NATION

PASSWORD

The August Plan [ IC | CLOSED | AEIA ]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
AESYRiEL
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 01, 2018
New York Times Democracy

The August Plan [ IC | CLOSED | AEIA ]

Postby AESYRiEL » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:42 pm

"This marks a period of growth. A period in which Sükhbaatar will emerge as a power, a power to be reckoned with. No nation shall stand in the way of our glory, our development, our growth."
Yanjmaa Nemendeyen - Former Chancellor of the Presidium of the Great Khural - July 5th, 1974

Undisclosed City, Khürman Region, Sergelen District, Sükhbaatar
Independence Cell #12, Checkpoint 15
August 5th - 5:00 AM

"Cell #13, I hear you. This is Cell #12, we're preparing for our attack on a base here. Checkpoint 15 is still hidden from them, we're springing the trap three clicks away from the checkpoint, over."

"Copy that Cell #12. We're about to attack a small People's Guard checkpoint. This will help get the convoy to its destination."

"Affirmative Cell #13, we'll free up the military base over here and we'll be ready for the convoy."

Freedom Fighter Naranbaatar placed the radio down. The underground fabrication was small, but was easily concealed. Here, Sergelen Freedom Fighters congregated for the August Plan, almost ever week for six months since January. They fought through the biting cold and sweltering heat of the Sergelen, to plan, to congregate for the August Plan, the greatest plan to come to the Sergelens.

"So Naranbaatar, how much longer are we going to stall out? No doubt Cell #11 is waiting for us." a fellow freedom fighter, Khünbish, spoke.

"Patience Khünbish, we haven't heard any response from Cell #11, we don't know what's going on."

"If you say so Naranbaatar."

Naranbaatar and Khünbish walked out of the radio section of their small hovel, into the meeting place. Around them stood at least 20 Sergelens, all doing their own small things. These checkpoints not only served as places to plan the August Plan, but as places to cultivate Sergelen culture. Two Sergelen freedom fighters were in a corner painting out of their minds, while another was showing three other Sergelens how to string the morin khuur, a most fabled instrument. Others were singing, talking, smoking, the like. Naranbaatar had to wait for Cell #11's report on when they were springing their attack. Cell #12 was to act as reinforcements for Cell #11 for their attack, coming into play a bit later than Cell #11.

While Naranbaatar waited, he walked over to the two Sergelens painting, Turakina and Dayir. Turakina's painting appeared to be of a home on a cliffside, while Dayir painted a reproduction of a older painting known as Yerutömör, Khagan of the Sükhbaatar.

"So Turakina, Dayir, are you ready for this?" Naranbaatar asked. Turakina turned over to him, only nodding. Turakina was always silent like that. Dayir was also right behind here.

"Ah, Naranbaatar, a pleasure." Dayir said without turning from his painting. His attention was engrossed over completing it, and he was not one for small talk or mincing words.

"Turakina and I are ready for whatever the mongrels have to throw at us. I assume Call #11 is getting ready?" Dayir said.

"Cell #11 hasn't reported yet, but we're awaiting any sort of transmission." Naranbaatar responded.

"Very well." Dayir said. It was clear the conversation was over. Naranbaatar went over to a group of freedom fighters taking a smoke. Puffs of smokes and a couple of coughs were never out of the ordinary.

Four men and two women stood around lying on the wall, some sitting. Too much of a crowd for Naranbaatar to make small talk with. He moved on from that group, not making eye contact with them. They seemed tense.

He moved onto three people, including Khünbish crowding around the musician, Dologadai. Dologadai was teaching them a quick lesson on stringing the morin khuur, the most important instrument in all of the steppe, symbolizing unity between the peoples of Sükhbaatar and Sergelens, and their independent nations. Two other people, Mergen and Dagasi looked at Dologadai, intrigued at his expertise in the instrument.

Before Naranbaatar got a chance to talk to them, the radio picked up. The radio noise pierced the calm mood. The talk and atmosphere broke into silence. Naranbaatar walked over to the radio.

"Schhhzt....Schhhhzt....Hello? Cell #12? Cell #11 here, we're launching our attack on the base two and a half clicks away from the north. Do you copy?"

"Copy that Cell #11, we'll start mobilizing"

"Affirmative. Cell #11 out."

Naranbaatar grabbed his gun and walked over to the main area.

"Alright freedom fighters, the August Plan is going! We're heading out. Shut the lanterns off and grab your guns, we're going on the move. Remember our objectives,
secure the perimeter, and no prisoners. We're here to secure the convoy of stolen military supplies Cell #13 is coming in with 6 clicks south. Let's head out!"

Not a word of opposition was spoken. Turakina and Dayir placed their tools down on a makeshift bench, and kept the easels open, if they would ever return to their paintings. Dologadai placed his morin khuur inside his case, one he customized to appear like a painting of landscape. The sounds of guns cocking and people moving around filled the aid, before Naranbaatar left the checkpoint, outside of the exit. The last of the lanterns inside the checkpoint were extinguished, as the freedom fighters funneled out of the checkpoint. Naranbaatar counted. A meager 20 freedom fighters, but enough to take the base.

"Alright men, follow me!" Naranbaatar as he took lead, marching into the eastern Steppe

"The steppes of Sükhbaatar, from the mountains of the Gobi to the city of the Erdene will be the cornerstone of the republic, a republic of its own. A republic whose independence is unquestioned and threatened from Yidao warlords to Asuran colonialists."
Tögs-Ochiryn Byambasüren - Former Chancellor of the Presidium of the Great Khural - July 5th, 1959

Erdenedalai, Erdenedalai Region, Specially Administrated Eastern District, Sükhbaatar
Security Office, Erdenedalai International Airport
August 5th - 6:30 AM

The security office in the airport was silent. Seemed like another day out of the ordinary. Not a lot happening, just the usual. The airport staff was getting there. Office security was showing up early, and a single flight before the opening was scheduled. An Isolaprugan plane, one of the very few of its kind. Sükhbaataryn relations between themselves and any Vestric nation had been struggling.

The smell of hot coffee filled the air of the small office. The sound of coffee dripping into each ceramic mug was audible from even outside the office. Sukegei hung up his raincoat. The biting cold outside meant today called for a rainy day. Perfect for a boring shift at the airport.

"Morning Sukegei, want a cup of coffee? I got your mug here!" said Suyiketu, the most excitable person on the security team. He was always in a cheery mood, despite Sukegei's rather despondent mood. Suyiketu clanged both his and Sukegei's mug together, both of which were different. Suyiketu's cup was minimalist, just a plain white mug with a black stripe pattern running through it, while Sukegei's held an inspirational quote printed on it.

"You know what they say Suyiketu. Do not start if afraid, once begun do not be afraid. I have a feeling this day's going to be rather bland."

"Aw don't be a stick in the mud Sukegei! I'm sure that everything will perk up later!"

"If you say so Suyiketu."
Sukegei said, taking his mug. He went over to the office refrigerator, to get some creamer and sugar.

"Hmm...light cream, half and half...hey Suyiketu, what do you recommend?"

"I usually go for half and half for my mugs."
Suyiketu said before taking another sip of his coffee. Sukegei took a plastic spoon and poured some half and half, and took a sip. He visibly cringed from the taste. Even when drowned in sugar and creamer, he'd never be able to get past the bitterness.

"Your brother, Torganira called me. He and his wife are expecting soon. He didn't want you to find out." Suyiketu said, with a much more serious tone.

"Torganira shouldn't have left the Erdene for Dornod. Dornod was a stupid choice, nothing as lucrative as the Erdene. But if he's happy as a fishmonger with his fishwife."

"He's happy Sukegei, leave him be. Come on, our shift is start. Believe it or not we burned through 30 minutes talking about coffee and Torganira."

"Whatever."
Sukegei replied. The conversation was clearly over. He put on his uniform and walked out of the office, with Suyiketu gone from sight. The handheld transceiver started picking up some noise on his channel. He was quick to get it and press the button while walking down the empty airport halls.

"Officer Sukegei here." He replied into the transciever without a peep. A half a minute passed, full of just noise from his radio before it picked up the voice of the Adviser of Airport Security, Tagadhur.

"Officer Sukegei, please meet up with Officer Suyiketu and Officer Otichigin over at gate 109. Isolaprugna Flight 117 is approaching the tarmac."

"Affirmative, Officer Sukegei moving."
He placed the transciever back on his belt and moved out. Thoughts clouded his mind while he walked over to 109. Like, "Aren't Isolaprugnans just Asurans?" or "Why did Torganira become a fishmonger for her?" Hundreds of conflicting thoughts clouded his mind before soon enough he nearly passed gate 109.

The Isolaprugna plane began its descent, the metal plane aiming to have a solid landing on the tarmac. Suyiketu, Sukegei, and Otichigin all looked at the plane from the wide windows, able to see the entire landing. The plane seemed to almost gracefully landed on the tarmac.

Before Sukegei could back away from the window, an explosion tore through the hull of the plane, ripping the entire machine in half right on the tarmac. Sukegei and Suyiketu looked, stunned as the explosion continued consuming what remained of the plane, shredding through the metal. There was not a soul in sight.

Before Sukegei or Suyiteku could react, Sukegei felt the tip of a gun to his back. He looked behind him and saw Otichigin, holding a gun to his back with Officer Yurukhan keeping Suyiketu down.

"Come with us Sukegei. Don't struggle, and keep your mouth shut." Otichigin whispered into his ear, before turning him and pistol whipping Sukegei, knocking him out cold.
Last edited by AESYRiEL on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akannus Confederacy • Lanyan Alliance • Orassian Republic • League of Gerentinans • Grand Nerotan Republic • Sacred Yulvari Order
ⴀⴉⴀⴌⴓⴑⴈⴀ ⴉⴍⴌⴔⴄⴃⴄრⴀⴚⴈⴀ • 兰亚盟 • רפובליקת אוראסי • જેરેન્ટિના લીગ • Велика Неротан Республіка • የተቀደሰ ዩልቫሪ ትእዛዝ

AESYRiEL
Bureaucrat

New York Times Democracy

Postby AESYRiEL » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:04 am

Erdenedalai, Erdenedalai Region, Specially Administrated Eastern District, Sükhbaatar
Office of Regional Administration and Security
August 5th - 7:00 AM

"Good morning citizens of the Erdene! This is the News of the Erdene, brought to you by the Sükhbaataryn Government News Agency. I'm your local reporter, Arnal Oghul. Breaking news over at the Erdenedalai International Airport!

Several men and women have taken several security officers, air traffic controllers, and civilians hostage within the Airport. After a report of an Isolapurgnan plane being destroyed through unknown circumstances, several sources inside have reported of a hostage situation. The Regional Administrator has declared a state of emergency for the Region of Erdenedalai, Sükhbaataryn People's Guard, including the newly inducted conscripts for August will be here to solve the situation! The Preside of Sükhbaatar, Yumjaagiin Batmönkh has released a statement that he will be calling the Presidium of the State Khural headed by the Khan of the Presidium of Representatives, Tsedenbal Dashiin, to hold a press conference and deliberate information about this incident, as well as information about the aid that Sükhbaatar has promised to give to Tangkuo.

In other news, regional reports indicate..."

Chief Silugukhan turned the television off at that point. The embarrassment of this office could not have been felt greater. As soon as the plane exploded, Silugukhan had opted for the deployment of local Sükhbaataryn People's Guard, but the Regional Administrator vetoed the decision. Everything Silugukhan had tried doing everything to try to secure the situation but the best the Regional Administrator, Temulun Yesegi, would opt for was a loose police perimeter surrounding the airport. The Sükhbaataryn federal government was invoved now, and Silugukhan couldn't wait for Yesegi to slander him and the Regional Security Department's name on the upcoming press conference.

The office was busy with news of this. Early morning police officers were rushed out to set up the perimeter, and those who were left really didn't know what to do other than panic, since the RSD was effectively frozen in power and abilities because of Temulun.

Creeeaaak the small office door went. A police officer peaked his head out into Sikugukhan's office, seeing the obviously distraught chief. Sliugukhan didn't even drink his morning coffee. The aroma of it still filled the room. Black, he never put a grain of sugar or a drop of creamer.

"Chief Silugukhan, Officer Bugidai reporting! Officer Keuken reported in from the airport, they've finished setting up a perimeter around the airport. All flights are being redirected from EIA to the DIA over in Delgerkhangai."

"Ugh, at least someone in this office knows how to get stuff done. Officer, I need you to gather up a group of Sükhbaataryn People's Guards and have them ready for deployment."

"But Chief Silugukhan, Administrator Yesegi said not to deploy them...we can't go against his orders."

"Even if it means losing my position and rank, I want them deployed. We don't know what the terrorists in the airport want, and we don't know how well armed they are. They destroyed an entire plane, those police officers and ever civilian behind them could get shredded! Deploy them. I don't care what the Administrator has to say. I'll deal with the repercussions, just do it. I'm giving you permission, title A672G9."
Chief Silgukhan said, hastily scribbling down the serial number and his signature. "If a soldier questions you hand this to the their head of operations. This number will tell them to mobilize over to the airport. I'll hand them directions from there. Go now Officer, I need to prepare for the next battle we have."

"Yes sir." Officer Bugidai responded, hastily getting out of the office.

Barracks Floor, Office of Regional Administration and Security
August 5th - 7:23 AM

Officer Budigai sprinted down the stairs to the floor. The elevator was down for repairs, of course. What a drag of a morning, but what and interesting morning as well! He'd never seen the chief so angry, and the Office in such a state of panic. He quickly went down the stairs, passing each hallway.

"Administrator's Office...Dectective's Room...Evidence Archives...Barracks! Exactly what I'm looking for!" He though to himself as he barged into the barracks floor. The walls were cluttered with the doors of each individual barrack, but the room all the way in the back should be the one he was looking for. The Head of the Regional People's Guard. He started walking over, before startling at a door opening.

"DAH! Hello?" He almost yelled. One of the People's Guard soldiers walked out, and immediately noticed how out of place Budigai seemed. Bugidai dressed in his white button up shirt and black trousers. Plainsclothing officer compared to the conscript, who seemed to have just woken up, wearing nothing but a undershirt and briefs.

"Hey, are you from the Police Department?" The conscript asked, confused.

"Yeah, Officer Bugidai. I take it you're one of the August conscripts?"

"How'd you guess?"

"We get a lot of conscripts at the beginning of every month, so I just assumed."
Bugidai responded. The conversation seemed somewhat awkward. This conscript definitely didn't tower over the meager plainsclothing officer.

"Good guess. I'll uh...I'll let you get back to what you were doing Officer." The conscript said. Before Bugidai had a chance to respond, the door closed on him. What a weird conscript. It doesn't really matter. Bugidai continued onto his way to the office, and opened the office door. The walls were bleak grey with the window shining light behind him. The man's face was obscure, but didn't say a word.

"Hello there, my name is Officer Bugidai. I have orders from the chief to deploy the People's Guard. Right here." Bugidai said, while handing the piece of paper. The head, without saying a word, snatched the paper away, read it, and promptly threw it away. Before Bugidai could respond, the head pressed a button, and an alarm pierced the noise. Not a loud alarm though.

