NATION

PASSWORD

The Immortal Pathogen OOC Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Magna Omega
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Omega » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Well the IFMO is not yet officially involved. We have not amassed any forces yet.
"Nuts." ~General Anthony Clement McAuliffe

Old Erisia wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:I wish I had that cube thing from Animorphs that gives you the power to "acquire" creatures, and that it was in a safe, secret place where only I could access it and where it was completely protected from destruction.

Granted, but you stay in gerbil form for too long and can't change back. You are then put in your father's rectum during one of your parent's "kinky nights"

Station 12 wrote:I'm never going to die.

You can all remember me for my lack of dyingness.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:42 pm

then why did you tag the thread horn? I can handle my self perfectly, if you wont stand with me so be it. I guess I'll just have to show the balls around here. While every one is running around with their heads afraid of the big bad "Huerdaen fleets" I'll be prepping to show them up with my own -Big- bad fleets.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Zensufi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zensufi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:45 pm

The Fedral Union wrote:then why did you tag the thread horn? I can handle my self perfectly, if you wont stand with me so be it. I guess I'll just have to show the balls around here. While every one is running around with their heads afraid of the big bad "Huerdaen fleets" I'll be prepping to show them up with my own -Big- bad fleets.

Sorry, I know this really isn't the place for it, but I've been watching the main IC (awesome by the way) and all this talk of fleets, etc. got me curious, how exactly do you work out populations in FT?

I know, a rather inane question, apologies again for cluttering the thread.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Your mileage may vary, icly I claim a pop of 328 billion -HOWEVER- I go by my nation page to figure out how many ships I can have the general guideline around the place is a 1000 ships per billion, and since I am essentially 14 billion I can have 14,000 ships. -that- being said not everyone follows that guideline exactly again your mileage may vary. I keep my fleet numbers bellow 3000 to give myself quality, (more investment in fewer ships with higher tech) so they are generally nastier individually than a nation who has a fleet double the size of mine at the same NS page population.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:48 pm

The Fedral Union wrote:then why did you tag the thread horn? I can handle my self perfectly, if you wont stand with me so be it. I guess I'll just have to show the balls around here. While every one is running around with their heads afraid of the big bad "Huerdaen fleets" I'll be prepping to show them up with my own -Big- bad fleets.

That's rather offensive, i'm not afraid of his fleets, I'm afraid that he'll get past mine and enter my systems reaking havoc on my peoples. I do have balls and I will defend my space, this war will not benefit my nation if I go on the offensive right now.

I was going to post how the you whent against my orders and assembled an attack fleet.
4/11/11

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Relax its all in good fun, besides my nation acts unilaterally when it see's fit, the JSA doesn't have to support -anything- I do. It was the members decision to help. Also don't you have a sensor system ? and I would think your commanders are smart enough not to contribute the entire fleet to an operation.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Ekilion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekilion » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:56 pm

My fleet could be 4000 ships (my NS page says 2.something billion but due to 4 months of being unable to access the website my nation got knocked off and the pop didn't grow (it should be around 4.4 billion))

My actual fleet has around 600 ships but most of these are massive (4 or so of my ships rivals most fleets)
Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25855
Ekon: We try to avoid getting ourselves genocided
Premislyd: ^First time I've ever heard that

Proud member of TSAR. By way of Indentured servitude to the Vipran Imperium.
"We're never going to survive unless we get a little bit crazy"

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:57 pm

The Fedral Union wrote:Relax its all in good fun, besides my nation acts unilaterally when it see's fit, the JSA doesn't have to support -anything- I do. It was the members decision to help. Also don't you have a sensor system ? and I would think your commanders are smart enough not to contribute the entire fleet to an operation.

I am relaxed, just wanted to clarify my reasonings. Elaborate on the sensor system please TFU.
4/11/11

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:59 pm

I thought you had a long range sensor system to scan ships or FTL signatures?
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:01 pm

The Fedral Union wrote:I thought you had a long range sensor system to scan ships or FTL signatures?

Oh! Thats what you meant... Yes I do... I would suppose, its not exactly what you'd call a sensor system though.
4/11/11

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:09 pm

See if you use that, and your fleet you should be fine, all you need to contribute is a few fighters not capital ships, I got a bunch of caps I need to figure out what to do with now in the briefing. But I have a plan.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Frankly, after having an msn conversation with Huerdae about things, I don't think rping with him will be a profitable enterprise, I wont sling crap on here but I just don't think it will go any place. Simple as that. I'm just gonna have the thread locked (by the way Huerdae My plan was to distract your people with those ships on your "border" not send them in to your system, but you had to make assumptions and fly off the handle at me, so have fun.)

@Edit: And for your information Huerdae, -I- do know how to rp and I don't appreciate you talking to me like you did.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Having them on the border will do nothing. Yes, I'll probably put more ships on standby, but I run patrols anyway, so....how would that do anything?

Your concern needs to be the home fleets. The War Fleet that is generally kept on half-active around my heartland colonies, one of which is Rethan. If you bring a massive fleet, or even a significant number of small ships, you're going to see battleships, cruisers, and possibly even a Dreadnought. This isn't the game we agreed to play.

I'm willing to play the game, as I explained to the others involved. I simply want to see some restraint.
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:52 pm

You badgered me with insults and expected me to be hunky dory rping with you. Then you said I don't know how to rp , so why do you care leave it alone? I'm obviously not worth your time.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Huerdae
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Alright.

I accept your decision. Thanks for choosing quickly.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:00 pm

AAAAHHH! Two days after my ebil plot is revealed and there's drama. Okay, seeing as this is getting awfully confusing, I'm going to ask people TO NOT POST until I have read through everything and edited this post accordingly, thank you very much.

Magna Omega wrote:Now since this technically isn't a ful fledged war yet, mind if I shoot you all a proposition? I got this idea from the game Mass Effect if any of you have heard of it (ICly my nation is based off of Mass Effect). Now if not a massive intergalactic war, how about a "conflict" similar to the human conflict with the Geth in the game. See, in the game the humans are atacked by the Geth and have several major engagements with them along with fighting holdouts. It could possibly be like constant hostilities between the Rethast and the JSA with constant skirmishes, battles, and firefights in space and on outposts. I'm sure you get the point. Just a suggestion.

Why does that cursed game Mass Effect keep cropping up everywhere in my RPs and nation design? This is a joke.

Yes, that is what I had intended. The Rethast are kind of....massively outnumbered right now, and aren't about to go throwing themselves full force into a war just yet. The intent is for anyone in the JSA (or anybody, really) who needs a bad guy can come to me. The Rethast are being cagey and manipulative right now. In time I'll be spreading a plague, watching it, making it better and so on so forth, with brief skirmishes as we try to mess up things galaxy-wide. I have other plans, but I'm keeping my cards close to my chest right now.

Now, to anyone with the scouting, expeditionary/whatever fleet, you are not going to find the Rethast, or at least not their Nephilim fleets. They've only just entered the galaxy and spend the vast majority of their time in Slipspace travelling between lifeless systems and so on. What you will find, however, is their influence and their 'diplomatic' Relayships. But if you cause havoc for the Huerdaen you may find yourself staring down a Grigori, so consider yourselves warned.

Ozymos wrote:Alright guys, let's keep this civil please. It's only the Rethast, at the end of the day.

You'll pay for that one.....*mumblemumblemumble*

The Fedral Union wrote:Rethan I'd like to join in your thread if at all possible?

I'm afraid you got there too slow. I've already got my planned slots filled up and a 'representative' of the JSA. There will be plenty of events for you to get in on.

Also, if anyone has disagreements and reservations about RPing with someone, keep it to yourselves. That's what TGs are for. There will be plenty of opportunities for people to do things, and plenty of involved parties to RP with if all goes well. To those partaking in the UTAs expeditionary fleet, the person you'll want to talk to OOCly is Huerdae, as the Rethast don't have a 'domain' or any planets or systems. It's the Huerdaen (and Telros) you'll be bothering, not me. But cause enough noise and I will get involved.

I'd really rather not have this all come crashing down so near the beginning because of OOC disagreements or misunderstandings. This is what MSN and IRC are for. For those without MSN, I actually have an IRC channel on irc.esper.net, channel #NSLegion. I was bored one day and it's still active so... yeah.
Last edited by Rethan on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Ozymos
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Alright guys, let's keep this civil please. It's only the Rethast, at the end of the day.
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Rethan I'd like to join in your thread if at all possible?
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Hey Rethan, need assistance from another nomadic nation that can cause fear and terror?
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Ozymos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Rethan wrote:AAAAHHH! Two days after my ebil plot is revealed and there's drama. Okay, seeing as this is getting awfully confusing, I'm going to ask people TO NOT POST until I have read through everything and edited this post accordingly, thank you very much.

On the subject of which, is the hit you took out on MO and myself with Red Talons still valid?

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:27 pm

My above post is updated, please read everybody.

Balrogga wrote:Hey Rethan, need assistance from another nomadic nation that can cause fear and terror?

Yes, help is always wanted. I don't actually have your MSN, but it's in my profile so add me and we can talk something out. : D

Ozymos wrote:On the subject of which, is the hit you took out on MO and myself with Red Talons still valid?

Yes, yes it is as far as I am aware, as he is unaware ICly that the Remnant = the Rethast. : D
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Ozymos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Rethan wrote:
Ozymos wrote:On the subject of which, is the hit you took out on MO and myself with Red Talons still valid?

Yes, yes it is as far as I am aware, as he is unaware ICly that the Remnant = the Rethast. : D

No, he does. We've spoken.

You know, one day i'll stop skim-reading and actually read stuff.
Last edited by Ozymos on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:45 pm

Rethan wrote:

Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa.
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

Ekilion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekilion » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Techno-Soviet wrote:
Rethan wrote:

Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa.

Lol

I think seeing a squig would be worse though
Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25855
Ekon: We try to avoid getting ourselves genocided
Premislyd: ^First time I've ever heard that

Proud member of TSAR. By way of Indentured servitude to the Vipran Imperium.
"We're never going to survive unless we get a little bit crazy"

Huerdae
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Ekilion wrote:I think seeing a squig would be worse though
Nah. You can train a squig. (Kinda)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents