NATION

PASSWORD

How Most of Us Live (OOC Thread, Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Manors
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

How Most of Us Live (OOC Thread, Closed)

Postby The Manors » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:39 pm

OK, so this is an idea I've been kicking around since I founded this nation.

Basically, my nation is divided into two groups. This nation is split between a very, very wealthy and powerful minority, split into various Houses, and the other 95% of the populace (the proles), who lives in horrible conditions. Crowded shantycities with unreliable utilities, scarce food, no healthcare or anything. They are bound forever in vows of service to the wealthy Houses, and they work on their farms and in their factories, then go home to their shanties. Average lifespan is below 50, with a fourth of all children dying before age 10.

So, the idea is that one of the Houses sponsors an "expedition" into one of the proles' shantycities. It's supposed to be a fixed tour of a "model" prole community, kind of like the fake communes the Soviets used for propaganda. Your nation will supply no more than two people for this "expedition."

However, somehow the proles attack the expedition and kidnap the foreigners. Their goal is short of shock therapy, to show you how life really is. So basically it's going to a horror trip into the worst parts of my nation.

I do intend to try and kill off a few people, so don't send anyone important. Here's the signup form.

Name:
Physical Appearance (picture if possible):
Any weapons (nothing more than a pistol):
Reason for Attending the Expedition:
Last edited by The Manors on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Manors
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Manors » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:33 pm

BUMP

Violet Beauregarde
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Violet Beauregarde » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:07 pm

I suppose I may join in.

Name: Alexandra York

Physical appearance: Image Same body shape, but with a more oval face and deep blue hair and eyes/ violet lips.

Weapons: None.

Reason for attendance: A desire to see how the deprived of the world live.

Note: Most blueberry women have attendants to roll them around and see their needs are met. Alexandra could have had attendants from your government who were killed, leaving her completely helpless and at the mercy of the Proles.
Support the berries! This storefront sells perfectly good normal food plus berrification products!
viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=6&t=22414&p=844678#p844678

The Manors
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Manors » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Or the proles could kill whatever attendants she brings with her. Either way, it's be interesting, her being kidnapped by a bunch of half-starved people.

Obviously, you're accepted.

Violet Beauregarde
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Violet Beauregarde » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:11 pm

The Manors wrote:Or the proles could kill whatever attendants she brings with her. Either way, it's be interesting, her being kidnapped by a bunch of half-starved people.

Obviously, you're accepted.

Perhaps we should take our talk to TG's?
Support the berries! This storefront sells perfectly good normal food plus berrification products!
viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=6&t=22414&p=844678#p844678

Lovable Weirdos
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lovable Weirdos » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Name: Yadia
Physical Appearance (picture if possible): Erm...like a normal catgirl?
Any weapons (nothing more than a pistol): A big pistol.
Reason for Attending the Expedition: She wants to see how people in less privilidged enviroments live.
On hiatus from these forums until 2012. Can still be contacted via telegram.

Panzerjaeger wrote:We have Hitler! Greatest Liberal Ever!

Assassinistan wrote:Does speed make you faster?

New Amerik wrote:So I'm scrolling the Internet, and it's three in the morning, and I see flag, flag, flag, flag, flag, flag, flag,flag, flag, and then BAM! A HORSE! And I go, "Holy Christ! That person's some kind of weirdo!"

Old Erisia wrote:wait... so its NOT normal to fire calcium carbonate hormone-filled darts into your prospective mates??

Fisenesia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Fisenesia » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Name: Gale Ventus
Physical Appearance:
Any weapons: Katana
Reason for Attending the Expedition: Sent from Fisenesia to study foreign social stratification and class relations

The Manors
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Manors » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:52 pm

Both accepted. I'll start the RP sometime this weekend, barring any RL intervention.

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Name: James Carwall.
Physical Appearance (picture if possible): Can't really provide a picture... blonde hair, green eyes, bashed up nose from boxing all the time.
Any weapons (nothing more than a pistol): Depends - if PT, than a revolver, if MT, then a Taurus.
Reason for Attending the Expedition:

The Manors
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Manors » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:36 pm

Accepted, and this is MT.

The Manors
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Manors » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:16 pm