"You have your wish Officer Bugidai, tell the Chief to meet me down in the garage for orders. I suggest you get back to the top floor, before the halls become too crowded." The head said. Officer Bugidai didn't mince words or time, he simply gave his, "Affirmative" and promptly left.

Undisclosed Military Base, Khürman Region, Sergelen District, Sükhbaatar
Independence Cell #12, Military Base
7:30 AM

The bushes were thick, the steppe was unfriendly. Naranbaatar kept walking through, paving the path for his meager group of freedom fighters. He say something. A chainlink fence. He knew he had reached it. He looked on the north side, since they entered in from the West into the Eastern Steppe to find this base. He saw several different figures from the top of the hill, before soon he heard a crunch noise.

The noises of birds chirping surrounded them, but then the sound of a crunch! In less than three seconds, all 20 freedom fighter cocked their guns up at the noise, before a messenger came from the brush. The fighters lowered their arms, before the messenger spoke.

"Cell #11 is ready to launch. They have new orders. They want you to storm inside the base while they attack from afar."

"I see. So we're starting now..."

"Yes, they'll cover you with gun fire and explosive fire from afar."

"This...this isn't a great plan, but if that's what they want then we'll do it. But I sense great loss within this."

"Cell #11 is waiting."

"Tell them to start. By the time you get there we'll have already started."

"Affirmative."
And like that, the messenger disappear back into the brush.

"Alright, Freedom Fighters, heed my orders. I will not repeat myself. Cell #11 has changed orders. We are to storm the compound, no questions asked. Dayir, Turakina, can you cut open this fence?"

"Yes Naranbaatar."
Dayir said. Turakina nodded with him. They both reached into their bags, and took out two bolt cutters. They approached the fence. Electrified, good. They started working on it, having to cut a hole large enough.

"The rest of you, count your shots and prepare. Until everyone is in position I want zero gun fire. Is that understood?" Naranbaatar said. The crouched Freedom Fighters nodded collectively, not saying a word.

"Naranbaatar, the fence is down. We're in the clear. We can take some refuge in the back of this building. They didn't install even a basic security detail like towers.
Nothing. We're in the clear."
Dayir said.

"You heard him fighters. Let's go!"
Last edited by AESYRiEL on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akannus Confederacy • Lanyan Alliance • Orassian Republic • League of Gerentinans • Grand Nerotan Republic • Sacred Yulvari Order
ⴀⴉⴀⴌⴓⴑⴈⴀ ⴉⴍⴌⴔⴄⴃⴄრⴀⴚⴈⴀ • 兰亚盟 • רפובליקת אוראסי • જેરેન્ટિના લીગ • Велика Неротан Республіка • የተቀደሰ ዩልቫሪ ትእዛዝ

AESYRiEL
Bureaucrat

New York Times Democracy

Postby AESYRiEL » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Undisclosed Military Base, Khürman Region, Sergelen District, Sükhbaatar
Independence Cell #12, Military Base
August 5th - 7:30 AM

"I've got three soldiers on the left. Dayir and Turakina, head right. See if you can flank them. We're almost ready to spring the ambush." Naranbaatar whispered. They had positioned themselves perfectly. Everyone seemed ready and the element of surprise was still in it for the enemy. Naranbaatar held his rifle up and kept aiming at the soldier. At least 3 meters away.

*Keep your cool Naranbaatar. Deep breaths, this outpost must be taken.* Naranbaatar thought to himself. He tore his view to look at Dayir and Turakina were ready. They lied prone, flat as boards yet armed to kill. Their weapons were aimed right at two soldiers off. They looked at him and waved thumbs up, as to not break the silence.

"Alright squad." Naranbaatar said quietly, before taking his weapon and discharging it at the soldier. Time seemed to go in slow motion, and the bullet traveled right through the air, slicing it. The soldier nearly turned around to the noise of the gun shot only to be welcomed by the bullet. Before long, the bullet made the fleshy penetration sound, and the man crumpled on the floor. The bullet had made its mark right in between the eyes, and Naranbaatar yelled, "Fire at Will!" Before the soldiers got a chance to react, the remaining freedom fighters unleashed a hail of bullets upon the soldiers. Several soldiers immediately crumpled on the floor, died almost immediately after the hail. At least 16 men lay dead in their wake.

The soldiers remained scatter, before the alarm system was sounded. The twenty freedom fighters soon saw their cover wasn't enough. 4 of them, led by Mergen, attempted to push forward, before being met with a group of soldiers. Cell #11 had yet to support them in any way possible, and Mergen with 4 other freedom fighters were cut down swiftly. The remaining 15 freedom fighters had just had a quarter of their fighters slaughtered.

Before long, a shot rang out from behind the enemy soldiers, before the sounds of explosions ripped through the ranks of the enemy soldiers. Cell 11 had arrived in full force, and before long, the soldiers had scattered. Pockets of soldiers tried desperately to kill the enemy freedom fighters, but were ultimately in vain. Several soldiers tried making their way out through two trucks. One of the trucks saw fire pouring out of it, drenching the freedom fighters in bullets, one of which grazed Naranbaatar.

No matter, the day was won for the freedom fighters. Cell #13 could make its convoy, but Cell #10 would need to hunt down the retreating soldiers.

Delgerkhangai, Darkhan-Uul District, Sükhbaatar
Meeting Office of the Presidential's Public Presidium
August 5th - 12:00 PM

"Khan Tsedenbal, have you finished your deliberation with the emergency meeting with Presidium of the State Khural? The press conference with the Government News Agency is about to begin." President Yumjaagiin Batmönkh said, impatiently while walking out of the Office and walking within the halls.

"Yes, and we've come to several different agreements for Incumbent-level approval. I have a list of them right here." Tsedenbal said, trying to catch up and han him several pieces of papers, all filled with bureaucracy.

"I'll take a look at them while I walk. I will make my approval during the press conference." Yumjaagiin shot back with. Tsedenbal didn't respond, other than, I will await your press release."

Yumjaagiin continued walking down, skimming and looking at the papers, putting them back and forth in his hand, while Tsedenbal stopped walking with him. He simply stood looking at him, trying to maintain a smile clenching his hands.

Platform of the Presidential's Public Presidium
August 5th - 12:00 PM

Yumjaagiin opened the door slightly, the wooden door's creaks being drowned out by the sounds of the crowd. The crowd was wild, cheering upon his appearance, the intermix of the people showed. The crowd and everyone in it seemed minuscule. He stepped up to the dark oak podium, and slammed the papers down. He turned on the microphone placed on it, with several heavily armed People's Presidential Guard flanking beside him.

"People of Sükhbaatar, it is with my full intention that I discuss the events of the Erdene. The struggle of the people, the attack on the people, the problems of the Sectional Split, and how the Sükhbaataryn Government, especially the Presidium of Representatives intends to respond with emergency legislation. These matters are as important to the Sükhbaataryn people as they are to me, and these recent string of attacks as well as this decrepit Sectional Split will not go unchallenged. The Khan of the State Khural, the First Presidium of the Khural have been at work these past two hours, working on piecing together several pieces of legislature to pull the country together. But before I speak on matters of the State Khural, I must discuss the matter of Sergelen Independence, including the incident on the 30th of last month involving several Sergelen Independence Party members.

Let it be known that the Sergelen Independence Party has made itself to be seen as an attempt to be a political party, one that tries to find its place among the legitimate people. Let it also be known that the Sergelen Independence Party has refused to abide by the oathes they took when they entered the State's Great Khural, as they were there to support and represent the regions and districts that have delegated them to that position. During the Third Monthly Congress of the State's Great Khural, they attempted to pass an Incumbent-Level Resolution on funding Sergelen Infrastructure, which failed, and as such, left the congress. These acts against the State have not been discussed by the Sergelen Independence Party, and the Sergelen Independence Party has played with every event, tragedy, and problem with the state. And as such, let me, the President of Sükhbaatar, Yumjaagiin Batmönkh, state that the Sergelen Independence Party is to cease and desist as a party. Their existence and any successor is to now be classified as illegal until the State's Great Khural has determined by a 2/3rd majority vote that the Sükhbaataryn Sectional Split is no longer a concern.

To press the matters of our state's security, the State's Great Khural has been called in an emergency meeting, and have handed a list of propositions which will go into Emergency-Level Resolutions. There are two resolutions which I have decided to pass, effective immediately.

These resolution entail Erdene Security and Military Expenditures in the Sergelen, to which I have approved on my authority. The first resolution entails placing the Region of Erdenedalai under martial law after the recent terrorist attack on an Isolaprugnan Plane failed its landing, to which a hostage situation afterwards emerged, which right now is still in effect. The Region of Erdene and the Specially Administrated Eastern District is an important part of Sükhbaatar, one that is the centerpiece of history within Sükhbaatar. The second resolution entails the increased military expenditure to come for the Sergelen Military Forces. The Sergelen District is a District that is currently being monitored by the state.

As always, the people of Sükhbaatar, Everything Flows in Harmony. And now, as apart of our civic service, I would like to have a moment of silence for the people who died in the Isolaprugnan Plane Crash, and would like commemorate their memories and the Hostage Situation. May our brave officers liberate the people held under the point of the gun.

Last edited by AESYRiEL on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AESYRiEL
Bureaucrat

New York Times Democracy

Postby AESYRiEL » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Delgerkhangai, Darkhan-Uul, Sükhbaatar
Diplomatic Embassy of Dayganistan
August 6th - 12:00 AM

The wind was howling within the city. The urban life within Delgerkhangai was dead. The streets were quiet and seldom souls walked the paved concrete sidewalks. Occasionally a car would pass, the blinding headlights on as they whizzed by. The clock struck midnight meant the meeting was to go. The press couldn't find out, neither could this be leaked out, otherwise this could cause an international scandal that the Sükhbaataryn government is not prepared to take.

The Department of Defense was contacted by the Diplomatic Embassy of Dayganistan, during Yumjaagiin's speech. The perfect opportunity, they offered the Sükhbaataryn Department of Defense weapons for sale, something that the Department of Defense delegated to the Department of the Interior. The Department of the Interior's head, Sanjaasürengiin Oyuun. Oyuun's heels clicked and echoed within the empty streets, she went through the backways. With her were two unassuming Sükhbaataryn Protection Marshals to accompany her. Both of them were armed to the teeth, one of them with a hidden shotgun hiding under his longcoat. The other hid two pistols attacked to a holsters on the sides of his hips.

"So, Dogsom, how long until we reach our destination?" Oyuun said, walking a bit faster while the two continued to flank her, unassumingly staying behind her.

"A corner away. We're....right....here." Dogsom said as they all slowed down to a halt in front of the imposing embassy. The embassy's lights were still on and glowing a yellow hue. The architecture of it was stunning, while the Dayganistani flag flew proudly in the moonlight shine. The Dayganistani Ambassador, opened the front door, not saying a word. He was dressed for the meeting, with a black suit and a stone cold look on his face. The droopiness of his face was obvious but he still maintained his chilling look, enough to give off the sense of winter within the beating heat.

"Karim Azadeh, Dayganistani Ambassador of the Diplomatic Embassy of Dayganistan within Sükhbaatar. My name is Sanjaasürengiin Oyuun, Head of the Sükhbaataryn Department of the Interior, and flanking me are my Protection Marshals Dogsam and Arkhangai. Please, may we step in. We have much to discuss for our countries, and I'm sure that our countries will surely come to an agreement today Ambassador."

"Department Head Oyuun, I've heard much about you. Please, step in."
Karim said. Everything about this ambassador seemed somewhat...imposing. His voice was deep and slow, and his mannerism was of seriousness. Small talk seemed like it wouldn't happen.

"Please, let my staff get you something to drink. Maybe some coffee, brewed with the richest Dayganistani cocoa beans. Take some time to get adjusted, and meet me in a few minutes Department Head Oyuun."

"Of course Ambassador Karim."
Oyuun responded softly. Shortly after, an embassy staff member presented the three with ceramic cups, filled with rich coffee, the scent of it delightful.

"You know Arkhangai, I've always loved the scent of coffee."

"I can tell Miss Oyuun."
Arkhangai responded, sipping his coffee. The three placed their coffee down on a nearby table, where the staff member had placed the tray down. The staff member went to collect the tray as the three walked into the room. But before they could walk in, they heard the staff member call out to them.

"Miss Oyuun! Ambassador Karim told us instructions that anyone who accompanies you cannot go into the room!" The staff member said. The three looked at each other. Oyuun nodded, and Dogsam and Arkhangai walked over to the entrance. Oyuun turned over to the room's door. Hard and a deep brown oak color. Almost beautiful in how its design and color reflected the architecture, like the inlaid linoleum floors, showing off the art and design art of Dayganistan.

The door started to creak open, as Oyuun started to walk in, the clacking of her heels still audible, and louder than on the concrete. Ambassador Karim sat at the opposite of a fine yew table with a glass lining. Karim sat down looking over several pieces of paper before adjusting his glasses and looking up, making eye contact with Oyuun. He looked back at the papers and placed them to the side, before tenting his hands, as Oyuun sat down on one of the chairs, directly across from him. The distance between the two was not far, probably at an arms length.

"So, Department Head Oyuun, I assume you know why you're here in the meeting room of this establishment, but I shall repeat why. About 14 hours ago, I sent the Sükhbaataryn Department of Defense a message via personal messenger. I hand delivered the message during the President's speech. Quite a thunderous speech, was it not?"

"It was thunderous, and we will strike back at the Sergelens that attacked in Khürman."

"Ah yes, that incident too. Well, moving on from these events, Dayganistan has held some interest in Sükhbaatar, but never as much as now, with the Sergelen threat."

"Quite Ambassador Karim. This letter in particular is of interest to the Sükhbaataryn Government and Department of Defense. But what exactly is in it for Dayganistan?
Why would you want to help Sükhbaatar? We may be Cataians, but we have no real relations until relatively recent in Sükhbaatar's history. Sükhbaatar is always looking for new allies, even new countries just to interact, but what do you have to gain from it, Ambassador?"

"From the way I see it, Sükhbaatar is a bulwark in Catai. It may be an actual player in the whole scheme of things. We know of your mission to turn back Asuran influence from Central Catai and Yidao and to create an organization to unite Cataians, but Sükhbaatar isn't in a position to be starting things. Dayganistan sees an opportunity to help our fellow Cataians, our brothers and sisters of Catai. We also know of your history, as communists who turned to the light of capitalism."

"I see you've definitely done your homework Ambassador. Sükhbaatar has always looked to unite and turn Asuran interests from continental Catai, nd to have someone help in this feels like a new change. But I remain unconvinced that this is your only reason for helping Ambassador."
Oyuun said. Her adrenaline was almost shooting up saying that sentence. The tension between the two was somewhat

"Department Head Oyuun, rumors about the Sergelen Independence Movement have been circulating in small told rumors. And those rumors make their way to us,
the ambassadors. People talk, and people hear, and we pick them up and if it's important, we do something about it. And we've heard rumors about their communism.
Their scourge that they wish to inflict upon innocent civilians. Purge them, kill them, they will inevitably turn the wrong direction and become a state against the people. Their movement and ideology is dangerous to Sükhbaatar, to all of us. To the structure hold of Catai. Their proximity to Vynozhia, the state of communism that spawned from the demon of the Aeian Socialist Union makes them able allies to any faction within the fractured state of Vynozhia."

"I see Ambassador Karim. As is with Sükhbaatar, we were unaware of these rumors. We had been fighting for the freedom of the people after the Byabamsüren-Yanjmaa era, where the heroes of our country freed us from the yolk of communism. We thought the Sergelen Independence Party wouldn't go against the interests by falling to this scourge. But, as a country and as the delegation assigned by the Department of Defense, I cannot act on these unconfirmed rumors. We are kindred countries that act against communism, but we cannot simply publicly state that they are communist. But, until this dealing comes into the light of the public soon, we can both agree that the it is of both of our interests to end this threat. So what exactly did you have in mind?"

"Well, I have here four prospective weapons that have been offered up by the government."

"Hmm, please. Show me Ambassador."

"Well, first off, we have the old fashioned T65. These weapons last a long time and despite their age, they're a reliable weapon to mass produce. They're cheap and efficient, and we want to offer them up as the bulk of our offer. Our initial offer is a hundred thousand of these weapons. If you want to see the statistics of these weapons, I've got the paperwork here."
Ambassador Karim says, grabbing the paper he put aside and placed it right in front of Oyuun. Oyuun picked up the papers, each with a detailed diagnostics on the weapon. Its range, its manufacturer, its cartridge. Everything. She started looking at the other papers. Three other weapons. The T13, the T17, the T59. Beautiful weapons, all of which would be well in the use of Sükhbaatar. The state’s military was in a dire state with equipment, and this deal would be the thing that brings Sükhbaatar to its ultimate power. She kept reading through, making calculations throughout the entire time reading.

About 5 minutes of silence while Oyuun’s head was buried in the papers, looking at each one, before looking back at Ambassador Karim.

“Ambassador Karim, I have perused these guns. Since Sükhbaatar does not want to be over-ambiguous, we will not make this order as large as our military. But, because these weapons and ultimately this deal will help both us Sükhbaataryns and you Dayganistanis. Your offer to us has opened up new pathways into our countries, and per my authority delegated from Yumjaagiin Batmönkh, we accept this offer. The Department of Defense and the Department of the Interior gladly welcome you for your generous offer to the State, and further relations between our countries shall not stop here.”

Ambassador Karim stood up, as did Oyuun. They both walked towards each other and calmly shook hands, making eye contact. A faint smile appeared on Ambassador Karim’s face, while Oyuun seemed to almost be beaming. The handshake faltered, and they stepped back.

“Thank you, Department Head Oyuun. If you wish to stay an extra minute out in the lobby, I can give you a rough estimate on how much the cost of the shipment will be.”

“If you would be so kind Ambassador Karim. I will remain in the lobby.”

She and Karim walked out of the office, while Dogsam and Arkhangai both rose from their seats and saluted Oyuun. “Madam Oyuun Madam!” They both shouted, before a phone buzzed. Oyuun chucked. “At ease men. We’ll be leaving soon, as soon as Ambassador Karim finishes up a rough calculation so I can get an estimate to the Department of Defense.”

The men didn’t respond, while Oyuun glued her hands together, beaming a smile while Ambassador Karim headed upstairs. The three downstairs waited a short while, until Ambassador Karim walked downstairs.

“So I did some rough calculations. I am going by the calculations that were provided to be my our Department of Defense. While we don’t have an exact estimate yet, we are certain that, assuming that the order of amount order goes in T65s, T59s, T17s, and T13s...the maximum amount that I calculated should be no more than 4 million dollars. Here, have this small notecard. It’s got all the numbers I’ve punched in”

“Thank you Ambassador Karim. I will give this to the Department of Defense, and we’ll hope to reach an agreement from you shortly. Farewell Ambassador. And remember, Everything flows in Harmony.”

“Thank you Department Head Oyuun. Have a safe night. And remember, God, Duty, Country.”

The creaking of the door and the clacking of heels still echoed in the night as Oyuun stepped out of the building with her Protection Marshals. She reached a small vehicle, enough to hold her company, and entered with the notecard in hand, and off the vehicle went into the night, as the embassy lights finally shut off into darkness.
Last edited by AESYRiEL on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Khanabad, Dayganistan
Ministry of Defence
9:00 AM

General Mahmoud Adamkhel, Dayganistan's minister of defence, stepped out of his chauffeured car in front of the Ministry of Defence building. The General, now in his early 60s, would have certainly preferred to drive himself. The personal driver was practically forced upon him, more as a protection detail given his position. He was told he'd be a much easier target for some sort of attack if he would drive his own car.

Upon leaving the car, the general was greeted with the now familiar sight of the polished square at which the Ministry of Defence sat at the end of. The square contained various statues and memorials dedicated to the Daygani Armed Forces, and at the center of the square, a path flanked on both sides by Daygani flags along its length lead to the main doors of the Ministry of Defence. While familiar, it still amazed General Adamkhel to this day. He started his military career as a farm kid who went to a military academy so he wouldn't have to continue to live a rural lifestyle. He never expected that he would be working in the capital one day, in such a position of power and among such awe-inspiring feats of architecture.

As the general entered the building, he could hear the sounds of army boots and civilian shoes against hard marble floors, along with the sounds of various voices chatting with each other, as military personnel and civilian employees of the Ministry of Defence went about their daily responsibilities, whatever they may be. The various military personnel saluted the general as he walked by, with the general returning their salutes as he made his way towards the elevators which would take him to the top floor of the building and his office. He reached one of the elevators just as it was about to close, this one was surprisingly empty, being occupied only by the general and a civilian worker. Male, early 30s, clean shaven, wearing glasses, probably worked in the IT department and was off to fix someone's computer. The civilian employee left the elevator a few floors before the general, he wasn't paying attention to precisely which one. As the elevator opened at the top floor, the general stepped out and walked towards his office. He was greeted with a salute by his secretary, a female corporal in her early 20s, wearing the Army's dress uniform. The general almost felt bad for her as he returned her salute. This young woman probably trained to set up battlefield communications networks or be a radio operator judging by the signal corps patch on her uniform, not, for all intents and purposes, operate the general's fax machine and answer his phone calls.

"At ease," the general ordered. "Is there anything important for me today, Corporal Golzar?"

"Yes General, something came in from our ambassador in Sükhbaatar last night," The corporal said as she handed the document to General Adamkhel. "This was marked as high priority but nothing else important has come in yet today. I'll let you know if anything else comes up."

"Thank you Corporal, now get back to work," the general said as he walked through the doors to his main office. He set the documents down on his large wooden desk beside his briefcase, before walking over to a counter sitting below a cabinet which contained various glasses, coffee cups, and bottles of alcoholic beverages. A coffee maker also sat here, which he turned on. While he waited for the coffee to brew, he went over to look at the document from Sükhbaatar he had been provided with. Their government wanted to buy weapons from Dayganistan, and had spelled out a fairly precise shopping list. The general was worried that these weapons might fall into the wrong hands, end up being used by communists in Vynozhia if things end up totally going to shit over there. But it wasn't Dayganistan's problem if that happened. Most of the weapons asked for were older models that are being replaced anyway and would just end up collecting dust in some warehouse, never to see the light of day. The general saw no reason not to approve the sale, he'd just need to get the president's approval as well, as all arms sales by Dayganistan required.

Khanabad, Dayganistan
Presidential Palace
11:30 AM

General Adamkhel arrived at the presidential palace, and was now sitting on a chair outside the president's office, waiting for her to come out and meet him. After being forced to wait for about half an hour, the large, wooden double doors which lead to the office opened as President Zahir stepped out. General Adamkhel instinctively rose to his feet and saluted the president. No matter how many times he had done it before, it still felt wrong for him to salute her. In his mind, she was still the wife of the former president who had abused her position in order to buy designer clothes and live a glamorous lifestyle. But the country hadn't burned down yet, so the general believe she was at least somewhat competent in running a country.

"At ease, General," the president said. "What brings you over here on such short notice?" She motioned for the general to follow her into the office. Both of them sat down at the large desk in the center of the room, across from each other.

"I need your approval for a weapons sale. Sükhbaatar is asking for guns. As you know, you and I both need to authorize the sale," The general said as he handed the letter that would be sent to the Sükhbaatar Department of Defence, with a space left blank for the president to place her signature.

"You know this is right across the border from a country that's on the verge of a major crisis, right General? What if these weapons get into the wrong hands?" President Zahir asked.

"It's not our problem anymore if we sell the weapons to someone and they lose them. Trust me, there's no harm in making a profit off of a few outdated guns that are just going to be rusting in a warehouse at some military base in the middle of nowhere. And as for the new production weapons we're going to sell? It can only help our economy. Other countries might see how well our weapons perform in battle and we'll have new export customers. It's no risk and all reward on our part."

President Zahir looked over the letter again before responding. "Alright, I don't see a problem with this. But if I turn on the news and see T13 assault rifles in Vynozhia, you're getting in trouble for it." She signed her name and handed it back to the General Adamkhel.

"Will the be all, General?" the president asked?

"No that's all I needed today," the general said as he put the letter into his briefcase. He stood up, saluted again, and then turned around to walk out of the office. Upon returning to his own office, he would fax the letter to Sükhbaatar.

DAYGANISTAN MINISTRY OF DEFENCE

Dear Miss Oyuun,

Dayganistan has accepted your request to purchase military equipment. We will provide the models of small arms that you have previously requested and in the numbers that you have requested. Further sales may be requested at any time. Dayganistan looks forward to establishing closer relations between our two countries and working together against our common enemies.

Sincerely,

محمودآدم خېل
General Mahmoud Adamkhel - Minister of Defence

آرینا زهیر
Aryana Zahir - President of Dayganistan
Last edited by Dayganistan on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

AESYRiEL
Bureaucrat

New York Times Democracy

Postby AESYRiEL » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Erdenedalai, Erdenedalai Region, Speciallyy Administraded Eastern District, Sükhbaatar
Security Office, Erdenedalai International Airport
August 5th - 12:00 AM

"What a bunch of fucking shit that speech was by Yumjaagiin. He knows nothing of our struggle of the Sergelen Steppe. How he decides to militarize the place and how he takes our funding and kicks our people out of the Khural. He knows that the Republics time has come."

"Yes yes. Come on, the hostages here need some...care."
One of them said in the other room. The TV was blasting Yumjaagiin's speech outside in one of the rooms. Sukegei could hear it loud in clear. The room around him was dark and empty. They weren't blindfolded or gagged, but six of them sat tied in a circle. He could hear the heavy breathing of some others. He tried looking but all he could see was the door in front of him with Suyiketu and a pilot next to him. A singular light glowed above him that hanged down with a string. "The storage room. Classy place. They must have emptied it out." Sukegei thought to himself.

The metal door started to open, creating a loud creaking sound. Sukegei could feel Suyiketu squirming, the anxiousness in him coursing itself throughout his body. His right leg was shaking violently, and his arm was too, enough to create a small clacking noise against the hard noise of the cold cement floor. Sweat from Sukegei's face dripped down onto his shirt, where a massive pool of sweat was gathering. They've been locked in the room for well over six hours, or so Sukegei thought.

The light revealed a shadowy figure, before in a split second the light revealed her face. The traitorous Security Officer Otichgin walked in, smoking a cigarette, with her shirt loose. She looked sweaty from what it looked like. She looked at all the six people arranged in a tight circle, hands tied behind their back. Before she could say a word, the old pilot talked silently at a mouse's volume to her.

"Lets hope the People's Guard is giving you hell you bitch. You...you and your whole crew will burn for what you did to that plane." The pilot said. Otichgin's ears were like an elephants though, and the silent environment didn't help. She picked up the feeble pilot's words and trailed over to him.

"So old man, is that what you think? They may have surrounded us, but they're not taking us. This entire building will be cinders and ash by the time they enter." She said. Before the pilot could respond, Sukegei and the rest saw her take out a pistol. She tossed it up and caught it, with her finger on the trigger, and loaded the pistol, before twirling it and aiming it over at the old pilot.

The old pilot simply sat in defense, with a single drop of sweat coming out from under his cap. She started to squeeze the trigger, and everyone clenched their eyes closed. And then a singular noise. Click! The pistol was empty, and everyone opened their eyes, some sighing with relief, including the pilot. But before they could do anything, she twirled the pistol, and pistol whipped him with the grip, holding the barrel. Bam! Square in the eye, and the man recoiled in the pain. He couldn't do anything thought, before she picked him up by the collar and spit on him, as it dripped off his face. His face showed a mixture of pain and fear, one he doesn't seem he's ever had. She took him and slammed him into a wall. People started trying to negotiate and others scream but they all drowned themselves out. She slammed the man against the wall, and he dropped. He started coughing up blood and was on his side, squirming like a fish.

"Pathetic." Otichigin said, before pulling her pistol out again. She twirled and hit him with the barrel of the pistol, before she dropped the magazine within her gun. She pulled out another magazine, one that was clearly loaded, and reloaded her gun. She aimed above Suyiketu, and shot. The dust from the shot fell down on Suyiketu, as he simply sat in fear. He seems almost broken, as if he knew he was going to die, and as such seemed to accept his fate. He was still shaking violently, but his face displayed absolute apathy. A woman screamed as the shot echoed in the room, while everyone but Suyiketu squirmed, before Otichigin aimed her pistol at the area of the hostages, while the woman once again screamed.

"So, the rest of you. I hear another word come out of your pathetic mouths, and you're dead." She said, looking everyone dead in the eye. Then a whisper, a whisper of life came from the bleeding wounded pilot.

You...I know your kind......Sergelens......savages...." He said coughing every time, blood staining the hard concrete. Otichigin didn't bother arguing with this man, not enough to mince words. She simply looked over, and aimed her pistol at his stomach. He didn't utter another word, before three gunshots rang. His screams of pain were audible like all hell. The blood splattered on Sukegei, staining his shirt. The blood also stained Otichigin's face, before she unloaded another round in the pilot's head. The pilot's head dropped, as he remained motionless and speechless.

"You can decide to share the same fate as this pathetic garbage, or you can stay here like good hostages until the bombs blow this airport to cinders. Your choice.
I hear another word or scream, I will make good on my promise.
Otichgin said, before leaving the room. The blood stained her hair, as her black-as-night hair twirled and twisted its way through the air, before leaving.
Last edited by AESYRiEL on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AESYRiEL
Bureaucrat

New York Times Democracy

Postby AESYRiEL » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:50 pm

Meeting Office of the Presidential's Public Presidium
August 6th - 12:00 PM

Mint tea. Sip. A delicious yet subtle tea. Cooling to the tongue yet not afraid to burn when taken improperly. Yumjaagiin saw how everyone else preferred all their different morning drinks. He had been up attending several state matters around the city of Delgerkhangai. However his top priority remained to call an Executive Congress between him, The Khan of the State's Khural, the Head of the Department of Defense and the Head of the Department of the Interior. Yumjaagiin Batmönkh, Tsedenbal Dashiin, Otgonbayar Ganbaatar, and Sanjaasürengiin Oyuun, respectively. None of them were there yet at the Presidential Presidium yet, as Yumjaagiin paced around the room, sipping his tea in one hand, as the sun peered into the dimly lighted room. The windows showed the great view of the sun and the nature surrounding his enclave of the Public Presidium.

Yumjaagiin craned his head over at the door leading to the hallways. A door from the end of the hallway opened, and the clacking of stiletto heels made itself apparent from the hallway. Clack, clack, clack. Rapid fire. Oyuun was rushing her ridiculous heels of hers, trying to maintain that upstanding image of herself. Knock knock Oyuun went on the door.

"Department Head Sanjaasürengiin Oyuun, please, enter by the door."

The door opened and Sanjaasürengiin Oyuun stepped into the room, shutting the door with her left hand. Her right hand contained all sorts of various papers all contained in a worn manila envelope. Yumjaagiin and Oyuun were opposite of each other between the room. Oyuun turned after closing the door, and bowed from her hips.

"President Yumjaagiin. A pleasure. Where are Otganbayar and Tsedenbal?"

"Currently they're running late Oyuun, but you're here relatively on time. Please, take a seat."
Yumjaagiin said as he started walking over to her. She sat down in the sleak modernist chair, laying down several papers down onto the table, studying them very closely.

"May I get you some water Oyuun?"

"No thank you President, I will be fine. How has your morning been?"

"It's been fine Oyuun, thank you for asking. And yours?"

"Busy. I worked with the Ambassador of Dayganistan to gather a good arms deal with Dayganistan. I am sure that this arms deal will benefit us against the Sergelen Rebellion. Have you heard any news from Khürman?"

"Nothing. Those bastards in charge are keeping us in the dark, saying they have it under control. But the slaughtering of those Cadets and the Expeditionary Crew couldn't have emphasized it more that they're not."

"The Department of the Interior is taking precautions with that region. We've instructed that the borders between the Sergelen District to be closed. With the communist threat looming with possible support, Vynozhia may get involved if their nation wasn't such a cluster. The Department of the Interior is ready to soon start deploying the People's Guard to help defuse the situation."

"That sounds like good news Oyuun. In the meantime, I must also tell you that I will not be backing down with the medical aid towards Tangkuo."
Yumjaagiin said. Oyuun craned her neck around. This entire conversation she hadn't looked over at the President at all, rather studying her papers.

"The sovereignty of Tangkuo is important to establish Cataian unity. That is the one thing that Sükhbattar is, to reunite Catai as a peaceful alliance of states. And I do not like the rather many terrorist groups bordering our country. The White Banner and the State of Truth. Deluded terrorists led by incompetent leaders. The Kingdom of Tangkuo must remain, by any means possible. I do not want the State of Truth in Tangkuo, jeopardizing their sovereignty."

"I see President. I must say I agree. The holding backs of the Sergelen Independence Party before this were...suspicious on that. They were the only party to vote no on helping Tangkuo. Something must be up with the Sergelens and the State of Truth. But maybe I'm just placing the blame incorrectly."
Oyuun said as she turned her face back down at the pages.

Two sets of footsteps started to come down from the hallway. Tsendbal and Otganbayar walked down the hallways in a rather calm manner from what the President could tell. Then the knocks of the two. Knock Knock Knock.

Khan of the State's Khural Tsendbal and Department Head Otganbayar. Please. Come in." Yumgaajiin said, laying down his cup of mint tea, still smoldering hot.

The two entered in, without saying a word, surrounding Oyuun. Tsendbal closed the door, before the two faced the President right of Oyuun and bowed.

"An honor, President Yumgaajiin."

"Please, it's all our honor."
Yumgaajiin said. The two men sat side by side of Oyuun, while Yumgaajiin sat down on the opposite side of the three.

"Welcome to the Presidium. As the holder of this Executive Council, I shall announce that the council has started. We're here to discuss several issues that concern the state of Sükhbaatar and the district of Sergelen, as well as the issue of Tangkuo aid. I'd like to give the first speak to Oyuun, who talked over with the Ambassador of Dayganistan about a covert arms deal at the dead of midnight. Oyuun, if you will."

"Of course. The Dayganistan Ambassador offered four guns that Dayganistan would be interested in selling over to us for a price."

Otganbayar chimed in, "What weapons and how much did the ambassador estimate for us?"

"The ambassador offered the T65, the T13, the T17, and the T59, and recommended that the maximum limit for how much we should purchase is around 4 million as a starting price. I have here copies of the weapons blueprints, statistics and cost."
Oyuun said, passing over eight sheets of paper to Otganbayar she had been studying.

"In the meantime, I'd like to address the three of you directly. I have already briefed Oyuun on the matter, but Tangkuo aid will not be stopped nor cancelled by the Presidium or any Department Head. The aid that Tangkuo requires is essential. Two terrorist groups, the White Banner and the State of Truth, lay on our borders and could very will be in Sergelen territory. Qyred and Yunlin both serve threats, and Tangkuo can serve as a great ally. The nobility of Dörvöjin and Nömrog I'm sure would be happy to contribute, since it's meant to help out monarchists. I am not to be questioned on this order, especially by the Presidium. Is that made clear Tsendbal?"

Tsendbal simply nodding his head. He really couldn't think of a response otherwise, and since he was bounded by the cable of oath, he couldn't question Yumjaagiin.

These weapons are...of unique cost. Cheap, yet effective. These will serve well in making Sükhbaatar more modernized."

"I'll contact their Ministry of Defense soon. They sent me a letter over concerning the arms deal. Should I tell them Sükhbaatar is ready to accept?"

"Do so quickly. The Department of Defense is in agreement with the Department of the Interior. These will help us, and our military."
Otganbayar said. Oyuun, Otganbayar and Tsendbal looked over at the President.

"Very well Oyuun. We have an agreement. Tell their Ministry of Defense that we are able to accept their deal."

"Yes, as once sir!"
Oyuun said, before exiting with Otganbayar. The doors slammed shut while the clacking of her heels down the hallway made itself clear. Yumgaajiin and Tsendbal sat in the large room, just the two of them. Yumgaajiin grabbed his cup and took a long sip of his tea. Lukewarm. He got up and walked over to Tsendbal, leaving his cup behind. Tsendbal stood up, ready at the attention as he came to face Yumgaajiin.

"Tsendbal. I have a request of you."

"Yes sir?"

"Stall the State Khural for as long as you can. We need to formalize everything to make sure that we don't take a PR hit from this. This deal needs to go without a hitch, and I want you to help me with that."

"Yes sir! Is that all?"

"...Not yet. There is...one thing left. I need you pass ordinance to close the border between Sükhbaatar and Yunlin, particularly Gobi. We must follow our foreign policy, and the terrorist groups there jeopardize our very sovereignty and our power-grip on the region. Am I making myself clear?"

"Yes Yumgaajiin. I hear you."

"Good, get on it."

"Yes sir."
Tsendbal said. Without batting an eye he left the room to attend his duties at stalling the Khural and staving off the press. Yumjaagiin closed the door behind him, while looking at the tea again. Lukewarm.
Last edited by AESYRiEL on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AESYRiEL
Bureaucrat

New York Times Democracy

Postby AESYRiEL » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:47 pm

Republican-Held Military Base, Khürman Region, Sükhbaatar
Independence Cell #12
August 5th - 11:00 AM

The base was something of simplicity. Nothing too big, nothing too small. Perfect for the beginning of the Republic. The Republic of Independent Sergelen. Or at least, it seemed so to Naranbaatar. A little bit of upgrading, and this could turn into a real fortification. The banner of the Sükhbaatar went down, and in its place the glorious banner of the Sergelen. The three colors of the flag, orange, grey and white waved proudly in the near-noon sun. Naranbaatar started to look around the camp, almost remember it like it was the old checkpoint that they themselves had holed up in underground, like ants in a woven system. The two Independence Cells were both chatting each other up, as if they were old friends.

HONK! HONK!

The blaring noise of the trucks cut through the chattery noise of the base, as Cell #13 arrived with several trucks of captured supplies and black arms weapons. Stuff that they purchase from the shadiest regions of the country, and the backwater politicians of Sergelen with pounds of money in their pockets. The trucks slid right into the opened entrance of the base, where freedom fighters were pouring themselves drinks and laughing. Tonight would be a celebration. '

Naranbaatar looked over at one of the truck driver. It was Jochi, the radio operator for Cell #13, and a close friend of his. Jochi was a silent one, never one for small talk and never for mincing words, unless he really trusted you. If he had something to say, he'd say it. Jochi practically jumped out of the truck's driver seat once he finally stopped. A load of anti-aircraft weapons. Disposable and cheap rockets in the back. Highly explosive and highly needed for the rebellion. Naranbaatar went over to the back of the truck, where Jochi started to smoke a hand-made cigarette.

"Jochi! Long time no see!"

"Oh hey Naranbaatar! Yeah, it's been a long time since we've chatted. How have you been?"

"Liberating the Sergelen Steppe. And you?"

"Ah, more or less exactly the same thing! Ahaha!"

"Have you heard any news from the East Jochi? Weren't you there to assist in some problems they had in equipping people?"

"Yes, I did. It was...interesting, yet costly."

"What happened over there?"

"The men there did not want a Republic, at least not our army. They held several of us hostage and took all of the weapons we had. I sneaked our in the dead of night,
and found this guy guarding a horse. Cracked his skull open like a walnut!"

"You haven't changed a bit have you Jochi. But why would they do that...it's interesting."

"Their flag was different Naranbaatar. I think they're no longer our allies. They might be influenced by those goddamn Vynozhians."

"Why am I not surprised the fucking Vynozhians can't keep their fracturing state in one piece? Ah, whatever. If the Vynozhians gotta be dragged in, we'll just have to work against them."

"I'm right with you Naranbaatar. Well, I've got a mighty set of weapons here. These trucks looted some military supply stations and took their shit, and now its ours. Anti-aircraft weapons, rifles, SAWs, and a couple of vehicles to top off. Plus you got some weapons here right?"

"Eh, not enough. This place can stand to use a few new fortifications and will do, but they really didn't keep much here. And whatever they didn't take, most of it's destroyed or needs repairs."

"I got a couple of people that can help you out with that. We've got a crew of repairmen to help with the situation. Plus, I hired a few mercs from Yidao to come up and start causing some havoc on the Sükhbaataryns."

"That can definitely work. Come on Jochi. We've got a lot to work on. We've got a Republic to start."

Erdenedalai, Erdenedalai Region, Sükhbaatar
Erdenedalai International Airport
August 5th - 1:00PM

Blam! A single sniper shot rang out from one of the roofs of the city. Bang! Another sniper shot. The Erdenedalai International Airport was surrounded, with onlookers from the innocent street markets and the brick-clad building combined in mesh with the heavily armored People's Guard and Regional Security Administrators. SWAT members and Policemen respectively. The clanking of the soldiers guns and armors made apparent by the relative silence other than the occasional return fire or the mutual sniper fire. The men inside's numbers were dwindling, but intelligence from several recon units reported to the head of the operations.

"Head Altansarnai! Several reports from recon units scouting from the tarmac. Several of the terrorists are reportedly planting what appears to be IEDs around the airport. We got a confirmed bomb over on the Central Courtyard, but their messenger has gone silent. They're not announcing anything else." A conscript said, running up to Altansarnai. The conscript seemed confused and dazed, as if he didn't even expect this to happen. Then again, nobody did. It was a perfect Sunday, the day before work. Who really expected this.

"That'll be all Conscript 41. Tell the perimeter People's Guard to assemble around me. I need to deliver an important message to them."

"Yes sir."

And such, the conscript left the Altansarnai. The winds were shifting, and something about this was...odd. Could it be perhaps the State of Truth? Sükhbaatar always had a way of aggravating them. And the declaration of the State of Truth to be a terrorist organization definitely didn't sit well with them. Is it really them though? But enough idle thinking, the conscript brought over the entire guard.

"Bomb Squad! On me! The rest of you, I need you to listen to me. And I want you all to listen to me. This is a direct briefing from your commanding officer. And I will not be repeating myself! Intelligence from the tarmac from scouts report several IEDs being planted around the airport. I'm sure they mean to bring the entire airport down, along with them and the hostages. We're going to storm in there, while me and several conscripts come escort bomb squadron. The main bulk is to distract them. We outnumber them two to one, and we'll do what we can to free that airport. Follow my lead!" Altansarnai announced, as the rest of the squadron hailed as if they were already victorious. The blood of battle was boiling throughout these conscripts, and Altansarnai knew it.

"Officer Batukhan, I'm giving you command of these men. Give me ten soldiers with me to escort bomb squadron. Report any suspected bomb sightings and whatever you do, do not allow anyone to tamper with those bombs. We don't know what they'll do."

"Affirmative Head Altansarnai."
Batukhan said.

"Soldiers, charge with me!" Batukhan roared, holding his rifle up in firing position while running swiftly to the airport main entrance. His shots would be inaccurate, but they'd definitely act as good suppressive fire. It wasn't long till the guard had stormed the entrance and started making their way in. After all, not exterior guard from the terrorists had come to fight them. The snipers held their positions the entire time, covering the airport. They would have been shot down as soon as the exited. No, they had to be much deeper in the airport.

Meanwhile

The boots hitting against the stone pavement around the was silent enough not to give away the positioning. Bomb Squad reached one of the bomb sites. An integrated bus station.

"Three boogies, I count them. 20 meters from our current position. Bomb squad cannot confirm whether or not the explosives are activated via remote or timed. Either way I suggest we either take it slow or attack swiftly." One of the soldiers said who went to scout the position. Three of them were in the integrated bus station, where one of the supporting pillars of the airport were.

"We're going to take them out as quick as possible. They don't know we're here, they're only here to guard the bomb. Can anyone get a shot on them?"

"Yes sir."
One of the soldiers said, holding up a rifle, squinting his eye through the ironsights of the weapons, his finger ready to squeeze the trigger and send the bullet to slice through the air.

"Take the shot and take one of them down. The rest of you, blank fire on them."

"Affirmative sir."
The soldier said. The explosion from the gun rocketed the sound, and soon the bullet crumpled in one of the terrorists head, while he dropped. One of them held his gun up and started to fire into where the bullet came from, while the other took cover behind the pillar and talked into a radio.

The man who fired was only returned with the deafening silence of bullets, and the third one retreated into the building.

"Bomb Squad! On that bomb! Now!"

They didn't waste any time delaying the commander's orders, and rushed over to the bomb. One of the bomb technicians looked over at the bomb, observing it.

"Sir, the bomb's been activated. These IEDs look like they're constructed with a remote activated timer on them. This isn't the handiwork of some ragtag terrorists.
These guys know what they're doing. It says there's...10 minutes!?"

"These bombs must have all been activated. We need to clear this entire airport within a matter of 10 minutes or this place will be reduced to rubble. Get defusing!"

"On it sir."
One of the bomb technicians said, fiddling with the wires on it, before determining the correct wire and cutting it.

"Come on, we've got to get the central yard. Recon reports another one of those bombs planted on the central. We've got to rush on this. No time to waste on this!"

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents