NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Tide [OOC|[P]MT-FaNT|Open|Gholgoth]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

The Black Tide [OOC|[P]MT-FaNT|Open|Gholgoth]

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:53 pm

The Black Tide
The Orcs are coming...

Between the northernmost reaches of the region of Gholgoth and the Arctic shelf lies the Northern Wastes, a hostile environment which serves as home to deadly creatures such as the Dire Bear and the Gothic Mammoth, as well as both human and proto-human groups who fled from the advance of Gothic civilisation. In the darkest corners of this unforgiving land, however, horrid creatures and daemons from your deepest nightmares lay low and wait patiently for the perfect chance to strike. One such creature is the Orc, known simply as the "Vulgar" to some, who while humanoid in appearance are actually nothing more than a corruption of man's flesh to the benefit of whatever dark force twisted them.

Throughout most of recorded history these violent creatures are disunited and fight amongst themselves, their highest activity coming at the advent of winter when they use the expanded ice shelves and cover of violent snow storms to raid and terrorise the human populations in order to expand their own. This has led the
Gothic Regional Alliance to maintain a constant monitoring of the Orcish bands, and at the start of the winter months to institute a cull in order to control their population and limit their expansion. However, with the Alliance currently still trying to get back on its feet and meteorologists predicting a winter in the next few years of Fimbulwinter-like proportions, the risk of the Orcs expanding and uniting into a Horde under the leadership of a deadly Warchief grows ever greater.

Will the Goths be able to stop them?

So yeah, for those of you who weren't on the Discord when this conversation was had, we found out through digging through old Jolt posts that it was canon that Orcs are roaming around up North, and since I have an itch to do some more FaNT-type stuff, I was like "I like the sound of bashing in some Orc skulls", so this is a thread for Goths to register their interest and put forward their own thinking as to how we want to go about engaging in this story and mixing (Post)Modern Technology with Fantasy Technology and creatures, as well as key characters we want to feature etc.

Some things we need to decide include:
  • What's an Orc? - Warhammer Ork Boyz? Tolkein's Uruk-hai? D&D's Orcs? A combination of all of them, perhaps. There's been no hard decision on this as of yet, and my personal preference is to pay homage to a lot of them, but we should probably come up with a common theme that we're all open to.
  • "You have my SMG." "...and my AXE!" - Some of us want to stick to [P]MT technology, while some of us want to throw in with cold steel and magic, and some want to do both. So we need to figure out how to balance that so we can all have fun and engage in the story. Also, if we're going to use magic, do we want to set any limits on its use or not?
  • When, and Where? Pretty straight forward one really, but important. I was personally thinking of the main arc of this idea taking place after the next Kraven War, but we could start planting the seeds in roleplays like Chains.

Update 14/08: After a discussion amongst region members, while we weren't originally planning for outside involvement, we're welcome to outsiders taking part as long as they're willing to take part through characters primarily. Drop a post down below and let us know what you're thinking, and we can work something out!

Update 19/08: New, updated OP in the works. I (Kylarnatia) will likely be busy with RL affairs until after the 8th September at the latest, so it's unlikely anything new will be up before then.

There's probably a lot more as well, so do raise it if I've forgotten. Also, just to reiterate (though it should already be known): Nobody in Gholgoth or elsewhere will have to recognise these Orcs as canon if it doesn't suit them. One of the reasons this is all set in an "uninhabited" part of the region is that it's fairly self-contained, and therefore you can completely ignore this canonically should you so wish. This is all primarily for fun, first and foremost, so lets just have some fun by hunting some Orc!
Last edited by Kylarnatia on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:15 pm

So is this the development thread, statement of interest thread, or what?

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:42 am

Telros wrote:So is this the development thread, statement of interest thread, or what?

This is a thread for us to dump ideas on what to do, share ideas on how we want to get involved in the story, who our key characters will be etc.
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!

Divine Great Viet
Secretary

Founded: Jul 01, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Divine Great Viet » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:45 am

Tag this topic for now. I am interest in this and want to share some opinions however it's very late now so i have to rest. I will return tomorrow.

Cheer.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:51 am

Can I participate with my holdings (Velstrania) which I believe ICly were somewhere in Varathron before said region imploded?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:57 pm

Divine Great Viet wrote:Tag this topic for now. I am interest in this and want to share some opinions however it's very late now so i have to rest. I will return tomorrow.

Cheer.

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Can I participate with my holdings (Velstrania) which I believe ICly were somewhere in Varathron before said region imploded?

We weren't initially intending on outsider involvement because this roleplay is going to be set in the very far North of Gholgoth. However, we're totally down for you guys taking part so long as we can figure out why you're involved: my thinking was maybe you have some characters who serve as auxiliaries in Gothic forces (such as Auxilia in the Caesar's Imperial Armed Forces) who've been drafted into the effort against the Orcs?

What do you guys think?

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Kylarnatia wrote:
Divine Great Viet wrote:Tag this topic for now. I am interest in this and want to share some opinions however it's very late now so i have to rest. I will return tomorrow.

Cheer.

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Can I participate with my holdings (Velstrania) which I believe ICly were somewhere in Varathron before said region imploded?

We weren't initially intending on outsider involvement because this roleplay is going to be set in the very far North of Gholgoth. However, we're totally down for you guys taking part so long as we can figure out why you're involved: my thinking was maybe you have some characters who serve as auxiliaries in Gothic forces (such as Auxilia in the Caesar's Imperial Armed Forces) who've been drafted into the effort against the Orcs?

What do you guys think?

Velsturmen are effectively ruled by their religion, and the rather odd things it teaches them, especially the unending war principal.
This principal effectively creates in the Velsturman collective psyche, engrained in every child by parents, schools and priests, some very bizarre things. Chief amongst them is that their exists, as a counterpoint to their deity an entity known as 'the tyrant:' this entity creates false humans and infects others, and the end goal of the tyrant is the destruction of free will and free life over the planet.
Velsturmen and their various militaries, paramilitary groups and mercenary forces will be glad to jump into battles if it can be shown to them that what they are fighting is the tyrant or one of his 'manifestations:' the average Velsturman is decidedly gullible to those in authority on the whole. For this reason, if you, or even the orcs (or colaborators?) hire a velsturman mercenary organisation you are liable to get a very dedecated group of people, and quite possibly (dependant on where you wish this to go) far more of them than the entity in question bargained for.

Note also that, I imagine (although I haven't worked this out with anybody yet), that a nation which is constantly fighting the 'tyrant' and exists to the south of Gholgoth has had a rather...unfriendly relationship with some of the regions inhabitants. Expect chips to be firmly on shoulders.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Prussian Polish Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:14 pm

I assume that this is closed to outsiders.
Still, I'm interested. If it is open to outsiders, send me a TG minute it starts.
Current leader is Kaiser King Crassus von Hohenzollern
Das Gemeinwesen des Königreichs Preußen, das Königreich Polen und das Großherzogtum Litauen

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program
A Level 12 civilization, according to this index.

Time: January 2016
NEWS
Prussia-Poland exits EU////Sejm grants Kingdom of Bavaria shared autonomy in Danzig///Royal Bavarian Navy set to expand///German 'No Borders' activists hold rally near border crossing, breach fence before broken up with cavalry charge///5000 Christian refugees taken in

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Prussian Polish Commonwealth wrote:I assume that this is closed to outsiders.
Still, I'm interested. If it is open to outsiders, send me a TG minute it starts.

It was originally intended to be, though since there has been outside interest we're open to it, so long as we can figure out how you'll get involved (probably on a character-level, if that's okay with you). I'll make it more clear in the title/OP that we're open to outsider contribution / involvement.

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Velsturmen are effectively ruled by their religion, and the rather odd things it teaches them, especially the unending war principal.
This principal effectively creates in the Velsturman collective psyche, engrained in every child by parents, schools and priests, some very bizarre things. Chief amongst them is that their exists, as a counterpoint to their deity an entity known as 'the tyrant:' this entity creates false humans and infects others, and the end goal of the tyrant is the destruction of free will and free life over the planet.
Velsturmen and their various militaries, paramilitary groups and mercenary forces will be glad to jump into battles if it can be shown to them that what they are fighting is the tyrant or one of his 'manifestations:' the average Velsturman is decidedly gullible to those in authority on the whole. For this reason, if you, or even the orcs (or colaborators?) hire a velsturman mercenary organisation you are liable to get a very dedecated group of people, and quite possibly (dependant on where you wish this to go) far more of them than the entity in question bargained for.

Note also that, I imagine (although I haven't worked this out with anybody yet), that a nation which is constantly fighting the 'tyrant' and exists to the south of Gholgoth has had a rather...unfriendly relationship with some of the regions inhabitants. Expect chips to be firmly on shoulders.

I'd be down to say some Velsturmen serve in the Auxilia of the Caesar's Imperial Armed Forces, probably enticed by the prospect of fighting some Orcs. How does a battalion's worth, focusing on key characters throughout the story, since this roleplay is intended to be a bit more character-orientated.
Last edited by Kylarnatia on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:38 pm

Kylarnatia wrote:
Prussian Polish Commonwealth wrote:I assume that this is closed to outsiders.

It was originally intended to be, though since there has been outside interest we're open to it, so long as we can figure out how you'll get involved (probably on a character-level, if that's okay with you). I'll make it more clear in the title/OP that we're open to outsider contribution / involvement.

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Velsturmen are effectively ruled by their religion, and the rather odd things it teaches them, especially the unending war principal.

I'd be down to say some Velsturmen serve in the Auxilia of the Caesar's Imperial Armed Forces, probably enticed by the prospect of fighting some Orcs. How does a battalion's worth, focusing on key characters throughout the story, since this roleplay is intended to be a bit more character-orientated.

Character-based rps aren't really what I'm best at, and I've not rped much in the last few years (anything anyone could be proud of anyway), but I'm down for it.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Character-based rps aren't really what I'm best at, and I've not rped much in the last few years (anything anyone could be proud of anyway), but I'm down for it.

Not a problem! We can work with that. :)

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:25 pm

I'm just saying, if I do join it'll be with characters that are armed primarily only with firearms(combat knives and ceremonial sabres/cutlasses aside).The one(or two) exception(s) will be the mandatory hussar(s)(Whether winged or death's head remains to be answered.)

Also, what can I expect as regards to post length? I can do a paragraph at least, 2-3 if there's enough time and material to work with, but don't expect me to write essays.
Last edited by Prussian Polish Commonwealth on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Das Gemeinwesen des Königreichs Preußen, das Königreich Polen und das Großherzogtum Litauen

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program

NEWS
Prussia-Poland exits EU////Sejm grants Kingdom of Bavaria shared autonomy in Danzig///Royal Bavarian Navy set to expand///German 'No Borders' activists hold rally near border crossing, breach fence before broken up with cavalry charge///5000 Christian refugees taken in

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Prussian Polish Commonwealth wrote:Also, what can I expect as regards to post length? I can do a paragraph at least, 2-3 if there's enough time and material to work with, but don't expect me to write essays.

Quality =/= Quantity. You write as much as you feel is necessary, but there's no need to rush your posts either. We Goths usually like to take our time with posting. We also enjoy writing collaborative posts through Google Docs when appropriate.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:37 pm

Kylarnatia wrote:
Prussian Polish Commonwealth wrote:Also, what can I expect as regards to post length? I can do a paragraph at least, 2-3 if there's enough time and material to work with, but don't expect me to write essays.

Quality =/= Quantity. You write as much as you feel is necessary, but there's no need to rush your posts either. We Goths usually like to take our time with posting. We also enjoy writing collaborative posts through Google Docs when appropriate.

aight

on a side note rip my idea of using this to cement my leader's bid for the title of German Emperor, thereby officially recreating the Deutsches Kaiserreich
Last edited by Prussian Polish Commonwealth on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program

NEWS

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:46 pm

Alright, now for actual contribution.

So tl;dr: Orks are starting to get their shit together, and if we don't kill a whole shitton of them they're going to pull a Genghis Khan and start to steamroll everyone, correct?

So what's the objective here? Just simple survival? Killing an Ork chief who's being a little to successful in uniting the ork tribes?
Last edited by Prussian Polish Commonwealth on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program

NEWS

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Prussian Polish Commonwealth wrote:Alright, now for actual contribution.

So tl;dr: Orks are starting to get their shit together, and if we don't kill a whole shitton of them they're going to pull a Genghis Khan and start to steamroll everyone, correct?

So what's the objective here? Just simple survival? Killing an Ork chief who's being a little to successful in uniting the ork tribes?

Yes, pretty much.

I think the end-goal of killing the Warchief who unites them is a suitable end-state, but I imagine people are going to want to develop sub-plots as well which will have their own objectives. I know there are a few Goths (including myself) typing up premises for their nations involvement right now, so once a few of them come up that might give you more of an idea of how you can get involved in the story.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Kylarnatia wrote:
Prussian Polish Commonwealth wrote:Alright, now for actual contribution.

Yes, pretty much.

I think the end-goal of killing the Warchief who unites them is a suitable end-state, but I imagine people are going to want to develop sub-plots as well which will have their own objectives. I know there are a few Goths (including myself) typing up premises for their nations involvement right now, so once a few of them come up that might give you more of an idea of how you can get involved in the story.

aight, will stay tuned.

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program

NEWS

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:42 pm

crashes in

Would it be a legal move for me to send in some characters from another universe. If yes, then I'll definitely see about participating in this, either with the two Parfuhmerian assassins of Si'ma Ka'ru & Akō Frollo (if someone is willing to pay) or the Psytrine Domeses Sousundowa Carême with their mobile restaurant.
Last edited by Shwe Tu Colony on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: university rules are just a suggestion
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:52 pm

For my part in this I'll be primarily RPing as the Imperial Vanguard Order of the Vulgar Cull, or Stroy Poshlyy Vybrakovka. The OVC/СПВ will is a Vanguard Order entirely dedicated to controlling the orc population in the Northern Wastes alongside allied forces from the other nation-states of the Gholgoth Regional Alliance.

Aldarminia's long-term strategy is to have the Order of the Vulgar Cull establish a series of igloo-forts and a system of ice-trenches that gradually envelopes areas inhabited by the Vulgar (Orcs). My tech is primarily gonna be PMT but I also plan on the Order having complementary "martial-penal" forces of the more-murderous thus officially dishonorably discharged troops from the Aldarminian military's ranks as well as Imperial criminal labor camps in general. Obviously, to keep these prisoner-soldiers from turning on their guard-superiors, they're outfitted with significantly "down-teched" equipment. We're talking anything from early 2000's MT-ish to even late 1800's PT. Some will have sabers, shashkas, and whatnot in place of rifles and such. There will also be one mythical, Aldarminian character present on the Northern Wastes with some of his motivations for culling the Vulgar, but he'll also be serving as a sort of "red herring" for signs and symptoms of what AldarFor will call "White Madness," similar to the eponymous phenomenon of the movie Pandorum.

Ultimately, Aldarminia's goal is to surround Vulgar settlements and stomping grounds, large and small, and "march, mush, and ski" inwards from Aldarminian lines to eradicate the orc populations there.

Besides all this lovely stuff, I do have some ideas for not only our central antagonist whose unfortunately only gone by "Warchief" up to now as well as three major orc groups.

Major Orc Groups
Tha Graet Trybz

Steemrollaz
...As their name implies, the Vulgar Tribe known as the Steemrollaz utilizes a mixture of magical/fantastical and technological inventions and improvisations to have functional steampunk technology. The active Steemrollaz clans and groupings document and observed are the most populous, at least in Aldarminia-overseen sectors of the Northern Wastes.

The Steemrollaz are notoriously barbaric and the ruling clan, the Snowsmokaz, often utilize dire bears affixed with steam-and-powder cannons to not only charge forward against foes, entrenched or not, "guns blazing" but also to maul and consume any enemy foolish enough to get in range of the beasts' claws and jaws. Another fiercesome weapon in the Steemrollaz arsenal has been "affectionately"-dubbed the "Lokomolotiv." This "glacially-straddling" train-of-sorts is often deployed along magically-frozen-and-precisely-carved rolls of bone-tracks to send forth several cadres of Vulgar towards enemy lines. The train itself has myriad cannons and guns as well as a series of molotov-slinging contraptions. The apparent leader of the Steemrollaz is known as Ovalord Yar Urbul, but sightings of him have been sparse in the recent months...

...think of the Steemrollaz as slightly magical and very steampunk-y Warhammer orcs.

Nookaz
...One of the smallest and yet most dangerous Vulgar Tribes is the Nookaz. The Nookaz have somehow managed to get their hands on large stockpiles of radiological weapons and even nuclear devices, and even more horrifyingly, have begun to learn to fashion more sophisticated weapons systems utilizing the necessary nuclear materials. While attempts to create missiles, which they call "dethstikz," have often had disastrous results (these results being the largest factor contributing to their tribe's small size), they have adapted overly-fatalistic and nihilistic tendencies that verge on the almost suicidal when it comes to using them. Often, they will launch dethstikz from the requisite "boomtoobz" (very primitive rocket-launching systems) to send the poorly-made missiles over very short ranges. Thankfully, the warheads are of minimum yield, but such devices are nonetheless worrisome for cull forces. The Nookaz, true to some of their martyr-like and even-messianic tendencies, also use suicide bombers carrying either explosive devices with small amounts of nuclear fission material or canisters designed to disperse invisible clouds of radioactive particles.

Despite such advanced higher-order means of combat, most Nookaz lack any sort of firearms entirely, and instead, they rely heavily on melee weapons fashioned from either the bones of large beasts or looted blade and blunt weapons left behind from over the centuries or captured from other foes, orc and human alike. Despite being a small group, they are one of the few to actively subsume lesser goblin and proto-human populations that do often equip themselves with either decades-obsolete or near-par automatic weapons. The leader, or "Kong," of the Nookaz, like the Steemrollaz', has remained unaccounted for in Order observation missions for some time. The whereabouts of Kong Rilug of the Radgang Clan are of extreme importance to many allied forces...

...think of the Nookaz as Super Mutants from Fallout but instead of mutants... well, ya know... they're orcs.

Burzurk-har
...Potentially the most concerning Vulgar Tribe is the Burzurk-har. One of the most populous as the often fluctuate to just below Steemrolla populations in Aldarminia's oversight sectors, the Burzurk-har are apparently as feared as a tribe can be among the orcs themselves. They are abnormally aggressive--even by orcish standards--to all patrols and observations parties that enter or even skirt their territory which makes documenting them particularly difficult.

Despite this, some very disturbing information about them has been gleaned. Although, they adamantly refuse to the point of shooting-on-sight to barter with humans, they do maintain friendly relations with a number of lesser-goblin, proto-human, and even other orcish groups. It is uncertain what sort if any rigidly-kratocratic clan structure exists in the Burzurk-har tribe's territories, but many have postulated that they do in fact maintain a sort of tribal constitutional monarchy. Reports from non-human intelligence sources able to enter the tribe's holdings have suggested too-oft-to-discount that the tribe has even the workings of a functional and even efficient bureaucracy. From the very few specimens that have been captured, it is almost certain that Burzurk-har populations are products of heavy concentrations of proto-human and Varsolan orc intermingling.

Unlike other orc tribes and clans, the Burzurk-har do not wage war as wantonly as originally believed of all Vulgar species, and from the limited number of either observed or participated hostile encounters with them, these particular orcs have a sophisticated sense of tactics and strategy outside of yrchotypical "charge forward; rip and tear; shoot and eat." This is probably what has brought them so much success alongside their unusual gift of advanced intellect. Unlike other orc war-parties, they have used the previous cull-cycles to expand their dominion over other clans and tribes and have also subsumed several non-orc groups such as the Frossthrall proto-human primitive civilization.

Shockingly, the Burzurk-har also field technology on-par with several Gothic states' militaries. What they lack in aerial craft, they certainly make up for in abundance of armored vehicles, artillery howitzers and mortars, and anti-air guns. This all to complement their legions of orcish and non-orcish infantry. The Burzurk-har's orcish infantrymen have modern firearms, but they do relegate the small auxiliary fodder forces to melee weapons or more-outdated guns. It is unknown if the Burzurk-har have managed to design, manufacture, and/or somehow capture any sort of weapons-of-mass-destruction, and currently all that can be to ensure they have not is being done, though to little certain avail. It is unknown exactly who or what leads such a formidable foe.

What is most discomforting on the eve of this upcoming cull cycle is what is being referred to the grunts of the cull forces and the brass ourselves here as the 'Bunker Incident.' The last attempt to patrol and observe orcish activities in the Burzurk-har territory was, as always, met with intense and nigh-immediate resistance. Order of the Vulgar Cull and punic troops were engaged in a firefight with Burzurk-har perimeter forces that numbered especially large. Whilst trying to flank these orcish soldiers, the Order unit discovered a well-defended bunker complex. Unable to retreat, OrdFor assaulted the bunker and captured it to hold there until a reinforced extraction convoy could reach their position. While the extraction was successful, casualties were high, but ultimately, the battle was both a strategic and tactical victory for allied cull forces because what was discovered could have possibly had dire consequences for us all had it gone unknown to us.

The bunker appears to be an attempt to construct a forward operating base and listening post with outdated signals intelligence and interception technology but also had some sort of high-echelon strategic planning function. Discovered in a well-fortified room were maps and documents that have now been deciphered to suggest that the Burzurk-har are familiar with most if not all of the region's states and their various affairs. Alongside this fact, it has become clear that the Burzurk-har understand the intelligence aspect of warfare enough to encrypt such materials, but we have deciphered the following nonetheless:

'Stratejik Operashin Plann Sikzda Sikz doshTree: Invashun o' Golgot und Eradikashun o' Hoomanidy'...

...think MT&PMT with PT/FanT fodder auxiliary Nazi and Imperial Germany Uruk-hai.

For the central antagonist, I'm thinking this "Warchief" should be the Burzurk-har's leader, their "Furakeyssar" known as Mauhur Ryk who is half-Varsolan orc half-not!Uruk-hai-orc. Pretty much, Mauhur wants to unite the orcish and use the other non-human groups inhabiting the Northern Wastes to conquer Gholgoth and annihilate the human species. Now, despite the obvious aesthetic influences denoting the Nazi/racist/genocial inclinations, I do want to ironically explore Mauhur's "not!humanity" at at least one point... or we could just leave it simple and make him a run of the mill flat big bad guy. Either way, let me know what you guys think.
This is FanT/PT/MT/PMT/Nightmare, you can find more Cajun Cossack Slavs IN SPACE! here:
Vrot Kaspara (Xenos included!!!)
First High Roller of the NationStates Future Tech Discord Server
Founder and Boss of the Losieda Bratva Criminal Syndicate
"I dated an Aldarminian once, but when he proposed 'annexing' my 'southern border regions' I decided it might be best to break it off."
Riflemoor

'This is Tanya Zaldano, live on the street... We've just received word that Aldar's next form will be... Yes, that's right... A New Orleans Street Band. That's right - it's a street band. Live from the Big Easy and already drinking, I'm Tanya Zaldano...'
Sunset

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Aldarminia wrote:snip

Intresting.
One request; have the Steemrollaz gift a steam-powered machine that looks suspiciously like an AV7 to the Burzurk-har.
Last edited by Prussian Polish Commonwealth on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program

NEWS

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Shwe Tu Colony wrote:crashes in

Would it be a legal move for me to send in some characters from another universe. If yes, then I'll definitely see about participating in this, either with the two Parfuhmerian assassins of Si'ma Ka'ru & Akō Frollo (if someone is willing to pay) or the Psytrine Domeses Sousundowa Carême with their mobile restaurant.

I'm sure we can work something out!

Aldarminia wrote:-snip-

Aldar and I have spoken about this over Discord, and he and I have agreed that these three factions will feature in the roleplay, but as some of the "smaller" (read: not small in terms of size) factions which are being controlled by the will of the Warchief, who commands more magical and horrible forces further within the Northern Wastes (thus those of us who want to fight with sword and magic can do so).

I'm currently working on a summary of the Warchief and the larger Orc hordes that are roaming around, as well as longer summaries of what has been established as the main goals etc. which I intend to post tomorrow (had hoped to do so tonight, but I got busy and it's getting late).

Divine Great Viet
Secretary

Founded: Jul 01, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Divine Great Viet » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:34 pm

It's seem I misread the thread's name, sorry.

Anyway this look promising. I'm still thinking about participate in this if I have times, maybe with a band of mercenaries or something like that with your allowance of course. If not then I would stay as observer :p

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Kylarnatia wrote:I'm sure we can work something out!

In that case, this is my plan. Suggest or deny what you wish:

1. Psytronius enters the roleplay's world through a portal somewhere near the front line, before any violence begins & in unowned/contested territory. They are found by the alliance against the orcs, after which there may or may not be first contact shenanigans too depending on if you guys want to — it is possible that there already has been multiversal contact from Psytronius, but I'll leave that to you & your other regionmates, Kylarnatia.

2. The Psytrines hear of the Orcish menace somehow, & elect to send in a Domeses or two to aid the Gothic Regional Alliance. Sousundowa Carême volunteers to go & travels with wherever the main group is, functioning as a cheaper, better kitchen staff that will use a combination of the one that the group will have & their own restaurant back in Psytronius (accessed by a portal) — the only payment Psytronius will expect will be a percent price for the ingredients. Being the Domeses of Food, Sousundowa's food & drink provides various benefits beyond just tasting good, such as teleportation, slowed time perception, temporary colorblindness, healing, & just about any effect that's convenient for the plot. Although they are not made for combat & will avoid it where possible, they will furiously defend whatever kitchen they are using.

A few notes:
Sousundowa has 31 different forms, each with a different specialty for cooking & personality. The main Doll body changes forms based on the emotions felt by those nearby, but Sousundowa can manifest all of them or some of them. In either case, Sousundowa's main Doll* body will always take the form of Immature Sweetness & will no longer change, whereas the others will be kept solid through magical means & will be empowered instead based on the emotions of those nearby. When multiple forms are present, they take damage distinct from one another & will be reabsorbed into the main Doll body if they take too much damage, after which they must take anywhere from two days to a day to recover (in the world of Psytronius, this would normally only take a few hours, but incompatible magical energy means that Sousundowa must use his own magical energy rather than absorbing it from nearby).

*Dolls are magical androids given sapience through the presence of a hermetically-bound soul inside of the vessel that will be difficult to remove. Although they have a mana battery where their heart would be, the total destruction of it is hardly worrying as they can still absorb magical energy from the nearby environment, although their actions & spellcasting will be greatly reduced in efficiency. If they are unable to absorb energy, Dolls will enter a torpor state where they will be unable to do anything. Like golems, Dolls do not feel the discomfort of pain & only detect it.

If Sousundowa's main Doll body takes enough damage, Psytronius will attempt to retrieve them via portal (they continually monitor their Domeses' damage), after which they will no longer be participating in this roleplay as the Psytrines will not want to risk them. After that, there may or may not be another Domeses joining. In the event Sousundowa or another Psytrine is captured, expect several other Psytrines & a Parfuhmerian assassin to attempt to rescue them.
Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: university rules are just a suggestion
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:18 am

bump

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program

NEWS

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:00 am

If people would like an incredibly dense and short-sighted nation with a belief that most nations wish to exterminate them to be the place, it turns out, to be the place where the orcs are getting their weaponry from, Velstrania could do that.

In addition if somebody wants to very firmly inform Velstrania that doing that is incredibly stupid (via military means) I'd also be down for that, it could be what makes the entire Haven finally descend into a civil war.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents