NATION

PASSWORD

The King is Overthrown [MT; Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Slambastria
Civilian

Founded: Apr 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

The King is Overthrown [MT; Open]

Postby Slambastria » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:34 pm

Marvinsville, Slambastria
Royal Palace
1752 Hours

They were all over the city, their brown colored uniforms, hats sporting their symbol, and black boots making them instantly recognizable. They were members of the Fascist Party, and they sought to bring to an end three centuries of an oppressive absolute monarchy. The current king, Robert IV, was hiding in his palace, his royal guards, loyal troops, and royal militias aiming to protect their king. The militia and loyalist soldiers clashed with the Fascist militia and soldiers supporting the Fascist Party's cause throughout the city, and so far, the Loyalists were losing control of the city as the Fascists were superior in numbers and equipment. Finally, by 1730, two battalions of Fascist troops, led by the leader of the movement Thomas Brown, surrounded the Palace, and were beginning to storm it. The Royal Guard did all their best to protect the king, but they were cut down, and the Fascists were ransacking the Palace. Finally, by 1752, the Fascists had control of most of the Palace, but they did not find the king, Brown decided to visit the bedroom, intent on seeing the king's personal belongings.

When he stormed the bedroom, he noticed a fat man hiding behind the bed, thinking it was yet another servant, Brown walked up to him, intent on chasing him out of the room. Then, the man lifted his head and looked at Brown, who realized that the man was the king himself, he apparently hid in his bedroom, wearing his bathrobe and slippers (he always went to bed at 5:30), hoping that the Coup would be stopped. Seeing a prime opportunity to exact vengeance against the dynasty that had oppressed commoners like him for so long (not to mention the huge propaganda victory he could gain), he whipped out his Desert Eagle pistol, reloaded it, pointed it at the king, and fired a single bullet that lodged into the king's head. His lifeless body slumped to the ground, blood sprayed all over the wall, Brown walked out, telling a subordinate "The Kingdom... is no more."

After that he gave a speech in the meeting hall, proclaiming an end to the Monarchy and centuries of oppression, and the beginning of a new order of order, peace, and justice, guided by the ideology that was Fascism.

Ashaven
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashaven » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Speaker of the Ashaven Parliament, Michael Keels (age 36), watched his wife Mayella play Violin in a string quartet from the box of the Ashaven National Opera House auditorium, thoughts of the Slambastrian coup flowing through his mind. *Fascists* He thought to himself as he sat next to the new Ashaven President, the Independent-running Leonard Zimmerman. *They sought to throw of their oppressors, but their kind are known to use violence to maintain power, and they may try to commit hate crimes before too long. I'll have to keep an eye on their plans, maybe head there myself to ensure no foul play*

Zimmerman turned to face his political ally, the sound of classical music ambrosial to his ears. "You seem deep in thought, Michael. I assume this is about the new developments in Slambastrian?" To this remark, the sitting Keels (with his knees to his chest as usual, giving him an awkward appearance) nodded. "As I thought." Zimmerman replied, smiling slightly. "You will not see any rash action out of me, Michael, not like Armstrong the stupid." Zimmerman said, referencing the incompetent, previous president. "You won't have to travel their, Keels," Zimmerman continued after sighing slightly. "I will go there with my own family to assure diplomatic relations are stable between our two countries. However, Keels, I would like to bring a vote to Parliament, one I'd rather not have the public know about."

"That's the sort of thing Armstrong would have done, sir." Keels reminded Zimmerman. *Some sort of spec-ops unit? A contingency plan for his death? Emergency Presidential powers?* Keels only quickly glanced at Mayella's performance when the Viola player played an F # when it should have been Natural.

"Relax, Keels." Zimmerman smiled as the words rolled off his tongue. "It's just a proposition I've been thinking of: the development of a sentient AI." Zimmerman observed Keels as the Speaker raised an eyebrow. "No, Keels, not like in those utterly fictional movies with the robot apocalypse. It would be very well controlled. The hardware could be housed under the Parliament building, or maybe in the Killian mountains. All of Parliament would have a kill-switch, as well as myself. We'd have plenty of restraints put into the programming. It'd be totally under our control. Think of the advantages: Most of our military vehicles controlled by an invisible superweapon, a program capable of manufacturing virus' capable of attacking our enemies systems, but not our own, of course. Just think it over, Keels. I'll let your Parliament have its vote when I leave to Slambastrian tomorrow."

Zimmerman rose, gave Keels a quick pat on the back, then left as he put his suit jacket on, leaving Keels to listen to the B-grade performance and contemplate this phenomenal proposal.
May your beds be warm and your markets free! - Ashaven

My military is entirely feasible. - Kharsus

Kazerstand
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazerstand » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:14 am

The Allied States of Kazerstand renounces this bloodshed. We have imposed economic sanctions on Slambastria until they set up a more democratic form of government.

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:39 am

Official communiqué from the absolute royal federation of Imeriata and her realms

From: Lord Edward auf stjärnhelm of the Royal Foreign relation advisory.
To: Thomas Brown
Regarding: the abolishment of your monarchy
Encrypted: NO

I as well as the absolute royal federation of Imeriata and her realms and her peoples are most troubled by the change in government from a proper monarchy to a fascist state ruled by a commoner no less, and even thought we are happy that this is not a communistic state must I on behaves of both the absolute royal federation of Imeriata and His royal Highness Oskar rex Caesar II by the graze of the gods king of Imeriata, Vedian, Erathia and Northern Taranakan also the duke of Northern Venezue, The lord regent of the colony of Nova Imeriata and Imerian Africa also by the right of his birth high marshal of the royal guard file an official protest. But as you are a fascist nation whom follow the natural order close (but not to the letter) so are the absolute royal federation willing to observe the situation before any additional actions are taken.

Signed and approved by: His royal Highness Oskar rex Caesar II by the graze of the gods king of Imeriata, Vedian, Erathia and Northern Taranakan also the duke of Northern Venezue, The lord regent of the colony of Nova Imeriata and Imerian Africa also by the right of his birth high marshal of the royal guard.
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

So what? Let me indulge my oversized ego for a moment!
Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Of course, Imeriata focuses on the important things in life.

Willing to help with all your MS paint related troubles.
Things I dislikes: Everything.

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:43 am

We are sending immediatly:

100 SR71 Blackbirds

200 F22 Raptors

500 F16

And 25.000 soldiers to defend the King and Kill the fascists. The planes will be there immediatly.
Thank you

Attack canceled
Last edited by Monte Mare on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Churchilland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Churchilland » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:50 am

Churchilland invites the Royal Family here until the Revolt dies down.
Churchilland Embassy Project
Personification, as done by The Merchant Republics
The National anthem "Ode to the Nation"
Morgan Jones Tea Shops
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graph ... 66_eng.jpg
Ceannairceach wrote:
Because Britain is the other, better America. Its like America 1.0, when America 2.0 failed miserably.

Zuri Nyuni wrote:
There are things men speak only in hushed voices, afraid that if the wind caught their words, great evil would befall them. One of these things is Birmingham. The other is Peirs Morgan.

Ifreann wrote:
Maybe thinking the Illuminati exist is what the Illuminati want us to think.

Return to International Incidents