NATION

PASSWORD

The Immortal Pathogen OOC Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auman
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Wed May 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Sennai wrote:heh heh...it's mostly a trying not to anger the larger tougher more millataristic nation beside me, the Alliance isnt a millatry focused natin, it has a good army and fleet but wouldent match the Huerdaen in open warfare it'd be a decent fight but they just dont have the capability for that sort of thing. the focus maily on electronics and holographic interfaces for a good electronic systems advantage while their weaponry is fairly basic. they could use lasers and plasma and all that jazz easily enough..just they found their current weapons to be effective enough.. that and they're too busy searching for their founders and the concept of going on the offensive doesnt appeal to them since last time they did it only their founders stopped themselves from wiping one another out in a MAD situation.

A sort of tacked on Edit...someone keeps tabs on me? O_o never thought i was that important.

There are plenty of people in the universe willing to help you, all it takes is a phone call rly :3
IBNFTW local 8492

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Wed May 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Auman wrote:
Sennai wrote:heh heh...it's mostly a trying not to anger the larger tougher more millataristic nation beside me, the Alliance isnt a millatry focused natin, it has a good army and fleet but wouldent match the Huerdaen in open warfare it'd be a decent fight but they just dont have the capability for that sort of thing. the focus maily on electronics and holographic interfaces for a good electronic systems advantage while their weaponry is fairly basic. they could use lasers and plasma and all that jazz easily enough..just they found their current weapons to be effective enough.. that and they're too busy searching for their founders and the concept of going on the offensive doesnt appeal to them since last time they did it only their founders stopped themselves from wiping one another out in a MAD situation.

A sort of tacked on Edit...someone keeps tabs on me? O_o never thought i was that important.

There are plenty of people in the universe willing to help you, all it takes is a phone call rly :3

IT'S A TRAP.

Join Legion. We're at least open and honest about our methods. Not like those "oh we're good guys, scouts honour" people in Hermes. They're about as trustworthy as Paris Hilton promising celibacy. :)
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Wed May 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Hey man, we're totally trust worthy. When we say we're going to do something, we do it. Or sometimes we do it without saying anything at all. We also don't have legs for arms and arms for legs.
IBNFTW local 8492

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Wed May 12, 2010 5:32 pm

Auman wrote:Hey man, we're totally trust worthy. When we say we're going to do something, we do it. Or sometimes we do it without saying anything at all. We also don't have legs for arms and arms for legs.

Oh really? I'm still waiting for that Aumanii "liberation" rampage you promised us a couple months ago!
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Wed May 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Morningstar Coalition wrote:
Auman wrote:Hey man, we're totally trust worthy. When we say we're going to do something, we do it. Or sometimes we do it without saying anything at all. We also don't have legs for arms and arms for legs.

Oh really? I'm still waiting for that Aumanii "liberation" rampage you promised us a couple months ago!

It's on the way.
IBNFTW local 8492

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Wed May 12, 2010 5:55 pm

See, the wonderful thing about that is now that the Xiscapians have contact with you, they're aware of Huerdae, and with the IC "Sickness" thread they're now aware of the Rethast. Between the Danaversians at home and all these madcap hijinks here they're going to start getting pretty edgy about things...maybe to the point of demanding that they know exactly where everyone stands in relation to each other... ;)
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Wed May 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Xiscapia wrote:See, the wonderful thing about that is now that the Xiscapians have contact with you, they're aware of Huerdae, and with the IC "Sickness" thread they're now aware of the Rethast. Between the Danaversians at home and all these madcap hijinks here they're going to start getting pretty edgy about things...maybe to the point of demanding that they know exactly where everyone stands in relation to each other... ;)

That's one of the advantages of having a military and political alliance with a stellar nation who has access to a rather extensive surveillance network in the Milky Way galaxy.
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Wed May 12, 2010 6:57 pm

You can call it a surveillance network, I'll call it what it really is: Consorting with thugs, terrorists and war criminals.
IBNFTW local 8492

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Wed May 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Auman wrote:You can call it a surveillance network, I'll call it what it really is: Consorting with thugs, terrorists and war criminals.

...if it's for information, then yes, it is a surveillance network, irregardless of where that information comes from.
Last edited by Xiscapia on Wed May 12, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Wed May 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Auman wrote:You can call it a surveillance network, I'll call it what it really is: Consorting with thugs, terrorists and war criminals.

I resent that! We in the Morningstar Coalition are most certainly not thugs...

Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Wed May 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Note that he hasn't denied being a terrorist or war criminal. :D
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

Sennai
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sennai » Thu May 13, 2010 1:38 am

For some reason none of this makes me feel safer from invasion....
just depends who from and what form :lol:
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")

Dramatic Dashie
Sen system Alliance Factbook
My Little Soviet's, Communisim is Magic.

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Thu May 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Hello ladies and gentlemen, Telros here, with an update about Legion. Due to some conversations I’ve had and the general trend I have seen on NS and in IRC chat, I’ve discussed with Huerdae and Rethan and compiled something for your general knowledge. This, of course, concerns Legion.

I’ve been getting the impression that people seem to think Legion is quite public and open, that it’s like any other alliance. This is not quite the case, and here is why.

Legion is a secret alliance that had its beginnings with the alliance between Huerdae and Rethan, back when Rethan was just your somewhat typical dictatorial, militaristic state. When he left to deal with his RL hiatus, Huerdae began his now-known rampage of expansionism.

Then Rethan did a false flag operation, where his Rethast, who had by now changed into the viral beings we all know and love and obliterated their colonies to make everyone think they were dead, returned a small portion of their people as the Downcast Remnant. They built up resource reserves and constructed ships, while getting more resources from nations and alliances like the JSA. When the time came, they revealed themselves, declared the JSA foolish and weak and basically declared war and left. No mention of Legion was made there.

And throughout all of Huerdae’s battles or conquests, no mention of Legion was made either.

Now, Brewdomia, aka the Arullans, are known about due to the message, but any idea of what they look like, ship or people, is only known to those who went to the meeting site. So any idea of who they are at the battle going on in Vipra is not quite clear yet. Also, it is not yet known or even been discussed in any fashion ICly that they are in Legion.

Now, Rethast ships have been identified attacking systems all over and harvesting them, the strange aliens did come in to aid them in the battle in Vipra’s nation, and Hornopolis has seen actual Rethast, but only him. So information on Rethast is growing, but no information on Legion is existent ICly.

Finally, there is the Legion thread on NS, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49248, there if you wish to check it out. This is not IC information, this is OOC information but put in an official looking format. So if someone wants to know what Legion is about and who is in it and what positions they have, etc, etc, it is there. Otherwise, this is purely OOC information and to claim use of it ICly without some form of evidence of it being revealed in a thread or of OOC permission from Rethan or Huerdae is using OOC knowledge IC, which is A Very Bad Thing. ™

Now, if you can contest this if you wish, but it will require hard proof of some thread mention of Legion being spoke of. And it can’t just be something like “The Admiral knew that Legion…” or something the narrator would say. We don’t all hear the imaginary narrators, since if we did, we’d want to shoot ourselves at the nonstop talking we’d hear. It has to be dialogue that was stated. Or if OOC permission was given to know this ICly. At this point, however, Rethan and Huerdae both agree that no one should know Legion exists.

It is not a public alliance, you have to work to get into it. Clamp got in as a planned result of the Drawing Unwanted Attention Thread, Brew from interaction with the Rethast in his Reawakenings Intro thread, again something he planned and agreed to, and I joined due to having known the Huerdaens ICly for some time, been allied with them for some time, and even aided them on several operations. We all asked to join and were given spots. I imagine Ketarov had similar circumstances.

So, in closing, Legion is not public, and its existence is not something that should be known. Rethan is known to exist and when the battle in Vipra settles, it will be known that they have allies. But any talk of Legion being known is using OOC info, which is frowned upon.

And I swear to god, if I hear “but my spies found out about it!” I will beat you to death with a flounder.

Auman
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Thu May 13, 2010 8:58 pm

But my spies.......
IBNFTW local 8492

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Thu May 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Auman wrote:But my spies.......

*kills Auman with a flounder*

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Thu May 13, 2010 9:39 pm

A very good post Telros and one that should be remembered. OOC knowlege is a lot different than IC knowlege.
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:27 pm

Updated with new threads, plus did some resorting. I'd also like to inform the people who were asking, I have basic entries and stats for Grigori and Nephilim in my factbook now. Link in sig.

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:13 am

Updated threads in the first post. A lot of these weren't completed so much as apparently forgotten about, so if you want to revive a 'completed' thread, TG me or just post in one relevant to you.

Furthermore, given the slow movement of the Righteous Suffering series of threads I'm setting myself a deadline. Come the 1st of January 2011, the Rethast will ICly have disappeared into the Gamma Quadrant to regroup, rearm and stay quiet. Any threads with them currently active (such as the Righteous Suffering threads) will be considered history threads. (For Terraius, this includes our pre-planned conflict. In my timeline for the Pathogen it will occur prior to our disappearance and will occur at the same time as the Righteous Suffering threads).

At that point I'll begin roleplaying as the Kelthan to keep myself occupied, giving people plenty of IC time to forget about the Rethast or consider them nought but Myths. Members of Legion, the Priory or the Syndicate can maintain contact with the Rethast, but only heads of state will be allowed contact them and that information must remain classified under penalty of well...pissing the Pathogen off. If the term 'Heads of State' doesn't apply to you, (such as hive minded people), then just don't tell anyone we're still alive. The Kelthan will be operating as a borderline PMT/FT society with no method of FTL in the beginning.

As for threads I'm currently in, I'll have to assume certain things. None are rock solid and can be retconned later if the threads continue and things change.

• In Only the Righteous Will Suffer, both Grigori will be defeated and the Harbinger Weapon will activate successfully. Because there's a chance the thread will continue, I won't detail the exact methodology of the weapon yet. Dantalion dies being a general moron and trying to take on four fleets by himself. Sammael gets caught in an explosion attempting to retreat using Inertialess FTL travel, veers off course, deactivates his Field to re-assert direction, sees planet, says a more educated form of "oh fuck", slams into a planet (that's noted for myself more than anyone else).
  • In Embrace Oblivion, all Rethast forces are destroyed on the ground (save for a few Downcast broods left inside the cities as Cyber Utopia requested for more interesting future situations) and in orbit, though Amon's emergency pod escaped with his CorpseForm, his actual 50km ShipSelf is obliterated.
  • In Light Extinguished Valefor is seriously wounded, but survives, Huerdae conquers Dead Snow's planet and the Prospera nation ceases to exist.

If anyone has any objections, please raise them here or TG me as you see fit.

Xarem
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xarem » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Nice factbook, just reading made me want to go to war with you. Hell i even imagened a post i could make if any of my soldiers ever get on one of your ships, its quite psycologicly disturbing and nearly all my peeps get killed by walls
I RP as highly advanced squids in space, got a problem with that?
A bigger version of my flag can be found here, please check it out when rating my flag
the denonym for my people is skree, xarem is our planet
A woefully incomplete factbook, any comments/critiscism would be much appreciated

Ekilion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekilion » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:18 am

Xarem wrote:Nice factbook, just reading made me want to go to war with you. Hell i even imagened a post i could make if any of my soldiers ever get on one of your ships, its quite psycologicly disturbing and nearly all my peeps get killed by walls

Don't Necro thread.
Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25855
Ekon: We try to avoid getting ourselves genocided
Premislyd: ^First time I've ever heard that

Proud member of TSAR. By way of Indentured servitude to the Vipran Imperium.
"We're never going to survive unless we get a little bit crazy"

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents