NATION

PASSWORD

New Edom and the Age of Glory (MT, please TG for entry)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Ruman Chun Arrives in Hostillia

Postby McNernia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:09 pm

MV Walserberg
Sometime Before the Present

“Of Course Madam. Though I hope they will be given lodgings appropriate to this requirement perhaps. And do you need to inspect the ship?” The Captian said giving a small bow. He would send his second officer to talk to the passengers. The captian would also ask. “Do you have docking facilities,” he cut his eyes to the lighters for ports that sat at the ready. “I can provide tenders for cargo and such buts its going to take time. And if you do, ill have to be slow getting in, there is also the whole tugs issue.”

Chun had expected this, protectionism against the extra regional nations, he’d have to get settled in a hotel and contact Prince Thomas before he made anymore moves.

Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax

Greater Dienstad
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Republica De Gran Chaco
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:15 pm

A Hotel in the Great City Beihe

Sarah Wendt was awake.

For a moment, she had no idea where she was. It was hard to even open her mouth, in fact when she did it was as though it was coated with paste inside, it actually was intensely uncomfortable. But a number of other sensations were bewilderingly there too; her face felt sticky, she felt a cramp on her side, and she couldn’t move. Her head throbbed horribly. She had no idea what was going on. There was an urgent tightness in her bladder though; she moved as best she could and realized that her lower body was all tangled in sheets that seemed soaked with seat. She felt an urge to empty her urine so frantically that she simply rocked and then realized she was falling out of a bed. Light faintly came in through upper grill windows near the ceiling in a concrete room. She stood, and staggered forward, one leg charley-horsing as she limped to another room with a toilet more like a sewer pipe with a platform than the fancy stuff in a barracks. Her elbow rammed a sink and agony spread up her arm.

She managed to sit, and then sweet relief. Sarah had a nasty taste in her mouth. The movement was still coming, it was like a firehose down there. She was aware that she was naked. Memory was confused; she had flashes of confused memory. Yes. Dancing up a storm. She had bought some Noviteran rags to put on to go in mufti. A miniskirt, a tank top, where were they? Where was her purse? No idea now, she felt like it was a river below. Oh yes. Kissing. The guy kept at her, and he knew what he was doing, crudely but passionately. Wild thumping music. Like being crazy. She thought the guy was a Baran, but to her relief he was not, he had a strong accent. He bit her so hard, she couldn’t stop him and didn’t really want to. Like a devouring animal he was on her, and it was so much easier. Same guy? Different guys? The two of them staggering out. Street food, dumplings, it was crazy funny. She touched her face and it came away a shocking red. Lipstick?

Bryan thought he must be dead. He couldn’t move, and had no desire to do so. Every breath drawn in through his dry gaping mouth was a struggle and any movement in the slightest sent pain through his head. As he slowly came into consciousness he realized that his bladder was full to the point of pain. The world was unfair. Bryan was under siege. Stuck in this horrible paralyses with a full bladder, he prayed for mercy and relief. What was he to do but sit and suffer. Slowly he began to give up, there was no way out but surrender, he had to release his bladder or die.

Bryan began relaxing, but when the first drop his his leg he panicked. He stood up as fast as he was able and began searching for the blurry shape that must be the bathroom. The act of standing nearly knocked him off balance, but he kept his footing and began struggling for the door. Bryan was in no condition to notice the empty liquor bottle that was in his way and slipped over it, smashing into the wall with a crash. He loudly cursed in Spanish and crawled his way over to the bathroom door pushing it open as hard as he could.

A form was sat on the toilet. Bryan couldn’t process the meaning of this, only that it was blocking his way. He slithered over to the small open shower, propped himself up on his knees and began relieving himself. The spray went all over the place, but Bryan didn’t care. It was one small mercy in this hell that he was forced to live through. Slowly his eyes came more or less into focus as he peed and he noticed red all over his groin. Panicking he yelled, “Dear God!”

But further inspection he found it to be a greasy substance, “Is, is that lipstick?”

He turned around to the suddenly remembered shape on the toilet, and then slipped down sitting in his own piss. There was a woman staring at him with red all over her mouth. Who the hell was she? What had happened. Bryan still unable to talk from his dry mouth closed his eyes and tried to remember. He had left the bar and was enticed into a club by the colors and music. He had met some people… kissed a hostillian girl? Fingered one girl while kissing and biting another and then punched the rickshaw driver when he had yelled at him for doing it in his cart? It was all flashes of nonsense, but he still could not imagine how he had gotten here. This strange concrete room with the disheveled woman on the toilet. He opened his eyes and stared at her again. Gathering all his strength and speaking spanish he squeaked out in a raspy voice, “Who are you?”

Sarah, sitting naked, hunched forward with her knees neatly together, looked up. Her mouth and the areas around it on her face with smeared a startling red, and there was at least one livid love bite on her neck. She was gaping at him in shock at first, because she had not even noticed him in the room, and a thousand questions were in her pain wracked head. Where had he even come from? Where the hell was she? Her eyes were dark underneath the blue, and her fair hair was a short tumbled bob around her delicate face. She spoke a little Spanish, but she barely understood his rushed and slurred speech. “Quid errat illud?” she exclaimed. “Loqui tardius!”

Bryan wanted to lean back against the wall and think, but instead he banged his head against the tile, shooting a wave of pain through his skull.

“Oh no.” He thought to himself, “I can’t even talk to her. I just had sex with some strange foreign girl, God knows what diseases she might have.”

Slowly her words sank in and his eyes opened realizing she was speaking Latin. She must be educated, a wealthy tourist, or a bureaucrat. He felt a bit more hopeful. Bryan looked at her again and wracked his tired and hurting brain. Slowly in Latin he began speaking, “Where are we, and who are you?”

Sarah realized she was done, and so without self consciousness (being an Edomite) she cleaned herself and flushed. There was toilet paper. She got up and began to wash her hands. She noticed the reddish stains matched, the mouth and...she glanced at his crotch. Oh boy. That matched too. “I’m Sarah.” she said. “Who are you? She remembered him now. She remembered him attacking the rickshaw driver, who had been yelling something like Mucka hi yee yee or something. Oh, and kissing. And her going down on him. God.

“I’m Bryan.” he answered and stood up looking around, “I’m sorry, I had to burst in like that, and well...”

Bryan didn’t know what else to say at the squirming to into the bathroom on the floor and at his spraying piss all over the shower. He just sighed and went to sit on the bed and put his head in his hands. The weight of what he had done was starting to sink in. He looked around and found some water and drank it to try and get some of the taste out of his mouth. What would he tell his wife? He was scheduled to be doing paper work today so he could avoid trouble with his command, but what could he tell his wife?

He looked at the girl who despite here disheveled appearance actually was quite pretty. To his embarrassment Bryan felt himself swelling up. He quickly tried to say something in the hopes that she wouldn’t notice, “Sarah? That's how you say it? Do you know where we are?”

Sarah turned to him and did not seem to notice his growing affliction. She gave a bit of a smile and said, “Well, at least you are not some kidnapper. I will check.” she walked out of the bathroom, cracked one door open, and she frowned and shut the door and locked it again. “Hallway. Let me check the other one.”

She walked to the other door in the room, which opened into a little courtyard with tables, benches, chairs and a pathetic little garden with planter boxes. A pair of Hostillians who looked like custodians, with big
straw hats and aprons full of cleaning supplies gaped at her. Sarah stepped out to look around.

“Hey, shouldn’t you put something on? Someone might see you naked!” Bryan called shocked at her bold manner of opening the doors without dressing. He got up and pulled the sheet off the bed and tried to hand it to Sarah.

Sarah had just vanished around the corner and there were squawks in Cetian; apparently a few Cetian tourists had just encountered her, and then she returned. “Oh my gosh,” she said in Latin, “I think we’re in a hotel. That’s good at least.” she closed the door and sat on the bed. She suddenly widened her eyes. “What the hell…” there was makeup smeared on everything along with other fluids that were in various stages of dessication or moisture. She picked up a purse and sighed with relief even as her wallet fell out of it and her ID was displayed, showing her looking like a hostage posing for a photo.
“A hotel? We sure picked a good one.” Bryan said blandly as he looked around at the mess they had made. He scratched his face and noticed that his fingernails came back red with lipstick and he shook his head.

When Sarah dropped her ID Bryan bent over to pick it up for her and took a glance at it and saw the photo of her in uniform. He chuckled lightly as he handed it to her. At least he wasn’t the only officer to go out on a bender, “You are in the army?”

“Oh...yes…” Sarah reddened for the first time. “I’m a signals intelligence officer. You? What do you do?”

“I’m a soldier as well. I’m an officer in the Dongying Rifle Regiment. At least we are in good company. I’m from Chaco. You?” Bryan replied.

“I am an Edomite,” Sarah replied. He had a nice, strong, fit body. She smiled at him but she also felt uncertain. She was pretty sure that they had done things that she remembered. “It’s day by the way do you have to report in somewhere? Maybe we should share a taxi and get out of here. I’m going to use the shower first. I’m supposed to go to a briefing…”

“I have some leeway, since I have my own battalion,” Bryan said a bit embarrassed, “Let me get the cab. We can split it I think since I’m sure you are heading to the international zone. How much time do you have, I’d like to stop by a pharmacy and get something to take the edge off this headache.”

Bryan began rooting around the room looking for his clothes. He found the hawaiian shirt and shorts stuffed between the bed and the wall and covered in lipstick, and what he hoped was saliva. His underwear was unsalvageable and he just tossed those into the garbage can. He could only find one sock so he tossed that too. He piled his things on the bed and waited for Sarah to finish with the shower.

Sarah came out, toweling off vigorously, and searched around for her own clothes. She found the leather miniskirt but not her panites, found the tank top but not her bra, and found her high heeled sandals at least. She began to dress and then ran a comb through her hair.

“Sure we should share a taxi, that would be fine. And yes, a drugstore would be a good idea. Not a Han one, I don’t need any snake venom thank you very much….”

Bryan smiled, “Sounds good to me. I’m going to take my turn in the shower real quick.”

He walked into the bathroom and noticed the same red lipstick that was on his crotch and Sarah’s mouth, streaked across his own face and neck. He also noticed some hickeys on his neck and one on his inner thigh. A large bruise was forming on his chest which he chose to not ask where it came from. He got the shower as hot as he could, which in this place was just lukewarm. Bryan scrubbed all of the mess from his body and walked out and winced as he put on his soiled clothing.”

He looked at Sarah and said, “Shall we?”
كان التيز سمين

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:45 am

“I think it only makes sense to seek out and identify structures of authority, hierarchy, and domination in every aspect of life, and to challenge them; unless a justification for them can be given, they are illegitimate, and should be dismantled, to increase the scope of human freedom.” ― Noam Chomsky

Dakauregia Palace
Dakar, Dakmoor, Ghant

Summer 1996

She dreamed of trees. Bright boughs and blooms
Through gloom and morning spilled
While she brushed back their silver leaves
That sunlit skies had filled

With gilded wash--the vermeil sight
Above the dusky bark
Seemed starry trains above the moon
And night's enclosing dark

And she stepped under such a sky:
New-formed, bejeweled, and bright
And wished she could forever dwell
Within its dim half-light.

There nothing stirred; no beast or bird
Dwelt in the forest there
Though she heard silent rivers trill
Still wand'ring swift and fair

Through banks embraced by cattail roots;
Through drooping willow leaves
That rustled in the water's rush
Bereft of any breeze.

Oh, she stepped under such a sky
Composed of darkling boughs
Flushed with the swell of morning leaves
All silver-gold endowed

'Till awe forestalled her reaching foot
And stilled the step, half-made--
And oh! to breathe seemed mortal sin
As if each sound betrayed

Whatever heaven she had found.
But when she breathed at last
And put her foot upon the ground
The awful moment passed

And shaded by the gilded leaves
She wandered on, and still
She knew that someday, she shall hear
The birds, all breathless, trill.

The girl was alone, under the midday sun of western Ghant. She was by herself in the royal hunting grounds, enjoying the cool ocean air and the mostly clear sky peppered with a few random clouds. The girl had some friends, but not many. Not this day, anyway. So it was that the girl of eight shuffled along, kicking rocks and studying the intricate patterns of the paved paths of her father’s lands.

She had long raven hair that tumbled halfway down her back, and deep blue eyes within a round unblemished face. Her skin was fair, as was her dress, though the headband holding back her hair, the sash across her waist and her shoes were all purple, like the color of her country of Dakmoor. She was described as sweet, intelligent and outgoing, though not without a hint of mischief.

The royal palace guards were given strict orders to watch the girl at all times, and eluding them was the seven year old’s favorite game. This day she was doing a splendid job, darting among the trees to avoid the overbearing eyes of her father’s men, who undoubtedly would feel his wrath if he found out that she disappeared for even a moment. She didn’t care about whether or not they got in trouble, because they didn’t care if she got in trouble either. It was their job to observe and report, not to be friends with the lonely little princess.

The older the princess grew, the more adventurous she became. Deeper into the woods north of Dakar she would go, until a guard came upon her and brought her back to the palace. She never resisted them, merely returning with them meekly, knowing from a young age that defying her father was a wasted effort. Yet in the trees deep in these woods, she could feel his power wane, as though it was somehow weaker there.

Her little black shoes slipped into the soft, rich soil, permeated by flowers, vines and weeds. Her white stockings suffered the stains of the earth, while even the skirt of her dress occasionally caught upon a loose branch. She avoided a grimace when an unseen branch tried to snag her straight long black hair, shining in the sun. If she made too much noise, they would find her.

It was never a matter of if, but a matter of when they would find her. The men of Dakauregia were faithful servants of their liege lord, and failure was unacceptable. No doubt he would be most displeased to learn that she eluded them, if even for a few minutes. Indeed, he never took such failings out upon his children, but rather on those responsible for them.

There in those woods, the girl was free. Free from prying eyes, from masters and governesses and ladies-in-waiting. She fancied herself a bird capable of flight, like an eagle or a hawk, without a care as to the world around her. The trees and bushes may have clawed at her clothes, but she cared naught for it. There would always be more clothes, but moments of freedom, those were precious and few.

After a few minutes of walking through the woods, the girl came upon a clearing. The light of the sun shined through the gap in the trees, revealing a bright blue patch of sky, the sun directly above. Where the sun shined down upon the clear patch of earth was a lone tree, unlike all the others nearby. This tree was large, with bark as white as bone and leaves the color of blood, desperately reaching for the sky like a multitude of hands. The bone-white tree, like Tantalus, seemed to be just out of reach.

The little girl stepped forward from the woods into the clearing, cautiously approaching the tree. The way it twisted into the air, towering over her, the way its roots poked in and out of the ground like a sea serpent, the way its branches were gnarled, gave the girl fright. Yet in spite of that fear she pressed on, stepping over the exposed roots, walking closer and closer to the white tree.

In a way that the girl could not explain, she could sense the tree calling out to her…to come closer, as close as she could get. When at last she could reach out and touch the trunk of the white tree, she did so, and felt it. In an odd way it felt warm, the bark smooth to the touch. Off in the distance she thought she could hear a voice, carried on the wind, but could not make out what it was saying.

Then she heard another voice, loud and clear. “Sophia,” the voice called out.

Wheeling around, the girl looked to see who the voice was, though she already knew before she saw. It was a woman wearing riding clothes, including a short-skirted dress and white stockings tucked into tall black boots. She had an elegant appearance in spite of that, with a round face containing deep blue eyes like the color of the sea, and long tangled brown hair that tumbled around her shoulders.

“Mother,” Sophia said shyly as she tucked her hands behind her back and looked down at the ground.

“…What are you doing out here all by yourself?” the woman asked her daughter. Sophia was in some ways perhaps, like her mother. Lady Elizabeth Mutu was an adventurous woman, fond of riding and stargazing and being out on the sea. Sophia inherited some of those inclinations, Elizabeth seemed to understand, which may have been why she was the one that found here there, instead of one of the guards.

“…I wanted to be alone,” answered Sophia bashfully. “I wanted to be free.”

Elizabeth flashed a straight, pearly white smile as she walked forward. “Free?” she laughed, “free from what?”

Sophia looked around anxiously, and then replied, “everything.” Her grandfather’s death a few years prior affected her deeply. They were close, and he was a good man and a wise one, though forlorn. After he died she just…wanted to be away from things. Her mother suspected this to be the case.

With a sigh, Elizabeth knelt down so that she could be eye level with her daughter. “I know the feeling. Sometimes, I want to be away from everything too…but there’s a right way and a wrong way to go about that. Going out alone like this isn’t the right way. These woods are dangerous, and you could get hurt. I, and your father, would be very sad if you did.”

Turning around, Sophia faced the tree, though she turned her head around so that she could see her mother. She pointed at the tree and asked, “what about this white tree? Is it dangerous?”

In that moment, Sophia could tell that her mother stumbled over her thoughts, her mouth opening, but the words not coming out. Eventually she managed to answer “it can be…do you know what that tree is?”

Having no clue, the girl shook her head, and shrugged. “A tall old tree with white bark and red leaves.” Upon thinking about it, Sophia began to pity it, for it was the only one like it around, the only white tree. She wondered if a tree could feel…could it feel lonely? Could it yearn? Feel sorrow? This tree was unlike the others…because it made her feel, but what she couldn’t place a finger on.

“It is called a Sakratu tree,” Elizabeth explained as she touched one of the exposed roots. “They are rare trees, and very old. They never die unless they are chopped down, and they are sacred to the Jainkozaharra, who claim that these trees contain spirits.”

“So there are others like this one?” asked Sophia curiously.

Elizabeth nodded her head. “There are many, and more the further north you go. The northerners…they have a legend about these trees, if you care to know.”

In no hurry to head back, Sophia nodded her head and found a spot to sit down on the ground, her mother doing the same in front of her. “In the beginning when the world was young, the Old Gods made the world, some say as a battleground for their war. Their power was imbued within the Sakratu Trees, as a means of creation and control. In the chaos of the early world, the Spirit of the Night and the Maiden of Light produced a child, who ruled the realm of men as the first God-King Under the Stars.”

“…The King Under the Stars, like Grandma’s house,” Sophia observed, pointing out her father’s mother. Isabella Orinbere was a Princess of Gauekoizarra, the kings of which claimed such a mantle.

“They claim a similar title, yes. This first God-King Under the Stars, he and his line swore to protect the trees and uphold the will of the Gods. He lived a long, long time until he eventually ascended into the stars to join the Gods. His son was the next Star King, and his son after him. Each king lived a shorter mortal life than his father that came before him, each reigning for a shorter and more troubled time than the previous king, for wild men and beasts pressed the borders of the kingdom, lesser kings grew proud and rebellious, and the common people gave themselves to sin.”

Now enthralled by her mother’s story, Sophia asked, “What about the Sakratu trees?”

Elizabeth explained that “the Star Kings protected the trees, believing them to hold the power of the Gods that they served. When the seventh king died, his daughter ascended to power as the Star Queen. She was fair and beautiful, with eyes of the deepest shade of blue and hair as long and white as a swan’s wing. Yet she was also wise, and kind, and had all the makings of a good queen. She believed in the strength of love, and with it she preserved the good of all things.”

Unfortunately, Sophia knew enough bedtime stories to know that something bad was about to happen. Elizabeth continued, “her envious younger brother believed in the strength of power, and with it he endeavored to dominate all things. So he cast her down and proclaimed himself the Blood King, for blood was the source of his power. He began a reign of terror and slavery, in which he practiced dark arts and necromancy, took a demon for his bride, feasted on human flesh and cast down the Old Gods to worship a black stone that could cast blood.”

Sophia gasped, and exclaimed “that’s terrible, mama!”

“Aye, that it is, but it is what the northerlings would have you believe,” nodded Elizabeth gravely. “This Blood Betrayal, as it is known in the annals of Ghant, ushered in the Eternal Darkness, with the Maiden of Light turning her back on the world, while the Spirit of the Night came forth to punish the wickedness of man. The Blood King broke the promise to the Gods and desired to gain the power of the trees, but alas he could not gain it no matter how many men he sacrificed to them. Eventually he sacrificed himself and entered the trees, but from the trees he could not return. Light was restored, but the Great Kingdom was not reborn for the restored world was a broken place where every tribe of men went its own way, fearful of all the others, and war, lust, and murder had endured.”

“...the Blood King’s quest for power destroyed him?” asked Sophia with a titled head.

Elizabeth nodded with a sigh. “Aye, it is so. Power, not love, is what most men covet. It has been that way ever since the Blood King. The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace as it did so long ago.”

“…but what about the Demon King, mama?” Sophia asked about an old story she once heard from her grandmother, about a Jendebasa sorcerer who ruled Ghant during the Eternal Darkness, as the story went.

“The Demon King emerged some time after the Blood King vanished from the world. Some say they were related, or that the Demon King was a follower of the Blood King, but none know for sure. All that the stories say are that he came after, during the Eternal Darkness, and that he only wanted one thing. Power, and the will to dominate all life in Ghant, by any means necessary. Upon the people he inflicted terror, war and slavery.” Elizabeth’s eyes were blue, and yet when she spoke, Sophia imagined that they became dark, as dark as the words that came forth from her mouth.

Sophia looked around, and besides her mother the wood was silent as a crypt. Not even the trees made any noise, not even the rustling of leaves, as though they too were listening to the story being told. “For it was not the power to do good and right that the Demon King sought, but simply power for its own sake. Not as a means to an end, but as an end onto itself. Yet, power is not an end, for the thirst for power only leads to more power, more and more and more until it consumes you.”

“…Is that what happened to the Blood King?” Sophia asked her mother. “Did he pursue power so fiercely that he was willing to sacrifice himself in order to get the power of the gods?”

The girl’s mother inclined her head, a sorrowful expression upon her face. “Yes, it is so. The Demon King, much like the Blood King, sacrificed a great deal in his pursuit of power, yet in the end, it destroyed him, as a great hero rose to cast him down and end the evil once and for all. This is why we have the Old Laws today, in order to prevent such men from arising ever again. For the Ghantish of old knew the consequences of domination…that being ruin.”

“What about now?” asked the girl. “Could it happen again?”

Sighing, Elizabeth shook her head. “It already has, many, many times since then. The hundred kings in Ghant, all squabbling and fighting so that they could rule over one another. Thousands of years they went round and round like clockwork, their successes fleeting. Their kingdoms like sandcastles, built gradually over time only to finally be eroded when the tide comes. Yet they never learn, and try and try again they do, only to fail all over again.”

In a way Sophia though it sad, almost tragic, that men would seek to spend their lives attempting to control everything around them, instead of simply letting things be. “So why do they keep trying? If they never get what it is they seek?”

“…Why do men do anything that they do?” Elizabeth asked rhetorically. “Because it is their nature to do it. Birds shall try to fly, fish shall try to swim, and frogs shall try to jump. So it is with men…they shall try to seek power, in their own way perhaps. It is what they do with that power that is important. Most do not use it for good…the evil kings of old certainly didn’t.”

“So very bad men, who seek power for its own sake…they could come back.” The prospect of that seemed daunting to Sophia, who couldn’t imagine such men in the world. Yet, her mother believed that they were there, or that they would be.

Elizabeth placed a gentle hand upon her daughter’s head, and stroked the long black strands of hair on her scalp. “It could…it could happen easily. For the tree of life begets other trees both good and foul. A foul tree begets bad fruit, and so it is with men, who you can judge by the fruit that they bear. You will see bad men, and you shall see them yearn for power. Like the hero of old, the choice shall fall upon you to do something about it if you can. Just know that in those days of old, if the great hero did nothing, the world surely would have fallen into darkness and despair.”

Sophia stood up straight and placed a fist over her heart. “I shall be like the great hero of old then,” she exclaimed. “When I see domination, I shall oppose it. When I see those seeking power for power’s sake, I will challenge it, and when I see despair I shall be hope.”

Smiling then, Elizabeth rose to her feet. “Very good, sweetling. I’ve never doubted your heart…it is good. Better than most.” With a wink, she added “I’ll hold you to it.” Elizabeth looked once more at the tree, and then back at her daughter. “They say that the trees always know. That they have senses like you and me…but different. Let’s not linger in this place, sweetling. Let’s go home.”

Offering Sophia her hand, Elizabeth stood in the clearing, the light of the sun upon her brown hair. Sophia smiled and took it, and together they walked off, back in the direction that she came originally. Occasionally she looked over her shoulder to see the tree. It stood there in the clearing, basking in the light, its branches swaying in the breeze. She looked back at it until it was obscured by the forest, though she knew it was still there all alone. Watching, waiting…

Long ago, in a past too grave to tell,
Destruction ruled and chaos reigned,
Hatred prevailed and blood stained,
The ground where once proud kingdoms fell,

Cursed was the fate of selfish men,
Who brought the wrath upon the land,
Destroying all they held dear and,
Bringing all life to a bitter end then,

A single land scarred by the flames of war,
Split by beings who should never have met,
Upon the bloody battlefield, fresh and wet,
With nothing truly worth fighting for,

As did they, their realms did clash,
Time distorted, tainted, torn,
Space demolished, scorched, in mourn,
The light of day clouded by ash,

Ravaged was the land once held dear,
In which the people rose in rage,
Captive, imprisoned, trapped, caged,
By their own foolishness and fear,

Peace was ended by they who screamed,
Of the tortured, of the dying,
Of the abandoned, of the crying,
Of the blind and unredeemed,

All hope lost and nevermore,
A land awaited its fitting end,
Their sins that they could not amend,
Faith and love they would not restore,

A thousand years and little would remain,
Which darkness had not swallowed whole,
And left instead to wretched souls,
The fates weaved a web of pain,

That from which the child was born,
Shocked the thinkers of the age,
Cold, Betrayal, Wrath, Rage,
Death, Sorrow, Pain, Scorn,

Yet the child rose above,
All those that long had brought him harm,
And shoved away all despair with charm,
Taking hate and forming love,

The child first was dreaded by all,
Time and Space for once agreed,
The child was a threat indeed,
And therefore the youth must fall,

Time approached the child first,
Bearing toys and cloth and coin,
Promising gifts should the child join,
The others for long cursed,

The child shook his head to Time’s dismay,
Wanting not the gifts before him,
Yet pointed to another youth grim,
And told Time to give it all away,

Time hissed in angst at his failed plan,
Looking into the child’s eyes,
The child whom he now despised,
Yet sensed no deception from and ran,

Space laughed at Time and took his turn,
He knew for certain how to win,
And so with a sick, sly grin,
He made all that the child cherished burn,

The child wept at this cruel fate,
And it was Space that in disguise,
Approached the child in teary eyes,
And searched the child’s heart for hate,

Inside there was nothing but pain,
The child ached with a heavy heart,
And so Space promised him a new start,
By thieving and scheming for his gain,

'Join me,’ said he, his voice soothing, strong,
‘And unleash your anger upon this earth,
I promise you I’ll make it worth,
The suffering you have nursed so long,’

Yet still the child shook his head,
And said that vengeance he wanted not,
For what good would come if he fought,
Only to increase such dread,

Space spat at him for his goodwill,
Leaving the despairing child behind,
To cry alone, a broken mind,
Left to die on a burning hill,

When Time and Space crossed paths once more,
They looked to each other and then their discord,
Feeling, for the first time, a twinge of remorse,
For the destruction that they had bore,

The child, you see, had touched them both,
Healing what had long been hurt,
They looked to each other, now alert,
And in their regret made a solemn oath,

To heal the world they had destroyed,
And guard that which they once had wrecked,
And that which was once in ruin they would now protect,
Each other, they would avoid,

And the child they had punished so,
For when he had done no wrong,
They gave him life and made him strong,
Repaying the debt long owed,

Just before Time and Space made to disembark,
They looked to each other yet again,
The darkness could not return, so then,
They sought the child out to mark,

The child born of love, not hate,
Was blessed with the power of the two,
Given the choice to make all anew,
And repel the very hands of fate,

The child with his allies would seek out that which they dream,
And together facing evil with courage, heart, and might,
Together they would guard the world of justice and right,
Such is the story of the King Under the Stars, so it would seem.

۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞

Inperiala Palace
Ghish, Ghant

When the Empress of Ghant woke up, it was with a gasp and a rush of blood in her chest causing it to heave. She was breathing hard and swiftly, her skin especially pale and thick with sweat. She quickly rose from her bed, throwing off the slick sheets. She was alone in her chambers, without either ladies-in-waiting or her young children nearby. The room itself was still and silent, as though there had been no activity there for some time.

Sophia looked to the clock to see the time of the day. It appeared as noon, later than she was accustomed to sleeping. Or was it? She looked around at her surroundings, to the books neatly stacked atop her desk, or the mess of clothes in the open door of her walk-in closet. It was like she had been asleep for some time, only now becoming aware of her surroundings once more.

Yet, what of myself? Slowly she staggered over to the mirror on the wall. She hardly recognized the woman she beheld in the mirror. Her raven hair was long and unkempt, flowing down around her shoulders and back, parts of it stuck to her forehead and face. There were bags beneath her deep blue eyes, her fingernails were longer than usual, and she had lost weight for want of food. She felt weak…weaker than she felt she should.

…What have I done? she felt as though she had been asleep for so very long. Sleeping even while awake, drifting along the river of life, letting the tide carry her. Once, not too long ago, she was a woman of dignity and authority that commanded respect. What was she now? Mocked and ridiculed as an absentee empress, while her husband was dominated by whores and scheming relatives.

Sophia realized that this could go on no longer. She had to come back…she had to restore herself to her former glory. Or things will get worse than they already are. Not just in Ghant, but in the world she feared. She’d be lying to herself if she said she didn’t need help. Yet who can help me? Her family was far away. Her friends were gone. Her ladies-in-waiting were listless, like rose pedals in the wind they blew this way and that.

There is one. They had not spoken in years, and yet of all the people she knew, there was one who could cut through the morass that the imperial court had become. Who can help me overcome my deficit and help me restore the proper way of things. Hesitating at first, she picked up the phone, and began to call this particular someone. The phone began to ring, and after a moments a voice answered “hello?”

Yet the Empress was at a loss for words, for her mind lay elsewhere. She thought of her husband the Emperor, and wondered if he was alright. A shameful thing to consider…I don’t know the state of my own husband. To be fair, he likely didn’t know the state of her either…did he care? Of course he does…doesn’t he? Even as the voice on the other end of the phone said “anyone there?” still her mind dwelled upon it, and the longer it did, the more sad she became…

It has been too long
Since I've seen him
And I cannot tell
If he is nervous or not.

He kisses me hesitantly
As if he does not know
If this is acceptable anymore
Because so much has been done
And so much has been left unsaid.

I smile and we exchange pleasantries
For a while.
I bite back stories of
'Remember that time when...'
Because such anecdotes are rare
And I want to save them
To use like gold coins to barter
His affection.

The years have made his
Eyes sink into his face.
He is so much older
Than I remember
And I try to count in my head
Thinking it may have been
Even longer than I've thought
Since we've seen each other.

We stay on safe topics
Like the weather
And how big our children are getting.
I do not mention
How bitter I have felt
But he must read it in my face.

Resentment ages like wine
And I know there will be no apologies.
This bridge between us is makeshift
Held together with fraying ropes
And tied with knots that can be quickly undone.

۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞

Though the snow fell down steadily outside beyond steamed glass windows, the inside of the chamber was awash with warmth from the hearty fire burning in the fireplace. The solar was neatly organized, with many books arranged alphabetically and by size upon their shelves, crowned by dusty old globes and trophies while the mounted heads of northern beasts adorned the walls.

There was an old golden grandfather clock along the wall between two shelves standing tall and dignified, the pendulum within swinging back and forth, ticking as it went side to side. The fireplace was across the room on the other side of a long wooden table, and upon a worn chair leaned a richly dressed woman with long reddish-brown hair with papers in one hand and a flagon of wine in the other, frowning as she cast the papers into the fire, watching them burn.

“I hate that fucking clock,” Cassandra remarked to her companion, a thin shaggy man dressed in robes, lurched over the table with a flagon of wine in his hand as well.

“If you hate it so much, why do you have it?” asked the Emperor of Ghant, content to lay the side of his head across the cool surface of the table, his facial hair and scraggly beard poking out at the surface.

“It was grandmother’s,” she replied thoughtfully as she cast another paper into the fire without even looking at it. “She hated it too, she said, but kept it because though we may hate it, we must be aware of the passage of time. Hating it won’t make it stop, or go away. It will keep on ticking either way.” Cassandra drank some of her wine, savoring the taste of the black brew upon her tongue.

Nathan looked up from the table, and threw back some of his to match her. He gulped it like a man dying of thirst upon reaching the oasis, filling his throat with a steady stream of liquid. Then he said “Time is less important than the manner in which we spend it. If I am enjoying the time that I spend, then it matters now how much of it I lose.”

“With whores?” Cassandra laughed. “Have you finally gotten bored of them, since you’re here with me and not with them?”

The Emperor laughed as he staggered to get up, before giving up, and slumping back down into his chair. “Sex, sex, sex, sex, sex. After awhile it just becomes like anything else. Eating, drinking, pissing, shitting. I like eating, but I don’t want to spend all day doing it. Where’s the fun in that?”

Cassandra kept throwing papers into the fire without giving much thought to their contents. “Anything in moderation can be good. You just have no self-control, and that’s your problem.”

“…And why do you think that’s a problem?” asked the Emperor curiously.

“You don’t have anyone to tell you no, you can’t or don’t, and that’s what you’re used to.” Cassandra arrived at the last piece of paper, but hesitated at throwing it into the fire. “What you need is someone who’s willing and able to keep you focused on what’s important.” Having said that, Cassandra opened up the paper to reveal a letter. “Like this,” she added, before beginning to read it out loud.

Concerning the members of the Gavinian Regency Council: Prince Alexander, Prince Michael, Prince Benjamin, Princess Natalie, Princess Jocasta, General Martin Benajah, John Carmel, Count Matthias Beroth, Admiral Davenant, General Pinguis, Bishop Arminius and Count Nabal.

That Gavinium Magnus’ military forces be dismantled entirely and their rehabilitation be governed by the ruling regency council.

That the constitution of the country be discussed and implementation of an agreed upon structure be undertaken by a committee to be appointed with the approval of the regency council.

That due compensation be given to the member states of the Coalition. This must not be done in such a manner as to deprive Gavinium Magnus of a working economy to be able to pay people for work, maintain reasonable standards of public health and sanitation, provide a solid education and rebuild the nation for the future. This must be subject to diplomacy within the coalition.

That religious persecution be ended, and Leenic and Christian missionaries be legally permitted to entry in the country subject to visa fees.

That reconstruction of damaged areas of the nation balance employment of citizens with contracts for tenders from the coalition nations.

The Chacano government wants 50% of revenues and to keep all remaining F-35 parts they had captured.

The Shrailleeni want the Gavinians to pay for destruction of Leenic and Shraileeeni property.

The Adiran government wants limited contract bids for rebuilding damaged telecom and infrastructural projects in Jacobium and in the north.

Every nation wants access to rebuilding contracts. All coalition members want freedom for their banks.

Lalery proposes, in response to this, that the banks form a consortium responsible to the coalition and operating within regulations that would be set by the regency council to deal with keeping the nation and its citizens solvent.

From within the Council of Ministers, there were many appointments and shifts of resources that would be required, but it would not be as though Gavinium was merely some savage country without anything more than stone wells and animal dung for fire material. An army of occupation made up of regular Edomite troops, Delvians, Hydrenians, Imperium forces, under Edomite command will be provided, a squadron of Edomite ships will cover the ocean boundaries. Until the Gavinians are retrained the defense budget for Gavinium Magnus would cover the cost. Some Gavinian units, those which had turned to the true king, would be permitted to operate under Edomite command. In some cases they would have to prove further worthiness in overseas duties or in rebuilding projects.

The key Edomites involved include Princess Jocasta, General Martin Benajah, John Carmel, Count Matthias Beroth, Admiral Davenant, General Pinguis, Bishop Arminius and Count Nabal.

-Count Thomas Lalery, acting President of the Council of Ministers

“Hydrenians and Imperium forces for fucksake,” Nathan said exasperatingly as he smacked the table with his free hand. “Rapists, criminals, thugs and religious fanatics on my fucking front door. This is horseshit and the Edomites are the prize stallions.”

“More like jackasses to me,” Cassandra quipped with a faint grin. “one by one the nations of Cornellia fall to the sound of asses braying.”

Nathan rubbed his head as he groaned. “I’m getting tired of New Edom.”

“…It took you this long?” Cassandra suppressed a laugh, letting slip a snigger instead.

“They just keep taking more and more and more.” The Emperor leaned back against his chair and plucked the beads of wine from his beard. “I want to do something about it.”

Cassandra gave him a long sideways glance. “What do you have in mind?”

“I’m tired of dealing with all of these fucking pricks like Enoch Tubal-Cain, Nicanor and…Lalery,” the Emperor snarled at that last name. “I want to go straight to the source. King Elijah…he’s man of honor that doesn’t beat around the bush or play games. A serious man who’s meant to be treated with respect, unlike the weasels who surround him and his wife.”

Pursing her lips and looking into the fire, Cassandra replied, “that’s quite the undertaking. You know…” the princess tapped her chin, “all of this business going on in Hostillia made me realize that we have some potential allies there. I have this one old friend in particular that could be of some assistance in this matter. A nobleman by the name of Ding Dong…a lord of many talents.”

“…With a name like that, I’d certainly hope that’s the case.” Nathan scratched the side of his nose and told his cousin that “I’ll deal with Hostillia once I get this Gavinium and Edomite business sorted out. One thing at a time, after all, and that starts with writing to the King about this regency business.”

“You’ll want this then,” Cassandra told the Emperor as she held up the letter for him to take. “You’ll find a report from the Ghantish regency council members and the Privy Council in there.”

The Emperor rose from his seat laboriously, staggered over to Cassandra and took the paper. “Thanks. Until later.”

“Until then,” the princess sniggered as she gave him a playful slap on the behind. The Emperor wandered out of the chamber and down the hall with letter in hand, to his own rooms. Even after he got there and wrote his message, he couldn’t help but feel distracted. He thought about how he was everything he never wanted to be, but became all the same. A drunken wastrel, an incompetent fool and above all, a serial womanizer and cheater…

To: King Elijah of New Edom
From: Nathan, Fourth of His Name, Emperor of Ghant, High King of the Ghantar, King of Gholghant, King of Dienghant, King of Low Ghant, Lord of Ghish, Lord of Gaztelua, Lord of Degusa, Lord of Gholgoth and Protector of the Realm
Subject: Gavinium
Encryption: Medium

Your Majesty,

I hope this communiqué finds you in good health and high spirits, as well as your family. I have had the chance to review a recent memorandum provided to the Gavinian Regency Council concerning various demands. My Privy Council has collected opinions from the Ghantish members of the Regency Council, those being my cousin Prince Alexander, my brother-in-law Prince Michael and his cousin Prince Benjamin. Upon deliberation, this is what they have resolved upon the aforementioned demands:

That Gavinium Magnus’ military forces be dismantled entirely and their rehabilitation be governed by the ruling regency council (the Ghantish regents have reached a consensus in agreement).

That the constitution of the country be discussed and implementation of an agreed upon structure be undertaken by a committee to be appointed with the approval of the regency council (the Ghantish regents have reached a consensus in agreement).

That due compensation be given to the member states of the Coalition. This must not be done in such a manner as to deprive Gavinium Magnus of a working economy to be able to pay people for work, maintain reasonable standards of public health and sanitation provide a solid education and rebuild the nation for the future. This must be subject to diplomacy within the coalition (the Ghantish regents have reached a consensus in agreement).

That religious persecution be ended, and Leenic and Christian missionaries be legally permitted to entry in the country subject to visa fees (the Ghantish regents have reached a consensus in agreement).

That reconstruction of damaged areas of the nation balance employment of citizens with contracts for tenders from the coalition nations (the Ghantish regents have reached a consensus in agreement).

The Chacano government wants 50% of revenues and to keep all remaining F-35 parts they had captured (the Ghantish regents have reached a consensus in agreement).

The Shrailleeni want the Gavinians to pay for destruction of Leenic and Shraileeeni property (the Ghantish regents have reached a consensus in agreement).

The Adiran government wants limited contract bids for rebuilding damaged telecom and infrastructural projects in Jacobium and in the north (the Ghantish regents have reached a consensus in agreement).

Every nation wants access to rebuilding contracts. All coalition members want freedom for their banks (the Ghantish regents have reached a consensus in agreement).

Lalery proposes, in response to this, that the banks form a consortium responsible to the coalition and operating within regulations that would be set by the regency council to deal with keeping the nation and its citizens solvent (the Ghantish regents have reached a consensus in agreement).

Concerning the nature of the occupation forces, there is some disagreement. Princes Alexander and Benjamin have joined the Privy Council and the Government in stating their opposition to Imperium forces involved in the occupation army of Gavinium. As Emperor of Ghant, I must state now that we find the presence of Imperium forces so close to our borders to constitute a threat to Ghantish national security. We strongly encourage you to consider disallowing their involvement in post-war occupation of Gavinium.

However, I wish to communicate this in the spirit of goodwill and camaraderie, from one sovereign to another. It is my intention, with your assent of course, to make a state visit to New Edom to demonstrate my commitment to friendship and geniality between our nations and the furtherance of national cooperation. I would be happy to discuss these matters and others in person at your leisure.

Thank you, and sincerely,

Emperor of Ghant

Scarlet, bittersweet as wine
Roses are no friend of mine.
The petals, dark and deep as pine
Falsest of all promise’ fine
Like theater curtains; wrinkled, red,
My pain within the tears I shed.

And oh, how I remember
Their crimson faith in deep December
And how they used to glow for me
Who felt naught of their mutiny
When, even in all paradise,
They lay
Indifferent and sharp as ice.

And even as a roaring flame
Leapt up and licked my bitter shame
And slowly seared my throat like blade
of Mercury, I still defied in vain
And twined my broken spirit ‘round the stem
Yet only to have gored my heart again.

The roses, oh, their velvet hue
Enough to tempt me, half-heart’d woo
The gash, as pure as child’s tears
Still lays upon my heart, so torn in fear
Of ravaged blood, the roses still
Long since withered on the windowsill.

۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞

Jocasta’s Estate
Fineberg, New Edom

Prince Michael of Dakmoor was a lot of things these days. A Prince in two countries, an honorary officer in the Edomite Royal Cavalry Guard, a husband and quite recently, a member of the Gavinian Regency Council, most likely due to the influence of his father. Michael had not been involved in government affairs of this nature since his ill-fated marriage to Mara, and he relished the opportunity to return to such prominence.

In his capacity as a council member, he reviewed various proposals, demands and grievances, and provided his opinions on them. Most of the time he agreed with the other members of the council, both Edomite and Ghantish. His wife was on the council, as was his cousin Prince Benjamin of Dakmoor, his wife Princess Natalie and Prince Alexander of Ghant. He had a decent rapport with both Benjamin and Alexander, and the two of them greatly respected Michael’s opinion and welcomed his input on council matters.

Except for one matter, that is. It seemed as though they, in addition to the Ghantish Privy Council and the Government of Ghant, opposed the Edomite idea of allowing Imperium forces to form a part of the Gavinian occupation government. Simply put, none of the powerful factions in Ghant liked the Imperium or trusted the Curia as far as they could be thrown. That included his own brother Martin, who used his position on the Privy Council to great effect towards this end.

They all had their reasons for opposing the Imperium, Michael realized. Martin fought against them in one of the many wars against Adiron, while their sister Sophia found their politics to be abhorrent. Nathan was irrationally loyal to Adiron to a fault, because they showed him friendship while the Imperium had shown him nothing. The sanctions and embargos against the Imperium stood, and not even light nudging by the increasingly unpopular Edomites could get the Ghantish powers that be to budge on that.

But I can change that. Michael stood at a unique juncture between his Edomite loyalties and his Ghantish sensibilities. If anyone could broker some sort of understanding between Ghant and the Imperium, it was he. Michael strongly believed that the future best interest of Ghant was to align itself more closely with New Edom and the Imperium, and his place on the regency council might give him the avenue to put that into motion.

Michael contemplated all of these things as he considered something else he was now. A Father. He always wanted to be one, but many times thought he never would be, due to his lack of being able to settle down. Much to his delight he finally did, and he gave his beloved wife Jocasta the one thing that he knew she always wanted. A son…a strong, healthy son.

Prince James was just an infant, yet never had one baby held so much promise. The baby appeared content, and Michael adored him a great deal. More than my father ever adored me. Gently he approached his son’s crib and with deft, careful hands plucked the infant and held him in his arms. The feeling of holding his young son filled the Prince of Dakmoor with joy, and he walked around the infant’s room with him in his arms.

“I’ve waited a long time for you,” Michael told James. “Your mother has too. You will be a fine prince, just you wait and see. God willing, a good king too…” this truly was an Age of Glory…

My son…I saw you born
I will see you take your first step
I will hear you speak your first word

I will lead you down
the path of life
teaching you as much
as you teach me

I will see you grow
and I will see
that you will equal
and surpass me

You will grow to be
strong and fair
a greater weight
than I am, and
are meant to bear

We will reach the fork
on the road we will stop
look back and see our
journey so far

For so long you will
have followed me
but only the future
can I clearly see

Someday we will part
and say farewell
on that day be
proud and strong
learn and teach
as I taught you

I will remember you well
always following me
so look to the future
and be strong and kind

but remember those
that follow you
close behind

In those things
you do for me
then my son
you will find your destiny
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | IIwiki | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin | Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

New Visayan Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:15 am

Dominic Kang
Visayan Embassy

"Ah, welcome. You're just in time for lunch," Dominic said. "Come, be seated." Saying Grace, he passed through a nondescript door, coming back with plates and cutlery good for all of them.

Lunch was a somewhat Spartan affair, with baked milkfish the main dish. As Dominic worked his way through his meal, he listened to the explanation provided by the two activists.

Strange that their minder from the Foreign Ministry hasn't said much, Domonic thought as the members of the Freedom of Expression Association continued on.

"I cannot see any reason to oppose a complete divestment prior to emigration; as asylees, it is inevitable that they would have to leave the nation they once called home behind. The pages of history are replete with similar examples, as they were.

"I would, however, suggest that the detention centers be reserved for those of a more...extreme...persuasion. We cannot simply bring the LGBT asylees out of the frying pan and into the fire; should my initial suggestion not pass muster, we could use the detention centers as holding camps where asylees may stay whilst their background checks are underway. Depending on capacity, though...yes, the second proposal should work."
Embassy program of the NVI
Time zone: GMT+8
For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Neue Regensburg
Secretary

Founded: Jan 19, 2019

Postby Neue Regensburg » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Neue Regensburg was a nation different in many ways from the rest of the world. They achieved this not through outlandishly holding to one extreme or the other, but by sticking to their beliefs as the world changed around them. They were descended from Germanic tribes, but spoke both Latin and German fluently. They were Catholics, but religious minorities had full and equal rights. They did not tolerate nudity, seeing it as the pinnacle of a civilization’s collapse to tolerate such brazen behavior; but would never implement a Hostilian system of morality and punishment, viewing such a nation as just as bad as the fucking Nazi rebels in the 1940s, whose guerilla forces had harassed the nation until 1995.

And so, as the nation’s intelligence, diplomatic and military communities looked on the barbaric Tu Long Ba incident with horror, a message was sent to New Edom and Chaco:
Confidential Communique to the Governments of Chaco and New Edom
From the Ministry of Intelligence
Priority (ALPHA-ZULU): ZULU
Clearance: ZULU

Seeing the horrific events befalling the Christian community in Tu Long Ba, as well as the blatant hostility of the Hostilian government towards a civilized way of life, the government of Neue Regensburg is happy to assist you in any future military expeditions in Hostilia, or against their forces elsewhere.

Lanxi, Hostilia

Bishop Christian Meier was born a poor boy in the village of Rhen, in the Karmesinrotwald, or the Crimson Forest. His family often struggled to produce enough food to make a living and still be able to eat, but their faith in Christ kept them strong. Christian served first as a member of the choir, then an altar boy. Even when his friends strayed from the path, he remained always loyal to the Church. He had gone to the Das Karmesinrotpriestseminar to study for the priesthood, and offered his first mass five years ago. He ministered to the people of Rhen with the love and care that the late Father Sebastian Kreuzmann had always shown his family, always lending his shoulder if one needed to talk, always willing to give up his meals for the day if one was struggling and eager to extend forgiveness to all. So he was disheartened but excited when the Diocese of the Crimson Forest reassigned him to convert the lost souls of Hostilia.

When he arrived he quickly began work, communicating with the poor in the village and offering himself in full. The first villager to convert was the Elder, Shin, after the priest, who had medical training, healed his son from what in the area was a typically deadly infection. Though the Father explained that he was only applying the scientific principles in existence since God creates the Earth, the Elder was convinced that this work of charity was a miracle. He converted in a small but reverent ceremony with the entire village in attendance. In some ways, perhaps it was a miracle, because soon after, converts were popping up everywhere in the village and outside of it. Father Meier petitioned for a Bishop to be sent to set up a diocese, so the Church could gain a solid foothold in the promising region. Instead, the Pope made him a Bishop, and he returned to Lanxi, the village in a very celebratory mood over the promotion, with 4 missionary priests, 5 Chacoan doctors who had moved to Regensburg for work, only to find the spirituality of their youth, 10 religious sisters who would educate the villagers and 10 lay missionaries.

Over the next few years Catholicism indeed became very popular, as reverence to ancestors was compared to the saints, and the story of Christ inspired many poor people to convert.

Today
Bishop Meier told Father Fritz Bauer to come with him to meet with the Chacoan doctors and pray over the doctor and his patient as a risky operation would be performed to remove a tumor. He was about to go pray in the humble clinic, when the Elder came sprinting into his office. “I have just heard that the government whipped a Christian woman near to death in Tu Long Ba! Could we be next?!” Meier crossed himself and held close his rosary. “Let us pray to God that we are not, but if the magistrate or emperor target us next, let us go down faithful to the Word of the Lord.” The Elder responded, and said “I will reassure the villagers that the path we are embarking upon is just.” Meier looked the Elder in the eyes, and said, “Pax Domini, Elder Shin. Pax Domini.

Regensschloss (The Palace of Rain), Regensburg Stadt, Neue Regensburg
King Peter IX looked at his son from upon the throne. He gazed at Peter von Wittlesburg with the doting yet stern look only a father can master. He quietly shed a few tears as he observed his 20 year old son in his fine-pressed Marine uniform, standing at attention before him, Kanzler Daniel Zähringover, General Johann Eisenherz and Kardinal Claus von Lechner. His mother, the Queen, and his three princess sisters stood in attendance. The Kardinal, in solemn tone, asked in Latin, "Do you swear to cast off Satan, to reaffirm your unconditional devotion to the Lord, promise yourself to your nation again both now, in your continued military service, and when you ascend to the throne? Placing his hand on the Bible, he said "Ego Facio. Lang lebe das Königsreich Neue Regensburg!"
He then turned towards General Eisenherz. In German, the most senior general in the Regensburg military said: "Welcome to the 1st. Elitemarineinfanteriebataillon. ACHTUNG!" Snapping to a salute, 1st Lt. von Wittelsburg shouted "JAWOHL!"

King Peter then asked everybody to leave the room. They obliged. He said "Oh Peter, I remember when you were but a child, dueling with Paul Zähringover in the garden with a plastic sword and shield. I'm so proud of you. I was in the service once, but the chances are growing ever more likely, as the world gets more dangerous, you will see combat. I have managed to keep the peace for now, but you have just taken one of the most dangerous assignments in the military. You know that I fought against Nazi guerrillas in the Karmesinrotwald, and I lost several good friends. I believe in you, Sohn, and if you ever need anything from me, you know all you have to do is ask." The younger Peter, who moments ago looked the part of the, hugged his father. He wanted to tell him how he didn't want to get anything because of his royal status, or how he was scared he wouldn't make him proud, but all he could get out was, "Ich liebe dich, Vati." Both men shed silent tears, as 1st Lieutenant von Wittelsburg prepared to enter an entirely new world.
Last edited by Neue Regensburg on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Republica De Gran Chaco
Chargé d'Affaires

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:46 am

Coast of Ceti, Sican Territory

The first wave was ashore, and now Jaime made his way onto the LCU to follow up with the second wave. He wanted to be on the beach if anything were to happen to his men. He could not bear the thought of being stuck on the ship while his boys were in combat, no matter how small of a risk that was. The beach that had been chosen was far from any known large villages and in a harbor that would be a decent spot to keep supplying the military and development people that were to be coming in. The other side of the bay had tribes, but the CLI was being landed by helicopter to act as a blocking force and to make contact in order to let the people know that they were subjects of Chaco now.

The first wave of Marines had been pushing out from the beach to provide security for the next troops that were landing. Engineers were being offloaded from another ship to start clearing out trees in order to begin construction on what would become the temporary harbor. This location was to be established at the first point in which to start development from the civilian firms that were being set to come. Jaime took his place on the LCU with his Sergeant Major and waited for it to start heading off towards the beach.

The morning air was cold as it whipped in Jaime’s face. He crossed his arms over his webbing to try and stay a bit warmer, but it did nothing to prevent him from shivering as the boat made its way towards shore. He took comfort in the fact that in a few hours it would be hot, and that he would be wishing for the cold again. In his head he went over the security line and patrol orders that he had issued for the day. He knew that there wasn’t much to worry about from the locals in this area, but there would be work to do starting today. Trees needed to come down, bunkers and lodgings needed to go up, roads would need to be cleared. There would be a lot of labor that would have to be done, and all in the hot and sticky of the jungle. Jaime had maps to old company sites that were in the area that they were to check out in the following days. To see how well they could be cleared and if any of the buildings were salvageable.

The equipment inside no doubt had been taken or had rotted from years of neglect in this environment. Still at least old overgrown roads and compounds would be better to deal with than trying to hack away the virgin jungle. The driver announces that the ramp would drop in thirty seconds, and Jaime adjusted the folded up 5.56mm Galil that he carried. The rifle was smaller and lighter then the rest of the Marines, but Jaime figured that as a battalion commander he would only need it for self defense if something went wrong. He also carried less ammo, and as a result had a lighter load to haul around. That was a nice perk of rank that he enjoyed, though he did miss the riverine operations of his younger days.

The boat slowed and the ramp dropped. Jaime looked at his sergeant major and asked, “Ready?”

“Yes sir, lets get this shit done with. I don’t want the boys grab-assing and avoiding work.” Came the reply.

Jaime smiled and moved to the beach, there was going to be a lot of work to be done in the next few weeks before engineers and private contractors took over. He was pleased to see everyone move out in an orderly manner, even if they were laughing and talking as they did it. He decided to let them have their time. Sweat would come soon.

Beihe, Hostillia

A knock came at the door of Ensign Enrique Marleni’s room. He got up and answered. One of the lawyers that had been part of the investigation to his alleged insubordination was standing in his service uniform with his cover under one arm, “Mind if I come in Ensign?”

“Please do. Would you like some coffee? They were kind enough to give me a small coffee maker.” Marleni asked.

The lawyer declined. He sat down and waited for Marleni to do the same, then began speaking, “I am here to give you news of our investigation.”

Marlenis heart began beating quickly and he leaned forward, “Go on sir. Is it bad?”

“Not for you son. Every sailor on that boat wrote statements saying that you disobeyed no orders, and that the Lieutenant Alcabú had never even issued an order to withdraw until you were already doing so. In fact, all witnesses aboard stated separately that he was asleep in his cabin with ear muffs on. No charges will be brought against you. Lieutenant Alcabú, however, is facing charges for falsely accusing you, and dereliction of duty. You are free to return to your ship, which has a new captain and is currently preparing to move out, upriver again.”

A smile broke across Marleni’s face and he jumped up in excitement, “Am I free to leave now sir?”

“Soon, I have some papers for you to read and sign and then you may go.” The lawyer said.

Marleni felt light, as if he could float around the room. He knew he should have payed more attention to what was being signed but the weight of a court marshal had been lifted off of his back. He hardly remembered packing his things into his seabag or catching the cab to his boat but the sight of the GCS Panay docked at the wharf was one that he would never forget.

He hurriedly jogged over to the dock dodging workers and men carrying supplies back and forth. Some locals scowled at him, but he ignored it. Marleni ran up the dock and stopped, He saluted the ensign and the officer of the deck and asked in a loud voice, “Permission to come aboard sir!”

“Permission granted!” Came the reply from Gunners Mate First Class Emanuel Jimenez, “Welcome back sir! I thought we would have to leave without you.”

“Not a chance Manny Jimenez! The old Panay couldn’t leave without me!” Shouted Marleni, “Now point me to the new captain so I can report for duty.”

Bryan returned to the church rectory that he had been staying at and was happy to see that the other officers were out on duty. Some soldiers had seen him coming through in his filthy Hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts, but did not comment. The little Gorkhalis only smiled and saluted. Bryan returned their greetings and hurried into his apartment. His wife was not there, so he took the time to strip off his lipstick stained clothes and to throw them into the washing machine. Bryan jumped into the shower and then put on a fresh combat uniform.

He was in the jungle green trousers and shirt that he had requested while he was in Gavinium. The Khaki shorts were not the best thing to wear in that environment so he had gotten his regimental commander to approve of a change in uniform. The colonel had been pleased with an excuse to get a new uniform for combat duty, “This has been a long time coming, Bryan. Those shorts are nice on a hot day in garrison, but unfit for patrols.”

Bryan sat down on the couch and wondered what he was going to tell Alicia. No doubt she would be furious with him. He waited for some time and began wondering where she was.

“She shouldn’t be out this long. Where would she even go?” he thought.

He soon heard footsteps and giggling. Alicia’s voice rang out, “He’ll be gone all day, he has to watch a boat or something. Its ok for you to come in. ooooh! Don’t do that, wait until we are inside.”

Bryan had a sick curiosity at this, though he knew what it meant. His shame at his actions the night before were forgotten and a small rage grew in his belly. Alicia walked in with the same Indy lance corporal that he had seen at the airport when he picked her up. Bryan glared at the pair as they came in and they both looked stunned. The lance corporal tried to play it off awkwardly, “Well I’ll be going now ma’am.”

Bryan stood up and shouted, “Stand at attention!”

The boy froze and did as he was told. Bryan walked over and grabbed his wallet out of his pocket. He took the boy’s military ID and tossed the wallet on the ground, “This will be reported to your CO. Now get the fuck out of here.”

The lance corporal picked up his wallet and ran. Alicia looked furious, “Bryan you are such an asshole!”

“Really? A LOW CLASS ENLISTED MAN!? DO YOU HAVE NO CARE FOR YOUR CHILDREN!?” He shouted.

She was taken aback, knocked on her heels. Bryan had never shouted at her like this, even in fights he grew angry, but never screamed like this. She gathered herself up and began yelling back, “He understands me! He isn’t some stupid rich boy who moved me away from home! Bryan I’m leaving you! I can’t stand this life, with all of these stupid white bitches who treat me like garbage. At least Ronaldo will understand me!”

Bryan just stood there looking at her with a white-hot rage, “Fine, go back to your home. Find your own way though.”

He picked up the phone that was in the room and dialed a number and waited for it to answer, “Hi, this is Lieutenant Colonel Cayo, may I speak with Colonel Ramirez…Ok thank you.”

He waited a moment for the colonel to answer while Alicia just watched, wondering what he was doing. The colonel picked up and Bryan began speaking, “Sir, it’s Bryan…they are well sir, we are almost all prepared…Yes sir. Sir, I am calling for a personal favor if you can help me out since I am going out soon. Could you please send a detachment to my home to guard my children, and call my parents to pick them up and bring them to Chaco. I am going to file for divorce my wife on the grounds of unfaithfulness and if you could grant an emergency restraining order against her and get it signed by a judge I would be in your debt. … No sir that won’t be a problem, she is an Indy and doesn’t have full citizenship… well she is informing me that she is running away with an enlisted man from the 8th Indigenous Infantry Regiment… I know sir, it is tearing me up, but I need to keep my kids safe, I don’t want them kidnapped…Thank you sir, I owe you forever for this.”

Bryan set down the phone and looked at Alicia who was staring at him in shock with her mouth open. He spoke in a calm controlled voice, “Get out and run to your Ronaldo. He can have you now.”

“Bryan please! Don’t do this!” She now begged with tears in her eyes.

“Alicia, you made your position clear. Now get out, or you will be in violation of the restraining order and a threat to an army officer. The courts will not look at that kindly.” He said and grabbed his cover and walked out of the room. He walked around the corner of the building and came to a place where he could be alone between a house and the wall that encircled the grounds. Bryan sat and buried his face in his hands and sobbed uncontrollably for what seemed like an eternity. He had no control, over it and shook as he cried. Even after the tears stopped, he felt that he could not get up. What was he to do? Who could he talk to? He felt dirty and alone.

The mix of his own sins of the night before and harshness that he had just laid against his wife felt like they would crush him. He would need to confess, but he could not bear to go before God just yet. What must God think of him for this? Bryan slowly brought out the card with Sarah Wendt’s number and stared at it for a while. She didn’t know him, and had no influence on his career, didn’t know his parents and couldn’t spread rumors about him throughout the army. He knew that the army wouldn’t judge him, she was an Indy after all, but still he did not want the story to spread, judgement or not. He texted Sarah and asked if she would meet him for a drink at a bar in the international district after she was finished with her duty. He wanted this to be in a place where they would both be recognized so he could not make the same mistake again, but he didn’t want to feel alone, and as an officer he couldn’t get wasted alone in public right before they set out.

Sarah, want to meet at Changs Bar at 18:30?
-Bryan
كان التيز سمين

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011

Postby New Edom » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:15 pm

To: The Ministry of Intelligence of Neue Regensburg, to the Foreign Ministry of Gran Chaco
Subject: Missionaries
Security Most Secret, Eyes Only

I appreciate your message of sympathy. While your nation has no treaty partnership at present, we have a natural desire to make sure that all Christian missionaries are treated fairly. The lady in question was a pious and gentle soul who had only concern to spread the Gospel through her charitable acts, yet has been accused of being a woman of low morals.

I request a list of missionary activities that your countries are participating in missionary activity so that they can be, if need be, protected or provided with assistance. After all, we followers of Christ need to stick together.

I have the honour to be
General John Ashdod, Minister of Police

Sarah Wendt returned to the bachelor officer quarters at the Edomite base in Beihe, feeling rather awful. She was given a sour glance by the senior officer, who had the same rank, of the female BOQ.

“Oh yes,” said the woman, staring at her in the lobby. “Here she is. Wendt the whore. Wendt the scarlet Jezebel. Wendt the whore. Have you come in that ridiculous leather skirt to waft the scent of your filthy slit to seduce men of honour, or have you sunk to the point of taking the slants up your honey pot to mix with the Dengali spunk stewing up there?”

“Shut your stupid mouth,” Wendt stormed at her. “Have you ever actually been in action? Ever done anything other than make sure people have enough paper and mint tea for the office? Then get out of my face you tried up old trout!”

She heard the woman squawking behind her as she stomped up the stairs, the unfamiliar heels making her ankles ache, and went into the room. She encountered a major with a medical patch who gaped at her and barked, “Hey you, this is officer headquarters!”

Wendt in response flashed her ID, the woman stared at her, bowed and turned on her heel and walked out.

“My career is over,” sighed Wendt as she entered the room. There was an envelope on the floor, and she bent down to get it, forced by her heels and squirt to go into a squatting position and then got up, shut the door and read it. It was from Tom. A barb soared from her belly to her throat. She sat down and read it carefully and then put it down, staring at the wall where a big spider sat.

What did he mean? The more she read it, the more she felt like she was on uncertain ground. Why did Tom even write this--did he want her or not? She pondered it carefully, and then heard a buzz on her phone. She checked and felt the old familiar rush of shame and delight.

Sarah Wendt felt too ashamed to pray to God. She was too dirty; and she was too...proud to repent. Her fingers moved rapidly. Sounds fun. How about the Parrot Club?

Then she showered again, put on the parade dress with skirt, low modest heels, kepi, jacket and tie, and headed to the briefing. The old female Lieutenant-Colonel was there from admin. Face like a sphinx. The Governor-General was not present. Instead there was his Adjutant-General, an Anglo-German officer they called Frederick the Flenser. He asked little of her, since she was just there to listen and receive orders.

Or was she? The Flenser cornered her after. He was a withered stick of a man but apparently no fool was General von Drang, an engineer and skilled planner who spoke a couple of Hostillian dialects and even at the food and drank the liquor, so the stories went.

“We may be forming a new expeditionary force,” he informed her. “A new HQ to be formed for it. Your name came up.”

“Oh,” she said faintly.

“If the negotiations don’t go off, we need this force ready.” he continued, “And you would be staff signals if you want the job.”

“Very much so sir,” she said brightly. She immediately wondered why though.

He paused, “I am less concerned, Colonel Wendt, with the morals of my officers than their effectiveness. As long as you are discreet.” He paused and stared at her. “You can be discreet, can you?”

“I…” Wendt felt her heart freeze, but it was not her first waltz. She glanced around and then put her hand on his fly. “Yes, sir, I can…”

“What the hell are you doing?” he said, glancing down.

“I…”

“Move your hand away at once,” he said coldy.

Oh shit thought Wendt.

“Wendt, I don’t want your slut’s body,” he said. “I want your mind. Keep your filthy parts away from the troops and you can whore yourself to all the foreigners you want. Keep discipline, give me your skill and undying loyalty. What I want out of this is the Golden Eagle and a promotion. Give me that and I will reward you. Fail me and this will break you. If you were not so talented you woudl be flung on the gutter.” von Drang smiled drily. “Carry on, Colonel Wendt. Report to me at 2 this afternoon and we will begin planning.”
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:33 am

The Parrot Club,
Great City Beihe,
The International Zone
Empire of Hostillia

Hong Li stood behind the bar and watched the people go to and fro through the window. He was dressed in a white apron, shirt sleeves elegantly striped, and trousers with suspenders. Normally his expression was bland, benevolent and pleasant. Nearby, Lang was polishing the counter and Ah Sam was moving briskly with a smile to give two Roman civil servants iced lemonade.

Then a blonde Edomite officer came in off the street, wearing khaki skirt, blouse and dark shoes, her kepi still on her head, and Hong approached with a smile. “Missee Captain want-a table one?” All officers were ‘captain’ to Hong.

“No, two piece table,” said Sarah Wendt, removing her cap, glancing in a reflective window nearby and smoothing her bobbed hair.

“Menu?” beamed Hong.

“Yes,” she said and sat, smoothing her skirt under her. She hated arriving first, but oh well.

Bryan stepped in off of the street and removed the slouch had he had been wearing. It took him a moment for his eyes to adjust as he looked around the room to see if Sarah had already arrived. He spotted her and waived off the man trying to give him a table, “No I’m Meeting someone.”

He walked over and sat down across from Sarah and set his cover on the table. He greeted her with a, “How’s your head? Mine is still throbbing.”

“I was mostly concerned about the boot polish or whatever was in my mouth,” replied Sarah with her blue eyes twinkling at him. “But I washed it out so thoroughly. I’m Sarah Wendt, did I say that already?”

“You must have, because that was what I have been calling you in my mind.” Bryan said with a grin. A waiter came by and Bryan ordered a drink, “Ugh, it’s been a tiring day. I’ve been needing this. You didn’t run into any trouble with your command did you? I hope you made it out ok, despite the morning mess.”

Sarah’s mouth quirked in a bit of a grimace like smile. “You know, I didn’t, but there will be some nonsense round the mess about me turning up like a dance hall girl. What can I do?” she spread her hands and sighed. She ordered “Gin-tong ah,” and said, “We should probably eat. Or I should. I have a meeting later. GSO4 for a new expeditionary force, that’s me. In spite of my oops, not because of,” she said with a more genuine smile. Up closer, she had delicate features, germanic but with a touch of the wide and sensual Baran mouth, and her hair was the colour of yellow cream.

Bryan nodded in agreement and picked up a menu, “Yeah eating would be a good thing I think. Well you know with talk, everything gets around a barracks. As long as you are still getting assignments that's what important I suppose, though it can be embarrassing. I made a mistake in my old unit and chose to transfer out here. I was what we consider an elite regiment, so it was kind of embarrassing for me to do so. I ended up enjoying the lifestyle, and my Colonial Commission is higher than my permanent one and gave me command again, but reputation can change the course of your career. I will tell you this though, I do love my boys, they are bloodthirsty little savages, but charming as hell.”

“Oh my gosh,” said Sarah, putting her hands to her mouth a moment, “Wow. I had the same thing...I was Operations General Staff, but I had a fuck up too, and got booted to a Dengali Regiment. I’ve been kind of a pariah actually...gosh, I had no idea. I’m not necessarily happy for you but it’s nice that I don’t have to pretend to be some angel in uniform. And it’s nice of you to want to have some lunch, so I’m glad you texted. So what kind of unit are you in command of now?” she asked, leaning forward and looking at him curiously.

Bryan set down the menu and really looked at her for the first time. The girl was beautiful, and was proving fun to talk too. He kind of chuckled when she put her hands to her mouth, but grew a bit more serious at the mention of her being a pariah. He leaned back in his chair ran his hand through his hair.

“Well, you don’t have to be an angel here, and I don’t really care that you are a pariah, unless you robbed me or something. You aren’t my responsibility and it is nice to talk with someone outside of the click” Bryan joked, “I command 2nd Battalion Dongying Rifle Regiment. We are preparing for deployment on the river, which I am sure you know being a signals girl if I remember correctly. There isn’t much hiding the build up. So how does a pariah keep getting assignments? You must be doing something right.”

Sarah brushed a lock of fair hair back into a neat bob where the door opening to admit another set of customers had blown it free and shrugged. “I’m good at what I do. I’m good at organization and planning. So my position in our army means ‘general staff officer, signals” which is what I’d be doing. Our expeditionary forces are like independent brigades, and we’re preparing for the same thing after that poor missionary lady got whipped by the Han.”

Bryan looked over at the incoming guests and then back at Sarah, “Interesting, maybe I’ll see you on the river. So that woman was whipped? I heard all kinds of rumors about that when I got here, but I wasn't really sure”

Bryan began to feel a bit better from the events of the day, but then a quick thought about what had happened with his wife twisted his guts. He continued to smile to pretend that everything was fine, but he hated Alicia for what she had done. The hypocrisy on his part made it fall all the worse. Bryan realized that he was still wearing his wedding ring and tried to discreetly put his hands in his lap. He thought about slipping it off but he realized that the tan line would give it away. He decided to just keep it on his finger and own it if Sarah asked.

Sarah glanced at the people walking in. They were Adiran tourists, talking loudly and looking at a travel guidebook. She glanced back at him. “Well...I heard this: she was an official’s wife, and she was really charitable, a really devout lady of fine birth, and very pretty apparently. Anyway she got arrested with a bunch of other people and when they found out she was a Christian they got really angry and declared that she was going to be stripped naked in public and flogged. Really awful. Our Governor is trying to get them to apologize and provide compensation, but if they don’t, then well..” she drew a finger across her throat.

Hong came back with their drinks and set them down neatly. “Wantee food? Noowas? Dumying?”

“Have you eaten here before?” Sarah slyly glanced at the tourists who saw uniforms and neat officious looking suits and left. Not their sort of place.

Bryan noticed Sarah looking at the uncomfortable tourists and gave her a wink. He shifted around in his seat and glared at them noticeably, his eyes following as they walked out of the restaurant. When they had gone out the door he turned back and gave a devilish grin. He said nothing about the tourists but just said, “That’s awful to hear that about her. I’ll pray for her that she comes out alive.”

Then the waiter came asking about food, Bryan answered Sarah, “No I haven’t been here before. This is my first time in Beihe, and last night was my first night out.”

‘You wanna have Roman food Hostillian style?” asked Sarah with a grin. “I can order for us if you want.”

“Hostillian-Roman food? I don't even know what that means, so I think you had better order.” Bryan said.

“Hong, one-ah piece cassiofa alla gee-ooda….one piece suppli. You savee?” she said.

“One piece cassiofa alla gee-ooda, one piece suppli, mee savvy Cap’n Wen!” he beamed and hurried off.

“So...we’re having rice in meat sauce and grilled artichokes,” said Wendt. “I hope that’s okay.”

Bryan looked on in awe, he had never had to speak this kind of pidgin with his boys, but that was probably because they had to know decent Spanish to be in the regiment. He looked at Wendt, “That sounds fine. I am impressed that you can speak that garbage. I have a tough time trying to transition to Latin, I keep wanting to put Spanish words in randomly. Like now, my mouth feels sore just trying to keep pronouncing the words correctly. They make us go through Latin classes at Officer Candidate School, but we don't really use it that often.”

Sarah thought, He’s nice. she blushed involuntarily though, because it was like there were two Sarahs in her and she could not figure out which was meant to be the real one. One response instinctively was to be the girl that she felt she had not been since she had left the training academy, and the other simply wanted to lure him into the washroom to suck his dick.

God what’s wrong with me. Can’t I just enjoy lunch with a nice man? “Well, I have a gift for languages. God has granted me favours in that way, I have an ear, as one of my old OC’s used to say. So I guess that’s why I’m in Signals. I’ve had very varied experiences and well...you know being an Edomite, we have several languages going on. Unless you’re some hick who never leaves their village, you have to be good at that kind of stuff.”

The cafe was a nice place to meet though. It was rather on the simple side, some cheap Han style decorations and red banners hung around, there were cheap souvenirs for sale at the counter, but she knew (because the PMO insisted on pop inspections) that the food was clean, the squeeze was reasonable, and it was pretty discreet. Civvies and tourists avoided it because the local spices and smells put them off. The tables and booths had enough distance for private type conversation. So she decided to see how it was...if he was just looking for friendly company, and wanted a friend. Her old school friends and unit friends were so far away, and he was foreign enough that nothing between them mattered but goodwill. She she decided to relax and enjoy the moment, and began to say, “I don’t know how it was for you, but I had to pretty much raise a fuss to get out of an office and into the field. My first posting…”
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:57 am

The McNernian Embasy,
Fineberg, New Edom

Colonel Steven Horvath would have arranged a meeting with the ambassador, and after pleasantries would have explained that the New Edomite government’s position was policy, and to demonstrate this would have brought a binder outlining that policy.

Essentially, what was called for in terms of the present crisis with the fresh wave of suspected Homofront attacks required material support as New Edom had other security ventures, and resources were being stretched thin. Therefore New Edom requested the support services of a replenishment ship per theater, specified as Arcologia, Hostillia, Gavinium Magnus, as well as a refueling tanker per theater, each to be provided on an annual basis. This was recommended to be done under the auspices of SACTO.

As far as security services went, each government would set up a special office within its own intelligence community for information sharing regarding the terrorist group, and within its own sphere of influence would gather intelligence on nations suspected of being friendly to Homofront, either vis a vis actual government support (such as IFC nations) or with regard to civilian organizations or activist groups that might act as a shelter for Homofront activities.
For New Edom, this office would be under the authority of the Ministry of Police.

A vital factor in any shared operations would be improving communications. Horvath made it clear to Hullar that this was in fact the most sensitive issue to his government. The hasty and impetuous decisions made in Damoclea and Hutanjia could really have been avoided, he pointed out, with clear communication and recognized mutual interest. On a tactical level, this meant clearly recognizing where areas of operation were and coordinating them. On a strategic and policy level, this meant not swiftly changing directions without informing allies.

McNernia
Negotiator

Postby McNernia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:04 pm

The Mcnernian Embassy, Fineberg New Edom

The relevant ministers were on video call from the homeland and they looked at Horvath for a moment after the policy was outlined. The Defense Minister spoke.

“Well Colonel Horvath we have some questions. One supply vessel and one tanker per theater. Well what sort of supplies do you need in each theater. We can assign pre positioned ships from the pool of vessels we have at sea. If you will provide us with manifests. Also the issue of standardization, our munitions may not be the same as yours, Anemonian primarily in addition to our own…we do produce SACTO standard munitions but getting them out of the supply depots could take time. We also understand that you are preparing for an operation in Hostillia? Is this correct? We may need to increase the supplies, additional ships to the Hostillian theater. River capable ships… which we can provide… if you need supplies.”

There was also two boxes on the table, before Horvath, Hullar, and the Attache. Beside the two ministers could be seen aides who were typing notes into their devices for later review.
Last edited by McNernia on Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax

Greater Dienstad
A Time of Trouble
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Neue Regensburg
Secretary

Postby Neue Regensburg » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:46 pm

New Edom wrote:
To: The Ministry of Intelligence of Neue Regensburg, to the Foreign Ministry of Gran Chaco
Subject: Missionaries
Security Most Secret, Eyes Only

I appreciate your message of sympathy. While your nation has no treaty partnership at present, we have a natural desire to make sure that all Christian missionaries are treated fairly. The lady in question was a pious and gentle soul who had only concern to spread the Gospel through her charitable acts, yet has been accused of being a woman of low morals.

I request a list of missionary activities that your countries are participating in missionary activity so that they can be, if need be, protected or provided with assistance. After all, we followers of Christ need to stick together.

I have the honour to be
General John Ashdod, Minister of Police

To: General John Ashdod, Minister of Police
Encryption: ZULU
Priority: SIERRA

General,
It is an honor to have the opportunity to write you back. As requested, I personally have contacted the Diocese of Lanxi to obtain a list of missionary activities taking place in Hostilia.

Medical Aid, Schooling, Proselytization, providing a forum for public debate, providing a safe place of worship, a Dominican Friary, a Benedictine Convent, an orphanage, expanding the amount of Christians in rural Hostilia.

Hostilia has historically been an enemy of the Faith, so we are all pleased with the rapid progress being made. I full-heartedly agree that we Christians must stick together in such perilous times as these, and look forward to making your acquaintance again.

Pax Christi,
Gen. Martin Bäker, Ministry of Intelligence
Last edited by Neue Regensburg on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:22 pm

The Mcnernian Embassy, Fineberg New Edom

Colonel Hovsth opened opened one of his folders and examined papers. "Standard fleet ops per theatre is a light carrier, an LPD or LHD, 2 destroyers, and four frigates. Items needed include: Walter filtration equipment, vitamins, hard candy, toilet paper, bottled air, bottled water, canned goods, frozen and dried foodstuffs, paper and office supplies. Electronics replacement parts and batteries. Things like that."

"Then when it comes to ammunition and munitions, it is in the case of our fleet, Wolf Armsmdnts standard equipment."

Colonel Horvathlooked up and smiled. "That's about it, gentlemen, unless of course there's more you'd like to offer."

McNernia
Negotiator

Postby McNernia » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:16 pm

Mcnernian Embassy,
Fineberg,New Edom

“Are your electronics Lyran?” Mcnernia had a lot of Lyran capability though the backbone of the fleet was for the most part Eageland and Belfras and some of the Anemonian designs that were sold through them. And aide whispered to the Defense Minister, “Right, Wolf through and through… though perhaps not for Amphibious assets for the most part, Katzlan LHD in Hutanjia …Ambassador Hullar ill need to see those reports. ” To which the Ambassador looked at Horvath. “if copies could be left with me for transmission to Cathcride that would be most welcome. Or sent directly.” Hullar said when there was a cough on the other end of the line. From the Foreign Minister “Of course.” Said Neal. Though Mcnernian arms were picking up the slack rapidly. Best to have a rather large navy around. “We are sending word to Wolf Armaments now for the construction of factories. We can get MREs and supplies out to the fleet in those theaters soonest, ordinance, and hardware may take more time and we may not be able to source some. However, we can provide parts of our own design to replace those hardest to find. Diesel for ships will also take time. But food can be done near immeadiately along with necessities.” Neal looked at Horvath. “Parliament will approve this as part of Santiago Treaty operations.” The Defense Minister said. “We shall get supplies rolling once we have the specifics fully. Just send the reports please and we shall take care of the rest.” Neal was reminded. "Do you want us to supply the fleet solely?"

(OOC: Send me links of storefronts you want me to source parts from.)
Last edited by McNernia on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax

Greater Dienstad
A Time of Trouble

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:36 pm

Lanxi, Hostilia

The tracts and pamphlets translated into Han were very popular in Lanxi, and as a result people were reading and sharing them. Shing, a local printer’s son, had failed the administrator’s examination but even competing for it made him a scholar in the eyes of many locals. He was among the more prominent local converts, and prepared many of the written materials on behalf of Bishop Meier.

In discussions of theology the better educated townsfolk understood that Christianity had its morals rooted in the dispensatory commands and required sacraments of a loving God versus the ordered ethics of the Sages of the Han.

As the local church was dispersing after a village bible study, th congregation emerged to see two dozen men wearing grey-green uniforms with bandolier style ammo pouches, battle rifles, forage caps and leggings standing in a line. Two of them were holding a middle aged swearing man wearing disheveled silk robes and a skullcap that was askew. Nearby was a motor car and a man in ornate silk robes sat in it with the dor open, a large belly over his lap, holding a scroll. HIs round face was taut with intensity.

“Citizens of this town..” the seated man said in a loud shrill voice. “This man, Ho Qua, leader of the local merchants’ consortium, is guilty of permitting the distribution of literature threatening to the harmony and peace of the Divine Empire and Middle Kingdom. He forfeits his recognized status and goods as a result, and is sentenced to service in a penal colony.” As he spoke, the two men threw the shaking middle aged Ho Qua to the ground near the church.

As two of the soldiers began to beat the trembling and soon screaming plump merchant with heavy leather belts, the seated man continued. “As the Imperial Agent for this district, I order the destruction of all materials, printing technology and an increased tax upon this community. I also order the presentation of any foreign persons in this community to present themselves for expulsion.” he waved his lacquered fan, and 12 of the soldiers began to move towards the church, clearly intending to enter it.

Neue Regensburg
Secretary

Postby Neue Regensburg » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:00 pm

New Edom wrote:Lanxi, Hostilia

The tracts and pamphlets translated into Han were very popular in Lanxi, and as a result people were reading and sharing them. Shing, a local printer’s son, had failed the administrator’s examination but even competing for it made him a scholar in the eyes of many locals. He was among the more prominent local converts, and prepared many of the written materials on behalf of Bishop Meier.

In discussions of theology the better educated townsfolk understood that Christianity had its morals rooted in the dispensatory commands and required sacraments of a loving God versus the ordered ethics of the Sages of the Han.

As the local church was dispersing after a village bible study, th congregation emerged to see two dozen men wearing grey-green uniforms with bandolier style ammo pouches, battle rifles, forage caps and leggings standing in a line. Two of them were holding a middle aged swearing man wearing disheveled silk robes and a skullcap that was askew. Nearby was a motor car and a man in ornate silk robes sat in it with the dor open, a large belly over his lap, holding a scroll. HIs round face was taut with intensity.

“Citizens of this town..” the seated man said in a loud shrill voice. “This man, Ho Qua, leader of the local merchants’ consortium, is guilty of permitting the distribution of literature threatening to the harmony and peace of the Divine Empire and Middle Kingdom. He forfeits his recognized status and goods as a result, and is sentenced to service in a penal colony.” As he spoke, the two men threw the shaking middle aged Ho Qua to the ground near the church.

As two of the soldiers began to beat the trembling and soon screaming plump merchant with heavy leather belts, the seated man continued. “As the Imperial Agent for this district, I order the destruction of all materials, printing technology and an increased tax upon this community. I also order the presentation of any foreign persons in this community to present themselves for expulsion.” he waved his lacquered fan, and 12 of the soldiers began to move towards the church, clearly intending to enter it.

Lanxi

As the mass ended, Bishop Meier stared directly into the eyes of the militia thugs come to threaten the followers of the True Faith. With righteous anger in his heart, he stood in front of the commander, blocking his way forward. The nuns and friars were next, linking arms with each other and the Bishop. Then came the Chacoan-Regensburger doctors, then the rest of the missionaries. Bishop Meier spoke: "This man, and the entire community, is under the protection of the Roman Catholic Church. We will not be intimidated, and we will not leave. You will not confiscate anything from this community, and you will not expel my missionaries or I. If you want to arrest him, you will have to take all of us. Do you wish to anger the entire Chritian world right after you tortured that poor Edomite woman in Tu Long Ba?” Bishop Meier pulled out a Rosary, and the rest followed. “Credo in unum Deum, Patrem Omnipotentem...
Last edited by Neue Regensburg on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:15 pm

Lanxi

As the bishop, priests and nuns began linking arms, Shin called out, “Brothers and sisters, fear not! Heaven awaits us if we are faithful! Remember the story of Stephen the Martyr before the Temple!”

For all the saints, who from their labors rest,
who thee by faith before the world confessed,
thy Name, O Jesus, be forever blessed.
Alleluia, Alleluia!

Thou wast their Rock, their Fortress and their Might;
thou, Lord, their Captain in the well fought fight;
thou, in the darkness drear, their one true Light.
Alleluia, Alleluia!

At first the soldiers were astonished by this behavior, and drew back in surprise, looking blank. They had come prepared for a riot or for submission, and this was beyond what they were ready to respond to.

The official, annoyed by this gesture of defiance, snapped out, “Did you hear my orders, officer? Arrest those foreigners!”

The officer, embarrassed by his men’s hesitation, snapped, “Soldiers! If they resist you, beat them! If they resist with arms, shoot them or stab them! Now!”

At this, the soldiers began to slam rifle butts at the native Christians, hammering them in the faces, chests, and bellies so that they began to break up the formation of native Catholics, and then began to wade in to hammer at the foreigners as well, whether they were men or women, unsparing in their brutality, for the numbers of locals was greater than theirs, and their only choice was to be a lot more fierce and coordinated in their violence...

Neue Regensburg
Secretary

Postby Neue Regensburg » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:18 pm

OOC: Edited to give more background to the situation, and give Hostilia a chance to choose its own response to the actions of the villagers

New Edom wrote:Lanxi

As the bishop, priests and nuns began linking arms, Shin called out, “Brothers and sisters, fear not! Heaven awaits us if we are faithful! Remember the story of Stephen the Martyr before the Temple!”

For all the saints, who from their labors rest,
who thee by faith before the world confessed,
thy Name, O Jesus, be forever blessed.
Alleluia, Alleluia!

Thou wast their Rock, their Fortress and their Might;
thou, Lord, their Captain in the well fought fight;
thou, in the darkness drear, their one true Light.
Alleluia, Alleluia!

At first the soldiers were astonished by this behavior, and drew back in surprise, looking blank. They had come prepared for a riot or for submission, and this was beyond what they were ready to respond to.

The official, annoyed by this gesture of defiance, snapped out, “Did you hear my orders, officer? Arrest those foreigners!”

The officer, embarrassed by his men’s hesitation, snapped, “Soldiers! If they resist you, beat them! If they resist with arms, shoot them or stab them! Now!”

At this, the soldiers began to slam rifle butts at the native Christians, hammering them in the faces, chests, and bellies so that they began to break up the formation of native Catholics, and then began to wade in to hammer at the foreigners as well, whether they were men or women, unsparing in their brutality, for the numbers of locals was greater than theirs, and their only choice was to be a lot more fierce and coordinated in their violence...

Lanxi

As the Hostilians began their brutal assault, Bishop Meier continued leading the Rosary. At first they were nervous, but the hymn had given them strength. Some of the villagers chose a much more direct form of prayer. Men began shoving at the soldiers, throwing punches as they shouted the Latin Our Father, with Meier, by heart.

Meier and Shin shouted for them to resist peacefully, but at this point the men of the village remembered stories of Holy War against Damoclea, and the brave Crusaders who died in defense of their faith. Around 25 men charged the Hostilian formation, and several boys followed.

Meier urged again, but it became clear that the men had stopped listening. They would never abandon the Holy Church, nor let the Hostilians defile the tabernacle.

Yo Ching, a deacon, shouted in heavily accented Latin, DEUS VULT! The group of 75 villagers grew nearer and nearer to the formation, fanatical in their devotion in a way only converts can be.

Meier knelt down and prayed.

Pater noster, qui es in caelis.
Last edited by Neue Regensburg on Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:13 am

Lanxi

The villagers, rushing forward and yelling, immediately created a scuffle, and with grunts and yells of exertion, the soldiers used their rifles to shove or club them back.If tge people's natural aversion to getting hurt did not work, the soldiers would start getting rougher.

In the car, the official's jaw dropped and he nearly dropped the scroll. The driver gasped and muttered, "Maybe...maybe we should leave...these people are all crazy!"

"This is rebellion! You idiots are practicing an illegal, anti government, disharmonious religion, don't you understand?" The official, horrified and astonished, yelled from his car. "Come to your senses!" He could not believe what he was seeing, it was as though these foreign priests had the villagers in the grip of an evil spell.

The officer could see things getting out of hand and, stepping back, he fired his pistol into the air to try to get their attention. "Enough!" He shouted. "It is against the law for that man and his confederates to be here! You must stop this!" He aimed his pistol at Meier, shouting, "You will all comply with the orders like civilized people! Have you no shame? Are you animals?"

Neue Regensburg
Secretary

Postby Neue Regensburg » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:44 am

The villagers, rushing forward and yelling, immediately created a scuffle, and with grunts and yells of exertion, the soldiers used their rifles to shove or club them back.If tge people's natural aversion to getting hurt did not work, the soldiers would start getting rougher.

In the car, the official's jaw dropped and he nearly dropped the scroll. The driver gasped and muttered, "Maybe...maybe we should leave...these people are all crazy!"

"This is rebellion! You idiots are practicing an illegal, anti government, disharmonious religion, don't you understand?" The official, horrified and astonished, yelled from his car. "Come to your senses!" He could not believe what he was seeing, it was as though these foreign priests had the villagers in the grip of an evil spell.

The officer could see things getting out of hand and, stepping back, he fired his pistol into the air to try to get their attention. "Enough!" He shouted. "It is against the law for that man and his confederates to be here! You must stop this!" He aimed his pistol at Meier, shouting, "You will all comply with the orders like civilized people! Have you no shame? Are you animals?"

Meier looked up. “Your government has never given these men any hope, much like the Romans who oppressed the Jews long ago. You call us uncivilized as your government levies unjust punishments on a peaceful community, and they torture their prisoners where we forgive those who here have committed crimes. I beg you to come to the love of Christ. These men have been so educated yet as to how non-violence is the only acceptable form of resistance against an authority imposing unjust punishments, but they have lost family in the Emperor’s pointless wars and famines, they have suffered under his crippling taxes and they lost hope under his heathen faith. They have nothing left to lose, only the crown of heaven to gain. I cannot stop this, only you can. Repent and receive the Word of God, or at least leave us in peace. You are a civilized man, correct? The Faith of civilization would welcome you and all your men with open arms.”
Last edited by Neue Regensburg on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Republica De Gran Chaco
Chargé d'Affaires

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Republica De Gran Chaco » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:46 am

The Great River, Hostillia

Bryan had to go to his planned lunch with his brigade commander and his wife, alone. It was embarrassing showing up to their home alone, and Bryan felt that he would have to give his commander the reason why. He explained about the decision to divorce his wife and the reasons for doing so. Mrs. Menendez had looked at Bryan with sympathy when he explained Alicia’s infidelity, “Oh, Colonel, I am so sorry for you and your children. If there is anything you need please let me know.”

Colonel Menendez had been a bit more serious and had proceeded to lecture Bryan in a fatherly way, “Bryan, I am sorry to say this, as the grief is so near, but that is what happens when you fool around with Indys. They just don’t see life the same way we do, and their values are terrible. I have trust in them as soldiers, and I know they will perform on this expedition, but that is because they are on a system and led by white officers for the most part. You can find a diamond in the sewer, but for the most part you’ll just find shit.”

“Sebastian, please!” Mrs. Menendez had cried, “I’m sure that is the last thing the Colonel wants to hear.”

“Want has nothing to do with it my dear.” Colonel Menendez responded, “Bryan, you are a talented young officer, but you let your passions run high. I have seen your file. XO of the CLI, transferred after a fight with a captain over comments made against your wife. You must have known that was the world you were bringing her into. It really isn’t fair, you know, to expect some poor peasant girl to understand the complexities of our society, as unfair as they may or may not be. You must accept your, at least, partial responsibility for this and you must learn from it and deal with it as a man. You are from an old family, well established and with good reputation. Those who care to know, know that they hold a large influence in Southern Chaco, and as a result in the national government. Find a girl on your level when you choose to remarry, and remarry you must at some point, as a bachelor officer is always suspect in my opinion. They hold no chips in the future and show an inability to commit to something.”

At the time Bryan had been insulted by the statements, though he kept that to himself, but as he had some time to think it over, he began to see the wisdom in what the Colonel had said to him. Bryan leaned against the rail of the barge and watched the river bank slide by and turned the advice over in his head. He was at fault, he supposed for bringing an ignorant girl into a hostile upper class, and then leaving her alone whenever he had gone on deployments. What had he seen in Alicia anyways? Was it lust? Excitement at having gained the trust of someone so traumatized? Arrogance must have played some part, he certainly had thought that his experience would be different, and now he was left with two children who would not know their mother. What was he to do with them? He would send for them after this expedition and bring them back to Dongying, so that he could be with them, but what about future deployments? Boarding school was the obvious option when they were older, but for now they were small.

Bryan’s Sergeant Major came up and he stuffed all his personal thoughts down. Bryan smiled and waited for the man’s report, “Sir, there may have been possible scouts, I thing we should send a detail ashore and have a look.”

Bryan shook his head, “We can’t stop the boats, they would leave us behind. We will just have to try and observe as best we can from here.”

He pulled out his binoculars, “Where are they?”

The guns were cleaned and oiled, ready for action again. Gunners Mate 1st Class Emanuel Jimenez made sure that everything was in working order personally before they had set out, and he had continued to check the weapons systems at boats chugged up river. Since they had taken casualties, the crew of the Panay would be exempt from any kind of landing party, except at extreme need. There really were no plans to have any sailors be put ashore anyways except for Ensign Marleni, who was going to be attached to the marines as a guide.

The gunboat’s job was a simple one, to advance up river parallel to the ground force once they disembarked, and to provide support for the infantry, as well as an escort to the supply boats that would be moving up and back from the barges. Jimenez had requested to go along with the marines as a forward observer, but had gotten no clear answer back. He suspected that they had not been sure if it would be better to use him or a Marine FO, and that they had just forgotten about it. That was fine, though, Jimenez would direct the guns from the ship.

There were three larger gunboats traveling up river, the Panay as well as two others of the same make, as well as two of the smaller Roraima class river boats. The marines had also brought some CB90s that they used to zip up and down the length of the convoy, to make sure the vulnerable supply ships and the barges they towed were safe. The little CB90s would also make small landings, dropping off a squad to check out villages, or to interview people they thought suspicious. Mostly Jimenez just believed that they were showing off. Marines were a proud bunch, and liked to flaunt their “elite” status, as they saw it, to the navy.

They could buzz around the river all they liked in their little speed boats, but when it got rough, they would all come crying to the navy for help. There might be some rough fighting ahead too if the enemy remained in town in force. But then again, as Jimenez thought about it, the Hostillians had never given such a show before, and it must have been just sheer numbers. All that would be determined soon enough, the force would be disembarked the next afternoon to continue the rest of the approach by land.
Last edited by Republica De Gran Chaco on Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
كان التيز سمين

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:40 pm

Lanxi

The officer frowned at Meier's words. Nearby his men were still struggling to hold back the villagers while Meier and his priests and their whores prayed.

"Do you have," the officer demanded, "Any paperwork designating your right to be here. After all, if you are from Treat Power territory you may dimply be in violation of territory by your presence, and will simply be fined, your literature destroyed, yourselves deported, and order restored. The village leaders are certainly guilty of interefering with the process of government. If, however, you cannot produce such paperwork then you are, to boot, in violation and will be thrown out!"

The official, hearing this, realized that the situation had gotten out of hand, and that the foreign missionaries and their treacherous fanatics were all going to resist arrest to the point of madness. The officer, indeed, had to restore order.

The villagers not engaged in the struggle continued to pray, though many were afraid. The struggle was a combination of the alarming and ridiculous, but it would just take one step further into brutality before the point of no return...

Neue Regensburg
Secretary

Postby Neue Regensburg » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:29 pm

The officer frowned at Meier's words. Nearby his men were still struggling to hold back the villagers while Meier and his priests and their whores prayed.

"Do you have," the officer demanded, "Any paperwork designating your right to be here. After all, if you are from Treat Power territory you may dimply be in violation of territory by your presence, and will simply be fined, your literature destroyed, yourselves deported, and order restored. The village leaders are certainly guilty of interefering with the process of government. If, however, you cannot produce such paperwork then you are, to boot, in violation and will be thrown out!"

The official, hearing this, realized that the situation had gotten out of hand, and that the foreign missionaries and their treacherous fanatics were all going to resist arrest to the point of madness. The officer, indeed, had to restore order.

The villagers not engaged in the struggle continued to pray, though many were afraid. The struggle was a combination of the alarming and ridiculous, but it would just take one step further into brutality before the point of no return...

Meier looked up again from his Rosary, prepared to offer a measured response, but the Deacon led his fanatics into the Hostilian lines. Meier ran towards him and shouted, “STOP! WOULD CHRIST ENDANGER HIS FLOCK BY ATTACKING THE ROMANS?”

The Deacon replied, “Your Excellency, they will not stop until all of us have lost our faith or died!”

Meier said, “Deacon, don’t do this. If we die, let it not be by our own hand. Christ rewards us not for suicide!”

At this point, Father Constantine, a well-built man who renounced a life of extravagant wealth to serve God, led his friars, rosaries peacefully our, behind Meier. They walked up to the official, avoiding the mob attacking the soldiers.

“We do not have any kind of papers, sir. We are here on behalf of the Church, not any country. Our Church teaches peace and love, not violen-“

A rock hit the official in the head, and immediately the Bishop called for Doctor Hermann.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:48 pm

Lanxi

"No papers!" exclaimed the officer. "What audacity! You will be up before a magistrate, I can promise you that!"

At that point, there was an altercation of the most disgraceful sort, the foreigners struggling with an impetuous cultist. This distracted the officer, and so he did not see who threw the rock.

The official gave a high pitched shriek. "Ancestors, I'm wounded, hurt! Oh no, I'm bleeding, oh oh oh!" He reeled back into the car, fainting from the pain and shock.

"That is it!" Shouted the officer, pale, his face taut with tension like a mask. "I want these foreigners and the headman and these so called cult leaders arrested immmediately! Everyone, step back and chamber a round!"

He stepped back himself, and the soldiers, in a skirmish line, chambered a round in each rifle with a clatter. The officer snapped, only a trickle of sweat at his temple betraying tension, "You foreign priests, you will either come quietly or I will put down this act of rebellion against the Son of Heaven in blood! Choose! Men....make ready! Aim!"

At this, the soldiers raised their rifles to their soldiers and took aim....

Neue Regensburg
Secretary

Postby Neue Regensburg » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:10 pm

"No papers!" exclaimed the officer. "What audacity! You will be up before a magistrate, I can promise you that!"

At that point, there was an altercation of the most disgraceful sort, the foreigners struggling with an impetuous cultist. This distracted the officer, and so he did not see who threw the rock.

The official gave a high pitched shriek. "Ancestors, I'm wounded, hurt! Oh no, I'm bleeding, oh oh oh!" He reeled back into the car, fainting from the pain and shock.

"That is it!" Shouted the officer, pale, his face taut with tension like a mask. "I want these foreigners and the headman and these so called cult leaders arrested immmediately! Everyone, step back and chamber a round!"

He stepped back himself, and the soldiers, in a skirmish line, chambered a round in each rifle with a clatter. The officer snapped, only a trickle of sweat at his temple betraying tension, "You foreign priests, you will either come quietly or I will put down this act of rebellion against the Son of Heaven in blood! Choose! Men....make ready! Aim!"

At this, the soldiers raised their rifles to their soldiers and took aim....

Meier shouted, “DOCTOR HERMANN, COME QUICK! He then had Father Constantine try to reason with the officer, as he continued chastising Deacon Yo. “In the name of our Lord, do not cause the death of our children, Yo!”

Yo did not respond, but produced from his robes a Molotov Cocktail and took a lighter. He lit it and threw.

Meanwhile, Father Constantine told the officer, “These men are fanatics! We have had problems with them for months, but we could not punish them, that being out of our authority. We would not turn them over to you, and risk jeopardizing our mission. We could not remove Deacon Yo from his position, lest we anger the community or the central Church.”

Doctor Hermann, at least nominally protected by the friars, moved to examine the official. He wanted to douse the wound with alcohol, and bandage it. “Sir, May we have permission to treat you. I apologize for these fanatics.”
Last edited by Neue Regensburg on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby New Edom » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Lanxi

Meier shouted, “DOCTOR HERMANN, COME QUICK! He then had Father Constantine try to reason with the officer.

“What are you doing?” the officer demanded angrily. “Do you see what your idiots have done, they have harmed His Excellency! This is outrageous!”

Doctor Hermann, at least nominally protected by the friars, moved to examine the official. He wanted to douse the wound with alcohol, and bandage it. “Sir, May we have permission to treat you. I apologize for these fanatics.”

The officer was slightly mollified by his manner, even if it was brusque and barbarous. “Well, that’s a little better, Mr. Foreign Priest, even if it is ridiculous, an outrage, and utter incompetence. You are all fools and will pay for your crimes, but your compliance now I hope…”

Meier continued chastising Deacon Yo. “In the name of our Lord, do not cause the death of our children, Yo!”

Yo did not respond, but produced from his robes a Molotov Cocktail and took a lighter. He lit it and threw.

Everyone was so distracted that no one noticed until it was too late, and so poor soldier second class Wu was struck and stared in shock in a split second as flaming fuel flowed over his body, the heat and the flash of agony tearing into him, so that he shrieked in agony. The others near him were scattered with burning fragments and tried to slap at them but found the sticky burning stuff was painfully hot, and began tearing at their clothing to escape it.

One man with presence tore off his jacket and tried to slap at the flames with it, but the man was hardly standing still.

“Fire! Shoot them! They’re trying to kill us!” another soldier said, and fired his rifle at Yo. Immediately, several other soldiers opened fire as well, desperation and determination mixed on their faces.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents