NATION

PASSWORD

Operation: Irish Thunder (MT; OOC; INTEREST)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The New Saltee Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Operation: Irish Thunder (MT; OOC; INTEREST)

Postby The New Saltee Islands » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Here is Operation: Irish Thunder

So for about 2 weeks I have been writing an RP. I wish I did this sooner but I guess now or never. I want to see if anyone would actually respond.

Background:
Duke Jacob O'Donnell wants to return the Islands back to an Irish state.

Over seven hundred years ago the first settlers arrived here on the islands after fleeing racial persecution at home. They landed here to start a new life where it could be an Irish state. And it was an Irish state for two hundred years. The people were happy, food was abundant, the vast ocean and what lay beyond it forgotten. But that changed in 1438 when German invaders from the Old Lands landed on our shores. We fought with every breath but could not hold the Islands. After two months of war, Crown of the Saltees fell to the Germans and the Islands were no longer an Irish state. Life became hard for the Irish, who were executed, hunted, and humiliated. The German dynasty made sure to eradicate all sign of former Irish Royalty, except for Clan O'Donnell. Life like this continued for nearly three hundred years when in 1738, French invaders invaded. The Germans fought like the Irish had in 1438, but they too could not hold the islands and once more the crown changed hands to foreingers. Now life became better and life standards increased. But still the Irish were not treated as equals. No Irishmen were allowed to hold government positions, nor were there any Irish nobility. Life remained that way until 1809 when memebrs of Clan O'Donnell were awarded titles of nobility and estates. And ever since then, it has been the O'Donnell clan's dream to bring back the Golden Age when the Saltees were an Irish state and the Irish ruled with a fair hand.

Sample:

The day had been quiet for the most part. A few calls about a cat stuck in a tree, some junkie hotspot complaining that they have no beer, and a bus blocking traffic. Nothing major. Life was slow lately, crime down, skating up, emergency services becoming lethargic. Nothing could have made this day more streneuous for the emergency services of Port Williamsburg.
The three detonations occured in sequence. The Royal Palace bomb was detonated first causing major panic within the grounds. Then the Ministry of Defense bomb went off causing communications to be down and then finally the last bomb went off. The last one engulfed the entire interior corridors and dome in searing flames. It burst several of the historic windows and destroying the last few original panes of glass.
After seeing the flames and emergency vehicles, the suicide bombers went into action.
The frist one walked into the middle of Terminal International at the King Charles IV International Aeroport. The blast there blew up the entire main part. Then the second bomber took out the main boarding platform at the Celtic Train Station. The third sent metal and burning automobile frames flying near the Royal Palace Bus Stop, the busiest in the Principality. The final one took out the Rue de Royal Marketplace in killing 50 shoppers and stalll owners as well as injuring 500 more.
These terrorist attacks had been the worst in years.

So would anyone actually participate or is this for naught?
Last edited by The New Saltee Islands on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Principality of the New Saltee Isles
Form of Government: Parliamentary Monarch
Head of State: Prince Colin Trudeau
Head of Government: Prince Colin Trudeau
Population: 8.5 million
Area: 34,657 sq. mi.
Founding Day: December 12th
Capital City: Centennial Springs
National Anthem: Saltee Freedom
National Personification: The Lady of the Isles, she smiles as she knows the hidden beauty of the Isles and the secrets of the Saltees.

Total Manpower: 425,000
Active: 170,000
Reserves: 255,000
Army: 100,000
Navy and Royal Marines: 250,000
Air Force: 75,000

Zensufi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zensufi » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Sorry to pester, wondered if you wouldn't mind clarifying, would this be the onset of a terrorist epidemic, or a rebellion per se?

Also, with respect to your answer, is there anything in particular you're hoping for?

The New Saltee Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Saltee Islands » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Zensufi wrote:Sorry to pester, wondered if you wouldn't mind clarifying, would this be the onset of a terrorist epidemic, or a rebellion per se?

Also, with respect to your answer, is there anything in particular you're hoping for?

This would be a rebellion/civil war brought around by a series of terrorist attacks. I was hoping to keep the current family in power but with a new King and government form. I know, I know it would be much simpler to have a government coup thread, but where's the fun in that?
National Personification: The Lady of the Isles, she smiles as she knows the hidden beauty of the Isles and the secrets of the Saltees.

Zensufi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zensufi » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:18 pm

The New Saltee Islands wrote:
Zensufi wrote:Sorry to pester, wondered if you wouldn't mind clarifying, would this be the onset of a terrorist epidemic, or a rebellion per se?

This would be a rebellion/civil war brought around by a series of terrorist attacks. I was hoping to keep the current family in power but with a new King and government form. I know, I know it would be much simpler to have a government coup thread, but where's the fun in that?

Fair 'nuff, and good call.

I'd be happy to take an ancillary role, aiding one side or the other, or even ensuring some particular end. Cautiousness and uncertainty about my own confidence as a roleplayer aside, I doubt I'll have the time to be the primary protagonist, or intervener in this instance. But more than willing to be involved in some fashion, if only 'cause having partaken in Irish Thunder would look sweet in my siggy. :P

Hegstoria
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hegstoria » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:40 pm

If you have seen my ld flag, you will know I am of Irish decent(first generation American), so the Irish faction will have my support, whoever that is. I take it they are the rebels, correct?
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit."-Oscar Wilde

Defcon 5: Pax Hegstoriana
Defcon 4: Ehh, things are pretty good, but a bit heated
Defcon 3: War seems near, but not at the moment, and far from the mind
Defcon 2: Get a helmet
Defcon 1: Put on said helmet

Colonies: South-West Hegstodia, The Hegstoria Rhodesian Confederacy(3 independent colonies), Fuair

Major Leaders: President Jonathan F. Shepherd, Vice President Francis P. Sinclair, Minister of the Interior Samuel D. Lisbon, Minister of the Armed Forces General Stanley C. McAlister

Map: -currently under a redesign-

Size: 7,825,600 km^2

Life Expectancy: 84.59 years Courtesy of Unibot

Alliances: Skyguard Defense Network

embassy program

The New Saltee Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Saltee Islands » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:20 pm

Hegstoria wrote:If you have seen my ld flag, you will know I am of Irish decent(first generation American), so the Irish faction will have my support, whoever that is. I take it they are the rebels, correct?

Correct.
Zensufi wrote:
The New Saltee Islands wrote:

Fair 'nuff, and good call.

I'd be happy to take an ancillary role, aiding one side or the other, or even ensuring some particular end. Cautiousness and uncertainty about my own confidence as a roleplayer aside, I doubt I'll have the time to be the primary protagonist, or intervener in this instance. But more than willing to be involved in some fashion, if only 'cause having partaken in Irish Thunder would look sweet in my siggy. :P

Ok

The New Saltee Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Saltee Islands » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:43 pm

bump

The New Saltee Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Saltee Islands » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:16 am

Bump

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Ill help the irish rebles soanything you guys need just ask me im on almost every day.
Dammed Marxists running about buggering sheep, and other such mischief. We really must do something about that.
-Emperor Ulric VII, Father of The Lusitanian People

The New Saltee Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Saltee Islands » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Bump

East Lithuania
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 20, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby East Lithuania » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:36 pm

This looks interesting and has my attention. My leader is one to help victims of persecution rebel, so I'd probably take that side. Interesting stuff, my good sir.

EDIT: What would be also awesome is if one of the helping governments supplied the terrorist attacks and that could lead to a huge crisis internationally. Hmmmmmmm.
Last edited by East Lithuania on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hegstoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hegstoria » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:37 pm

I think we could start, and then as it progress's people could join in.

Colonies: South-West Hegstodia, The Hegstoria Rhodesian Confederacy(3 independent colonies), Fuair

Major Leaders: President Jonathan F. Shepherd, Vice President Francis P. Sinclair, Minister of the Interior Samuel D. Lisbon, Minister of the Armed Forces General Stanley C. McAlister

embassy program

Azazia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Azazia » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:47 pm

the United Kingdom of Oceania could be persuaded to provide assistance to either side depending upon the incentives each side is willing to offer.

Malkyer
Attaché

Founded: Sep 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Malkyer » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:50 pm

I would be interested in participating, though perhaps on a diplomatic and/or behind the scenes level, rather than committing troops to overthrow Government X in favor of Regime Y. If there is a place for under-the-table dealings and some political-military maneuvering, let me know.

Also, am I correct in assuming that the New Saltee Islands are ethnically majority-Irish, or have the the various groups mixed into a distinctive community?
Founded 8 September 2004. Deleted mid-2007. Resurrected 15 February 2010.

Deleted again at some point, re-resurrected December 2012. Re-re-resurrected March 2016. Very much a zombie by this point.

I roleplay as the Whitefall Confederation, of which the Kingdom of Malkyer is a member. The Confederation as a whole has a population of roughly 1.2 billion, regardless of the what the NS page says.

I reserve the right to ignore any and all IC posts that I find excessively unrealistic and/or stupid.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:54 pm

I am willing to particapte, tho I will side with the Irish. I can supply them(guns and ammo) all for free. Let me know if im in
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Hegstoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hegstoria » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:59 pm

Guys we have way too many people on the Irish side (Although we are the best ethnicity ever), we need more people on the other side.

embassy program

East Lithuania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby East Lithuania » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:02 pm

True. If it really gets rediculous, I'll switch sides and do the whole "STOP BEING SO BAD" act. Again, only if the dogpile grows.

East Lithuania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby East Lithuania » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:07 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:I am willing to particapte, tho I will side with the Irish. I can supply them(guns and ammo) all for free. Let me know if im in

o.O

As in lend-lease act or as in... giving a militant group weapons at no cost...?

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:14 pm

East Lithuania wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:I am willing to particapte, tho I will side with the Irish. I can supply them(guns and ammo) all for free. Let me know if im in

o.O

As in lend-lease act or as in... giving a militant group weapons at no cost...?

Giving them weapons for no cost. All of its free, thanks to a very large purchase made. I'll link some pics below:

M-20 CR

[img][IMG]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/371/m20cr.jpg[/img][/img]

and the M-14 EBR

[img][IMG]http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4848/m14ebrw.jpg[/img][/img]
Last edited by Itailian Maifias on Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Zensufi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zensufi » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:31 pm

Hegstoria wrote:Guys we have way too many people on the Irish side (Although we are the best ethnicity ever), we need more people on the other side.

Yeah, it's a testament to the glorious Irish spirit that despite the fact that the sample distinctly and conclusively articulates that their side instigates a rash of terrorist incidents, everybody wants to kill the French. :P

Also, I'm pretty sure soon Toops is 'gonna perform a raid on my reasonably isolationist and peaceful nation. It's even more randomized and wanton than what you'd traditionally think of as terrorism, so the reaction'll be even more irrational and hyper. Maybe I see the terrorism in The New Saltees Islands as an expression of this gratuitous brutality, I offer to lend a hand, at first in the form of a rather inept police contribution. As matters escalate, I start taking terrorists out, suddenly I'm fighting Irish Nationalists, I get a bloody nose, retreat, or whatever is decided. It rests more on the premise of my people thinking terrorism = bad as opposed to anything more nuanced, being largely ignorant in-fact of the actual reasons for the conflict, etc.

Also, right now I'm playing with a nation many times larger than my population size. This is to do with myself planning to remedy it in some fashion (ie: cull or diaspora) as opposed to power-playing or whatever. In any case, I'm only 'gonna use soldiers to the extent of 0.5% of my country's actual pop. anyways, so it shouldn't matter much. The only difference it makes is that I'm assuming the 9:1 logistics rule, ergo I have a bulk of logistics manpower (which few people 'play as existing anyways) which would be possibly unfeasible given my genuine size.

If this is a problem, I apologize for fruitlessly forcing you to read all that. And because it is a very self-indulgent ramble. xD.

East Lithuania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby East Lithuania » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Zensufi wrote:
Hegstoria wrote:Guys we have way too many people on the Irish side (Although we are the best ethnicity ever), we need more people on the other side.

Yeah, it's a testament to the glorious Irish spirit that despite the fact that the sample distinctly and conclusively articulates that their side instigates a rash of terrorist incidents, everybody wants to kill the French. :P

Also, I'm pretty sure soon Toops is 'gonna perform a raid on my reasonably isolationist and peaceful nation. It's even more randomized and wanton than what you'd traditionally think of as terrorism, so the reaction'll be even more irrational and hyper. Maybe I see the terrorism in The New Saltees Islands as an expression of this gratuitous brutality, I offer to lend a hand, at first in the form of a rather inept police contribution. As matters escalate, I start taking terrorists out, suddenly I'm fighting Irish Nationalists, I get a bloody nose, retreat, or whatever is decided. It rests more on the premise of my people thinking terrorism = bad as opposed to anything more nuanced, being largely ignorant in-fact of the actual reasons for the conflict, etc.

Also, right now I'm playing with a nation many times larger than my population size. This is to do with myself planning to remedy it in some fashion (ie: cull or diaspora) as opposed to power-playing or whatever. In any case, I'm only 'gonna use soldiers to the extent of 0.5% of my country's actual pop. anyways, so it shouldn't matter much. The only difference it makes is that I'm assuming the 9:1 logistics rule, ergo I have a bulk of logistics manpower (which few people 'play as existing anyways) which would be possibly unfeasible given my genuine size.

If this is a problem, I apologize for fruitlessly forcing you to read all that. And because it is a very self-indulgent ramble. xD.

This'll be fun. xD

The New Saltee Islands
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Saltee Islands » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:06 am

Malkyer wrote:I would be interested in participating, though perhaps on a diplomatic and/or behind the scenes level, rather than committing troops to overthrow Government X in favor of Regime Y. If there is a place for under-the-table dealings and some political-military maneuvering, let me know.

Also, am I correct in assuming that the New Saltee Islands are ethnically majority-Irish, or have the the various groups mixed into a distinctive community?

The Saltees were an ethnic majority Irish state until the Invasions. Now there are equal balance between Irish, German, and French.

Malkyer
Attaché

Founded: Sep 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Malkyer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:52 am

The New Saltee Islands wrote:The Saltees were an ethnic majority Irish state until the Invasions. Now there are equal balance between Irish, German, and French.

Ah, I see. Well, if you have too many people on the Irish said, I'm sure my government could find an IC reason to support the state rather than the nationalists, whether it be with advisors, supplies, or what have you.
Founded 8 September 2004. Deleted mid-2007. Resurrected 15 February 2010.

Deleted again at some point, re-resurrected December 2012. Re-re-resurrected March 2016. Very much a zombie by this point.

I roleplay as the Whitefall Confederation, of which the Kingdom of Malkyer is a member. The Confederation as a whole has a population of roughly 1.2 billion, regardless of the what the NS page says.

I reserve the right to ignore any and all IC posts that I find excessively unrealistic and/or stupid.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:20 am

So, two things:

A) Is it ok if I am the weapon supplier for the Irish, it is free completly.
B) How much longer till this gets started
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

The ivain isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The ivain isles » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:30 am

The Irish Have the Support of the Ivain Isles as i am Irish. and i live in wexford!!!
Last edited by The ivain isles on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I probably hate everything you stand for. (and on)

My political viewpoint: Social democratic liberal

Why I want to destroy the very fabric of society

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents