NATION

PASSWORD

The Immortal Pathogen OOC Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Ekilion wrote:
Techno-Soviet wrote:
Rethan wrote:
Ozymos wrote:On the subject of which, is the hit you took out on MO and myself with Red Talons still valid?

Yes, yes it is as far as I am aware, as he is unaware ICly that the Remnant = the Rethast. : D

Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa.

Lol

I think seeing a squig would be worse though

I didn't know squigs could wear wedding dresses. o _ O

Also, rethan you can has scouting invasion thingy of me pl0x?
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Techno-Soviet wrote:I didn't know squigs could wear wedding dresses. o _ O

Also, rethan you can has scouting invasion thingy of me pl0x?

Do you want me to invade you? Awww. Of course you can. I mean I can. I mean.... Yes. In fact, I'll be nice and give you my first named Grigori as a 'scout'. Catch me on MSN and we can talk all about your coming demise....I mean, uh....

*innocent smile*
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Updated with all currently active threads.

Techno-Soviet, I should have a thread up for your invasion thingy soon enough now that my direct involvement in The Coming Sickness is wrapped up and I have ships free.

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Invasion! *Dances around fire* Yeeeaah!

Hey, Rethan, does your "Immortal Pathogen" stick around when all the Rethast leave? Would I have to "purge" Purgatory? With guns? Or TNT?
4/11/11

Magna Omega
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Hornopolis wrote:Invasion! *Dances around fire* Yeeeaah!

Hey, Rethan, does your "Immortal Pathogen" stick around when all the Rethast leave? Would I have to "purge" Purgatory? With guns? Or TNT?

Or a vaccine? :p
"Nuts." ~General Anthony Clement McAuliffe

Old Erisia wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:I wish I had that cube thing from Animorphs that gives you the power to "acquire" creatures, and that it was in a safe, secret place where only I could access it and where it was completely protected from destruction.

Granted, but you stay in gerbil form for too long and can't change back. You are then put in your father's rectum during one of your parent's "kinky nights"

Station 12 wrote:I'm never going to die.

You can all remember me for my lack of dyingness.

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Magna Omega wrote:

I don't think my nation can create and push an effective vaccine to the population fast enough.

*Throws poke-ball at Magna Omega and it sucks him up* Look Ash! I caught a Magna Omega!
4/11/11

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Hornopolis wrote:
Magna Omega wrote:

I don't think my nation can create and push an effective vaccine to the population fast enough.

*Throws poke-ball at Magna Omega and it sucks him up* Look Ash! I caught a Magna Omega!

I can help devise a vaccine. I could try to post in the thread my scientists working back in my territory if that's OK with Rethan and you. If not then...well, there you go.

Old Erisia wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:I wish I had that cube thing from Animorphs that gives you the power to "acquire" creatures, and that it was in a safe, secret place where only I could access it and where it was completely protected from destruction.

Granted, but you stay in gerbil form for too long and can't change back. You are then put in your father's rectum during one of your parent's "kinky nights"

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:58 pm

That would probably work with you sending a scientist or two to Purgatory in the follow up thread for the purge of Purgatory Magna.
4/11/11

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Magna Omega wrote:I can help devise a vaccine. I could try to post in the thread my scientists working back in my territory if that's OK with Rethan and you. If not then...well, there you go.

You can if you so desire, but with the weaponised form (which is what you're exposed to) there are failsafes in place against vaccines. But it's only a test run, so it is possible. In fact, given time (and if everything goes according to plan) you won't need to devise a vaccine, but that's not yet a definite....

Hornopolis wrote:Hey, Rethan, does your "Immortal Pathogen" stick around when all the Rethast leave? Would I have to "purge" Purgatory? With guns? Or TNT?

The Immortal Pathogen is wherever the Rethast are. It's the overall name for the greater organism that is the Rethast, from each individual virus right up to the Reikslords and Nephilim. So no, it doesn't. No Rethast, no Immortal Pathogen....Oh you meant the virus. God I'm stupid.

Yes, it does. When the Rethast get collected, only the proper ones are picked up. Downcast are left behind (unless we see a particularly interesting strain which can be used as a weapon), which can be killed much easier (again, depending on the strain) than a regular Rethast. They still have organs for the most part. The virus can also survive on surfaces or in the air for prolonged periods of time, especially wherever that nasty "webbing" of mine is. Fire, however, will deal with the First Generation bio-weapon just fine. So depending on how much trouble the Downcast cause you, simply walk in armed with flamers and burn everything.

Magna Omega
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Hornopolis wrote:That would probably work with you sending a scientist or two to Purgatory in the follow up thread for the purge of Purgatory Magna.

Just let me know when the thread is up.

Old Erisia wrote:

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Rethan wrote:
Magna Omega wrote:Fire, however, will deal with the First Generation bio-weapon just fine. So depending on how much trouble the Downcast cause you, simply walk in armed with flamers and burn everything.

gogogo flamethrower tanks?

Ekilion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekilion » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Techno-Soviet wrote:
Rethan wrote:
Magna Omega wrote:Fire, however, will deal with the First Generation bio-weapon just fine. So depending on how much trouble the Downcast cause you, simply walk in armed with flamers and burn everything.

who doesn't have flamethrower tanks
Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25855
Ekon: We try to avoid getting ourselves genocided
Premislyd: ^First time I've ever heard that

Proud member of TSAR. By way of Indentured servitude to the Vipran Imperium.
"We're never going to survive unless we get a little bit crazy"

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:53 pm

I don't...

I use Kythons instead.
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Balrogga wrote:I don't...

I use Kythons instead.

wat

Rethan wrote:Updated with all currently active threads.

Techno-Soviet, I should have a thread up for your invasion thingy soon enough now that my direct involvement in The Coming Sickness is wrapped up and I have ships free.

yaey
Last edited by Techno-Soviet on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cypra Mundii
Envoy

Founded: Apr 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cypra Mundii » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:25 pm

Well if your interested in getting rid of Purgatory if it's deemed impossible to recover the station for whatever reason, what about this?

I send two cruisers, one armed with Torpedoes, the other with a Nova Cannon. The one with the Torps fires a missile or two directly at the center of the station so it opens a hole for the one with the Nova Cannon to fire a Rift Shell right into the hole and upon detonating, creates a singularity that sucks in the entire station into oblivion after a few minutes?

No I don't carry those warheads as standard issue, in fact, this would be an experiment.
Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=42568&p=1751821#p1751821
Favorite Quotes:

Phenia: Real men don't use lube when raping physics.

Techno-Soviet wrote:
Rethan wrote:Yes, yes it is as far as I am aware, as he is unaware ICly that the Remnant = the Rethast. : D

Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa.

Ekilion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekilion » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Cypra Mundii wrote:Well if your interested in getting rid of Purgatory if it's deemed impossible to recover the station for whatever reason, what about this?

I send two cruisers, one armed with Torpedoes, the other with a Nova Cannon. The one with the Torps fires a missile or two directly at the center of the station so it opens a hole for the one with the Nova Cannon to fire a Rift Shell right into the hole and upon detonating, creates a singularity that sucks in the entire station into oblivion after a few minutes?

No I don't carry those warheads as standard issue, in fact, this would be an experiment.

I carry those shells as standard issue for my 1 Nova cannon equipped ship(6 ish rounds) (also I have a couple gatecrasher missiles that are smaller versions of them)
Last edited by Ekilion on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25855
Ekon: We try to avoid getting ourselves genocided
Premislyd: ^First time I've ever heard that

Proud member of TSAR. By way of Indentured servitude to the Vipran Imperium.
"We're never going to survive unless we get a little bit crazy"

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Techno-Soviet wrote:

I use Kythons instead.

wat

Think Necrons, but way worse. Definately way worse.

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Rethan
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:07 am

Balrogga wrote:
Techno-Soviet wrote:

I use Kythons instead.

wat

I still don't think that covers it. : /

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:35 am

Ekilion wrote:
Techno-Soviet wrote:
Rethan wrote:

I don't, I have soldiers for that.
4/11/11

The Ctan
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ctan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:16 am

Balrogga wrote:
Techno-Soviet wrote:

I use Kythons instead.

wat

This probably depends on the necrons in question.
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."
Want to get in touch? Direct Discord Link

Ozymos
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:27 am

Ekilion wrote:
Techno-Soviet wrote:
Rethan wrote:

Considering this is a space station we're talking about, tanks is abit excessive. Unless Horn wants it destroyed, in which case I will offer the services of HMS Bismarck and HMS Tirpitz to annhiliate it through kinetic fire.
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:58 am

Kinetic fire may leave derelict debris with virus particles. I suggest crashing the thing into the nearest hot (Venus, Mercury day-side, Io, etc.) uninhabited planet at low speed.
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:20 am

Ozymos wrote:
Ekilion wrote:
Techno-Soviet wrote:
Rethan wrote:

Considering this is a space station we're talking about, tanks is abit excessive. Unless Horn wants it destroyed, in which case I will offer the services of HMS Bismarck and HMS Tirpitz to annhiliate it through kinetic fire.

I remember reading an RP long time ago where they actually used tanks in a boarding action. This was years ago.

Ordering lunch

Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:23 am

Balrogga wrote:I remember reading an RP long time ago where they actually used tanks in a boarding action. This was years ago.
Damn. I was planning on doing that to some of the people who have multiple-kilometer ships because I thought it was creative. Now I feel cheap and lesser for just following in someone else's footsteps.

Though, maybe if I could get a full-scale battle across the hull of a starship, it would be fun.
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:24 am

Huerdae wrote:Though, maybe if I could get a full-scale battle across the hull of a starship, it would be fun.

Osage did that to me on the Mars boards back in th day. Teleported an army to the hull of my ships. Most of the ships just burnt them off but the more sporting ones deployed their own troops to fight back and make captives.
Last edited by The Ctan on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents