NATION

PASSWORD

Discovery of Amrenia (MT, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dinosians
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dinosians » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:55 am

To: Windica Corperation

We write to inform you that you are encroaching on Dinosian lands. We urge you to withdraw or we will be forced to take action. Also we are disturbed at how you treat the natives, you will cease these actions at once or pay the consequences.

Emporer Pudu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Emporer Pudu » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:42 am

Colonel Spevak was sitting at the banks of the northern end of the Su Shuang river, he wouldn’t have had to be reclining here had the command pre-fab not been erected yet, but the aircraft transporting the first contingent of laborers had not arrived yet; they had been detained at the airfield at Administration Compound Zero-Three, where the military air controllers refused to believe the pilots when they informed them of the Imperial Trade Company’s clearance to fly. The Company was otherwise expelled from the northern district following the annexation of Tumisium into the Dominate.

Stretching out directly ahead of the colonel was a great straight expanse of the Su Shuang river. Port Tranquility was to be located eventually on the eastern bank of that river, looking down this miles-long stretch of south-flowing river. From here they could command the approach to the port with ease. Kirilo Spevak was sitting on the front hood of his command LV-08, a sort of small armored car, when he heard the massive engines of the A-4 Redoubt transports come droning over the treetops; first it was a low rumble, which advanced rapidly to the point of violent cacophony as the light workhorses of the Imperial Air Force, and in this duty, the Imperial Trade Company, came in for what was sure to be a rough landing on the patchwork airfield cleared outside of the settlement.

Kirilo’s aide, one Stalets Kachalov, addressed him from the drivers seat, where he had been listening on the radio, “Sir, the engineers have begun unloading the pre-fab components, that was the muscle arriving just now,”

“Yeah, drive us over there, Kachalov, I want to make sure the commandery gets a good view.” the colonel, hopping down from the hood to the passenger side, glancing again at the hillock to the north. An office up there would have a magnificent view of the sun over the river in the west, he reminded himself.

"Fiat sir," answered Stalets, pulling the quick little vehicle into a U-turn and rattling their way across the tent city to the airfield.

All around them Comapny workers were disseminating through the ramshackle camp. Only days before this had been a jungle clearing, now the foliage had been cleared back hundreds of yards, over a thousand soldiers had taken up residence, and now many further employees would begin to trickle in as the flow of transport planes intensified.

It had been an objective of Lei Sheng, the Company's executive-in-charge of Tumisium assets, to procure a third land charter following the rapid colonization of the inland expanses of Amrenia, and the extensive waterway linking them together that the western end of the Pudite colony stood at the headwaters of. It had taken a matter of weeks, but intensive campaigning from the Tumisium office had guaranteed action by the board of directors. After that, it was only a matter of time until Mr. Lei received word of his newest charter. Soon, Port Tranquility would dominate the trade throughout the Yu Shuang river system.

OOC: This is a map of Tumisium.
Last edited by Emporer Pudu on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Amrenia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Amrenia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:56 am

The Amreniain Freedom Fighters were being hammered by the Tarsans. UAV patrols often spotted them and a hail of bombs often came down a minutes later destroying the whole area. Already, 2,000 casualties had been suffered. The Freedom fighters decided to go to an unsuspecting territory. The western cubans were not yet set up, perfect place for a base. The fighters walked away toward western Cuban territory, recruiting replacements from the native tribes and colonists as they went.

The freedom fighters also went undercover in a few other territories to the East of the Continent, wanting to open up a new front in the struggle.

Agents of the AFF spread propaganda through the colonies of Emporer Pudu, Onyenu, Sharfghotten and Azazia.

They were calling for a continent wide uprising to liberate the colonies and form an independant Amrenia.
Yes I am a puppet.

Arabiak
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Arabiak » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:17 am

The Arabikan planes reached the area. A total of 400 paratroopers landed in the area. They immediately got ready to cut trees and set up a landing zone for the planes.
http://arabak.myminicity.com/tra/
Oneworld Airline Alliance:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?
Prime Minister:Abu Ahmed Ibn Omar
Vice-President:Abdul Ibn Youseff
Ayatollah:Sheik Ali
President:Abu Ahmad Awwad

-The Republik of Solm
-The Federal Republic of Nazi Centauri
-Greater Americania

Embassy Programhttp://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47027

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:37 am

Lacynost, the Colony of Alcedina Minor in Amrenia
"Today the Imperial Regency Council has granted our colony status of independent province of the Most Serene Republic" Prince Amos said to the cheering crowd on the Square of Alcedines outside the gubernatorial palace of Lacynost. "Although i will remain the governor of this colony you will be allowed to elect your own parliament and given great autonomy from the Most Serene Republic." After saying more about independence, freedom, colonial sovereignity and more the prince entered the gubernatorial palace to discuss the future of the colony with his advisors.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen." The Prince began the meeting, "I understand that we have some things we need to attend to. Sir Utresia if you'd please begin."
The elderly knight and local leader of the Imperial Inquisition began. "Thank you my Prince. As you may or may not have heard the Amrenian Freedom Fighters has expanded their area of operation to all of the continent. We have reason to believe that their troops and agents are now longer restricted to the western part of the continent. As a matter of fact they might even have supporters here in Alcedina Minor."
"Now don't you think you overestimate the power of these freedom fighters a little Grand Inquisitor?" Countess Laeticia Naia, who apart from being the Prince's mistress had little power in the colony, said.
"It is highly unlikely that these freedom fighters are active in Alcedina Minor, Countess." Sir Utresia admitted "none the less I think it would be unwise to ignore them. I don't fear that they can take over the colony or for that matter destabilise colonial powers such as Emporer Pudu or New Amerik. I just advise that we decide how to deal with any freedom fighters now so that we don't have to deal with the issue if and when it becomes a problem."
"What do you suggest then Grand Inquisitor?" Admiral Piodor asked.
"Well we were supportive of the amrenian cause when it was isolated to the western continent and was aimed at Raludica. Now they are however spreading propaganda aiming at overthrowing our own colony. They must be made to recognise Alcedina Minor as property of the Most Serene Republic. If they will not they must be dealt with as any other threat and eliminated as soon as possible." Sir Utresia harshly replied.
"Does anyone think otherwise?" Prince Amos asked looking around at his advisors. None of them seemed to disagree.
"In that case we will follow sir Utresias recomendation. If any amrenian freedom fighters are discovered in Alcedina Minor they must be apprehended so that we can find out what intentions they have with our colony. I will leave that to you sir Utresia, i trust that the Imperial Inquistion will be able to find any freedom fighters that may or may not live in our colony."
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Tarsas
Minister

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tarsas » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:42 am

The Tarsan Colonial Ministry has announced the completion of the Tarsan Fishing Authority. It is a fishing port 40 miles outside the main port of Tarsan. It shall reside over fishing rights for the entire colony. The Honorable Colonial Zeriv arrived today to act as commander of Colonial Military Forces and Governor Ecer Vandor has arrived from Tarsas to govern the colony. His offices are located in the Colonial Ministry Building. The Tarsan Embassy has also set up a site in the colony for communications with other colonies. The population of the colony has recently hit 1,800,000 as 700,000 refugees came from a war Tarsas is currently involved in. More refugees flock in everyday.

River traffic has increased ten fold as a river boat passenger transport company relocated to the colony. The Company brings many jobs. 20,000 Marines have been recruited from the Colonial Populace making the number of troops in the colony at over 50,000.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:00 pm

To: All colonial powers on the continent of Amrenia

On behalf of my government and the Colony of Alcedina Minor VII in Amrenia i would like to congratulate you all with your aquisitions of colonies of this beautifull continent. I am sure that we will all benefit greatly from our respective colonies. In order to secure common prosperity adn development, Peacefull relations with each other, and with the natives, globalisation and overall welbeing of all our colonies i suggest that we establish a suprenational organisation to provide a framework for the relations between the different colonies. I sincerely hope that many of you will support that idea as i am confident that it will bring greatness to the continent of Amrenia.

Yours Truely
His Imperial Highness Amos Alcedina
Imperial Prince and Governor
Alcedina Minor VII in Amrenia
On behalf of
The Imperial Regency Council
The Most Serene Republic of the Quendi
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Emporer Pudu
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Emporer Pudu » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Sergeant Godelik served aboard the Forbearing Nourisher, a fast river patrol boat operated out of Imperial Compound Zero-Eight. Only moments before the Nourisher's bow plowed its way to the top of the water did the sergeant's helmet's forward information display light up the most recently received indication of the illegal border crossers he was deployed to destroy.

As the stainless white craft sped upriver Sergeant Godelik watched the chain link fences and concrete barriers on the Pudite bank blur into a fuzzy line of stone and steel. The bouncing deck ensured that Godelik's hands were occupied with the railing, but just next to him was a heavy machine gun mounted to the forward railing. It was his crew-operated weapon, and the favored method of border enforcement.

It took the boat only a few minutes of cruising before it began to slow, so saturated was the river with these patrol ships that none were too far from anyone who tripped the border alarms. Godelik watched the Pudite bank, gripping the machine gun tightly as the Nourisher eased her way around the last bend in the mighty Yu Shuang; greeting the Pudite warship was a volley of automatic weapons fire, although the sergeant's assailants were too far distant to score a hit. Instantly, the deck of the Nourisher came to life; Godelik and his companion just down the rail, a man by the name of Suleshov, opened fire on the small crowd of indigenous and foreign fighters who had been attempting to cut their way through the chain fence.

Most of the interlopers leapt down into the anti-tank ditch in front of them; a depression behind a high earthen incline that was certainly filled in with rather serious mud. From there, however trapped they may be, they were also shielded from the Nourisher's bullets. A few short seconds of silence descend over the river as the Pudite ship approached the embankment slowly and their targets remained low.

That quiet was shattered by a new hail of bullets, this time from the opposite, foreign bank. Although the port-side gunners immediately responded and seemed to suppress the ambushers, they had managed to do damage. Looking over, Sergeant Godelik noticed the body of Suleshov laying mangled in a heap against the railing only feet from him. The gunner was not distracted, however, by his comrades death. The body would remain there until the firefight was concluded.

It was good that Godelik had not faltered as well, as seconds later both banks, as if it had been coordinated, emerged again and opened fire on the monitor. The deck gun of the Nourisher turned toward the Onyenuan bank and immediately opened fire, sending shot after shot of explosive shells into the thick jungles. Crew serviced machine guns were joined by the remaining crew themselves firing rifles and other personal weapons at the far bank, although there their cover was preserved by the Pudite desire to avoid blowing up their own earthworks with the larger caliber weapons.

For this reason the fighters managed to disable another pair of crewmen before they again gave up the fight. The UAV still operating above the freedom fighters revealed only a half-dozen or so were left behind the bank. It was a siege that the Nourisher settled into for the next few minutes, with marksmen ensuring that the criminals kept their heads down until the heavy drone of the helicopter could be made out in the distance.

At this sign of defeat the freedom fighters crested the bank suddenly, heaving grenades at the Pudite monitor. Most, however, fell short, and half the fighters didn't manage to make it back into cover after they realized it. It was no matter, however; by the time the helicopter arrived the gunners in the sky were greeted by three men, drenched in mud standing at the bottom of a ditch, with their hands raised in the air. The 30mm autocannon made short work of such stationary targets.

The Pudite borders had been closed since the first days of the colonies, and so any foreigner attempting to leave the Free Enterprise Zones, or attempting to cross the border by any other means was to be targeted with lethal force. UAV's allowed for near-complete riverine patrols, reinforced by fast river monitors and attack helicopters based up and down the river borders. Once the infiltrators were determined to be coming from the west, patrols on that border were heightened even further.

Collection operations against the natives were continuing in full force, with an estimated twenty-thousand having been secured and transported out of Tumisium already. Any native unrest was subdued by employing the same debilitating gas as was utilized in those operations, whereupon those indigenous rebels that could be secured were collected and added to the slave tanks. The Dominate would have nothing of the Amrenian Freedom Fighters, as they would soon know very well.
Last edited by Emporer Pudu on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:43 pm

We'd very much like to cooperate with all of you. We suggest that the Colonial Relations Commission be founded and mediate relations between our colonies. Each colony can send a few delegates to the meetings. Tarsas offers to base the headquarters in Tarsan, our main port city, for easy access from air, sea, and land.

Signed
Ecar Vandor
Colonial Governor of New Tarsas

Chazicaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Chazicaria » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:57 pm

OOC: Could someone tell me what's happened since page 7?

IC:

The Chazicarian colony was growing rapidly, over 10 million people lived there now. The Port that was being constructed was opened up for trade and the Chazicarians sent messages to the other factions on the island asking them for their business. The Port of Prosperity was a full fledged port complete with cargo cranes and warehouses, patrolled by about 9,000 Reservist troops.

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:30 pm

OCC: we've been fighting freedom fighters and building.

Dinosians
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dinosians » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:32 pm

OOC: Sorry for the noobish post ealier but I had like 2 minuites to type it up.

IC: The Dinosian colony while busy securing the small island of Xanthu, had caught word of the Freedom Fighter's efforts. The Dinosian colonial government, proceeded to increase immigration security to ensure that the Freedom Fighters remained out off thier lands. At the same time a force of 15,000 Dinosian troops supported by 3,000 troops in the Colonial Army were building fortifications around the city of Randu on Xanthu and a nearby Military base was nearly completed.

Meanwhile the CEO of ScythaCorp, the leading arms manufactuer in the Dinosian Empire, signed a document granting them access to 4 plots of land across the colony to build factories. This would create around 15,000 new jobs for the colony's population of around 30,000.

Arabiak
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arabiak » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:33 pm

The Paratroopers finished setting up a dirt landing strip near the northern river. The weather was pretty hot but the Arabikans were used to such weathers. They ignored the heat and hurriedly got the airstrip into working conditions. It was not very long so only medium sized cargo planes could land but with the river nearby there maybe a chance for landing sea planes. A few engineers were sent off to check if the river could be landed on safely.

The air patrol noticed that the simplest way into the Arabikan colony was via the river entrance from Azazian land. This report was sent to the field commander in charge of the new colony,who sent a message to Azazia's leaders for permission to use the river for access.
Code: Select all
To:The Colony of Azazia

We would request permission to access the rivers located in your colony to reach our own colony located in the centeral of the island.

-The Republik of Solm
-Greater Americania

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:44 pm

OOC: sorry to intrude but couldnt find an OOC thread if there is one ? but i know there not much space on the map left so are you guys willing to take on an invading force ? ill leave if you dont i promise no GMing and no Uber Tech and such simple MT :) whos up for a little War ? :P
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

Xiscapia wrote:In Soviet Archland, OH SHIT FRANK IS BEHIND YOU!

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

Emporer Pudu
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Emporer Pudu » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Of The Arch ilands wrote:OOC: sorry to intrude but couldnt find an OOC thread if there is one ? but i know there not much space on the map left so are you guys willing to take on an invading force ? ill leave if you dont i promise no GMing and no Uber Tech and such simple MT whos up for a little War?

OOC: This is a current map for your reference. Also, if you could, knock off the smilies.
Last edited by Emporer Pudu on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arabiak
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arabiak » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:56 pm

OOC:My colony will be slightly harder to hit if you wage war. As you can see,we got mountains and Arabikans love mountains. Maybe a very painful war if you decide to go on. This land isn't exactly easy. Plus due to the fact most of the other colonies have had time to build up,you'll hit a wall of resistance but if you can last with maybe allies or something then your good to go. A nice war would spark some new things.

-The Republik of Solm
-Greater Americania

Azazia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Azazia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Northern Settlement
Despite the awkwardness of the name, the site of Northern Settlement was progressing. Connaught walked just beyond the outer perimeter fence, a series of concrete barriers topped with barbed wire, sensors, and remotely operated machine guns. Thus far, the Juichun had proved to be polite, if both unintelligible and circumspect, in their dealings with the Company. Initial Oceanian forays into the indigenous flora and fauna had been aided by the braver of the Juichun.

Of course, the time would likely come when some elements of the Juichun would take umbrage at the slow but steady annexation and colonisation of their land. While the territory under the control of the Oceanian West Amrenia Company was officially claimed, like most other colonies, the interior remained vastly underpopulated and undeveloped—but in time that would come. For already the military outposts were becoming nodes of exploratory activity. And as Connaught reflected on the communique in his hand, he saw Northern Settlement or some future urban settlement in the vicinity, becoming a hub for transport into the northern interior.

Sometime earlier, the mercenaries had observed cargo aircraft flying over Company airspace en route to the northern interior. While they were unable to determine the origin or affiliation of the aircraft, they were likely either Western Cuban or Arabiakan—for they had no other means of reaching the interior. And so shortly after the planes had disappeared, a message had reached Northern Settlement with a request to navigate the Proulx and Amritsa Rivers.

Connaught walked around a corner and saw in front of him the vastness of the ocean in the distance. Immediately beneath him on the shoreline were warehouses constructed from local timber—some of the imported parts had been found defective during a storm, costing some tonnes worth of grain. Between the warehouses clouds of sandy dust rose into a largely unpolluted sky as lorries rumbled past carrying crates and supplies to and fro.

Northern Settlement was for now the key transfer point for traffic further upriver. Surveys and soundings of the river had cleared the Proulx for ocean freighters another hundred or so kilometres upriver. However, at that point, the colony was nothing but forest. River traffic required barges, but the only site to transfer ocean-going cargo to barges was in the protected harbour of Northern Settlement.

From the port of Northern Settlement, barges could travel as far upriver as the newly created military outpost of Portage. Rapids prevented barges from moving any further upriver; and cargo would have to be transported overland for a few kilometres until clearing the rapids. The garrison at Portage secured that travel route from potential threats while the engineers maintained the rudimentary rail equipment that shuttled goods from one end of the rapids to the other. A canal system had been authorised, but that would take months to complete.

After being transported overland, a new fleet of barges and river monitors could sail east to Outpost Aartsma and then sail a southerly route along the Proulx or a northerly route along the Amritsa. Thus far the Amritsa appeared the more easily navigable as more portages were needed to travel up the Proulx. Again, the Company had authorised more canals but the Arabiakans and Oceanian settlers wanted access now.

And so later in the afternoon, Connaught would relay a message to the Arabiakans that they could have access to the Proulx and Amritsa Rivers to transport goods and supplies to and from their colony. The agreement would benefit both parties; the Arabiakans would have easier access to their colony while the Company would see a boom in transport-related services at the various settlements along both the Proulx and Amritsa. After all, sailors and passengers would need food and supplies along the way. Tugs would need fuel and repairs. Portages would require transfer equipment and personnel.

Outpost Lapointe
Bourchard looked away from the map before him and scratched his beard. Despite promises of fresh razors from Northern Settlement, none had arrived. The captain glanced over at the clean shaven lieutenant standing before him. Seamus Kennedy was old enough to grow a beard—at least more than likely—but Bouchard was hard-pressed to understand how he kept his face shaven.

Kennedy watched the senior mercenary turn away from the map, obviously distracted. And then the captain scratched his beard, prompting Kennedy to smirk. "Sir, I can get you a new blade if you want one."

The rugged-looking officer threw the clean-shaven subordinate an inquisitive glance. "How?"

"I have a contact back at the Settlement. We operate, shall we say an exchange of sorts."

Bouchard sighed. "I really do not want to know." The two men stood in silence for a moment. "How much?"

"Early rotation back to the Settlement."

"Done." Bouchard once again focused his gaze on the map. "So, you are watching the west-southwest perimeter, no?"

Kennedy nodded. "Correct, sir. Thus far the border has been quiet although we did observe some movement across the river. We originally thought them to be Raludcian soldiers until they crossed into Tarsas just across the river."

"These Amrenian insurgents?"

Again Kennedy nodded. "Perhaps so, sir. For perhaps not so coincidentally our patrols have been receiving increasing reports of insurgent rubbish left behind for our settlers and the local native population."

"Rubbish?"

"Leaflets, posters, food packets, general propaganda, sir."

Bouchard stepped away from the lieutenant and walked over to the glass panel that served as the sole window out of his makeshift command centre. Lapointe was a defensible position and had been reinforced with static emplacements to better defend against native attacks. Pelican and Cormorant flights had contributed two infantry fighting vehicles to boost his heavy weapon support.

However, if the insurgents managed to establish a foothold in the region as they appeared to be doing south of the Senechal, than the southern portion of the Oceanian colony could become destabilised. Bouchard brought his fingers to his throbbing temple. And after rubbing his headache, the fingers drifted down the side of his face to his itchy beard.

"Very well. So long as the threat remains purely at the level of propaganda we can deal with such a threat. After all, this is supposed to someday be a pluralistic society. In the interim keep me informed and I will pass this on to the Settlement. And if there is nothing else, please, Lieutenant, find me a damn razor."

Message to Arabiakan Government
Greetings,

On behalf of the Oceanian West Amrenia Company, I am Director-General Parker Connaught, chief administrator of the Company's claim. Indeed, your current colony is a most unfortunate geographic predicament. However, both myself and the Company's board of directors agree that we can come to a mutually beneficial resolution of your problem.

We will allow the Arabiakan Government to transport goods and supplies to her colony via the Proulx and Amritsa Rivers. Such transport would naturally require the transfer of goods from ocean-going freighters to river barges at the Company's Northern Settlement. And then at another mid-river, the goods will need to be transferred to another barge that can sail at least as far as the Western Cuban border.

