NATION

PASSWORD

New Edom and the Age of Glory (MT, please TG for entry)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neue Regensburg
Secretary

Founded: Jan 19, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neue Regensburg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:56 pm

New Edom wrote:Lanxi

Meier shouted, “DOCTOR HERMANN, COME QUICK! He then had Father Constantine try to reason with the officer.

“What are you doing?” the officer demanded angrily. “Do you see what your idiots have done, they have harmed His Excellency! This is outrageous!”

Doctor Hermann, at least nominally protected by the friars, moved to examine the official. He wanted to douse the wound with alcohol, and bandage it. “Sir, May we have permission to treat you. I apologize for these fanatics.”

The officer was slightly mollified by his manner, even if it was brusque and barbarous. “Well, that’s a little better, Mr. Foreign Priest, even if it is ridiculous, an outrage, and utter incompetence. You are all fools and will pay for your crimes, but your compliance now I hope…”

Meier continued chastising Deacon Yo. “In the name of our Lord, do not cause the death of our children, Yo!”

Yo did not respond, but produced from his robes a Molotov Cocktail and took a lighter. He lit it and threw.

Everyone was so distracted that no one noticed until it was too late, and so poor soldier second class Wu was struck and stared in shock in a split second as flaming fuel flowed over his body, the heat and the flash of agony tearing into him, so that he shrieked in agony. The others near him were scattered with burning fragments and tried to slap at them but found the sticky burning stuff was painfully hot, and began tearing at their clothing to escape it.

One man with presence tore off his jacket and tried to slap at the flames with it, but the man was hardly standing still.

“Fire! Shoot them! They’re trying to kill us!” another soldier said, and fired his rifle at Yo. Immediately, several other soldiers opened fire as well, desperation and determination mixed on their faces.

A young Yo muttered under his breath, "Son of Heaven, grant me the wisdom of the Buddhas," as he walked towards the examination facility. He was not Han, but his family had served the Empire faithfully for several years. He had lost his beloved father and older brother to war when he was six, and his poor mother endured with grace the abuses laid on her by corrupt officials. Yo saw how poorly his mother was treated, and at nine decided that he would study his hardest to become the best official ever. He stopped talking to his friends, and stayed after school every day to get help on his schoolwork.

His family was ethnically Hoklo, a minority in Hostilia, but Yo believed in the fairness and righteousness of the Emperor and his government, and wanted to do right by him. He entered the humble shack, where a mid-level Imperial official was waiting. Yo answered every question truthfully and with the eloquence of a Confucian scholar, and the examination official told him to come back the next day. He had said, "I have never seen a non-Han with such intelligence! Surely the magistrate will agree to give you a job." However, when he came back the next day, he was flatly told that he did not make the cut. He saw his childhood bully and intellectual inferior, Din Ma, greeted by the magistrate with a smile.

After this event, Yo resented the Empire greatly. He frequented the bars, opium dens and brothels of Lanxi every night, drinking, smoking and screwing the pain away. This would continue for several years, until a foreigner arrived on the shores of Lanxi.

Father Meier arrived on the shores of Hostilia alone at night, having been smuggled in by sympathetic Catholics from der Diamondkueste. He had a Bible, a Rosary, simple medical equipment and a prayer in his heart. Knowing Latin as all Regensburgers did, he would be able to communicate at least somewhat with the villagers. Meier found an empty barn, and in his simple clerical clothing, made a pillow of hay and went to sleep. When he awoke, he entered the destitute village, and went to the temple to preach as Jesus had. He would extol the love of Christ for days and nights on end, everybody listening, but mostly to laugh at him.

One day, however, the Elder of the village, Shin, came to him as he entered the barn to pray. "Father," he began in heavily accented Han Latin, "My son is sick. Can you heal him?" Father Meier had studied medicine at seminary, and would be known as a doctor in the now first world nation of Regensburg if he hadn't decided to become a priest. "Of course, Elder. It would be my great honor to heal your son." When Meier arrived, the child was heavily coughing. Within moments, Meier deduced that the poor baby had bronchitis. Usually, that would be a simple fix, but here, without antibiotics, the kid would die. He quickly fashioned a makeshift IV, and hooked it up to the child.

He would stay by the kid's bedside for 10 days and nights, administering antibiotics and praying. When the child was healed, Shin stared into his eyes. "Father, you have shown great kindness, of which I have not seen from the people of my own faith. I want to learn more about your religion." Meier instructed Shin about the fundamentals, Jesus Christ dying on the cross for mankind, and then moved on to more complex topics. The Elder listened intently especially to the stories of the Saints, including Bartholomew, founder of Regensburg. He found a hope in his heart, and a faith in both God and man that he had never experienced.

The entire village was invited to Shin's baptism and confirmation. The ceremony was a Low Mass, much less musical than the typical Regensburger mass, a Solemn High Mass with song, incense and an organ. However, it was captivatingly beautiful. The beauty in such squalid circumstances was enough to make many consider conversion, but after a speech by Shin and his subsequent allowing of Meier to teach in the village, most converted over the next two years.

One of these was Yo, who found hope in the message of Christ. Shin and Meier were delighted when he offered to lead Bible studies. Eventually, around 75 men and boys would attend, a secret rule of his being no women, ostensibly so the men could discuss more sensitive topics, but in reality so Yo wasn't "tempted".

Lanxi was a Catholic town now, and Meier had been elevated to Bishop and smuggled back over the course of a week with a group of 5 Dominican friars, an old friend from seminary, 5 Benedictine nuns and two doctors.

The village had built a humble church, and the temple by contrast was rarely used. Life seemed to be looking up, but two events would lead to the deadly confrontation a year from then. First was that the remaining Buddhists and Confucians had reported the village to the local magistrate. The second, and more dangerous incident, was Yo's radical ideology. He had interpreted the Bible more and more literally every time he read it, until while Meier was being elevated to Bishop in Regensburg, he had crossed into heresy. His followers heard that all Christians should strive for a martyr's death, preferably fighting their oppressors, so they could attain the Crown of Heaven. They began worshiping Yo in a way similar to how the Emperor was venerated, and planned to kill the local magistrate. The rest of the village stayed away, as Yo and his followers kept their death cult a secret.

Meier, on the other hand, taught tolerance of all people, fidelity to God and the Church and love of all, including their oppressors. Martyrdom of the heart was to be preformed, so that they lived every day the best they could be.

Present

Yo and his cultists continued their charge, fire notwithstanding. 10 or so fell at the first volley, but Yo held up a cross and shouted, "ONWARDS TO HEAVEN! GOD WILLS IT! GOD WILLS IT! KILL THESE HEATHEN FOOLS"

Father Constantine shouted, "YO, YOU KNOW WHAT SCRIPTURE SAYS ABOUT HE WHO CALLS HIS BROTHER A FOOL!"

Yo said, "These men are my enemies, not my brothers."

Meier asked, "Did Christ not love his enemies?

Yo said, "He never suffered under this regime."

Horrified by the implications of Yo's statement, Shin shouted, "HERESY! YOU WISH TO CALL OUR LORD'S STRUGGLES INFERIOR TO YOUR OWN?!"

Yo did not respond.

Meier, Constantine, Shin and the true Catholics that had advanced from the praying masses stood to the right of the skirmish line, by the official and officer. Those that prayed in front of the church were directly in the sight of both groups.

A beloved little girl in the village, Hai Lan, picked a flower and tried to give it to one of the Hostilian soldiers, wanting peace. She was killed by a rock thrown by Yo himself, which fractured her innocent, tiny skull.

Meier told the officer, "Please, no more. This man is not one of us anymore. Our scriptures do not teach this kind of anarchic violence. He killed Hai!" Meier, before dignified and strong, wept as Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane. Father Constantine told the official everything about Yo, and waited for a response. Shin tried to comfort the Bishop, praying with him as they feared for their people.

Doctor Hermann began treating the official, knowing well it could mean his demise, but determined to prove the peaceful intentions of Catholicism to the Hostilians.
Last edited by Neue Regensburg on Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011

Postby New Edom » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:02 pm

Lanxi

The officer was appalled by what had happened. “Cease firing. Cease firing!” he shouted.

Looking with distaste and sorrow at the dead and wounded, he said, “This is awful. Foreign priest, this is all your fault! Is a father not responsible for the misdeeds of his son? May he disavow his actions when the son has lived in his house all his life and may he not see the results of his own actions in the folly of his progeny?”

The officer raised his weapon and took aim at Yo, who was clearly a mad dog, and fired several rounds at him. Then he ordered his soldiers to arrest the surviving clergy.

“Enough of your babbling,” he warned Meier. “One more word--hey you, get away from him with your stupid barbarian witch doctory!” he roared.

“Help, he’s trying to murder me!” moaned the Imperial Agent deliriously, feebly trying to push the mission doctor away.

“All you foreign priests, get in the truck there now,” ordered the officer. “The rest of you, I’m leaving five of my men here. We will take our own wounded with us.”

“I think Sho Lin is a goner, sir,” said one of the soldiers, crouching on the ground near the badly burned man. He had a look of barely suppressed horror on his face.

“Fucking savages,” spat a soldier.

“Let’s do this place! Let’s do the whole fucking village!” shouted another.

“Enough’s enough! Follow my orders, everyone of you!” screamed the officer. “No more arguing! No more talking! Do what I say!”

In his heart he was sick that this had happened. He had a little girl of his own. How could these barbarians do this, their foolish actions clearly leading to the death of this child? This was what came of permitting their chaotic, crazy ideas into the Middle Kingdom...
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Neue Regensburg
Secretary

Postby Neue Regensburg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:57 pm

The officer was appalled by what had happened. “Cease firing. Cease firing!” he shouted.

Looking with distaste and sorrow at the dead and wounded, he said, “This is awful. Foreign priest, this is all your fault! Is a father not responsible for the misdeeds of his son? May he disavow his actions when the son has lived in his house all his life and may he not see the results of his own actions in the folly of his progeny?”

The officer raised his weapon and took aim at Yo, who was clearly a mad dog, and fired several rounds at him. Then he ordered his soldiers to arrest the surviving clergy.

“Enough of your babbling,” he warned Meier. “One more word--hey you, get away from him with your stupid barbarian witch doctory!” he roared.

“Help, he’s trying to murder me!” moaned the Imperial Agent deliriously, feebly trying to push the mission doctor away.

“All you foreign priests, get in the truck there now,” ordered the officer. “The rest of you, I’m leaving five of my men here. We will take our own wounded with us.”

“I think Sho Lin is a goner, sir,” said one of the soldiers, crouching on the ground near the badly burned man. He had a look of barely suppressed horror on his face.

“Fucking savages,” spat a soldier.

“Let’s do this place! Let’s do the whole fucking village!” shouted another.

“Enough’s enough! Follow my orders, everyone of you!” screamed the officer. “No more arguing! No more talking! Do what I say!”

In his heart he was sick that this had happened. He had a little girl of his own. How could these barbarians do this, their foolish actions clearly leading to the death of this child? This was what came of permitting their chaotic, crazy ideas into the Middle Kingdom...

Normally, Meier would have resisted with his whole heart and soul, but seeing Yo, who indeed was like a son to him, cause the death of Hai Lin, he fainted. Father Constantine and his Friars quickly surrounded the Bishop, having heard stories of what Hostilians did to their prisoners. The mad dogs gone, the nuns walked forward as well, and then seemingly the entire village. They all had rosaries, or their hands in the air, to indicate their non-violent nature.

Unbeknownst to the Hostilians, when Meier had talked to Yo, he had let a paper go. It read in Latin, “Meier, Apostate Bishop, Enemy of the Faith. He must die with the officials for Lanxi to be truly free. In the name of Yo, Son of Heaven through Christ, be blessed” Constantine saw Meier clutching it, and Fathers Dominic and Johann picked it up. Their only hope was that the Hostilians would not arrest them, and this was the key.

Father Constantine, still near the official, produced the paper. “You mean to tell me that the Bishop is responsible for a sect created to destroy him?! We are missionaries, not intelligence operatives, and to arrest us would only make matters worse.“

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Lanxi

The officer could not believe his senses. In spite of the death and carnage, in spite of the clear violation of the law, in spite of his warnings, again, the foreign priests chose to ignore him. His men looked surprised too.

One of them was waving a piece of paper, shouting at him, and the officer felt the veins in his head throbbing. He began to pistol whip Constantine, and if he did not defend himself would of it until the man at least stopped talking. "You internal idiot, get in that truck or I eill cut you in pieces!"

Following his example, one of the soldiers rammed his rifle butt at Meier, and if he did not resist, manhandled him brutally towards the truck. If they could not force them to the truck, the soldiers simply shot them all, every single one of them, for their obdurate defiance.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Neue Regensburg
Secretary

Postby Neue Regensburg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:34 pm

The officer could not believe his senses. In spite of the death and carnage, in spite of the clear violation of the law, in spite of his warnings, again, the foreign priests chose to ignore him. His men looked surprised too.

One of them was waving a piece of paper, shouting at him, and the officer felt the veins in his head throbbing. He began to pistol whip Constantine, and if he did not defend himself would of it until the man at least stopped talking. "You internal idiot, get in that truck or I eill cut you in pieces!"

Following his example, one of the soldiers rammed his rifle butt at Meier, and if he did not resist, manhandled him brutally towards the truck. If they could not force them to the truck, the soldiers simply shot them all, every single one of them, for their obdurate defiance.

Constantine stood up amid the pistol whipping, and two of his Friars, along with Sister Anja Toren And two Benedictine nuns. They defiantly began arguing how they shouldn’t be arrested. Sister Anja said, “You come to this village and kill our children, in the name of peace?! What kind of serenity and peace can your Middle Kingdom provide, that Christ cannot? Isn’t, then, your law against Christianity useless?” One of the friars clenched his fist, but Constantine laid his bloody hand on his shoulder, telling him “We do not so much as raise a fist to them.” The small group of ordained religious continued to argue, unabated by any form of punishment.

Father Zettic, on the other hand, shouted, “Take us that don’t resist. Just, no more blood, please, for the name of our Lord!” Those that hadn’t risen were praying, a vast majority, on their knees, and they, one by one, nodded their assent to Zettic’s plea. They rose, places their hands above their heads, and began chanting, “Requiem” as they prepared to be captured.

Meier continued to lay unconscious, in shock from the attack.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:44 pm

Lanxi

Constantine stood up amid the pistol whipping, and two of his Friars, along with Sister Anja Toren And two Benedictine nuns. They defiantly began arguing how they shouldn’t be arrested. Sister Anja said, “You come to this village and kill our children, in the name of peace?! What kind of serenity and peace can your Middle Kingdom provide, that Christ cannot? Isn’t, then, your law against Christianity useless?” One of the friars clenched his fist, but Constantine laid his bloody hand on his shoulder, telling him “We do not so much as raise a fist to them.” The small group of ordained religious continued to argue, unabated by any form of punishment.

“Shut up, you stupid whore,” snarled one of the soldiers, slapping Sister Anja around with a hard hand, “There’s your slave-god’s peace!” and he pointed at the poor burned soldier. “You want a bayonet up your ass? Get in that trucki!” He fetched her a hard kick in her bottom and slammed a boot into her gut as well to shut her mouth up and then hauled her like meat up into the truck.

“You mouthy bastard, keep it shut!” screamed one of the soldiers at Constantine. He slammed rifle butt into the small of his back. “Get in that truck you idiot!”

Father Zettic, on the other hand, shouted, “Take us that don’t resist. Just, no more blood, please, for the name of our Lord!” Those that hadn’t risen were praying, a vast majority, on their knees, and they, one by one, nodded their assent to Zettic’s plea. They rose, places their hands above their heads, and began chanting, “Requiem” as they prepared to be captured.

“What’s this, sanity?” growled a grizzled soldier, gesturing his rifle. “Alright, get up, get in the truck! Move it, you filth!” However if Father Zettoc and those imitating him were cooperating their were not dealt with too roughly.

He was hauled up, knocked out as he was, and thrown in the truck with the others.

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:04 am

MV Walserberg
Sometime Before the Present

"It's 'Patrol Captain,' not 'Madam,'" she corrected curtly. "And yes, we have docking facilities," she said with what she hoped was impatience. In the Railtic language many emotional nuances were conveyed with hand gestures and facial tics rather than vocal cues, which led many foreigners to find Shrailleeni somewhat emotionless. The problem was less common from those of the lower class like herself, who were accustomed to more unrefined emotion.

"Tugboats are already on route to guide your vessel into the port. One would think that if you had intended to make port here you would already know this," she said flippantly. Then, under her breath, she whispered "useless foreigners" in Railti.

"No need to inspect the ship," she continued in Latin. "I will leave that to the customs house. The Enlightened Matriarchy is only concerned with what you bring ashore. Your passengers can apply for entrance visas upon arrival, and if they must stay overnight," she attempted to put emphasis on 'must,' "they will be free to stay at one of the berths permitted by the Empire of Hostillia for Shrailleeni use on the docklands."

She added after this, "the Enlightened Matriarchy places value on our trade with the Confederacy of Helvetia, without it you would have been turned away. The Helvetian ambassador will be hearing about this discrepancy," she concluded.

After this, assuming that there were no more pressing questions, the Patrol Captain would depart, and the ship would be permitted to make berth.
Last edited by The Shrailleeni Empire on Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

The Shrailleeni Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2011

Postby The Shrailleeni Empire » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:38 am

Harbor District, Bei'esse
Mudanliang, the Empire of Shrailleen
Present Day

Before the treaty between the Divine Empire of Hostillia had been established with the Cornellian powers of New Edom, Adiron, Shrailleen, Chaco, and Rome, Beigang had been established as an exclusive trade zone between the Shrailleeni and the Hostillians. The Enlightened Matriarchy had managed to establish a special relationship with the inner court of Hostillia, with the Mother Empress's own niece becoming a fast friend to the Divine Princess of Hostillia. But there were some barriers that simply could not be overcome with the friendship of women in a patriarchal land. The Shrailleeni had been granted the privilege of trade with the Middle Kingdom, but only in Beigang and then only from beyond a wall that was constructed to keep the Xiǎo Hēi Rén Jìnǚ from tainting the Han population with their filthy foreign ways.

With the establishment of the treaty, the status of the harbor in Beigang had shifted imperceptibly. Originally meant to isolate and denigrate the Shrailleeni, the Enlightened Matriarchy had transformed the harbor into the bastion of their power in Beigang. The laws of Hostillia had no place on the Shrailleeni side of the wall, which was governed as if it were sovereign Shrailleeni land. At every entrance to the port were Shrailleeni military checkpoints, lined with sandbags and hard-faced Shrailleeni soldiers armed with machine guns and rifles. APCs loomed in the background as reminders of Shrailleeni power. Anyone who wanted to enter or leave the port had to present their papers and declare all goods, and if the soldiers did not like what they saw they reserved the right to deny entry or exit to anyone.

When the riots in Beigang began these checkpoints became bastions of Shrailleeni security. Frightened Shrailleeni citizens, or those of other treaty powers, streamed into the port area and the soldiers did not give their usual stern inspection to their papers. Anyone who looked Han, though, was double-checked and mostly denied entry. Toward the height of the riots, members of the Han militia began to appear at the checkpoints. The women employed by the Shrailleeni administrator as police were harried-looking, some of them injured, but their badges marked them as members of the Shrailleeni government and they were permitted inside the port. All told nearly thirty of them made it inside before the crowds began to form.

The Han of Beigang viewed the insults of the Xiǎo Hēi Rén Jìnǚ as stemming from their contamination of the port, and therefore its walls stood as a physical manifestation of their presence. They gathered at the checkpoints, shouting insults and condemnation at the Shrailleeni regulars who manned them. The Shrailleeni watched with stoic expressions that belied their agitation.

That the situation had turned completely south was no more evident to anyone than it was to Battle Sub-Matriarch Kelterra Verretan, commander of all Shrailleeni regular forces in Mudanliang. From her headquarters in the port, which was little more than a glorified warehouse, she was kept abreast of the uprising in the city. And things did not look good, reports from the Bei'esse Militia suggested that they had completely lost control of the city and the Administrator was no longer responding to communication. Several Shrailleeni merchants were unaccounted for in the city, and Kelterra feared the worst. She cursed the Han, the New Edomites, and the Chacoans for this disaster, even though (or perhaps exactly because) she had nothing more than rumor to blame for this situation. And thanks to the Enlightened Representative, Kelterra's forces were either holed up in the port or stretched thin patrolling the countryside.

She had two Commands worth of cavalry heading toward the city now. It left much of the countryside undefended, but she had no other option. Kalko-based cavalry excelled at controlling crowds of people, they could move quickly and deploy non-lethal force as well as carry mortars and other heavy weapons for judicious use. Not to mention that the sheer sight of the giant birds, a novelty to the superstitious Hostillians, carried its own impact. Even so it would be some time before her pacification operation could begin.

Thankfully, she had one final card to play in this disaster, loathe as she was to play it.
أدرس اللغة العربية وهي لغة جميلة
Mother of One, Mother of All
Ask Me Anything IC
Come to the Mother's Embrace
New Edom wrote:Elizabeth Salt remarked, "It's amazing, isn't it, you rarely see modern troops that wear their 19th century uniforms and gear so well--they must drill all the time. Is this a guards outfit?"

Sif said to her, "This is a modern Shrailleeni Empire military parade. Like as in this is what they wear, this is what they use. This is it."

Republica De Gran Chaco
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:48 am

The Great River, Hostillia

The boats of the Chacano expedition had been unloading men and equipment for several hours and there was no immediate stop in sight, even as darkness was falling. The marines had landed first and had sent out patrols supported by their VBCIs. They were followed by the Rifles and the Army who sent out some line companies for security, while others were made to stay put to help to unload heavier equipment like vehicles. It was a tricky job trying to get everything off of the barges that were not very suited to land things onto a beach directly.

Over on one barge that had been rammed towards the bank, some soldiers from the had spent too much time trying to construct a ramp to get some land rovers off with what local materials they had scrounged including some logs and a piece of corrugated tin from the roof of a nearby home. They had problems sinking into the mud, and having the barge drift a bit in the current. They were laughing at yelling at each other much to the anger of a nearby gunnery sergeant, who came and dressed them down for not using the ramping equipment that had been stowed on the inside of the barge.

Much of the ammunition and fuel was to remain loaded on cargo boats, under escort of the big guns. These things would be shuttled back and forth on LCUs when they were needed, but still trucks would carry as much as they could to support the movement on land. The advance would be on foot and would approach the city over the course of the next two days. Bryan had secured his open land rover, and was using it to cruise from company to company to inspect the line. Most of his battalion would be moving on foot with the exception of headquarters company that had trucks. Four Ratel 90s had been secured as support for his battalion and were being used to scout ahead.

The riflemen had fired warning shots at any group that tried to gather to watch the landings and several local officials had been detained when a small village had been occupied by Baker Company. They would be released once the town was objective city was taken, and an official apology had been issued as well as reparations to the families of the sailors who were killed and wounded, as well as any soldiers who may be on the expedition. The force would also demand the return of the Edomite woman in order to present her to what ever Edomite force was to follow. Failure to do this would result in the destruction and stripping of the city.

It was very strait forward, and Bryan hoped that it would be over within a couple of weeks. He had been in a foul mood, and he noticed that many of his staff avoided him unless it was necessary. That hurt Bryan, but also infuriated him. He had been particularly cold with the local Hostillian officials in the village and ordered them gagged when they tried to speak with him. Bryan’s soldiers were thirsting for a fight after all of the disappointment in Gavinium, and he was willing to let them off of the leash.

Yanque, Chaco

The Events in New Edom had been concerning to Prime Minister Luis Fernando Trujillo Suyco. He sat quietly chain-smoking cigarettes in his office reading the responses of the international community. Threats of war, hostile statements declared before the end of the riots. Foreign embassies keeping Edomite citizens. If the number one imperial power of Cornellia could be treated with such disregard, then where would that land Chaco? Luis was not about to be silent on the issue. He wanted to reassure his citizens, and Chaco’s partners that they would be reliable. He had a short address prepared to read.

Tonight, my heart goes out to all the citizens and subjects of the Empire of New Edom. Dealing with strife and insurrection is a sad hardship that so many Chacanos have had to face throughout their lives, and we empathize with those poor souls who are facing this horror across the ocean. My prayers are fore the families of those who lost loved ones in the horrific bombings that took place in Fineberg, and with King-Emperor Elijah, and his wife Queen-Empress Mara. May the lord guide them and give them wisdom through the tough times to come. I can empathize with them as it was only four years ago that bombs rocked the Wititi festival that was taking place in the city of Chivay. I do not envy the work that Elijah and Mara will face, but I would want them to know, that they have the support of Gran Chaco in their endeavors for stability in their nation.

The government of the Republic of Gran Chaco has always supported stability throughout the region. Through stability the holy goal of peace can be achieved. Gran Chaco and her neighbors have been no stranger to conflict and instability. They have suffered at the hands of enemies both foreign and domestic, and yet Chaco still strives to develop a peaceful society through its actions. Further multilateral cooperation has been achieved in Ayaca, all with the goal of supporting one another through increased cooperation.

As the Chacano government with the support of the member nations of the Organization of Ayacan States had recently extended its sphere of protection, the same stability and security that is pursued in Ayaca must be pursued in the extended territory. The area in the southern part of Ceti collectively called Arcologia deserves the same security to develop their future that every independent nation deserves. Both the people of Arcologia and Ayaca, have a sacred right to the same independence to achieve their own destinies that states across Cornellia have, and as such are to remain closed from further development and interference from foreign nations.

Gran Chaco salutes the work done in foreign dependencies of Arcologia by nations such as The Holy Empire of New Edom, and has no desire or intentions of changing the status of those dependencies, or of even protesting their existence. Such dependencies are currently an immense benefit to the area, and can shine as an example for the locals to develop their own states. The Nations of Arcologia who are now free and independent have the support of the Chacano government to remain so.

World events, particularly those in New Edom, show just how vulnerable such people can be. The overenthusiastic international response, including threats of military intervention, to a nation as powerful and with such strong leadership as New Edom should be daunting to the free nations of Cornellia. All Citizens of Gran Chaco and its overseas territories, and their neighbors in Ayaca, and Arcologia should take note of these events. These people shall have the protection of the government of Gran Chaco.

Goodnight and God Bless you all.
كان التيز سمين

Neue Regensburg
Secretary

Postby Neue Regensburg » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:26 pm

“Shut up, you stupid whore,” snarled one of the soldiers, slapping Sister Anja around with a hard hand, “There’s your slave-god’s peace!” and he pointed at the poor burned soldier. “You want a bayonet up your ass? Get in that trucki!” He fetched her a hard kick in her bottom and slammed a boot into her gut as well to shut her mouth up and then hauled her like meat up into the truck.

“You mouthy bastard, keep it shut!” screamed one of the soldiers at Constantine. He slammed rifle butt into the small of his back. “Get in that truck you idiot!”

“What’s this, sanity?” growled a grizzled soldier, gesturing his rifle. “Alright, get up, get in the truck! Move it, you filth!” However if Father Zettoc and those imitating him were cooperating their were not dealt with too roughly.

Those who submitted and Meier entered the trucks willingly, or in Meier’s case, unconsciously.

He was hauled up, knocked out as he was, and thrown in the truck with the others.

Anja, tenacious since her impoverished youth, spat on the soldier’s shoe as he carried her away. Though Father Constantine warned her against signs of rage, an issue Anja had always dealt with, you couldn’t get by on the streets with a smile and a friendly demeanor. Even being a nun didn’t completely wipe out that aspect of her character.

Constantine, however, did not suddenly submit. He instead rose up from another beating and began praying, rather loudly, for the conversion of these “oppressors”.

The Friars and nuns planted themselves on their knees, praying a Rosary for the conversion of these “heathens,” oblivious to the fact that the Hostilians were growing extremely impatient.
Last edited by Neue Regensburg on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:29 pm

Bethel
New Edomite Hostillia

Colonel Joseph Estrada woke up at 1 a.m, his wife, Anna, was still sleeping by his side. Getting up he found a notebook and a pen. He wrote a note, folded it into a bird using origami Griffon (the flightless bird endemic to their native land) and placed the paper bird next to the sleeping woman.HeI started to get dress and putting on his shoes, walking back to the bedroom, he smiled gazing at the sleeping Sarah. Silently he made my way towards her and kissed her lips. With the same silence and panther like stealth, he exited the bedroom and out of the apartment. Waiting for the elevator he fondled his jacket's pocket finding his cell phone, flipping the phone open. He pushed voice activation and called out a number.

"Colonel good morning sir," answered his trusted second in command.

"Micah, how far away are you from the port?"

"We will arrive at five a.m. sir."

"Good, I wanted the First Battalion to be on the ground by six a. m."

"Yes sir," Lieutenant-Colonel Micah Crabel replied, "we will be ready sir."

"See you on four hours Micah," He flipped the phone closed as the elevator door opened, he walked in, his clenched fist pounded on the ground floor button and waited for the elevator door to close.

He got out of the ground floor and walked towards the front desk. An elderly Haklo man eyed him and bowed, and smiled as Estrada reached his post.

“Good morning, Your Excellency. You are up early today!” said the old man heartily.

"Early to bed, early to rise, Yang. I need a taxi," Colonel Estrada said. .

"Coming right up sir," the man picked up a phone and dialed a number.

The River Port, Bethel

Elements of the Second Battalion, 7th Marine Infantry Regiment started to disembark from a smaller cargo ship, since the Super Cargo Ship that the regiment uses for transport was too huge to lie in port. There is no other alternative but to hire smaller cargo ships to bring the regiment to disembark. Crabel was barking orders on the mouthpiece of his communication system, dictating instructions on what task force to be loaded on which three smaller cargo ships that will bring them to port and disembark. Unfortunately, due to misunderstandings in the manifest papers, the first to be brought to the port are the administration battalion which is the Headquarters battalion. Fifty large cargo combat trucks, fifty Luchs multi-purpose, six wheeled combat vehicles, 50 Fuchs like recon vehicles, 10 Entlein CERVs. The personnel of the admin battalion followed, the men piled in the vehicles as the drivers took both the vehicles and its occupants near the gate of the port, ready to be deployed to their designated Supply Depot and Headquarters area. The men were wearing the new tropical dress, olive drab with shaded helmets, combat webbing, high water-proofed boots.

At another pier farther down, the Imperial Mounted Artillery was also parading. They were a Haklo regiment predominantly, one of the non-Han ethnicities of Hostillia. They were predominantly a riverine people, and had been their own kingdom in antiquity. Not only a fishing folk, but also with their own strains of pottery, architecture, textile making and writing, many of them supported New Edomite policy as a means of gaining their own sovereignty. So this was a proud unit, in its 3rd generation, trained in the Baran manner. The officers were mostly Barans, but there were now junior officers from the Haklo. They wore pith helmets, shorts, puttees and short sleeved shirts due to the climate, but the officers wore the kepi. The commanding officer, Colonel Shimei, had actually been born in Hostillia and was very attached to the culture and the unit. They were ruthlessly drilled, were subjected to the internal discipline of the regiment. Unlike with the Damocleans, the Hostillian culture also lent itself very well to self discipline and pride, and their timing, their movement, planning, and handling of their mortars, rockets and light howitzers was held as a sacred trust. They were very zealous Christians of the Apostolic Church, and the clans that supported the regiment often sent at least one son to the regiment. It was the best of the native regiments in the province. On parade, they were armed with MAS-49s which were the standard main small arm of the Hostillian Native Contingents.

In a nearby warehouse, Lieutenant-Colonel Sarah Wendt stretched from her chair and yawns. It had been 12 hours since she started to organize the signals and communications of the assembling units. She stood up and walked out of the warehouse, her blonde bob ruffling as the wind blew it from the breeze, her slender elegant body attracted attention from any man that she walked pass. Her ivory and peach complexion, the swells of her bottom swaying subtly, the contrast of lightly tanned flesh with her uniform drew them but her rank deterred them.

On the river, their transports awaited. Wendt checked her watch and then began to approach the circle of senior officers near the main command center. It was time to oversee the embarkation; it was time to get on the move. On the way she encountered Colonel Estrada getting out of a taxi.

Seeing the man, she was reminded of Bryan, unaccountably, and briefly wondered what the hell they had actually done, and if she’d see him again, and then thrust it from her mind. Estrada was a handsome officer, dark olive skinned with short near dark curly hair, and was descended from an Ayacan officer who had helped the rebellion of Adah the Liberator as an artillery commander. His eyes swept over her, and she felt a little thrill, he just couldn’t help but check her out even though she had heard he was happily married.

‘Colonel,” she said crisply.

“Colonel,” he said politely. “Er, nice to see you again.”

Wendt knew that he was also an important man. He had been one of General Unwerth’s aides during the First Civil War, and had then been made a battalion commander and returned to his old regiment after the 2nd, and had assumed regimental recently. “And you, Colonel.”

“I must be off to my regiment, if you’ll excuse me,” he inclined his head politely.

“And I...must get to headquarters.” They exchanged bows and moved apart.

I am needed. I am an important officer. Wendt felt her hurt deeply though, almost irrationally, that he acted so chilly in public, as she went to join HQ and prepare to organize the embarcation.
Last edited by New Edom on Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011

Postby McNernia » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:09 pm

MV Walserberg
Bei'esse
Mudanliang

Some Time Before Riots Broke out in Shraileeni Administered Hostillia

“I Confess Patrol Captian that I was not given much in the way of Data about the port. They said I was to go here and that is where I go. I am master of this ship but I am bound to masters of my own.”

Before that there would have been traffic to major ports in Cornellia of interregional ships. But Helvetic importers were most inclined to get to the source of Hostillian luxury goods and it was discovered that there was information technology. Computers and such from Mcnernia aboard. The captian would allow the inspection by Her Englightened Majesty’s customs once the mammoth ship was secured the to pier. The tugs would have not the hardest time of moving the Walserberg alongside the quay. But one would notice her, from her bridge you could perceive things over the walls of the city.

Chun would say that he was here on business. One of many seeking to establish connections. He was here to reach out to Hostillians, though customs would not know of that. On the surface he was here for a client to get clothes or something. Luxury goods. Is what he said. He had another mission, to get a message to the Hostillian authorities.

But parameters had changed. Things were changing back in Mcnernia. And this could be an opportunity. He would merely find a lodging house or a hotel and settle in.

[i]Helvetic Embassy to the Enlightened Matriarchy
Sometime After the Walserberg Arriving.

The Ambassador of the Confederacy to the Englightened Matriarchy looked at the report. It was on the back of a summons to the Palace. The Mcnernians were using her country as a place to register ships, the big ones tended to rack up the fees and whatnot. To Bella Hafner a fluent latin speaker in addition to her native German it mattered not. She merely passed on the complaint to the government and would go to meet Foreign Minister Rensbruck.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax

Greater Dienstad
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Republica De Gran Chaco
Chargé d'Affaires

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Valcarlos

“We have new instructions from Yanque about the territorial claim that of the mainland that we now control.” Announced the governor’s deputy to the staff.

“Thank God, now we can know just what exactly we are going to have to deal with. What is it?” one of the staffers asked.

“To the headwaters of the rivers that have mouths in what was known as the Sican territory.” Came the answer.

Some people stared, while others grinned. That was a lot larger of a territory than they had first assumed. Some of the rivers even extended into the so called “Jekel Kingdom” and the “United Free State.” Clearly those people would have to try and negotiate for something if they wished to keep their local authority in power. Maybe they would just seize the river zone, though it may not come up as an issue for years as those headwaters were deep inland.

The deputy looked at the group, “Yes, I know what you all are thinking, but remember, this actually won’t be much of our work. We are letting companies bid for contracts, and much of the diplomatic stuff will be through the foreign ministry.”

The group all returned to their work, chattering to each other about their own wise predictions of the future, and what the new territorial claims, as well as the Prime Minister’s speech would mean for the new territory.

GCS Cazador

To: Captain Muñoz, GCS Cazador
Subject: New Orders
Security: Highest- Captains Eyes

In accordance with the wishes of the Prime Minister, the Cazador is to immediately begin patrolling of the straits in the area of the Diols, the coasts of the Arvo Nation, The North Arcologian Confederation, the Union of South Ceti and the Jekel Kingdom.

Your orders are to make sure that peace is enforced, and no foreign infringement is present. You may also treat with local leaders if deemed safe and possible. You may defend yourself if you as captain judge it to be a situation where lethal force is necessary to protect lives and property.

The PM’s goals and policy statement will follow.

Admiral Seminaro

Commander Mauricio Muñoz grinned as he read the orders. It was a great chance for him and his ship. An independent command in the style of the old navy. It was everything that a captain dreamed of. He stood in front of a mirror and checked that his khakis still looked fresh and properly pressed. He recombed his hair and grabbed his cover before grabbing his phone and ordering the ships department heads together for a meeting.

Muñoz lit a cigar and addressed all of the officers and the senior NCOs on the new orders. They spoke over their new orders and Muñoz made it clear what he expected of them. He went over the rules of engagement and they also discussed the feasibility of actually meeting with any of the tribal leaders on those God forsaken islands.

When the meeting with the leadership was finished, Muñoz then got on the ship’s speakers and announced it to the whole crew, “Remember, we are the first in this new patrol, we have the honor and authority to set the precedent. I expect that everyman will do his duty to uphold the honor of Chaco. We will be like the explorers of old, sailors and diplomats. We will show the flag abroad and enforce the security for Arcologia, and for Chaco.”

He finished his speech and walked to the bridge still smoking his cigar. Muñoz was the most excited that he had been since receiving his own command. His name and the name of the Cazador would go down in the history of the navy.

Lebrón

“I don’t care what she has to say, throw the dumb cow into the truck with the others! If these people are going to shoot at people trying to teach them to use trash cans then they can live out the rest of their lives on one of those volcanic shitholes they call islands.” Lieutenant Colonel Jaime Salinas yelled at the interpreter who was trying to get the words of a pleading old woman across to him. He was in a foul mood. Some government aid representatives had been killed, causing the marines to be brought in to try and apprehend the murderers. The village had tried to mount a resistance which had wounded some of Jaimes marines. He was furious, and had declared it a hostile village and marked it for immediate movement to the islands.

Jaime turns as some of his boys dragged her to the truck that would take them to a holding camp where they would be registered and await movement to their new homes. The village was quiet now, with the exceptions of Marines doing final checks for people and weapons. The fight had been quick but brutal, LAW rockets were fired into any hut that shot at Chacanos. The whole situation had put Jaime into a horrible mood, so when his intelligence officer came up to him with a stupid grin on his face, Jaime had the urge to punch him.

“Lieutenant Colonel Salinas! I have some news.” The captain said walking up.

“Can it wait?” Jaime asked.

“I think you will want to hear it.” The man said smirking. He wait a moment then continued, “You are friends with that hot countess from New Edom right? Sharra is her name?”

“Listen Captain, we had boys shot today what the hell are you trying to pull? You want to fuck with me on a day like this? Ill have you doing inventory in Arica so fast it will make your head spin!” Jaime said beginning to dress the man down.

“Sir, I was sent this from Major General Tomas. Before you destroy my career, just listen.” The captain said

Jaime fumed, but he kept his tongue in check, “Proceed.”

“Her dad just got promoted to be the President of the Council. The Foreign Ministry is trying to eye you for some kind of embassy job, but Major General Tomas is fighting to keep you in command.” The captain explained.

Jaime felt stumped. He was still mad, but he was grateful as could be for the news and thankful to Julian Tomas for watching out for him. He stood silent for a second and then answered, “Thank you Captain. That is important to me…Sorry for threatening you.”

The captain laughed, “Understandable sir, it’s been a rough day.”
كان التيز سمين

Arbites
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby Arbites » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:35 pm

New Serrice Cathedral
Magus Civitas, Imperium of Arbites Materia

The New Serrice Cathedral was an imposing, symmetrical, and ornate Gothic structure in the exact center of the city, its marble facade nearly incandescent where the sunlight touched it. A one hundred meter spire towered up from the center of the central nave, with many other smaller pinnacles and spires jutting up from the facade and the roof. Light would stream in through the large stained glass windows, including a large rose window behind the altar. On either side of the structure were flying buttresses, supporting the forty meter high vaulted ceilings within. At the foot of the facade was Cathedral Square, a large open space with different types of stone forming geometric patterns. At present the square was mostly empty. There was no traffic on the street just outside.

The doors of the cathedral swung open and a number of police officers in long dark winter coats formed a cordon to the street. A line of dark-colored vehicles arrived. Chilly-looking passersby started to line up, but the police cordon kept them all at a distance.

After a few minutes, a crowd appeared at the gate. There were at least two bishops in all their finery, attended to by a platoon of acolytes. Men were wearing fine dark overcoats which hid well-tailored wool suits and expensive silk ties, while on their arms were women in furs and long dresses of fine material. Most ornate of all, with the most followers to boot, was Cardinal Urban.

Military officers were in attendance as well, wearing dress uniforms adorned with ribbons, medals, and gold trim. One of them was Admiral Walter Harrington, who looked slightly more dour than usual.

While walking out, however, Harrington found himself overtaken by a crowd of clergy. While trying to politely avoid elbowing any of them, he heard a voice in his ear. “Admiral, I must insist we meet. Your driver will take you.”

Turning, he realized it was the Cardinal. Urban smiled and said “Be blessed, Brother. Let your spirit be lifted.”

Harrington’s mouth went dry, but he managed to hoarsely reply “Praise be to the Emperor. I thank you, Your Grace.”

Urban smiled and nodded. Moving forward he waved aristocratically to the crowd and said a blessing over them, which was received almost with a sense of urgency. Harrington walked forward a bit mechanically. With each step a new image popped into his head, his wife at their wedding, his bookish first son, his daughter holding his grandson.

When he reached the car, he addressed the man holding the door. “Where’s Lynch?” he asked.

“Don’t worry, Sir,” the man replied quietly. There was a man in the backseat who would sit next to Harrington.

He got in the car and sat still as they took off, winding their way through Magus Civitas’ streets. He had no idea where they were going, in fact he thought they circled at least a couple of blocks. What did I say? Who did I talk to? No, that doesn’t matter.

The car pulled sharply into a driveway. Looking out he saw he’d arrived at the much more modest Church of the Word on the other side of town. The driver pulled in between some hedges, parked the car, and then got out and opened the door. The man next to him then motioned outdoors and said “Please, Sir, follow Brother Luke.”

Harrington nodded. They set off at a brisk pace into the church, which was devoid of any human souls. Not even the candles were lit. In a few moments he was ushered into the private chapel behind the altar.

To his surprise, Cardinal Urban was there. So was Cardinal Sullivan, both in fine robes.

“Ah, Admiral, how are you?” Sullivan asked amiably.

“Well enough, Your Grace,” Harrington said uneasily.

“Really? I hear you are troubled as of late,” Sullivan said. Harrington didn’t know how to respond. Urban and Meyer exchanged looks before Urban firmly said “Please, speak plainly, you’re among friends. As you can see we’ve assured you of privacy.”

“Brother…” Urban said to Sullivan, looking to the two men still in the room.

“Ah, of course, how foolish of me. Luke, Edwin, thank you both,” Sullivan said. The two of them bowed and left the room, closing the door behind them.

Now we have assured you of privacy,” Sullivan said with a chuckle. “But please, speak.”

He looked a bit nervously around the opulent room. “To be frank, Your Grace, I fear the Navy is on the chopping block.”

They all looked surprised. “What do you mean?” Sullivan asked.

“After all our efforts to expand our force projection? That cannot be,” Urban exclaimed. “Admiral, please explain yourself. Who has suggested this? What is this about?”

“Your Grace, I do not wish to embarrass anyone…” Harrington started to say.

“Ah, we will be the judge of that,” Urban said, pausing to lean on the small altar behind him. “You are saying that some are considering upending years of careful diplomacy. This cannot be done lightly. It must be considered by the Curia. Now, brother, what is this about?”

Harrington saw Urban’s patience was running out. “This debt matter. There is serious talk of cuts to the military. It is favored by some of the Treasury people, and the Navy is viewed by the other branches as less essential,” Harrington said stiffly.

Urban looked troubled and shook his head. “Less essential? What shortsighted fools. Are they blind to the developments in Arcologia?”

“Which developments, Your Grace? The plague of Arvo? The Edomites in the Union?” Harrington asked hesitantly.

Sullivan frowned. “Oh, I’d assumed you’d have heard. Perhaps have one of your subordinates explain in greater detail when you get the chance. In brief, now that the Organization of Ayacan States has nominal control of the Sicani Islands, the Chacanos have landed on mainland Arcologia. Their first landings were at the Tenmar River’s mouth. Initially this was to be a limited deployment, but now their Prime Minister is talking about the headwaters of the Tenmar.”

“So Ayacans will be swarming into south Ceti?” Harrington said, forgetting the potential danger and looking slightly disgusted.

“There’s more. Since you’re surprised by the Chacano landings, I take it you hadn’t heard that the Adirans sold them an amphibious carrier and aircraft to facilitate this expedition?”

“The Adirans,” Harrington said flatly. He looked at the others in the room, his shoulders relaxed a bit. “What is this? Are they trying to colonize Arcologia by proxy?”

“That is precisely our fear, Admiral,” Urban said gravely. “And even if this is not the work of the Adirans, a few islands is one thing, but Ceti is ours, by right. Not the Adirans’, not the Urdnots’, not the Chacanos’. Ours,” he concluded firmly. “And at present the Navy is essential to establishing that fact.”

Meyer spread his hands and then clasped Harrington on the shoulder. “Admiral, I will speak to His Grace Cardinal Meyer, who has the ear of Robertson, and you should report to the Admiralty. It has been far too long since Imperial ships sailed the Ura Sea, and we’re clearly reaping the fruit of our neglect. Showing the flag has our blessing and will have Robertson’s as well. That should quell any doubters, I’m sure you would agree?”

Harrington looked greatly relieved, even upbeat. “Absolutely, Your Grace. We will see it done, Eos be damned—er, apologies, Your Grace.”

“No need. We all share the same sentiment,” Sullivan said amiably.

To: The Office of Foreign Minister Simon Alvarado
Subject: Arcologia
Encryption: High

Your Excellency,

We have recently viewed the Prime Minister’s address with great interest. It is one of the noblest ambitions to carry the torch of civilization. The Imperium naturally applauds the OAS’ efforts to establish order in the southernmost reaches of Ceti, and we understand fully why Gran Chaco would desire greater stability in the vicinity of Valcarlos.

As you are no doubt aware, the Free State of Ceti once comprised the entirety of the continent, from the Sicani Islands to the Arctic, from Bangor to Puerto Rojas. The Imperium, more than any other Cetan polity of today, is responsible for the heritage of Old Ceti. The Imperium controls the cities which brought her wealth, commands the same sorts of fleets which once made Ceti a regional contender, and of course is governed by the faith which made our civilization possible.

Please understand that we have the highest respect for your nation’s initiative and wish to bring stability to this region as well. An Imperial-led joint effort in southern Arcologia could be most productive. However, at this time the OAS must refrain from advancing further into the Tenmar Basin. Old Ceti’s borders must be preserved, and the burden of restoring Cetan civilization in the south is the Imperium’s to bear.

We pray to have your agreement on this.

In the Emperor’s Name,
Cardinal Long
He who stands with me shall be my brother

Republica De Gran Chaco
Chargé d'Affaires

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:20 pm

Valcarlos

Admiral Javier Matias stepped down the steps from the private jet that had flown him to Valcarlos. It was a hot humid nigh, and the weather hit him like a wall as he moved from the air conditioning of the plane. He carried a brief case of papers as he shuffled down the steps and was greeted by a salute from Major General Julian Tomas.

“Good evening Julian. Are we headed to headquarters?” the admiral asked

“Yes sir, I’ll give you an update on what is current in the car.” Tomas said

“Good good.” Matias followed the marine general to the waiting vehicle and got in the back seat.

The cars began to move and Tomas pulled out a legal pad, “Sir, orders have been given to ground forces to hold all advances and to prepare defensive positions around the current airfield and port facilities. They are doing so, and I have confidence in them to defend their area, but the important islands are a bit bare. The Valcarlos Defense Force here has been activated but that isn’t much. We have increased air patrols around Valcarlos, and the navy task force commander is aware of the situation and has prepared defensive contingency plans. I have been told that the OAS force is being negotiated over, but it would be nice to have them under my direct command. The air command is also requesting additional E-3 Hawkeyes to keep the air early warning systems running. Also, back to the point about the islands, it would be nice to get some more infantry units up here.”

“I understand your concerns. We will not initially be moving additional ground forces into the area, nor ships. The air command will get an additional E-3. We don’t want to spook anyone with an over enthusiastic response to a letter. Confidence and poise are what we will show, not a reactionary panic. The Jungle Rangers have been put on stand by as well as the 3rd Airborne Division. The 9th General Aviation Battalion has also been told to get their aircraft ready to pack. As far as ships go Task Force 1 has finished their maintenance and build up cycles and will be out on local patrol around Ayacan waters as normal, ready to move if need. But again, nothing will move unless a hostile force sails from Arbites. Just focus on the ground troops you have. The development projects will proceed so I want you to comfort the contractors.”

Tomas took notes, “Aye aye sir.”

To: Secretary of State Bailey
Subject: The Imperium in Arcologia
Security: Highest

Secretary Bailey,

We have received a concerning message from the Imperium regarding our presence in Arcologia. As Adiron is a bitter rival and also has continuing operations in Arcologia, we assume that you must have also received similar threats, however, it is important to have a full picture of what is going on with such an aggressive neighbor.

Attached is a copy of the message that has been sent to me. Our navy, and other forces in Arcologia have been placed on alert. It may be prudent for Adiran forces in the area to do the same. The language of the message at the close also seems to imply an intention for future conquest of the area, though it remains to be seen when that would be.

It is important for free democracies to stand together against such threats.

Simon Alvarado
Minister of Foreign Affairs

To: Foreign Minister Hosidius Geta

Minister Geta,

We have received a most concerning message from the Imperium concerning their apparent intentions in Arcologia. Gran Chaco has been working for a more peaceful and secure Arcologia. We also understand that New Edom has the same goals in the area, and our interests are in tandem. It is of the utmost importance that peace prevails, and that new threats be not allowed to take root. We are dedicated to these goals as achieved by New Edom, and we hope the sentiment is mutual.

We understand that the Imperium has close relations with the Holy Empire, and as such it would be most helpful if there was anything your government could do to avoid unnecessary conflict. My staff is going to schedule a meeting with Dr. Benjamin Scroll, to see what can be done about this, as Gran Chaco is dedicated to the commitments, they have made in Arcologia and will not be swayed.

Attached is a copy of the message sent to me from the Imperium.

Simon Alvarado,

To: Executor of State Eric Douglas
Subject: Heightened Security in Arcologia

Executor Douglas,

As you are aware, Gran Chaco has been recently working for the stabilization and security of Arcologia. As our greatest ally and trading partner, and more as a peace-loving nation, Novitera no doubt stands to benefit, as do all nations, from enhanced security and trade along one of the regions most important shipping lanes.

I have recently received a message from the Imperium attempting to order the halt of our security and development operations, and by extension that of Noviteran corporations that have been awarded economic contracts, in Arcologia.

We have put our navy on alert as well as other forces in Arcologia. We would suggest that Noviteran Forces at the Naval Air Station at San Pedro go on alert as well. We also request extra Noviteran patrols in Arcologia, and visits to Valcarlos to help show that our two nations are united against regional chaos.

Attached is the letter that the Imperium has sent me.

Simon Alvarado,

To: OAS Security
CC: Foreign Minister Nakarshid Kozadeh-Ashab
Foreign Minister Jesus Gutierrez- San Carlo
Foreign Minister Aline Carbajal- Queimada
Subject: Imperium in Arcologia
Security: High

The Imperium has ordered our mission of peace and security to a halt in Arcologia. This is an unacceptable request, and a meeting must be called to unify command in Arcologia to better respond to any possible aggression on the part of the Imperium or any future threat to stability.

This topic should be top priority at the next OAS security session where the Minister of Defense, Anastasio Samoza Garcia will lead a briefing.

Patricio Galán
Ambassador, Republica de Gran Chaco

To: Foreign Minister Leonor Bozagua
Subject: Meeting over the Imperium

Minister Bozagua,

It has been too long since we last met. I am writing this message to try and arrange a meeting with you to speak about Ghantish policy in regards to the Imperium. They are a concerning nation, and there have been recent events that have caused those concerns to come to the forefront of our thoughts. I wish to see if there is some way that our two govenments can work towards a peaceful solution regarding the Imperium.

Juan José Lacasa Cazalla
Ambassador, Republic of Gran Chaco

To: Cardinal Long
Subject: Arcologia

Cardinal Long,

Thank you for your kind sentiments. Your compliments truly are an honor to hear. To much in this world, people lack honor and courtesy, but yours is a magnificent example of how true gentlemen behave.

As for your request, we cannot comply with it at this time. I understand your concern for interference in Arcologia, and for this reason we are committed to protecting the status quo. I am sure you have heard our Prime Minister’s recent speech outlining Chacano policy for Arcologia, and no doubt you know that our goals are in lock step with those of the Imperium in regards to the safety and preservation of the status quo. Gran Chaco is committed to keeping outside influences from creeping into Arcologia as well, and it is for this reason, that we cannot abandon our neighbors to be at the mercy of their enemies.

We have been in contact with the Edomites over this very issue, and we would be glad to host trilateral talks about the future and security of the area.

Again, it has been an honor to hear from you sir.

Simon Alvarado,
كان التيز سمين

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hittanryan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:38 pm

State Department
New Laconia, Adiron

Since it was in full view of the public, the Chacano statement immediately caused a stir. Adirans had been vaguely aware of the Chacano occupation of Tempestatis and the Sicani Islands, but to many Adirans the Ura Sea was a hotbed of piracy and brutal natives, who were clearly the greater evil. There were some concerns that the Chacanos were so close to Eos, but this was confined mostly to academics. This was different. They were taking a chunk of mainland Arcologia the size of Queimada. Even if the government had been preoccupied, the Adiran public started asking questions. More foreigners in Ceti? How far would the Chacanos go? What is the government doing about this?

In the offices of the State Department there was surprise. “Wait, he said what? The headwaters of the Tenmar?” Bailey asked Atkins.

“That is what the Prime Minister said,” replied the head of the Foreign Service.

“That’s not what was discussed previously. Why are they doing this now?” she asked.

“With the Imperial threat diminished and our tacit approval through arms sales, I’m sure we’ve given the impression that it’s free for the taking for anyone who can spare the expense. With Chaco now at the head of the OAS, they have more resources,” Atkins said.

“Hold on, who says the Imperial threat is diminished?”

“At least in the Ura Sea it’s fairly clear, Madame Secretary. Apparently the Imperial Navy hasn’t shown the flag there since the Edomites arrived. We’re still not sure exactly what it means. It’s rather interesting, actually…”

“All right, back to Chaco, what could they hope to achieve just by seizing every island and a swath of jungle?”

“Apparently they’re going to let private interests develop the area. From their own rhetoric, they feel no one else has done it or has expressed the will to do it and it might as well be them, for the good of the region and civilization in general. As best I can tell they seem to really believe it, too.”

“All right, Hugh, I need to know our policy on the Tenmar,” Bailey said.

“Of course, Madame Secretary, I will have a report on your desk by the end of the week,” he said.

Bailey’s eyes widened. “End of the week? You don’t know?”

“Well it’s hardly as cut and dry as our policy towards Urdnotia. It’s a complex part of the continent,” Atkins

“I think we’ll need it sooner than that,” Bailey insisted.

“Sooner? Well, perhaps an executive summary by tomorrow, then. I’ll see to it, Madame Secretary,”

The task fell to the Bureau of Cetan Affairs, and then to the Bureau’s Office of South Cetan Affairs, which was managed by Deputy Assistant Secretary Max Robinson. Normally calm and collected, when put under sudden deadlines he tended to resemble a stereotypical high-strung executive out of a movie. An email went out to his immediate subordinates for an emergency meeting. When they arrived at the conference room he was standing hunched over the head of the table.

“All right everyone, I’ve got something from the Assistant Secretary. What is our policy on mainland Arcologia south of the Confederate border?”

“Defeat the Arvo Nation,” someone said immediately.

“There’s more than just Arvo there. What’s our policy farther south?”

Several people stared at him. People shifted and looked around nervously. Robinson looked irritated. “People, what is our policy on southern mainland Arcologia? In the Tenmar Basin?”

“Is that north or south of the Jekel?” someone asked.

“I’ll have to get back to you on that, sir,” someone else said.

Find out.” Robinson said, rubbing his temple and shaking his head. “I want to see all of you back here by tonight. This is for the SOS,” he said, using an acronym for a beleaguered Secretary of State.

Later on the meeting reconvened and he had more answers. One of the team leaders read off a report “The Triton oilfields in the Jekel Kingdom are of interest. Triton Oil is hanging on by a thread, but they’re still selling gas to everyone in Arcologia, including Arvo and pirates. They’re a lynchpin of the local economy.”

“Why’d we just sit on this? We’ve got no plans there?” Robinson asked.

“Sure there are plans, but the Arvo were between us and them until just recently.”

“What else?”

Another man stood, adjusted his glasses, and flipped to a page of a rather voluminous packet. “In central southern Arcologia, Confederates are stripping TML Arcology for salvage. Again, wouldn’t do it while the Arvo were next door. They’re expecting resale of intact machinery starting at $18 million…”

“Yes, thank you, Perry,” Robinson said, holding up a hand. Perry set his jaw and looked a bit nonplussed. “Sorry to cut you off, but we’re on a deadline and TML isn’t on the front burner here. Place was probably looted a long time ago anyway. What about on the west coast? Todd?”

Todd was a thin man but for a bit of a paunch, and donned a pair of reading glasses before speaking. “Three way turf war between the Jekel Kingdom, Yaworskis, and the Free United State…or was it the United Free State?”

“I know the Jekel. What are the other two doing?”

“Tinpot warlords, both just as despicable as the other. The two of them are fighting over the largest settlement down there, Tarral, formerly the site of the Conglomerate’s Green Zone 4…no, 3.”

“Why, what’s there?”

“In Tarral? Well it’s the biggest population center in that area. It’s the biggest market, got the only solidly constructed port in the area, got a fishing fleet and pretty well established farms around it. Or…at least it used to,” Todd explained.

“Used to?”

“Tarral’s traded hands a few times since Murray hit. Yaworski holds it now, but they’re in rough shape. Refugees have been going up the coast to Confederate territory, say everyone’s hungry. Militia have deserted, but it’s not a total collapse yet. Sounds like they’re still getting paid so far.”

“Who are the Yaworskis? Where’d they come from? Break it down like the SOS is going to read this, because she probably will,” Robinson said.

“Drug cartel turned warlords,” Todd replied. “Founded by the Wielkilasin Brotherhood back in the nineties, they’re still connected but mostly independent. When the storm hit they had the guns, cash, and muscle to secure their plantations, then they fanned out and shook down villages until they controlled the countryside. At Tarral, their product goes out, bullets, guns, fuel, and fish come in.”

“And the Free State?”

“Mix of former Badlands mercs and North Tenmar Cartel people. Similar story to the Yaworski group, really. Main thing is they struck a truce with the Jekel when they got pushed out of Tarral, leaving Yaworski to fight the Jekel on their own. Fewer refugees coming from their turf, agriculture’s probably a bit better but their trade is worse. They want Tarral back.”

“Both losers then. Neither deserve Tarral by the sound of it. What about these refugees?”

“Oh, well apparently there’s more raiding than genuine offensives. Chevauchée with flamethrowers. And on the defensive they do scorched earth. Means a lot of torched crops all around,” Todd explained, his face falling.

“Yeah that’d explain it. What about the far south? Where the Chacanos are? Don?”

A strikingly handsome man in his late thirties replied “Southern Alliance were no-hopers, but on the mainland it’s the Sican people. Divided into two main coalitions, Tarakali and Wainui. So far the Chacanos have claimed Tarakali land. They are or were isolationist, only trade with the Jekel, control the most mainland territory especially the mouth of the Tenmar. They don’t even talk to us. Probably tried to fight the Chacanos but by all accounts they only have small arms.”

“Here’s the sticking point,” Don said, looking to the others. “We’ve got agreements with the Wainui. They admit aid workers and missionaries, they don’t attack their neighbors, they keep their coast free of pirates, they patrol roads, they build farms, they trade, they provide us intelligence on that part of the country, and they keep Tweedledee and Tweedledum in Tarral from expanding south. We’ve been giving them food, fuel, medicine, and small arms. There’s a long-term plan to bring them into the Confederation.”

“What’s the holdup?”

“Distance and the Imps,” Don replied. “The rest of the Confederates have no way to support them, and it paints a bullseye on their back. They didn’t want to get dragged into our fight if they were on their own.”

“We could’ve protected them. Eos is right there,” Robinson said.

“Well, now they’re freaking out about the Chacanos,” Don added. “They want to know what’s going to happen to them. The Chacanos haven’t landed in Wainui territory, but the PM’s speech claimed some of their lands and they appear ready to head up that way.”

“They’ve contacted us? Who handles that, anyway? Actually, never mind, I want…”

There was then a knock at the door. “It’s Eric,” they all heard. Robinson pointed to the door and Todd opened it. A younger man with a decidedly prominent nose entered.

“Mr. Robinson, sorry to interrupt but I just heard from the Ayacan Bureau, we got a cable from Alvarado. The Imps have threatened Chaco, demanding they stop at their landing grounds. Claiming all of Ceti.”

The men in the room all looked at each other. Robinson looked at all of them, then back to his aide, then rose to his feet and went for the door. “Gentlemen, I will be right back…”

To: Minister of Foreign Affairs Simon Alvarado

Minister Alvarado,

I could not agree more that free democracies must stand together. The Republic is grateful for your timely warning, and I am told that all local forces have been appropriately advised of possible Imperial naval movements. Should Adiran forces confirm the presence of any Imperial vessels in the Ura Sea, we will of course inform you at once.

Adiron will not tolerate further Imperial aggression in Arcologia. In 2015 the Republic acted vigorously to defend its local allies and is prepared to do so again. It is extremely troubling that the Imperium would not only reiterate its claims upon all of Ceti—contrary to its stated goal of peace—but appears to be considering a new campaign in Arcologia even before the previous conflict has been resolved. Furthermore, the Imperium’s stated opposition to your government’s policy does in fact display the same intransigence which plagued our own efforts in the Diols for years following Hurricane Murray.

It is the position of our government that restoring peace and stability to southern Ceti should be a regional priority and a multinational effort. Until now our two nations have been operating entirely independently in Arcologia, with the possible exception of the recent arms deal. In light of recent developments, my government would very much like to discuss the future of South Ceti, including known challenges and local partners on mainland Arcologia. My staff would like to schedule a meeting with appropriate officials in your ministry and will be in contact.

Amy Bailey,
Secretary of State
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Neue Regensburg
Secretary

Postby Neue Regensburg » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:51 am

Message to Secretary of State Bailey

Encryption: NINER
Priority: X-RAY

Secretary Bailey,
Adiron has long been a guardian of peace and freedom in this region. As the world descends further into civil war and madness, and dictators and warlords rise up to snuff the fire of liberty, Adiron has been there to stop them. As such, Neue Regensburg would like to offer our support and assistance to anything your great nation may need. It is our personal belief that two free nations such as Adiron and Neue Regensburg should be more closely tied, and that we should stick together against the rising forces of tyranny in the world. As such, it would be out honor to invite you, your Ambassador and your President to our nation.

Pax Christi,
The Executive Council

Der Regenschloss

King Peter looked up from his laptop. The Council of Three and the Minister of State were meeting in the kitchen of the Rain Palace, in Regensburg Stadt. King Peter and Chancellor Zähringover were friends for a long time, and both wore a sweatshirt and pants, having come back from a run in the cool, mountainous terrain. This was in stark contrast to the President and Staatsminister, who wore suits. "Kanzler, Präsident, Minister, are we agreed? Adiron could be a very valuable ally in the future, but they take rather... progressive issues on things we choose to leave unspoken." King Peter himself was not a progressive man, himself privately supporting alternately the Solidarity Party, which combined moderate conservative social views with moderate liberal economics.

His Chancellor was a Soldiarist, but his President belonged to the Liberal Party, which was only some more statist than libertarians.

Chancellor Daniel Zähringover saw cause for concern in the politics of the Adirans. "They upend tradition without thought for how it affects society. People can make whatever choices they want, but Adiron insists on shedding a spotlight on it."

President Jakub Perschen intervened here, "But the people of our country already know that, it's not like we restrict their access to the press. The Progressives are on every week about legalizing cannabis or instituting government-sanctioned marriage to legitimize their partnerships. They're like the Reactionaries or the Traditionalists in that respect, except they want to de-legitimize what is a matter between these people and God... not that our Lord would approve of such heinous acts."

King Peter said, "Well, it is true that our people already have exposure to these issues."

Daniel replied, "I guess, given that they don't try to interfere in domestic affairs, it's not to big of a deal. I still would prefer we make the acquaintance of a nation like Chaco or New Edom."

Staatsminister Holberg cut in, saying "Gentlemen, we need this deal if we want to break out into the international stage. Regensburg Is destined for greatness, but we have to be the ones to take this step."

King Peter said, "Let's vote. All in favor?"

King Peter and Präsident Perschen agreed, "Ja."

Kanzler Zähringover objected, "Nein."

"It passes."

The King hit the button on his computer and the message was sent.

"If you guys want, you can stay and have a beer. If not, good day.

As with so many times before, Peter and Daniel would have a few beers and then their families, both of high esteem, would get together for dinner. Their bond had been forged in combat, no vote could change that.
Last edited by Neue Regensburg on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

Republica De Gran Chaco
Chargé d'Affaires

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:04 am

To: Secretary of State Bailey

Secretary Bailey,

Your offers of assistance in both intelligence sharing, and the sharing of knowledge for our operations in Lebrón are generous. We would gladly accept any assistance in learning about the peoples of the area as frankly our knowledge is lacking. As new nationals of Gran Chaco, Lebrónos are a top priority for our government to provide development and aid too.

I would be happy to send a delegation from the Valcarlos government to a meeting such as you suggest. They would be most pleased for Adiran assistance. This should be a new chapter in Chacano-Adiran relations.

My warmest gratitude for your assistance,

Simon Alvarado
كان التيز سمين

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:42 am

Oingwa, Hostillia

The orange-red flames from the former church climbed high and smoke climbed higher as the official and his escort left the village. Local police had arrived and were investigating the disruption of the harmony of the area in the name of the District Magistrate.

As the truck bounced and jostled its way down a gravel road, the soldiers in it kept their eyes on the prisoners, who were among the worst troublemakers they had ever encountered. Indeed, they were all very sure that everything that had been said about these foreign devil worshippers must be true.

“Eating human flesh, eating corpses? You’re disgusting people,” said one soldier to Father Zattec. “Even if you are uncivilized people.”

“You can tell this witch is full of wickedness,” said the soldier who had had his boot spat on. He spat in her face, and for their amusement so did another, and then another, under her face was slick with slime. If she tried to move her head they held her until she had no choice but to accept it.

It was many miles until they reached the town of Qīngwā. It was the capital town of a district largely devoted to fishing and farming, and so when the prisoners could see out they found that there were lots of big bales of cotton, grain, and a huge animal market full of clucking, mooing, baaing and grunting. The soldiers munched on rice cakes and drank cold stale tea while the official and the commanding officer ate a meal from a local food wagon prepared before their eyes. They didn’t offer the prisoners anything.

They later came to a large fine pagoda house which was the home of the Magistrate Fang. Fang was a busy man and had been largely focused on dealing with a series of land inheritance cases which were rather interesting and intricate and promised some good fees to his office in exchange for the service they were providing, and had been enormously annoyed at the trouble these foreign cultists had caused. When his chamberlain, a brisk young man who was his nephew, came out and glanced into the truck, he exclaimed “Phew! Why do they stink so?”

“They are barbarians, and they always stink,” the Agent replied, getting out of the car. “Do you see this wound on my head? They resisted arrest like Shangmai rebels! They’re savages! And cannibals, orgiasts and devil worshippers to boot.”

“Awful. But they cannot go to see the Magistrate like this. Tidy them up a bit.” the chamberlain said firmly.

The soldiers were assigned some servants, who as best they could dabbed away sweat and blood from the prisoners, and gave them a little water and cold plain rice. The guard whose boot had been spat on by Sister Anja, whose name was Ho, urinated into her cup of water before giving it to her, which the others near him thought was hilarious.

When they were finally brought before the Magistrate, they saw him, a man in green and black embroidered silk robes with a black skullcap sitting among other officials on ornately carved wooden benches. Nearby, guards in dark silk stood keeping their eyes on them.They were warned by one of the guards not to speak without being spoken to or they’d be beaten till their flesh dropped off their bones. They were, instead, forced to their knees and to stay silent while the Agent and the officer complained about their conduct and read the charges of sedition, resisting arrest, leading an anti-state cult and corrupting children and youth against them.

“Tsk, tsk,” said Magistrate Fang. “More barbarians? They come as fruit flies do--spot one and soon there are dozens! Christianity is illegal to practice save in the Treaty Ports where the Son of Heaven has permitted certain barbarian nations to practice their faith, and has not forbidden certain peoples to join them, so long as they do not cease to honour the Son of Heaven.”

“Most Excellent Magistrate, not only were bottles of liquid fire thrown at some of our soldiers,” said the Agent, “But while the priests claimed they had not taught such acts to the villagers, the fact is that more than one of these foreign devils claimed that the government of the Son of Heaven has no legitimacy.”

“Well, that’s simply barbarian ignorance, obviously, but like a disobedient act by a child, it cannot be ignored. However let me tell you a very real and present story. Recently, a Magistrate of a District like me visited a quite reasonable and appropriate punishment on one of these missionaries--not these blackrobes, but one of the bare body Yi Dong--and revealed her nakedness to the town of Tu Long Ba, and had her whipped around the market square. Of course she wasn’t really a missionary at all, but an opium addicted whore who was using her wiles to seduce decent Han men and destroy the morals of the town, but the Yi Dong insisted she was a virtuous woman of one of their officials. The Yi Dong sent some soldiers to seize her back but were repelled by the Glorious Jin Bei Brigade. The town was damaged badly during the fighting though, and so it is like the story of the foolish farmer who burned down his barn to deter the ravagings of a wolf. The lesson, clearly, is that the barbarians do not understand our justice. Let the barbarian remain where he is and be content, let us remain where we are, and be content.”

The officials around him, including his scribe, nodded their heads at this wisdom.

“What is the nearest nation to our borders here?” Fang asked the Agent.

“That would be, er, New Othman Excellent Magistrate.” replied the Agent after considering the matter.

“Very good. Then we shall exile them there. It is hereby pronounced that these barbarians shall return speedily to the nation of New Othman and shall not return upon pain of death.” Fang said, and snapped out his fan. “Let it be recorded.”

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hittanryan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:08 am

To: Office of the Executive Council, Neue Regensburg
Subject: Meeting
Encryption: Moderate

Your Excellencies,

Your words of admiration and offer of assistance are both very much appreciated. The Republic considers all free, democratic nations to be natural allies, as democracy is the one national interest which helps secure all the others. In such uncertain times as these the need for cooperation between nations is more pressing than ever.

We therefore gladly accept your invitation for an official visit, and my department has begun exploring what avenues are possible for closer ties between our two nations. Ambassador Murphy will be in contact to discuss the visit’s itinerary and begin talks on the policies which will be announced during the visit.

I very much look forward to this and hope to meet you all in person soon.

Amy Bailey
Secretary of State
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents