the protracted homosexual liberation war aimed at the cisgendered heterosexual male foe!

All of us are aware that the modern societies are a grand social construct, created by the grand process of oppression. Just as the exploitative XIX century capitalist system alienated the worker from his income, so the exploitative - and far older - patriarcho - religious complex alienated the homosexual, the woman, the member of a racial minority, and other oppressed groups from their true selves! Their real, cultural identity is denied to them as the bigoted ideas achieve cultural hegemony, forcing them underground. We, the homosexual revolutionaries, expect to tear down that complex of outdated social ideas and finally let humanity control it's own progress; that every man would be allowed to be what he wants to be, even if he wants to be a woman!

But no - the fascists would deny us our most fundamental rights! For centuries homophobes reigned supreme, leading their process of cultural exploitation. Today, this process has ended. TODAY WE TAKE VENGEANCE, for we will rise up and destroy both them, their society, their culture and in doing so we will show them what true fear means! The religious bigot, the fascist and the homophobe understand nothing more, so nothing more will we give them! Behold the fate of two military commanders who are strong supporters of the current regime, aristocrats and tyrants who have purged LGBTQI people from the military. Or have they? See the vengeance of those they have violated!

<General Zadok Hesperinus and Count Ephraim’s land rover is shown, pierced by fifty caliber bullets, their bodies strewn and destroyed, faces being wiped of blood by Homofront members. Their faces are not seen because of rainbow balaclavas. They turn their backs and set those on fire and vanish, wearing clearly the battle dress of New Edomite soldiers.>

Masked Homofront member: This will be your fate, homophobes! We are calling all our brothers everywhere to join us in our struggle! Rise together with us and destroy the oppressie homophobe! We are calling you to force them to undergo process of forceful homosexualization, to take their bodies against their will to show them that being gay is nothing evil, especially when they are one! We are calling you to subject them to forced gender change operations in order to break their will! Out fight will continue until the very end, when the fully socially equal society will finally arise, and bigoted concepts like family, cisgender, and repression will be finally abolished!

<The Homofront members begin to leave while the music starts playing>

"In the ancient times people free were,
Homosexuality was a common thing out there,
Now until religion is gone the progress won't start,
Thus it is time to declare the great culture war!

Under the rainbow flag we will march to the gates,
Of their churches with in hands our long and sharp blades,
Homosexual revolution is the progressive vanguard,
Let the final cultural battle start!

<The song still plays while the video portrays men in rainbow - colored balaclavas crawling through the mud under the barbed wire, then jumping over obstacles. In each scene, the men have enormously well built bodies. Song still plays:>

Tyrants and fanatics of the church,
None of them could us in battle crush,
Queen Mara cried when she heard our voice,
Knowing that except progress she has no choice,

"

<The video shows Homofront's fighters training martial arts, performing spinning kicks in the air, and sparing against each other in helmets resembling those of ancient spartans>

New Edomite churches - all of them will fall,
Countless homosexuals are waking up to the revolutionary call,
With the guns and explosions we will force you to fear,
Knowing that our vengeance for discrimination draws near!

"s of New Edom behind her. “Good evening,” she said, looking up with a smile. It was clear that above the waist at least she wore nothing but a gold cross on a chain, though her image was pixelated for those nations censoring such an appearance. “I’m Lavinia Tuller, and this is a NENN Evening News." Her f

<the video shows homofront fighters practicing shooting with various weaponry, including assault rifles, RPGs at targets shaped like political leaders of various right-wing nations>

Homosexual brothers, sisters and others, whoever is non hetero,
The revolution is our only victorious way
To shatter the homophobes and end the discrimination,
We will destroy every backwards homophobic nation!

The Rainbow flag will on the wind float,
While we will from our victory gloat,
The sexual liberation draws finally near,
Let our combined voice every nation hear!
"

<A big screen with rainbow colored words "OUR VENEGANCE WILL COME" appears before the video ends>

In the face of this evil, I salute those national leaders who have stood by our sovereign rights and made it clear that such evil actions in our country cannot be tolerated. Of course I realize that we must grieve for those innocents, however deluded, who are caught in the crossfire. I pray for their souls and that their injuries may be dealt with mercifully.

I personally wish to thank:
President Omar Khairallah, Foreign Minister Uthman al-Ghamadi, Foreign Ministry of the Arab State of Khataiy; the Imperator of the Cossack Khanate, President Tobón of Greater Carloso, The Right Honourable Marion Maréchal-Le Men of Yohannes. But most of all, I would like to pay a special homage to one of our nation’s dearest friends and allies...

The music video shows a series of montages of a man doing statecraft, in ceremonial kendo armour, in military uniform, receiving salutes at a review, welcoming guests to international conferences, and at times his stern gaze faces the camera. This is mixed with images of planes taking off from runways, soldiers moving down the ramps of armoured personnel carriers, artillery firing, warships moving in formation. The flags of SACTO nations wave bravely.
In the neo-liberal fog that clouds the globalists’ minds
There one who stands above and always brings them the fight
As others twist and bend in every Marxist driven breeze
Though they spit their venom at him he hits them back with ease…

Shogun Maki Kojiro!
Shogun Maki Kojiro!
Shogun Maki Kojiro!

As we of SACTO rally to the banner of freedom
Our superior tactics and will shall spell the globalists’ doom!
Our strength lies not in rhetoric or political correctness
Ever his defiance shows the enemies weakness

Shogun Maki Kojiro!
Shogun Maki Kojiro!
Shogun Maki Kojiro!

Let the Homofront rant and die in useless explosions
Let the Marxists’ states continue their erosion
We are ready to laugh and watch our enemies flee
For he reminds us It’s better to die than live on our knees…

Shogun Maki Kojiro!
Shogun Maki Kojiro!
Shogun Maki Kojiro!

On then to victory!
Allies in harmony!
Face with joy the enemy!
And praise the man who showed us the way

Shogun Maki Kojiro!
Shogun Maki Kojiro!
Shogun Maki Kojiro!

Shogun Maki Kojiro!
Shogun Maki Kojiro!
Shogun Maki Kojiro!
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:22 pm

Fineberg, New Edom

Smoke still drifted through the capital. Not all casualties, not all persons fleeing the carnage had gone to embassies. The Forum Idumeum, the large downtown mall built by a roman developer, was crowded with frantic people who had fled there. In fact virtually none of those were actually suffering anything but the lightest injuries, but they were all afraid, and it was a good place to organize. Dr. Zephaniel, the President of the New Edomite Purple Cross, arrived with a sorrowful expression and a volunteer ambulance fleet of trucks and cars bearing medical supplies, bottled water and some emergency rations. The volunteers began to distribute these things, and also began to go out into the streets, purple cross flags waving prominently to try to avoid being accosted by city militia and the troops.

He avoided any political remarks, simply stating to any foreign journalists, “I am not taking a political stand. However in imitation of Christ, regardless of whether one is a dreadful sinner or not, I say: what we do unto the least of these, we do to Him. We just want to help the injured and the fearful.”

Radimostanian Embassy

The sound of weapons discharging had largely died down, but a crowd of dozens was still outside the embassy. A warden in an orange reflective vest over camouflage gear pleaded, “Please, let us in, I’m sure they’re going to kill us all! We can line the hallways or all sit on the roof! You have to help us!” He gestured towards frightened, ashen faces of people gathered around, signs and banners abandoned on the streets.

“They don’t have enough room,” a bespectacled elderly man insisted. “It’s not their fault, they’re just an embassy. Look, the shots are dying down. Let’s get to a church or a shop or something and take shelter there and figure out what’s going on. Come on, people, let’s leave these good folks alone.” He began trying to get everyone’s attention.

A woman who looked nauseous from a head injury that was bleeding down her face looked confused. “Martin? Martin don’t leave me…”

The elderly man’s face worked with emotion but he touched her hand before the doors were closed. “Naomi, you need help. These people will help you. I’ll find you later.” he forced himself to turn away. The woman wept but was too weak to resist, and the crowd began to drift away into the street, huddled together like sheep.

Meanwhile, out in the streets, a squad of Royal Cavalry Guards on horseback were moving through the streets and found the damage embassy car, and approached cautiously. The horses tossed their heads but were well trained and did not flinch at the occasional bark of a rifle or the rumbling noises of armoured vehicles, the thunder of helicopters above them. “Say,” said a corporal in a voice muffled by his gas mask, “What’s this?” They could hear a woman screaming inside.

The corporal said, “Watch out, these damned insurgents are everywhere.” He dismounted and approached the car.

“Are you sure they’re insurgents, corporal?” said a young Guardsman. “I can’t see any weapons except for that bunch who fought us near Betharan.”

“That’s their trick, they use human shield tactics, the bastards.” the corporal, who spoke only Latin and Baran, sheathed his baton and held his riot gun cautious and called out, “Hey in there. Identify yourselves!”

The McNernian Embassy

Bells were ringing in the city; church bells of the city’s churches calling the faithful and urging peace. People lined up nervously as the embassy officials began to task the applicants in an orderly manner. Some were upset and frightened and there was chaos outside the embassy itself as panic began to spread.

“Just let us in! Can’t you see they’re killing us out here?” demanded a short haired woman in a shaking voice. “We’re from the Freedom of Expression group, we aren’t even gay or anything, we’re just trying to start a public dialogue and they shot at us!” She gestured and in fact held up by several fearful looking naked men was another who was being patched up by a worried looking older woman but his bandages were clearly soaking from three gunshot wounds.

“Let us in! Let us in!” cried a number of people, and the chant began to grow as people clapped in unison. The calmer voices of reason began to get drowned out; at least the frightened protesters could do this.

White Bluffian Embassy
Fineberg, New Edom

Some of those who had arrived at the White Bluffian Embassy were members of the Intellectual Party of New Edom, including Gregory Darmen, a good looking man in his early thirties with dark slicked back hair wearing a now torn and dirty dress shirt and slacks, who said, “I am a member of the Chamber of Deputies, and I beg you to let me use your phone. I want to call journalists, magistrates, diplomats, it’s an outrage! How dare they shoot at us, I’m an elected official for the love of God!”

“Get out of the way, you leech,” snapped one of the march organizers in her orange vest. “This is serious, we have injured people here, your speechifying can wait!” A cacophony of yelling and panic began. The injured needed medical attention from beatings and from tear gas, eyes and nostrils streaming; several men and women sat down where they were and started weeping desperately. A liberal Apostolic priest in a black cassock urged people to pray and calm themselves.

All of them flinched as a trio of six wheeled APCs came rumbling to a halt outside the embassy. Each spewed out four soldiers who proceeded to stand there. Some of them lit cigarettes. They seemed to be waiting for something.

Embassy of the Imperium Antiquum

People at places such as the The Empire of Japan and the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere Embassy (which would not let in anyone at all) , the McNernian embassy (with the inertia of its bureaucracy) or the Radimostanian Embassy (which didn’t have enough room) were wandering, worried and frightened, dashing from street to street, crouching behind abandoned buses or hiding in alleys, but eventually they all began to hear people shouting “The Kylarnatian Embassy! Come on, they’re taking [i]everyone[/]! Come on, quick!” The other alternatives, churches and the Forum Idumeum or the parks were either farther away or filling up rapidly. And in some cases, there were rumors that the End Times Church militia, armed with clubs and machetes, were barring entry to anyone but those who vowed that homosexuality was an abomination before God, affirmed the Nicene Creed and kissed the Holy Cross.

And thus, a crowd of hundreds began to gather outside the embassy, people who were in tattered remnants of provocative drag, march organizers in orange vests, religious pacifists and human rights activists, free speech and expression activists, all clamoring to be let in. Some wore t shirts expressing “Let love be the whole of the law” while others were naked, still others in camouflage, others in normal Western style clothing, some in robes. A crippled veteran with crutches tried to help people organize into lines. As this was forming, several militia in riot gear appeared at the end of the street. One was clearly speaking into a radio. A megaphone blared out, “THIS IS AN UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY! DISPERSE AT ONCE!”

Meanwhile, Legatus Crassa received a telephone call. “Legatus, this is Elizabeth Corbulo, Undersecretary of Foreign Affairs. The Foreign Minister is in Council just now, but we can arrange a meeting if you can give me some idea of what your concerns specifically are, or I might be able to help you…I hope everything is well at the embassy?”

Guadalupadorian Embassy

Blood immediately splattered the floor. As in a war zone, men were dragging or carrying in casualties. Eyes rolled in bloody faces; a man shook so badly the improved stretcher he was on, made from sign posts and banners, trembled as though in a storm, while he managed, “So cold...blankets, for the love of Christ…” and a woman with gritted teeth plastered a garbage bag against the greasy coil of guts threatening to escape his abdomen. Others were brought in. These were the ones who had tried to fight back. A number of them lay scattered out on the streets. Through the embassy doors a scattered group, flinging molotov cocktails and bricks, were suddenly shot down from beyond the smoke, and an abandoned truck was struck powerfully, shook violently and black smoke began to pour from it. Others ran past the embassy in masks.

As the two dozen or so injured and their helpers poured in, two women, one naked but for unintelligibly smeared former painted words, one wearing an orange vest, jeans and a tank top, were filming with their phones. They were both journalism students who were part of the Edomite civil rights movement, and they seemed to stare in horror but determined to capture all that they could.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Estonland
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 29, 2017
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Estonland » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:27 pm

Estonische Embassy Grounds, Fineberg, New Edom
Royal Marines stood at guard just behind of the gate to the embassy. Protestors were slowly dissipated, as it slowly became clear that the Estonische Embassy could not accept any more refugees. The troops still remained in attention, with their G3 rifles in their hands.
A few floors up, Ambassador Molitsky-Gradenbad was writing a letter to Adam Nicanor, which was shortly sent to him:
"Your Excellency President of the Council,
The upsurge of violence, which has led about 109 protesters to our embassy grounds, has deeply affected the psyche and material conditions of the embassy of Her Majesty Queen Louise Victoria in New Edom. It is worrying to Her Majesty's Government, and of the Estonische public, that people are dying while their right to assemble is being violated, especially in such a close trade partner like New Edom. Due to this, I'd like to have a meeting with you regarding the status of refugees on embassy grounds and Estonische citizens who were involved in the protests.
Best Regards,
Ambassador Ivan Molitsky-Gradenbad, 7th Baronet of Uusimaa"
Kingdom Of Estonland
In Character: Constitutional Monarchy, Nordic Liberal Conservatism, Germanic, Anti-Communist, Anti-Fascist. A Germanic constitutional monarchy in the year 1968 CE
Out Of Character: Law student, Lutheran, Turkish. Socially centrist, economically left-wing.
National Factbook
NS Stats are NOT used

WOMAN

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:34 pm

OOC: New Edom could we get a map of sorts of Embassy Row as it were. Im getting mixed messages about whats acceptable to Have on it. Atleast some pictures of the area would be nice.

Mcnernian Embassy
Fineberg New Edom

“Damn it, God damn it.” The gates were opened to prevent the troops from firing, APCs, insignia would indicate that they were from the Military District of Fineberg. The Sargent at the gate stood back before the rush of people, inside the grounds it was relatively empty,a groundskeeper had come to see what all the commotion was, his earbuds off one ear. He had only the shears in his hand where he was working on one of the New Edomite plants that was in the cultural part of the garden. He went to tell the Ambassador that this was major.

The Embassy doctor came out to have a look, a desire to document the injuries, the Press Attache was watching as well with his cell phone rolling at the upper floors of the chancery. He came down stairs as security deployed at the front gate. People streamed through, desperate and afraid, Hullar watched impassively. Wondering what that stroke had done to Elijah or if there was people who were trying to make New Edom look bad. He updated his report.

People would be met by security asking for who was injured and who was not. People were being let in at the Mcnernian Embassy. Though they were confined to the lawns under the observation of medics and security and would be summoned in small groups inside to answer various questions.
Last edited by McNernia on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:35 pm

Adiran Embassy
Embassy Row, Fineberg

It was the end of an era. David Redstone, the Adiran ambassador to New Edom, had retired after a nearly decade-long stint in Fineberg. He’d been uprooted twice by civil war, weathered a third, and oversaw the unlikely preliminary negotiations that ultimately halted an Imperial attack on Adiran soil. In one sense he would be a tough act to follow, given the connections he’d made in the Edomite government. At the same time, the dynamic between Adiron and New Edom was changing rapidly.

The new ambassador was no stranger to New Edom, in fact he’d been right here in Fineberg for a number of years. Ray Nelson was a broad-shouldered, full-faced man with white hair, laugh lines, and bright blue eyes. He’d worked as Redstone’s consul general during the Isidium Foundation’s arrival, the Third Edomite Civil War, and the Palisades Crisis, but he’d left not long before the Padan summit. Although he’d been keen to get an ambassadorship, he hadn’t expected it to be New Edom, especially not after he’d identified the Allied States as a potential rival to Adiran power owing to its ambitious leadership and increasing unity as a nation state. Someone apparently agreed with him, however, so here he was again.

The morning of the protest, Nelson entered his office and found his deputy chief of staff Bill Collins waiting for him. Collins was bald, taller than Nelson, and a bit on the thin side. “Ambassador, there’s just one thing that’s not already on the schedule. A journalist from ANBC called this morning,” Collins said.

“Oh goody,” Nelson said. “Who do we got? Wagner? Cole? It’s not Olsen, is it?” he asked, looking abruptly concerned.

“Eastnam,” he said, shaking his head.

Nelson’s shoulders sank. “He’s still in the country? I thought he left after the strike?”

“He did but he came back. Apparently he’s trying to get around the Union and gain access to the Arvo camps,” Collins said blankly.

“Great. What’s he want with us?”

“Says he’s having trouble getting anything. Shocking, I know,” Collins said sarcastically. “He’s looking for contacts.”

“Phew,” said, sighing. “All right, ‘we’ll do anything we can, we’ll keep in touch, but we can’t promise anything definite.’ Maybe that’ll get rid of him.”

“Eastnam’s a muckraker. He’ll probably wander around a bit more,” Collins reminded him.

“Not if the muck’s frozen solid. We’ve got enough to worry about with rumors of some gay demonstration today,” Nelson pointed out.

The meeting with Eastnam went more or less as Nelson planned it: The embassy had the utmost concern for the welfare of indigenous peoples in southern Ceti, they were keeping a close eye on the situation, at present they could not offer Eastnam much more than he already knew, his previous contacts were the same people they might recommend, etc.

“Now, is there anything else I can help you with, Mr. Eastnam?” Nelson asked with a pleasant smile.

Eastnam was a bespectacled man with skinny arms and a bit of a paunch. He rubbed his chin a moment and said “Not on this matter, Ambassador, thank you. Do you have any comment on the march today?”

“On this particular march, this embassy has not taken an official position. We don’t know for sure that it’s even happening today, much less its stated goals or its organizers,” Nelson said, glancing at Collins for clarification. “Generally our government of course supports the right to peaceful assembly and to petition the government. To my understanding that is the purpose of this march. I also know that the Secretary of State raised concerns about the treatment of the Edomite gay community to senior government officials.”

“Does the embassy support the protestor’s position, though?”

“The embassy does not know what the protestors’ position is. They haven’t assembled yet as far as I know. So the embassy has no official position,” Nelson reiterated.

Eastnam bid farewell to the ambassador and left the embassy, at which point Nelson said “Whew, now all we have to do is get through today…”

Eastnam, however, quickly found out that the rumors were true, and did his utmost to cover the event. Making his way into the crowd, Eastnam took a number of photographs of the early stages of the march. Marshals were standing by but not interfering with him. If the somewhat out of shape, fully clothed Adiran didn’t stand out enough already, his camera would have marked him even more.

Eastnam tried to seek out speakers first, then anyone who looked like they were leaders of a group, until finally turning to anyone willing to speak. Realizing they were risking themselves legally, he would have asked permission to film them before doing so. Generally he asked the same questions, following up if he picked up on something or they had more to say:

“What is the purpose of this march?”

“Which group do you represent?”

“How have the current laws affected you or people you know?”

“Do you think anyone in the government is listening?”

“What help would you want from foreigners?”

Things started to change. The crowd swelled and the march stalled for several hours. Things started to turn into a party, and Eastnam eventually moved off to the edge of the square, filtering through where he could, occasionally snapping a picture. When the ETC showed up, Eastnam was almost relieved for something to do. Unless they shooed him away immediately, he repeated the process again, approaching their vehicles without any apparent fear, explaining who he was, asking permission before filming, and then asking similar questions if they were willing.

“Who do you represent?”

“What do you hope to achieve here today?”

“Do you support the current laws?”

“Do you think the government is listening to you?”

“Do you have anything to say to the foreigners the marchers hope to influence?”

Eastnam’s relocation inadvertently kept him from being swept up in the densest part of the crowd. After finishing speaking to the ETC, he moved slowly along the periphery…until he saw white clouds ahead. The crowd had halted. Eastnam stared ahead a moment, then began to walk calmly backwards, pushing his way past if necessary, not speaking to anyone unless stopped. He quietly made his way down a side street, then looped back around until he reached the back of the Adiran embassy. The crowd could be heard on the other side of the building.

He knocked on the door, explained to the confused cook that he couldn’t get in the front door, and asked to see the receptionist.

“I was here earlier, my name is Rod Eastnam. I’m trying to cover the protest for ANBC. Can I get a second floor window on…this side of the building?” he asked.

“A…window? For what?”

“Filming,” he said.

“Mr. Eastnam, I really don’t know about that,” she said.

“Why, is someone working up there? Will I disturb them?”

“Yes, quite possibly,” she said a bit hesitantly.

“Oh, what’s their name? Maybe I can explain what’s going on?” Eastnam said pointedly.

“Mr. Eastnam…no, no, I really can’t,” she said.

“Listen, I’m just one guy, and I don’t have a camera crew in tow here, and I might miss this story,” Eastnam said, before looking at her pointedly. “Could you please just get in touch with someone, maybe the chief of staff?”

She pursed her lips and looked at him with disdain. “Wait a moment, Mr. Eastnam.” She got on the phone.

Eastnam paced. Several minutes passed as she spoke, but a hush came over the embassy as they heard the sound of shouting and loud pops. “I’ve gotta get up there,” he finally said to the receptionist and rushed past.

“Mr. Eastnam, wait!” she called after him. She then said into the phone “Mr. Collins, he’s on his way, he’s not listening.”

Collins managed to intercept the reporter on the stairs. “Eastnam, what are you doing here? You’re giving Janet a hard time, you’re not supposed to be here.”

“I’m covering the march. I need a window on this floor,” Eastnam explained brusquely.

“Hold on, this is an embassy. You can’t just wander around by yourself,” Collins said.

“I’m not after state secrets today, sir, I just need to film the Edomite government cracking down to prove they did it since no one else will,” Eastnam replied.

“Cracking down?”

“They’ve used teargas already, I can hear them getting closer. I don’t have time, are you going to let me through?”

“You’re involving the embassy in this,” Collins insisted.

“Somebody has to. I’m going to film it and let the public decide for themselves. They’ve gotten away with too much these past three years,” Eastnam argued.

“Are you going to make me call security?” Collins threatened.

A frown crossed Eastnam’s face for an instant, then faded. “You said the Secretary supports the rights of the Arvo. I happen to know she also supports LGBT rights. If you don’t let me through, I’m calling Brad Henderson, and he’ll start making calls to New Laconia.”

“Brad Henderson,” Collins said flatly. “The CEO? With all due respect, Mr. Eastnam, bullshit.”

Eastnam dug out his phone and said “Here’s a picture of me at his wedding.”

Collins glared at Eastnam, then shouted “Sam!”

There were footsteps approaching. Collins explained “You put this embassy in any danger, embarrass the government, or so much as leave Sam’s sight for a second, and you’ll kiss your visa goodbye. I’m letting you film from an office, up the stairs, third door from the right. Sam will show you the way.” A broad-shouldered man in a dark suit came down the stairs to meet them.

Just as he entered the room there was a terrible din outside. Eastnam’s camera arrived just in time to capture chaos. Smoke obscured his lines of sight everywhere but on the street immediately below him, but he saw enough. He filmed a man on the ground being beaten by armed police, and captured images of people desperately fleeing for their lives. At one point he captured a video of masked cavalry riding through the streets. The acrid smell of teargas burned his eyes and nostrils even through the window.

The reporter filmed the Edomite response as it escalated. He filmed vans arriving, a few desperate rioters hurling bricks, a helicopter flying overhead, and although he didn’t see them, his camera captured the sounds of explosions. When the smoke drifted he got a shot of a bloody body in the street. One of the last things he filmed from that vantage point was a mass of people heading for the embassy’s front door.

In another part of the embassy, Collins knocked on the door to the ambassador’s office. Nelson looked sour. “State Department says to support Adiran journalism and to help him monitor the situation. They say LGBT rights are threatened in New Edom and it’s a matter of concern to the Secretary of State. They’ll very helpfully back us up,” Nelson said icily. “Eastnam gone yet?”

“No, and there are protestors on the street asking to be let in. They say police are killing them, and we can see a few bodies in the street ourselves,” Collins explained.

“God damn it, the Edomites just can’t help themselves can they? Will they move on? I don’t want to deal with the fallout from this. What a mess…” he trailed off and looked past Collins.

Collins looked behind him. Eastnam was in the doorway. “Mr. Ambassador, thought you should know there’s a crowd of people looking for asylum at the door. There are soldiers in the street in addition to police. It’s getting desperate out there.”

Nelson and Collins looked at each other. After a pause, Collins said “Yes, Mr. Eastnam, I was just explaining that to the Ambassador.”

For a second Nelson hesitated, glanced at Eastnam briefly, then sprung to his feet and said “Well, don’t just stand there, let them in, for god’s sake!”

The doors to the Adiran embassy opened and the crowd outside was ushered inside. A uniformed security guard was working to direct them all to the main lobby. “I need everyone in three single file lines. Does anyone need immediate medical attention?”
Last edited by Hittanryan on Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Cossack Khanate
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cossack Khanate » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:04 pm

Finneberg, New Edom

“I understand...yes...yes, have the troops ready for departure..yes, quite, I’m sure they’ll agree. O.K, sir, I’ll see to it. thank you, bye”. Lieutenant Oslo Dusk hung up on base. After hearing of the riots while on duty in the region, he asked for permission to visit the torn country. He was unarmed, leaving his weaponry at base. The Cossack government wanted to see if the New Edom government was willing to allow Cossack order-keeping troops.

Dusk headed straight for the block of government offices...
The Holy Decreeist Empire of Cossack Khanate
We don’t use NS Stats, to do so would be ridiculous. You also can’t check my factbooks...because they are in Google Docs. Tee hee
Council of Free Market Economies ,ReArk Armaments (WIP)
A proud member of the regions Cornellia (IC) and Farkasfalka (OOC).
Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Me in not so much of nutshell: The Nutshell

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:33 pm

Japanese/Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere Embassy grounds, Fineberg, New Edom

The Kempeis and the IJRG watched from the embassy while the crowds started to disperse and head for the Kylarnatian Embassy, while a small group remained behind at the Japanese gates still pleading to be let in, one woman lashed out at Sergeant Karibuchi. "You're all just as bad as the police, militia, and the military!" Sergeant Karibuchi could only roll his eyes in response. That statement was nothing in the eyes of the security of the embassy. The Kempeis and the IJRG did regular rotations of security in embassies to nations outside of Japan's sphere of influence, most of the time these rotations ended up with Kempeis fresh from fighting ever still present resistance against Japanese rule in Australia, North America, and lately the middle east. Indeed the Kempeis were their own breed of monsters, before the Asia-Pacific war, the Japanese worked closely with the Gestapo to further enhance methods of interrogation and incorporated ancient methods from the years of the Sengoku Jidai to get information or to just punish an offender of the law against the Shogunate.

"You have no idea how "bad". We can be." Sergeant Karibuchi replied in English albeit with a heavy Japanese accent as he walked back and forth in front of the firing line still set at the gate of the embassy. The woman and the last few people, about ten in all left the gate, leaving it free for people to come and go without issue. It quickly became apparent that this was only due to the approaching militia and military that passed by the embassy. Sergeant Karibuchi then turned around to face the security under his command. "Alright the situation is over, return to your posts." Sergeant Karibuchi switched back to Japanese and the IJRG guards took their place at the Japanese side of the gate once more while two Kempeis took their places at each side of the steps leading up into the embassy. The others left over went back inside while Sergeant Karibuchi took to the Kōban that stood behind the IJRG guard on the right side of the gates, with a CCTV set up that allowed Sergeant Karibuchi to check the cameras which were attached on high poles at each corner of the wall that surrounded the Japanese/Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere embassy.

Office of the Shogun, The Imperial Palace, Kyoto, Mainland Japan, The Empire of Japan

Shogun Yuuhi Koubuin watched from a tablet which played the most recent news outside of the country, local Japanese state media were as of yet forbidden from reporting on the protest. Atleast until the government could spin it in a way which furthered it's own agenda. And thus far everything fell inline to allow the Japanese to spin the story into one of another nation following the example of Japan against the backwards practices of the LGBT as Japan, or more exactly, the Japanese Shogunate had seen it and framed it as so in it's continuous state propaganda campaigns.

Suddenly a knock was heard at the two dark oak wooden doors which made up the entry to the Shogun's office. "Enter." Yuuhi said, turning off the tablet, proceeding to set it down on her desk as a vassal retainer of the IJRG, clad in the standard dark crimson and royal purple trim uniform came in, bowing her head to the Shogun. "Second Lieutenant Tsukuyomi. I'm glad you've come by. I need you to run to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and have Regent Takatsukasa write a communique to the New Edomite government, offering our congratulations on successfully putting down this uprising." Shogun Koubuin said, Vassal Retainer Tsukuyomi bowed her head once more before leaving. "Yes, your majesty." She said before turning and leaving Yuuhi's office.

Thus far everything was proceeding according to plan and it seemed as if there'd be no need for the plan the Shogun herself had put forward to eliminate any possible taint of Japanese citizens by western ideals...

The Imperial Ministry Of Foreign Affairs of the Japanese Empire and the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, Kyoto, Mainland Japan, The Empire of Japan.

The Imperial Ministry Of Foreign Affairs was a tall, somewhat "western" in appearance building, however this was only due to it being originally constructed in the early 20th century when Japan had a strange obsession with anything western, quite a contrast between the Japan which was just barely emerging on the world stage after the Russo-Japanese War, and the technological, military power that dominated the whole of Asia, the Pacific, and Western North America in the wake of the Asia-Pacific War of 1941-45.

Vassal Retainer Mana Tsukuyomi made her way through the massive crowds which travelled up and down the side walks of the bustling city that was the capital of the Japanese Empire and in effect the main hub of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Mongolian, Vietnamese. Essentially every person one could imagine from the closest and the farthest territories of Japan ultimately would meet here atleast once in their lives, whether it be to see the sights, to catch a glimpse of the Imperial family, or for the traditional festivals of the Japanese Empire.

After finally making her way through the crowds, Mana reached the steps of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs which was guarded by the Imperial Royal Guard as per usual like most buildings of importance in Kyoto and abroad, the Tozamas at the doors bowed their heads to the Vassal Retainer as she passed and went inside, making her way to the elevators she waited as one came down and a group of men and women in clothing mixed from China and Korea were all speaking to each other as they got off the elevator. Mana went in after they left and hit the button for the top floor which held Regent Kyoko Takatsukasa's office.

She had taken the office of Foreign Minister when the Koubuin family of the Regency council had been chosen by the Emperor to ascend to power, leaving the position open and only her to fill it. After a somewhat lengthy elevator ride, the bell rang and the doors opened to show a long hallway which Mana made her way down immediately towards the sliding wood doors of the Regent's office. Going to the doors she knocked then slid the doors apart, opening the way to the office. "Vassal Retainer Tsukuyomi? What might I ask is the reason for your visit?" Kyoko asked, turning away from her computer.

"The Shogun wishes for you to convey in a letter of congratulations, obviously enough. Congratulations to the New Edomite government for crushing the uprising in their country as well as our support, your highness." Vassal Retainer Tsukuyomi said before bowing her head and backing out of the room, sliding the doors shut. Her footsteps echoing down the long hallway as she left. Kyoko could only shake her head. "My own stance on this clearly the opposite of the Shogun's but she's the one the Emperor chose." Kyoko whispered to herself before letting out a sigh and turning back to her computer to start on the communique to the New Edomite government on behalf of Shogun Yuuhi Koubuin.

日本太平洋帝国帝国外務省の公式声明
Official Communique from the Imperial Foreign Ministry of Affairs of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States

To: The Government of New Edom
From: The Imperial Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States, Imperial Foreign Minister, Head of the 5th Regency House of Takatsukasa, Kyoko Takatsukasa, on behalf of her Imperial Majesty, the Shogun of the Japanese Empire, Yuuhi Koubuin
Encryption Level:None

On behalf of her Imperial Majesty, the Shogun of the Japanese Empire, Yuuhi Koubuin. I wish to extend congratulations to you and your military for the successful operation against the uprising by those who walk under the banner of the "LGBT". While we are aware of the spiritual differences and indeed the cultural differences of our two great peoples, we wish for you to know that Japan and in effect the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere sends it's support for your government and military in this matter. Should you require anything of Japan then know we shall do our absolute best to support your efforts in the future against such people.

Signed. Imperial Foreign Minister of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States, Head of the 5th Regency House of Takatsukasa, Regent Kyoko Takatsukasa
署名された 日本太平洋帝国外務大臣、第五回高等弁務団長、リージェント高槻恭子
Last edited by Japan and Pacific States on Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:All is well

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Presidential Palace
Press Room
Thermodolia City

“Good afternoon”, President Jacob Zarman began, “As we all know New Edom brutally attacked protesters who where marching peacefully. This is a grave problem. The right to protest peacefully without harm or fear of repression must be held sacrosanct.

While my government and the federal parliament have both condemned New Edom I would also like to condemn those protesters for using violence and those, homofront in particular, who take advantage of these peaceful protesters to further their own goals. To homofront I say lay down your weapons, cease your attacks, and stop making it hard for LGBT Edomites to peacefully protest.

To everyone else I ask that cooler heads prevail and that we should not go head first into military action. I beg the government of New Edom and her supporters to back off on military force.

Furthermore I ask that all parties come to the Thermodolian Embassy in Fineberg for diplomatic talks. We need not shed more blood than has already been spilled. We must have an open dialogue between all sides.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Thermodolia on Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Arbites
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arbites » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:58 pm

Imperial Embassy

The Imperial embassy had heard rumors similar to the others, but assumed the march would never come to fruition. After all, the Council Police should make quick work of them and preempt any unseemly demonstration. Sure enough, however, an entire horde of deviants and degenerates assembled in the streets below and began moving past. Occasionally the embassy would send someone out to report on the status of the march.

Ambassador Lee was calm, but his wife grew increasingly alarmed with each report. “They’re fornicating in the streets and distributing communist propaganda! And they’re coming this way!”

“There there, honey, it is under control. The head of security is posting his men on the rooftops and at the windows,” he explained.

“But is it enough? By the Emperor there are so many of them!” she said breathlessly.

“I’m sure it will be enough. Plus the police will stay on top of things. It was far worse three years ago after…the disaster,” he said, looking distant a moment.

The Imperial embassy security detail equipped themselves with rifles and set up positions on the roof and in a few of the windows. The guards generally stared at the crowd with contempt and disgust, like a swarm of mosquitoes was buzzing past.

Then salvation came. There was a moment of alarm on the roof as the teargas arrived. One of the guards shouted “Gas, gas, gas! Back inside!”

Most of the guards watched with amusement from the window. Watching a terrified choking man run from a mounted policeman, one guard gave a running commentary “Ah, we got a runner, we got a runner, will he make it—nope! Ha!”

“Hey, there’s a big group headed this way,” another said, squinting and leaning to get a better look. “There’s gotta be at least two hundred of them. They’re ducking into alleys like they’re going to make a stand.”

“Better report it,” someone else said, walking to find the head of the security detail.

“We hold fast until this riot is over,” the sergeant commanded. He turned to a subordinate and said “I expect it will be over shortly, but call the city militia. Inform them there is a mob moving south by the Arbiter embassy. They don’t appear to be openly fleeing.”

Order Eidos
International Press Statement

The Curia is appalled to learn of the latest abhorrent attempt by Homofront to destroy the fabric of modern civilization. The Imperium condemns the rioting and bedlam sowed by Homofront agents throughout the world. Our government offers New Edom whatever assistance it can provide in apprehending any culprits still at large.

Fineberg has in many ways been on the front line in the fight against Homofront. New Edom’s unyielding commitment to faith and family has caused this evil organization to commit atrocities on innocent Edomite subjects, sparing neither women, children, or the infirm.

This mad death cult wants us to be afraid. They want us to cower and submit to their authority. Their goals are in vain. The Imperium stands with our allies in New Edom, and we shall know no fear.
He who stands with me shall be my brother

Ekamijan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekamijan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:50 pm

Official Statement from Ekamijan Soviet State

we regret the oppressive actions of your government but that is the sovereignty of your own country so we will not interfere in the matter.
Last edited by Ekamijan on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

White Bluff
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:57 pm

New Edom wrote:Fineberg, New Edom

Smoke still drifted through the capital. Not all casualties, not all persons fleeing the carnage had gone to embassies. The Forum Idumeum, the large downtown mall built by a roman developer, was crowded with frantic people who had fled there. In fact virtually none of those were actually suffering anything but the lightest injuries, but they were all afraid, and it was a good place to organize. Dr. Zephaniel, the President of the New Edomite Purple Cross, arrived with a sorrowful expression and a volunteer ambulance fleet of trucks and cars bearing medical supplies, bottled water and some emergency rations. The volunteers began to distribute these things, and also began to go out into the streets, purple cross flags waving prominently to try to avoid being accosted by city militia and the troops.

He avoided any political remarks, simply stating to any foreign journalists, “I am not taking a political stand. However in imitation of Christ, regardless of whether one is a dreadful sinner or not, I say: what we do unto the least of these, we do to Him. We just want to help the injured and the fearful.”

Radimostanian Embassy

The sound of weapons discharging had largely died down, but a crowd of dozens was still outside the embassy. A warden in an orange reflective vest over camouflage gear pleaded, “Please, let us in, I’m sure they’re going to kill us all! We can line the hallways or all sit on the roof! You have to help us!” He gestured towards frightened, ashen faces of people gathered around, signs and banners abandoned on the streets.

“They don’t have enough room,” a bespectacled elderly man insisted. “It’s not their fault, they’re just an embassy. Look, the shots are dying down. Let’s get to a church or a shop or something and take shelter there and figure out what’s going on. Come on, people, let’s leave these good folks alone.” He began trying to get everyone’s attention.

A woman who looked nauseous from a head injury that was bleeding down her face looked confused. “Martin? Martin don’t leave me…”

The elderly man’s face worked with emotion but he touched her hand before the doors were closed. “Naomi, you need help. These people will help you. I’ll find you later.” he forced himself to turn away. The woman wept but was too weak to resist, and the crowd began to drift away into the street, huddled together like sheep.

Meanwhile, out in the streets, a squad of Royal Cavalry Guards on horseback were moving through the streets and found the damage embassy car, and approached cautiously. The horses tossed their heads but were well trained and did not flinch at the occasional bark of a rifle or the rumbling noises of armoured vehicles, the thunder of helicopters above them. “Say,” said a corporal in a voice muffled by his gas mask, “What’s this?” They could hear a woman screaming inside.

The corporal said, “Watch out, these damned insurgents are everywhere.” He dismounted and approached the car.

“Are you sure they’re insurgents, corporal?” said a young Guardsman. “I can’t see any weapons except for that bunch who fought us near Betharan.”

“That’s their trick, they use human shield tactics, the bastards.” the corporal, who spoke only Latin and Baran, sheathed his baton and held his riot gun cautious and called out, “Hey in there. Identify yourselves!”

The McNernian Embassy

Bells were ringing in the city; church bells of the city’s churches calling the faithful and urging peace. People lined up nervously as the embassy officials began to task the applicants in an orderly manner. Some were upset and frightened and there was chaos outside the embassy itself as panic began to spread.

“Just let us in! Can’t you see they’re killing us out here?” demanded a short haired woman in a shaking voice. “We’re from the Freedom of Expression group, we aren’t even gay or anything, we’re just trying to start a public dialogue and they shot at us!” She gestured and in fact held up by several fearful looking naked men was another who was being patched up by a worried looking older woman but his bandages were clearly soaking from three gunshot wounds.

“Let us in! Let us in!” cried a number of people, and the chant began to grow as people clapped in unison. The calmer voices of reason began to get drowned out; at least the frightened protesters could do this.

White Bluffian Embassy
Fineberg, New Edom

Some of those who had arrived at the White Bluffian Embassy were members of the Intellectual Party of New Edom, including Gregory Darmen, a good looking man in his early thirties with dark slicked back hair wearing a now torn and dirty dress shirt and slacks, who said, “I am a member of the Chamber of Deputies, and I beg you to let me use your phone. I want to call journalists, magistrates, diplomats, it’s an outrage! How dare they shoot at us, I’m an elected official for the love of God!”

“Get out of the way, you leech,” snapped one of the march organizers in her orange vest. “This is serious, we have injured people here, your speechifying can wait!” A cacophony of yelling and panic began. The injured needed medical attention from beatings and from tear gas, eyes and nostrils streaming; several men and women sat down where they were and started weeping desperately. A liberal Apostolic priest in a black cassock urged people to pray and calm themselves.

All of them flinched as a trio of six wheeled APCs came rumbling to a halt outside the embassy. Each spewed out four soldiers who proceeded to stand there. Some of them lit cigarettes. They seemed to be waiting for something.

Embassy of the Imperium Antiquum

People at places such as the The Empire of Japan and the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere Embassy (which would not let in anyone at all) , the McNernian embassy (with the inertia of its bureaucracy) or the Radimostanian Embassy (which didn’t have enough room) were wandering, worried and frightened, dashing from street to street, crouching behind abandoned buses or hiding in alleys, but eventually they all began to hear people shouting “The Kylarnatian Embassy! Come on, they’re taking [i]everyone[/]! Come on, quick!” The other alternatives, churches and the Forum Idumeum or the parks were either farther away or filling up rapidly. And in some cases, there were rumors that the End Times Church militia, armed with clubs and machetes, were barring entry to anyone but those who vowed that homosexuality was an abomination before God, affirmed the Nicene Creed and kissed the Holy Cross.

And thus, a crowd of hundreds began to gather outside the embassy, people who were in tattered remnants of provocative drag, march organizers in orange vests, religious pacifists and human rights activists, free speech and expression activists, all clamoring to be let in. Some wore t shirts expressing “Let love be the whole of the law” while others were naked, still others in camouflage, others in normal Western style clothing, some in robes. A crippled veteran with crutches tried to help people organize into lines. As this was forming, several militia in riot gear appeared at the end of the street. One was clearly speaking into a radio. A megaphone blared out, “THIS IS AN UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY! DISPERSE AT ONCE!”

Meanwhile, Legatus Crassa received a telephone call. “Legatus, this is Elizabeth Corbulo, Undersecretary of Foreign Affairs. The Foreign Minister is in Council just now, but we can arrange a meeting if you can give me some idea of what your concerns specifically are, or I might be able to help you…I hope everything is well at the embassy?”

Guadalupadorian Embassy

Blood immediately splattered the floor. As in a war zone, men were dragging or carrying in casualties. Eyes rolled in bloody faces; a man shook so badly the improved stretcher he was on, made from sign posts and banners, trembled as though in a storm, while he managed, “So cold...blankets, for the love of Christ…” and a woman with gritted teeth plastered a garbage bag against the greasy coil of guts threatening to escape his abdomen. Others were brought in. These were the ones who had tried to fight back. A number of them lay scattered out on the streets. Through the embassy doors a scattered group, flinging molotov cocktails and bricks, were suddenly shot down from beyond the smoke, and an abandoned truck was struck powerfully, shook violently and black smoke began to pour from it. Others ran past the embassy in masks.

As the two dozen or so injured and their helpers poured in, two women, one naked but for unintelligibly smeared former painted words, one wearing an orange vest, jeans and a tank top, were filming with their phones. They were both journalism students who were part of the Edomite civil rights movement, and they seemed to stare in horror but determined to capture all that they could.

White Bluffian Embassy
Fineberg, New Edom

"Everyone please calm down, we are trying to get those who need medical attention first, as they are in the most need, we will help everyone in whatever way we can," the Duchess spoke calmly as she could but the demands of Mr. Darmen was getting on her nerves, she turned to an Embassy employee, "Marie, please take Mr. Darmen to one of the phone's, but keep an eye on him," the young lady nods and leads the man to a phone down the hall.

"Now everyone I am Duchess Celine Elizabeth Victoria Beckham, I am the Ambassador to New Edom for Her Imperial Majesty's Government of White Bluff." She watched as the crowd flinched as the APCs pulled up, she walked to the front door. "What are they doing?" She walks out to herself and calls for the guards, "Close the gate, don't let anyone in without my approval." "Yes ma'am." The guards quickly do as they were told, Celine walks back in to the Embassy, unsure what to do next.
Last edited by White Bluff on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mediama » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Private Alfred Jones was stationed in a guard booth next to Lance Corporal Janice Dawkins and two other men. The day was a normal one for them as Embassy Guardsmen for the Mediama Royal Marines. Get up, practice calisthenics, eat breakfast, then get a briefing. Stand around patrolling for five hours until lunch, then take a break before going back to standing around until eight in the evening, when the night guard took over. The day was pretty slow for them. Aside from the loud ambiance of sound coming from not too far away.

"Looks like some of your normal ruckus, huh?" Jones commented.

Dawkins nodded, "Nothing we haven't seen before, private. It'll cool down before you know it." Among the briefings, the Master Sergeant had mentioned that an LGBT+ march was going to take place in protest of current government policies. They had been told to watch out for troublemakers, and to radio it in if something happened.

The minutes wore on. Through the stream of suited men and travelers coming in and out of the ambiance grew louder and louder.

Suddenly, gunshots rang out. Private Jones jerked and lowered his L1A1 SLR, Dawkins held him steady. "They're still far from here, just normal riot control. It's probably rubber bullets."

"R-Right." Jones nodded, shouldering his arms again, and returning to his normal stance.

Suddenly, screaming rang out and soon, masses of bloodied bodies were rushing into the embassy district. The marines looked on in horror as protesters limped into the district, some of the naked and clothed masses were bleeding with large gaping holes, others were carrying other people to safety.

A woman, and two men carrying bags with various wires and camera equipment and a bloodied young lady ran towards the marines.

Flinching based on basic training instinct, and mostly out of fear, Jones spread his feet shoulder length apart, and lowered his bayoneted rifle again, yelling, "H-Halt! Who goes there!?"

"Dianne Winston, Mediaman Broadcasting Corporation! We were covering the protests! We have wounded!"

"Shit" Dawkins rushed toward the group, along with two other marines. As Dawkins leaned in for a closer look, Winston replied, "Me and my crew are alright, it's the girl we're worried about." Dawkins nodded, then leaned towards the girl, only to freeze up as her blood ran cold.

She knew the girl one of the locals she had met at a cafe in the business district, not so far from a college she had mentioned beforehand. During her leave days, she often spent time with the girl, they built something that seemed like it was going to amount to something.

Now she was lying in front of her, bleeding out.

Dawkins turned and yelled, "Smith!"

"Lance Corporal!"

"Get some bandages and first aid for her. Rest of you, process these people, now! Get these people in! Protestors, tourists, whatever! If they're asking for asylum, take it!" And with that the rest of the marines took the group in, and began organizing themselves. Before they took away the girl, Dawkins touched her forehead, she gently stroked it and leaned in, she whispered, "Don't worry, you'll be alright." Before she was forced to return to her job. As the marines rushed to their positions, Dawkins gestured to Jones, "Private, with me." Jones shakily nodded, both marines ran to the guard house, and Dawkins pressed the panic button, setting off the embassy alarm.

As the alarm rang out through the embassy, staffers panicked, as marines scurried to the small armory they had to grab their L1A2 Rifles, and NCO's grabbed their Sterling Sub-machine guns both usually kept under close lock and key, and kept in embassies where stability was more in flux. The marines quickly responded as they began to build up checkpoints and barricades to better gauge the stream of people. Staff Sergeant Hill ran up to the guard house, sterling in hand. "Right what happened?"

Jones stuttered, before Dawkins calmed him and replied, "Protest went awry, Staff Sarn't. Mediaman civilians were harmed in the ensuing firefights. Also have some locals requesting asylum. I-I don't know what got to me, one of them was-was... I couldn't let her lay out there and die Staff Sarn't."

"Don't worry, you made the right call, hold the line, and keep them from blowing down our gates. Do not, under any circumstances, do not fire upon local authorities until they fire upon you, understood?"

"Aye Staff Sarn't."

"Good, now get movin'!" The marines dashed out of the guard house. Already and some of the marines were lining out of the gates to maintain order. Additional marines were inside processing everyone that entered the embassy.

Staff Sargent Hill then rushed up to the ambassador's office, and barged through the door.

"Hill, thank god!, what the hell is going on out there?" A middle-aged man with graying hair and a beard turned from the window overlooking the organized chaos. Ambassador Graham brisk fully walked to his desk as Hill stood in front of him.

"Sah, the LGBT protest that occurred today turned into a riot, we have received several reports that the local government is cracking down with military force. Mediaman civilians were injured in the firefight. Some of the locals who were involved in the protest have requested asylum. We have followed standard protocol and have begun processing them."

"Without my direct order?"

"Sir, some of those protesters were bleeding out, there was no immediate medical care present."

Graham nodded. "Most of the Mediaman civilians accounted for?"

"To early to call, sah."

Graham sighed. "Put out a message recalling all Mediaman citizens to the embassy. Tell them to bring along anyone they believe may be in immediate danger."

"Anyone sah?"

"As much as I hate to admit it, this situation has been deteriorating for quite some time now. With the amount of civil strife that went on recently, it was bound to happen. I'll see what I can do, but it doesn't seem like I'll be able to have them see reason. I've already failed trying to have them consider more humane legislation to better confidence in relations between our nations."

The Master Sargent nodded, "Aye sah."

"You have your orders, dismissed."

The marine snapped to attention and a salute, and marched out the door.

With that, Ambassador Graham sent a communique to Illustrantia, detailing the situation to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and then relaying with the Prime Minister. After brief discussion, a reply came back authorizing the acceptance of protesters wishing for sanctuary until they were processed as Mediaman refugees, with orders for Graham to contact their ministry of foreign affairs to work out details.

Mediaman Ministry of Foreign Affairs

From: Ambassador Dennis Graham, Mediaman Ambassador to New Edom
To: New Edom Ministry of Foreign Affairs

To whom it may concern,

Under orders from my government, I am to notify you that we will be taking in refugees from the current civil strife regarding the issue of gay rights. We are willing to take in any political prisoners from the ensuing arrests, and are currently taking in protesters requesting asylum. Under extraterritoriality, we will NOT give permission for local authorities to enter our embassy to arrest said protesters. Any attempts to do so will be met with force.

We have warned you once before of the consequences you may have in not providing for the needs of the people, should you continue to crack down harshly on your own people, should Mediaman civilians be harmed from this said strife, and should you arrest any Mediaman nationals under false pretenses, you will face the consequences.

Any further communications can be made through E-Mail or through direct conference at our embassy.

Signed,

Dennis Graham

Dennis Graham, Mediaman Ambassador to New Edom
Last edited by Mediama on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Ru-
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ru- » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:00 pm

Situation Room, Imperial Palace

"Just what in the nine hells do they think they're doing?"

A Ruvian military officer, middle aged and highly decorated from the look of the insignia on his uniform, stood next to an older, hard looking man. Also military. They were watching a radar monitor tracking fighter jets over the seas near New Edom. He spoke up "Nifonese strategic bombers, two. They're G-17M Gingas. They have entered Edomite airspace. Has New Edom requested Nifonese military assistance?" The first man answered back. "Nope not that I know of, those boys are flying in uninvited. They must be really spooked to be doing this already. A few gays get gunned down, Ru speaks out against it, and right away Nifon sends in the air-force. I forget how paranoid and jittery they can get once we start getting involved. Can't believe how radicalized SACTO has gotten now if they're all deciding that it ought to be perfectly acceptable to just blow up a bunch of civilians with ballistic missiles. Guess we can thank the influence of our old friends for that." He gestured toward the image of the Ginga bombers on the monitor. A decent number of somewhat young looking technicians were hunched over monitors and various other data feeds. One of them spoke up. "Sir! The bombers have touched down on the Edomite airstrip in Finberg." The middle aged general nodded "Copy that. It would seem that they have not yet decided to start bombing their own ally, at least." he turned to his associate. "Do you think we ought to move the HMS Imperator into those waters as a precaution? Make the Nifonese aware that they won't be able to act like bloody fools without consequence..."

The tap-tapping of a cane could be heard approaching behind them. "New Edom is a SACTO signatory, and Greater Nihon is SACTO. New Edom may not have asked for these bombers to be sent, but I'm confident that they will not complain." There stood a rather old man, in a fine, well pressed suit and still looking somehow imposing, in spite of him leaning rather noticeably on that cane. His face was well worn and his hair mostly gone, what's left thinning and frazzled. He had an aged and haggard look about him as if he had just gone through some terrible war. Though some would argue that spending almost 3 years as the ruler of Ru in all but name was more or less the same thing.

"Ah, Mr. Anedi Flanders, Imperial Chancellor. A pleasure." said one of the officers, saluting. "And Lord Protector, which makes me commander-in-chief, general." he responded. "And I would rather not needlessly escalate hostilities any further then we have already. This is not a provocation, it is a merely a symbolic demonstration of Nifon's support. Let us wait until they actually do something worthy of response before we start playing around with His Majesty's warships."

"Speaking of the king, shouldn't he be here with you, Lord Chancellor?" Asked the military man. This civilian leader in particular had a rather dim view of the military. And he had, at times, a somewhat rocky relationship with the high ranking military personnel in His Majesty's government.

"His Majesty is sleeping. He can attend crises that happen during the times he is awake. The poor boy will have a whole lifetime of being woken up at unholy hours and having to drag himself into this room ahead of him when he's grown. Let him rest for now."

This situation in particular seemed to weigh a bit on the old man. New Edom was part of a new wave of diplomatic allies and partners that the Chancellor had championed as part of his foreign policy plan of increased global cooperation. Including nations like The Freelands, Kyrenaia, and others. It was already looking like he would be in for a very rough battle for reelection and the last thing he needed was some new scandal. He had pushed strengthening ties with New Edom heavily, so for better or worse his name was all over that country in Ru. And now it looked like it was for worse. Alot worse. His core base was young, left wing progressives who would be beyond furious at what has happened. heck, even the Ruvian conservatives were decrying the sheer forced used by New Edom in retaliation and now papers and news stations across the empire were reporting on Edomite civil rights abuses where before they were conveniently silent. If things did not change there was a risk his base could become unmotivated to turn out for him in half a year's time, especially if the Conservatives avoided extremist candidates and put forward a moderate, familiar name like that accursed Maxwell Marcus to challenge him again. He shook the thoughts out of his head. He could not serve Ru and his sovereign properly if he was preoccupied by reelection fears.

"Thermodolia is urging calm and an open dialogue." he continued, "We should deescalate this situation and follow their lead to see if we can't come to an agreement that will satisfy The Senate and the Ruvian public. There may be a way for us to find a solution and get back on track to the progress our nations have made together, so long as New Edom hasn't completely drank Nifon's poison and treats this matter with the gravity and severity it deserves."

"Better then average chance that drinking the poison is exactly what they've done." said the general. "They screwed up big here, and they know it. This thing looks awful and it's been recorded and spread everywhere to the shock of civilized nations the world over. But, Nifon's fairy tails and buzz speak will give them some nice political cover with the growing number of governments that lap it up like cats. They will take advantage of this. You say these jets are just a symbol. But Nifon is sending a clear message about how serious they are about standing by the Edomite government in this scandal, no matter how bad it looks right now, should it decide to embrace their position. They're not sending a message to us, they're sending one to New Edom."

The Chancellor considered this. For a moment, it seemed as if he might argue, but instead he nodded in agreement. "What about the trade delegation in New Edom, are all the delegates accounted for?"

The other man answered. "All but two have made it back to the Ruvian embassy and are safe. Ms. Bell went out to eat with the others when the attack started but was separated from them and is currently unaccounted for. Mr. Sossiga lagged behind to finish up discussions with the Edomites and we believe he is likely still hunkered down in the meeting hall."

"I'll send instructions for him to keep his head down and head outside, and toward the embassy. He won't like it, I imagine, but I'd rather not find out what the Edomites will decide to do if a Ruvian dignitary is in their custody when the senate puts forth another condemnation or talks of sanctions proceed further. The Nifonese have arrived and we must assume the Edomites are listening to their advice until we find out otherwise."

"Yes, Lord Chancellor. I'll call him back right away." said the officer.

At this moment one of the techs, who had seemed to be watching something on his computer, turned his chair around and addressed the chancellor.

"Excuse me, my lord? I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news but...well, you probably want to see this sir..."

Flanders leaned over close to the monitor, which was playing a live recording of a public statement from New Edom's Imperial Advisor, Princess Jocasta. It was a wholly unrepentant speech, echoing much of the language and sentiment that Nifon and it's allies had expressed earlier and praised them for their statements of support. The implication that the government of New Edom condoned and fully supported the judgement and actions of it's police and military forces in the streets of Finberg was unmistakable. The Senate had made it very clear that admonishment of those responsible for the attack on the demonstrators from the Edomite government and a pledge to bring those responsible for the outbreak of extreme force to trial were the only things that could stand in the way of a sanction vote. There was no telling how the moderate conservative holdouts would react to this. As a music video dedicated to Nifon and SACTO began to play, the old politician sighed and shook his head gravely.

"I don't suppose this somehow isn't making the rounds on social media?" Flanders asked the tech.

"Oh, it's trending alright, my lord. Her speech is not even over yet and it's right up there."

The old politician shook his head gravely. "Cael above, this will spell the end of me..." he muttered, faced lined with grim weariness.

After a moment he then sighed and stood up, brushing himself off and keeping a tight grip on his cane. Without missing a beat he turned back to to the others with a warm smile. "Well then, shall I brew us all a pot of tea, gentlemen? I have the feeling it's gonna be another long night..."
Last edited by Ru- on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 11 times in total.
A civilization with an over 3,000 year history of lizard people killing each other and enslaving everyone else. Now they've finally calmed down and formed a modern westernized constitutional monarchy. (long live Emperor Yoshio!)

Note: Any factbook entries over a year old are severely out of date and may be subject to extreme revision and retconning soon. If you have questions on anything about Ru, please feel free to ask.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:10 pm

We support New Edom's right to put down these Communist, Leftist Homofront rebels and Pere Housh will crush any LGBTQ or any Liberal and Leftist protests. Pere Housh will defend its Christian values against these Sodomites. We condemn any country that takes these rebels in their embassies.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Greater Carloso
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 24, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Greater Carloso » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:00 pm

Department of the President of the Executive Council, Madrigal, Carloso
The enemies of Carloso came in many forms. Some of these were easier to spot then others, but all still ever present, watching and waiting for the right time to strike. Since the nation's firm tilt to the right starting circa nine years ago now, being completed with its accession to the Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organisation (SACTO) in 2017, Carloso had inherited a new expanse of foes that sought to destroy it, namely in the form of asymmetrical threats including eco-terrorists, socialist radicals and queer extremists. All operated under the guiding hand of an unholy alliance forged by international finance corporatism, communism and the forces of globalism, hellbent on breaking down nations, borders and any semblance of culture contained within. Across the world, religion and tradition were being persecuted and removed from the public sphere, replaced with the endless greed of consumerism and lustful sexual degeneracy. Mass immigration from alien cultures was slowly but surely turning the countries of the developed world into amorphous grey masses of profit-maximising economic units, presented to the native populations as 'cultural enrichment', who at the same time were encouraged to kill their own children in the womb. Those who resisted in these countries were silenced as racists, misogynists, or homophobes, while a circus of raving lunatics and ideological stormtroopers ran rings around them. It appeared that Plato's warnings against democracy had come true. The descent into tyranny was well underway.

But SACTO resisted. Once in a generation leaders had risen to the challenge of preserving their countries and weathering the storm. They banded together and worked together for a better, alternative tomorrow; a new world order. Its name indicated its primary purpose fairly obviously; a military alliance dedicated to the extermination of communism, but the very nature of this enemy had changed in recent years. Knowing that it could not turn the developed world 'red' by conventional means, socialist intellectuals had developed the now infamous doctrine of 'cultural Marxism', wherein they would infiltrate, at every level, the institutions and forums of society and, over the course of generations, take control of the apparatus of the state both directly and indirectly, slowly transforming the country from the inside out. This long process was now beginning to enter its mid-life stage in many countries. As more and more people were beginning to realise the true nature of this sick ideology for what it really was, the long peace that had ensured the prosperity of the first world for the last seventy to eighty years was now beginning to crack. A rough decade now faced the entire world.

Despite the resistance, the all-encompassing, all-controlling octopus that was this ideology was still trying to make inroads into the societies of SACTO countries. As seen with busting of various organised paedophilia rings in Nifon, crushing of leftist extremists in Oceanica, thwarted Furry Front terror campaign in Carloso and now LGBTQ+ demonstrations in New Edom, it appeared that this enemy had decided to step up its efforts big time. Perhaps they were scared that the antidote to the virulent disease they had created was nearing completion, and that communism would be consigned to the dusty history books once and for all. Now was not the time to be complacent.

The international attention drawn to the incident in Fineberg was of some concern. Admittedly, even President Tobón privately thought that the measures taken by the Edomite authorities were extreme. However, he knew himself that such demonstrations couldn't be allowed to fester within a country's border in the long run, alas they transform into the kind of parasitic 'movements' for social change often observed in the developed world. He found himself glued to the updates coming in via television and from SACTO intelligence networks on the ground, as New Edom appeared to be set for a stand-off with countries that had accepted fleeing demonstrators as refugees. Tobón had personally made the decision to keep the doors of the Carlosian embassy in Fineburg firmly shut, as opposed to his colleagues in Ru, Estonland and Guadalupador, among others.

Two men now sat in front of him; the young Minister for External Affairs Aaron Delgado and venerable Director General of the National Intelligence Service Foreign Office General Michael Grader. The latter had just hand delivered a small dossier to Tobón with details surrounding the build-up to the demonstrations in New Edom. "The day draws close." President Tobón uttered solemnly, staring blankly at Delgado, "And sooner then I expected." He said this with such certainty, taking Grader and Delgado somewhat by surprise. "What do you mean, sir?" Grader asked, raising an eyebrow. Tobón looked like he was trying to remember something.

"Put on the full armour of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." the President quoted, "You know what I'm talking about. Sorry, what 'we've' been talking about." Indeed they did, for it has been discussed many times before. Amongst the higher echelons of political and military command in Carloso, such anti-nationalists and anti-traditionalists were given a morbid but accurate name; 'The Gravediggers of Nations'. Who exactly led this international hive mind remained unknown to Carlosian intelligence; if there was even a head, though a hugely incomplete web of possible associates was being slowly patched together as information gathering efforts progressed in numerous areas of interest. Despite nearly three years of work, it was nowhere near giving them a lead and much effort was spent in differentiating who was actually aware of their position within the grand scheme of things and those were really just useful idiots, such as the great majority of protesters in Fineberg. At the end of the day, they were expendable foot soldiers, no more self-aware then worker ants.

"We've known for years that this 'enemy' exists, sir. As usual, we have absolutely no clue who is responsible, though it was almost certainly staged, considering the pattern we have seen previously. Just like in Bangka and Oceanica, until we have some people on the ground doing some proper field work, we won't know who was really behind this demonstration." Grader explained.

"We've been in contact with the Edomite authorities, Cárlos, and even they aren't too sure themselves." Delgado butted in, "But whoever has caused this, I think its safe to say that they are getting the desired response. New Edom's international reputation is on the line here. Oh, and ours to some degree."

"Explain, Delgado." Tobón queried, scratching his head.

"Well, I hate to say the obvious Mr President, but the fact that Carloso and SACTO at large is siding with a country that just blew up several dozen of its citizens with missiles and grenade launchers, in the middle of a city, in plain sight of several dozen embassies, isn't going down very well internationally. There are 'whispers' that the alliance has lost the plot entirely and is gunning down its political opponents with impunity." Delgado said briefly, with a hint of sarcasm but serious concern. Grader felt the urge to throw his eyes to heaven, but resisted doing so in front of the President.

"As was intended, Delgado. We know their game by now, and they're good. Too good. They'll turn us into international pariahs, isolate us politically and economically. When the time comes to form a world government, nothing will stop them from consolidating their power and subjugating the entire planet." Tobón said with a hint of fiery anger, then somehow summoning the will to immediately extinguish it, "However, on the other hand, I knew this would happen. We have no option now but to step up our game, cut through the vines and find out who is really behind all of this." he continued, "Oh, and kill them of course."

"Can I take that as an order to deploy agents to New Edom?" Grader asked, folding his arms. Tobón nodded, "Do it General."

"Excellent. They're already airborne." Grader chirped, breaking a smile.
Last edited by Greater Carloso on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF CARLOSO
"Nation, sovereignty, unity"
SACTO SUPREME | 3rd place in Baptism of Fire 68 | RTC NEWS
MT (2024)

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:43 am

Pere Houshian Navy Seals have ordered to assassinate the Homofront leaders and any Leftist leaders in New Edom.

HAIL THE CONFEDERATION
Last edited by American Pere Housh on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Estonland
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 29, 2017
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Estonland » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:12 am

American Pere Housh wrote:Pere Houshian Navy Seals have ordered to assassinate the Homofront leaders and any Leftist leaders in New Edom.

HAIL THE CONFEDERATION

OOC:
...you realise that sending assassination squads in other nations without informing them is casus belli?
Kingdom Of Estonland
In Character: Constitutional Monarchy, Nordic Liberal Conservatism, Germanic, Anti-Communist, Anti-Fascist. A Germanic constitutional monarchy in the year 1968 CE
Out Of Character: Law student, Lutheran, Turkish. Socially centrist, economically left-wing.
National Factbook
NS Stats are NOT used

WOMAN

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:59 am

Fineberg, New Edom
Shrailleeni Embassy

The embassy building was filling up quickly and became quite crowded. The staff opened all available space to those seeking refuge, waiting rooms, break rooms, minor offices, and soon even the hallways were filling up. Scared bodies huddled against statuary from the 16th century and portraits painted in the high-relief style of the early 20th century Shrailleeni impressionists. The only rooms that weren't opened were those containing the most sensitive state information, particularly the ambassador's suite and the communications room. In the rest of the embassy it became impossible to walk without bumping into someone.

Some of the people were in fact Shrailleeni citizens, and upon confirming citizenship were permitted to wait in some of the more secure areas deeper within the embassy. But most were New Edomite activists and humanitarians. Many of them were injured or behaving frantically and the din was overwhelming. Some people were delirious and bleeding, and it took a supreme effort to bring them what mediocre first aid was available within the embassy. A crowd of teenagers led by a priest and three nuns had used in an entire group of teenagers who were now quietly sobbing on the floor beneath a portrait depicting Resyanna Shrailleen's triumph over the Second Empire.

Ambassador Katara was not very good at appearing compassionate, but she gave the task her best effort. She moved through the crowd speaking with the people, touching shoulders and arms and speaking kindly in accented but fluent Baran. She did her best to make sure that everyone had what they needed and to reassure them to be calm and that everything was alright. The fact that her expression hardly shifted from a stern intensity the entire time might have put some people off, but she hoped that her actions would speak for her empathy.

Moving among the people gave her a fresh perspective on what was quickly becoming an international incident. The Enlightened Matriarchy had used harsh measures against protesters in the past, but some of the trauma that the ambassador was seeing went far beyond injuries incurred from rubber bullets or water hoses. One young man had been dragged in suffering from a terrible blow to the head, blood leaking onto the silk carpet. Another was bleeding from shrapnel wounds. That the New Edomites had used lethal force against the protestors was something that she could confirm with her own eyes, and it shook her. She had never really seen so much human blood before, not even during her time in the army.

Some of the waiting rooms had televisions, and they were now anxiously tuned to the local news channels. On one screen was NENN news, where Colonel Weber of the 14th Hussars was shown saying “I’m quite satisfied that we have defeated the Homofront threat. There was a very credible threat of of mass buggery and sodomozation of our capital. Our militia was, naturally, not ready for such a massive threat by thousands of sodomites and their allies. Our troopers were cool headed and disciplined in response. Order is being restored, and with a minimal number of committed units. Right now, martial law is in effect for the time being.”

Imperial City,
The Enlightened Matriarchy of the Shrailleeni Empire

The news of the protests and the resulting crackdown reached the islands of the Shrailleeni Empire sporadically. Most of the islands were critically underdeveloped, and for many people in the forests and rice paddies life continued as usual. But in the most developed cities of the empire the internet supplied news faster than the state media could. In the capital where large numbers of foreigners congregated and where most citizens had access to smart phones and personal computers, images of the protests reached curious eyes almost instantly. Many young Shrailleeni felt excitement that people were pushing for recognition of what they considered to be holy love in New Edom, and word spread quickly. And so even more quickly were the images of violence shared.

Social media showed people being gunned down in the streets and horrifically beaten. A few videos depicted terrified people crowded into dark buildings before an explosion distorted the image and the scene cut off. Photographs of bloody injuries, still bodies, and triumphant police in riot gear made their rounds.

Then the major news agencies caught up with current events. The Eagle's Cry reported the incident first, displaying images of the earlier protest and its formation while Shrailleeni reporters interviewed nervous and excited participants about what they wanted to accomplish. Scenes were shown of ETC counter-protesters chanting on the sidelines. At last, some images of smoke rising from the Palace of Justice and New Edomite troops moving in were shown as the protests collapsed.

It was shortly thereafter that the international response was broadcast. Only a handful of nations condemned the violence, most praised the New Edomites and spoke harshly toward the protestors. Members of SACTO were out in force, blaming the entire thing on a Homofront plot and offering military aid to New Edom. For the Shrailleeni audience these responses smacked of the barbarian hordes of the patriarchal world assembling against the will of the Mother Goddess. Groups had already started to form around the city's universities, in a few hours protesters had gathered outside the Imperial Palace gates demanding access to the New Edomite embassy. They were joined by protests in other cities, crowds formed around the New Edomite consulate in Blue Sea, the FODE building in Froma, and in the central square of Tahlmatora. In Muldera the reaction was even stronger, a general strike was called to demonstrate support for the New Edomite protestors.

In the hall of the People's Representative Council, all was chaos. It was the first crisis that the newly elected legislature of the Shrailleeni Empire had ever faced, and tensions were high. Located inside of the specially renovated central wing of the Imperial Palace, the chamber was large and domed and reflected the design aesthetic of the early empire that could be seen throughout the palace complex. Inside of it the sense of decorum that had presided over the first few meetings was breaking down. Voices were being raised, women were speaking out of turn, and the Head of the Council was struggling to maintain order. The argument centered on what kind of response the Enlightened Matriarchy should offer New Edom. The Republicans and the political Leenists wanted harsh measures to be taken, the majority Imperial Republicans argued that this was an insane leap to take on so little evidence. Things broke down into shouting matches, male representatives received sexist slurs, and people began to walk out. The entire group of Nine Feathers representatives took up positions on the side and were leading an ancient Ra'ilti war chant, while on the other side of the room a prayer circle had been called.

On the upper floor of the palace far from the cacophony below, in a smaller room opposite the Imperial Throne Room, the Imperial Matriarchate was much more subdued. Here the eight elected Matriarchs of the empire were having a serious discussion. It was becoming clear that the real power of the newly democratic empire lay with these women rather than in the popular assembly below. Although there were technically no political parties allowed, each of these women commanded the loyalty of a certain number of representatives. Their opinions could form policy and sway votes. And so while the PRC argued below, the real discussion continued.

"My people are adamant," Yessara Fenin was saying, shaking her head. "This is a clear breach of the rights of the New Edomite people, we can't simply continue to turn a blind eye to the Edomite's transgressions any longer. The strike in Muldera will continue until we see that some progress is made."

"It's unreasonable Sister," Matriarch of State Tesseya Ressefren said with a gaze leveled at the other woman. "New Edom is a complex situation and you know it. Muldera's actions are a threat to our national security, you can't just hold half of our manufacturing industry hostage every time you don't get your way."

"The Mulderan people have rights and we will use all of our power to defend them."

"I actually agree with Sister Tesseya," Vella Remban said bluntly, glaring at Yessara. "It's bad for business Sister, and it makes you lot up in Muldera look like separatists."

"The efforts of the Mulderans are the only reason why we are here today instead of slaving under the yoke of some queen," Trissa Velar cut in. "My people still remember that New Edom helped the empire crush our revolution in the south of Fromathra. I won my election by promising to fight for the Republican ideal, and that is exactly what I intend to do. Sister Yessara is right, we have to condemn the New Edomites and stand up for our beliefs."

"Maybe we should table the strike issue for now," Princess Zala Anbesa fe Kurungarra said calmly in her Kurungan accent. "Let us focus on the matter at hand, what should our response be? The people are furious, and it doesn't sit quite right with me either. The Goddess commands us to trust in our hearts and to love one another. How can we be friends with a nation that so openly defies Her, and sit in good conscience as we do nothing to show them the way?"

"With a healthy attitude of pragmatism," Tesseya responded. "The New Edomite's remain our oldest and closest allies, and they have SACTO on their side. If we aren't careful a strong condemnation could appear aggressive. You want us to do more than say mere words," she said addressing the two Radical Republicans in the room, "but we cannot sanction New Edom without severe repercussions to our own economy, and any stronger action is impossible."

"They're blaming Homofront for everything," Yessara spoke up again, "and yet there is absolutely no evidence of Homofront's involvement. We can press that angle, demand proof and independent verification. Catch them in a lie, and force them to change their policies."

"And if it becomes known that it isn't a lie?"

"Then we can admit that with a clear conscience," Yessara concluded. "And my people will be placated."

"So you would be content with opening an inquiry?"

Yessara paused for a moment, and then nodded her head. "Yes I suppose I would. Sister?" she glanced at Trissa. "Yes that would be acceptable for Fromathra as well. As a start."

"Then let us vote on it," Tesseya said solemnly. "All in favor of advising the Mother Empress and the PRC to open inquiries into the incident, and therefore to refute the current SACTO line?"

Hands were raised.

"Then it is decided. Let us meet with Her Enlightened Majesty first, and then we can attempt to herd our representatives," she ended with a small smile. The other women laughed at that, and the tension seemed to fade from the room. For the time being, at least.

Official Message of the Enlightened Matriarchy of the Shrailleeni Empire

Greetings to all in the name of the Mother of All, the Creator of Life and the Supreme Center,

The people of the Enlightened Matriarchy have watched with no small amount of shock and astonishment the developments which occurred in Fineberg today, which have resulted in many people injured or killed and the spread of great fear and uncertainty. First and foremost our hearts go out to the injured, and we are glad that the violence has subsided and that peace and order have been restored. We pray that it shall continue.

However the people of the Enlightened Matriarchy are extremely concerned by the events that have transpired. We have seen that several governments, including those of Greater Carlos, Greater Nifon, and the Imperium of Arbites have characterized the protests as hostile action on the part of international terrorist organization Homofront. This too is the official line offered by Imperial Advisor to Gavinium Magnus Princess Jocasta, who is likewise convinced that the protests are the result of a terrorist plot to injure the Allied States. The Enlightened Matriarchy takes these accusations extremely seriously, as a state of war continues to exist between the Enlightened Matriarchy and the Homofront organization. It is the belief of all Shrailleeni that the Homofront terrorists must be confronted and apprehended in all of their forms, and that their organization is an enemy to all peace-loving people.

The Shrailleeni Empire will therefore do all that is necessary to cooperate with the Empire of New Edom in investigating and confronting the menace of Homofront. It is clear that wisdom and careful reason must guide our path.

If Homofront is responsible for the violence, then they have hidden their intentions well. Preliminary reports from Shrailleeni citizens who witnessed the rise of the protests cannot seem to verify the presence of Homofront propaganda, unusual for an organization that thrives on fear and attention. It would appear that most of the protestors were not themselves homosexual, but rather appear in film expressing Christian ideals of tolerance and rallying for a decline in the abuses leveled at homosexuals by the New Edomite government. Reports from those who took refuge from the violence within the Shrailleeni embassy appear to corroborate this. It would almost seem as though the resulting violence may have been the result of fear and miscommunication rather than the act of deliberate provocateurs. If Homofront is responsible, then they are insidious indeed.

Therefore the National Imperial Shrailleeni Assembly has passed by majority vote authorization for the office of Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen to open an investigation into this incident, to achieve clarity, knowledge, and understanding. If Homofront is responsible for instigating this violence, the Enlightened Matriarch requests the cooperation of the Empire of New Edom in assembling the necessary evidence.

The Enlightened Matriarchy holds the greatest respect for the culture and beliefs of our honorable New Edomite allies. It is no secret that our cultural differences regarding the people known as "LGBTQ" are among the most stark contrasts between us. It is currently and has been for millennia the position of the Temple of the Mother Goddess that the Mother of All creates each human life uniquely, and guides Her Children to love one another. Some of us are created quite differently from others, whether in stature or sculpture or in femininity or masculinity. In our faith differences are to be honored and celebrated, not hated or feared. We condemn Homofront's violence, but as Children of the Mother our hearts are pained by the harsh treatment of the different in New Edom. As this investigation moves forward, Her Enlightened Majesty suggests that perhaps it is time to open a dialogue toward a more Enlightened understanding of this issue between our peoples.

May the Light of the Mother smile down upon the people of New Edom,

Foreign Minister Zattem Resbruck,
On behalf of the National Imperial Shrailleeni Assembly, and,
On behalf of Her Enlightened Majesty the Mother Empress Chella Resyanna fe Shrailleen
Last edited by The Shrailleeni Empire on Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

New Aeyariss
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:17 am

MON OF MAKI KOJIRO, SHOGUN OF THE EMPIRE OF GREATER NIFON

Honorable Zattem Resbruck-san, Minister of Foreign Affairs, The Shraileeni Empire;,

I am therefore writing as a direct reply towards Chella Resyanna-Kōgō Heika's request for a dialogue regarding the issue of the recent crackdown upon a gay protest that took place in Finberg. After much deliberation and consulting his security advisers, Kojiro-sama had concluded that the local government in Finberg might have taken a wrong decision by choosing to use lethal force; for, according to opinion of Four Star Gen. Yamaguchi Kaien, current Inspector General of the Imperial Nifonese Army, dispersal of the protest was fully possible without use of lethal force. However, I am obliged, on behalf of Kojiro-sama, to explain the view of Nifonese government upon the issue of "LGBT Rights".

His excellency Kojiro-sama, and with it most of Nifonese government, does not believe that a concept of sexual orientation exists; and, according to three pillars of Nifonese culture, that being teachings of the ancient sages of Wenchuani antiquity, Krishtoukyo and Nifonese warrior code, with the middle one being the most important, the persons viewed as "LGBT" are viewed as being sexually loose, without any moral restraint towards sexuality, and as such, undermining the social harmony of the Nifonese state.

Of course, it is obvious for Kojiro-sama that The Shraileeni government does not hold that view; and neither does the Nifonese government expect Shraileeni government to accept it's view. The sole purpose of that statement is to inform the Shraileeni government of concerns of the Nifonese people; for without such information, mutual understanding is impossible.

Whatever view about the LGBT issue does the Shraileeni government hold, does not change the fact that issue of LGBT rights had been, in fact, used in the past as a diplomatic weapon against the New Edom; to both destabilize it internally, and as a justification for obvious acts of imperialism, goal of which was not to broaden rights of any group; but rather to subjugate the Edomite people and turn them into a colony of invading state. The Empire of Greater Nifon remembers well Damoclean slaughter of Edomite parliament, New Byzantine invasion attempts, or even the famed defense of Haguenau - each time, a sovereign state conducting acts that were far less offensive in the eyes of Shraileeni's worldview was forced to fight for it's survival against a group of crusading states that declared that it was fit to bring "human rights and progress" on bayonets of their soldiers.

New Edom's continued existence and domestic stability is one of key Nifonese national interests today; considering that New Edom is one of main oil suppliers to the Nifonese state, and a major trade partner in which the Nifonese state had invested heavily. In addition to that, the Nifonese government chose to side, and support, Edomite actions for the sheer fact that refusal to do so would have given a clear indication to various crusading minpon states that it's entirely possible for them to interfere in domestic affairs of conservative states to push forward aims consistent with their ideology.

It's obvious, from the current developments, that repeat of the 2013 Gay War is not within national interests of the Empire of Greater Nifon; and thus; the Empire of Greater Nifon will take any steps it deems necessary to defend the Edomite rights to decide their national affairs.

On behalf of Kojiro - sama I would like, however, to praise and commend the Shraileeni state for it's rejection of crusaderism in spreading of it's worldview, and refusal to commit acts of imperialism upon Edomite state in the name of human and LGBT rights. It's my intention to inform the Shraileeni state that the Empire of Greater Nifon holds no ill intentions to the Shraileeni state due to different religions and worldview it has; it's our understanding that Tenrigakist thought is an idea by the Nifonese for the Nifonese, and can't be applied elsewhere, especially not in state that worships entirely different kami than the Nifonese people do. Neither it's Kojiro-sama's intention to push the worship of Lord of Heaven on Shraileeni people.

As mutual ally of New Edom, the Empire of Greater Nifon notes the Shraileeni concerns about foreign miliary presence within the region. Due to commendable behaviour of Shraileeni state, the Empire of Greater Nifon will thus inform the Shraileeni state of all movements of Nifonese military in cases where such an information won't compromise safety of Nifonese soldiers. Kojiro-sama also notes Shraileeni commitment to peace, and wishes to convey that as long as Nifonese national interests are respected, he shall reply in kind with the same level of cooperation.

Honor guide you,

- TOKUGAWA ASUKA, MINISTER OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS OF THE EMPIRE OF GREATER NIFON

MON OF MAKI KOJIRO, SHOGUN OF THE EMPIRE OF GREATER NIFON

To all Honorable excellencies, ministers of Foreign Affairs of Nations of Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organization;,

The current challenge in New Edom is not something new, and neither it's something we are not accustomed too. Whatever tactical mistake had the Edomite state committed in using live fire on the protesters is obscured by the fact that aggressive imperialist nations will for sure use the occasion to come to New Edom's harm. Our organization must, therefore, take a step to protect safety, well being and security of the Edomite people. It's not unknown that New Edom is a nation that fought three civil wars in the recent past; and as such, there are still a lot of situations where Edomite state, for all the strength of the Edomite people, may need international support.

To counteract the problem, I would like to propose forming of SACTO ENCHANCED FORWARD PRESENCE FORCE - NEW EDOM. The force would be roughly regiment or brigade sized international contingent deployed on rotational basis, with each nation's contingent being present for roughly a year; the initial duration of the mission would be roughly 10 years. The force would answer to Edomite authorities, and operate according to Edomite law and Status of Force Agreement signed between the Edomite state and participating countries.

The goals of the Force would be:
- Establishing a forward presence in Edomite state by showing potential aggressors that Edomite state would not be alone in case of an invasion.
- Assisting in upholding of civil order in Edomite state, including liquidation of illegal arms trade that made 2016 Paladin Cinema attack possible.
- Training the Edomite police and security forces to prevent tactical mistakes like the recent one from occurring again.
- Assisting in building institutions of the Edomite state.
- Assisting in disaster relief.
- Building a positive image of SACTO in the eyes of the international public opinion.
- Testing ability of SACTO nations to operate together.

The government of the Empire of Greater Nifon awaits opinions of your excellencies, especially the Edomite state. It's important for us to note to the Edomite authorities that the Empire of Greater Nifon - and SACTO nations taking part in this endeavor - are partners New Edom can trust, and this trust will not, under any circumstances, be abused.

Honor guide you,

- TOKUGAWA ASUKA, MINISTER OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS OF THE EMPIRE OF GREATER NIFON
Rping in MT (2023) and PT/FanT (1564)

Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, Jesus will offer you eternal life if you believe in him!

Provostock
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Provostock » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:07 am

La Serenissima Republica de Provossa
The Most Serene Republic of Provostock

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Office of the Chancellor
PRESS RELEASE
Subject: In Regards to Recent Protests in New Edom

The Government of Provostock sees it as the right of your government to run your nation as seen fit. Riots often get out of hand, and we feel that such violent reactions were justified. Order is fragile, and the preservation of it is indeed the duty of city officials, and if they fail, the national military.

His Serene Excellency, Doge Gallus Avenicci, commends the actions of the New Edom Military in their quick response to the disorderly rabble. He also advises that other nations may take things too far over such a small incident, and warns that peaceful negotiation is the best way. However, these 'Homofront' insurrectionists are certainly not to be negotiated with. They are common criminals, and should be punished for their crimes against the national order. Rest assured that any activist found to be associated with these criminals will be extradited quickly, and that we offer them no shelter.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Jan. 21, 2019
Last edited by Provostock on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The player behind Knessniet presents
The Most Serene Republic of Provostock
La Serenissima Repubblica di Provossa

A city-state republic based on the mercantile republics of Italy and the player's political views.

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:59 am

OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE OF THE KINGDOM OF MCNERNIA
OFFICE OF THE FOREIGN MINISTER

TO:His Excellency Hosidious Geta,Foreign Minister of the Empire of New Edom, Her Excellency Tokugawa Asuka Minister of External Affairs of the Empire of Greater Nifon
FROM:Lucas Caldosean Foreign Minister of the Kingdom of Mcnernia
CC:SACTO Foreign Ministries, Foreign Minister Zattem Resbruck, Foreign Minister of the Enlightened Matriarchy of the Shrailleeni Empire
SEC:STANDARD
SUB:Military Aid

Greetings
The proposal for a Multinational Forward Presence in New Edom of the Santiago Alliance has been well received by the Defense Committees of both Houses of Parliament. HM Government supports the sovereignty and peace of New Edom, the oil industry being a asset to our own economy. Means that we would be fools not to contribute to the proposed force.

However the mandate to build the civil institutions of the New Edomite state implies at least according to the House of Commons defense committee that this would require deployment of the civil services. Which of course HM Civil Service is most inclined to do if the Nifonese Foreign Ministry and the Empire of New Edom Foreign Ministry is inclined to have it.

HM Government also believes that a deployment of the SACTO member nations Police or Gendarmery would be best for training the New Edomite Police and Security forces.

In terms of Military Force, HM Government is inclined to dispatch HMS General Zadok Hesperenius and its accompanying battle group under Vice Admiral Vice Admiral Sir Stephen Francis Macnarin and its accompanying Marine regiment. Rest assured they are riot trained.

Sincerely,

L.Caldosean, Foreign Minister
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:11 pm

Shraileeni Embassy, Fineberg

Jack paced nervously on the floor, with each passing moment he grew more and more angry. Angry at New Edom, angry at the news, angry at the fact that no nation is doing anything, and most of all angry that his own nation’s government futile attempt at resolving the situation peacefully.

These fucking Edomites don’t listen to anything but violence. Peace solves nothing. These backwater bigots need to learn what it’s like to hurt, blood needs to be drawn he thought to himself.

But first he needed to get out of the Embassy. He quickly rifled through his bag looking for anything that would help him out of here and through security checkpoints. He found he still had his forged press pass, forged Thermodolian diplomatic visa, other forged passports, one of which was from Greater Nifon, and his real passport.

Immediately he grabbed his real passport and the press pass and walked up to the nearest security officer standing post. “I’m Jack Elsêth. I’m a reporter for the Thermodolian National News and I need to get to the Thermodolian Embassy. It’s urgent.”

Hopefully soon he’d be out of the Embassy and through the security checkpoints the blasted Edomites had set up. Now all he had to do was to get out of Fineberg.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:55 pm

Warsaw-Kingdom of Poland, Commonwealth of the Kingdoms of Prussia and Poland, Intermarian Confederation
Unlike it's stoic sister, Konigsberg, the city of Warsaw was a-pardon the pun-a riot of color and sound. Schoolchildren laughed and skipped on their way to school, shepherded across streets by gas-masked traffic officers armed with automatic carbines. It was one of those few special places where you could find an angry office-worker rolling down his window to swear at the paramilitary-operated Armored Personnel Carrier ahead, telling them to get a move on, while a bemused pastry-seller shrugged and simply handed a cup of coffee to an ulhan, who then touched his hand to the brim of his cap before mounting his horse and trotting back onto the street, joining the morning rush hour.

All of buzz served only to despair one man.
Sejm-Warsaw
Crassus groaned as the representative for the Federal Republic of Germany droned on for his 3rd hour. Originally a soldier, he abruptly been crowned King of Poland, Grand Duke of Lithuania and King in Prussia, thanks to a blood test conducted by the regency council that had lead the nation since 1950.
This move had sent it's neighbors-namely Germany-into a buzz of excitement. There was talk-much talk-of monarchist revolutions, of a restoration of the reviled/beloved(depending on which side of the Oder you were on) German Empire, and so on.
In truth? The only state that revolted was Bavaria, but that was enough. War broke out, but within 5 months, the arrogant Bundesrepublik was reduced to Baden-Wuttemburg, Lower Saxony, and Schleswig-Holstein(And giving up, to boot, the port cities of Kiel and Hamburg).
Of course, Germans are Germans, and they still sought to undercut Prussia-Poland's ambitions whenever possible.
Like now. Over a distant nation's suppression of it's LGBT movement.
He sighed. While he didn't particularly enjoy homosexual couples, he didn't make a point of suppressing them, either. But that nation's affairs were that nation's affairs, no? One sovereign nation did not have the right to intervene in another sovereign nation's policies unless there had been a grievous fault with the latter, and this did not call, in his mind, for a war or even condemnation.
He straightened up as he realized the delegate was wrapping up, thank God.
"...and therefore, I demand that this Confederation send an ultimatum to the Kingdom of New Edom, and demand that they cease suppressing sexual minorities, on threat of war. That is all."
The Speaker coughed. "Very well. We will now proceed to a vote..."

Proposal: Send an ultimatum to New Edom
For:
  • Federal Republic of Germany
  • Federal Republic of Austria

Against:
  • Prussia-Poland
  • Bavaria

Abstained:
  • Duchy of Finland
  • Free City of Danzig
  • Duchy of Kiev
Crassus chuckled. A tie. That meant that the issue would simply be dropped, with each member-state being free to do whatever the hell it wanted. In truth, this was the result of 90% of all votes started by the Intermarian Confederation.

Later that night, he returned home and fired up his word processor.

We, Crassus von Hohenzollern-Jagellion, German Emperor, King of Prussia, King of Poland, Grand Duke of Lithuania, Margrave of Brandenburg, etc etc etc, would like to express our concern over the situation developing in New Edom.
While each nation has the right to do as it wishes within it's borders within reason, the suppression of this LGBT demonstration appears to be heavy-handed. However, we would also like to voice our hope for a peaceful solution, and we will defend New Edom should anyone use this as a cheap excuse to start a war. The suppression of the demonstration, while saddening, does not in any way, shape, or form justify the use of armed force, and it was a lesson we learned personally in 1914, when a Serbian shot an Archduke.
Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents