NATION

PASSWORD

The End of a Generation (SUNALAYA ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Frasian Viceroyalty
Secretary

Founded: Nov 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

The End of a Generation (SUNALAYA ONLY)

Postby Frasian Viceroyalty » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:04 pm

The End of a Generation: First Contact

October 7, 2099

"Good evening, and welcome to the Imperial Nightly News. I am your host, Hans Hannlei with a surprising report. Our story finds itself at the headquarters of the GKSeK, with the Luftstreitkräfte releasing findings from its observational satellites in orbit. The announcement was presented by Generalleutnant Erwin Schönmel, who stated that the Luftstreitkräfte had detected "unknown objects" within the vicinity of Mars, and the group resembled a "fleet formation" of objects similar in size and resemblance to that which appeared in North Rukonia months prior. At this current time, these objects have not been observed making any course adjustments and have remained in orbit around Mars.

Well before the announcement, many within the nation and the world have begun to make theories to explain these happenings. It has been noted that there have been reports of cults within North Rukonia around the landing site of the unidentified object, with some even claiming that there have been mass suicides in that region. Within the Empire, many have claimed that this represents the ends times as described by Christianity. Signs and demonstrators have been seen throughout major cities calling for the government to prepare for what is to come, with the Imperial government largely ignoring their calls.

In other news, the GKSeK has released reports of successes on the Damsmarian front with Caledonian insurrection being quelled and order being established within the Verwaltungsbezirk Kaledonien. His Imperial Majesty Friedrich Wilhelm III has expressed that he is "Proud of the fighting men and women of the Kaiserreich," and that "This event marks the achievement that has been due for many long years." Also in other news, the Bohi-Malesti War continues with many world powers entering the conflict as has occurred during this century. Currently there has been tensions between two large fleets stationed in the area, with the Rezuan fleet stationed dangerously close to the waters of the Bohin. The end of the century is sure to be explosive.
"

Guten Abend, everyone, and welcome to The End of a Generation: First Contact! After what feels like forever, Sunalaya will be participating in a war RP! This is the thread for the region to RP the first major event that marks the start of the Sunalayan FT Canon, First Contact in 2099.

As this is an RP, there will be no OOC here. Leave that to the RMB. Other than that, you know the rules.

Useful Links:

Sunalaya
FT Canon Rules & Reference

"Rule: You can’t build nukes and girlfriends out of thin air."
Last edited by Frasian Viceroyalty on Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:55 pm

December 30, 2099
New Port Ubbeval

“You think it’s aliens?” Said Private John Aprils, leaning against his mechanized mini-tank, smoking a cigarette. It was an extremely hot day at 44oC with no humidity, meaning that most in the 4th mechanized division were in t-shirts, removing their standard issue jackets to cool off.

Roger shook his head. “Doubt it. You remember the fake alien stunt in Ispanza in what. ’83? It was just some satellite some guys in university launched and didn’t claim. Whole thing with that will blow over.”

“I bet it’s just peanut butter on the earth-bound radio transmitter or receiver. Something stupid like that,” answered Alexandra, placing her gun down, resting it on her thigh. “Besides, who the hell cares about something in space, unless it’s another ballistic missile?”

The group grew silent for a moment.

“Way to kill the mood Lex.” John chuckled, “you just had to bring it back to this trash.”

The three laughed, Alexandra trying to reason with the two between gasps for breath.

“Hey! It’s not my fault that Roger here asked for front-line duty. Who the hell does that?”

The group’s laughter faded with the sounds of distant explosions. None were sure if they were allied or enemy bombs. Roger cleared his throat. “I guess it’s time to move out. Lex, mind waking the rest of the division?”

“Aye, commander. Want me to get Commonwealth on the line?”

Roger shook his head. “No need. This area is pretty much all hostiles. No chance of friendly fire. Unless the Rezuans have made a move on Camp Jacob four days ahead of schedule.”

Alexandra nodded and left, returning the way she came to a mass of flimsy insulated tents, containing the rest of the division. Their own mini-tanks only a short distance away, hidden in the brush and covered with reflective tarps to keep out enemy eyes and technology.

“You know this war ain’t gonna be over if we wait until after dark, right?” John commented to his commander, and best friend. The commander wiped sweat from his face and brushed his hand through his short hair, sighing deeply.

“I know. Two years of fighting with no end in sight. Just more people jumping onto sides. Happy that the fighting has pretty much remained in Ziamban and the surrounding ocean. Even enemies are still relatively peaceful outside the continent. Did you here that the Ispanzan PM spent a few days in Engleberg? Blew my mind. Whatever. We need to do a sweep of this area before the dropships come in with reinforcements.”
Commander Roger looked ahead. It was lush and green, even with all the heat. Trees and grass and hundreds of plants he could not name. It was the rainy season, but it had not rained in five days. Behind him was the port city of Port New Ubbeval. And behind that was four Rhodeve frigates stuck behind a Bohin-Alliance Navy. Behind that was the Rezuan fleet, no doubt preparing for an attack to free the months long blockade of the major port city. The commander sighed once more, shaking his head to clear his thoughts, then looked up. “Time to go to work.”

December 30, 2099
Imperial Palace, Kingstown Rhodevus

Preparations had already begun for the New Years celebration at the Imperial Palace. It was going to be a huge one. The turn of the century. King Samuel Jacobs had already written his speech and edited it multiple times. It was going to be hugely important. He had called in everyone he could find that would bring a greater sense of joy and nationalism to the palace to give speeches or to speak with the guests. Of which there were 400 invited and nearly 1000 who had purchased tickets to attend from around the country. Not to mention the tens of thousands who would be in the streets partying.

Maia Everen-Abrams would be attending alongside her own daughters Ellie and Rachel. She’d be giving a speech from the late Princess Sierra Everen-Abrams, who had written it only a few years back. She had desperately wanted to make it to 2100. If for nothing else, other than the fire-works.

Prince Bellami Wolff and his wife, children and grandchildren would also be coming by, but none would be giving speeches.

Even the last living descendent of King Rubin Machin would be making an appearance. She was, after all an on-duty surgeon at Kingstown General Hospital.

The threat of war was far from their doorstep. The Rhodeve government was much more focused on when the next round of ships would be launched to mine the asteroid belt. Or when the next rocket would be launched to work on the inter-planetary port, which was currently orbiting a moon of Mars. With water, lumber and food becoming more and more scarce around the world, Rhodevus was becoming richer and richer. More and more intertwined with the Commonwealth government and its allies, such as Aznazia. No eyes were on what was approaching, just out of reach. What was currently stationed around Mars, gazing at them. Preparing for its moment to strike.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Kiez
Attaché

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiez » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:11 pm

Kiezan Northern Countryside
Kreuzung Underground Facility
Dr. Johann Elsner

Even within the Kreuzung Facility did the mood still feel dreadful for many who were racing to complete the network of underground shelters were very much aware of the oncoming alien invasion that would grace the world of Sunalaya in the coming weeks. Even Dr. Johann Elsner, one of the head researchers assigned to monitor the oncoming objects could also feel the burden of his work catching up to him. Spending many sleepless nights monitoring the speed in which the foreign objects were approaching the planet and based on the current timeframe would only 52% of the proposed underground facilities reach completion before the arrival of the alien invaders. Time was for once not on the side of the Tri-Tech Corporation as the strain of limited resources was finally making an impact on their operational capabilities and while assistance from the Kiezan Government was a very welcome bonus to their pool of resources it would only be a matter of time before they would reach the breaking point as well.

Johann placed his hands over the bars of the guardrail, watching as one of the first shipments of plants and seeds were making their way into the agricultural sector of the facility through the underground rail system that connected each of the facilities together from the main hub in Port Zeitlow, which was being used as a staging post to deliver the occasional shipments to each of the operational facilities while those under construction were being received directly from the Tri-Tech Corporation's primary railway system. He let out a sigh of relief: the facility was nearing completion and would be ready to house up to nearly ten thousand personnel by the time of the new year, a success in the eyes of the Doctor, however, his relief would be met with dread as one of the Tri-Tech Representatives had begun walking up to him.

"The Committee and the other Facility Directors are waiting for you in the conference room Herr Doctor." The man stated, dressed in a neat black suit with a red tie tucked neatly underneath his dress coat. Johann glanced towards the Tri-Tech agent, taking a moment to admire the vast space of the agricultural zone, one of the many zones established in order to ensure that at least a portion of the Kiezan population survive the coming apocalypse before he pushed himself off of the railings and gave a simple gesture for the agent to lead the way.

"The speed in which this Initiative is going is absolutely unacceptable." Stated one of the Chairmen of the Tri-Tech Corporation, who was reclining on his rather comfortable computer chair as he addressed the rest of the group assembled before him. "Initial completion of the project was meant to reach the 64% percentile by the time of the new year!"

"Nature can be a fickle thing Chairman Chandler." Replied Director Gregor Scharf, head of the Tempest Facility and one of the first Kiezan Officials recruited for the task of the Genesis Initiative. "We simply couldn't anticipate the rate in which the other nations drained their resources due to war, and the conflict between Kiez and Ophion only exacerbated the progress of our efforts!"

Chairman Chandler leaned forward, an ominous expression on his face as he spoke: "Had the vast majority of our experts been with the Tri-Tech Corporation then maybe we could have expected conflict between the Kiezans and Ophion was inevitable!"

"We all have to face the reality of this situation Herr Chandler." Interrupted Dr. Johann as he finally made his entrance into the conference room, carrying a transparent tablet underneath his right arm. "That war set this Initiative back by 12% due to the number of resources required to fight a superpower the size of Ophioneus." He stated plainly and sharply as the Doctor took his seat at the opposite end of the conference table. "Before another squabble takes place I would like to announce some good news that the Kreuzung Facility is at 96% operational capacity and is expected to achieve full operational status by the beginning of the new year."

"That is some good news indeed Director Elsner." Stated a distorted voice, the CEO of the Tri-Tech Corporation being obscured by nothing more than darkness and a disguised voice. "The activation of the Kreuzung Facility will allow another for more lives to be saved should the worst come to pass, unfortunately, based on current trajectories should the extra-terrestrial forces arrive within the timeframe of this week we may have to discontinue construction of the other inactive facilities in order to offer a nominal resistance against these foreign forces."

"We could divert all of our resources into finishing the framework for the Elysian Facility by the end of January." Piped up one of the other Facility Directors, a patient and contemplating expression on her face.

Dr. Elsner placed a hand over his mouth as if in deep thought, the possibility of winning against the aliens were remote considering the speed of their vessels but perhaps the other Facility Director did have a point, if another facility could be constructed to house those who may still be in the crossfire then more lives would be spared from the obscure fate that awaited them. "As much as it pains me to say this, I feel that Herr Sendler's proposal would be the most viable course for us to take at this point, our resources are divided to evenly construct each facility and judging on the pool of resources that are available we may never get additional facilities up and operational should the invasion take place within the week."

There was a general commotion from the Tri-Tech Officials and the Facility Directors, some offering their own opinion on the matter before being interrupted by the Tri-Tech CEO "Enough." The room fell quiet upon the authoritative voice of the CEO, whose silouette leaned forward to speak "This matter will be decided by the Board of Directors, but for the meantime begin preparations for the second stage of the Genesis Initiative."

Dr. Elsner leaned back, letting out something akin to a sigh of relief, the hard part on his end was just about at an end: at least he could celebrate what could be the last New Years Celebration of his natural life.
"The most important thing when ill is to never lose heart"
- Vladimir Lenin

Puppet of The Fallen Jedi
Economical Stats (GDP, HDI, Etc) reflect that of the Federal Republic of Germany

Engleberg wrote:"The Sunrisians and MDAA promise them prosperity, but in the slums of West Corentia the homeless and the hungry know the truth! They have been forgotten, they have nothing! But. Their. Anger! We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration! PEACE... THROUGH... POWER....!"

Farnhamia wrote:What is the matter with you people?

Shastara
Spokesperson

Founded: May 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shastara » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:45 am

The Mustang Royal Compound, Reisstaun, Val Centrallia
December 30th, 2099

“He hasn’t left his room in days.” The maid said, “He isn’t seeing anyone. Whenever I come in tae give him his daily meal he says nothing, does nothing. Needless tae say, I’m very concerned General.”

“I figured as much Adelaide, thank you I doubt this wull take long.”

General Derwen Drysi marched down the long halls of the Compound before reaching a grand door made of beautiful cherry wood.

“Your Majesty. This is General Drysi. I figured mah orders were somehow lost so I decided to come and get them in person.”

No response.

“Aye...if that’s how it is then.”

She then opened the door and looked inside. There was her King, the great Cadfael Mustang. Sitting sleep deprived, grungy, and hungover on the edge of the bed. He slowly turned his head towards the General.

He spoke so softly it was almost a whisper, “I’ve killed us all. Everyone...you have kids Drysi I’m...I’m so...”

“Your Majesty, please. It's two days till New Years. The world is slowly turning oan its head. You, me, everyone at the RGC tried thair best. But we couldn’t handle it. Should we have told the world? Aye. But we’re going to have to live with that decision. But it’s not too late, we need to tell our allies, and we need to tell them, now!”

But Cadfael wasn’t listening, “But we were supposed to win...Shastara was to become an empire once more...”

“...Your Majesty?”

“We...we could nuke the ship! Yes! Mess up their...their scanners and make Sunalaya seem uninhabitable!”

“My King that's absurd.”

“The station! The Praeminori weapons station! Oh, confound it what was it, OWO-833?”

“Oh mah Gods he’s lost it.” she thought. He himself awarded Major Kenneth Baeard a posthuman Medal of Honor for going down with the station in orbit around PD-220.

“Your Highness, we have tah tell the Commonwealth at the very least, the Kaiser for christ's sake!”

“Och no! Nonononoo. Secret. Aye very secret. Can’t let the world know, they would have me hide they would.” The mad king stopped for a moment, “Ships! Oor Ships! Yes! We-we can launch an attack, an ambush fur when they enter obit!”

“We...we don’t have any ships.”

Before Cadfael could continue his rambling, an empty square glass flew through the air and hit him square in the face, shattering on impact. Drysi drew her sidearm only to swiftly shove it into her holster as the glasses owner walked slowly through the entryway.

Her elderly voice was absolutely seething with rage, “Ah abdicate...for 11 god damn years. ‘n’ ye managed tae f*ck us this badly? Gods above you really are Alistairs grandson.”

Drysi snapped to attention, “Queen Adria, I was not-”

“Oh don’t bother General, Ah know why your here.” Adria’s nose recoiled, “Adelaide! Get back in here with a cleaning crew and clean this room up! Walk with me.” She said to Drysi as the maid, accompanied by several other assistants entered the room as they left.

“Ah trust ye can see now the mental state of our beloved King is in shambles. Big surprise given his grandfather...” muttered Adria. “Ah spent mah youth training myself for a war that never came during my reign. Only tah have it start up the moment Ah abdicated. Do ye know how frustrating that is fur me?”

Drysi saw a fire in Adria’s eyes she had only seen in the footage of the Taffertheion Struggles, “I can’t imagine Your Highness.”

“Damn right. And with the literal fate of the planet at stake, I’m not about to let some blubbering fool lead us tae suicide. For now, Ah will be taking back command of our country. And mah first order tae you is tae prepare an information packet for me tah use when I throw myself to the Wolffs.”

Drysi stopped, “Was...that a pun Queen Alicia?”

“Mmm, perhaps. I’ll get the Ministry of State to issue a summons to the worlds major powers to Ainsbyrd. I want everything prepped and ready ASAP.”

“...Everything?”

“...Everything. And General? I know you’ve been sending personnel to the Alpha Site. Without the permission of the King.”

“I-”

“You may continue, with the approval of the Crown.”

General Drysi nodded, the RGC will be ready to recive them by weeks end my Queen.”

“Good, now all I have to worry about getting these windbags they call leaders nowadays to cooperate before its too late.”

“103 years young and I finally get to play ball." She turned back and saw Cadfael holding his bleeding nose and cowering at the foot of his bed, she roller her eyes, "Gods I hate this family.” The Queen mused to herself as she started for the Command Center.
Last edited by Shastara on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Librira
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Librira » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:49 pm

December 18th, 2099
Salient J - Jasper, Libriran border

The sun hung low and red in the evening sky, like a distended grapefruit, still throwing its last heat of the day. Whereas above the equator it was now the coldest time of the year, here in the south it was the summer. Day, after day, after damn'ed day, the sun foisted upon the people below smothering heat, broken up only by fierce storms swept of the Kaspia 'Sea' which at this point was unfair to sea's everywhere, being more the size of a very large lake.

"Jute, Jute, this is Quartz" a disembodied voice rang across invisible airways, into Nadya's integrated ComHelm.

"Quartz, Jute copies" She responded, instinctively tensing he hands around her rifle in anticipation.

"Jute, Quartz see's contacts to your South-Southeast, please confirm."

Nadya flipped through to Thermals, nothing. She switched back and used her helmet variable optics, to zoom in on the hills and ridges to her south and east. as she scanned along one particular ridge she spotted them. 5 figures leaned or doubled over, shuffling along towards the border.

"Quartz, Jute here, Affirm on those contacts, 5 individuals, likely refugees, transiting on foot towards border"

"Jute, Quartz; confirmed, stand by the voice on the other end paused for a few seconds, checking with someone else, evidently

"Jute, Quartz contacts designated possible enemy, initiate halting protocol, if contacts do not comply you have permission to fire, do not, I say again do not allow contacts to approach or cross border"

Maybe a decade ago, such an order would have surprised a solider; shooting unarmed people for simply approaching the border? However, times were different, mechanically, Nadya prepared. she accessed her onboard systems, and initiated the halting protocol. A Klaxon blared loudly as a small drone appeared. It buzzed over to the figures, delivering a sort of warning message in several languages. it was too far away for her to hear, but it said something along the lines of "this is a closed border crossing, turn around or you may be met with lethal force" or something like that. She silently plugged her rifle into the power pack on her back. Her rifle hummed to life. A small red light on the side indicated it was powered. She glanced back to the figures who continued forward despite the drones protestations and warnings.

At last finished its monologue the drone retreated to her border post and stowed itself away. Another warning klaxon ripped the air, at this point the figures had crossed the border a hundred yards or so ago. but continued forward to the fortifications that made up the Libriran southern border in this sector.

There final warning given, she raised her rifle, resting the cool metal stock against her shoulder, bringing the scope to her eyes. she followed the figures in their deathmarch for a second in her optics, they took no notice of her and the weapon she had drawn on them. She quickly pulled the trigger on the lead figure. a flash of light followed. The rifle made no sound, no recoil, it simply delivered death. The figure stopped a moment, and slumped over forwards, a hole bored through his ribs, and organs by Nadya's rifle. the figures following paused briefly, then continued as if it were normal for someone to be struck down like that. They too fell like the first; 1 shot each. It was laughably easy, they didn't change course or run, and Nadya's shots traveled at the speed of light. death was nearly instant.

After downing the last she lowered her rifle, the firing has lasting only a few seconds, but had stretched out to a hour in her mind. She checked the time, still another hour on her watch. she turned off her rifle, its quiet, gentle hum cut out. she sat back down in her chair, placing the blocky rifle in her lap as she scanned the countryside again.

"Quartz, Jute; targets down, no friendly casualties, over" she reported back

"Jute, Quartz; acknowledged, dispatching additional security teams and sweepers, Quartz out. "

She glanced up at the transitioning sky, as it slowly faded to black, the first stars coming out for the night, among them, a blinking red light, moving lazily far above; likely Quartz, some nameless face on a Aeromonitor.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice

"Jute, Quartz again, more contacts to your direct South, confirm, over"

Nadya sighed internally, no time to worry about whats going on above, enough problems on the ground as it is. She set to work again to protect her homeland...
Librira is a Democratic-Syndicalist nation
Sunalaya's Corentian Nationalist - Corentia is the Superior Continent!
Member of Sunalaya
Information, If you like.

Ophioneus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ophioneus » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:49 pm

"It is the conclusion of this study that due to the failure of early 20th century society to convert from fossil fuel based fuels to alternative sources has led to the acidification of oceans and increase in surface temperatures. As a result Sunalaya shall, in a short time, become uninhabitable for humans."- The World on Humans, 2065.

Luna 1, 2095

Juliet took a bite of her soylent bar and looked at the monitor in front of her. The computer in front of her was doing fine moments ago. As part of the astronomy team on the base Juliet took turns making sure the computers that analyzed the deep space telescope data were functioning fine. Most of the time the computers had no issue. Compared to her training of radar telescope data from Earth, or indeed satellites in LSO, these images were crisp. Really crisp. This was because the radio telescope was based several dozen kilometers away on the far side of the tidally locked body. The result was an uninterrupted view of deep space. No stray photos on the lights, radio, and atmosphere of Sunalaya.

The base was started in the 2040s. Located in the south pole of Luna, the base had access to old volcanic tunnels that could be pressurized. The site has access to water, helium 3, and other elements nearby. Built with the use of robots, lunar soil 3D printing, and breakthroughs in aluminum production using chemical means. This was available through the use of single-stage to orbit spaceplanes, reducing the cost and time for delivery of goods to LEO.

The base now held a few hundred souls. Mostly scientists and engineers, studying the effects of long term space habitation and future colony development. But the effort had downsides. The citizens of the Federation were not pleased to see programs meant to defend Sunalaya. As nature tore the work done by man on the home planet, citizens rioted. Protests were held. Since 2070 the Federation had been under martial law due to crop failures, pandemics, and natural disasters.
Last edited by Ophioneus on Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
Puppet of the USJR

Frasian Viceroyalty
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Frasian Viceroyalty » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:01 am

December 30, 2099
Siegesplatz, Free Imperial City of Engelberg

"Preparations are complete, Seiner Majestät." Spoke Generaloberst Maximilian von Freiwill, standing in the luxurious main office of the Siegesplatz. On the opposite side of the room stood another man of tall height, gazing out the window at the city. For a moment, he did not react to the general's statement but rather continued to stare at the night lights emanating from the capital city. While he would not admit it, most would be able to detect that he was filled with worry about what was to come in the following days, weeks, or months. He stood at a regular height for many Englean nobles, nearing 6'2, and had the features of both an older man yet without signs of much ageing. He had a well-defined beard mixed with his moustache, and wore a dark grey uniform adorned with a multitude of medals. This man was indeed Friedrich Wilhelm III, Kaiser of the Englean Kaiserreich. Succeeding his father Siegfried I in 2090, the former Crown Prince's reign had been an interesting one. Unlike his father, he had not been able to keep the peace within Corentia and wound up becoming caught in the anti-Damsmarian mindset of the majority of Kaiserreich citizens. By 2099, he was known as the "Kriegshabicht for his focus on the military. Nevertheless, he was successful in bringing the Kaiserreich into the next century with multiple scientific advancements, including prototype fusion reactors.

Now he was faced with the most daunting of challenges - preparing the Kaiserreich for its possible destruction. After the landing of the "mysterious object" in North Rukonia in 2090, many within the empire began to worry about the possibility of this object being hostile or a scout for an alien force. And so the Kaiser authorised Projekt Eden, which saw to create shelters for the most important variables within the empire through the construction of, or remodeling of, bunkers within major mountain ranges of the nation. Half of the required facilities for storage and archive purposes were already available from the Cold War, with much assigned to contain important documents or other materials. The Krankheitskontrollekorpsfacility within Sangarn-Strelitz would be assigned to contain biological and chemical weapons, their research, and the Ministry of Human Progress' archive of genetic information. Naturally there was a complex dedicated to the highest of nobility within the Kaiserreich, and this was based in the Schwarzdrache mountain range in the northern portion of the nation. However, it was difficult to decide whom of the populace was to gain shelter. Eventually it was decided to open major facilities within randomly selected areas of the nation, and then also have minor bunker complexes be open under a "first come, first serve" basis in case of emergency. This was deemed acceptable.

Now it was 2099, with the new century right around the corner. The Kaiser and much of the Imperial staff were sure of the ability of the Kaiserreich to survive anything that could come. Friedrich Wilhelm turned to the general, and spoke in his well-known deep authoritative tone. "Excellent news, Herr General. I also assume that each man has their evacuation assignment and codes?" The Kaiser questioned, to ensure the efficiency of the Englean higher-ups' evacuation in an emergency to each complex. "Jawohl, all are prepared for anything. Now, I believe it is time for your majesty to address the New Year in a few minutes?" Friedrich Wilhelm sighed heavily, then proceeded to prepare his ceremonial uniform for the event. As he was preparing, he spoke to the General: "Freiwill, I have had the strangest of feelings today. Something tells me that something big is going to be coming in this coming year, although I cannot imagine what it could be. We have Damsmar in our grasps, and the world is focused on the conflict in Zambian. At this moment, the Kaiserreich could not be any higher - but something is out there. I can feel it."

"I am sure it is nothing, your majesty. Now, let us welcome this new year and pray for blessings within it."

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:06 pm

December 30, 2099
Eomeria, Rezuan Empire

Soon, it would be time for the empire to end. And from that end would come a republic. Empress Aria Everen-Abrams puzzled over her nation's future as she sat at her desk reading reports from the ongoing war. Her mother, Empress Ymira, had always been more idealistic than she could ever be. When her mother died in 2080, at the age of 88, Aria ascended the throne at age 64. Which left her with maybe twenty years before she too would die. More importantly, it meant that Aria had just twenty years to bring Rezua from an empire to a republic. Twenty-one years had gone by, but Aria still held on. Her task was difficult and still not yet complete.

'Mother had seventy years to sort this all out, why they hell did I have to spend the last twenty or so years of mine to finish her promise.', the old empress thought. Then she sighed, for she knew the answer. Her mother had been many things, but perfect wasn't one of them. Besides, Aria had been the one who had pushed for becoming empress the most, Maia had decided to live in Rhodevus. And Christine, well Christine was too busy trying to reform the imperial courts. Aria's job was to pass the power of the monarch to the Councils of Parliament and Christine was supposed to make sure that the monarch would gain power in the courts, so that they could both be there for the people and keep the new president and parliament in check. As mother had wanted. Still, Aria wasn't thrilled to be empress. She had lived a life of excitement in her youth, more so than her mother but less so than Aunt Christina. Crazy Auntie Christina. Aria sighed again, trying to push out the ghosts of her life. Ghosts whom she would soon see again. And when that time came, she at least wanted to be able to say: It's done Mother. Our dream is complete.

The reports of casualties and losses were to blame for Aria's depressing reflection. Death in the war was weighing heavily on her, as it had gone on for far too long. And rumors whispered that Aria would die before the war ended, and that whoever the next president would be would win on the promise of pulling out of the war. Her rivals would certainly love that. This month, another thousand or so soldiers were dead. Vehicles destroyed, towns and cities burned and ransacked. Years of trying to reform the Bohin into a republic had failed. The more of these reports that she got, the more Aria swore to herself to not only end the war, but to forever cripple the Bohin. Her mother had attempted to change her enemy, but Aria had but a few years before parliament became the rulers. Aria had to leave behind a Rezua that could endure its political change with as little difficulty as possible. The Bohin had to be destroyed, so that it would not hinder the growth of the young republic.

The door to the imperial office opened and a uniformed man stepped in and saluted. "Empress, the Councils are requesting your presence in the government building." The empress looked up, her eyes watery more bad news. She blinked and cleared them before answering the young officer, "Is it about when they can begin elections for a president? I've already told them to start looking for candidates. Senator John Kelvin will be the intermittent president."

"No ma'am, it's not about the election. It's about something else, about the disturbance in Rukonia. Chief Hildich wants to send troops to secure the area."

"Of course. Let's just throw soldiers at our problems...just like that old bat. I'm coming, sir, let an old woman gather her things." The empress continued to ramble on about that damned old bat.

December 30, 2099
Delgain, Rezuan Empire

Sixty years ago, Delgain was just another icy port city in the empire. That changed, however, when Empress Ymira approved the creation of red light districts (though prostitution remained outlawed) within the mainland empire. Delgain was a failing city, barely keeping up with its expenses. Once able, Delgain's city council applied for a license to host a red district. Within months, Delgain became a thriving city, attracting citizens, students, and tourists alike. Business came back as their luck turned around. For Garen Everen-Abrams, this city was home.

Garen pulled out a chair for Callie and smiled at his girlfriend warmly. Callie smiled and placed a kiss on his lips as she slid into her seat. "Thanks, babe." she said. Garen shrugged as he sat down in his own seat. "Don't mention it." he said. The two university students ordered drinks and then took a look at the menu.

"So, babe, did you talk to your mom about that internship?"

"Just because my grandaunt is the empress doesn't mean you'll get it for sure."

"But, it's gotta be, like, at least improving my chances by forty percent."

Garen smiled and nodded and said, "Probably", then turned back to his menu. In a moment, he felt his heart flutter as Callie's hand slipped on top of his. Her thumb brushed the back of his hand, signifying that she wanted his attention. Garen looked back up and found his date blushing, biting her lip.

"So, I was thinking that tonight...maybe we could...you know." she giggled, wiggling her eyebrows a bit. Garen felt his face grow warm as he answered "Uh...sure. Yeah. We'll, uh, go to your place again?"

"Sure thing."

Garen glanced away from Callie for a moment, catching a glimpse of the television overhead. He frowned when he saw it, causing Callie to tilt her head. "What's wrong, babe?" she asked him. Garen pointed up at the screen, "Says that we took more losses fighting those barbarians at Ubbeval."

"Oh...is that were your cousins are?"

"No. That is were one of my friends is though."

"I'm sure he's okay."

"He's a good pilot, I'm sure he's alright."

December 30, 2099
New Port Ubbeval

The sound of muffled railguns filled the air, as the Rezuan fleet and artillery begain to bombard the enemy once more. From the cockpit of his jet, one of many from the RIN Ymira Everen-Abrams Captian Hank Wessel saw the Bohi's ships laid out in formation. Every now and then, one of their ships would alight with an explosion, a missile or railgun making its mark. And sometimes, there was a burst of an explosion from a Rezuan ship, or in the sky, marking a downed plane. Hank kept his plane outside the firing range of the enemy ships, his job was not to attack them. Nor was he acting as an escort for bombers. His squadron was acting as an interceptor group, hunting down Bohi planes that were trying to hit railgun batteries on land.

"Captain, enemy squadron approaching!" called Louis Morgan, Hank's wingman. Hank looked towards the enemy, his targeting computer that displayed on the glass of his cockpit quickly moving with his eyes, locking on, and doing his calculations for him. A red circle appeared around one of the enemy planes. Target locked.

"Engage!" ordered Hank.

The Rezuan squadron let loose their missiles, quickly downing the planes in front. Another wave of missiles took out another few planes. Hank instantly knew that something was wrong. The Bohi were going down too easily. No missiles had been fired back. Yet the swarm of enemy planes kept coming. Then, Hank saw way. The planes in front were not evading any missiles, yet they were closely clumped around one point. They were probably unmanned drones, shielding a pilot in a bomber. Just before Hank could give a warning, the bomber suddenly broke formation, hitting a boost.

The Bohi plane barreled past the Rezuans who were still occupied with the dummy drones. "Louis go after the bomber." Hank ordered, doing a roll and dive to turn after the bomber. Louis followed suit, rolling and diving just after Hank did. The two airmen sped after the lone bomber, who had gotten a lead on them. Hank and Louis released missiles, which were taken out by countermeasures.

"When the hell did the Bohi get bombers going that fast, Hank?"

"Probably from sucking up to some other nation."

"Cap, I can't get a hit on this guy."

"Speed up, Louis and switch to guns. He can't use countermeasures to block those."

Louis and Hank sped up and began to gain on the bomber. The Bohi pilot dove down, heading towards a large railgun battery. Hank's targeting computer displayed a green x, showing that he was within gun range and was lined up for a shot. Hank pulled the trigger and instant before Louis did. The bomber's left wing lit up, then it's engines sparked from a hit. The bomber spiraled down, slamming into shallow water, just before the pier that the railgun was mounted on.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

North Rukonia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Rukonia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:32 pm

December 29, 2099

"Gekreuzigt! I fold," Erik threw his cards down, "How do you even three Royal Flushes in a row!?"

"Beginners luck, I guess." Irida counted the piles of Rujins she just won with a smirk on her face.

It was a chilly day on the Dúotnnari Plains, and a light snow had fell around the complex as the sun just began to rise in the east. Soldiers in winter gear mulled around the outside the tall, metal fence. Massive guns pointed twords the sky at a strictly enforced no-fly zone. Nothing was gonna see what was in this encampment.

"Guys, shouldn't we be watching the, uh, object?" The newest person on base was worried. The Rhodeve transfer was by far the youngest there.

"It's our free period. Besides, that things been there for ten years, and hasn't done anything. Just let the shrinks do their job and it'll be fine. This is the easiest station you'll ever have. C'mon, you know how to play Poker, James? we'll teach you." Erik said with his thick Rukonian accent.

"Oh, you still have money left?" Irida chuckled.

James was just delt in when the object started to whirr. What can only be described as four archaic of legs popped out and the machine, and it stood itself upright.

"Everyone, positions!" The commander boomed over the intercom as soldiers rushed around and aimed guns at the contraption. Then it started a deep, low hum.

One of the scientists turned to the base commander with wide eyes, "Si-sir, I th-think it's sending a, a signal."
This user officially supports the 7-state solution for the Bograel-Jogustine Conflict
This user officially supports a One-State solution for Ventismar under the New Ruzkov Empire
------------------------------------------------------------------
My language is called Younger Eotìannan

God I love fantasy

Kiez
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiez » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:22 pm

Berlin, Kiez
Premier Joachim Wolff
December 31st

The days of peace and prosperity that had been ushered back in 2018 by the Richtofen Administration was long gone, having been broken with the disastrous Kiez - Ophion War of 2035 that had shown just how much the planet could sustain such a conflict between two powers that had once been allied together. It was that disastrous war that had led to the esteemed Premier Edward Richtofen to resign from his post in shame only to pass away in 2042 with no children to inherit his name. It had been one of the saddest days in all of Kiez, rivaling that of Chancellor Ludvig Maxis' death in 2022. Now here sat Joachim Wolff, the 6th Premier of the Communist Reich of Kiez overseeing what was perhaps the most trying era for a leader to live in, resources scarce and tensions at an all-time high threatening to consume them all and yet it was this war that worried him very little for there was an even bigger threat looming over the horizon...

There was previously a belief that his predecessors had once held: that the people of Sunalaya were alone in the universe, where there was once no rival that compared to the sentience of the human race and yet that belief had been shattered with the discovery that there was something else out there. Another force that was beyond comparison in terms of technology and military might of not only Kiez but perhaps the world in its entirety that now threatened to besiege their not so blue and green planet that the human race called home.

The Premier downed another shot of his alcohol within the private bar of his office, looking towards the portrait of the now deceased Premier Edward Richtofen with a somewhat sad expression on his face. "Oh how the mighty have fallen Herr Richtofen." Joachim muttered quietly as he raised the shot glass up as if cheering towards the portrait of Richtofen before downing it in one swift gulp. The years of stress and dread had not down wonders for Premier Wolff, his normally light brown hair had begun to grey about a year ago, slightly darkened circles manifesting around his eyes with the coming of the new year. There was growing discontent among the populace of Kiez as resources became scarce, and the economy began to decline even as the 3rd Western Army had embroiled itself in the 7th Bohi - Malesti War in the name of the acquisition of resources: It felt as if there was no end to the strife that was afflicting the once prosperous country of Kies.

Just as he was to drink down his third shot of alcohol would the Premier hear his door knock followed by the somewhat audible squeak as one of his aides began to walk into the room. "Herr Wolff, the podium is set up for your annual New Year Address."

While Joachim was one of the people who would be assured access to one of the many facilities built in the aftermath of the Genesis Initiative it did not mean he would simply disappear from the public with a snap of the fingers, he was Premier of one of the most influential socialist countries on this world, he would not simply hide from the still far off alien invasion that was projected to take place during the middle of the year: he had to retain his image. Without as much turning towards his aide would the Premier nod, hearing the doors close and the footsteps of the now departing aide become that much quieter before dissipating in its entirety. Rising up from his office chair would the Premier look down upon the snow-capped streets of Berlin, the glowing lights of the nearby buildings as well as notice the fireworks going off in the far recesses of the town. It made a smile form on his usually weathered features. It made him remember that once so very long ago that this country had been a beaming light of peace, prosperity, and unity among the masses.

Premier Wolff placed his left hand upon the window as he watched the festivities going on outside of the Reichstag, people laughing cheering and drinking merrily as if nothing were wrong, that all of their troubles were gone and never to be found again. It made Joachim chuckle silently as he downed what remained of his drink before turning around, placing the glass on the table before he donned his dress coat and began to walk out of his office, simply wishing that he could be like the people celebrating in the streets below:

To simply live life at it's fullest.

Kreuzung Underground Facility, Northern Kiez
Researcher Leskov Adam Ivanovich
December 31st, 2099
11:48 PM VST

Leskov Ivanovich was like most who had been inducted into the Genesis Initiative, an intelligent mind that could get things done in an orderly fashion and meet the substantial demand that the Genesis Initiative placed on its members. While having family on the Federation of Ophioneus did Leskov seek to journey the world and learn of other cutures, especially that of Ophioneus' once closest ally: the Communist Reich of Kiez. While he expected very little of other countries due to the resource shortages however as soon as he stepped foot in the country ten years ago did he vastly underestimate his expectations of Kiez. Even amid the storm of uncertainty that had enveloped the entire world the still bustling country of Kiez was, for all intents and purposes bright and vibrant, it felt like a second home to him, a welcoming home filled with culture. However even as he came to enjoy the beauty of Kiez would he eventually be approached by an agent representing the Tri-Tech Corporation, offering him a job with the still booming organization.

When he had been introduced into the Genesis Initiative and learned of what was coming to the planet of Sunalaya would his heart begin to sink. His belief that humanity was alone in the unverse being irrevocably changed that very day and yet at the same time would he feel a desire to at least ensure that the people of Kiez could at least survive the coming onslaught: to maintain the existence of such a diverse and complex culture would most definitely ensure some part of humanity survived.

He had dedicated the last decade of his life working towards ensuring the functionality of the delicate machinery within the Kreuzung Facility, ensuring that everything was up to date and capable of housing thousands upon thousands of people. He had been one of the many who had decided to skip out on the new year's celebration and finish calibrations on certain machinery that had just recently arrived into the newly operational facility. Leskov sat at his desk, finishing crucial updates necessary for particular components when he noticed something particular. Accessing the countdown system that had been installed in not only the Kreuzung Facility, but all other facilities operating under the Genesis Initiative. His diagnostic systems detected a glitch in the system that appeared somewhat minor. While he could have fixed the issue himself no problem, it was one of the rules of the initiative that any and all issues of key components be reported to the facility director.

Pushing himself away from the table would Leskov turn to head towards the office of the Facility Director, striding forward with a purpose as he walked up the set of stairs behind him and towards the office of the director.

2 Minutes Later

As the Researcher made his way towards the metallic doors leading into the office of Dr. Johann Elsner and as he moved forward to knock on the door would it automatically open, revealing Doctor Elsner who was packing his stuff up and preparing to depart the facility. Bringing his head up would Dr. Elsner take a glance towards the Researcher. "Researcher Leskov." Began the middle-aged man as he closed up his briefcase and pushed his chair into his desk. "Don't you think it is rather late to report directly to me? The others should be getting ready to head home now." The man said casually, putting on his brown trench coat as he moved to approach the senior researcher.

"My apologies Herr Director," Leskov said as he walked through the corridor and approached the director, handing Elsner the transparent tablet that he had been holding. "But while I was performing some last minute system diagnostics did I notice a glitch in the Genesis Countdown Systems, apparently having been present there since the early days of the initiative."

Elsner stopped for a moment "Here, let me see that..." The Researcher handed the tablet to the Facility Director who quickly decided to look over the origins of the glitch when his eyes suddenly went wide and he suddenly stopped in his tracks... This wasn't right... This glitch pertained to the timing of the alien invasion, which had placed the timing of the attack to take place in the middle of 2100! "How did you discover this?" The Director said suspiciously as he continued to look over the tablet, an immensely concerned expression on his face.

Leskov was confused, speaking almost immediately. "My diagnostics program Herr Elsner, It's been running for quite some time now and had actually finished it's full systems diagnostics of all Kreuzung equipment, everything else was in the green except for this... Is something wrong Director Elsner?"

Doctor Elsner's face began to pale significantly before he turned and walked hurriedly towards his desk, powering the desktop stationed there and began to quickly access the administrative systems of the facility, typing as fast as he possibly could in order to access the Kreuzung Facility's systems. "Researcher Leskov, what your diagnostics system just discovered was a glitch in the timing mechanism of the countdown system, the same one that estimated the arrival of the aliens would take place during the middle of the new year. I only hope that for our sakes the timer doesn't count down any further..." The Director stated, his voice conveying a sense of panic and terror as he moved to change the glitch in the system. To their horror did both the Researcher and the Director watch as the countdown began to decrease at an exponential rate from entire months to hours and then minutes under it appeared and an alarm would begin to automatically go off within the facility.

Code: Select all
Warning, Warning: Ten minutes remaining, Ten minutes remaining

If words could kill then the Director would have had a heart attack right then and there, watching as the countdown began to progress backward from the ten-minute mark. The director instantly shot up from the table, quickly discarding of his trench coat along the way. "Leskov, listen to me carefully." The Doctor Stated hurriedly as he moved to press a nearby red button that would release a priority signal to the Tri-Tech Headquarters as well as all other facility directors. "I'm giving you temporary administrative control of the entire facility, I want you to move to condition black and dispatch security to begin preparation for intake." Without as much as a word would Leskov move to immediately get to work following the Directors orders, knowing simply that something terrible had just happened: The aliens would be coming much sooner than previously expected.

And both he and Doctor Elsner knew that this was something no one had prepared for whatsoever.
Last edited by Kiez on Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Vladimir Lenin

Economical Stats (GDP, HDI, Etc) reflect that of the Federal Republic of Germany

Engleberg wrote:"The Sunrisians and MDAA promise them prosperity, but in the slums of West Corentia the homeless and the hungry know the truth! They have been forgotten, they have nothing! But. Their. Anger! We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration! PEACE... THROUGH... POWER....!"

Molenston
Secretary

Founded: Jan 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Molenston » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:53 pm

August 2097
A fist slammed down on the table. “The Bohin can never accept this arrangement. If the world is looking to mine Bohinite then it should be The Bohin which profits.”

“The Bohin will profit, President Mbati. But the country lacks the technology to mine something at that depth and that fragility. It requires extremely precise equipment and experience. Which, I’m afraid The Bohin is currently lacking. Molenston has the technology but not the resource. The Bohin has the resource but not the technology. There has to be a way for our nations to work together in a mutual manner.” Said Prime Minister Lukatha, using his practiced eloquent speech.

The Bohi President scowled. The meetings were going nowhere and it was obvious to the both of thm that there was too much distrust to get anything done. The last war had been over thirty years prior. It was a long time between fighting. And relations had been improving slowly. But Bohinite had been discovered just on the Bohi side of the border, only mere miles away from Molenston. One of the largest pockets of the rare substance had been discovered. Nearly 200 billion NSD worth of the substance from that single vain alone. And for something valued to make everything from weaponry to interplanetary communication, it was a very notable find.

“Molenston as usual would strip our resources for its own benefit. The Bohin will purchase the equipment to excavate our own land. No Molenstoni companies will set foot on The Bohin.”
“That is really counter-productive, Mr. President.” The Prime Minister straightened his tie, “wouldn’t it not be better for everyone if we could work together?”
“I have already offered the terms for any contract.”
“You would leave little to no profits for us as well as all the financial burden. It is a non-offer. It is tantamount to economic suicide.”
“Molenston wants our Bohinite. Molenston had better offer something of equal or greater value if you cannot accept the terms I proposed.” The Bohi president leaned back in his chair.

Prime Minister Lukatha sighed. Finally they were getting somewhere. “What do you propose? Coal? Oil? Natural Gas?”
“I want the Bauer Reservoir.”
The Prime Minister frowned. “No. Bohinite may be valuable, but it is pennies compared to water.”
“Molenston owns 75% of the Bauer. If you want Bohinite, then I want a majority stake in the Bauer. 60% minimum.”

Lukatha shook his head, “it would never pass through the senate. The Bauer is ours by rights.”
“We had once split the Bauer. We had once had a more equal territory. But now it seems like Molenston has come out with the winning geography.”
“All it took was six wars between our people.” Lukatha crossed his arms. This was not going where he had intended. Land. It was always about land with the Bohi. “We will not be giving up any Molenstoni territory to The Bohin. Concessions were already given in 2073. No more.”

“Our nations are rich in different things, Prime Minister. The Bohin has more people. We also have more metals. Rare earth metals as the western powers call them. And Molenston has water and agrable land. Land to supply food. Since the famines and droughts, it’s been harder and harder for both our people to survive. Would it not be easier if we just learned to share? The Bauer is the only source of above-ground water available to the Bohin. You have three times the desalination plants that we do, thanks to your Commonwealth. And we still just have the Bauer. Give it to us and you can have your metals.”

“No. If we give up water, then you will give up claim to the territory the Bohinite is located. Bauer for Bohinite.”

The two locked eyes. Neither broke focus as the battle of words turned to a battle of minds. It was silent, but both were forcing the other to back down. Whoever broke first would be on lower ground. Neither would back down first.
The Prime Minister stood up, staring unblinking. “Give us the Bohinite.”
“Never. Give me the water.”
“No.”
“Then we will take it from your cold, dead hands.”
“If that is what it takes, then so be it.”
“Then inform the Commonwealth that their pet needs support.”
“This time, it is just between us. Molenston will crush The Bohin as it has six times before, and will six times more.”

The President stood up, breaking the laser-focus and smiled. “The Prime Minister. It seems as though our nations are headed to war. I will give you the same curtesy that your people gave my predecessors and allow you to leave Camp James. But keep to the eastern skies. The tanks have already begun making their way through the border now.”

The Prime Minister’s eyes flashed with fear for a moment, before returning to their steely gaze. “Goodbye President Mbati. I hope that the next time we meet, you will be in chains.”

November 3, 2098
In breaking news, Librira has just signed a military pact with The Bohin, officially entering the war on the side of the Bohi. Molenston and The Bohin have been at war for over a year over major resources, predominantly water and Bohinite. Since the war’s escalation earlier this year, which saw the sinking of the ISS Ku’ulumbu and the entry of Ispanza into the conflict, the fighting has expanded into the Lutentian Ocean and into the surrounding continent. This war seems to be growing rather than shrinking. The resources still unmined in The Bohin and Molenston combined are valued at over 15 trillion NSD, meaning that if either side starts auctioning off mining rights for armies, this war can become much, much larger.

February 26, 2099
War was growing. The Molenstoni military had once again brought in the draft; something that had not been done since the 2060s. The Rhodeve Commonwealth had officially entered into the war, just as the Bohi’s allies began joining them. Dozens of ships were moving in and out of ports or firing at enemy ships.

A force of 5,000 Malesti and Rhodeve along with tanks and planes had completely demolished a border town. Rubble, fire and smoke was all that remained, along with some 800 prisoners and 300 civilian prisoners whom were being sent to the North of the country. While it may be a war of soldiers and resources for the global nations, it was a total war for those in Ziamban. There was more on the line now than just historical feuds and disputes. This was money. More money than both countries had seen before, all for a resource that could push them from developing status into fully developed economic powerhouses on the world stage. Fighting would continue until one side surrendered. It would be total surrender or nothing at all.

December 31, 2099
Reikyama Forward Military Base

The Libriri-Bohi position was nearly 2 kilometers away, yet long distance stationary artillery were hammering away at each other. Snipers were using satellites to track their targets; firing bullets across the distance with ease. A fresh batch of troops arrived via armed escort from Lusaka where they were enjoying their week leave. A war as long as this one demanded long breaks, else morale dip even lower. With a new offensive imminent, nothing could be put to chance.

"Sir!" A group of low ranking soldiers all saluted at the Malesti Major as they passed by. There were dozens of them coming in and more on the way. A city that had once held nearly a million civilians now held nearly 80,000 soldiers. All protected by a huge amount of anti-artillery and anti-air defenses. It would be obvious to the Bohi and their allies where an attack would be coming from, but since they had cleared out the zone of anti-tank weapons and had commandeered their satellites, they still held a massive advantage.

The Malesti Major nodded to the saluting men, taking a drag from his cigarette and looking up at the setting sun. "Another division would be arriving by morning", he thought to himself. "Another 2,000 soldiers and all their supplies. Many of them new recruits."

It would not be a pleasant 72 hours for any of them, he determined, dropping the cigarette on the ground, stamping it out with his feet.

Ophioneus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ophioneus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:54 pm

Jamestown, 2095

UNDER WORK
Last edited by Ophioneus on Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
Puppet of the USJR

Shastara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Shastara » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:18 am

Reltangaet Command, Ainsbyrd Air Force Base, Val Centrallia
December 31st, 2099

“So it’s a coup?”

General Drysi shrugged, “Evidently so but I’m not exactly going to complain.”

Colonel Peter McCallister turned to look at the other officers and RGC staff seated at the briefing room table, “Well at least Alicia has fight left in her. Did she...?

“Yes, our orders are to prepare the RGC for the arrival of foreign diplomats and brief them on everything we have.”

“...That’s quite a bit of information General” McCallister replied.

Drysi chucked, “yes yes it is Colonel but I trust you’ll know what to look for.”

“Ma’am with respect I think my -”

“Colonel you and your team have the most experience when it comes to dealing with the Eliksni, I have complete faith that TEI-1 will be able to give the ambassadors the perspective only someone who has met the enemy on the battlefield can give.”

“Well if you want to convince them the threat is real, can’t we just have Tavriks come and dance a little Eliksni jig, sing a shanty, and spill the beans on everything?”

Drysi sighed, “I am still not fully convinced that Tavriks can be...trusted. Yes, his information has been incredibly useful but...here we are. Depending on how the talks go I may bring him out if they really need convincing.”

The intercom suddenly blared: “General Drysi to Lab Seven, General Drysi to Lab Seven ASAP.”

“Oh, what now? You're all dismissed, Colonel with me.” She ordered as she started walking towards the door. “Maybe Illian finally has something.” She muttered.

The two entered the stairwell and headed up two levels and headed to Illian's lab. Major Althea Illian was McCallister’s second in command on TEI-1, and was considered the foremost expert on Eliksni tech. On the table sat a helmet that belonged to the Eliksni they had in custody: Traviks. Two days ago the internal communications device started receiving a message. What it was and where it came from nobody knew...that is until now.

“Major! Glad to see you’ve spent your New Years Eve...relaxing.” Said McCallister.

“Ha well actually it’s quite funny, while Eliksni tech seems to look ragtag in nature it’s actually very intricate and well desi-”

“Ah ah ah! No. Tell us what you found and then I am ordering you to go up to the mess hall and have real fun alright?”

Illian rolled her eyes, “Yes sir. Well, first of all, the most bizarre thing is that the signal isn’t being received off-world at all.”

“How is that possible?” Drysi asked.

“Well, I traced the source back to this location.” She said handing Drysi her tablet.

“That...that can’t be right.”

“Well, it is. Duotnnari Plains. North Rukonia. The very same location where a meteor crashed back in 2090. Guess it wasn’t a meteor after all.”

“Apparently not. What does it say?” McCallister asked.

Illian leaned towards the helmet and pressed a button on the inside.

“Dre malk, mal nasir. Ulog mal akkan.”

“And the message just repeats over and over. I was hoping to get access to Tavriks so he could translate it for us.”

“I’ll go, send the audio file to my tablet and I’ll meet you two in the mess hall...and good work Major,” said McCallister.

“Yes sir, thank you, sir.” she happily replied.

“Don’t rough him up too hard Colonel, I don’t want him reciting the USA Charter back to me again.” Ordered Drysi.

He simply nodded his head and headed towards the detention block. He paused and made a slight detour to R and D. There he made a requisition for two 10oz canisters of OWO-55: Either.
The logistics officer gave him a weird look to which he replied, “C’mon its New Years, he’ll appreciate it.” He then took the canisters and continued to the detention center.

He made his way up several levels before entering the detention area. He reached the cell on the far side of the hall, two guards stood on either side of the door both snapped to attention.

“Open it”

The guards immediately complied, one unlocking the door while the other raised his rifle as McCallister swung it open. The cell was dark, it had a single cot and a toilet with a bookshelf filled with authorized reading material. The lone occupant of the cell was hidden in the back corner of the cell, when it spoke it made an unsettling sound like a mix between wheezing and buzzing. Its voice was sly yet innocent.

“Colonel,” it said, “More questions for Tavriks? Or do you wish to,” it wheezed again, “Socialize.”

“Well, Tavi I actually have a gift for ye.” He said revealing the canisters of either. “It’s new years, drink up.” he continued throwing one towards the corner.

An insectoid like hand reached out and caught it. Tavriks ravenously unscrewed the lid and a luminous white gas could be seen briefly before being inhaled by the Eliksni prisoner.

“Now that you mention it...I do have a question for you.” He waited until Tavriks had finished his canister. Why didn’t you tell us about the Rukonian meteor? With what you’ve shared with us you have to had known.”

The alien slowly came forward and sat on the cot facing McCallister. He was an unruly sight to behold, his four glowing eyes probed the Colonel curiously, the rest of his insectoid like face was covered by a respirator. He had traded in his traditional robes and cape for a bright orange jumpsuit that was specially tailored to comfortably fit all four of his arms.

Kik kik kik kik Why do Rukons keep drone secret? Why do Shastarans keep gaet travel secret? Everyone has secrets Colonel, Tavriks is no exception.” He wheezed.

McCallister frowned, “Well that sure isn’t helpful at all.” He pulled out his tablet, “Perhaps you can tell me what this means?”

“Dre malk, mal nasir. Ulog mal akkan.”

The alien let out a series of deep grunts that constituted laughter, he kept getting louder and harder. McCallister had enough, he picked up one of the other canisters and whacked the Eliksni in the head, sending him sprawling.

“What. Does. It. Mean. Tavriks?”

He wheezed violently before letting out a slight chuckle, “Come. Come forward. A new year, a new era.”

The Colonel lowered his fist upon realizing what Tavriks just told him, he glanced down at his watch: 11:54. He threw the cylinder to the ground and sprinted out of the cell, the last thing he heard before the door shut was Tavriks howling with that sandpapery laugh of his. He ran over to the elevator and slammed the button but nothing happened.

11:55

Cursing under his breath he sprinted over to a mounted phone and quickly dialed Drysi’s office. Nothing. He started sprinting up the stairs and burst into the RGC control room. Tons of computer stations and control consoles dominated the room, each manned by an officer or scientist. At the front of the room was a large glass window overlooking the embarkation room, in which lay the most valuable machine known the man: The Reltangaet. 6.7 meters in diameter and weighing in at 29 metric tonnes this ring was the portal that had once been used as a transport mechanism for an ancient civilization and had been the base for the dream of Shastaran interstellar imperialism, but that dream had turned into a nightmare as the country was unprepared for the dangers of the galaxy, and now faced the dire consequences for taking such action alone.

11:56

“Sergeant Markus dial the Alpha Site, dial it right now that's an order!” he yelled.

“What I-”

“Just do it Sergeant!” he yelled as he began sprinting towards the mess hall.

11:58

He flew into the hall, which was packed with airmen yelling and hollering as the TV showed videos of crowds all packed together in cities all around Ventismar waiting to ring in the New Century. He saw General Drysi through the crowd talking with several officers from before.

11:59

He nearly threw several airmen aside as he finally got within earshot of her. She noticed him frantically trying to get her attention and walked over.

“Ma’am Tavriks translated the signal, we need to move to Defcon 1 right now!”
“Why what did he say?” She asked as they started towards the exit.

“TEN!” The crowd roared.

“Because when that clock hits 12...”

Her eyes widened in horror.

“NINE...EIGHT...SEVEN...SIX”

“Oh mah gods..” she whispered.

“...FOUR...THREE...TWO...”

They both slowly turned towards the TV.

“ONE!”

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:30 pm

January 1st 2100,
Eomeria, Rezua
Royal Palace

"Happy New Year!" screamed the crowd. Fireworks lit up the sky over the palace, couples kissed, party-goers toasted. From the palace balcony, Empress Aria and her husband Brandon smiled and waved at the people below. Beside the royal couple stood Prince Emmanuel and his wife Sofia. Their children were also with them, Henri and William, along with their wives and children. The royal heir, Martin, and his family were not present sadly. His flight had been delayed and he couldn't make it home. And Alexi, the youngest child of Aria, was with her husband's family for the New Year. Aria was still happy that some of her family was with her. Holidays were time for family, as her mother always put it. Mother and Mom always did their best to be together as often as possible. But for holidays, there was never an exception. Holidays were always spent together, regardless of what politics had to say about it.

The national anthem began to play loudly, drawing Aria's attention to the sky. Fireworks shot upwards near the statues of Empress Ymira and Princess Sierra.They burst and formed the crest of the Everen family and shortly after, the badge of the famed Princess Squadron. Aria's eyes watered at bit at the sight. Ever since the death of Sierra, fireworks would fly over those statues. Aria held her husband close and said, "I wish Mom was here to see that. They've never done that before. She'd have loved it." And then, another firework shot up. Aria wondered at its color, a bright sparkling one. But then she realized it was heading at the palace. Suddenly armed guards ran out onto the balcony. "Ma'am, get inside!" one screamed and they rushed to pull her inside.

Imperial Street

Officer Kerrick Lanschen glanced up at the sky, watching the fireworks. The main avenue to the palace was so packed with people that Kerrick felt like he was a sardine. The small fence that he stood behind offered him some breathing room, but not much. Kerrick glanced down at his phone to set a timer for one AM. After that, he could leave and join his friends at a New Year Party.

His radio crackled suddenly with a warning,"Attention Officers, get people off the street immediately! The Army has declared that we are in Defcon One. Get the people to safety. The Rukonians are under attack from some unknown force. They're being overwhelmed- OH GOD, Ah aaaah!" Kerrick looked over to Sergeant Gregor Mallick, who had just been speaking to another officer. Before the man could even give an order, the palace exploded.

A bolt of energy hit the building just above the balcony. Burning light enveloped the balcony, just as an explosion collapsed part of the building. Several more pelted the palace. Then a rain of these strange attacks overtook the sky. Buildings fell, the crowd began to scream and scatter. Kerrick pulled out his pistol and knocked over his part of the crowd control barrier. "Down here, move!" he called to the crowd.

A loud roar filled the air, forcing Kerrick to grab his ears. A huge ship overshadowed the city block, immense beyond human capability. Dozens of cannons fired deadly energies, leveling bloc after bloc. Fighter jets form the Air Force swarmed around it, firing at it with seemingly no effect, at least none visible from the ground. An then strange smaller ships swarmed around the bigger ship, igniting the Air Force as if their planes were made of paper.

Kerrick began to run as ships swooped low, firing into the crowd. One decimated a large group and landed on their bodies. Huge doors opened, allowing tall, four-armed freaks to surge out, firing weapons akin to the bigger ones leaving the city. Kerrick froze, staring down these strangers. His arms went numb and his psitol slipped from his hands and hit the ground. One of the freaks turned towards him and raised a gun and fired. Kerrick closed his eyes.

Something hit Kerrick, knocking him down. Above him was Sergeant Gregor, covered in gore from a wound that had removed his left arm. "Move! We gotta get back to our people!" Kerrick and Gergor got up and sprinted for a line of police cars. The officers held their fire long enough for Gregor and Kerrick to get behind cover with them before they opened fire with pistols, shotguns, and the odd assault rifle. Gregor drew his pistol and fired too. Kerrick turned around and found a discarded shotgun and opened fire. The officer's rounds hit the strangers that were marching at them. Some of them knocked some down, but many only shuddered as their armor took the brunt of the hits. They returned fire, their guns blowing the officers apart like balloons. One of the officers screamed ,"Run, run!" But it was too late. The invaders overtook the barricade, mowing down the terrified defenders. Kerrick watched as Gregor fired his weapon into the head of one of the invaders, and then was himself killed a moment later. Kerrick downed one of the attackers but he soon turned and ran. Within seconds, the invaders had routed the defenders.

January 1st 2100,
Delgain, Rezua

Garen and Callie laid together, coddled up in bed to watch the celebrations back in Eomeria. The fireworks show began and then ended abruptly. "Did we lose connection?" Callie asked in disappointment. Garen shrugged and got out of bed to check the screen. "Nothing looks wrong, Callie. Maybe it just...fried or soemthing?" Callie glanced at her phone to text one of her friends close by to see if they could come over. "Put something on babe. We'll go over Meridith's." The young man slipped on some clothes as Callie finished her message. With a sigh, Callie tossed her phone to the foot of the bed and also began to dress. Just as she finished, the building shook. Garen's eyebrows rose questioningly and he rushed to the window.

"Um, did the city plan celebrations before the Eomerian one finishes? Everyone watches the Imperial Fireworks show." Callie asked.

Garen answered in a shakily voice, "You've got to come see this."

Down below, tall figures fired into the crowd indiscriminately. City police were trying to fight them, but they were hopelessly outgunned. Police barricades were easily trampled by spider-like tanks. They were simply blasting the defenders away with their terrifying guns. Strange ships soared above, firing down into crowded areas, as well as the city center. Down the street, Garen could see that the invaders were focusing on the navy base down by the port. The echo of railguns and missiles could be faintly heard. Callie covered her mouth in horror and clung to her boyfriend.

A knock on the door made the two youths jump. "Prince Garen! It's Sergeant Beric. We have to get you to safety, sir." Garen hurried to the door and opened it, dragging Callie dragged along. Officer Beric was dressed in his security gear, helmet and vest on, sub-machine gun slung over his shoulder. Behind him were some four others. Garen didn't even bother to ask how Beric found him. The royal family was always being guarded, especially during war. But everyone thought the Bohi would pull a stunt. Beric looked at the shivering young woman, trembling in fear and saddened. "Sir, our top priority is you. If-"

"No ifs, Sergeant. Callie's staying with me no matter what." the prince said.

The group set off at, dashing out of the building and turned straight for the base. "Sir, we're going to the naval base. There's a sub waiting to take you. All the bloodily planes are being annihilated on the ground." Garen gave no comment, though he began to panic as he realized that they were heading towards where most of the enemy was amassing. Garen's security team quickly got into an SUV, making sure to place Garen and Callie away from a window. The car speed off, heading straight for the base.

The streets were filled with bodies and fighting. The SUV barely had any room, barrelling into and past rumble and clumsily made defenses. One of the officers by a window called out to the others, "We've got something coming up fast." The man raised his weapon to fire out the window, then the door was hit by an energy burst. The door was smashed, but was forced into its frame and stayed on. The officer was hit by the blast, his upper torso, neck, and head took the hit. He gave a short cry of agony before slumping over on Garen. "Son of a bitch!" shouted Beric.

A narrow craft pulled up along side of them, resembling a rider on a motorcycle. If people had four arms and had motorcycles that hovered above the ground. Beric was seated in the passenger seat directly next to the foreign rider. He fired his sub-machine gun at the enemy. The creature leaned into his craft to avoid being hit. The stranger returned fire with his own weapon, striking the hood of the SUV. The blow simply grazed it, but the whole SUV shuddered as if ready to break. Callie wailed and Garen began to pant as panic seized him.

"Down that alley now!" Beric ordered, leaning out his window to get a better shot. The driver obeyed, turning hard to take a side-street. Another speeder joined the chase after the SUV s they did. Another officer leaned out his window and fired, striking one of the riders but not fatally. The man soon received a lethal shot in kind. With the two speeders after them, nearly upon them once again, Beric held his breath. He waited for the lead rider to sway ever so slightly to the left. Then he fired. His shot took the alien in the head, knocking him back. His sudden shift caused the hovercraft to turn sideways rapidly, causing the other one to crash into it. The SUV turned back onto another street, just as the ruined craft tumbled past them in a heap. The SUV did not escape unharmed though. The crashed craft hit the back of the SUV as it made the turn, causing it to shake and topple unto its side.

Beric and the remaining security team members wasted no time in pulling Garen and Callie free from the crash. Though, both youth were dazed. Garen glanced at his shoulder that was caked with the blood of the first officer who was killed. He glanced up and saw the gates of the naval base, barred but clear of foes. Garen grabbed Callie's hand and surged forward, surprising his security team with his sudden burst of speed. They hurried after him. "Stay with me." Beric shouted. The group approached the gates carefully. The bodies of both humans and their uninvited guests were strewn about, as if some giant child had knocked over lines of toy soldiers. The base, however, still held. For now.

"Who's this then?" demanded a solider.

"Prince Garen, I've orders to get him on a sub outta here."

"Sub's about to leave, its nearly full with a skeleton crew and refugees." The soldier opened the gates and turned to fire on approaching enemies.

Beric was already leading his group through the gate as he turned to look over his shoulder and shouted, "Thanks!" The gates were shut quickly and Garen shuttered to think what would happen to the soldiers on the other side of it. Yet, he soon refocused on himself as a building in the base exploded from a shot from above. Large ships loomed overhead, with dozens of smaller ones all around. Jet fighters were few in number, barely more than a few handfuls. Their efforts were not enough to keep the base defended. In the harbor, Rezuan Imperial Navy vessels opened fire on the skies and bombarded the land. Many of them where in flames, and the water was full of men and women. By one pier, was a submarine.

Garen and his group ran for the submarine, his security team pushed and shoved civilians aside. A man wearing the rank of a captain stood at the front of the line. He frowned as he saw Beric and his men approaching.

"No, we've no more room. Military personnel are not allowed onboard either."

"It's Prince Garen!" Beric roared back.

The captain bite his lip and sighed, "We've only got enough room for the boy." Garen held onto Callie desperately and shouted at the captain, "I'm not going without her! Without them!" He waved his free arm at the three men who had gotten him to the base. The captain looked down ashamed. He raised his eyes, filled with tears and gasped, "I'm sorry son. I...I only...damn it to hell. Get onboard with the girl."

"I'm a royal dammit! Let my whole group on!"

"I'm sorry son, but no. And I already shouldn't have let the girl on."

Beric turned to Garen and clasped his shoulder and looked into his eyes. "Listen sir, my orders where to get you here. I've done my part. I've protected you. Do you know why? Because it is the job of our royals to protect us. All of us. Get out of here, and make sure that we get help here in Delgain." Garen knew in that instant that the sergeant was ready to die. To give in. The prince grabbed his hand and shook it. "Survive, goddamn it, survive. I'm coming back." The sergeant only nodded and smiled sadly.

The captain ordered for the sub to begin to leave and urged the couple to get onboard with him. The young couple obeyed hastily, fleeing aboard the sub. The vessel charged for the open harbor, passing other vessels full of fleeing refugees. Garen looked out at the harbor one last time, just as the captain descended the ladder. A destroyer beside them burst into flames as a large blast from one of the immense ships hit it. The captain pulled the hatch closed.

Once below deck, Garen and Callie followed the man into the bridge, where he quickly took command. "Get us out of here! Head straight for the exit! Then dive as soon as we can." His ordered were nearly drowned out by the sound of fighting coming from up above. On the radio, the sub was cleared to leave by some naval official leading the evacuation.

Back onshore, Sergeant Beric watched with bated breath as the sub made its way out. A lone enemy dove for the sub, and was hit by a railgun from a still floatig cruiser. A group of crafts dove down, dropping bombs on other boats and warships that were fleeing, damaging and destroying some. And then, Beric gasped as one of them turned around and dove for the sub. A lone jet screamed to intercept, firing its guns at it. The craft exploded, but a larger one took its place. The same jet continued to fire, but its guns were not doing enough. The alien's gun glowed with devilish energy, ready to destroy the sub. "No!" shouted Beric, just as the jet roared into afterburner, slamming nose first into its foe, knocking both craft from the air, into the blood colored water below.

Beric sighed with relief as the sub disappeared below the waves safely. He turned around to help hold the gate with his fellows, just as he heard the crunch of metal and wails of pain. A huge spider-like tank barrelled past the gates, followed by swarms of enemies. Alarms shrieked all around, notifying the defenders that the base's outer defenses were compromised. Half dozen jets remained in the air, and seemingly scattered together, as if ordered to. Ships tried to flee to sea desperately. And seconds later, Beric's radio cracked, "The base has fallen! Get out of here if you can! Get out! Get out! Get- ah!"

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Librira
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Librira » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:08 pm

December 31st, 2099
'Osiris' Missile Defense Complex, Central Librira

Even over 100 years after it was built, the Osiris Missile Defense Complex was still serving a purpose. Tied into a network, of satellites, independent radar stations, and missile silos, The site had been transformed from what was originally just a simple, primitive by today's standard radar site, housing massive phased array radars. It still had the radar, sure but now it was all sleek, multi-purposed, efficient. The site had been expanded as its role grew, but most of the work was still done in the same place. Deep underground a few... some would call them unlucky, others lucky ... Military Air Service officers kept a mindful eye on all the machines as they chugged away monitoring the world for potential threats. Besides Preforming maintenance and occasional readiness drills and tests, it was the slowest site in the Military Air Service. As the new year approached it was as if it were the same as any other day.

At just before 3 o'clock however, the quiet hum of the various machines was broken by the wail of an alarm and Red lights strobing on the walls. The large map in the hall that showed supposed launch locations in time of war, was now covered with launches, all over the world. A big red "MULTIPLE LAUNCHES" flashed at the bottom of the screen. One of the officers silenced the alarm, however the lights persisted. As the seconds passed the launches remained, but no path had been plotted. A ticker tape machine, began to rattle away for the first time in over a generation. Spitting out a long string of paper with the coordinates of each launch stamped into it. One after another in clacked away noisily, as most of the men stood still, processing what was happening.

"A glitch?" one whispered to the man next to him

"possibly, but i haven't seen it glitch like this in my time here" he whispered back

One of the men studied the map more closely scanning all the locations, he then came to a horrible realization.

"it says there is a launch coming from Libra!" he said loudly, trying to get everyone's attention

"That's not possible, we would have known about any of our own launches!" said one of the higher ranking officers

"Someone get a hold of the MAS Commissar and the premier, and get to checking the systems" ordered another commander.

nearly everyone broke out into activity at once, the Ticker tape machine was still banging out numbers, as one double checked the coordinates. Another was gripping the phone tensely, waiting for someone on the other end to pick up.

Suddenly a loud *Clack* caused the room to pause. Another *Clack* followed, as everyone collectively looked at the status board, next to the map on the wall. Librira used a 6 point scale to determine the state of things. It had been at 2 for the past few years, 1 being the best situation. However now, it was being elevated. first 3, the second clack had brought it to 4. As everyone's eye's were riveted to the old fashioned light. It clacked again, the light moving now to 5, a high state of alert. The ticker machine stopped, finally finished listing all of the 'launches'. One officer nervously poked his head out of an adjacent communications room.

"Libra's been attacked" he said, devoid of emotion, still shocked

"by whom," shouted someone from the control room

"reports are saying some flying ship, huge" he said eyes lowered to the floor

"... what on earth is happening" said one officer, out loud, almost mirroring everyone elses thoughts.
Last edited by Librira on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Librira is a Democratic-Syndicalist nation
Sunalaya's Corentian Nationalist - Corentia is the Superior Continent!
Member of Sunalaya
Information, If you like.

Kiez
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiez » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Ministry of Defense Emergency Command Center
Angel Mountain Complex, Northeastern Kiez
January 1st, 2100, 12:05 IST
General Leon Holtzmann

Five minutes, five minutes was all it took for an ordinary celebration of the New Year to degrade into nothing more than chaos as men began to receive overwhelming reports of massive explosions within the city of Berlin as well as reports of tall, bipedal creatures taking to the streets and mowing down anyone they could have possibly found. This was too early, thought General Leon Holtzmann as he stood on the banister outside of his office in order to get a status update as to what exactly was going on in the streets of major cities. He had been in the loop regarding the Tri-Tech Corporation's Genesis Initiative as well as making sure that military support for the Initiative was secured but he had been advised the attack would have taken place months later, not five minutes after midnight!

"Sir we've lost contact with the Ministries of Internal and Foreign Affairs as well as the Reichstag."

"We have reports of an attack in the streets of Berlin by an unidentified force!"

"We have confirmation that members of the 2nd Army is mobilized and engaging these creatures in the city but our air forces are being shot out of the sky!"

Having previously prepared to leave his post to return home, Leon had been rudely awakened by the sounds of blaring alarms as well as an automated statement that the Ministry of Defense was at Alert Condition One before all contact was lost with their Headquarters in Berlin and was practically struggling to keep his ship from sinking while attempting to relay orders to those who were scurrying around like headless chickens. "i want all air servicemen to report for active duty immediately, get all Strategic Defense Initiatives assets active and begin anti-air screening immediately and someone get Premier Joachim on the line now!" He shouted as he stared up at the massive display screen that showed all of Kiez, with large red triangles being present over the major cities of the nation. This wasn't right, even if the timing might have been off surely their sensors could have detected these objects long before the had entered the skies of Kiez! What in the hell was going on?

"General, General!" an officer screamed among the overlapping voices within the command center as he practically ran up the stars with a touchpad in hand "We've received confirmation that the Commissars of Commerce, Internal Affairs, Foreign Affairs, and the Premier were killed in the explosion that destroyed the Reichstag, we're still trying to get in contact with the other Commissars but the entire line of succession is in chaos, sir." The room had fallen deathly quiet as all within the command center whirled their heads up towards the guardrail in complete and utter shock and silence.

General Leon was very much in stunned silence as he tightened his grip on the guardrail. "Mein Gott... This wasn't supposed to happen!" The seasoned general snarled as he pushed himself off the guardrail and turned to the officer "I want the Colonel to take command for the time being, I need to contact a few people." Without as much as glancing back to see if the officer had heared his request would the General quickly move back into his quarters, with the glass dimming significantly to give him the privacy that he very much needed. With the initiation of the Genesis Initiative did the Ministry of Defense's Emergency Command Center obtain a direct line to not only the Tri-Tech Board of Directors, but also the other Facility Directors who commanded the Genesis Initiative. He had been given no warning, no prior knowledge that the plan did not include a surprise attack on New Years! "Get me a secure line to the heads of the Genesis Initiative."

Kreuzung Facility
Northern Kiezan Countryside
Dr. Johann Elsner

"Absolutely unacceptable!" Snarled one of the Corporation's Board of Directors as he slammed his fist on the table, a loud and audible thud reverberating throughout the monitor's speakers as both the Board of Directors and only five of the nine Facility Directors being present in the conference call "Not only have we lost four of the nine Facility Directors because of the attack in Berlin, but our entire Countdown System had been completely flawed in the first place!" The Director stated angrily as he turned his head towards Doctor Elsner, his eyes narrowing as an intense glare of hatred was present on his face "Doctor Elsner, what excuse could you POSSIBLY have for not having detected this glitch earlier before?! Your mistake could perhaps cost us all of our lives because of it!"

"First and foremost, we sometimes overlook even the most obvious of glitches considering the demand you've put on us to ensure this Initiative reaches completion!" Doctor Elsner replied with an equally irritated expression on his face as he rose up from his chair angrily. "Do not assume that it is my mistake that caused this Director, the glitch that myself and Researcher Leskov located was connected to the primary operations of the countdown system, which had been activated ten years ago!" His grip tightened on his table as he bared his teeth "It was your people who had done the estimations for the arrival of the aliens, It was the fault of your people, not mine!"

"Enough." The voice of the Tri-Tech Corporation's Chairman stated dryly, a hint of irritation being present on his face as the Director who had accused Doctor Elsner took a seat once more, his expression still betraying a hint of fury, but not as pronounced before. "Director Andrews..." He stated plainly as his eyes was upon the Ventismar Division Director "Remember that it was the Ventismar Division's objective of triangulating when these extraterrestrial forces were supposed to arrive in Kiez, This was the fault of your technicians in the first place so I suggest that you start by rectifying your mistakes and cleaning house, and Doctor Elsner..." The Chairman now had his undivided attention upon the Kreuzung Director. "Do not forget who you work for and what has kept you alive for so long, you follow the Board's orders so I highly suggest that you show some respect before we liquidate you."

Doctor Elsner felt a cold chill run through his spine at the Chairman's statement. He knew that the Tri-Tech Corporation had killed its own people simply because they failed to meet the quota for the Genesis Initiative and even while he was only one of the five Facility Directors, the Tri-Tech Corporation would very much kill him without any reservation and find one of their own to replace him. He sat back down in his seat with a timid expression on his face before noticing that someone else had joined the conference call.

"General Holtzmann. We are well aware of the situation and are trying to-"

"DO NOT feed me that standard excuse for your failures." The General said, a sneer present on his face as he spoke. "Berlin and Port Zeitlow are in flames and half of the line of succession died with the Premier when the Reichstag was destroyed by the enemy!" Stunned expressions were on the faces of most of the other people present in the conference call, while the expression of the Chairman betrayed no emotion as the General continued to let his anger be known to those who were supposed to keep the Government informed. "This very survival of our people are at stake because we decided to put our fate into a corporation that cares more about their own asses than those of the people they are supposed to work for." Before anyone could react to the General's accusation would he keep speaking "Let me be clear that while we will remain partners so that the people of this country can be saved, but rest assure that this business relationship will be different than it was when Premier Joachim was in control. Now if you excuse me..." General Holtzmann stated coldly as he rose up from his seat:

"I have work that needs to be done."
- Vladimir Lenin

North Rukonia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Rukonia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:26 am

December 31 2099, 11:30 pm

Merida King was sitting on the balcony of the penthouse in King Tower, sipping champagne and watching over the city of Haven from the tallest building in it. The bustling streets of the metropolis alit with white and red LEDs as the cars filled the roads, people frantically going from A to B for whatever New Year's party. The night was cold, but clear, accompanied by the beautiful stars twinkling above the planet.

She had not cut any corners on her annual New Year's party. She went all out, ordering the best fireworks, the best drinks, and the best DJs. Last year she was the laughing stock of the city due to many, many cut corners. The planner of the last party was fired and she personally oversaw the planning of the 2100 party.

"Knock knock! Guess who it is! It's your favorite big brother!" A tall, blond man stood in the doorway to the balcony. He strided over to the railing where Merida was leaning and joined her.

"Hey, Junior! I see you got the message."

Sam grimaced at the old nickname, "I'm your elder by two years!"

"Yeah, but I don't care. Anyways, I hope the military is treating you well."

"Gods, it's so boring. At least I can pull rank on most people at base. We should've gotten involved in the war down in Ziamban. It'd give us something to do."

"Being based in Haven isn't half bad. Jewel of North Rukonia, and, dare I say, the world."

Sam chuckled, "I guess so." He looked down to the entrance of King Tower, clogged with people trying to get in.

"I see you went all out this year, some pretty high-profile people here. Was that the Langly couple I saw on my way up?"

"Gods yeah, I hate them. The only reason I invited them was to try and get a deal with their company. You think talking to your superiors is bad, you haven't talked to them"

"That's debatable. Anyw-," Sam was interrupted by an old man with a grey walrus mustache.

"Madam King? Everyone's here. They're expecting you." Said the butler leaning out the doorway.

Merida sighed and downed the rest of her drink, "Into the wolves' den." She turned around and walked towards the party. Sam chuckled and followed her

"Hello, ladies, gentlemen, fellow CEOs, and welcome to the annual King family New Year's party!" She was met with faint applause, "I'd like to congratulate you all on a successful year for our companies. This has been a great year, especially for those in the arms dealing business. Bet you're glad the Bohin and Malesti are sworn enemies." A few laughs arose from the crowd. "I'll keep this brief. Let us toast to good health, lots of money, and a happy Ne-" Bang! She was interrupted. The elevator dinged open and a security guard was thrown out the elevator, blood streaming down his face and suit. A large, creature followed him out the elevator, a viscous, white liquid crawling down his face and armor. It was carrying a blade that could've easily been a short sword for any human, but was just a knife for the beast.

It rose its arms, about to plunge it's blade into the guard, but it was halted as Sam pulled his sidearm from it's holster and loosed a round into its head. The thing staggered, seemingly from shock rather than being shot in the head. The monster moved to attack Sam, but he emptied the rest of the clip into its head. It didn't stop. It wavered towards him, but dropped the knife. Sam quickly picked it up and thrusted it through the things head. The sound was horrible, like to a bone breaking and cutting through skin. Sam pulled it out and the creature slumped on Sam, then falling on the floor, smearing white blood over his jacket.

They stood there for 20 seconds. "What in God's name is that!?" A person yelled from the audience. Sam snapped back to reality and looked at Merida with a face of dread.

"Evacuate the building immediately."

They rushed down to the streets of the city, as the sound of gunfire clouded the air. People running through the streets as abandoned vehicles clogged the arteries of Haven. Police and security guards were hiding behind cars with pistols, shotguns and other assorted weapons out, all looking at the sky. Then, ships flew in between the buildings. The sides of them opened wide, and more of the beasts jumped out onto cars, crushing the roofs of them.

"Uoggi davinkg! Ednlok kes kir!" One with four arms shouted. The group charged. Blue light flew from their weapons. The sounds of gunfire responded, but the lasers cut through the most defensive line easily. Sam grabbed a shotgun and loaded a slug. One of the creatures charged at him, but Sam was too fast. He thrust the barrel of the gun at the head of the alien, and pulled the trigger. White blood spewed out of the hole and the alien lurched backwards and dropped to the ground, dead. Sam stumbled towards the gun it'd just dropped.

"Move, move!" he pointed the slightly oversized handgun at one of he remaining aliens, and fired. The energized round bounced off into the ground.

"Etee los mir!" It jerked towards Sam and raised it's gun. Sam moved out if the way in time but barely. A beam grazed his side, incinerating a strip of his shirt and sending a burning sensation through him. He sent three more shots out and saw the alien collapse before he fell behind a car, writhing in pain.

Merida ran over to Sam, "Junior! Gods, are you alright!?"

"Yeah I'm okay. Help me on to this hood, will you." Merida helped him up and Sam took a kneeling position, with the engine block of the car as cover, "Everyone, fire on that four armed one!"

The monster staggered into a clear shot. Its rifle aimed and took a shot, going clear through a police officers head. It turned its rifle to prepare another shot, but was lit up by bullets. Many ricocheted off it's armor, but some went through. They tore through it, and it let out an ungodly scream before loosing its last breath.

Everyone fell to the ground, aside their fellow comrades. But they must push on. No matter what. "Grab the alien weapons, give them to the best shot in the group. I want everyone to evacuate the city. We'll split up. Ten officers that way and ten others that way. Take half of the citizens here, that just fled King Tower."

Sam felt a light tap on his shoulder, "S-sir, wh-whats that?"

"By the gods..."

A massive ship loomed in the distance, approaching Haven Harbor at a surprising speed. It's huge thrusters rippling the waters of the Centismar, even though it was thousands of feet above it. Suddenly, a booming noise rushed over the crowd.

"Wor beenak Eliksni. Iogner di verak. Retani falritu."

The noise repeated twice more, and then finally in Eotìannan.

"We are the Eliksni. Surrender now. You cannot win."
This user officially supports the 7-state solution for the Bograel-Jogustine Conflict
This user officially supports a One-State solution for Ventismar under the New Ruzkov Empire
------------------------------------------------------------------
My language is called Younger Eotìannan

God I love fantasy

Eubatu
Secretary

Founded: Dec 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Eubatu » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:20 am

Flight 8538
Direct Lindenholt to Eubatu

Eight hours Henry was sitting in that chair. A packed flight. Some four hundred and fifty people all squished together in Economy Class seats with barely a foot between them. Henry was stuck in the middle of the middle row, far from his preferred seat next to the window. At least then he would be able to look outside and see something natural. Rather than the endless rows and columns of heads. All either fast asleep or staring into brightly lit LED monitors in front of their faces.

Henry leaned his elbow on his armrest, head in hand, trying to pass the time anyway he could. It was light outside, only a little bit passed four o’clock Eubatian time. But, he was severely jetlagged and was already yawning profusely. He had been forcing himself to stay awake all flight to force his body to reintegrate to his proper time, but it was getting harder.

Now, Henry just wanted to get home, get into his car and drive the hour and a half to his house in Vasselu, step inside, drop his things at the front door and go to bed. It was the only thing keeping him awake. That, and the now empty cup of coffee which now sat on the foldable tray in front of him. It always amazed him how with even such little space, they still managed to fit a tray, television, headset for international calls and a cupholder in his seat. He turned his head to watch a flight attendant with a cart slowly walk by.

“Hello sir. Would you like another cup of coffee?” The flight attendant asked, holding out her hand. Henry nodded and passed her the cup.

“Please. And, would you happen to know when we are going to be landing?”
“We already started our descent. Just another half hour before we land in Port York.”

“Thank you, ma’am.” Henry said, taking back his coffee cup, now filled with the steaming brown liquid. Just one more cup before he would be home. Near perfect timing. He switched his LED display to a map of the world. A small plane blinked onto the map, along with the path that the airplane had followed over the course of the trip. While he could barely see the plane move across the screen, it was great to see how far he had come in such a short amount of time.

He chuckled to himself. He had only just been complaining about how long this planer-ride had been and now he was thinking about how short it was. He took a small sip, the steam blowing into his face. A light breath to cool it down and another sip before setting the cup on his foldable tray. He changed the setting of his LED display and put on his headset. A ten-minute tourist video about Eubatu. It was always fun to see the tourist videos set up for different countries. Always full of stereotypes to make the country look better in the eyes of vacationers.

Eubatu, the deeply Spanish voice rang out, as the black screen changed to a soft sunset along a beach. The title “Eubatu” appearing in cursive above the hammock and ocean view. A place like no other. Home to over 3 million people, this remarkably beautiful little island is filled with a bounty of sites. For both a touch of romance and to explore. Have a romantic walk down our famous Yellow Sand Beaches. The scene shifted to a gorgeous couple walking hand in hand on the aforementioned beaches. Henry had indeed done just that years before with his now-ex girlfriend. Of course, what the advert did not tell anyone, was that the Yellow Sand Beaches were generally filled with tourists, so it was near impossible to get the alone time needed to make it at all romantic. It was one of those areas where a private resort on the beaches was the only way to go.

Hike up Mount Venir, the tallest mountain in the country. See a full 360 degrees around the island. On clear days, you may even spot Smoya in the distance. Very clear days. And in an area that was foggy 190 days a year, good luck even seeing the ocean. If true masterpieces are what you seek, reach the top of Mount Afan. Experience what so many poets and artists have in centuries past. See for yourself why Mount Afan is the most picturesque location in the entire country. Feel the wind sweep through your hair. Watch hot air balloons and hang gliders take to the sky all around you. In December, see Eubatu’s hot air balloon show, where thousands of balloons take to the skies to watch the fireworks displays bringing forth the Christmas holidays. They must have not replaced the tourist video with the updated post-holidays video, yet.

The lights in the cabin turned on, just as the plane began to shake. “Don’t worry. We have just hit a spot of turbulence. We should be landing shortly. Until then, please keep your seatbelts fastened.”

Henry looked around the cabin. People were beginning to wake up. Some were staring out their windows, no doubt looking for the island. After spending an entire trip seeing nothing but clouds and maybe the ocean, a bit of land would be a desperately welcome sign. Henry yawned and snuggled back into his seat. ‘Whatever,’ he thought, ‘not like turbulence is anything new.’

The video had not paused and ha continued onwards. -is an Industrial Technocracy and has been for one hundred and fifty years. A pinnacle of scientific and technological achievement not seen anywhere else on Sunalaya. A society run by councils of the intelligencia, to keep Eubatu thriving. Eubatu has been the home of some of the greatest intellectual minds of the 21st and soon to be 22nd centuries-

The video paused when Henry touched the screen. More people were looking out the window and muttering to each other and themselves. Even the flight attendants seemed to be pretty worked up by something. He stood up as much as he could in his seat, looking around. Checking once again at his screen for flight time, it looked like they were supposed to have landed five minutes ago. And yet, his ears had not popped due to the pressure change like he was used to. It was like they had leveled out and were still flying at a steady height. Something was off.

Henry clicked on the ‘call attendant button’. Almost immediately an attendant walked by, a very fake smile plastered on her face. “What can I do for you?”

“Yes, I was just wondering when we would be landing? Are we running late or something?”
The attendant looked behind her towards the front of the plane and the cockpit with a slightly worried look. She turned back to Henry and resumed her faux smile. “Everything is fine, sir. No need to worry. Just please stay in your seat.”

Henry crossed his arms and grumbled, not knowing how else to respond. The passengers were getting more rowdy, speaking louder than before as 5 minutes turned to 15 minutes and then to 45 minutes.

“What is going on here!” A male passenger yelled from the back of the plane. A few comments of agreement responded in quieter voices.

“Anyone know why the internet is down?”
“Same with the international calling. I can’t reach my kids in Westminston.”
“Did the crew turn off outgoing communication?”

The crowd was getting shifty. The flight had become longer than they had expected, even with delays. Suddenly the cabin-communication system turned on to the pilot’s voice.

The captain’s voice was tired and sad. And very very nervous. His voice cracked every few words as if he had just recovered from crying his heart out. “Excuse me ladies and gentlemen. This is-is your captain speaking. W-we will be landing in Smoya, rather than Eubatu this evening… due to some troubling circumstances.”

The crowd grew livid. People began standing up in their seats against the wishes and warnings of the attendants and other crew members. “Why are we going to Smoya?!” “What is happening in Eubatu?” “Ya! What’s the deal? I can’t even see Eubatu from my window!”

The questions repeated themselves growing in intensity and anger. Even Henry joined in on the noise. This would make his trip that much longer. And he had work to get back to! The captain’s voice came back over the cabin-system. This time clearer, as if he had been practicing the message out loud prior to now.

“Ladies a-and gentlemen. There is no more Eubatu.”

Kiez
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiez » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:42 am

"Zero Hour"
Day One - !2:10 AM IST
Sgt Michael Geiger
3rd Division, Berlin Defense Militia
Streets of Berlin, Kiez

"GET OFF THE STREETS NOW!" A voice shouted over the carnage as an explosion ripped through the main street of Berlin, sending civilians and vehicles alike flying through the air as the sounds of explosions and gunfire could be heard from all around. The five minutes after the arrival of the new year had gone from a standard celebratory fashion to hell on Sunalaya as buildings had been set ablaze and the screams of civilians were made prevalent throughout the besieged city. Cut off from reinforcements as well as contact with high command, the vast majority of the Berlin Defense Militia was operating purely by the book: getting people off of the streets and into underground shelters while also attempting to secure key positions to await reinforcements from on high, although the latter of the two was a task that proved to be next to impossible as the constant airstrikes and attack from what appeared to be large, four armed bipedal creatures had proven to be a task difficult to contain with the disarray that military command was in.

Having taken up defensive positions around Immenstaad Boulevard's U-Bahn Subway entrance, Sergeant Michael Geiger and his squadron were fighting tooth and nail trying to keep the alien forces from advancing deeper into the city of Kiez, where the majority of the civilians were practically trapped by the sudden onslaught. "Command, this is Dagger 2-1 requesting air support, over!" The sergeant yelled into his handheld radio, quickly placing his forearm over his face as a nearby explosion sent debris flying overhead and very nearly obscuring his view as he reloaded his rifle before quickly rising out of cover and opening fire on the hostile infantry that was making their way down the street mowing down anyone in their path.

"Negative, negative Dagger 2-1! All air support in your AO is already engaging hostile forces. We're trying to send additional support your way but it isn't only Berlin that is suffering from this attack-" the reply from command had been interrupted by a nearby Tempest VTOL crashing right in the middle of the street followed by a barrage of energy based weapons that caused the fighter jet to become enveloped in a brilliant inferno of orange and red that rocked the very foundations of the street that Viper Squadron was attempting to hold down. This would be followed by the loud humming of an alien gunship that flew overhead of the U-Banh Station before quickly taking a 180-degree turn behind the ranks of the alien invaders, dropping nearly a dozen more Eliksni Vandals as well as a heavily armored walker that landed with an audible crash! only about a few hundred meters from their position.

"Scheiße! They brought in heavy armor!?" One of Geiger's subordinates shouted in complete and utter astonishment as the Eliksni forces began to seemingly renew their efforts to break the defensive line that Dagger Squadron had managed to establish in all of their haste. As the gunfight between the two forces began to increase in intensity would gunfire from above begin to rain down on them as Eliksni Snipers had taken positions on the roofs of still intact buildings and began to provide suppressive fire for their comrades below "We got sniper fire on the roof! Damn it Wernicke is down!"

"Damn it!" Snarled Sergeant Geiger as he and his men began to slowly move back into the U-Bahn Station while dragging the downed Corporal Wernicke with them, standing in the front of the group would be Sergeant Geiger as he opened fire on the Eliksni Snipers "Command this is Dagger 2-1, unless we get additional support down here we won't be able to hold our positions. Where the hell is our reinforcements?!" he practically yelled into his radio, quickly reloading his weapon before the ominous sound of a weapon whirring to life began to get his attention, the armored walker was powering up! "INCOMING, GET DOWN!" was all he managed to get out before an explosion of bright blue energy enveloped the area where the team had been only moments ago, the shockwave of the explosion sending some members of the squadron crashing down into the subway station, effectively knocking out the Sergeant as well.

A Few Minutes Later...

"Dagger 2-1 this is Command, respond over..." replied a voice in the distance, the voice of Central Command that was beginning to reach out to him "Central Command to Dagger 2-1, how copy over?" While the sounds of battle continued to rage throughout the entirety of Berlin, Sergeant Geiger would only hear the muffled sounds of explosions as he began to slowly regain consciousness. He had remembered the violent explosion that sent him crashing down into the subway entrance and yet here he would find himself lying on the sidewalk of the street. Slowly lolling his head to the side would the grizzly sight of one of his soldiers, with a hole the size of a standard bullet between his forehead.

"Eshnak jai quinlai." Grunted out a deep voice quite a distance away from the downed Sergeant "Jaska mal nai kai." The comment being met with what sounded like chuckling in a foreign language as one of the Eliksni brought it's shock rifle to the chest of an unconscious Kiezan soldier and shot once, the arc bolt tearing through the soldier's heart and killing him instantly. "Niaj ra uruk sai nal ral." The laughter of the aliens returning once more as the sound of a loud metallic thud could be heard with each passing second. The Eliksni Armored Walker continuing down the street at what appeared to be a slow and solemn march towards the city center, where the remains of the once proud Reichstag stood.

Sergeant Geiger moved to slowly grab the rifle closest to him and when the weapon was nearly in his hand would he hear an incoherent shout before one of the Eliksni soldiers delivered a kick to the Sergeant's face before picking him up with one arm by the neck "Miaj Taung!" the Eliksni snarled as it's hand tightened around the soldier's neck, eyes filled with lethal intent as Geiger placed both of his hands on the Alien's hand and pry it's tightening grasp off of his neck, as the darkness began to surround him would the sound of gunfire and what could only be described as a weapons discharge from a railgun would the nearly unconscious Sergeant fall to the ground with the Eliksni in front of him practically being flung ten feet away from him as the Eliksni crumpled to the ground.

"Someone get a medic over here, we've got wounded." a foreign voice stated as the Sergeant finally lost consciousness.
- Vladimir Lenin

Frasian Viceroyalty
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Frasian Viceroyalty » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:22 pm

Kaiser Friedrich Imperial Abwehr Complex
Schwarzvogel Mountains, Sangarn-Strelitz/Anhalt-Köthen

It was a regular night for Agent Paul Fritze, well as normal as it could be for an agent of the Englean Abwehr. The complex he was stationed in was one of three nerve centres for the Abwehr, constructed back in 1965 in fear of the Abwehr being entirely cut off if a nuclear strike hit the capital. Since 2050, the complex had been expanded significantly to the point that one could say that the mountain range was supported entirely by the complex. Paul held the rank of Einsatzagent, which entailed editing and adjusting individual proposals given to him by agents for foreign and domestic missions before sending them to the higher officers of the agency. However, tonight he was observing Kommandozentrum 2 which observed the locations of agents around the world while also acting as another set of eyes watching the world for nuclear launches or other hostile attacks. Looking at the clock, it was 16:58 Englean Imperial Time. "Everyone else already is a year ahead, isn't that funny Dietrich?" Paul said to one of the agents watching the large screen centered at the far side of the room. Dietrich chuckled, responding "A year ahead but still decades behind!" It was a tradition for members of the Abwehr to see the superiority of the Kaiserreich wherever possible, and these two agents were not exempt from it.

Paul stood on the balcony overseeing the command centre, full of gents scurrying around busily and others on computers. On the walls were smaller screens displaying different forms of information, and were complimented with large imperial coats of arms. The large screen at the far side of the room was large enough to be read from any area of the room, and had a large map of the world in the centre with the Abwehr's coat of arms in the righthand corner. Paul and Dietrich were observing the operations, and were dressed in standard uniforms of the Abwehr. Turning to Dietrich, Paul continued: "So, we have anything interesting going on tonight? It's the turn of the century, and I haven't heard anything from the headquarters or from the GKSeK." While Paul had a sense of calmness in his voice, he shared the sense of worry that most officers in the complex had. Why haven't they heard anything from the other complexes or from the GKSeK? "Well you know them, probably focusing on the Damsmarians. Or the Luftstreitkräfte is staring at the stars again. Everything's fine, Paul."

The clock kept ticking, and the operations kept going. Paul looked at the time, 16:59. "Happy New Year" he said to himself, knowing it is there already in Ventismar. As he was watching the clock, he could have sworn that the small hand paused for a moment before reaching 17:00. For a moment Paul felt strange, being in a new century. "Let's see what com-" His thought was cut off before he could finish, he large screen became full of red marks. The normally busy room became even more hectic, with agents running to different areas at record speed. One of these agents reached Paul, and started yelling "Herr Einsatzagent! Wir haben ein Problem in Ventismar!" Paul had no time to respond before alarms began to go off in the complex.

"The hell is happening, agent?"

"We have lost contact with agents in Eomeria, Kiez, and other major nations. We don't know what's happening, and haven..."

Before she could continue, the complex's announcement system sprang to life. "Achtung! Alle Agenten zu Gefechtsstationen! The GKSeK has enacted DEFCON 1, with reports of multiple hostile contacts around the world. Repeat, we are at DEFCON 1. Facility security has been enacted, and the blast doors have been ordered to be shut."

Nobody knew what was happening, and although the Abwehr was known for their discipline in any situation there was no room for calmness here. Until briefed by the complex commander, all they could do was wait...

GKSeK Headquarters
Outside Engelberg

"What in the everliving 9 Hells do you mean Ventismar is being attacked?!" Yelled a man into a phone. "Fine! Get us to DEFCON 2, immediately! I want the entire goddamn empire ready if this blows our way!"

After slamming the phone down, Reichsmarschall Heinrich von Kluge could not believe what he had just heard. Ventismar was being attacked by unknown forces, with many cities having major damage and loss of life. At first, the Reichsmarschall thought it was Rezua finally invading the Ventismarian Union nations. But then it was reported that Kiez was being attacked, and then ultimately Rezua as well. With this information, the Reichsmarschall decided to declare a military emergency to scramble all GKSeK forces from across the empire. Whatever was attacking Ventismar would surely come to the rest of the world. Ultimately, he decided to get word from Shastara - certainly they'd have an update.

Opening up a drawer, he then looked for the proper phone. There were about 4, all painted different colours. Red, yellow, orange, and then blue - the Shastaran connection. Dialing the phone, he received a response - "Please hold." Before he could say anything the line paused, and then started playing the Shastaran anthem. As he angrily waited, he saw multiple officers standing outside of his office. "Oh just goddamn wonderful," he thought to himself. It seemed like all hell was breaking loose all over the world, and he still got put on hold. Finally someone answered,

"Ello?"

"This is Reichsmarschall von Kluge of the Englean Imperial Armed Forces, could I get in contact with King Cadfael?"

"Ach well yer gooin tah want tae speak wit her majesty oon this one. Cadfael? Nah he's insane mate Alicia's goan n taken power. Ach one moment."

As they were speaking, a strange noise was heard from that line. It sounded like a gunshot, followed by multiple strange screams - nothing human. "Apologies, I'll patch ye through to the Palace in just a wee moment."

He knew it was probably going to be a while, so he put the phone on speaker and placed it on his desk. Motioning the officers outside in, he then proceeded to open another drawer and retrieve an electric cigar from within. Cigars and cigarettes were officially banned from the Kaiserreich in 2080 in favour of electric replacements, which were engineered to deliver "healthier" alternatives - vitamins, medicine, etc. As he was "lighting" it, an officer in the uniform of a Kaiserliche Heer Generalleutnant hurriedly approached his desk. "Herr Reichsmarschall, it has been reported that major cities within Ventismar have not only been attacked but utterly destroyed. Contacts on the continent have stated that the attacking forces were..." His voice cut off, not knowing how to properly say his next word. "Gottverdammt, General. Spit it out." Snapped the Reichsmarschall, whose next expression could not be described with words. "Aliens, Herr Reichsmarschall."

"You are screwing with me, aren't you, Herr Generalleutnant. All of us in this room know that is impossible." As he stated this, the phone sprang back to life with a voice. Picking it back up, he spoke: "I hope this is Her Majesty? If so, I would like to inquire as to what in the hell is going on over there?"

Kiez
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiez » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:55 pm

"Zero Hour"
Squad Commander "Silver Lead"
Tri-Tech Task Force IX-7 "Silver Wolves"
U-Bahn Station 4
Immenstaad Blvd, Berlin, Kiez

One would expect all to have been shaken by witnessing the barbarism of the Eliksni show of force, to lose the ability to fight against a tide of death that promised nothing but death for all. However, those who had been recruited to serve under the Tri-Tech Corporation's Black Ops Division known as the Blacklight Initiative had been to war zones where rules of engagement had been abolished, where battles had been nothing more than simple free-for-alls with the end result being nothing more than a total loss for all parties and neither side being able to gain a clear advantage over the others. The Tri-Tech Corporation had seen the worst that humanity itself had to offer and while the Eliksni were alien in appearance and biology, this did not mean that they acted like humans before the days of conventions and definitions of crimes against humanity had been established by supranational entities such as the United Sunalayan Assembly.

"Blacklight Command to all stations, we have confirmation that the assault on Kiez is not the main invasion force, agents for North Rukonia have reported a substantially larger invasion force being present over the aforementioned country. In light of this information, all Task Forces dispatched to major centers of population are to enact the Lazarus Protocol at your earliest convenience, assistance to military assets and evacuation efforts are considered a secondary priority. All rural-based operatives are to continue with the Safeguard Protocol, we have a short period of time before operations on the surface become untenable in this region." a voice, belonging to the advisor of Blacklight Command informed, the message being transmitted to all forces operating under the command of the Tri-Tech Corporation, including that of Task Force IX-7.

Task Force IX-7, commonly known as the "Silver Wolves" was one out of hundreds of task forces deployed under the direction of Blacklight Command into the towns and cities of Kiez to provide assistance to the Military while it was still counting the losses it had incurred during the Elkisni Assault, however unlike those who served under the Kiez Ministry of Defense who were primarily focused on defending the country and fighting the alien menace, the Tri-Tech Corporation's focus was one that could perhaps help turn the tide of battle in the long term: obtaining live or dead Elkisni specimens for experimentation as well as the acquisition of any technology that could be repurposed and used as a counter against the alien forces in the future. Like most task forces that had been dispatched into the cities, Silver Wolves was a Company sized task force of approximately 80 combat specialists well versed in obtaining high-value items within war zones.

But what they weren't used to was staying in one spot and guarding injured personnel and civilians.

"Command, this is Sliver Lead." The figure stated into his built-in microphone, walking slowly around the station walkway with his rifle holstered behind his back. "Be advised that we've encountered injured military personnel and civilians at U-Bahn Station 4 on the intersection of Immenstaad Boulevard and Main Street in Berlin. Interrogative: Do we have an exact period of time when the main invasion force reached Kiez airspace?"

They had encountered a group of soldiers belonging to the Berlin Defense Militia defending the U-Bahn Station entrance to the death, watching as the 3rd Division was slowly being cut down until only six infantrymen remained, when the heavy walker opened fire near the entrance, reducing their numbers to until only three. "Silver Lead, stand by over..." The voice replied evenly as comms went radio silent for a few seconds, the sounds of muffled explosions being heard on the surface above the station, causing small debris particulates to fall from the roof of the damaged subway station. "Silver Lead, be advised that an extraction team is making their way throughout the Kiez Subway System at this time and will arrive at Station 4 in ETA 15 minutes, prep any specimens and high-value equipment for quarantine and transport, Command out."

By the time that Silver Lead ceased his conversation with Blacklight Command would one of his own subordinates begin contacting him over the comm device. "Lead, the Division Sergeant is lucid if you want to talk to him."

By the time he reached area of the walkway where most of the civilians and injured had been placed would he notice Sergeant Geiger pushing away one of the Task Force medics who had been attempting to tend to his wounds, hearing the soldier speak some rather vulgar words in German and attempting to get up off of the floor of the walkway before he eventually began speaking English "I said get off me!" Geiger snarled, bringing his fist up in a threatening manner before another member of the Task Force intervened and quickly grabbed hold of the Sergeant's wrist "Who the hell do you arschlöcher's think you are?!"

"We're the assholes who saved the lives of you and your men Sergeant Geiger." Replied Silver Lead with irritation in his voice as he reached forward and grabbed the neck of the insubordinate Sergeant and tightened his grip slightly "So how about you sit the hell down and let us ask questions, or do I need to make my point by introducing my fist to your face?" He was in no mood to deal with people who wouldn't even show gratitude at being saved by members of a Tri-Tech Task Force, had it been another group of Kiezan Soldiers then he would have been dead right then and there. As the Sergeant fell silent would Silver Lead withdraw his hand and move away from the injured soldier "I thought so..." Silver Lead said coldly as he backed away and turned to one of his men "I want you to take some men topside and scavenge anything that can be salvaged from that heavy walker."

"Yes, sir." Replied the soldier in turn as he began to make his way towards the exit of the U-Bahn Station while Silver Lead simply decided to take a seat at the ledge of the walkway, unholstering his rifle and beginning to check for any damage it might have sustained: Tri-Tech didn't pay him enough to deal with insubordinate curs who wouldn't simply take no for an answer, they hired him for wet work and battle, not simply babysitting civilians when an Alien invasion was taking place.
Last edited by Kiez on Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Vladimir Lenin

Shastara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Shastara » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Tower Weapons Facility, PL288, November 2nd, 2099

“Doc you are out of time it’s either you get this thing operational this instant or we leave, because that fleet just came out of hyperspace.” Yelled McCallister as he and the rest of his team sprinted into the control room.

The mission was supposed to be simple, bring a millennia old weapons platform back online so they could use it to deep fry the massive fleet of Eliksni bound for Sunalaya...for home. However, they had run into a problem. The weapons station could be activated but by only someone with the genes of the Praeminori, and Major Dafydd was the only one with the gene. The weapon would only fire at a rate too slow for the whole fleet to be destroyed before the Eliksni could annihilate the tower from orbit. Doctor McDoogle had been hard at work for two weeks straight trying the get the massive Tower to work without the gene so they could operate it remotely, but it was too late. The Eliksni were here.

“Just wait alright I think I’ve almost got something!” Cried McDoogle, his hands shaking as he tried to key in commands on the console.

“Nope we leave. Now. Major help McDoogle pack up and...Major?”

The massive man walked right past McDoogle and placed his hand upon the Towers command console, it hummed to life.

“Major...don’t. Please don’t make me make that an order.” Said McCallister.

Dafydd simply closed his eyes and the Tower shook as it discharged the first massive bolt of energy up into the heavens.

“Ok now come one you git” Hissed the Colonel as he went to pry Dafydd off the console.

BZZZT

McCallister fell to the ground paralyzed as Dafydd lowered his taser.

“Yu...you stupth bastarth.” He mumbled as McDoogle and Major Althea lifted him up.

“Wel, rydich yuo llawer. Muldich garren.” he said turning back to the console.

McDoogle and Althea turned towards each other, “I uh...neither of us speak Shaelic but...thank you Dafydd. It’s been an honor.” saluted Althea as they started towards the door.

The Highlander simply smirked and fired another bolt into the sky.
Meanwhile high in the atmosphere, Selviks Kell of the 3rd Eliksni Battle Group stood in shock, as he watched two motherships burst into a massive inferno, his shock quickly turning to rage. “Pull all ships away from the planet!” He roared, pounding all four of his massive arms on his chair. “Triangulate the position of the attack and burn it to ash!”

“Kell Selviks, another burst is inc-” A Vandel yelled before another ship, the Devil’s Dawn was pierced by the Praeminori weapon and reduced to burning wreckage. The Kell bellowed in rage as the remaining 47 mother ships began firing down upon the station, massive blobs of blue energy rained down towards the surface. Down at the Tower, the rest of TEI-1 and 4 sprinted towards the Reltangaet as the first shots began landing, and promptly disappeared through the shimmering portal just as the air blast flattened the gaet. Moments after that the entire area was reduced to a massive crater of glass.

In Orbit above Sunalaya, The Devil’s Intent, January 1st, 2100

Selviks stood on the bridge of his mothership, out of the other Kells he commanded a fleet of three motherships. Totaling in about 15 million Eliksni each, with a collective force of 45 million. He intended on bringing it all down upon the filthy Shastaran dogs who had destroyed so much of what he had built. Since it was he who suffered the most during the numerous skirmishes over the years, losing his entire family when one of their nuclear devices was detonated at his off-world residence. But now it was he with the weapons of mass destruction pointed at their home.

Fevik, the Kell’s most trusted Captain walked up beside him. “And now at long last, not only have we found salvation for the Eliksni...but revenge for those we have lost at the hands of these animals.” He hissed. “How pitiful it is o think a nation so tiny could be such a nuisance to us.”

“And yet they find a way to my brother...my family.” Growled Selviks. “Once the beginning attack on...Haven begins, bring out fleet down over Shastara...we will burn their green pearl into a burning hellscape.”

Fevik nodded and left the command center to prepare himself for battle.

Reltangaet Command, Ainsbyrd Air Force Base, Val Centrallia

The mess hall was dead silent as the scene that had played out hundreds of times in McCallister’s head played out before him. Eliksni warships descending from the sky, all kinds of hell breaking loose seemingly all over Rukonia. Ten years and it had all lead up to this. Drysi snapped him out of his daze.

“Control room. Now.” She turned to face the rest of the stunned airmen in the room. “You all know what's happening, we’ve trained for this. I need to go do my job, so get on with it.” She pressed her earpiece and linked it with the base intercom, “All personnel this is General Drysi, I am initiating base lockdown protocol. All personnel are to report to their Skyshock Event stations and await further orders.”

Drysi, McCallister, and Illian rushed through the now bustling halls as people sprinted to their stations under the blaring alarms. They entered the control room just as Sergeant Markus put down a phone.

“Sergeant?”

“General the Ministry of Defence is reporting that twenty or so objects are entering the atmosphere across the globe. One is on a direct course for Porth Clementia.” he said bringing up a holographic map of Shastara. And sure enough, an Eliksni mothership was descending from high orbit. “The military is frantically mobilizing but...” he didn’t need to finish.

Drysi sighed, “So that's how it is then...alright. Markus cut the alarm.”

The Sergeant compiled and seconds after Drysi’s voice spoke all over the base. “May I have your attention, please? A Skyshock Event is the event where the Eliksni have launched a military incursion against Sunalaya. That day has come. This is not a drill, this is not a simulation. They have landed in Rukonia and are about to land in Porth Clementia...and they will undoubtedly make their way here as well. Like many of you, I have family in the city, on the outside. But we all know what we signed up for when we joined this command. I have been assured by Her Majesty Queen Alicia that we will fight to the bitter end. I wish I could tell you this is a fight we can win, but you all know I can’t do that.” She paused, “In the event that this facility becomes compromised, we will not, we cannot let the data here fall into their hands. But I will not allow those under my command to die a meaningless death. All non essential persons are to report to the embarkation room to head through the Reltangaet to the Alpha Site. In the event that this base is overrun, the defenders and the last of the essential persons are to set the self destruct, and evacuate as well. Up till now, you all have accomplished many wonderful, amazing things, and I wholeheartedly believe that even in the face of insurmountable odds, as long as we stay together, we have a chance to continue to do so. Thank you all for the best command I’ve ever had. Gods be with ye merry lads n lassies.” She sighed as she took her hand off her earpiece.

“I want all OWO’s packed and ready for transfer immediately...including our dear friend Tavriks.”

McCallister nodded, “Althea is already on it, I’ll go prep Tavriks for transport.”

“G..general? You might want to see this.” Sputtered Sergeant Markus as he pulled up a holomap of the country.

Three of the motherships were now descending towards Shastara. One continuing to Porth Clementina, the second one heading to Astorburgh, and the last one was bearing down on Reisstaun.

“FIght on Alicia...” Muttered Drysi.

Mustang Royal Compound, Reisstaun, Mustang Administrative District

Alicia was in the center of the control room barking orders to the palace defensive guard and the rest of the military.

“Y..Your Highness, shouldn’t you consider evacuating the compound? At least retreat to an underground bunker!” Cried one of her advisors.

“Goddammit boy, Ah was born in this house and ah will goddamn die in this house if I have tah!” The 103-year old yelled.

Another advisor piped up, “Queen Alicia, the State Ministry just called. Reichsmarschall von Kluge is on the line.”

“Aye it’s aboot time someone called! Jesus, I drop Bellami once and the Wolffs never live it down. Shastara’s closest friend me arse! Put him through to mah earpiece.” she said as she exited the command center.

“Aye Reichsmarschall this is Alicia. Well, the very long story short is that mah piss soaked excuse of a nephew decided tah stick his nose where it very much didn’t belong and provoked a race of bug-men to invade oor fair corner of space. Little brat pussies out and goes insane thus leaving me tah clean up his mess. Right in the middle of mah New Year’s brandy can ye believe it Reichsmarschall?” She exclaimed angrily as she reached the compound balcony which overlooked the mountain town of Reisstaun.
Last edited by Shastara on Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:23 pm

January 4th 2100
Caleron, Rezua

Since the days since the first attack, the northern provinces of the Empire were being eradicated. Cities were being slaughtered, men, women, children, it did not matter. Empress Aria Everen-Abrams and nearly a third of the Everen family was dead. The aliens had known about Rezuan leaders, generals, bases. They attacked them all on the first day, crippling the political side of the Empire. The military proved to be harder for the aliens to stop, as they had fought back harder than expected. Still, top Rezuan generals were dead, portions of fleets and armies completely destroyed or inoperable. The Army abandoned the first ten miles of northern land of the empire, since the aliens had hit it hardest to destroy Eomeria, Saint Claresburg, and Berylar. Waves of refugees were fleeing, clogging roads and slowing down the Army. And while many knew that the civilians would just slow the Army down, no order was given to leave them or to avoid them. From the lowest officer to the highest ranking general, the majoritiy of leadership simply could not leave millions to die so that the Army could pull back to a fortified position. They had swore to defend the Rezuan people. They were honor bound to keep the refugees safe. Just as the aliens wanted.

Further to the south, many cities were either untouched or only dealing with scouting parties. For this reason, the Tenth Army Corps had picked Caleron as their new base. The corps' twenty thousand soldiers had begun to fortify the small city, blocking off streets with tanks, placing rail gun batteries on the city limits. Supply transports had become a way to move civilians out of the city and into safer areas. The Tenth wasn't going to allow the Eliksni to advance any further if they could help it. Orders from Emperor Martin were to hold the line, to save civilian life, and to keep the aliens occupied until Commonwealth Forces could arrive.

"Do you think that the Commonwealth is really going to help us?" asked Larry "I mean, their response to our calls has been hit or miss since the Commonwealth-Ventismarian conflict."

"It don't matter. We threw those invaders back, we'll throw these back." answered Orin.

Hanel looked at Orin and raised his eyebrow, "Really Orin? Those where VU goons. These are motherfracking aliens. With death lasers and everything."

"Don't matter lieutenant. We'll cast them back into space. Rezua shall always triumph." the young soldier answered.

Larry smiled dryly, "Kid, they've eliminated the First Corps, killed the empress, and have left at least two million people dead. On day fracking one."

"We'll win. I know it." Orin replied stubbornly.

What kind of propoganda are they feeding kids these days? Hanel wondered to himself. Hanel saw Larry open his mouth but then just grunt and shake his head. Larry was a career soldier, like Hanel. They'd been serving together for the past ten years. And no matter what nation had done what, nothing was like this. The Tenth Corps was supposed to be a reserve force, but with dozens of Corps either dead, defending other provinces, or unreachable in Molenston, the Tenth was on the front lines. It was full of new soldiers, the vets were outnumbered five to one. Hanel didn't like that one bit, a bunch of green rookies could be more deadly to the corps than the enemy. Hanel, Larry, Orin, and a handful of other rookies were making their rounds on the outskirts of Caleron, right by a small patch of woods. A report had come through, ordering a patrol to sweep for alien scouts.

The report seemed incorrect though, since Hanel and his group had been searching for the past hour and had found no scouts. Perhaps they'd already left. And if they had, then it would be wise to retreat back to the city, to get ready for an attack. A rookie called out to Hanel, "Sir! No signs of the enemy. There's-" A flash of energy removed the boy's head before he could finish. The rookies began to scatter, searching the enemy wildly. "Get down you idiots!" Hanel shouted, hitting the dirt before he finished his order. The others obeyed, just as more plasma flew by. Orin opened fire from prone, shooting towards the woods.

"What the hell are you shooting at?" Larry called.

"I saw them!", the private answered.

Hanel turned to face where Orin was shooting and looked down his scope. Following Orin's line of fire, Hanel confirmed that there actually where four alien scouts in that position. Hanel lined up a shot from the side, hitting one of the aliens in the head. They hadn't seen him and had put themselves in positions that had left them open to his fire. They did not stay in those positions for long though, quickly moving to get out of his line of fire.

"Look alive! Aliens to our east, Orin's line of fire points to them. Keep them suppressed!"

The privates obeyed, shooting towards the enemies' position blindly. Their rounds weren't meant to hit, just to keep them from moving. Hanel locked eyes with Larry and gestured to the right, telling them that he should move to encircle the aliens. Larry nodded and began to crawl his way to a new position. Hanel did the same, slowly making a scissor pinch with Larry. As they did this, the aliens returned fire, placing shots that were much more deliberate than the rookies. A scream from behind told Hanel that the aliens knew where his group was and began to crawl faster. Hanel and Larry got into position, took aim, and fired at the aliens from the sides. Two of the scouts went down. The last one jumped up and ran back towards the woods but was cut down but the suppressing fire.

January 4th 2100
Forward Base Illitid, Molenston-Bohin Border

"...and there has been no contact from the capital. Our communications aren't going much further than Kurzera, though they haven't heard much from the capital either."

General Edith Veeda listened as one of her officers read off a list of new information. Nothing surprised her more than the fact that the Bohi had disengaged from the fighting, had agreed to a ceasefire. These people were usually never willing to stop fighting. That was what troubled her most. Lack of communications in the Bohin was nothing new when it came to warfare, though to be so limited when such measures had been taken to avoid that troubled her. No sighting of any aliens had reached Edith's hears, nor had any of her fighters reported any sightings of the enemy. Yet their allies in Molenston reported heavy losses of military bases and cities.

Edith analyzed the information she'd just received. It must mean that these invaders studied us before coming, they knew where to hit. Since Illitid was only made recently, its likely that they simply missed its creation. Places that are permanent, with large populations were targeted. The general paced as she thought. If the aliens wanted to cripple nations, taking out cities and armies was the best way to do it. Without a doubt, nations were pulling their armies together into large fortified locations. It was risky, try to protect vital locations and civilians but at the cost of attracting the enemy.

The general turned towards her officers to give out her orders. "Have our forces here begin to spread out. The invaders are targeting cities and fortified positions. We have three hundred thousand Rezuans fighting down here, drawing out forces together just brings us all into their fishing net. Our best option is to keep from being noticed, to move around and help where we can. Advise Maleasti and Commonwealth forces that they should not clump up. That will only draw the enemy towards them. If we want to keep our people safe, we'll have to do it using small evac teams. Possibly, have our militarizes leave the cities, draw the aliens away from them. Request a meeting with them here, if possible. And try to reestablish communications with Eomeria."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:27 pm

January 2, 2100
The Battle of Rustenberg

“Move out!” Came the command from on high, seeing 81,462 soldiers from six different countries finish loading their weapons, stock up on extra munitions and pray to whatever god they believed in. The vehicles ignited their engines, sending plumes of smoke into the air. A symphony of roars amid the men and women, growing louder with every passing second. The planes were in the skies, flying in formations of three and four, scouring for targets. Nearly a thousand people from around the world were sitting behind desks, checking in on satellites and radio frequencies for any signs of movement.

Regiments and divisions formed up. Lines of men, interspersed with Rezuan tanks, Ispanzan and shastaran armoured trucks and Rhodeve mini-tanks. The largest single army that the world had seen fight in a single battle for many years was taking the stage. There was no room for nervousness. This was about ending the war in one fell swoop. At the sound of an airhorn, the troops began to move. The march across the border between The Bohin and Molenston was quick. The barricade; watchtowers, mines, barbed wire, electric mesh and communication-jammers were strewn across the savannah floor. Dirt from hundreds of bombs from both sides littered everything; turning an area once green and growing, dead and deserted.

“1 click before contact!” Screamed a Rhodeve major, pulling ahead of the troops on top of a tank. Dozens of tanks pulled forward, surrounding the troops, but leaving them open enough to have a clear vision of their surroundings and to escape if needed. Even with air superiority, nothing could be taken by chance.

Soldiers bumped into each other, trying to relieve the tension. Commander Jacob sat in his mini-tank, cover down and surrounded by technology. The fourteen cameras, seven infrared sensors, two ultraviolet sensors and satellite connection gave him a larger field of vision than most other tanks. If he hadn’t been trained, it would be hard to take in so much information at once and know what was important or not at a glance. His training was the near constant fighting of multiple years in Ziamban. He hadn’t been back home to the Ile du Fleurs in who knows how long. He had a sister and parents waiting for him. His commlink began purring. He nudged the comm button with his index finger. “Lex, what do you have for me.”

“All clear on this end sir. Nothing big on the radar. Satellite is picking up four tanks moving South by Southeast. Possibly with a contingent. Can’t pinpoint the bulk of their forces yet.” Lex answered clearly.
“Aye. Keep me posted. Rog?”
“Picking up a heat signature 1 mile up, 3 miles West. Definitely a short range missile. I’m getting AMs on it as we speak.”
“Take it out before it gets too close. Don’t know if they loaded it with bioweapons again.”
“Don’t know why they wouldn’t. It got us redbacks involved, no reason to hold back anymore. That President sure has some knuckles on him, don’t he?”
“Cut the radio chatter, boys. I’m picking up something.” Lex commented, breaking through to Commander John and Sergeant Roger.
“How far from the main body are you?” John repeated the statement a second time. The commlink was quiet, leaving just the constant purr of the radio.
“4 clicks from Rustenberg.”
“Fall back. We are still 18 clicks out. Don’t rustle them too soon.” Static filled the communication link.
“I repeat. Fall back, we are still 18 clicks out.” Static.

“Commander. I may need reinforcements…” Alexandera spoke slowly. “Bring up the entire division.”
“Copy.” The commander answered. He trusted his lieutenant. Trusted her with his life. If she thought it was worth breaking formation and hurrying down there, it was worth it. A quick chat with the General in charge of the operation and the 125 mini-tanks of the Rhodeve 4th Mechanized Division rushed forward, leaving dust in their path.

Each mini-tank carried a single pilot. They were all the same beige colour with identifying numbers edged into the sides. They held a small but long barrel, capable of firing projectiles some 7km as well as two automatic machine gun turrets. Along with the two turrets, programmed with advanced Artificial Intelligence, the pilot could commander a third reverse gun to shoot things below and behind the tank. The central pivot-chair at the exact center of the mini-tank held the pilot. The controls were simple to use, but the screens which covered the majority of the area were harder and took practice to understand in depth. They were strong and fast machines. Capable of being built at extremely fast rates of one per week when the situation required it. The engineers back home said that they could speed up the process to five days if needed.

“Main, 4 Mech is breaking formation. Potential attack inbound.”
“Noted commander.”

The full division was near to the city now. It was not the greatest place to be, due to the hilly terrain, perfect for ambush even with all the satellite surveillance of the area. While they had their own satellites which could be operated and repositioned if needed, their real source of information came from Rhodevus. The Imperial City of Rhode held Rhodevus’s military satellite headquarters and the hundreds of men and women there all working to help ensure that no enemy soldier could get near them without them knowing of it firsthand. Thankfully, SatCorp was silent. There was nothing to worry about.

“Slow down.” John signaled. “Lex, anything on your end?”
“Readjusting satellite now. Four bogies at my 8, but no word from SatCorp so I’m unsure. Something big to my 3 but no visual confirmation.”
“Copy Lex. Sending minis your way.” Commander John switched from single communication with Alexandra to division communication, ordering a strike team of 15 to Alexandra’s position to be under her orders. The rest would do a sweep, checking for anything before the main force arrived.

“Keep clear of SatCorp. Let them ring the bells if anything is wrong.” John felt something unsettling in his stomach. SatCorp was unusually quiet today. There had been little to no word from anyone back in Rhodevus. Little word from anyone back home from any of the countries in this thing. He had assumed that they were on lockdown in preparation for this mission, but something did not feel like it usually did before an operation. Or during one.

Just then, he heard movement, his screen to his left pinging to life. The AI sensors hovered around images, clearly indicating something was moving. The screen circled it in red. A hostile. Then, more pings came to life on all his monitors. There were dozens. Maybe hundreds. They were completely surrounded.

“Weapons free!” The commander shouted, division communication still open. He flicked a switch on his panel, releasing the AI controlled weapon to fire at will. But, still nothing. He looked around, moving periodically to keep from becoming a stationary target. He contacted Lex and Roger. Both had the same readings but saw nothing.

Then all at once, soldiers sprung up from the savannah. Tanks moved in. Huge guns were all around them. They opened fire and a mini-tank exploded. At once, the 4th mechanized division engaged the enemy, the Battle of Rustenberg finally starting in earnest.
The 125 tanks dwindled to 120. Then 110. There were too many of them. Commander Roger opened communication with the main force, telling them of their situation, but all that was returned was static. There was no communication with the force. He tried to speak with his division. And again nothing.

Then everything stopped. The force had arrived. Moving in as if nothing was wrong. As if no fighting had broken out. But nobody had their eyes on the enemy. On the Bohi and their allies which surrounded the 4th Mechanized division and even the main force. The Bohi were leaving their positions of cover, but the firing had stopped. All heads were pointed in the same direction.

Up.

Ships. Larger than any flying ship in the Rhodeve Commonwealth. There were at least six of them, all opening their hangar doors and letting out hundreds of smaller landing craft and fighters. Nobody knew what to do. Until the ships opened fire.

John’s mini-tank sounded an alarm and the AI took control of the tank, opening the back hatch and rocketing John’s chair from the tank, just as some sort of missile hit it. His tank exploded in a massive fireball. The allied forces opened fire at once. John was dazed, his ears ringing from the close explosive and being shot from his vehicle.

He felt arms grab him, unbuckling him from his seat and dragging him backwards. He looked over, recognizing the patch on his arm. It was the patch of the Bohin’s Elite Strike Force. John panicked, flailing his arms wildly, trying to escape from his enemy. He punched behind him, hoping to connect with flesh, but missing. They were yelling at him. Yelling in Bohi; a language he did not understand.

He felt a hand over his mouth. His ears were still ringing, but the sounds of destruction continued around him as his side were fighting this new enemy. He tried to bite at the hand, to no avail. “We stop! We stop! New bad fight.” The voice came with severely broken English. But, John stopped struggling. They were not killing him. He looked backwards. The Bohi were dragging him to cover. Their own forces were intermingled with the Commonwealth’s. All firing at the sky. And at the ground. Where hundreds or thousands of… things were attacking them in turn. Another explosion and John lost consciousness.

And the Real Battle of Rustenberg began.
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:27 pm

January 1, 2100
Late afternoon

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE

This is an Emergency Alert. Repeat. This is an Emergency Alert. Going out to all of Rhodevus and the territories. Please evacuate to designated safe zones. Repeat. This is not a drill. Please evacuate to designated safe zones.
If you live in the Imperial City of Rhode, make your way to military designated battle line and onto the Mainland. This is not a drill.
If you are in the military, please report to your military base immediately, unless new base designation has been assigned. This is not a drill.
If you are designated as an active duty military reservist, please report to your military base immediately, unless new base designation has been assigned. This is not drill.
If you are designated as a secondary military reservist, please report to your military base immediately, unless new base designation has been assigned. This is not a drill.
If you are designated as a tertiary military reservist, please report to your military base immediately, unless new base designation has been assigned. This is not a drill.

This is an Emergency Alert. Repeat. This is an Emergency Alert. Going out to all of Rhodevus and the territories. Please evacuate to designated safe zones. Repeat...

Every channel. Every radio station. The same message. For those that had escaped from the Imperial City of Rhode, it was understood why the entire reserve population of Rhodevus was being called into service for the first time in history. To those that lived in cities nearby the Imperial City of Rhode, they understood why. The province was on fire. A place which held one third of the entire population of the country was now smoke and ash and flame.

The Commonwealth headquarters in Port Joy, Rhodevus was placed on high alert. They could not reach to their forces in The Bohin and Molenston. It seemed like the entire area was separated from incoming signals. Like the aliens had deliberately separated the rest of the world from that continent and the war already raging on inside it. But, to everywhere else, the same message was broadcast. The entire Commonwealth was under attack. The entire world was under attack. For any allies of the Commonwealth, they ask for help in fighting this alien menace. To any enemies of the Commonwealth, they ask to put aside their differences and to do the same.

This was bigger than one nation. Nobody knew what was going to happen from thereon out. Only that attacks around the world were becoming known as a distraction. A passing attack while they made headway in their true target. Where that was, they still did not yet realize…
She/Her

Factbook

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents