NATION

PASSWORD

Patria Delenda Est (OOC | TWI ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:13 pm

Noronica wrote:New post!

I'm hoping to accurately display the dichotomy between Tytus/Joshua and Trystan, as the first two are old politicians fighting the war through old conventional means while Trystan brings a modern outlook. Including a youngish character in one of the sides provides an interesting way of handling this. Also, it this allowed me to take inspiration from the Cambridge Analytica scandal in the UK where a company targeted people on the internet through the aggressive use of political ads. I also could not resist alluding to those ever-controversial Russian bots by introducing Noronnican ones! :P

I have also updated on Arván, hopefully conveying the fear that those staying behind are feeling with the Dormill-Stiuraians on their tail.

viewtopic.php?p=35164493#p35164493

Awesome post my man! I’ll have a post up tomorrow when I’m free from work or Monday.

I actually hadn’t originally considered the (dis)information side of this war. That’ll be a fun side to play as things progress; expect the Bureau to get involved on the “General Distrust” and “Support the Government” side as well.
The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
Liberty, Justice, Democracy
Join The Western Isles and chart your own path!
"Interacting with Dormill and Stiura; violently." -Balnik, 2021
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Wellsia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Wellsia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:22 pm

The Sar Sarani, as a Dunhade, the former Overlordship dynasty, is upset at both sides for leading Noronica into the third civil war in his life time. The interference of other nations will be anger him even more. But when push comes to shove Wellsia will be more inclined to support Tytus, since he overthrew those that cast out the Dunhade family

Wellsia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Wellsia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:59 am

Is there a Wellsian embassy in Courlaroux and Nolan.

Thuzbekistan
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thuzbekistan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:54 am

Ah my first "relaxation day" in a while. time to read.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:31 am

Wellsia wrote:Is there a Wellsian embassy in Courlaroux and Nolan.

It is assumed that there is a Wellsian embassy in Courlaroux
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Noronica
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noronica » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:49 am

Wellsia wrote:Is there a Wellsian embassy in Courlaroux and Nolan.

As Dorm said, I have the same policy of having everyone’s embassy unless I expressly throw diplomats out. Besides, why wouldn’t Noronica have one of its key allies and nation with colonial ties’ embassy? :P

Michigonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Michigonia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:39 pm

Any plans for Trystan's disinformation campaign? I was thinking about a data-dump/wikileaks style bombshell leaked to the Alland Press that could implicate Dorm, Mich, or any other allies of shady activities. Something politically damaging for the allies?

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:38 pm

Michigonia wrote:Any plans for Trystan's disinformation campaign? I was thinking about a data-dump/wikileaks style bombshell leaked to the Alland Press that could implicate Dorm, Mich, or any other allies of shady activities. Something politically damaging for the allies?

Hmmm, well for as advantageous as that sounds, I don’t think Trystan wants to compromise D&S given that he’s probably still operating on the idea that D&S is working with him even though they have “invaded” Arvàn.

That being said, I doubt any disinformation campaign with eschew from a conspiracy theory, and in this case it would be one surrounding a deal for D&S to annex Arvàn in full afterwards.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:14 am

Posted! Giving a mini-homage to wars of the past compared to the present, as in my mind this battle was always going to end in savagery. As it has been a few days since I last posted, I split this post into a 'then' and 'now', exploring the aftermath as well as the ending of the battle.

I'm going to keep Matthew alive as he would serve well to give accounts on the battle for the Overlord to use in his favour for propaganda. Expect a slightly edited version of the battle in the news soon! :P

Michigonia - in terms of the disinformation campaign, Dorm is right in a sense. Trystan is playing a very dangerous game as he is trapped in the palace as the Prime Minister wants to install him as the country's legitimate Overlord, but he is still his father's son and needs to hamper McIntosh's efforts. Seeing as Dormill and Stiura did enter into Arván, I do not think Trystan would be trusting them as his allies, but would have no option but to maintain a good working relationship with them so as to keep tensions low.

To be honest, his online campaign was designed like the Cambridge Analytica scandal, so it is more focused on influencing the population and others abroad via social media and other websites. However, if you wanted to add a leak angle to this part of the RP then I'd be happy to look into integrating it!

Wellsia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Wellsia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:28 pm

I had to laugh when I read Dormill and Stiura post. I was going to have my ambassador present a similar plan that would have Wellsia’s hidden support. Publicly Wellsia will still support Tytus and his followers. After speaking with your President in private, he will present your government with an ultimatum demanding the removal of Republican troops from Arvan.

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:11 pm

So I can’t necessarilly post as all I can say now is a one-liner of my agent. Maybe a brief conversation between the President and Trix but they’re already in the planning phases of this operation when Montague was contacted.

So what I need is just set-up going into the latter half of this crisis where the immediate threat has been subdued. I would also love to see other people than Noro and I post so I’d like to see other angles of this from other people.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Fireworks in Noronica! I plan for at least one more insurrection akin to this before the RP's conclusion sets in full-motion. Thanks Dormill and Wellsia, seeing your debates and diplomatic interactions surrounding this have been an exciting aspect to add to the RP.

That being said, plans for the endgame are setting in motion already, and it will be interesting to pull this all together!

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:35 pm

Alright, welcome to the endgame! There's going to be a lot happening and I think it would be useful to at least lay out what exactly I am going to be doing to start wrapping this up.

1. The Bureau puts the finishing touches on Operation Kottos, and start it as soon as it can.
  2. The operation will consist of 5 Joker's Deck agents and Prefect Montague being covertly shipped into Nolon City, where Montague will get himself on the inside of the coup against the Prime Minister and the Joker's Deck agents will start setting up a mission to assassinate McIntosh at some point either before or after the Overlord gets to him (I'm leaning on after, just to make things more fun, but that's ultimately up to what Noro thinks)
  3. With McIntosh dead, the plan will then have Montague assume control in his own coup resulting in putting a puppet of Dormill and Stiura on the throne.
  4. This part of the plan will wind up only partly successful as though the coup is successful, nobody remembered to account fro Prince Trystan, who ascends to power.
  5. Optional: In order to cover their tracks (since the Bureau well knows how untrustworthy Montague is), the Bureau directs Ambassador Luther Van Buggenum, who is already on good terms with the Prince, somehow manages to convince Trystan that killing the conspirators that killed his father is retribution enough, no trial or interrogation necessary.
  6. So in the end, McIntosh and Montague are dead. With loose ends leading to Dormill and Stiura cut up, President Dyson and Prince Trystan establish a new positive relationship between their nations.
Last edited by Dormill and Stiura on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:09 pm

To the people watching the thread and Dormill/Wellsia: I am currently stuck about when to write the last few posts/ending.

I have two options: firstly, I could drag out the ending with one final battle which would be cut short by plans that are being set in place, or, I could have battleplans cut very short to initiate the ending posts.

My mind is running amok with new ideas, but knowing me I could burn out before writing the ending wasting my time on other posts. Would it be wrong to begin the endgame right now, or would you be happy to have it happen?

Malagwi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Malagwi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:09 pm

Following for reference, story ties.
The Golden Savannah of Malagwi
Proud nation of The Western Isles
'God Unites Us All'

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:46 pm

I'll have a new post tomorrow!

This next post will be a bit of a jump, (which fits perfectly with having one day out) but only so far that all characters will be in the city to enact the final stages of the RP!

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:06 am

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35320314#p35320314

Here is the ending of the main story!

I liked writing the post, but it seems that his character has surpassed what I had originally planned in terms of his own plans for the future, and his eagerness maybe just a little. Trystan may have taken the idea of succession a little too seriously. :P

Also, in the post, it makes reference to the Nyssic phrase coined by Trystan's close friend, 'Adh Dutchaichn Realas', which is supposed to be a continuation of the RP's title. 'The Country Must Be Destroyed' to 'A Nation/Country Reborn'.

Dormill and Stiura, should we RP the meeting between President Dyson and Trystan to officially split Arván? I think I might overhaul the Arván map anyway, but it would be good to draw the division line properly and discuss the terms of the split, (movement of goods, people, military presence, etc.) via telegram first then RP it?
Last edited by Noronica on Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents