NATION

PASSWORD

American Summit (The New Earth Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The United Continent of North America
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Continent of North America » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:07 pm

"Allow me to address the the contents of the ship on behalf of mister Wulff, seeing that is statements as of so far this discussion about it have gotten us nowhere" Prime Minister Tremblay began, gesturing the aides to pass binders around the room. The binders, adorned with the emblem of the CIA, were thick being filled to the brim with reports and information concerning the ship and its cargo, as well as UFIN's efforts to arm the Edafosans. "After all, the ship in question is of American origin, is it not? So it is only natural we would provide our two-cents into the matter" he said, providing the minister with a piercing stare. "I believe it would be best for the individuals here to read over what we have compiled before continuing".

The truth of the matter was more complicated. The Prime Minister and the majority of the highest officials in the American government understood immediately following the capture of the vessel the ramifications of Edafos gaining advanced weaponry and perhaps WMDs both strategically and in the minds of the global public. After confirmation from the CIA that Edafos now possessed four low-grade nuclear devices and their own in depth investigation of the ship, the agency became tasked with covering up the Scandinavian's mission, at least temporarily. The CIA's efforts over the past several days has been monumental. Numerous stolen reports of the other intelligence agencies allowed to investigate the ship as well as real documents, shipping records, and images were located about the ship, only then to be reinforced with fabrications concerning former jobs American, tasks, crews, even repair and refueling schedules in an effort to cover up The Fatherland Party's mistake long enough for a peace deal to be created. The ramifications of such a cover up would be addressed and dealt with later, for now getting Isar out of Aelanias and back to Scandinavia was the largest priority.

"As you can see-" one of the PM's aides began after a pause. "-the ship, known as the Atlantic Cruise before being captured in the early 70's, was a multipurpose vessel, mostly tasked with carrying various cargoes and hazardous wastes across the Atlantic. With the modifications seen when comparing the original blueprints and the ship following capture, the ship would be ideal for carrying various arms" he explained. "High altitude photographs taken above Edafos and the Arabian war zone indicate that the arms that were, and are, being received were various of Scandinavian and Nowistranan designs. I do not know what else you propose was on that ship mister Ahmed, however I must stress that Scandinavia is being truthful" the he concluded before the PM turned his attention to Wulff.

"Returning to the topic of Morocco, what would it take for a Scandinavian withdrawal from Morocco, mister Wulff? I presume the Fatherland Party desires something else besides simply the release of Izar Fritzsson, am I correct?"
Behold the Canadafest Destiny!
One day we’ll rule the world. Then you’ll all be sore-y, eh?

The Scandinavians
Attaché

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scandinavians » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Wulff needed to pause for a moment, being briefly overwhelmed by the Aelanian and American response to his statements. He took some comfort in knowing that the two super powers at the table would back him up with his claims here, perhaps giving Scandinavia cover long enough for Izar to be evacuated and the Arabian crusade to reach its climax. What was becoming the thorn in his side were the Aelanians. To his confusion they refused to give up any ground despite not only his statements regarding the ship matching that of the Americans and the pleads of the Gibetans.

"Slandering another representative at the literal negotiating table is no way to bring compromise, your highness" Wulff said, his frustration with the despot becoming increasingly visible. "I am here because unlike many from the Fatherland Party I believe in the concepts of having the common decency of wishing to avoid catastrophic bloodshed on a global scale" he said, pausing to take a few puffs from his cigarette before continuing. "I have granted you the ship's dossier and have expressed our terms regarding Morocco, however if you are so determined to refuse to negotiate I fear this meeting here today was as needless as the upcoming conflict you are so willing to commit to."
Last edited by The Scandinavians on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gibet
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:10 pm

The Kaiserin pinches the bridge of her nose, squinting softly. She clears her throat, glancing between the Aelanian Empress, Herr Wulff, and her own associates.

"Might I suggest that we take a moment to collect our thoughts; clear the air, so-to-speak? It's quite clear that we cannot come to an accord at the moment, and I believe that the fresh Quebec air would do wonders for the stress I'm sure we're all feeling."

She was quickly becoming agitated by the incessant back-and-forth between all the parties involved in the little debacle that had been the seizure of the Scandinavian vessel. It was abundantly apparent that neither side had come here today with intentions of bargaining. It was either the Aelanian's defiantly opposing what they saw as European intervention in purely-African affairs, or the Scandinavian's claiming that they were merely doing the same thing everybody else was. It was an abysmally dizzying mess of political grey areas. She'd wanted so badly to just avoid all the red tape and give the army the go-ahead. To take the fight to the very gates of the Edafosan menace.

That was what Rudi would have done. It was what they all should have done, decades ago, when they had the damn bastards by the balls.

But this wasn't the world of the last century. They had to play nice, to smile and shake hands with the devil.

"Personally, I could use a break to freshen up."
Gott Mit Uns!

The Scandinavians
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scandinavians » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:22 am

Wulff placed down his cigarette and leaned far back in his chair, the boiling frustration still dominating his thoughts and facial expression.

"Yes" he replied to the Kaiserin's intervention to cool the situation in the room. "I suppose fresh air would be good right now" he said leaning upright again and gesturing one of his aides for his hat.

"I would also have a word with Stockholm."

Gibet
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:51 pm

Elsa offers a nod and a soft smile once the Scandinavian agrees to an adjournment. No doubt, Stockholm would refuse to budge on the issue--and since Aelanias would most likely do the same, she could see the writing on the wall. All she would need was confirmation from her Egyptian counterpart, and this otherwise pleasant trip to the homeland of her American compatriots would be brought to a forgone close.

The Kaiserin rises from her seat, joined by the staff around her, straightening her coat, and finishing her glass of water. The others begin packing up their files, save for Wolff. The UAF man remained in his chair, seemingly reviewing the dossiers before him. It was clear that he was becoming uncomfortable, especially once the subject of a brief respite had been broached.

"Your Highness," Elsa gestures toward the Aelanian Empress, "I do hope you would be kind enough to join me so that we might discuss the severe weight that this conference's outcome carries."
Gott Mit Uns!

Aelanias
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelanias » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Ahmed reluctantly gathered his files, visibly worried that the outcome of this summit was worse than even he anticipated. The Empress on the other hand was not surprised, the Aelanian military had been preparing for this war ever since the Stockholm Conference was called for, and compromising any further would only delay the inevitable.

"Your Highness, I do hope you would be kind enough to join me so that we might discuss the severe weight that this conference's outcome carries."

Madalyn stood up and looked at the Elsa. "Of course" The Empress was still unsure if the Kaiserin understood the position Aelanias was in, it seemed like everyone still viewed the UAF as the aggressors, and if they're going to come out of this in one piece, the Empress needed to maintain this alliance.

The Scandinavians
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scandinavians » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:36 am

Chateâu Grounds

Proceeding the call for a brief break by the Kaiserin Wulff swiftly exited the room with almost blinding speed, with him and his personal guards pushing pass the press and media camped outside the meeting room doors. As his aides struggled to gather their materials together or prepare for the next seating Wulff stepped outside, barely taking time to acknowledge his surroundings before walking towards an isolated area of the Chateâu grounds.

He sat down on a bench facing the river that the resort sat upon to catch his breath, pausing to collect himself while his guards ensure that he would be free from any American listening devices or the watchful eyes and ears of the press. After recieving confirmation from his guards of his privacy he stood up and prepared to call Stockholm, whom were likely already aware of the abrupt conclusion to the first round of negotiations.

"Min Lederen" Wulff said with as much formality that his voice could demonstrate over the phone. "I am sure you're already aware of the situation."

SFF Odin, 2km Outside Moroccan Territorial Waters

Admiral Sigismund stood patiently on the observation deck of the SFF Odin, the largest aircraft carrier in Scandinavia's possession and pride of the Krigsvagnen.

The recent turmoil between the Nordic reinvasion of the Orkney Islands and the crisis nearby in Morocco had been a welcome break from the monotony his position entailed in recent years, giving him and the navy as a whole the excuse to flex Scandinavia's naval capabilities in ernest. The reconquest of Finland had been left largely to the devices of the airforce and army with the navy only serving in an auxiliary role. As such these past few weeks while being almost gruelling, entailling almost constant military exercises off the coast of Morocco, have provided the first real and exciting opportunity for the navy to demonstrate their capabilities. While Sigismund had assumed the exercises would only need to be done for intimidation in order to put the fledgling UAF in its place, more recent events have forced the fleet to prepare for a possible greater struggle. As the world watched the event unfolding in Quebec his fleet were making their possible final preparations for a deployment to Morocco.

A helicopter, adorned with the Moroccan flag approached the Odin flying out from the mainland. As it prepared to land Sigismund stepped back inside the command deck and gaining the immediate silence and attention of his officers.

"Inform the agent the Moroccans have arrived" he said neutrally, hiding his unease at having inferior North African stock on board his vessel.

Soon after the helicopter's blades came to a halt an agent of the FOFP, followed closely by Sigismund, stepped onto the deck as the Moroccan representatives exited their aircraft showing visible signs of exitement for their meeting with Morocco's newfound supporter.

"Herr Ajiid I presume?" the agent said with a smile in English, analyzing the higher ranked of the two men closely as he approached them. An awkward moment briefly took place between the men almost immediately as the Nords provided the Party salute over the handshake the Moroccans attempted to reach for, catching them off guard. English would serve as the language of the dealings to avoid the Moroccan's inevitable butchering of Nordic to, at the very least, avoid potentially insulting their newfound supporters.

"That is correct" Ajiid replied, his English skills lacking in comparison to the agent but ultimately still understandable. "We are to discuss the final formalization of our two nation's alliance, yes?" he said with confidence, unaware of the other cogs turning beneath the surface.

"Of course!" The agent replied openly, outstretching is arms to put the representatives more at ease. First things first however, we will need you to formally agree to the terms we have agreed upon. But not out here of course, let's go inside. This sun and heat is dreadful" he said gesturing the two men to follow him inside.

The Treaty itself was deceivingly innocent. In exchange for Scandinavian pledges of support in order to protect Nordic interests in the North African country, the Moroccans would allow for basing and military rights for the Scandinavians, supposedly to allow the Nords to better protect them. Nordic intentions almost stereotypically are more complicated with whatever outcome reached at the summit in Quebec working in their favor. Should negotiations fail Scandinavia will be able to immediately deploy in North Africa, and should they succeed in making peace the Nords will have easy access to acquire would could be considered an "interest" before withdrawing with what could be considered valuable.

"I assume you have read the terms completely over, yes?" the agent asked as the individuals entered the ship's superstructure.

"Of course, we have examined your offer thoroughly" he replied as the group entered the much cooler interior of the aircraft carrier.

"Excellent, excellent" He said stopping after the door closed behind them. "Before we sign anything however, we wish to give you a tour and inspection of our ship. To demonstrate both our ability to assist and protect your nation."

This was a ploy for time. The negotiations in Quebec had still yet to fail, and until Stockholm declared Nordic participation at the summit concluded the agent would have to stall the Moroccans.

Chateâu Grounds

"Remember Wulff, the Fatherland Party is prepared for either outcome. While peace would be preferable we are in a position to act almost immediately" Svansson said with surprising calm about the situation. "As we speak I can almost guarantee that the other parties in the conference are aware of this. Therefore aim for peace, but be prepared for the likely inevitable outcome so we emerge as the party of reason."

"Yes, Min Lederen. It shall be done."

Gibet
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Chateâu Grounds
Quebec

As the conference breaks, the Kaiserin departs ahead of her staff, leaving them to attend to the formal matters of documenting the first round of talks. Her small security detail had made certain to bypass the majority of the press, though she did pause for a moment to permit a photograph. After all, there had been a surprising turnout from the UCNA citizenry whose ancestors were of Gibetan origin. At one point in time, there had been a deliberate and tremendous effort on the part of the Federation to call their prodigal sons and daughters back home--Volksgibetische, as it were, Gibetans regardless of citizenship. Nowadays, it was the general consensus that if they had wanted to be in the homeland, they would have been already.

She had marveled for a moment at the speed with which the Scandinavian representative had scurried off, presumably to have his word with the Fatherland; no doubt with a minor clinching of his own ass cheeks at having to report on the stagnation of the talks with his beloved leader. Granted, fear was still respect, and the relationship between fear and respect was one that she could appreciate as a leader who, in her own right, had her share of an obsession with idolatry. And the Fascists had damned near written the book on the use of propaganda and mythos surrounding figureheads.

Elsa had made good on her request that the Aelanian Empress join her on their break, sending Politkommissar Kovacs to show her the way. The Kaiserin takes a moment to appreciate the countryside, the woodlands of Quebec were marvelous--reminding her of the forests back in the Federation. The Grunewald was not unlike this land, the banks of the river here echoed those of the Havel. Perhaps, in their own way, those Gibetans who had opted tostay here so long ago were content with these subtle reminders of home. She withdraws a silver cigarette case from her jacket, taking the opportunity away from the cameras to smoke. Officially an undesirable habit in the Federation, it was nonetheless not explicitly forbidden. But it simply did not do for the Kaiserin to smoke in public.

The conference, as sure to fail as it might be, was still an important stepping stone on the long path ahead. As young as she was, Elsa recognized that perceived failure here would cast shadows not only on the reputation of the Federation, but also on her own aspirations and legacy. She waits for the Aelanian to join her, finishing the cigarette.
Gott Mit Uns!

Aelanias
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelanias » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:15 pm

The Empress rushed out of the room trying to avoid the press, surrounded by security as always. She never understood why the Americans let the press so close to government officials, but that was a complaint for another day.

Chateâu Grounds
Quebec

The Empress was overwhelmed by how beautiful the location was, much better to look at than Aelanias, it's almost incredible how the UNCA has yet to invade half the globe despite their resources. She finally picked up her pace as she spotted the Kaiserin.

"I don't know if you've ever tried sweet tea, but it's actually very nice." It was obvious to her that Elsa was not going to be happy with her decisions during the conference, but just in case she decided to play dumb, hoping her intentions were already clear.

Gibet
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Chateâu Grounds
Quebec

The Kaiserin offered a curt, but pleasant enough, smile when Empress Madalyn arrived, nodding for Kovacs to leave them. She acknowledges the Aelanian's attempt at pleasantries, going so far as to admit that sweat tea--while markedly different from the more traditional namesake of Europa--was a suitable substitute for water. Nonetheless, Elsa wastes little time in cutting to the point.

"It is fast becoming clear that the Americans are perhaps a little too idealistic in their hopes for what this conference can achieve." She crosses her arms, hands locking in at the elbow. "There would appear to be several opposing ambitions at play; for Arabia, and for Africa as well."

She sighs heavily.

"I cannot afford to show weakness in the face of the UFIN, least of all a member state so close to my own doorstep. I have made it clear time after time that the Federation will standby Aelanias, and the United African Front, but we have to recognize who the true enemy here it." She gesticulates with her right arm, a semi closed fist being flung about. "Do not forget that Edafos remains the true threat, not only to yourselves, but to Europa also."

Elsa straightens her posture, taking on an aura of self-surety, smirking somewhat, she continues,

"Empress Madalyn, surely you can understand that I must put on certain airs when amongst the more peace loving Americans." The Kaiserin almost appears to sadden, as though anguished. "Complacent as they have become, it would do us no justice to see ourselves lose their support. However, they will surely see to reason. They must. And we have prepared for the outcomes we expect, no?"
Gott Mit Uns!

Aelanias
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelanias » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:11 pm

Chateâu Grounds
Quebec

The Empress sighs, relieved to hear her planning was not wasted effort, she looks around to make sure they're still alone before speaking.

"Yes, although I do find it deeply disturbing how trusting Prime Minister Tremblay is in the Scandinavians..-"

the Empress pauses briefly, choosing her words carefully before continuing as to not let her nerves get the best of her.

"As you said, there are clearly opposing ambitions at play, and a firm hand must be shown. Morocco's treachery has only escalated as of late, fixing it 'diplomatically' is proving to be impossible, I guess that much should be expected in these times. Anyways, we are going to need a clearer line of communication moving forward, this is not the time or place for a debriefing."

She glances at the entrance to the meeting hall frowning, even after Minister Wulff admitted that there was a preemptive strike being coordinated, that still was not enough to change anyone's mind. She was beginning to believe the Americans know more about that ship than they claim. After briefly being lost in thought she decided to break the awkward silence.

"Forgive me for my impatience, Empress Elsa, but now that we are on the same page I think it'd be best if we accepted that this summit is a waste of time. Wouldn't you agree?

Gibet
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gibet » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:57 pm

Chateâu Grounds
Quebec

The Kaiserin listens patiently, intently, to Madalyn as she discussed the internal affairs causing more than their share of grief. Indeed, Nordic intrusions into Morocco were worrisome, but given the proper amount of convincing, she was confident that the Empress could make those unruly north Africans see the proverbial light.

"I believe that, if we were to work cooperatively, the problems facing Morocco would be solved quick enough. After all, it's quite clear that their current administrators have fallen under the spell of the so-called 'United Front'. They have attempted to prostitute their peoples to the greed of the Fascists in Stockholm, and clearly, it must fall to the head of the UAF to bring their wayward brothers back into the fold." She smirks, crossing her arms again. "It is sometimes necessary to burn the field to restore the vitality of the soil, so that future generations of crops may prosper."

Elsa takes another cigarette in her hand, striking a silver lighter and taking the nicotine in deep breaths. Madalyn was a quick learner, and an obvious asset to Federation plans for the Mediterranean, Europa, and beyond. To the Kaiserin, this Egyptian queen was very much a mirror of herself, and provided with the proper nudging, was sure to fall into line with an emerging third front. She exhales softly, smoke dispersing into the otherwise pristine Canadian air.

"As for this conference, we both know it was only a show to save face for the peace loving parties that be. They can go home and say they tried, that 'those warmongering Europeans' would have no other way, and their public will adore them for it. But when they lay their heads down at night on their soft pillows, they will forget that it is we who must stand the line. That it is the Gibetan, the Aelanian, the Arabian, who must stand at the bulwark against the Fascists, the Edafosan heathens."

She crushes out her cigarette, tossing the unsmoked half off to the side.

"I believe it time to consider crescent rose, and time for me to return home."
Gott Mit Uns!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents