NATION

PASSWORD

In Mastralos, a dictator steps down but never out (MT, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Mastralos
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

In Mastralos, a dictator steps down but never out (MT, open)

Postby Mastralos » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:13 am

MNews: Noticios di Mastralos

BREAKING NEWS: GENERAL TOMAS BUSTAMANTE TO STEP DOWN

In breaking news, General Tomas Bustamante has announced his intention to step down from his role as Interim President of the Republic and transition the country back to civilian rule. A new Democratic Transitional Council (DTC) will take on executive and legislative powers with the mandate to draft a new constitution and announce new elections within two years.

Though the exact composition of the DTC is not yet entirely known, inside sources hint that General Bustamante will have a role and that Dante Ferrero, son of deceased President Domenico Ferrero, is shortlisted for a prominent position within the DTC. In exile since the “summer coup” of 2016, Justice Department officials have confirmed that charges of sedition against him have been dropped and arrest warrants cancelled. It is unclear if former Vice President and Acting President Isabelle Martinez has been released from house arrest.

General Bustamante has held the post of Interim President since August 2016, when a military coup under his command ousted Acting President Isabelle Martinez and other foreign puppets. Elections scheduled for later in 2016 to both La Congrezza and the Presidency were suspended under emergency decree. Constitutional rights and civilian courts were suspended in order to root out those responsible for the terrorism afflicting the early 2016 election cycle.

General Bustamante is expected to make a brief announcement later this evening.

Impera, Mastralos

A warm westerly wind blew through the large courtyard of the Presidential Palace as the sun began to set on what was perhaps one of the last pleasant days before the wet winter weather arrived. It was shortly before dinner, so timed for the evening news cycle to pick up and to ensure the General’s brief speech could reach those at home.

The courtyard was filled with a large but orderly crowd of citizens deemed friendly towards the regime – all attendees were pre-screened before admittance. Some supporters were even bussed in from beyond the city to ensure adequate support and crowd size. A small cadre of photographers and journalists from outlets deemed friendly to, or at least uncritical of, General Bustamante was placed to the right of the courtyard in order to capture the General’s “good side.” No room for dissidents here.

Just beyond the palace grounds, protesters demonstrated and shouted, but in relatively small numbers and in an otherwise peaceful manner. They knew all too well what brutality the police and militias would lay upon them if they left the designated zone or strayed from the agreed-upon behaviours. In any case, their cries would fall on deaf ears – no journalists or unapproved recording devices were allowed near the zone. Of course, cameras and microphones were used by the police and propaganda bureau to potentially harass or denigrate protesting individuals in the future. Just to be safe, public loudspeakers played the national anthem and other patriotic music to drown out any stray voices.

Finally, the courtyard clock tower rang six, and the gilded motorized doors to the balcony of the Presidential Office gently swung open. A brief form of the national anthem played as General Bustamante sauntered to the prepared podium, his white ceremonial uniform gently reflecting the glows of the evening sun, one soldier from the Presidential Guard walking either side of him in their ceremonial marine blue uniforms. Upon approaching the podium, the General stopped and saluted the standing crowd, his salute ending with the music. He placed a hand on either side of the podium and spoke into the waiting microphone.

“Each morning, I look over this beautiful land and I think of you, the people of Mastralos, and all that we have accomplished in these two brief years," his speech began with a sentimental tone in his voice.

"And each day, through hard work and sacrifice, we rebuild our nation anew, we cleanse it of the corruption and weaknesses of the past, and we lay our lives for order and stability. And no more,” he pounded the podium for emphasis as he spoke, “do we bow and cower in the face of outside aggressors and instigators!”

“No doubt, much work remains to be done in rebuilding from the wounds of the past, but you, the people, make this land strong and mighty," his voice wavered as he looked down at the black top of the podium in false humility, "Every day, I strive to earn your respect,”

After a brief pause and looking up and out at the crowd, the General continued, “And to prove I have earned it, to prove I am a man who keeps his promises, I come to you with an announcement. Though the revolution is far from complete, it is time for you, the people, to take an even greater role. After consulting with many of you and your countrymen, I am determined the time is right to resign my role as Interim President and hand executive powers to a new Democratic Transitional Council!”

The general stopped and nodded for the crowd as the courtyard was filled with gasps and cheers, some rehearsed and some genuine. Camera flashbulbs went off, their light bouncing off the pale sandstone walls as the General maintained a stoic face. After a moment, he leaned back towards the microphone and extended his arm, holding his palm out at the crowd as if to shake a hand.

“This council will be formed from you and your neighbours, from members of the military and security forces, academics and journalists, labour leaders and political party members, industry representatives and others. But rest assured,” he bent his elbow and pointed a finger to the air above him, “I am not abandoning you, for I will be one of many members of this council.”

He paused again for a moderate and somewhat forced cheer from the crowd.

“This council will be tasked with writing a new constitution, with holding fresh elections within two years, and with re-establishing civilian courts free from foreign influence. But this is not all. After a thorough investigation, the Revolutionary Court has decided to drop all charges against the son of late President Domenico Ferrero, God rest his soul," he declared while he made the sign of the cross in Catholic tradition.

"Dante Ferrero will now return home from his exile and has graciously agreed to serve you and the country by taking a leading role on the new council,” he stopped again, calmly reaching for the clear crystal glass with equally crystal clear water on the podium, and taking a sip to hide his grin. He could barely stop himself from getting giddy at his little lie – Dante’s so-called “exile” – for he knew full well the poor fellow had no choice but to play along and provide an air of legitimacy.

Placing the crystal glass back down, he continued, “And as a great benefit to you, scientific experts and your community associations assure me it is now time to make some other changes. I am pleased to announce the end of compulsory civilian vegetarianism and meat rationing! As the safety and security of our food sources has been rebuilt, it is no longer necessary to ensure only the military and security services have access to meat for nutrition and morale. I expect we can all enjoy a hearty feast in the coming days. God bless Mastralos!” he threw his right fist in the air as the crowd cheered Viva Mastralos, viva Bustamante! repeatedly, continuing for a required moment as the General turned and left the balcony.
Last edited by Mastralos on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:17 am

Mastralos wrote:
MNews: Noticios di Mastralos

BREAKING NEWS: GENERAL TOMAS BUSTAMANTE TO STEP DOWN

In breaking news, General Tomas Bustamante has announced his intention to step down from his role as Interim President of the Republic and transition the country back to civilian rule. A new Democratic Transitional Council (DTC) will take on executive and legislative powers with the mandate to draft a new constitution and announce new elections within two years.

Though the exact composition of the DTC is not yet entirely known, inside sources hint that General Bustamante will have a role and that Dante Ferrero, son of deceased President Domenico Ferrero, is shortlisted for a prominent position within the DTC. In exile since the “summer coup” of 2016, Justice Department officials have confirmed that charges of sedition against him have been dropped and arrest warrants cancelled. It is unclear if former Vice President and Acting President Isabelle Martinez has been released from house arrest.

General Bustamante has held the post of Interim President since August 2016, when a military coup under his command ousted Acting President Isabelle Martinez and other foreign puppets. Elections scheduled for later in 2016 to both La Congrezza and the Presidency were suspended under emergency decree. Constitutional rights and civilian courts were suspended in order to root out those responsible for the terrorism afflicting the early 2016 election cycle.

General Bustamante is expected to make a brief announcement later this evening.

Impera, Mastralos

A warm westerly wind blew through the large courtyard of the Presidential Palace as the sun began to set on what was perhaps one of the last pleasant days before the wet winter weather arrived. It was shortly before dinner, so timed for the evening news cycle to pick up and to ensure the General’s brief speech could reach those at home.

The courtyard was filled with a large but orderly crowd of citizens deemed friendly towards the regime – all attendees were pre-screened before admittance. Some supporters were even bussed in from beyond the city to ensure adequate support and crowd size. A small cadre of photographers and journalists from outlets deemed friendly to, or at least uncritical of, General Bustamante was placed to the right of the courtyard in order to capture the General’s “good side.” No room for dissidents here.

Just beyond the palace grounds, protesters demonstrated and shouted, but in relatively small numbers and in an otherwise peaceful manner. They knew all too well what brutality the police and militias would lay upon them if they left the designated zone or strayed from the agreed-upon behaviours. In any case, their cries would fall on deaf ears – no journalists or unapproved recording devices were allowed near the zone. Of course, cameras and microphones were used by the police and propaganda bureau to potentially harass or denigrate protesting individuals in the future. Just to be safe, public loudspeakers played the national anthem and other patriotic music to drown out any stray voices.

Finally, the courtyard clock tower rang six, and the gilded motorized doors to the balcony of the Presidential Office gently swung open. A brief form of the national anthem played as General Bustamante sauntered to the prepared podium, his white ceremonial uniform gently reflecting the glows of the evening sun, one soldier from the Presidential Guard walking either side of him in their ceremonial marine blue uniforms. Upon approaching the podium, the General stopped and saluted the standing crowd, his salute ending with the music. He placed a hand on either side of the podium and spoke into the waiting microphone.

“Each morning, I look over this beautiful land and I think of you, the people of Mastralos, and all that we have accomplished in these two brief years," his speech began with a sentimental tone in his voice.

"And each day, through hard work and sacrifice, we rebuild our nation anew, we cleanse it of the corruption and weaknesses of the past, and we lay our lives for order and stability. And no more,” he pounded the podium for emphasis as he spoke, “do we bow and cower in the face of outside aggressors and instigators!”

“No doubt, much work remains to be done in rebuilding from the wounds of the past, but you, the people, make this land strong and mighty," his voice wavered as he looked down at the black top of the podium in false humility, "Every day, I strive to earn your respect,”

After a brief pause and looking up and out at the crowd, the General continued, “And to prove I have earned it, to prove I am a man who keeps his promises, I come to you with an announcement. Though the revolution is far from complete, it is time for you, the people, to take an even greater role. After consulting with many of you and your countrymen, I am determined the time is right to resign my role as Interim President and hand executive powers to a new Democratic Transitional Council!”

The general stopped and nodded for the crowd as the courtyard was filled with gasps and cheers, some rehearsed and some genuine. Camera flashbulbs went off, their light bouncing off the pale sandstone walls as the General maintained a stoic face. After a moment, he leaned back towards the microphone and extended his arm, holding his palm out at the crowd as if to shake a hand.

“This council will be formed from you and your neighbours, from members of the military and security forces, academics and journalists, labour leaders and political party members, industry representatives and others. But rest assured,” he bent his elbow and pointed a finger to the air above him, “I am not abandoning you, for I will be one of many members of this council.”

He paused again for a moderate and somewhat forced cheer from the crowd.

“This council will be tasked with writing a new constitution, with holding fresh elections within two years, and with re-establishing civilian courts free from foreign influence. But this is not all. After a thorough investigation, the Revolutionary Court has decided to drop all charges against the son of late President Domenico Ferrero, God rest his soul," he declared while he made the sign of the cross in Catholic tradition.

"Dante Ferrero will now return home from his exile and has graciously agreed to serve you and the country by taking a leading role on the new council,” he stopped again, calmly reaching for the clear crystal glass with equally crystal clear water on the podium, and taking a sip to hide his grin. He could barely stop himself from getting giddy at his little lie – Dante’s so-called “exile” – for he knew full well the poor fellow had no choice but to play along and provide an air of legitimacy.

Placing the crystal glass back down, he continued, “And as a great benefit to you, scientific experts and your community associations assure me it is now time to make some other changes. I am pleased to announce the end of compulsory civilian vegetarianism and meat rationing! As the safety and security of our food sources has been rebuilt, it is no longer necessary to ensure only the military and security services have access to meat for nutrition and morale. I expect we can all enjoy a hearty feast in the coming days. God bless Mastralos!” he threw his right fist in the air as the crowd cheered Viva Mastralos, viva Bustamante! repeatedly, continuing for a required moment as the General turned and left the balcony.

The Japanese Shogunate was always critical of small dictatorships, especially ones still somehow surviving in general areas where they'd be surrounded on all sides by likely opposing forces. However Mastralos was different, it was simply viewed as the Med's version of a little "Banana republic dictatorship" like Cuba or some other island. Japan though couldn't say much publicly given in reality the Shogunate was just Japan's version of a military dictatorship, albeit one that preferred to exert it's true power secretly and in times of great national emergency, however the last "great national emergency" was in 2000 with a large scale resistance uprising in the Pacific States of America. It'd been 18 years since then and the Shogunate silently watched the world since, only involving itself in matters where the Japanese economy was sure to be bolstered. Such as Qaidi with their civil war, or the war Japan was fighting as part of an international alliance with Karlsland in some nonsensical gate in Berlin.

Mastralos at this time didn't show any signs of a need for a "Japanese intervention", however what was clear was with the speech, food was quite very much needed. And likely arms for their military. Japan wasn't one to not capitalise on opportunities such as this where arms contracts and food would be needed. Japan, thanks to it's puppets in the "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere" had plenty of food to go around, especially with the now tamed areas of the former Russian Far East. After all. In this modern world, food and weapons were what truly made a country. ....Oil too but with Japan going to secure such resources in nearby North Africa, talks for those supplies would come at a later time. Japan was poised like a hungry South East Chinese Tiger on it's prey, the prey being the west. Slowly encroaching on the last areas of the world still yet to fall to the Japanese, militarily.

However at this time, Japan would try a... Softer approach, to hopefully secure a point in the Med to assist as a nearby naval base for the Imperial Japanese Navy and a potential FOB for the IJA before North Africa.

The Imperial Palace, Kyoto, Honshu, Mainland Japan, The Empire of Japan

Shogun Koubuin watched the speech on a flatscreen TV in her office with a smile on her lips. The so called "step down" of Mastralos' dictator was quite well orchestrated but the Shogunate knew better, the retirement was a sham, this "dictator" would still in truth remain in power, however in secrecy like the Shogun herself. On the outside, appearing as only a military figurehead, as the Emperor appeared as the religious figurehead, while the diet was the "public government" that held very little actual power. "So they've had a food problem? I wonder what else they might have a problem with." Yuuhi could only shake her head. "We should help them with this problem." Yuuhi finished, she already had a plan in the works in her head as to how to proceed on these events.

Yuuhi picked up her phone and pressed on Line 3, this line was a direct line to the Foreign Minister of the Japanese Empire's office.....

The Foreign Ministry of the Japanese Empire, Kyoto, Honshu, Mainland Japan, The Empire of Japan

Regent Kyoko Takatsukasa was writing replies to communiques sent by other world leaders, from Allanea, to Qaidi, then to A-B-H, and Karlsland. With 2018, the Japanese Empire was quite busy overseas with Japan fighting a civil war for the Qaidi Provisional Government, allied with Allanea, and A-B-H, then another war through some strange Gate in the middle of Berlin, in Karlsland. Regent Takatsukasa became a familiar face and name to all parties involved, she couldn't have known, she would have to become a familiar face with another government. Mastralos' government. Kyoko's phone began ringing and she picked it up as she wrote with her other hand.

"Foreign Minister Takatsukasa, Head of the 5th Regency House of Takatsukasa..." Kyoko said before Yuuhi spoke. "Kyoko... You sound exhausted. You should get some sleep soon. ...However before that, I need you to send a communique to this... "Government" of Mastralos, it seems they maybe in need of food and... Other supplies." Yuuhi said before Kyoko shook herself awake. "O-of course! Right! I'll.. Get on that then. Was there anything else you need, your highness?" Kyoko asked and Yuuhi hung up. Clearly nothing else was needed.

Kyoko could only sigh. Of course, Japan was getting involved in another country. Well. She hoped no more troops had to be mobilised.

日本太平洋帝国帝国外務省の公式声明
Official Communique from the Imperial Foreign Ministry of Affairs of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States

To: The Foreign Ministry of Mastralos
From: The Imperial Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States, Imperial Foreign Minister, Head of the 5th Regency House of Takatsukasa, Kyoko Takatsukasa

Encryption Level:High

Good day, I am Regent Kyoko Takatsukasa of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States, the Shogun herself, Yuuhi Koubuin would wish to extend talks of agricultural treaties and other economic treaties such as arms contracts with your country. I shall be awaiting your word.
Signed. Imperial Foreign Minister of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States, Head of the 5th Regency House of Takatsukasa, Regent Kyoko Takatsukasa
署名された 日本太平洋帝国外務大臣、第五回高等弁務団長、リージェント高槻恭子
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:All is well

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:02 am

“Now look, I told you that this was on the horizon. Just because you didn’t have the sense to take it seriously doesn’t make it my problem.”

“Jim, you know damn well that this becomes your problem the minute I put down this phone. I’ve got the Governor of Tidewater on speed-dial.”

President Jim Gilmore turned in his chair to take the small glass—water, not alcohol, not right now—from the tray presented to him. The voluptuous woman who was carrying the tray, leaning forward gratuitously to offer it so that her chest looked ready to spill out of the skimpy black leotard that served as her uniform, straightened up after the glass was out of her custody. She made no other movements until the President of the Confederacy of Atlantian Dominions shooed her out of the room with a wave of his hand. Once ordered, she turned in place and walked out, hips swaying with the movements of her long legs.

“You can holler to the Dominions all you want,” Jim was saying into the phone, eyes still fixed on the behind on the bunny-butler. “But unline with Zanyland or Zeon, there’s nothing I can do. It’s one thing to get involved in a war that’s already started. I’m not about to risk my re-election by threatening to start one ourselves.”

“So what are we supposed to do then?” The irate voice on the other end of the line was Damien Edwards, CEO of one of the major agricultural combines. His company was one of the pillars that held up the entire Atlantian economy. So he had leverage and pull, but that didn’t count for anything right now.

“Maybe stop trying to lever me into doing something you know I can’t, and start pushing on them,” the president suggested. He wondered if the executive really hadn’t thought of that yet, or if he was just trying to foist the problems onto the federal government instead of dealing with it himself.

“Fine. I’ll call up the others and we’ll put together a strategy. Thanks for nothing, Jim.”

Jim Gilmore chuckled. “Yeah, good luck with all that.”

World Press Agency: President Gilmore praises return of democracy in Mastralos
Cumberland – President Jim Gilmore released a short statement today praising the decision of General Tomas Bustamante to step down from his position as de facto ruler of Mastralos and allow democracy to return to the Mediterranean nation.

The statement read in part: “Democracy has proven that it is the most moral form of government in the world, and the Confederacy of Atlantian Dominions welcomes the return of moral rule to Mastralos."

World Press Agency: Atlantian food companies register unease at Mastralos transition
Edenton – A number of Atlantian agricultural corporations issued a joint press release today announcing that they would begin considering downsizing or possibly shuttering their operations in the Mediterranean nation of Mastralos. The statement cited “fears of political instability” in the wake of General Tomas Bustamante’s decision to end his emergency rule and restore democracy.

When pressed on why this announcement was made, the spokesman for the FarmFresh Combine said, “This decision may be the right choice for the people of Mastralos, but it comes at the risk of overturning all known factors of business in the country. We have determined that it may be safer to end operations in Mastralos until the situation has resolved itself.”

Mastralos has only recently achieved food security, in part due to considerable investment by Atlantian agricultural and food corporations. It is not yet known how this new announcement will affect the permanence of that achievement.
The Confederation of Atlantian Dominions
My nation can be referred to as "the Atlantian Dominions" or "Atlantia"
Continuity currently undergoing major reconstruction - please stand by

Mastralos
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mastralos » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Impera, Mastralos - Monday morning

The top floor of the newly renovated and modernized Ministry of Agriculture office building, somewhat sterile in whites, greys, and neutral tones as is popular in contemporary office design, was buzzing with Monday activity. The General’s Friday evening announcement had ample time over the weekend to sink in and swirl amongst talk shows and the public. The nation’s public servants had to scramble and stall for answers as they awaited decisions and direction from senior management.

Despite the hustle outside of its heavy doors, the large executive conference room sat nearly unoccupied, except for two men in dark suits seated across the vast circular table from one another. Typical for this kind of meeting, the window blinds were half drawn, with a sliver of late morning sunlight landing on the floor.

“The hell was he thinking?” demanded Julian, an unimpressed look upon his face. As Deputy Minister of Agriculture, he served as the de facto ministry head. All cabinet positions and duties were assumed by General Bustamante and his mercurial “team,” leaving a degree of confined decision making with the most senior bureaucrats. Julian sighed and shook his head as he leaned forward in his chair.

“You can’t take productive farms from dissenting farmers and companies, label the folks ‘saboteurs,’ hand their land to cronies and foreign interests that financed your goals, and then insist barely a year and half later that production is fine, everything is okay now, there’s enough meat for everyone, and so forth. You just can’t,” he waved his hands in the air, implying the logic amount to little more than magic, “we’ve lost the expertise and efficiency.”

“Take a step back and look at the bigger picture,” Romero, Chief Advisor to the General and a member of the “team,” gently urged. His constant sly grin and relaxed demeanour almost belittled those he spoke to.

“Bustamante is a man of his word. There are expectations he’ll follow through on paper,” Romero paused, gently adjusting his rectangular frameless glasses, “and that displeases some people.”

“You mean the Atlantians?” asked Julian.

“They aren’t happy, but that’s a mistake. They aren’t the target.”

Julian leaned back and crossed his arms.

“So it’s internal.”

“Bingo.”

Romero pulled an envelope from his blazer’s inner pocket and slid it across to Julian.

“The Japanese Pacific States have offered to hold talks on some relevant issues. The Atlantian government are supportive of Bustamante’s, uhh... democratizing intentions... but their companies aren’t happy,” Romero’s brow rose as he looked pointedly at Julian, “those interests have been very, very helpful.”

Julian pondered for a moment, “So... we make agreements with one country, assure the government and businesses of another, but where does that leave the rest of our farmers? To make up the difference, you gotta take back the farms you gave to your local supporters by running them into the ground.”

“It’s all economics. Impossibly low prices, predatory corporations, bumbling kleptocrats. It’s a warning to others. No more internal pushback and we get useful scapegoats in an anti-corruption drive.”

“Christ,” muttered Julian, the irony of Romero’s last sentence not lost on him.

Romero laughed, “Don’t worry Julian! Have your folks produce some negative inspection results and you’ll have a nice cushy position on the new Council.”

Impera, Mastralos - Monday evening

In the cool breeze of the evening air, General Bustamante’s gravelly voice travelled across that nation's television and radio waves in a brief address to the nation, as if brought in by nature itself. True to his attempt to seem like a servant of the people, he called it a status update.

“My countrymen, I do hope you have enjoyed your weekend with good food, drink, and company. But now, I have some news for you. An update of our progress of just a few short days.”

“Two foreign governments have shown support for our nation and the period we are going through. Indeed, Regent Takatsukasa of The Empire of Japanese Pacific States has reached out to us in good faith. President Gilmore of The Atlantian Dominions has expressed public support for our actions and the transition to the rule of the people. These bode well for us.”

“However, it has come to my attention that certain companies and individuals that have been so vital to assuring our food supply fear instability. Rest assured, no instability will come to Mastralos. These companies and individuals have my full support and my guarantee that it will be business as usual for them in our humble land.”

“Despite this progress and the improvements we have worked so hard to make, certain local interests are intent on cementing their positions. They rue and resist you and your power. They wish to ruin the hard-won security and prosperity that have now returned to Mastralos. A new report by the patriotic inspectors at the Ministry of Agriculture has outlined attempts to sabotage our food supply once more. Luckily, we have caught those responsible and confiscated any and all tainted food while potential replacement sources have been identified.”

“I cannot wait for what the future promises!”

“God bless Mastralos!”

日本太平洋帝国帝国外務省の公式声明
Official Communique from the Imperial Foreign Ministry of Affairs of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States

(Image)
From: The Imperial Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States, Imperial Foreign Minister, Head of the 5th Regency House of Takatsukasa, Kyoko Takatsukasa

Good day, I am Regent Kyoko Takatsukasa of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States, the Shogun herself, Yuuhi Koubuin would wish to extend talks of agricultural treaties and other economic treaties such as arms contracts with your country. I shall be awaiting your word.
Signed. Imperial Foreign Minister of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States, Head of the 5th Regency House of Takatsukasa, Regent Kyoko Takatsukasa

Encryption: High

To: The Imperial Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States, Imperial Foreign Minister, Head of the 5th Regency House of Takatsukasa, Kyoko Takatsukasa
From: The Office of Giovanni Romero, Chief Advisor to General Tomas Bustamante of the Republic of Mastralos

Greetings your Highness,
May I thank you both personally and on behalf of my people for your communication. This timing is most opportune.

The simple answer is that we are certainly interested in talks on such matters. However, due to the exigencies we currently face, we ask that these talks be held securely and in a discreet manner.

In any case, we hope that discussions are fruitful and benefit both of our nations greatly.

Sincerely,
[Signed]
Giovanni Romero, Chief Advisor to General Tomas Bustamante of the Republic of Mastralos
Last edited by Mastralos on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:46 pm

The Foreign Ministry of the Japanese Empire, Kyoto, Honshu, Mainland Japan, The Empire of Japan

Kyoko smiled at the returning communique, well atleast they were open to talks. Other countries before in the past hadn't been so open to talks with the Japanese Empire... That went about as well as one would expect. Kyoko began writing back a communique for the government of Mastralos and afterwards she spoke with the head of the navy, newly recovered from the attempt on his life by communists in Qaidi, the Minister of Economic Affairs of the Japanese Empire, Regent Kujou of the fourth regency house, and a few other corporate heads of Japanese industry namely the weapons industry of the Japanese Empire.

日本太平洋帝国帝国外務省の公式声明

We thank you for getting back to us on this matter, if you wish then the persons that are to be involved can either come to Kyoto for these talks. Or if you wish, I as well as the other representatives of the Shogunate may come to Mastralos. However of course given the general area, we will have to come by sea given a near by North African country is a danger to aircraft of the Japanese Empire, given their civil war and Japan's own hand in helping the provisional government there, as is if the meeting is to be held in Mastralos, we will have to arrive by sea, either way you wish to proceed is alright by the Shogunate.

It is also desired by the Shogunate that we, if you would wish to. Negotiate the use of certain military ports by the Imperial Japanese Navy to refuel and re-supply instead of having to leave the Med and return to ports in India and Australia for refuelling and rearming.
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:All is well

Return to International Incidents