Beyond the Western Cuban border, the Company has no say in granting permission to navigate along the waterway. But we are confident that the cooperation provided by Western Cuba in settling the territorial dispute between your governments can ensure the right of river travel along both rivers.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Sincerely,

Parker Connaught

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Official Western Cuban Territory

The first people moved to the colony in Amrenia. 50,000 people were being moved to a town in the mountains. Close to the disputed border. The current plan of the city is just making houses in the mountains. Sections of mountains were being blown off so that the ground would be diagonal. A decent formation for houses in the mountains. Then the first military lines were built around the city. An additional 50,000 soldiers made a defensive line around the city. Much of the colony was still not explored yet so most people didnt even attempt to dare to go outside of the city. Fearing that beasts lived in the surronding mountain side.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Windica
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Windica » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Dinosians wrote:

We write to inform you that you are encroaching on Dinosian lands. We urge you to withdraw or we will be forced to take action. Also we are disturbed at how you treat the natives, you will cease these actions at once or pay the consequences.

To: The Dinosian Colonial Government

The Imperial Government had recently moved Psyriph, then still under Imperial control and in your'land', to the mainland. Now, we made it our capital, therefore you do not have reason to attack us. Also, the natives ransacked our villages before we have taken control; we are just giving them what they gave to us. We will concede, however--we shall only forcibly remove the natives, and no more slavery and killing shall continue. However, for those already enslaved, they shall continue to be enslaved.
The Far-Reaching Holy Empire of Windica
Cartographer General of Absolution
Factbook-My Political Compass
Overseas Territories(MT)
Imperial Autonomous Domain of Windican Antilles
Imperial Autonomous Domain of Windican India
Autonomous Facilities of the Empire
The International University of Windica Academia
The Corporate Republic of Windica Corporation

Dinosians
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dinosians » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:23 pm

We apoligize for our misunderstanding. To make up for it we would like to offer a trade between our to colonies. We have access to silver, if you have something of value to us we may be able to negotiate a deal. Again please pardon our misunderstanding.

Windica
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Windica » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:48 pm

To: The Dinosian Colonial Government

We can only offer spices for trade, and if that would suffice, we will be very glad to trade with you. Also, we will be importing some Manila hemp from Windica for trade; is this fine with your government?
The Far-Reaching Holy Empire of Windica
Cartographer General of Absolution
Factbook-My Political Compass
Overseas Territories(MT)
Imperial Autonomous Domain of Windican Antilles
Imperial Autonomous Domain of Windican India
Autonomous Facilities of the Empire
The International University of Windica Academia
The Corporate Republic of Windica Corporation

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 pm

An organized Colonial Ministry mapping project has painstakingly mapped every settlement, city, and River Terminal in New Tarsas.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Governor sat behind his desk smoking a cigar. The rebels had been driven out. The UAV crackdowns had worked like a charm, though a significant tract of forest had to be leveled. It became farmland, quadrupling output. A new major city had sprung up, promoted from a humble settlement after 50,000 people moved in. The population was now 2,400,000. People were flocking to the prosperous colony to work and the Colonial Ministry had been ordered by the Premier to set up recruiting offices for the military. A Colonial Bank had recently opened holding the Governor's purse. It had 2 trillion dollars in it for the Governor to spend on whatever he saw fit, providing he gave detailed reports on what he spent it on. With a defense budget of H$141,500,053,094.40, Tarsas had the money to hand out. Trillions of Harkans had been invested into the colony and it was now seeing a massive return.

The Military had already completed several bunkers encase they were ever needed. Revolution was stamped out of the people's minds starting with their children, which were taught to be loyal to the Tarsan Government. The Public School system had taken full root with at least 3 public schools in every settlement and dozens in cities. The iron industry had exploded after it was found that the iron supply was massive. The vein was huge, extending up north. The majority of the deposit was in Tarsas territory though, Mining colonies sprung up over night as the mines expanded after it was found how big the deposit was. These colonies were quickly classified as towns. Cities up north began to get massive Foundries and refineries that made thousands of tons or iron into steel every month utilizing the vast coal deposits also present in New Tarsas. Massive mining machines and deep mining tunnels dot Northern New Tarsas as vast amounts of iron and coal are extracted. Recently, oil was discovered out in the oceans attract oil tankers and several oil rigs have been erected. An oil refinery has been built on land. Unfortunately, the deposit will only last about 30 years due to it's small size.

Several large plots of land had been terraformed for the construction of a massive factory complex to produce war machines, shells, guns, and vehicles. The complex also had civilian applications like TV manufacturing and auto manufacturing. The complex is near the sea port to prevent pollution in the pristine forests of the north other than what mining brings. Construction has begun and the sheer size of the complex means the job will take about 7 years, Thousands of workers have been hired or brought in to work on the complex. It is estimated this complex will create 30,000 new jobs. Many people find employment in the Colonial Defense Force, which has finally received training to equal that of the regular army. 120,000 men all recruited from citizens of the colony now serve to defend the colony with honors. General Arthur Mactier now commands the colonial forces, replacing the former commander. 3,000 other colonists serve in the TCN (Tarsan Colonial Navy). It utilizes mainly patrol craft and doesn't have very many large vessels. It is also tasked with defending the rivers and regular patrols go up and down the rivers.

River traffic has increased ten fold with the opening of a road network that reached every city and settlement and a rail network that reaches every major city. New River Port Terminals have opened with links to the rail lines and roads to get goods into the barges. Tarsan is now a massive city with over a million people calling it home. The city contains many factories, foundries, refineries, homes, businesses, and practically anything you could want. The actual port part of the city is massive with millions of tons of goods going out everyday and numerous ships going in and out. Shipyards have been opened in the city capable of constructing fifteen ships at a time. The shipyard could build warships or civilian ships. Right now, it is only building container ships, ore freighters, and oil tankers. The rail network has many trains going up and down it each day after all the major cities received a train yard to unload, store, and repair trains.

At this point, any threat from the natives has ceased. After the defense force defeated their attack and killed thousands of them during their uprising, they have quited down. The government has humbly apologized to them for this massacre and paid them all an incentive. They have quieted down and settled down. Any that still attack the Tarsan settlers are arrested and sent to work camps, which were built to replace prisons. After serving their time, they are freed and placed on house arrest in a government provided apartment and educated to become a citizen. They are taught English, the main language of Tarsas, and taught to work and to read and write. After that, they are integrated into becoming a citizen. If they go back to their old ways, they are sent back to the work camps this time to work in the mines for a decade. Then the process is repeated. The third offense is the final one. The offender is executed by firing squad. This system has successfully integrated the natives and many have become productive citizens of Tarsas. Only the deepest and mostly untouched forests by the border of Western Cuban territory contain natives that stick to the old ways, and that area is quickly being taken over. Already, 300 native warriors had died from the estimated area population of 4,000. Explorers with troop escorts made short work of any attackers.
Last edited by Tarsas on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:40 pm

Tarsas wrote:Reply

We'd very much like to cooperate with all of you. We suggest that the Colonial Relations Commission be founded and mediate relations between our colonies. Each colony can send a few delegates to the meetings. Tarsas offers to base the headquarters in Tarsan, our main port city, for easy access from air, sea, and land.

Signed
Ecar Vandor
Colonial Governor of New Tarsas

To: Governor Ecar Vandor

Alcedina Minor VII in Amrenia is happy to hear that New Tarsas support the establishment of a organisation to better understanding between the different colonies. We therefore accepts Tarsas offer to house the head quarters for the CRC. Hopefully more colonies will be willing to join this organisation.

Sincerely
His Imperial Highness Amos Alcedina
Governor of Alcedina Minor VII in Amrenia
Nation RP name

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:59 pm

Dear Colonies,

We humbly invite all of you to participate in the Colonial Relations Commission's first meeting. Each Colony may send two delegates and we can meet to encourage good relations between our colonies. Trade agreements, military defense pacts, and much more can be discussed here. We also need to discuss how we would deal with invaders trying to snatch our claims. The nations here own these claims and no nation has the right to take them.

I hope you will attend!

Sincerely,
Governor Ecar Vandor, Colonial Governor of New Tarsas

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:19 am

On behalf of the Colony of Alcedina Minor VII in Amrenia I, and my advisor Baron Undo will attend the first Colonial Relations Commission sumit in New Tarsas. I hope that the meeting will be interesting and that we can agree to a founding charter of the CRC.

Sincerely
His Imperial Highness Prince Amos Alcedina
Governor of Alcedina Minor VII in Amrenia
Nation RP name

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents