NATION

PASSWORD

The Wolf and the Eagle: Clash of the Superpowers (OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Oppermenia
Minister

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

The Wolf and the Eagle: Clash of the Superpowers (OOC)

Postby Oppermenia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:04 pm

The Wolf and the Eagle: Clash of the Superpowers
The year is 2200. There are 2 superpowers - Suryak and Oppermenia, the eagle and the wolf. Both countries couldn't be more different. Suryak rules much of Europe, and Oppermenia rules Iceland, Greenland and Canada. Oppermenia - a liberal collectivist monarchist democracy, while Suryak - an authoritarian fascist stratocratic absolute monarchy. Two ideological struggles, just bound to come to conflict. Who will you choose in this new cold war?

OOC
Basically, this will be a long cold war style conflict, with different wars happening and room for a bunch of mini-storylines.

Enforcers (mods) are here to enforce the rules and have the power to give warnings to rule breakers.

This is the OOC Thread
Link to the IC:
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=453194

Rules:

1. Nations like Nazi Philippine Empire, Sheboyganite Union are banned until it is decided they are fit to join this rp.

2. BASIC REALISM.

3. No instant invasions. RP your fleet crossing the oceans first. Surrounding a country should take up an entire post. RP your preparations for the attack before you attack. Be realistic. NO TELEPORTATIONS. Blitzkrieg is banned henceforth.

4. No WMDs of any kinds until but 2 of your countries on the map are invaded.

5. NS stats are used for economy and population.

6. No god modding. So, basically, you don't dictate what other people's forces do and the damage they take. You only control your forces and the damage they take.

7. You may claim territories on the world map. However, you can only start out with staking your claim in three territories/countries. You can increase your territory through invasions, or the colonization of territories that are unclaimed. You just have to rp it. However, if you are inactive for a period of one week or more on the IC thread, your borders will be shrunken to one territory, and will be left up for grabs. you can colonize ONE Region/Country at a time to make it fair so others have a chance to colonize as well.

8. NO PUPPET NATIONS. They provide an unfair advantage, as you're still the one controlling them, anyway.

9. Your military can only be 10% of your population. 15% if you have conscription as a national policy.

10. And I cannot stress this enough. In order to regulate this rp, and keep things fair and fun, I am the deciding factor of what goes in this rp. So, if I say you can't have as many troops as you say you do, then you have to follow my numbers. I'm sorry, but we can't have rules without enforcement. Me and Suryak are co-OPs, so our word is law.

Code: Select all
[b]Name of country(What is it called usually):[/b]
[b]Official name of country:[/b]
[b]Head of State:[/b]
[b]Head of Government:[/b]
[b]Government Type:[/b]
[b]Ideology:[/b]
[b]Which Side Does Your Nation Support?(Oppermenia or Suryak):[/b]
[b]Territory claimed:[/b]

Please, follow these rules. Any failure to do so will result in a ban on your participation in the rp.
Last edited by Oppermenia on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Stick to the pack, and the pack will provide."
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
If you cross us, however, then as a pack, we will hunt you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Suryak
Minister

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Suryak » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:06 pm

I'm already in right?
Private First Class of The Black Hawks

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Suryak wrote:I'm already in right?

Of course you're one of the main players
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Suryak
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Suryak » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Like no application I mean.
Also, coming with my claimed territories soon

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Suryak wrote:Like no application I mean.
Also, coming with my claimed territories soon

Yeah that's what I mean, you don't need any app just need to determine your claimed territories
Don't underestimate us.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:11 pm

This seems interesting - after all, just think about the possibilities of some nation cramming four-and-a-half billion people into Margaret-knows-how-much surface area... :twisted:
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:15 pm

anyone who wants to sign up can go ahead
Don't underestimate us.

Suryak
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Suryak » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:21 pm

I might shrink down but:

South Acren
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:49 pm

Yaaaay! Now i dont have to sit around and complain about random shit!
Name of country(What is it called usually): South Acren
Official name of country: The Militaristic Democracy of South Acren
Head of State: Franklin Arcson
Head of Government:Look up
Government Type: Right Wing Democracy.
Ideology: Fascism Democracy
Which Side Does Your Nation Support?(Oppermenia or Suryak): Neutral for now...
Territory claimed: America and the Philippines.
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.
Imperium Aeterna, Empire Eternal

Suryak
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Suryak » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:53 pm

South Acren wrote:Yaaaay! Now i dont have to sit around and complain about random shit!
Name of country(What is it called usually): South Acren
Official name of country: The Militaristic Democracy of South Acren
Head of State: Franklin Arcson
Head of Government:Look up
Government Type: Right Wing Democracy.
Ideology: Fascism Democracy
Which Side Does Your Nation Support?(Oppermenia or Suryak): Neutral for now...
Territory claimed: America and the Philippines.

if I have the power...
accepted i guess?
Keep in mind that the participants must be weaker than the 2 superpowers, not too weaker though

South Acren
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:56 pm

-_-
Thats gonna be hard.....
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:02 am

South Acren wrote:-_-
Thats gonna be hard.....

Me and Suryak very much disagree on this.
I think nations can be as powerful as they want, but it just can’t be enough to shift things towards one side of the other
Don't underestimate us.

South Acren
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:27 am

Ah ok
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:41 am

I am changing my territory claims from India, Pakistan, and Iran to China, India, and Iran. Oppermenia said I can do this as long as Suryak is informed. Here is my revised app:

Name of country(What is it called usually): India.
Official name of country: The Khanate of India.
Head of State: Timur Khan.
Head of Government: Timur Khan.
Government Type: Khanate (Absolute Monarchy).
Ideology: Social libertarianism, economic libertarianism, political authoritarianism, civic nationalism.
Which Side Does Your Nation Support?(Oppermenia or Suryak): Neutral, but leaning toward Oppermenia.
Territory claimed: India, China, Iran.
Last edited by Persia-Kebabistan on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:23 am

Persia-Kebabistan wrote:Name of country(What is it called usually): India.
Official name of country: The Khanate of India.
Head of State: Timur Khan.
Head of Government: Timur Khan.
Government Type: Khanate (Absolute Monarchy).
Ideology: Social libertarianism, economic libertarianism, political authoritarianism, civic nationalism.
Which Side Does Your Nation Support?(Oppermenia or Suryak): Neutral, but leaning toward Oppermenia.
Territory claimed: India, Pakistan, Iran.

Accepted
Don't underestimate us.

South Raznakova
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:09 am

Name of country: South Raznakova
Official name of country: The Armed Communist States of South Raznakova
Head of State: General Secretary Vladimir Vodovenko
Head of Government:General Secretary Vladimir Vodovenko
Government Type: Armed Communist State
Ideology: Communism
Which Side Does Your Nation Support?(Oppermenia or Suryak): Neutral, however, this will change eventually
Territory claimed: Former Soviet Union(However, if this is to big, just Russia, Ukraine and Georgia.)
Last edited by South Raznakova on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not underestimate us. Although we do not wish war with anyone, and we will approach you with friendship and kindness, if you are hostile, if you attack or betray us, we will wipe even the memory of you out of existence. That is a promise, and we keep our promises.

South Raznakova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:16 am

OOC: I would have a more powerful military, because of population and how much I spend, which is more then both of your countries individually.
Do not underestimate us. Although we do not wish war with anyone, and we will approach you with friendship and kindness, if you are hostile, if you attack or betray us, we will wipe even the memory of you out of existence. That is a promise, and we keep our promises.

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:25 am

South Raznakova wrote:OOC: I would have a more powerful military, because of population and how much I spend, which is more then both of your countries individually.

Yeah, me and Suryak are figuring that stuff out. I think it should be Oppermenia and Suryak are the two most influential superpowers but not the most powerful, and the other players can be as powerful as they want as long as it doesn’t shift it toward one side or the other.
Now, you all have stuff like missiles and whatnot, but remember how I had a satellite that disrupted storms, with the potential of also aggravating them? Yeah, I think this should be my area in terms of far out weapons. I think this being unique to Oppermenia gives me something that makes my nation powerful
Don't underestimate us.

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:36 am

Let's not do things where we claim that one country and only one country is going to be best at something (example: someone having the best culture or the most memes). I am not saying that people can not be best something, as long as other players are allowed to improve in that. What I am against is when someone claims that not only are they best at something, but no one else can be better than them.

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:44 am

Persia-Kebabistan wrote:Let's not do things where we claim that one country and only one country is going to be best at something (example: someone having the best culture or the most memes). I am not saying that people can not be best something, as long as other players are allowed to improve in that. What I am against is when someone claims that not only are they best at something, but no one else can be better than them.

Yeah, but other players have been doing that unofficially forever. I’m just saying that if people say they’re the best at something no questions asked, then mine should be my weather satellite so I have something
Don't underestimate us.

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:51 am

Oppermenia wrote:
Persia-Kebabistan wrote:Let's not do things where we claim that one country and only one country is going to be best at something (example: someone having the best culture or the most memes). I am not saying that people can not be best something, as long as other players are allowed to improve in that. What I am against is when someone claims that not only are they best at something, but no one else can be better than them.

Yeah, but other players have been doing that unofficially forever. I’m just saying that if people say they’re the best at something no questions asked, then mine should be my weather satellite so I have something

Oh, okay. In that case, I would like it so people can not officially say they are best at something no questions asked. If it is done unofficially, it is probably fine, since their idea that they are best at that no questions asked is not officially condoned, and thus they can not prevent others from improving.

Basically, I just don't want it to be officially condoned. I don't want it to be unofficially condoned either, but it will be hard to prevent unofficial claiming of special skills.

BTW, will space exploration play any part in this RP, or are we going to leave space alone?
Last edited by Persia-Kebabistan on Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suryak
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Suryak » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:54 am

I want it alone tbh

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Persia-Kebabistan wrote:
Oppermenia wrote:Yeah, but other players have been doing that unofficially forever. I’m just saying that if people say they’re the best at something no questions asked, then mine should be my weather satellite so I have something

Oh, okay. In that case, I would like it so people can not officially say they are best at something no questions asked. If it is done unofficially, it is probably fine, since their idea that they are best at that no questions asked is not officially condoned, and thus they can not prevent others from improving.

Basically, I just don't want it to be officially condoned. I don't want it to be unofficially condoned either, but it will be hard to prevent unofficial claiming of special skills.

BTW, will space exploration play any part in this RP, or are we going to leave space alone?

Lets leave space alone
Don't underestimate us.

Persia-Kebabistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Persia-Kebabistan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:29 pm

Oppermenia wrote:
Persia-Kebabistan wrote:Oh, okay. In that case, I would like it so people can not officially say they are best at something no questions asked. If it is done unofficially, it is probably fine, since their idea that they are best at that no questions asked is not officially condoned, and thus they can not prevent others from improving.

Lets leave space alone

Okay.

South Raznakova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Raznakova » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Ya, lets leave it alone. But I think that in terms of weapons and military, I would be more powerful, but you would be better at dipolmacy and stuff like that.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents