NATION

PASSWORD

A Convocation of Crowns - MT - IC - MTO Primarily

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:15 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:
Fara nodded, understanding quite well.
"That's our lot in life, isn't it?", she said to both men, "Duty first, everything else later."
She thought for a moment, then decided. She knew, she remembered, what Nana had said about how to proceed... and she decided, that she should take a page out of Aurelia's book. She wore her heart on her sleeves, and her lips and so would Fara, if only for a brief moment of courage.
And she didn't even have the excuse of liquid courage.
So, Fara turned to Aceus and softly kissed him onto the cheek, almost chaste, but loving.
"Rock their world!", she whispered to him, then stepped back.

Al-Zahir got up, not without troubles, but leaning heavily onto his cane, he managed.
He returned the bow respectfully, smiling - a smile, that only got wider and wider the more Rikku spoke, Karim not saying anything, but being torn out of his thoughts and, if he was honest, fantasies.
"His Majesty has, hasn't He?", the Grand Vizier replied and one could see, that he barely held back laughter, his beard having moved upwards. Karim blushed and the old Vizier did not miss Rikku's style of dress. "I would be honoured to be led through this magnificent city by a beautiful lady as yourself, Miss Albhed. And I am sure, that the Young Prince would be honoured as well. Please, Young Lady..." 'Young Lady', much like 'Young Prince', was meant not as an insult, but as an appelation honouring the one adressed as such. Expressing respect. "...may I ask the two of you to sit with me for a bit?"

Aceus smirked, his arm wrapped with Fara's and subtly squeezing her hand as the duo entered the hall once more, before he recieved a reassuring peck on the cheek. With a slightly sheepish smile, Aceus returned to the head of the table and announced that the main course would be ready. As Fara reseated herself next to Nana she smirked. "Nice work," she complimented. "But he'll just be getting started...not with just the speech." the elderly woman shot an approving but impish grin at the Kyrenaian Princess. "Ah hells, looks like Rikk's doing your job for me..."

"Of course, Elder Sir." she plopped herself next to the Grand Vizier, along with Karim. "Though, afterwords, I hope your lordship wouldn't stay seated for too long, for the Honoured Dowager Elurion." she nodded at the elderly woman seated next to Fara. "Would very much like to have a dance with Yourself." her emerald eyes sparkled with a cheeky intention. "Though in the meanwhile, perhaps you would be interested in learning more of the fair city we're currently in..."
Last edited by Danceria on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Dschamilla was, for a moment, very confused, then almost turned angry, her anger only visible in her eyes.
She knew, that Alekos liked her and if she was honest, she also liked him... and Cleone, who apparently preferred to be around with his cousin, who was so obvious in her advances, that it almost hurt. And then both men apparently had decided, that they were going in sequence, one trying his luck before the other, a bit as if she was game to be hunted.
She knew, how he liked dancing - or rather how much he didn't like it, but...
Dschamilla took a deep breath.
Calm, girl., she thought.

Lourdes watched as Cleone left to the 'bathroom' or wherever he really went. She stared at him with a stern face and turned to Dschamilla, finding that she looked even madder. Her stern expression was broken by a smile that crept on her face, then grew into a giggle before finally evolving into a laughter. After a few seconds she stopped and rested her head on her hand, still donning a smile. "Que pasa Arabessa? What is wrong? You seem unsettled, why? I have as much right as anyone else."

Her head stayed on her hand as she began to look down and tap on the table "You see how he left so quickly?" she asked the princess with her smile fading "He hates when I do that, when I tease him. It brings up the past, and he hates the past, our past. He is ashamed of me, hates me and I know it!" tears of anger slowly began to form, but she tried her best to fight them "It's why I was sent away, tia would not have it, she forbid me from him for nine years and now look. He never wanted me here in the first place either, only brought me as a favor. Nine years and this is all I get? It's like we're barely family." Lourdes stopped herself as she was about to choke up and covered her eyes, wetting her glove as she halted the light tears. She clearly had some pent up emotions in her, none of which was meant to shared, but it sort of just happened.
Last edited by Lux Pulchrae on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 am

Danceria wrote:Aceus smirked, his arm wrapped with Fara's and subtly squeezing her hand as the duo entered the hall once more, before he recieved a reassuring peck on the cheek. With a slightly sheepish smile, Aceus returned to the head of the table and announced that the main course would be ready. As Fara reseated herself next to Nana she smirked. "Nice work," she complimented. "But he'll just be getting started...not with just the speech." the elderly woman shot an approving but impish grin at the Kyrenaian Princess. "Ah hells, looks like Rikk's doing your job for me..."

"Of course, Elder Sir." she plopped herself next to the Grand Vizier, along with Karim. "Though, afterwords, I hope your lordship wouldn't stay seated for too long, for the Honoured Dowager Elurion." she nodded at the elderly woman seated next to Fara. "Would very much like to have a dance with Yourself." her emerald eyes sparkled with a cheeky intention. "Though in the meanwhile, perhaps you would be interested in learning more of the fair city we're currently in..."

Fara smiled at Nana, then looked over to where Karim and Rikku where talking to the Grand Vizier, who seemed to be happy as a clam, despite his blush.
For a moment, her eyes narrowed.
"Who is she?", she asked without much of a preamble after turning back to Nana.

The Grand Vizier smiled.
"Oh, is that so?", he asked with his own eyes sparkling - that girl was good! She and Karim would fit nicely together, he thought. "I would be honoured to lead Her Majesty to the dance floor, provided a slow piece is played tonight as well." He let a beat pass. "Now, do tell us a bit about Yggdrasilia. A lovely city, from what little I've seen so far."

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:Dschamilla was, for a moment, very confused, then almost turned angry, her anger only visible in her eyes.
She knew, that Alekos liked her and if she was honest, she also liked him... and Cleone, who apparently preferred to be around with his cousin, who was so obvious in her advances, that it almost hurt. And then both men apparently had decided, that they were going in sequence, one trying his luck before the other, a bit as if she was game to be hunted.
She knew, how he liked dancing - or rather how much he didn't like it, but...
Dschamilla took a deep breath.
Calm, girl., she thought.

Lourdes watched as Cleone left to the 'bathroom' or wherever he really went. She stared at him with a stern face and turned to Dschamilla, finding that she looked even madder. Her stern expression was broken by a smile that crept on her face, then grew into a giggle before finally evolving into a laughter. After a few seconds she stopped and rested her head on her hand, still donning a smile. "Que pasa Arabessa? What is wrong? You seem unsettled, why? I have as much right as anyone else."

Her head stayed on her hand as she began to look down and tap on the table "You see how he left so quickly?" she asked the princess with her smile fading "He hates when I do that, when I tease him. It brings up the past, and he hates the past, our past. He is ashamed of me, hates me and I know it!" tears of anger slowly began to form, but she tried her best to fight them "It's why I was sent away, tia would not have it, she forbid me from him for nine years and now look. He never wanted me here in the first place either, only brought me as a favor. Nine years and this is all I get? It's like we're barely family." Lourdes stopped herself as she was about to choke up and covered her eyes, wetting her glove as she halted the light tears. She clearly had some pent up emotions in her, none of which was meant to shared, but it sort of just happened.

Right?, Dschamilla thought, What the... oh.
Lourdes continued, nearly broke out in tears and in Dschamilla's head, there was another word repeated: Oh.
Understanding dawned upon her...
She moved forward, giving Lourdes a light hug, understanding the troubles she went through - understanding, but she did not live through something similar. Sure, past lovers did not exactly all approve of her, but she hadn't been in love with a relative and she hadn't been sent away due to that and she hadn't been shunned by said relative.
"Come here, Lourdes.", she whispered and motioned for Alekos to offer her a hankerchief. She promised herself, that she would make Cleone at least give her a chance, maybe not as lovers, but as cousins. That, she thought, was the least she could do.
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:
Fara smiled at Nana, then looked over to where Karim and Rikku where talking to the Grand Vizier, who seemed to be happy as a clam, despite his blush.
For a moment, her eyes narrowed.
"Who is she?", she asked without much of a preamble after turning back to Nana.

The Grand Vizier smiled.
"Oh, is that so?", he asked with his own eyes sparkling - that girl was good! She and Karim would fit nicely together, he thought. "I would be honoured to lead Her Majesty to the dance floor, provided a slow piece is played tonight as well." He let a beat pass. "Now, do tell us a bit about Yggdrasilia. A lovely city, from what little I've seen so far."

"That would be Rikku Albhed, Spira's resident tomboy, and the daughter of Aceus's old Sindarin Lit teacher." she smiled fondly. "She's a bit of a headstrong lass, but a nice one. No doubt Aceus wanted her to guide Your Graces through the Old City." she chuckled "By her amicable face, and the fact that young Karim's balls are still attached to him, I'd say the two are getting along swell together." Nana would lean in conspiritorally towards Fara. "Like her old man, fine poetry is her kryptonite, the sappier the better!"

"Of course that would depend, if Your Grace is interested in Yggdrasilia's past or present." Rikku would explain. "I am more acquainted with the Shaded Valley's present, her various parks, restaurants both high-end and wonderfully rustic, theaters, cinemas, schools... especially her nightclubs and discotheques." she flushed with pride, before coyly and boldly teasing the the Grand Vizier "Of course, Your Grace should not worry about the Dowager's age slowing her. If you prefer the rapid dances of the clubs, of which I am certain you are well acquainted with by virtue of your many years, Lady Elurion would be more than delighted to dance the spitfire once more." It was hopefully innocent enough, not something to put down the Grand Vizier or his age. After all, Karim said himself that the lord was rather hale, and Rikku heartily agreed! Her "womanly intuition" that she occasionally listened to informed her that the good elder would take the comment well, or that it might be true! After all, judging by his face, he was a handsome man for many years. A rough, worker-man face much like Snow's, but still handsome with character. It reminded much of her father's...
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:07 am

Kyrenaia wrote:Right?, Dschamilla thought, What the... oh.
Lourdes continued, nearly broke out in tears and in Dschamilla's head, there was another word repeated: Oh.
She moved forward, giving Lourdes a light hug, understanding the troubles she went through - understanding, but she did not live through something similar. Sure, past lovers did not exactly all approve of her, but she hadn't been in love with a relative and she hadn't been sent away due to that and she hadn't been shunned by said relative.
"Come here, Lourdes.", she whispered and motioned for Alekos to offer her a hankerchief. She promised herself, that she would make Cleone at least give her a chance, maybe not as lovers, but as cousins. That, she thought, was the least she could do.

Lourdes felt Dschamilla's hug and was almost startled. The hot tears streamed down as she was reluctant to return the gesture, ultimately deciding not to. She gently removed herself from the embrace, wiping her tears and clearing her face. "Thank you, but I am ok. I just needed to, how they say, vent. Most of that was just my anger." she started to giggle, realizing how embarrassing that small outburst was. She was taught to never air out her laundry in public, family problems stayed as family problems. "I mean, nine years without seeing him, how am I supposed to feel? He's still an unmarried fool at 28 years of age." she covered her mouth as if to take it back "I did not mean that."

Cleone seemed to detour on his way to the restroom, being found at the liquor bar. "Barman, give your strongest, two please." he was handed two glasses and downed the first one 'This is going to be a night' he thought.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Danceria wrote:"That would be Rikku Albhed, Spira's resident tomboy, and the daughter of Aceus's old Sindarin Lit teacher." she smiled fondly. "She's a bit of a headstrong lass, but a nice one. No doubt Aceus wanted her to guide Your Graces through the Old City." she chuckled "By her amicable face, and the fact that young Karim's balls are still attached to him, I'd say the two are getting along swell together." Nana would lean in conspiritorally towards Fara. "Like her old man, fine poetry is her kryptonite, the sappier the better!"

"Of course that would depend, if Your Grace is interested in Yggdrasilia's past or present." Rikku would explain. "I am more acquainted with the Shaded Valley's present, her various parks, restaurants both high-end and wonderfully rustic, theaters, cinemas, schools... especially her nightclubs and discotheques." she flushed with pride, before coyly and boldly teasing the the Grand Vizier "Of course, Your Grace should not worry about the Dowager's age slowing her. If you prefer the rapid dances of the clubs, of which I am certain you are well acquainted with by virtue of your many years, Lady Elurion would be more than delighted to dance the spitfire once more." It was hopefully innocent enough, not something to put down the Grand Vizier or his age. After all, Karim said himself that the lord was rather hale, and Rikku heartily agreed! Her "womanly intuition" that she occasionally listened to informed her that the good elder would take the comment well, or that it might be true! After all, judging by his face, he was a handsome man for many years. A rough, worker-man face much like Snow's, but still handsome with character. It reminded much of her father's...

"Oh, then she will love Karim to bits!", Fara said with a small, sad smile, "He is a good writer of sappy and sad poetry, mainly due to... well... he did have a massive crush on me. We talked about it and while I still believe, that I let him down gently, I think, that I hurt him quite a lot."
She let a beat pass.
"Headstrong and tomboyish, but into poetry as well... and, admittedly, quite a looker.", Fara said, "Yeah, Karim is going to like her."

Al-Zahir smiled, not holding her words or her teasing against her.
"It's not Her, that I am concerned about, but I must admit to my utmost shame, that it is myself, who has to insist on something slower. My family always had back-problems and my lifestyle did not exactly help.", he told her with a small smile, "Besides, I believe, that my knowledge of the fast dances is a bit outdated by now, Young Lady. But enough of that... I would be very glad, if you could show us this wonderful town in its current, present state. Including the Nightclubs."
Karim raised an eyebrow.

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:Right?, Dschamilla thought, What the... oh.

Lourdes felt Dschamilla's hug and was almost startled. The hot tears streamed down as she was reluctant to return the gesture, ultimately deciding not to. She gently removed herself from the embrace, wiping her tears and clearing her face. "Thank you, but I am ok. I just needed to, how they say, vent. Most of that was just my anger." she started to giggle, realizing how embarrassing that small outburst was. She was taught to never air out her laundry in public, family problems stayed as family problems. "I mean, nine years without seeing him, how am I supposed to feel? He's still an unmarried fool at 28 years of age." she covered her mouth as if to take it back "I did not mean that."

Cleone seemed to detour on his way to the restroom, being found at the liquor bar. "Barman, give your strongest, two please." he was handed two glasses and downed the first one 'This is going to be a night' he thought.

Dschamilla was a bit concerned about the young woman, but shook her head.
"If anyone asks, I heard nothing.", she said and gave her a small smile, before she teased: "But I must say, you have taste!" Her smile now a small grin, let that one subside rather quickly. "Are you sure, that you are okay? For a given definition of the term?"
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:31 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:
"Oh, then she will love Karim to bits!", Fara said with a small, sad smile, "He is a good writer of sappy and sad poetry, mainly due to... well... he did have a massive crush on me. We talked about it and while I still believe, that I let him down gently, I think, that I hurt him quite a lot."
She let a beat pass.
"Headstrong and tomboyish, but into poetry as well... and, admittedly, quite a looker.", Fara said, "Yeah, Karim is going to like her."

Al-Zahir smiled, not holding her words or her teasing against her.
"It's not Her, that I am concerned about, but I must admit to my utmost shame, that it is myself, who has to insist on something slower. My family always had back-problems and my lifestyle did not exactly help.", he told her with a small smile, "Besides, I believe, that my knowledge of the fast dances is a bit outdated by now, Young Lady. But enough of that... I would be very glad, if you could show us this wonderful town in its current, present state. Including the Nightclubs."
Karim raised an eyebrow.

"And I think she him. Hopefully as a friend before a crush." Nana would nod. "You're not that half bad, but alas, as is the duty of us lookers who don't want to have too many gentleman callers, we let them down as easy as they'll take it. You no doubt have had to do that quite a bit." she subtly gestured to her...robustly curvaceous figure. Even in her prime, Emyline Elurion would no doubt be passed aside for the buxom beauty of the Five Deserts. Thankfully, beauty required both charm as well as physique, the former being Nana's forte for sixty years and counting. "At least, I certainly hope that you've let down all your suitors nice and gentle...unless you're keeping one or two backups for Aceus to prove himself the better." she giggled mischievously "There be no shame in admitting it, darling. With those lookers, you may have a few admirers who may not take so kindly to your newfound relationship status. If Kyrenaian law permit, Aceus would be more than happy to provide some...tender dissuasion of his own. Sadly, he's had experience in a few women keeping men on the side to see how they deal with jealousy, or because she loves a good scuffle." she looked down disdainfully. "I doubt you're one of them, but he's not afraid to knock the teeth out of anyone who goes behind his back, be they man" she looked cautiously up at Fara "or woman."

In a cute mirror, Rikku also failed to hide her own eyebrow-raising. "Sir." she began, swiftly recovering her thoughts. "I trust it is for the young Lordship's sake, as you may be his, ah, wingman." she explained, "I wouldn't wish to entangle Prince Karim in any...scandalous behaviour if he isn't legally allowed to...partake in such activities." The young Dancerian woman would groan, and wish that her father was nearby. Translating ordinary talk into fancy-speak is a Herculean hernia in the hindquarters! But what she did know, was how to verbally fence with the higher-ups. With a high-outside thrust of further teasing, accented by a coy grin, she ventured "Though if your Lordship desires to reacquaint yourself with the rapid-dances of youth, I would encourage this: Stick to what you know. Due to your aged nature, us youngsters would not recognize a past trend and think it new and vibrant, especially if performed well."
Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:-the Italiano requires a beverage-

It would be a simple request for the barkeep. An ounce of Campari, an ounce of gin, and an ounce of sweet vermouth flavor of Carpano Antica all into a pint glass filled with ice. Stirring until sufficiently chilled, he strained it into a double-rocks glass also filled with ice, and completed it with an orange half-wheel. Gin Negroni, was the name of the drink, and familiar enough cocktail for the Pulchraen to enjoy.

"Almien, hîr maer" he said, roughly translating to "cheers" or "good health" to the "good master", before sliding the beverage to the King. He was silent, like many of his trade, though his posture and eyes noted everything that transpired, and desired to know more. The best barkeep after all was a brick wall, or offered conversation. In a place so high-class, now was the time for silence and speaking only when commanded of.
Obligatory Quotes below

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:55 am

Kyrenaia wrote:Dschamilla was a bit concerned about the young woman, but shook her head.
"If anyone asks, I heard nothing.", she said and gave her a small smile, before she teased: "But I must say, you have taste!" Her smile now a small grin, let that one subside rather quickly. "Are you sure, that you are okay? For a given definition of the term?"

She sniffled and giggled at the princess' comment "I suppose I do." She stopped a servant walking with a tray of beverages in his hand, taking a glass of wine. "And yes,I am ok-wait," her eyes narrowed at Dschamilla's last question "what is that supposed to mean, Arabessa? I am more than okay."

Danceria wrote:It would be a simple request for the barkeep. An ounce of Campari, an ounce of gin, and an ounce of sweet vermouth flavor of Carpano Antica all into a pint glass filled with ice. Stirring until sufficiently chilled, he strained it into a double-rocks glass also filled with ice, and completed it with an orange half-wheel. Gin Negroni, was the name of the drink, and familiar enough cocktail for the Pulchraen to enjoy.

"Almien, hîr maer" he said, roughly translating to "cheers" or "good health" to the "good master", before sliding the beverage to the King. He was silent, like many of his trade, though his posture and eyes noted everything that transpired, and desired to know more. The best barkeep after all was a brick wall, or offered conversation. In a place so high-class, now was the time for silence and speaking only when commanded of.

"Salut." Cleone smiled and raised his glass to the bartender, before downing it. He wasn't much a man for silence, silence was for prayer, and now was not really a time for those. "How's the day been for you so far barman?" he questioned.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:41 am

Danceria wrote:"And I think she him. Hopefully as a friend before a crush." Nana would nod. "You're not that half bad, but alas, as is the duty of us lookers who don't want to have too many gentleman callers, we let them down as easy as they'll take it. You no doubt have had to do that quite a bit." she subtly gestured to her...robustly curvaceous figure. Even in her prime, Emyline Elurion would no doubt be passed aside for the buxom beauty of the Five Deserts. Thankfully, beauty required both charm as well as physique, the former being Nana's forte for sixty years and counting. "At least, I certainly hope that you've let down all your suitors nice and gentle...unless you're keeping one or two backups for Aceus to prove himself the better." she giggled mischievously "There be no shame in admitting it, darling. With those lookers, you may have a few admirers who may not take so kindly to your newfound relationship status. If Kyrenaian law permit, Aceus would be more than happy to provide some...tender dissuasion of his own. Sadly, he's had experience in a few women keeping men on the side to see how they deal with jealousy, or because she loves a good scuffle." she looked down disdainfully. "I doubt you're one of them, but he's not afraid to knock the teeth out of anyone who goes behind his back, be they man" she looked cautiously up at Fara "or woman."

In a cute mirror, Rikku also failed to hide her own eyebrow-raising. "Sir." she began, swiftly recovering her thoughts. "I trust it is for the young Lordship's sake, as you may be his, ah, wingman." she explained, "I wouldn't wish to entangle Prince Karim in any...scandalous behaviour if he isn't legally allowed to...partake in such activities." The young Dancerian woman would groan, and wish that her father was nearby. Translating ordinary talk into fancy-speak is a Herculean hernia in the hindquarters! But what she did know, was how to verbally fence with the higher-ups. With a high-outside thrust of further teasing, accented by a coy grin, she ventured "Though if your Lordship desires to reacquaint yourself with the rapid-dances of youth, I would encourage this: Stick to what you know. Due to your aged nature, us youngsters would not recognize a past trend and think it new and vibrant, especially if performed well."

Fara's smile turned quite a bit frosty.
"Who I dissuade of courting me and who I don't dissuade of courting me and how I do so is my matter to attend to, don't you think?", she asked, "And before you continue, Nana, I indeed had a lot of suitors over the years, most of them interested in either those, as you referred to them, 'lookers'..." It was clear, that she was not too amused about how the woman had talked about them. "...or in the title I carry. A very little number, only consisting of a young Prince standing in the shadow of his siblings, fighting his way out of it with a gentle feather, was interested in me."
She let a beat pass.
Fara, for all her beauty and wits, had always had one problem: Her beauty. Usually, that would not be a problem, but for a woman, who wanted to be more then the bed bunny for anyone, or to serve as the fast-track for social ascension, it had been a hindrance. Like all women blessed with the curse of beauty, she wanted someone, who loved her...
...and she believed, that she had finally found that in Aceus, for all of their things they still needed to learn about each other. So, having his Grandmother refer to her chest repeatedly, in such a manner, was a bit pesky, to say the least... and it reduced her to that, if one asked Fara.
"I let him down gently, or a least tried to.", she said, "Others were not so lucky."
She made to rise, her expression still very frosty.
"If you'd please excuse me, Nana?", she said in a tone, that booked little to no argument.

The Grand Vizier was not as familiar with courtly English as he would have liked it, him being trained to attend Kyrenaian Courts and to speak there, the translations of the difficult Courtly Kyrenaian suffering a lot in their complexity.
So, he stuck with a more solid, but less elaborate English, his forth language, actually.
Karim preempted any reply, though: "While Your concerns about my participation in such a visit gladdens me deeply, Lady Albed, I am, by the laws of Kyrenaia, an adult and thus allowed to, as they say, 'hit the clubs' and indeed already did so. Without scandals following." He let a beat pass. "Everything needs to be in good measure, after all."
"As for me...", the old Grand Vizier said from the side, "...I see such a visit more as a reconnaissance mission, so to speak. For one thing, how such establishments changed since my youth, for the other, so that I can assure those staying at home, that they are mostly harmless."
Karim bowed his head to the Grand Vizier. "Who knows, maybe you indeed begin a new trend, wayazar."

Lux Pulchrae wrote:She sniffled and giggled at the princess' comment "I suppose I do." She stopped a servant walking with a tray of beverages in his hand, taking a glass of wine. "And yes,I am ok-wait," her eyes narrowed at Dschamilla's last question "what is that supposed to mean, Arabessa? I am more than okay."

Dschamilla smiled slightly.
"I would prefer it, if you could not call me 'Arabessa', Lourdes.", she said and took a glass of wine for herself, "I have a name and it's Dschamilla. I don't really have a nickname for friends, though..." She let a beat pass. "What I meant was, that you just vented about how clueless men are, which drove many-a-woman to insanity already. So."
She raised her glass for a toast.
"To clueless men?", she proposed.
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:[spoiler=Kyrenaia-Quote]Fara's smile turned quite a bit frosty.
"Who I dissuade of courting me and who I don't dissuade of courting me and how I do so is my matter to attend to, don't you think?", she asked, "And before you continue, Nana, I indeed had a lot of suitors over the years, most of them interested in either those, as you referred to them, 'lookers'..." It was clear, that she was not too amused about how the woman had talked about them. "...or in the title I carry. A very little number, only consisting of a young Prince standing in the shadow of his siblings, fighting his way out of it with a gentle feather, was interested in me."
She let a beat pass.
Fara, for all her beauty and wits, had always had one problem: Her beauty. Usually, that would not be a problem, but for a woman, who wanted to be more then the bed bunny for anyone, or to serve as the fast-track for social ascension, it had been a hindrance. Like all women blessed with the curse of beauty, she wanted someone, who loved her...
...and she believed, that she had finally found that in Aceus, for all of their things they still needed to learn about each other. So, having his Grandmother refer to her chest repeatedly, in such a manner, was a bit pesky, to say the least... and it reduced her to that, if one asked Fara.
"I let him down gently, or a least tried to.", she said, "Others were not so lucky."
"If you'd please excuse me, Nana?", she said in a tone, that booked little to no argument.

The Grand Vizier was not as familiar with courtly English as he would have liked it, him being trained to attend Kyrenaian Courts and to speak there, the translations of the difficult Courtly Kyrenaian suffering a lot in their complexity.
So, he stuck with a more solid, but less elaborate English, his forth language, actually.
Karim preempted any reply, though: "While Your concerns about my participation in such a visit gladdens me deeply, Lady Albed, I am, by the laws of Kyrenaia, an adult and thus allowed to, as they say, 'hit the clubs' and indeed already did so. Without scandals following." He let a beat pass. "Everything needs to be in good measure, after all."
"As for me...", the old Grand Vizier said from the side, "...I see such a visit more as a reconnaissance mission, so to speak. For one thing, how such establishments changed since my youth, for the other, so that I can assure those staying at home, that they are mostly harmless."
Karim bowed his head to the Grand Vizier. "Who knows, maybe you indeed begin a new trend, wayazar."

Nana sighed, before Aceus would intercept the old woman. "<<Heh, so much for the old Emylen Charme...>>" the old woman would dejectedly sigh. "<<Ah, don't worry. I think I was a bit too hard on her,>>" Aceus's countenance fell, before the Dancerian continued "<<She's still head over heels for ya. She just doesn't like me. Tha's all...>>" Nana would chuckle "<<Just making sure she doesn't have any lads you have to shoo off. >>" she paused, before looking at the Grand Vizier. "<<You think he'll go along with it?>>" Aceus would ponder. "<<I hope so, for her sake. I've yet to break a promise->>" "<<Just be sure to promise less to pretty girls.>>" she giggled "<<...To either those I care about, or those who are my subjects.>>" Aceus finished with a sigh. "<<I'm worried for her, for both of them...for our two nations...and for your future grandkids...What kind of a Danceria will I leave for them?>>" The aged woman would place a heartening hand on her grandson's and nod reassuringly. "<<The kind of Danceria you will speak about, the kind that you will promise to all in this room. The kind that will make your grandpa and father proud.>>" A beat would pass between the two of them, before Aceus would smile. "<<Thanks gran...I think it's about time we wrap things up here...>>" he would smile and head to his seat.

"Then I must ask Your Lordships, what exactly would you prefer?" Rikku would explain. "A wild night of uninhibited dancing, the music blaring away any troubles you came with... Or a nice, quiet evening of conversation and reading? Danceria's clubs are as varied and valued as her people, and Yggdrasilia is no different." she paused. "First that comes to mind is the Fox Paw. It's an old establishment, one of several in Old Westtown, if you would like my personal recommendation." she smiled fondly. "Good music, excellent food, and more devoted to unwinding with some discussion. Excellent for beginners interested in Yggdrasilia's nightlife. Plus, there are some excellent views for the Good Vizier to observe the latest dancing crazes in Danceria, as well as her old folk dances. Though, the Paw tend to stray more towards the folkish and traditional of dances, rather than they atypical "unts-unts" you're familiar with in clubbing. A good reel or jazz solo is common, maybe some funk or fusion."
Lux Pulchrae wrote:"Salut." Cleone smiled and raised his glass to the bartender, before downing it. He wasn't much a man for silence, silence was for prayer, and now was not really a time for those. "How's the day been for you so far barman?" he questioned.

"Wonderfully slow." he would respond, his accent seeming familiar to a Celtic drawl, but with something uniquely Dancerian. "Jus' mostly makin' sure tha' the waiters got what they needed, if there be requests for 'arder stuff." he would nod at the passing waitress, carrying a tray of empty glasses to be refilled no doubt. "Emanestel's better at handlin' any emotional baggage Yer Lords an' Ladyships may have come with than I am, I'm jus' 'ere fer formality." he shrugged, instinctively cleaning for the fiftieth time his end of the bar-counter. "Refill, or interested in tryin' somethin' else?"
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:12 am

Danceria wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:Fara's smile turned quite a bit frosty.
She let a beat pass.

Nana sighed, before Aceus would intercept the old woman. "<<Heh, so much for the old Emylen Charme...>>" the old woman would dejectedly sigh. "<<Ah, don't worry. I think I was a bit too hard on her,>>" Aceus's countenance fell, before the Dancerian continued "<<She's still head over heels for ya. She just doesn't like me. Tha's all...>>" Nana would chuckle "<<Just making sure she doesn't have any lads you have to shoo off. >>" she paused, before looking at the Grand Vizier. "<<You think he'll go along with it?>>" Aceus would ponder. "<<I hope so, for her sake. I've yet to break a promise->>" "<<Just be sure to promise less to pretty girls.>>" she giggled "<<...To either those I care about, or those who are my subjects.>>" Aceus finished with a sigh. "<<I'm worried for her, for both of them...for our two nations...and for your future grandkids...What kind of a Danceria will I leave for them?>>" The aged woman would place a heartening hand on her grandson's and nod reassuringly. "<<The kind of Danceria you will speak about, the kind that you will promise to all in this room. The kind that will make your grandpa and father proud.>>" A beat would pass between the two of them, before Aceus would smile. "<<Thanks gran...I think it's about time we wrap things up here...>>" he would smile and head to his seat.

"Then I must ask Your Lordships, what exactly would you prefer?" Rikku would explain. "A wild night of uninhibited dancing, the music blaring away any troubles you came with... Or a nice, quiet evening of conversation and reading? Danceria's clubs are as varied and valued as her people, and Yggdrasilia is no different." she paused. "First that comes to mind is the Fox Paw. It's an old establishment, one of several in Old Westtown, if you would like my personal recommendation." she smiled fondly. "Good music, excellent food, and more devoted to unwinding with some discussion. Excellent for beginners interested in Yggdrasilia's nightlife. Plus, there are some excellent views for the Good Vizier to observe the latest dancing crazes in Danceria, as well as her old folk dances. Though, the Paw tend to stray more towards the folkish and traditional of dances, rather than they atypical "unts-unts" you're familiar with in clubbing. A good reel or jazz solo is common, maybe some funk or fusion."
Lux Pulchrae wrote:"Salut." Cleone smiled and raised his glass to the bartender, before downing it. He wasn't much a man for silence, silence was for prayer, and now was not really a time for those. "How's the day been for you so far barman?" he questioned.

"Wonderfully slow." he would respond, his accent seeming familiar to a Celtic drawl, but with something uniquely Dancerian. "Jus' mostly makin' sure tha' the waiters got what they needed, if there be requests for 'arder stuff." he would nod at the passing waitress, carrying a tray of empty glasses to be refilled no doubt. "Emanestel's better at handlin' any emotional baggage Yer Lords an' Ladyships may have come with than I am, I'm jus' 'ere fer formality." he shrugged, instinctively cleaning for the fiftieth time his end of the bar-counter. "Refill, or interested in tryin' somethin' else?"

Fara left the old lady behind.
She did not dislike her, she was just a bit miffed. And that was putting it lightly, if she was honest, but that was also a pesky detail, which she didn't want to go to deep into.
She saw Aceus approaching his grandmother with concern in his eyes, the two of them having a conversation, glancing over to the Grand Vizier, who was still conversing with Karim and this Rikku-Girl.
So, this is, what my replacement looks like., she thought, a small smile on her lips, Karim does have taste, one has to give him that.
That smile vanished as she found herself at the bar, not too far away from King Cleone, giving him a respectful nod, more on automatism then anything else. She sat down, thankful for how her long dress fell, indeed showing a slight bit of leg, teasing, but not showing.
She flagged down the barkeeper.
"By any chance, do you have whiskey? From the Free Lands, preferably?", she asked politely.

"Ah, that Fox Paw does sound like a good starting point.", the Grand Vizier said with a smile, "Don't you think, Young Prince?"
Karim nodded. "Indeed.", he spoke, smiling at Rikku, as he joked, "Of course, mainly because of the food, not because of the conversation!" Al-Zahir chortled in amusement, knowing, that it was actually the other way around. Karim would be in it for the conversation, maybe even the dancing, not the food. "Also, a connoisseur of dances like you, wayazar, will be right at home."
Al-Zahir nodded, having spotted the local King and Nana glancing over to him. He turned back to the conversation with a small smile. "Especially the folk-dances sound interesting."
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:55 am

Kyrenaia wrote:
Fara left the old lady behind.
She did not dislike her, she was just a bit miffed. And that was putting it lightly, if she was honest, but that was also a pesky detail, which she didn't want to go to deep into.
She saw Aceus approaching his grandmother with concern in his eyes, the two of them having a conversation, glancing over to the Grand Vizier, who was still conversing with Karim and this Rikku-Girl.
So, this is, what my replacement looks like., she thought, a small smile on her lips, Karim does have taste, one has to give him that.
That smile vanished as she found herself at the bar, not too far away from King Cleone, giving him a respectful nod, more on automatism then anything else. She sat down, thankful for how her long dress fell, indeed showing a slight bit of leg, teasing, but not showing.
She flagged down the barkeeper.
"By any chance, do you have whiskey? From the Free Lands, preferably?", she asked politely.

"Ah, that Fox Paw does sound like a good starting point.", the Grand Vizier said with a smile, "Don't you think, Young Prince?"
Karim nodded. "Indeed.", he spoke, smiling at Rikku, as he joked, "Of course, mainly because of the food, not because of the conversation!" Al-Zahir chortled in amusement, knowing, that it was actually the other way around. Karim would be in it for the conversation, maybe even the dancing, not the food. "Also, a connoisseur of dances like you, wayazar, will be right at home."
Al-Zahir nodded, having spotted the local King and Nana glancing over to him. He turned back to the conversation with a small smile. "Especially the folk-dances sound interesting."

"Any Selkie stuff...hold on..." he dove beneath the counter, the light and professional clattering of bottles filling the air, " 'Fraid most of the stuff we got is local. Shame, too, the stuff's pretty good." the barkeep would admit that between the single pot style of whiskies, he preferred the Selkie by just a hair, due to the Dancerian tradition of spicing or after-flavoring liquor rather than letting it be "as is". "I'll see if I can scrounge up somethin' similar, if tha's not gonna be a deal breaker for Yer Ladyship."

"Who knows, maybe the Young Prince would be whisked away for a dance or three." Rikku would chuckle. "But it is definitely more of a sit down club..."
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:36 pm

Danceria wrote:"Any Selkie stuff...hold on..." he dove beneath the counter, the light and professional clattering of bottles filling the air, " 'Fraid most of the stuff we got is local. Shame, too, the stuff's pretty good." the barkeep would admit that between the single pot style of whiskies, he preferred the Selkie by just a hair, due to the Dancerian tradition of spicing or after-flavoring liquor rather than letting it be "as is". "I'll see if I can scrounge up somethin' similar, if tha's not gonna be a deal breaker for Yer Ladyship."

"Who knows, maybe the Young Prince would be whisked away for a dance or three." Rikku would chuckle. "But it is definitely more of a sit down club..."

Fara frowned for a short moment - if one asked her, there wasn't any better whiskey in the world then Selkie-Whiskey, except one was talking about Headache Water, but if there wasn't anything here...
"Something local, then, please.", she said and gave the barkeeper a short smile. "Let's see what you got!"
She figured, if she was going to date that man's King, she might as well try the whiskeys his land produced. There were certainly worse ways to spend the evening.

"Excellent!", the Grand Vizier said with a smile, noting, how Karim looked at Rikku. "And if I know the Young Prince well enough, he might be the one asking you for a dance, Young Lady."
Karim nodded, blushing.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:
"I would prefer it, if you could not call me 'Arabessa', Lourdes.", she said and took a glass of wine for herself, "I have a name and it's Dschamilla. I don't really have a nickname for friends, though..." She let a beat pass. "What I meant was, that you just vented about how clueless men are, which drove many-a-woman to insanity already. So."

"Consider it endearment." she raised her glass, clanking it with Dschamilla's glass with a smile. 'Or as a pet name' she thought before she returned the toast with a shrug "To clueless men I suppose." She sipped her glass and tried to spot Cleone 'I might need more than this after that.'. "So what are you doing after this?"

Danceria wrote:"Wonderfully slow." he would respond, his accent seeming familiar to a Celtic drawl, but with something uniquely Dancerian. "Jus' mostly makin' sure tha' the waiters got what they needed, if there be requests for 'arder stuff." he would nod at the passing waitress, carrying a tray of empty glasses to be refilled no doubt. "Emanestel's better at handlin' any emotional baggage Yer Lords an' Ladyships may have come with than I am, I'm jus' 'ere fer formality." he shrugged, instinctively cleaning for the fiftieth time his end of the bar-counter. "Refill, or interested in tryin' somethin' else?"

"Refill, I want to be numb, but not so fast." Cleone responded, looking behind him at the festivities going on, caring little for it. "So, do you like doing this...gig? Am I using that right? Anyways, it must be downing, watching pretentious stronzos flail themselves about, running around like school children. I wouldn't want these people in my palace." he sighed, shooting down another glass.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:13 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:

"Consider it endearment." she raised her glass, clanking it with Dschamilla's glass with a smile. 'Or as a pet name' she thought before she returned the toast with a shrug "To clueless men I suppose." She sipped her glass and tried to spot Cleone 'I might need more than this after that.'. "So what are you doing after this?"

Danceria wrote:"Wonderfully slow." he would respond, his accent seeming familiar to a Celtic drawl, but with something uniquely Dancerian. "Jus' mostly makin' sure tha' the waiters got what they needed, if there be requests for 'arder stuff." he would nod at the passing waitress, carrying a tray of empty glasses to be refilled no doubt. "Emanestel's better at handlin' any emotional baggage Yer Lords an' Ladyships may have come with than I am, I'm jus' 'ere fer formality." he shrugged, instinctively cleaning for the fiftieth time his end of the bar-counter. "Refill, or interested in tryin' somethin' else?"

"Refill, I want to be numb, but not so fast." Cleone responded, looking behind him at the festivities going on, caring little for it. "So, do you like doing this...gig? Am I using that right? Anyways, it must be downing, watching pretentious stronzos flail themselves about, running around like school children. I wouldn't want these people in my palace." he sighed, shooting down another glass.

Dschamilla, having taken a sip from her glass, let a beat pass.
"Well, we're going to spent a few days in Danceria, the Grand Vizier doing important diplomatic business, to which either I or Fara will accompany him, mainly due to both of us being groomed for the future and because he needs and aide.", Dschamilla explained, "Depending on how that goes, and who goes with him, we will have to write reports and evaluations, while the rest does the diplomatic background work."
She let a beat pass.
"And then, we're of course going to amuse ourselves while being here.", she added, "There was talk about watching a play during our time here and I am sure, that we'll do the tourist thing as well."
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:[spoiler-

"No diffr'ent than watchin' the average joe flail themselves about an' runnin' about like school children." the barkeep would note, slowly refilling the glass "Enough booze or love, they become fools." he would note. "But ya havta dress a bit more proper in this sorta gig, but 'Is Majesty is known about us common folk."

Kyrenaia wrote:
Fara frowned for a short moment - if one asked her, there wasn't any better whiskey in the world then Selkie-Whiskey, except one was talking about Headache Water, but if there wasn't anything here...
"Something local, then, please.", she said and gave the barkeeper a short smile. "Let's see what you got!"
She figured, if she was going to date that man's King, she might as well try the whiskeys his land produced. There were certainly worse ways to spend the evening.

"Excellent!", the Grand Vizier said with a smile, noting, how Karim looked at Rikku. "And if I know the Young Prince well enough, he might be the one asking you for a dance, Young Lady."
Karim nodded, blushing.

"Right, a bit of Old Man's Still," he would bring forth "Mind you it's not me own old man's, but th' name of the company." he would chuckle and explain. "Would Yer Ladyship prefer single pot still, or single malt?"

Rikku would smirk. "Well sir! I didn't think it'd be prudent to whisk the young boy off on the dance floor so easily...but if he be so insistent and persistent..." she giggled. "But what of Princess Dish-am-illah? Would the establishment also be to her liking? As your guide, I want to be sure all parties are having a wonderful time."
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Danceria wrote:"Right, a bit of Old Man's Still," he would bring forth "Mind you it's not me own old man's, but th' name of the company." he would chuckle and explain. "Would Yer Ladyship prefer single pot still, or single malt?"

Rikku would smirk. "Well sir! I didn't think it'd be prudent to whisk the young boy off on the dance floor so easily...but if he be so insistent and persistent..." she giggled. "But what of Princess Dish-am-illah? Would the establishment also be to her liking? As your guide, I want to be sure all parties are having a wonderful time."

Fara snorted lightly in amusement at the joke.
"A single malt, please.", she requested, a small smile gracing her lips, "The evening is young and judging by the clattering I believe I hear under your bar, there is a lot of whiskeys to go through. A shame that we don't have Aurelia with us... Princess Aurelia bint-Damir, that is." She smiled. "A good girl, despite what some people believe."

Karim shrugged lightly at the 'young boy', mainly because he was enjoying dancing with Rikku. One of the very few pretty women he could talk to.
And the more time they spent together, the more he began to love talking with her.
"Dschamilla.", he corrected gently, smiling "Princess Dschamilla bint-Fadi, with full name. To answer your question, if I know my elder sister right, I would say, that she'd enjoy the Fox Paw. As would Fara." He let a beat pass. "Most likely due to totally differing reasonings, come to think of it."
Al-Zahir nodded at that. "That can be very true.", he agreed.
RPing in MT and PT.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:
Danceria wrote:"Right, a bit of Old Man's Still," he would bring forth "Mind you it's not me own old man's, but th' name of the company." he would chuckle and explain. "Would Yer Ladyship prefer single pot still, or single malt?"

Fara snorted lightly in amusement at the joke.
"A single malt, please.", she requested, a small smile gracing her lips, "The evening is young and judging by the clattering I believe I hear under your bar, there is a lot of whiskeys to go through. A shame that we don't have Aurelia with us... Princess Aurelia bint-Damir, that is." She smiled. "A good girl, despite what some people believe."

Karim shrugged lightly at the 'young boy', mainly because he was enjoying dancing with Rikku. One of the very few pretty women he could talk to.
And the more time they spent together, the more he began to love talking with her.
"Dschamilla.", he corrected gently, smiling "Princess Dschamilla bint-Fadi, with full name. To answer your question, if I know my elder sister right, I would say, that she'd enjoy the Fox Paw. As would Fara." He let a beat pass. "Most likely due to totally differing reasonings, come to think of it."
Al-Zahir nodded at that. "That can be very true.", he agreed.

The barkeep would pour the orange-brown liquid into the appropriate glass, and would smile. "There is indeed a bit of whisky and other spirits under here...from ales to brandies, lakkas and vadkas but the company here prefer to drink light for the talks later." the barkeep would note. "Though Aurelia be a name that has been chatted about Yggdrasilia lately...for a variety of reasons." he added ominously. "Aceus probably wants to put his cousin in his place, or she in her's, or maybe she's been in Sol Invictus where she decked the chins of damn near everyone in three pubs." the barkeep would chuckle. "So much has been bloody said of ye Kyrenaians I dunno which is true or nah, beggin' Yer Ladyship's pardon."

"Oh?" Rikku smiled "Though the Princess bint-Fadi is quite the mysterious woman, all things considered. She's seen so often yet..." she paused "Ah, forgive me, I ramble whenever I think I'm onto something about people. It's not my place to claim I know the minds of Princes and Princesses..."
Obligatory Quotes below

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:07 pm

Danceria wrote:"No diffr'ent than watchin' the average joe flail themselves about an' runnin' about like school children." the barkeep would note, slowly refilling the glass "Enough booze or love, they become fools." he would note. "But ya havta dress a bit more proper in this sorta gig, but 'Is Majesty is known about us common folk."

"I suppose he is, and me in mine." he sipped his glass this time, not wanting to over-do it so early. "Well, when you are the leader of your nation, a certain decorum is needed. You can't act like a dove-headed, courtyard fool at these events, there is a reason 'regal' is an adjective." he sighed and looked at his glass, "Is this the strongest you have?" it took a while for him to notice Fara sitting nearby, waving to her "Hey, you're Kyrenaian right? Have a seat here."

Kyrenaia wrote:Dschamilla, having taken a sip from her glass, let a beat pass.
"Well, we're going to spent a few days in Danceria, the Grand Vizier doing important diplomatic business, to which either I or Fara will accompany him, mainly due to both of us being groomed for the future and because he needs and aide.", Dschamilla explained, "Depending on how that goes, and who goes with him, we will have to write reports and evaluations, while the rest does the diplomatic background work."
She let a beat pass.
"And then, we're of course going to amuse ourselves while being here.", she added, "There was talk about watching a play during our time here and I am sure, that we'll do the tourist thing as well."

"That sounds interesting. I don't know what we will do yet, but I'm sure a play would be nice." she gulped the rest of her wine, wincing at the amount of alcohol. "So, uh, I should leave you alone with that prince. I might be intruding on your time. "Hasta luego, Arabessa, ojalá." she did a small curtsy and walked away, attempting to find Cleone
Last edited by Lux Pulchrae on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:07 am

Danceria wrote:The barkeep would pour the orange-brown liquid into the appropriate glass, and would smile. "There is indeed a bit of whisky and other spirits under here...from ales to brandies, lakkas and vadkas but the company here prefer to drink light for the talks later." the barkeep would note. "Though Aurelia be a name that has been chatted about Yggdrasilia lately...for a variety of reasons." he added ominously. "Aceus probably wants to put his cousin in his place, or she in her's, or maybe she's been in Sol Invictus where she decked the chins of damn near everyone in three pubs." the barkeep would chuckle. "So much has been bloody said of ye Kyrenaians I dunno which is true or nah, beggin' Yer Ladyship's pardon."

"Oh?" Rikku smiled "Though the Princess bint-Fadi is quite the mysterious woman, all things considered. She's seen so often yet..." she paused "Ah, forgive me, I ramble whenever I think I'm onto something about people. It's not my place to claim I know the minds of Princes and Princesses..."

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Danceria wrote:"No diffr'ent than watchin' the average joe flail themselves about an' runnin' about like school children." the barkeep would note, slowly refilling the glass "Enough booze or love, they become fools." he would note. "But ya havta dress a bit more proper in this sorta gig, but 'Is Majesty is known about us common folk."

"I suppose he is, and me in mine." he sipped his glass this time, not wanting to over-do it so early. "Well, when you are the leader of your nation, a certain decorum is needed. You can't act like a dove-headed, courtyard fool at these events, there is a reason 'regal' is an adjective." he sighed and looked at his glass, "Is this the strongest you have?" it took a while for him to notice Fara sitting nearby, waving to her "Hey, you're Kyrenaian right? Have a seat here."

Kyrenaia wrote:Dschamilla, having taken a sip from her glass, let a beat pass.
She let a beat pass.

"That sounds interesting. I don't know what we will do yet, but I'm sure a play would be nice." she gulped the rest of her wine, wincing at the amount of alcohol. "So, uh, I should leave you alone with that prince. I might be intruding on your time. "Hasta luego, Arabessa, ojalá." she did a small curtsy and walked away, attempting to find Cleone

Fara took the glass, but before she did anything with it, she spoke: "Thank you, good Sir... but you don't need to apologize every other sentence. I'll make it known, if a comment irritates me or not."
Then, she smelled the whiskey, finding it...
"...nice smell, that's a good start.", she said and smiled, then took a careful sip. She nodded after a moment. "Interesting. Different from Selkie Single Malt, yet slightly similar. You spice it, instead of leaving it as it is, right?"
She let a beat pass, wanted to ask, what there was said about her countrymen, but then, Cleone called her over to himself.
Fara looked at him, turned back to the barkeeper and said: "Well, it was nice talking to you. See ya - to talk shop about whiskey!", she said with a grin and then rose up, walking over to Cleone without a hurry.
She smiled, bemusedly.
"I indeed am Kyrenaian, King Cleone.", she said and sat on the stool next to him, "Princess Fara bint-Dardan, of the Ilkhanate of Megido. So... what made you flag me down like I was some sort of waitress?"

"Oh, no, Miss Albed, please, do continue.", al-Zahir spoke with kindness in his voice, "We encourage the free exchange of thought back home and I don't see any reason to stop that now. Quite on the contrary."
Karim nodded, in all honesty a bit curious. The mystique of his sister despite her many public appearances did not pass him and he was curious to learn what Rikku thought about his sister.

Lux Pulchrae wrote:"That sounds interesting. I don't know what we will do yet, but I'm sure a play would be nice." she gulped the rest of her wine, wincing at the amount of alcohol. "So, uh, I should leave you alone with that prince. I might be intruding on your time. "Hasta luego, Arabessa, ojalá." she did a small curtsy and walked away, attempting to find Cleone

Dschamilla smiled, bowing her head in return.
"May the winds carry us together again under the Lioness' Loving Gaze.", she spoke a very formal phrase of saying goodbye, smiling as she did so. Lourdes did not particularly intrude upon their time together, this was a social event and not a date, so Dschamilla didn't mind. While she took a sip of her own wine, she contemplated the meeting and the information she had received... it was very interesting, to say the least.
"And good luck.", she added under her breath.
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:53 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:
Fara took the glass, but before she did anything with it, she spoke: "Thank you, good Sir... but you don't need to apologize every other sentence. I'll make it known, if a comment irritates me or not."
Then, she smelled the whiskey, finding it...
"...nice smell, that's a good start.", she said and smiled, then took a careful sip. She nodded after a moment. "Interesting. Different from Selkie Single Malt, yet slightly similar. You spice it, instead of leaving it as it is, right?"
She let a beat pass, wanted to ask, what there was said about her countrymen, but then, Cleone called her over to himself.
Fara looked at him, turned back to the barkeeper and said: "Well, it was nice talking to you. See ya - to talk shop about whiskey!", she said with a grin and then rose up, walking over to Cleone without a hurry.
She smiled, bemusedly.
"I indeed am Kyrenaian, King Cleone.", she said and sat on the stool next to him, "Princess Fara bint-Dardan, of the Ilkhanate of Megido. So... what made you flag me down like I was some sort of waitress?"

“Are you not?” he finished his glass off. Ever so slowly he felt a numbing feeling start to develop “Sorry, pleasure to meet you princess. I didn’t know your name so that’s why I just waved to you. I saw you with the others earlier today. I was chatting a bit with the princess Dschamilla. You related?”

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:58 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:“Are you not?” he finished his glass off. Ever so slowly he felt a numbing feeling start to develop “Sorry, pleasure to meet you princess. I didn’t know your name so that’s why I just waved to you. I saw you with the others earlier today. I was chatting a bit with the princess Dschamilla. You related?”

Fara gave a small smile, which said, that she accepted his apology.
"No, we are not. At least not immediately.", she said and settled down. She thought, that he looked a lot like someone, who wanted to drink and to forget, not much more. What he wanted to forget... what did Dschamilla do to this poor man? she wondered. "There's a shared ancestor a few centuries back, but that's about it. I do know her, though, for a long time now." She let a beat pass, leaning over. "To my knowledge, she is interested in you."
RPing in MT and PT.

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Kyrenaia wrote:Fara gave a small smile, which said, that she accepted his apology.
"No, we are not. At least not immediately.", she said and settled down. She thought, that he looked a lot like someone, who wanted to drink and to forget, not much more. What he wanted to forget... what did Dschamilla do to this poor man? she wondered. "There's a shared ancestor a few centuries back, but that's about it. I do know her, though, for a long time now." She let a beat pass, leaning over. "To my knowledge, she is interested in you."

"Might as well have said no when I asked, if it goes back that far." he finished his glass a fourth time and asked for yet another refill. The numbing sensation was getting stronger but he wasn't trying to get drunk, just tipsy, drunkenness would be a sin. His attention returned to Fara again "And yes, I am told Dschamilla is interested in me. I think she's caught up somewhere else with my cousin and some prince from somewhere." he moved his head around in search of Lourdes but didn't catch a sight. "So I see you have caught something with that Aceus fellow. He seems, alright. But not as kingly as he should be." Cleone turned his head to the bar, knocking three times "Lord forgive me for insulting a king in his own home." he chuckled.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:32 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Kyrenaia wrote:Fara gave a small smile, which said, that she accepted his apology.

"Might as well have said no when I asked, if it goes back that far." he finished his glass a fourth time and asked for yet another refill. The numbing sensation was getting stronger but he wasn't trying to get drunk, just tipsy, drunkenness would be a sin. His attention returned to Fara again "And yes, I am told Dschamilla is interested in me. I think she's caught up somewhere else with my cousin and some prince from somewhere." he moved his head around in search of Lourdes but didn't catch a sight. "So I see you have caught something with that Aceus fellow. He seems, alright. But not as kingly as he should be." Cleone turned his head to the bar, knocking three times "Lord forgive me for insulting a king in his own home." he chuckled.

The knocking would be answered with a glass of water, spritzed with some lemon, and the bartender snickering. "Yeah...Ace ain't much fer extravagance. If he can't impress 'em with words or deeds, they ain't worth his time. Tha's just 'ow most Dancerians roll." the barkeep would note. " 'E grew up as a diplomat, so tha's just what he does. 'E'd rather spend the night shootin' the breeze with the common worker ta' figure out how laws are affectin' the Kingdoms rather than listen to some aristocrat's drama or gossip. 'E and Chancellor Villiers are both like tha'." he would smile fondly. "Aceus ain't much of a king, but he's a damn fine leader...an' not a slouch when it comes ta' debates neither."
Obligatory Quotes below

Kyrenaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:10 am

Danceria wrote:
Lux Pulchrae wrote:

The knocking would be answered with a glass of water, spritzed with some lemon, and the bartender snickering. "Yeah...Ace ain't much fer extravagance. If he can't impress 'em with words or deeds, they ain't worth his time. Tha's just 'ow most Dancerians roll." the barkeep would note. " 'E grew up as a diplomat, so tha's just what he does. 'E'd rather spend the night shootin' the breeze with the common worker ta' figure out how laws are affectin' the Kingdoms rather than listen to some aristocrat's drama or gossip. 'E and Chancellor Villiers are both like tha'." he would smile fondly. "Aceus ain't much of a king, but he's a damn fine leader...an' not a slouch when it comes ta' debates neither."

Fara listened to both of them, the barkeeper and the King of Lux Pulchrae, and was quite sure, that her boyfriend would have a bit of a problem within Kyrenaia, where protocol and manners, as well as wisdom, were everything.
Words, if they were not wise, meant little, especially from someone, who was frequently called 'a little upstart' in Kyrenaian Yellow Press. Deeds... it depended on the deed.
'Shooting the breeze with a common worker' to work out how laws were affecting the people, as the barkeeper had phrased it, was not something, what Ilkhans, Sultans or anyone else in power did. If there was a complaint, that was, what the Court of Complaint was for (usually, for example, held thrice a week in the Azure Hall, on special occasions more then thrice).
And usually, the Sultana listened very closely, for the perspectives brought to her were valuable additions to the perspectives she got from her own sources. Debating was an art form in Kyrenaia.
She nursed her drink to see, how the conversation would develop and what she might learn from it.
RPing in MT and PT.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents