NATION

PASSWORD

The Red Tiger Rises (OOC/OPEN-TG/MT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
User avatar
Brittanic Albion
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Nov 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

The Red Tiger Rises (OOC/OPEN-TG/MT)

Postby Brittanic Albion » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:56 pm

Out-of-Character thread for 'The Red Tiger Rises'. Please ping me a telegram for entry. I imagine this will escalate to war, but try not to rush in all gung ho, please have some build up. Ta very much and enjoy.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=454743
“Remember that you are an Englishman and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.”
-Cecil Rhodes
British|Roman Catholic|High Tory

The British Empire in all its modern glory, from the Canadian Tundra to the Indian jungles, from the Caribbean lagoons to the Rhodesian Bush. A conservative though interventionist power with a medium sized but elite military. Striving to rid its spheres of influence of communism, radical islam and globalist ventures.

User avatar
Bulgar Rouge
Minister
 
Posts: 2383
Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:05 am

Looks promising. Summary of events/world?

This nation does not reflect my RL views.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

User avatar
Shackley
Envoy
 
Posts: 248
Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shackley » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:12 am

Tag. Looking forward to getting involved.

Nothing beats a spot of commie-bashing alongside fellow Imperials
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Overview | Persons of Interest | Buy from Kibbs Royal Armaments Co. ! | Buy from The Drawbridge Group!
ORBAT: | Royal Shackleyan Air Force | Royal Shackleyan Navy ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

User avatar
Brittanic Albion
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Nov 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittanic Albion » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:36 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:Looks promising. Summary of events/world?

The world is rather nebulous, but essentially Brittanic Albion is the British empire with a few tweaks here and there and exists within the geographic earth but also within the NS world too.

Essentially China is trying to dislodge Albion from south east asia and Hong Kong by funding proxies in Malaysia who are being actively hunted. Albion has no alliances with other countries so whilst it is interventionist and anti-leftist it is not officially aligned with any powerbloc. Albion is sort of democratic but its House of Lords has much more power than the modern one and is almost exclusively hereditary save for Bishops and some very distinguished people who have been awarded a title. Its electorate is limited to male landowners over the age of 20 and each of the Dominions has its own parliament but have their defence and foreign policy centralised in London.


Albion is primarily focused on naval strength and boasts 9 carrier strike fleets along with a further 12 helicopter/amphibious carriers but also has a medium sized highly trained volunteer army. Albion does not use conscription but relies on certain groups in society being highly militarised either through culture or by long term exposure. Colonial subjects are kept in line largely through a shared identity but also the fear of communism, China and a 'if its not us its someone less benevolent' mentality.
Shackley wrote:Tag. Looking forward to getting involved.

Nothing beats a spot of commie-bashing alongside fellow Imperials

Cracking stuff
“Remember that you are an Englishman and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.”
-Cecil Rhodes
British|Roman Catholic|High Tory

The British Empire in all its modern glory, from the Canadian Tundra to the Indian jungles, from the Caribbean lagoons to the Rhodesian Bush. A conservative though interventionist power with a medium sized but elite military. Striving to rid its spheres of influence of communism, radical islam and globalist ventures.

User avatar
Bulgar Rouge
Minister
 
Posts: 2383
Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:23 am

Sounds fitting. The Bulgar Rouge are an extreme left group exploiting social disorder and conflict throughout the world to implement their radical agrarian ideology. Its a form of total collectivism where the individual is obliterated in favour of a decentralised, organic, aggressive communal society. I have a satellite nation, the Transitional Heavenly State, which operates in Southeast Asia in quasi-state form (kind of like ISIL). It could be a communist force in this conflict, even if it's hostile to China.

This nation does not reflect my RL views.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

User avatar
Brittanic Albion
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Nov 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittanic Albion » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:38 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:Sounds fitting. The Bulgar Rouge are an extreme left group exploiting social disorder and conflict throughout the world to implement their radical agrarian ideology. Its a form of total collectivism where the individual is obliterated in favour of a decentralised, organic, aggressive communal society. I have a satellite nation, the Transitional Heavenly State, which operates in Southeast Asia in quasi-state form (kind of like ISIL). It could be a communist force in this conflict, even if it's hostile to China.

Cracking stuff. How heavily armed is it?
“Remember that you are an Englishman and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.”
-Cecil Rhodes
British|Roman Catholic|High Tory

The British Empire in all its modern glory, from the Canadian Tundra to the Indian jungles, from the Caribbean lagoons to the Rhodesian Bush. A conservative though interventionist power with a medium sized but elite military. Striving to rid its spheres of influence of communism, radical islam and globalist ventures.

User avatar
Bulgar Rouge
Minister
 
Posts: 2383
Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:44 am

Brittanic Albion wrote:
Bulgar Rouge wrote:Sounds fitting. The Bulgar Rouge are an extreme left group exploiting social disorder and conflict throughout the world to implement their radical agrarian ideology. Its a form of total collectivism where the individual is obliterated in favour of a decentralised, organic, aggressive communal society. I have a satellite nation, the Transitional Heavenly State, which operates in Southeast Asia in quasi-state form (kind of like ISIL). It could be a communist force in this conflict, even if it's hostile to China.

Cracking stuff. How heavily armed is it?


The THS has practically taken control of Laos, so it can deploy its entire military if needed, along with individual units of the Vietnamese and Burmese militaries. In addition to that, it has about 200,000 militants with small arms and AT/AA weapons supplied by the Bulgar Rouge.

This nation does not reflect my RL views.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

User avatar
Brittanic Albion
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Nov 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittanic Albion » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:52 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:
Brittanic Albion wrote:Cracking stuff. How heavily armed is it?


The THS has practically taken control of Laos, so it can deploy its entire military if needed, along with individual units of the Vietnamese and Burmese militaries. In addition to that, it has about 200,000 militants with small arms and AT/AA weapons supplied by the Bulgar Rouge.

Crumbs, ha ha. How would it deploy its military?
“Remember that you are an Englishman and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.”
-Cecil Rhodes
British|Roman Catholic|High Tory

The British Empire in all its modern glory, from the Canadian Tundra to the Indian jungles, from the Caribbean lagoons to the Rhodesian Bush. A conservative though interventionist power with a medium sized but elite military. Striving to rid its spheres of influence of communism, radical islam and globalist ventures.

User avatar
Bulgar Rouge
Minister
 
Posts: 2383
Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bulgar Rouge » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:48 am

Brittanic Albion wrote:
Bulgar Rouge wrote:
The THS has practically taken control of Laos, so it can deploy its entire military if needed, along with individual units of the Vietnamese and Burmese militaries. In addition to that, it has about 200,000 militants with small arms and AT/AA weapons supplied by the Bulgar Rouge.

Crumbs, ha ha. How would it deploy its military?


Using civilian means of transport, mostly. The BR may assist with some fast smuggling ships.

This nation does not reflect my RL views.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:I'm only saying that, well, even commies have reached the level of selling counterfeit and drugs in their storefronts, we can't be any less.

The Holy Therns wrote:Politicians make statements. It's their substitute for achievement.

User avatar
Brittanic Albion
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Nov 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittanic Albion » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:30 am

Bulgar Rouge wrote:
Brittanic Albion wrote:Crumbs, ha ha. How would it deploy its military?


Using civilian means of transport, mostly. The BR may assist with some fast smuggling ships.

Coolio. Well I look forward to your involvement
“Remember that you are an Englishman and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.”
-Cecil Rhodes
British|Roman Catholic|High Tory

The British Empire in all its modern glory, from the Canadian Tundra to the Indian jungles, from the Caribbean lagoons to the Rhodesian Bush. A conservative though interventionist power with a medium sized but elite military. Striving to rid its spheres of influence of communism, radical islam and globalist ventures.

User avatar
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24046
Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:34 am

I heard there was Communism and I came as fast as I could.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

User avatar
Brittanic Albion
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Nov 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittanic Albion » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:35 am

Allanea wrote:I heard there was Communism and I came as fast as I could.

Cracking stuff, what would your involvement look like?
“Remember that you are an Englishman and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.”
-Cecil Rhodes
British|Roman Catholic|High Tory

The British Empire in all its modern glory, from the Canadian Tundra to the Indian jungles, from the Caribbean lagoons to the Rhodesian Bush. A conservative though interventionist power with a medium sized but elite military. Striving to rid its spheres of influence of communism, radical islam and globalist ventures.

User avatar
Astoria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 197
Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoria » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:16 am

I expressed interest via TG, I probably won't be able to put an IC post up until later this week but I was thinking initially I could be providing satellite intelligence and other support to Albion, and possibly expand that depending on how the RP develops
The United States of Astoria

User avatar
Shackley
Envoy
 
Posts: 248
Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shackley » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:56 am

Allanea wrote:I heard there was Communism and I came as fast as I could.


Image



All that aside it'll be nice to see how this plays out. I think it'll be good to keep Shackley off the frontlines this time, some less-than-symmetrical warfare would do us some good.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Overview | Persons of Interest | Buy from Kibbs Royal Armaments Co. ! | Buy from The Drawbridge Group!
ORBAT: | Royal Shackleyan Air Force | Royal Shackleyan Navy ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

User avatar
Grater Tovakia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 534
Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Grater Tovakia » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:59 am

Hmmm looks interesting...

oh hi, Shackley... and Allanea.
“A tank and its crew has but one reason to exist. To maneuver the tank’s cannon to a position where it could do the most damage and feed it once it was there.”
― Harold Coyle

User avatar
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24046
Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:14 pm

My support is going to depend largely on what's going to be happening in the RP, that's to say...

1. Allanea isn't exactly known for being big fans of Maoism or other totalitarian forms of Communist ideology [and they ain't too fond of the 'non-totalitarian' forms either].
2. But on the other hand it doesn't want to get involved with significant costs to itself if it turns out Albion et al. are not competent, or are corrupt, or whatnot. So its involvement will be limited in scope at first, and likely at first be in diplomatic forms (trying to work out trade agreements with Britannic Albion, maybe some subtle economic assistance to Shackley).
3. If, as it appears to be likely at the moment, there's going to be lots of fighting against some foe that appears to be compatible with Allanea's policy of stabbing totalitarians whenever they are vulnerable, Allaneans will take up an assisting role, perhaps in the form of air strikes to support Brittanic Union - think America's air strikes against North Vietnam and Laos). Failing that, I could also interrogate some captives or engage in some manner of reconnaissance and espionage - as Shackley here knows, I have a whole bunch of tricks up my sleeve.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

User avatar
Shackley
Envoy
 
Posts: 248
Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shackley » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:41 pm

Seeing as my navy is pretty much buggered I think airstrikes and minor troop movements are going to be the bread and butter of this bolshie-bashing sandwich.
I can certainly attest to the depth and capacity of Allanea's sleeves
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Overview | Persons of Interest | Buy from Kibbs Royal Armaments Co. ! | Buy from The Drawbridge Group!
ORBAT: | Royal Shackleyan Air Force | Royal Shackleyan Navy ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

User avatar
Grater Tovakia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 534
Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Grater Tovakia » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:51 pm

When approved I will most likely begin with ISR support and maybe a ship or two for logistics. If it escalates some advisors may be sent. The only way I see my military getting full involved would be if China took direct action.
“A tank and its crew has but one reason to exist. To maneuver the tank’s cannon to a position where it could do the most damage and feed it once it was there.”
― Harold Coyle

User avatar
Brittanic Albion
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Nov 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittanic Albion » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Astoria wrote:I expressed interest via TG, I probably won't be able to put an IC post up until later this week but I was thinking initially I could be providing satellite intelligence and other support to Albion, and possibly expand that depending on how the RP develops

Cracking stuff
Allanea wrote:My support is going to depend largely on what's going to be happening in the RP, that's to say...

1. Allanea isn't exactly known for being big fans of Maoism or other totalitarian forms of Communist ideology [and they ain't too fond of the 'non-totalitarian' forms either].
2. But on the other hand it doesn't want to get involved with significant costs to itself if it turns out Albion et al. are not competent, or are corrupt, or whatnot. So its involvement will be limited in scope at first, and likely at first be in diplomatic forms (trying to work out trade agreements with Britannic Albion, maybe some subtle economic assistance to Shackley).
3. If, as it appears to be likely at the moment, there's going to be lots of fighting against some foe that appears to be compatible with Allanea's policy of stabbing totalitarians whenever they are vulnerable, Allaneans will take up an assisting role, perhaps in the form of air strikes to support Brittanic Union - think America's air strikes against North Vietnam and Laos). Failing that, I could also interrogate some captives or engage in some manner of reconnaissance and espionage - as Shackley here knows, I have a whole bunch of tricks up my sleeve.

Albion would not appreciate another nation conducting airstrikes in its own territory, that should be noted now. We welcome support against larger foes that we meet in conflict elsewhere -but an internal insurgency is best handled internally for political reasons.
Grater Tovakia wrote:When approved I will most likely begin with ISR support and maybe a ship or two for logistics. If it escalates some advisors may be sent. The only way I see my military getting full involved would be if China took direct action.

Again, military help is welcome once this gets beyond our borders, but Albion would not stomach another nation intervening in its private affairs.
“Remember that you are an Englishman and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.”
-Cecil Rhodes
British|Roman Catholic|High Tory

The British Empire in all its modern glory, from the Canadian Tundra to the Indian jungles, from the Caribbean lagoons to the Rhodesian Bush. A conservative though interventionist power with a medium sized but elite military. Striving to rid its spheres of influence of communism, radical islam and globalist ventures.

User avatar
Brittanic Albion
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Nov 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittanic Albion » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:26 pm

Right chaps are we ready to get this train rolling?
“Remember that you are an Englishman and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.”
-Cecil Rhodes
British|Roman Catholic|High Tory

The British Empire in all its modern glory, from the Canadian Tundra to the Indian jungles, from the Caribbean lagoons to the Rhodesian Bush. A conservative though interventionist power with a medium sized but elite military. Striving to rid its spheres of influence of communism, radical islam and globalist ventures.

User avatar
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24046
Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Tally-ho, pip pip!
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

User avatar
Shackley
Envoy
 
Posts: 248
Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shackley » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Abso-bloody-lutely
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Overview | Persons of Interest | Buy from Kibbs Royal Armaments Co. ! | Buy from The Drawbridge Group!
ORBAT: | Royal Shackleyan Air Force | Royal Shackleyan Navy ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

User avatar
Brittanic Albion
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Nov 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittanic Albion » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:02 pm

Shackley wrote:Abso-bloody-lutely

Splendid, hope to see some posts up soon.
“Remember that you are an Englishman and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.”
-Cecil Rhodes
British|Roman Catholic|High Tory

The British Empire in all its modern glory, from the Canadian Tundra to the Indian jungles, from the Caribbean lagoons to the Rhodesian Bush. A conservative though interventionist power with a medium sized but elite military. Striving to rid its spheres of influence of communism, radical islam and globalist ventures.

User avatar
Shackley
Envoy
 
Posts: 248
Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shackley » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Brittanic Albion wrote:
Shackley wrote:Abso-bloody-lutely

Splendid, hope to see some posts up soon.

Perfectly happy to start posting myself unless you were planning on posting soon OP?
I take it Shackley fits into this world well enough: former British colony, fictional island/s in the North Atlantic, technologically competent capitalist nation rebuilding from a previous anti-communist war?

And there's Allanea too but that business is more complicated methinks. Also good to see Tovakia again. For a communist nation you have a habit of going to war against larger communist nations.

Anyway I may make a diplomatic communique to Albion offering military aid in return for financial/technological compensation. Or maybe just take some territorial possessions from the commies. Or I might just do it for the hell of it, we'll see.
Butter my scones and call me Excalibur, we're going to war boys!
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Overview | Persons of Interest | Buy from Kibbs Royal Armaments Co. ! | Buy from The Drawbridge Group!
ORBAT: | Royal Shackleyan Air Force | Royal Shackleyan Navy ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

User avatar
Brittanic Albion
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Nov 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brittanic Albion » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Shackley wrote:
Brittanic Albion wrote:Splendid, hope to see some posts up soon.

Perfectly happy to start posting myself unless you were planning on posting soon OP?
I take it Shackley fits into this world well enough: former British colony, fictional island/s in the North Atlantic, technologically competent capitalist nation rebuilding from a previous anti-communist war?

And there's Allanea too but that business is more complicated methinks. Also good to see Tovakia again. For a communist nation you have a habit of going to war against larger communist nations.

Anyway I may make a diplomatic communique to Albion offering military aid in return for financial/technological compensation. Or maybe just take some territorial possessions from the commies. Or I might just do it for the hell of it, we'll see.
Butter my scones and call me Excalibur, we're going to war boys!

Former colony eh? Interesting. I will post once others start, so I have some stuff to respond to. I might start having China move its chess pieces around. Militry aid will be welcome once it becomes apparent the issue is no longer domestic.
“Remember that you are an Englishman and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.”
-Cecil Rhodes
British|Roman Catholic|High Tory

The British Empire in all its modern glory, from the Canadian Tundra to the Indian jungles, from the Caribbean lagoons to the Rhodesian Bush. A conservative though interventionist power with a medium sized but elite military. Striving to rid its spheres of influence of communism, radical islam and globalist ventures.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Free Ravensburg, Lauzanne, Lkandria, Ohkhos, The Eurasian Revolution Front

Advertisement

Remove ads