NATION

PASSWORD

A Convocation of Crowns - MT - IC - MTO Primarily

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Icadias
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Icadias » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:11 pm

"Indeed I am,dear",Catherine was starting to love the ituation.It was just perfect,like how she wanted it to be."My career in the military is outstanding,if you're asking,and it was one of the things that I enjoyed the most.But,me doing something else won't hurt,I guess".

Slowly and steadily,she would surprisingly position her body near the gentleman,to the point where she is able to whisper to his ears with no difficulty."If you would love to dear,would you be so darling to come to Stockholm,the capital of my country?I am having a really great time with a lovely gentleman like you".Even in a position or distance that close,their dance rhythm isn't even broken yet.
Last edited by Icadias on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Queendom Of Icadias
"Our heroes, our protectors"
HRM, Catherine
News Cycle:Comment latest.

No NS Stats Are Used

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:The Emperor smiled, having understood their conversation and guessing the contents.
"Please, my friend, it would be best if you followed your woman. She matters much more than I at this moment. You should also mingle with other statesmen, get to know people around here as well. Treat your lady right. As for me, I shall also return to the Ballroom, I have some business to attend to." He says, beginning to walk back.

“She’s not my...woman.” his response faded as Julius walked away. He walked towards Lourdes, who was on her way to the ballroom m. Grabbing her shoulder he stopped her “Hey, where are you headed?

She smiled at him, playfully answering “On my way to a dance with no one to go.

Allow me to join you then.

Hmmm. Let me think...no!” she teased at him

Cleone was almost taken aback by her rejection “Scusa me? Repeat that please.

I said ‘no’. You’ve been putting me on the side since we sat down.

I’m sorry but this isn’t a you-centered event. There are other heads of state here and I’d like to get a footing with some of them.

Take that footing of yours e vafanculo.” she stuck her tongue out at him and quickly headed to the ballroom.

Danceria wrote:-Snap-

Spotting Acues, she headed towards him. With a curtsy she engaged “Salud, Your Majesty and company, forgive for the intrusion but may I have a dance?”
Last edited by Lux Pulchrae on Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Narduo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Narduo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:35 pm

Edge of the dancing zone.
About two and a half minutes since Nui went off to dance with Queen Catherine I (or as they say in Narduo, lart).

Ra, Ra, Revatti. Reva selt'aq. Ti'se cat, cat, ca nansa... Niko sang inside of his head, his foot tapping along to the beat of the song. It was a fast-paced folk song of sorts from Narduo. Something different from the slow-paced dance tune and dancing...

Which, to be frank, he was getting bored - borderline sick - of. The calming music, the slow movements and the joyful atmosphere... it put him on the edge. Niko had been trained to always keep watch of things around him, to never be unprepared. Main reason why he could not bear the music; it asked of him to relax, have fun and grab a dame.

In other words, it asked him to betray his post. His mission. He continued to tapping his foot to it, eventually nodding his head to the beat. It kept him from losing focus, since he was, in a sense, practically 'shaking' away any feelings of relaxation from him.

Men and women dancing, ladies giggled and monarchs conversed... and Niko kept watch, nodding off to a song that no one but he could hear. This continued for a bit before he noticed Curnet Olat gazing at the wine section. Ni'ava cet... he thought to himself before making his way around the dancing area to his commander.
Semparia wrote:She laughed, “No, I can’t. Also, thank you for the clarification. Semparia is an absolute monarchy, of course with local and regional elections, but they answer to me. I also use them as local representatives in law making, and usually run the laws through them before hand. Care to tell me some more about your system of goverment?”

Artter took another sip from his drink, letting Xeoy take over - since he could speak in English better. "It works like this, Your Majesty: Our Lar-Rexen," he gestured to Artter.

"Is demcratically elected by the common people. He or she is picked from a pool of candidates who all run as, you might know as, independents. The one with the majority of votes is declared our Apr - next - Lar-Rexen and carefully brought up to speed with the affairs of the nation. After the previous Lar-Rexen's term of service is over, then the newcomer may take over - hopefully by then fully prepared for running a nation like Narduo.

"However, at a local government level things are more... mixed, I would say. Back then, wealthy landowners - local lords - were practically territorial governors in their own right. Some territories had elected officials from the bottom up while others followed a hereditary line of succession, however regional senators - those who represented said territories - had to be elected amongst said governors.

"Today, almost all of our territorial governors are elected officials in some sense. Only few areas have an aristocratic monarch of sorts, who even then is often voted into power from a pool of candidates consisting of either a mix of nobility or the current ruling family. We still have them though, making our system somewhat of a mixture of government types. The only real difference between back then and now is the ratification of a constituition that prevents against tyranny at a local level."

Artter nodded at that. "The Ighim himself is related to a royal house. The family of Frini - however his actual family name is A'Varea."

"Yes, my grandfather, Varean, married a lowborn. As a result, my family from then on technically has no say over the House's affairs. Yet, we still keep the house name as a middle name, sort of an anchor to our family's history."
Icadias wrote:"Indeed I am, dear", Catherine was starting to love the situation. It was just perfect, like how she wanted it to be. "My career in the military is outstanding, if you're asking, and it was one of the things that I enjoyed the most. But, me doing something else won't hurt, I guess".

Slowly and steadily, she would surprisingly position her body near the gentleman, to the point where she is able to whisper to his ears with no difficulty. "If you would love to dear, would you be so daring to come to Stockholm, the capital of my country? I am having a really great time with a lovely gentleman like you". Even in a position or distance that close, their dance rhythm isn't even broken yet.

Did I just get invited to a Queen's bed? Nui asked himself, his face becoming redder bit by bit. Who could blame him, though? Just yesterday he was a Xate Sarvemen, and now he was dancing with a queen!

He gave a small laugh. "I am glad you are enjoying yourself, Queen of Icadias... or do you mind if I call you," the high pitched flortist part had started then, prompting Nui A'Onarra to attempt a daring move.

He spun her about before bringing her down. "Catherine?" Nui said almost casually. She then pulled herself back up, continuing the original slow waltz pattern with him.
"Sell'a Narduo, satin man'qer!" - War cry of Carat Nubin (general of the army) from 1287-1291 A.Q.A.

Semparia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Semparia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:27 pm

She’d nod. “So what is your story?” She addressed Artter, taking a sip from her drink, “I’d be interested to know, Narduo seems very interesting, and one way of learning more about a place is learning about people’s lives, although I can only assume that your life isn’t exactly the average life, you have to start somewhere.”
It has literally been 2 years since I last played this game. Hopefully now I RP better.

Saarkrisken
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Saarkrisken » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:04 am

As the music started, the Consul asked his wife to dance, who naturally, excepted. Lady Sofia was an avid dancer and Frederick was capable, having learned from a young age. The pair presented a contrast, the tall stiff Consul and his younger energetic wife. One could rightly see that the Saarkrisken statesman danced out of a sense of duty, and would tire of the activity before his wife.

Their son found himself in the corner. At a Saarkriskian dance, Octavian was often roped into dancing with one of his older aunts, and considered himself lucky to avoid such a fate here. There were beautiful young women here, but still older then him and he felt it better to casually admire them from afar. As he scanned the room, thinking of a way to discreetly fight off the ennui, his cousin seemed to have more luck.

It was not custom in Saarkrisken for a lady to ask a man to dance, and Aquilina was to proud to do so anyway. So she waited patiently, but not long till the first offer came.

Icadias
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Icadias » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 am

"Permission granted,dear",says her as she pulls herself back up effortlessly.As she continued her slow waltz dance with him,she started to wonder,"What does this commoner has that charmed me so much?",that question sprang inside her head,it kept her wondering.She was also divided on whether to continue the usual way or just,do something.For her,partly,if she does achieve something in this event,it will surely raise jealousy of her hard-working and diligent sister,who gave up her own throne for herself."Emma would surely be crying for her throne back if she knew it is this fun to be a monarch,or atleast,this fun",grinned herself.

With no focus on her,or him too,she slowed her movements at a steady rate,and with it,she seemed to be holding something;a letter perhaps.With perfect coordination,she took the chance to kiss him on the right cheek,while slipping the letter into his left hand.With another whisper in his ear,she said,"Taking a break for dinner,I will come back later".

With that,she slowly and gracefully let go,heading towards the food and drinks section,with the chance of giving him a slight wink before turning away.
Letter:
"You've took my heart and will of searching for more completely.And I would like to say congrats,now,you had my attention,respect and care.If you're to ask for more,don't hesitate,my dear.Even if you're to be a king,I would surely love for you to do so."

Love,

Last edited by Icadias on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Queendom Of Icadias
HRM, Catherine

No NS Stats Are Used

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:50 am

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Alekos found her smile pleasing, for reasons he could not deduce. The way her mouth slightly twitched during the smile, and her eyes...
He refocused, now was not the time to overanalyze someone's smile. He didn't even know why he did. In any case...

"My life goals huh?" He asks, leaning against a nearby pillar. "Truth be told, all I've ever thought of is improving the Economy of wherever I govern, listening to the people, helping my family, and supporting my cousin-I mean brother-who is the legitimate heir, and in my eyes a promising one. I've never really given thought to anything else before that."
A beat.
"I may have a few times, but after some interpersonal disasters, I decided to focus on this entirely. Been so long I can't remember my dreams before this except in vague terms." He remarks. "4 long years..."

Dschamilla furrowed her brow for but a moment.
Important and admirable goals, that was true, but to her... it seemed sad. All of that youthful energy, all of that youth, all of it solely focussed onto work? That could not be.
It was not hers to pry about the interpersonal disasters, though, he would tell her, if he wanted to.
"No life goals other then being a good Prince?", she asked and she would have to admit, that there was a slight bit of incredulity in her voice. "No thoughts about pretty girls you like?" She smiled at that, honesty in her eyes. "Admirable, I have to say." She let a beat pass. "Mother always says, to my brother Atif, that if he doesn't have many goals in life, the goals in life will find him."
What followed was something Dschamilla normally did not indulge in: Impulses.
She went forward and pecked the young man, who was leaning against a pillar, on his cheek, a short, almost caste peck, but one, that communicated her liking him. She was not sure, how much she liked him, but she definately did. Maybe something to discover in the future.
Then she turned and began to walk, slowly, her arm offered for linking.
"Maybe she was not only right about my dork of a little brother.", she added over her shoulder, smiling, a small blush on her cheeks.
RPing in MT and PT.

Narduo
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Narduo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:35 am

Semparia wrote:She’d nod. “So what is your story?” She addressed Artter, taking a sip from her drink, “I’d be interested to know, Narduo seems very interesting, and one way of learning more about a place is learning about people’s lives, although I can only assume that your life isn’t exactly the average life, you have to start somewhere.”

"That's a good analysis," Artter then gulped down the last of his drink. "Long story short: I'm a country kid who served in the military so that the Republic would pay for my studies. Went to, how you say,"

Xeoy whispered something into his ear. "Ah yes, university. Studied politics and ran for governor of my home county. Ran the old place for four years before running for Lar-Rexen of Narduo. Won by a 44% majority."

"You forgot something, masir."

"What's that, Ighim?"

Xeoy smirked, "That you got kicked from your unit on charges of "excessive-rowdiness". Saved by a then War Chaplain who convinced his superiors to put you to officer school on account of you being able to "give orders better than he took them"."

Artter immediately frowned at him. "You're right, Xeoy. Though, there's something you forgot too."

It was now Artter smirking as Xeoy widened his eyes, nervously watching his friend almost spill out a secret. "Something involving koko'arts and a slap to the face."

No you don't, Artter. The two stared at each other for what felt like an eternity before Artter turned back to Janice. "But that's a story for another time. Any questions, ma'am?"
Icadias wrote:"Permission granted,dear",says her as she pulls herself back up effortlessly.As she continued her slow waltz dance with him,she started to wonder,"What does this commoner have that has charmed me so much?",that question sprang inside her head,it kept her wondering.She was also divided on whether to continue the usual way or just,do something.For her,partly,if she does achieve something in this event,it will surely raise jealousy of her hard-working and diligent sister,who gave up her own throne for herself."Emma would surely be crying for her throne back if she knew it is this fun to be a monarch,or atleast,this fun",grinned herself.With no focus on her,or him too,she slowed her movements at a steady rate,and with it,she seemed to be holding something;a letter perhaps.With perfect coordination,she took the chance to kiss him on the right cheek,while slipping the letter into his left hand.With another whisper in his ear,she said,"Taking a break for dinner,I will come back later".

With that,she slowly and gracefully let go,heading towards the food and drinks section,with the chance of giving him a slight wink before turning away.
Letter:
"You've took my heart and will of searching for more completely.And I would like to say congrats,now,you had my attention,respect and care.If you're to ask for more,don't hesitate,my dear.Even if you're to be a king,I would surely love for you to do so."

Love,

(Image)

Two had continued to dance around after Nui's well-timed move. However, he could feel that they were slowing... Eventually, they came to a near stop before she kissed him somewhat unexpectedly on the right cheek while placing something onto the man's left hand.

She then came closer again, this time bringing her mouth toward his ear, rather than cheek. She whispered that she was going to take a break for dinner and that she would be back later on. A smooth exit and wink later, Her Majesty Catherine of Icadias left the dance area for the food and drinks area... A semi-lovestruck Nui just standing still, eventually deciding to read the letter on his hand.

Se'Elohim, I didn't think that a dance could go so far... Though, something begged at the corner of his mind.. She had prepared that letter beforehand, clearly in the event that she may find for herself a suitable partner. And of all the people, me?

Frankly, it was somewhat confusing, almost comedic. A Queen had fallen for a commoner like Janik Nui of Narduo... And to think that she was worried about me over eating earlier. He smiled to himself almost stupidly. The music played on, but he could barely hear it as he continued to contemplate over the queen.

Just then, he wanted to quickly call Niko, tell him the great, but shocking, news. Yet he was nowhere to be found... "Did he just leave post?" he asked aloud.

"Masir," Jinak Niko marched up to his commanding officer, Curnet Olat. He gave a salute and greeted him "Sell'a Narduo."

That broke Olat out of his trance, immediately doing the same salute. "Is there something you wish to ask me, son?" he asked in Narduan.

"No, curnet. Just checking in on the table."

"Ah, worry not. I am already on it. Return back to your comrade, keep him out of trouble."

Niko immediately saluted him. "Yes, masir." He then marched off, right back to Nui.

Olat blinked for a moment before looking back to the wine bottles. All of them nicely lined up... and tempting him to sample them. He knew better though, his liver would probably give out again if he took just another sip. Not today, alcohol. He shook his head quickly, returning back to Artter and Xeoy's side with a glass of distilled water in hand.
Last edited by Narduo on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Sell'a Narduo, satin man'qer!" - War cry of Carat Nubin (general of the army) from 1287-1291 A.Q.A.

Icadias
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Icadias » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:08 am

With her head still in the clouds from that beautiful dance,Catherine seemed to almost bump into someone as she's not looking,luckily she didn't.A smile was perfectly embedded on her face.She kept thinking to herself:"Hm,maybe sometimes,I don't even have to marry or be with a noble,or even a billionaire,sometimes;just a simple man,a soldier too".She giggled silently when she said that.After finally settling down,she decided to order a simple drink from one of the Dancerian servants.
The Queendom Of Icadias
HRM, Catherine

No NS Stats Are Used

Semparia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Semparia » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:24 am

She took a drink, thinking. "No, I don't really have any questions, I'll be able to do some research on my own time." She finished off the rest of her drink, "Do you have any questions about me or Semparia? I'd be happy to answer any questions you wish."
It has literally been 2 years since I last played this game. Hopefully now I RP better.

Narduo
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Narduo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:49 am

Icadias wrote:With her head still in the clouds from that beautiful dance,Catherine seemed to almost bump into someone as she's not looking,luckily she didn't.A smile was perfectly embedded on her face.She kept thinking to herself:"Hm,maybe sometimes,I don't even have to marry or be with a noble,or even a billionaire,sometimes;just a simple man,a soldier too".She giggled silently when she said that.After finally settling down,she decided to order a simple drink from one of the Dancerian servants.

"Ah, Niko!" Nui said outloud to his friend. "I was looking for you."

Niko, on the other hand did not seem as thrilled... In fact, he seemed confused - then again, anyone looked somewhat inquisitive with large air-tight goggles in front of their eyes. "What for? What happened to the Queen?"

"About that, you outta see this." He brought up the letter that she had handed him, reading it out to his friend in Narduan.

"Se'Elohim... Is this for real"

"Seems crazy, doesn't it?"

Frankly, Niko seemed to have been a step further than his friend. Seem crazy? THIS IS COMPLETE INSANITY! This queen practically just declared her love to a stranger who she met in a ballroom just today... Was there any other way to see this?

"Nui, this doesn't seem right."

Nui raised an eyebrow at that. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, who just hands over a note like that to someone they just danced with? Something ain't right in Her Majesty's head."

"Heh." Nui exhaled. "You did say that only a mad woman would fall for a guy like me. Well," he held the note up. "Se'Elohim, it happened!"

Niko would facepalm himself right now if it were not going to damage his mask - opting for shaking his head instead. "Nui, I mean it. This just isn't right... This isn't even real love. This is lust. Infatuation. A crush."

That caused Nui's smile to drop. "Right, a crush..."

"And even if this is the first step to some happily ever after romantic story, you are a Narduan soldier with an oath and job to your country - to El Paxanum. To be romantically involved with a foreign head of state is going to comprimise your place." He then poined at his head. "Think, asqeri."

"Right, right..." he quickly ran a hand through his hair. "So, what now?"

Niko was about to say something... but instead opted not to say it. "I don't know. You know Niko Solo doesn't deal with the affairs of heart."

Nui sighed at that. "Glorious way to show support for a comrade-in-arms."

Just then, an idea hit Niko. "Don't worry, I'll get a drink for ya... maybe even a cheese cake." That seemed to have done the trick, bringing Nui's bright smile back.

"Tisav, asqeri."
Semparia wrote:She took a drink, thinking. "No, I don't really have any questions, I'll be able to do some research on my own time." She finished off the rest of her drink, "Do you have any questions about me or Semparia? I'd be happy to answer any questions you wish."

"Well, I have one." Ighim Xeoy stepped forward. "Did you always want to be a Queen, or did you just get born into the responsibility?"

Artter raised both eyebrows at that, deciding that it was indeed an interesting question to ask.

Icadias
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Icadias » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Icadias on Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Queendom Of Icadias
HRM, Catherine

No NS Stats Are Used

Semparia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Semparia » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:33 pm

She'd look down at her empty cup in regret, she probably should've saved it. She shrugged, looking back up, "Honestly, I never really thought about it too hard when I was younger, the thought never occurred to me of being much else. So I guess a little of both. Although literally, yes, I was born into being a Queen."

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Dahon wrote:
"Hm, now that you mention it, I did see a few people who won't look out of place in Trichy or Delhi," was Kiako's reply. "But Songkram? Not our style."

She could not elaborate on this further, as by now, much to her surprise, she needed some respite, a few minutes of rest and refreshment, from their vigorous dance. She told the Duke, "Mind if we take a break? You're a frighteningly good dancer, and my stamina's just as frighteningly shot." Then, as if in afterthought, "We'll get back to dancing as soon as I have my draught, I promise you that."

"The other half of a good banquet." Edgar would smirk, and escort her over to a table, and two glasses of water were presented to the duo. "I thought the wild asses had great deals of endurance?" he would joke, uncertain why a woman of clear beauty and assertiveness would compare herself to a rather plain and sometimes...repulsive animal.

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Spotting Aceus, she headed towards him. With a curtsy she engaged “Salud, Your Majesty and company, forgive for the intrusion but may I have a dance?”

Aceus, standing next to the head of the table and conversed briefly with the Grand Vizier, before the Pulchraean Lady approached him. The Dancerian King was surprised, he had assumed that the Grand Duke and the veiled duchess were together as a couple. Needless to say, he wasn't going to turn down such a dance.

Bowing in kind, he spoke "Of course, Signora," raising his head, he continued with a smirk. "you may have several, if you can keep up." Offering his arm, he escorted the white baroness onto the dance floor.

Kyrenaia wrote:
Fara nodded, understanding well.
The importance of the last dance was known to Kyrenaians as well, but it was not as important as dancing to a few specific songs. Cheek to cheek came to mind, thanks to a Swing-Loving Sultana.
Fara would wait, but not forget to enjoy herself. Aceus' cousin and others would have good chances of dancing with her tonight, that was for certain, but she would never stray from her path to Aceus, no matter what.
About the Grand Vizier, she whispered back: "I know, that he would certainly love to, but the question always is, if he can. Best bets are with slow dances.", she told her, giving her a wink in conspiracy. She would love to see the old Grand Vizier dancing, he had enjoyed that very much in his youth, but age and a failing back did not exactly help him with keeping it up these days. "If you want, I could ask?"
Then, Aceus gave his speech and the dancing started, Karim being approached by a girl being... interesting, if one asked Fara.

Karim himself had noted the gaggle, but didn't do anything until a young woman was shoved into his direction by them, soon approaching him. She wore suit and tie, quite unconventional, but it suited (har, har, har) her well, as he saw.
He also saw, that she was quite a pretty young woman.
Many men, he knew, would refer to her curves as the reason and while they were not bad, he had something other in his view, when he said that. He looked into her eyes, the shining emerald windows into her soul, which spoke of a young woman full of life, of intelligence, of understanding.
For a moment, Karim feared: He simply could not talk with pretty girls and this girl was pretty as Dawn after Long Night, her eyes pulling him in. He feared, that he would make a fool out of himself, out of Kyrenaia, by freezing up and not getting a word out. But he also remembered something his father had taught him.
Bravery was not not fearing anything, but overcoming the fear.
He smiled at her, adjusted his jacket slightly, took in air to speak...
...and was silent for but a moment, before he spoke: "Good evening, Milady.", he said and extended his hand for her to put hers into it, so that he could kiss it - and he would kiss it, a sign of the honest admiration he felt for her, for it required guts to break with the conventions like she did by wearing a suit. "I am Karim ibn-Fadi. May I have the honour of this dance?"

Nana would smirk, "I can still walk, just not fast, that's mostly why I've got this." she tapped her wheelchair. "It's if I want to get across large rooms like this, but I can still sweep a man off their feet-" "If I may interrupt?" an elderly gentleman would intercede. He seemed almost as old as Nana, but kept his hair and body well built. Unlike many of the company present, he kept to a traditional attire of robes and vestments. "Lord Lorhalion." Nana would smile, "How good it is to see you again after all these years!" "Please, I am no Lord, merely a sergeant in a fancier uniform and a larger backyard than most." the elderly man would smile "I merely had hoped to have a few words with the good Kyrenaian, perhaps even a dance. I'm not too picky." he then bowed and extended his hand, oddly keeping his left stiffly near his belt. "Lineas Lorhalion, Speaker of the Assembly of Peers, madam."

The gaggle "ooo'd" as the traditional extending of the hand was rewarded with a kiss, and a sidelongs flush back to her companions. "Rikku Albed." she introduced herself, finding out how to formulate her silence into words. "It's...It will be well." she said, clearly mentally slapping herself for her in-eloquence. "That we dance." She added, an awkward clarification that she wanted to make sure. The gesture could be considered friendly, but her friends wanted the exuberant girl to be squeezed into something somewhat formal and suffocated in a ballroom. Something that was anathema to her usually active nature. "If you'd be willing, to, uh...dance. If you can. I assume you can," she looked sheepishly to the side and berated in Sindarin "<Nice work, Rikku you dumb-ass..."
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:43 pm

"The other half of a good banquet." Edgar would smirk, and escort her over to a table, and two glasses of water were presented to the duo.

Kiako felt a sheen of sweat cover her face and the exposed parts of her body; as discreetly as she could, she fished out a handkerchief from a hidden pocket deep within her gown, and quickly proceeded to wipe it off, finishing off right as a waiter handed her a glass of... water. Granddammit.

I could really go for some bubbly white wine right now, she moaned internally.

"I thought the wild asses had great deals of endurance?" he would joke, uncertain why a woman of clear beauty and assertiveness would compare herself to a rather plain and sometimes...repulsive animal.

The Grand Duke may have intended his question as the last in a sally of light jokerie. Needless to say, the Suzumikami didn't see it that way.

Kiako smiled vaguely as she stared into her glass, before drinking a full third of its contents in one gulp. In a thoughtful state of mind she began, "Hm. I used to be wilder -- I'll let your mind wonder on that front. Definitely still an ass, though I flatter myself the better sort of ass, one who actually lets people ride on my back, no matter how put upon, as any self-respecting monarch does. But..."

She drank up the rest of the contents of the glass before calling out for more. Then: "Do you smoke?"
Last edited by Dahon on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Dahon wrote:Kiako felt a sheen of sweat cover her face and the exposed parts of her body; as discreetly as she could, she fished out a handkerchief from a hidden pocket deep within her gown, and quickly proceeded to wipe it off, finishing right as a waiter handed her a glass of... water. Granddammit.

She smiled vaguely as she stared into her glass, before drinking a full third of its contents in one gulp. In a thoughtful state of mind she began, "Hm. I used to be wilder -- I'll let your mind wonder on that front. Definitely still an ass, though I flatter myself the better sort of ass, one who actually lets people ride on my back, no matter how put upon, as any self-respecting monarch does. But..."

She drank up the rest of the contents of the glass before calling out for more. Then: "Do you smoke?"

He smirked, his mind making rather interesting canvases of her phrases, which were no doubt strictly to tease and lead him on. "Not tobacco, no..." he confessed. "But a Can 'o B, every now and again." he paused before clarifying. "Pot's legal in Isengar, but don't go upriver, you'll get arrested. Learned that the hard way." he chuckled, before delaying the servant in Sindarin, who would go and take away the water, much to the Kami's dissapointment. "I still am wild, a flighty little hummingbird. Lovely to look at, but never stays in one place. Ace up there is an old wolf, as we say, it takes a lot to get him riled, but when he gets mad..." he lets the last part linger, before smirking into his wine "I hope the burden of statecraft isn't too heavy upon your shoulders, Madam Kami." their patience would be rewarded with a pair of wineglasses filled with an off-clear liquid.
Last edited by Danceria on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:47 pm

Danceria wrote:Aceus, standing next to the head of the table and conversed briefly with the Grand Vizier, before the Pulchraean Lady approached him. The Dancerian King was surprised, he had assumed that the Grand Duke and the veiled duchess were together as a couple. Needless to say, he wasn't going to turn down such a dance.

Bowing in kind, he spoke "Of course, Signora," raising his head, he continued with a smirk. "you may have several, if you can keep up." Offering his arm, he escorted the white baroness onto the dance floor.

Smiling kindly she took his arm and proceeded to go to the dance floor. On the way she spotted Cleone walking towards the head of the table, so she turned her head and they locked eyes, and Lourdes again stuck her tongue out at him in tease. He playfully raised with a smile as if to say “when I catch you”. She turned her head back around to Aceus “You can lead. And sorry for the accent, English is not my first language.” she said, noting the thick accent she carried “Neither second or third or fourth.”

Kyrenaia wrote:-Snap-

Being departed from Lourdes, Cleone decided to speak with some old friends, so he headed to the head of the table where the Kyrenaians were seated. Seeing Mahmut, he got closer until he was almost behind him and called out “Mahmut you old bastardo. Forgive my interruption, please.” he excused himself in front of the present company “I haven’t seen you in a long while amico. How have you been?”

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Danceria wrote:Aceus, standing next to the head of the table and conversed briefly with the Grand Vizier, before the Pulchraean Lady approached him. The Dancerian King was surprised, he had assumed that the Grand Duke and the veiled duchess were together as a couple. Needless to say, he wasn't going to turn down such a dance.

Smiling kindly she took his arm and proceeded to go to the dance floor. On the way she spotted Cleone walking towards the head of the table, so she turned her head and they locked eyes, and Lourdes again stuck her tongue out at him in tease. He playfully raised with a smile as if to say “when I catch you”. She turned her head back around to Aceus “You can lead. And sorry for the accent, English is not my first language.” she said, noting the thick accent she carried “Neither second or third or fourth.”

"Italian is my third." Aceus confided in kind, "So far, your English is better. Regardless, I believe that Italians prefer to speak using the dance floor?"

With that, Aceus did lead, a slightly complicated waltz, but Lady Lourdes proved to be adept in the ballroom. "I hope you are enjoying Danceria so far, Signora."
Obligatory Quotes below

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Danceria wrote:
"Italian is my third." Aceus confided in kind, "So far, your English is better. Regardless, I believe that Italians prefer to speak using the dance floor?"

With that, Aceus did lead, a slightly complicated waltz, but Lady Lourdes proved to be adept in the ballroom. "I hope you are enjoying Danceria so far, Signora."

“I suppose but I’m no Italiano. I am Hispanic. Easy messing up to strangers.” she replied as they began to dance, it was not hard but the walz was not the most common dance where she came from, it was a favorite of the alemanni nobility up in the northern province. “Danceria is nice so far. I have only seen this, so I cannot go with much.”
Last edited by Lux Pulchrae on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Danceria wrote:
Dahon wrote:Kiako felt a sheen of sweat cover her face and the exposed parts of her body; as discreetly as she could, she fished out a handkerchief from a hidden pocket deep within her gown, and quickly proceeded to wipe it off, finishing right as a waiter handed her a glass of... water. Granddammit.

She smiled vaguely as she stared into her glass, before drinking a full third of its contents in one gulp. In a thoughtful state of mind she began, "Hm. I used to be wilder -- I'll let your mind wonder on that front. Definitely still an ass, though I flatter myself the better sort of ass, one who actually lets people ride on my back, no matter how put upon, as any self-respecting monarch does. But..."

He smirked, his mind making rather interesting canvases of her phrases, which were no doubt strictly to tease and lead him on. "Not tobacco, no..." he confessed. "But a Can 'o B, every now and again." he paused before clarifying. "Pot's legal in Isengar, but don't go upriver, you'll get arrested. Learned that the hard way." he chuckled, before delaying the servant in Sindarin, who would go and take away the water, much to the Kami's dissapointment. "I still am wild, a flighty little hummingbird. Lovely to look at, but never stays in one place. Ace up there is an old wolf, as we say, it takes a lot to get him riled, but when he gets mad..." he lets the last part linger, before smirking into his wine "I hope the burden of statecraft isn't too heavy upon your shoulders, Madam Kami." their patience would be rewarded with a pair of wineglasses filled with an off-clear liquid.

"Hm, white wine. I like me some white wine... thank you, my good man," a gratified Suzumikami said to the waiter as she fetched the sparkling glass from the tray he was carrying. Arcing her head towards Edgar, she added, "And I suppose I must thank you as well. For noticing."

As soon as the presumably amused waiter was out of earshot, Kiako went on. "No one needs to worry about my health, Your Grace, be it physical or mental. I wouldn't say I'm in excellent shape, but I get by... with a little help from my friends."

She let a beat pass, the better to savor the pop culture reference.

"Both the real friends -- and the quote-unquote friends."
Last edited by Dahon on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

Saarkrisken
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saarkrisken » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:20 am

Aquilina listened as the Narduans talked to Queen Janice. Feeling a bit ignored, she thought of a way to reinsert herself in the conversation. "Xeoy" she began "Are your men expecting a gas attack here? Because if we are all in danger, shouldn't we all have masks?" she asked in a teasing manner. "I hope not, because I would hate to wear one of those hideous things, especially at a semi-formal dinner."

Icadias wrote:With her head still in the clouds from that beautiful dance,Catherine seemed to almost bump into someone as she's not looking,luckily she didn't.A smile was perfectly embedded on her face.She kept thinking to herself:"Hm,maybe sometimes,I don't even have to marry or be with a noble,or even a billionaire,sometimes;just a simple man,a soldier too".She giggled silently when she said that.After finally settling down,she decided to order a simple drink from one of the Dancerian servants.

Octavian was dreaming up some mischief that he could make when the Icadian Queen sat next to him. She seemed lost in thought, and not to notice him. He had seen her danced with one of those odd looking soldiers, from the group that looked more at home in a trench than a ballroom. The young man's impression was that she was odd, but decided to talk to her in spite, or perhaps because for that. After he introduced himself, he asked her "Are you enjoying the party?"

Icadias
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Icadias » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:44 am

"Ah yes,indeed.I am Catherine,or fully Catherine Alexia Grace,nice to meet you,Octavias".She portrayed a simple sweet smile when talking to others;it is a regular thing for her to do so,whether to males or females."How about you?Are you interested in something?".Catherine eyed her listener with a zealous look and smile,she was wondering what he wants.

She manage to take a second to glace around for a moment.While doing so,a slightly noticeable frown emerged,it seems like she's looking for someone.
The Queendom Of Icadias
HRM, Catherine

No NS Stats Are Used

Saarkrisken
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saarkrisken » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:00 am

Icadias wrote:"Ah yes,indeed.I am Catherine,or fully Catherine Alexia Grace,nice to meet you,Octavias".She portrayed a simple sweet smile when talking to others;it is a regular thing for her to do so,whether to males or females."How about you?Are you interested in something?".Catherine eyed her listener with a zealous look and smile,she was wondering what he wants.

She manage to take a second to glace around for a moment.While doing so,a slightly noticeable frown emerged,it seems like she's looking for someone.

Odd or not, her smiling was endearing. "That is a lovely name, Miss Grace" said Octavian returning the smile, misunderstanding that Grace was not her family name. "Well.. " began Octavian to formulate a diplomatic way to say he was bored, when he noticed the Icadian glance away for a second and frown. The young man quickly changed his tact. "... it is interesting to meet new people" he said quickly, before asking "Is there something bothering you?"

Icadias
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Icadias » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:28 am

"There is,but I would like to make it clear that what I am being bothered about might seem,weird.Unexpectedly,I had fell in love with a commoner,you see".Catherine would take a small pause before continuing,tapping her fingers on the table for a few times."From my perspective,what people call,real love is love without conditions,whether it be between a noble and a peasant,and,a royal and a commoner.I had found this man just,charming and lovely,just,so...".

Catherine took one more glance towards almost the same direction,"Even if he comes from a devastated nation,family or background,I will be with him to change all that,to start new.Had you seen this gentleman?He looks like a soldier,formal dressed"
The Queendom Of Icadias
HRM, Catherine

No NS Stats Are Used

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:27 am

Eternal Lotharia wrote:As she was surprised by his goals and convictions, he shrugged, still leaning quietly at the pillar, looking at her, but also slightly up at the stars. Maybe one day he could visit there...

Then she moved close and caught him by surprise, and when she kissed his cheek, he felt a sharp tingle throughout his body, and he took time to process what had happened.
What she said next, was very sweet.

If you do not seek out your goals, your goals will find you. A self-fulfilling prophecy, perhaps, that works even in reverse? One he in his past self failed to realize? It was a curious though. But it did not matter.
As she blushed, he felt his heart melt a little. Her face had turned slightly red, and her smile was so cute. He realized he liked her, strangely, deciding he did after a long time than usual. Still, they knew very little about each other...

Maybe it was time to rectify that. After all, maybe she could heal what she did to him...It had been so long, he barely remembered what she acted like before...
He then remembered how long it had been, and it sank in.
6 long years...

He shook his head. He was dwelling too much on the past. Indeed, a promising future now awaited him-His job, and now possibly this fine young lady. She would have to wait.

He smiled back at the Princess nervously, blushing intensely, with a nervous chuckle.
He however did not let this prevent him from walking over to her and taking her arm, drawing her close to him.

"Maybe your mother indeed was right. And maybe you've found yours." He says, smiling yet screaming internally at the horribly corny joke that may be perceived in an offensive manner.

Dschamilla smiled as she was drawn close to him, hearing his words.
They were corny, to say the least, yet she heard him trying to joke, to be sweet. She was not offended, quite on the contrary. Placing her head on his shoulder, Dschamilla, for the first time tonight, showed an open smile, which was surprisingly small, her eyes twinkling.
"Mother is always right.", she claimed, looking up to Alekos, her eyes twinkling.
She barely knew him, but she could already tell, that she liked him and that he liked her back.

Danceria wrote:Nana would smirk, "I can still walk, just not fast, that's mostly why I've got this." she tapped her wheelchair. "It's if I want to get across large rooms like this, but I can still sweep a man off their feet-" "If I may interrupt?" an elderly gentleman would intercede. He seemed almost as old as Nana, but kept his hair and body well built. Unlike many of the company present, he kept to a traditional attire of robes and vestments. "Lord Lorhalion." Nana would smile, "How good it is to see you again after all these years!" "Please, I am no Lord, merely a sergeant in a fancier uniform and a larger backyard than most." the elderly man would smile "I merely had hoped to have a few words with the good Kyrenaian, perhaps even a dance. I'm not too picky." he then bowed and extended his hand, oddly keeping his left stiffly near his belt. "Lineas Lorhalion, Speaker of the Assembly of Peers, madam."

The gaggle "ooo'd" as the traditional extending of the hand was rewarded with a kiss, and a sidelongs flush back to her companions. "Rikku Albed." she introduced herself, finding out how to formulate her silence into words. "It's...It will be well." she said, clearly mentally slapping herself for her in-eloquence. "That we dance." She added, an awkward clarification that she wanted to make sure. The gesture could be considered friendly, but her friends wanted the exuberant girl to be squeezed into something somewhat formal and suffocated in a ballroom. Something that was anathema to her usually active nature. "If you'd be willing, to, uh...dance. If you can. I assume you can," she looked sheepishly to the side and berated in Sindarin "<Nice work, Rikku you dumb-ass..."

Fara smiled at the new arrival. As Nana seemed to be okay with him, she assumed, that he was fine.
"It would be my pleasure, Lord Lorhalion.", she said, adressing him like Nana had, for it somehow seemed right. Speaking of, she turned to the older Lady and bowed her head lightly with an apologetic smile. "If you'd please excuse us?"
With that, she made to stand, offering her arm for the good Lord to link, if he wanted, a common gesture in Kyrenaia, expressing, that a pair belonged together not as a couple, but as a pair of conversation partners, who would prefer to be left alone in their conversation.
"I maybe should introduce myself.", she added with a polite bow of her head, "Fara bint-Dardan, Princess of the Ilkhanate of Megido." She was quite certain, that he knew that already. "Now, about that dance..."

Rikku Albed..., Karim thought, A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.
While he did not understand Sindarin, he saw her nervousness, her sheepishness at her lack of eloquence, her will to be active, her drive, in stark contrast to her very being. He was nervous as well, maybe even more then she was.
Plus, he could dance.
"It would be my greatest pleasure, Rikku.", he said and turned slightly towards the dance floor, offering his arm for linking to lead her. That would also allow them to get away from the gaggle of girls, who did not seem to be helping with Rikku's nervousness. He blushed lightly, a sheepish smile forming on his face. "I am allowed to call you Rikku, right?"

Lux Pulchrae wrote:Being departed from Lourdes, Cleone decided to speak with some old friends, so he headed to the head of the table where the Kyrenaians were seated. Seeing Mahmut, he got closer until he was almost behind him and called out “Mahmut you old bastardo. Forgive my interruption, please.” he excused himself in front of the present company “I haven’t seen you in a long while amico. How have you been?”

The old Grand Vizier smiled widely as Cleone made his presence known, visible by his beard curling up.
Getting up to properly greet him, he leaned onto his cane and offered a hand for a shake.
"King Cleone, it has indeed been to long, especially considering how often your name was heard in the Halls of Azure!", he said wth a grin of his own, turning to his table company and excusing himself. "Come, walk with me a few steps, Young King."
Still, being called Young King was a mark of the respect the old man held for the younger man.
"I've been fine as of late. Much work, yes, but rewarding, too. I even got a few dances as of late, one of them with Duchess Marcella, even." He grinned at that, walking on his cane. "How have you been, Young King? Everything alright in Lux Pulchrae?"
RPing in MT and PT.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents