NATION

PASSWORD

War of Hegathian Aggression (Aurelius Members Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

War of Hegathian Aggression (Aurelius Members Only)

Postby Velucana » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:14 pm

In his ever growing hunger to expand the Ideals of the Republic to the rest of Hammerfell, Grand Chancellor Nazir, has set his gaze towards the Kingdom of Gilane. He gathers his forces and prepares for war against King Azand.

Begin

Siochains
Attaché

Founded: May 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Siochains » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Genral Arvik arranged his forces into 2 colloums after getting orders to move out.

Army comp:

3250 heavy infantry.
Weopons: Scimitars, throwing spears and longswords
Armour: Steel Armour, Body length steel shields and a leather padding beanth.

Archers: 1500
Weapons: Longbows, Steel arrows and scimitars.
Armour: leather armour and very small roumd leather shields.

Catapults:50
Crew armed with: handaxes, steel daggers and small shields
Armour: The Hammerfell Garb.

50: Apprentice conjuration mages
Armed with steel daggers
Armour: Apprentice mage robes

150: mounted scouts.
weapons: Scimitars
Armour: reinforced leather armour and round hide shields.

They march through the ha,merfell countryside.

The United Native People
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Native People » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:48 pm

"My lord, I sense a storm brewing in Hegathe. Our spies report that they have built siege weapons!" reports Captain Haeken.

"Relax, Captain, Hegathes army couldn't even put a dent in our walls. A decade ago they were the laughingstock of Hammerfell, do you really think they have the potential to defeat our army?" chuckles King Azand

"Um, no sire. You are right, forgive me for my foolishness"...

As Hegathes army marches forward, an exhausted Redguard comes limping towards the army. He looks wounded with blood gashing down his leg. He raises his arm to get their attention.

Last edited by The United Native People on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyumbria
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyumbria » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:10 pm

The Armys orders are to take shady grove and finally Gilane its self. As they Yomp across Hammerfell a bloodied redguard stumbles in front of them.

Genaral Arvik- HALT

The army comes to a stop and the General speaks directly to the redguard

"Who are you"

The United Native People
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Native People » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:37 pm

The redguard limps his way over, "I'm..i'm Azzatu!" the redguard cries out in pain, "We were ambushed! Highwayman jumped us, my wife and child are there!" the man shrieks, "Please you got to help me!"

Siochains
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Siochains » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:19 am

"You could be trying to lead us into trap" Arvik shouts back. "Prove that you are not."

The United Native People
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Native People » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:57 am

The Redguard looks back at his leg before limping towards Arvik. "You see, my wife and child are there, you need to help!"

The Redguard realizes his plan has been foiled darts away.

The Mighty Scottish empire
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Scottish empire » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:08 am

This is siochains i hate this glitch

As the man approches dozens of bows are drawn back whil Arvik raises his shield and draws his sword.

"Halt or we will shoot"

The United Native People
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Native People » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:51 am

The redguard immediately stops on command.

"I-its not what it seems like" the Redguard pleads. Trying to convince them to spare his life, he throws down his steel dagger.

Siochains
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Siochains » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:19 pm

The Genral nods to the redguard

"Arrest him"

4 Soilders come forward with some rope and attempt to apprehend him.

The United Native People
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Native People » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:39 pm

"I-i don't think this is necessary!" says the redguard before being bound in rope. "Tu'whacca preserve me" he mutters.

IN GILANE

"My lord, I have made preparations for any potential invasion." Captain Haeken declares, "Wooden barricades have been set up in rows of ten to surround our city."

"Are you that nervous of a Hegathian invasion, Captain? You really think they have an interest in Gilane?" King Azand questions.

"With all respect sire, worrying for the safety of Gilane is my job; i can't just leave it unprepared for attack."

"Er, sure, do what you must, but I still think your overreacting."

"I think his actions are very reasonable," states Azands brother, Raccerick, " We can't just neglect the safety of Gilane and her people. But of course, only a true king would acknowledge this."

"Your a fool, brother, you think you can run this kingdom better than I can, well your wrong I tell you! WRONG!" Shouts a hotheaded Azand.

Siochains
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Siochains » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:02 am

After that redguard incident on the road the Army makes camp for the night setting up tents, making watch shift, cooking, eating and drinking.

A terrible storm sweeps in and soaks the poor guards on watch but everyone does mange to het some sleep.

They should arrive at Shady grove tommorow noon.

The United Native People
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Native People » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:53 pm

IN GILANE CASTLE

The storm can be heard from almost anywhere in Gilane, the loud crackle of thunder reaps its way into the castle. While most of the court is asleep, someone who remains awake is King Azand.

The king walks into the throne room along with three mages in destruction robes. They make their way through the keep, and stop as they reach a locked door. "He's in here," whispers Azand. Azand then unlocks the door with his key.

They look to a bed, where Azands brother Raccerick is sleeping. One of the mages pulls out an Intentionally dull iron mace. The other two jump in and grab Raccerick by the neck and pull him out of his bed.

"Damn you!" he shrieks. He tries to get to his feet, but only to be zapped by the two's sparks. The sparks stop, but are replaced by a mace pounding against his ribs. He is then zapped.

He falls to his knees exhausted. He looks up and realizes Azand standing in front of the door. "You!" he hisses enraged.

"Watch who you talk to! Guards, give it to him!" Azand commands. And so they do ; They zap him once more until he passes out.

Raccerick is dragged off to the dungeon . "No one shall stand in my way, not even Raccerick." Azand says to himself.

Siochains
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Siochains » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:38 am

The storm finally passes and the army prepares to break camp.

It takes them 15mins to do so but when there ready the arrange themselves back into two colloums. They start to yomp further away from hegathe and closer to Gilane bit they would stop and take the town Shady Grove.

The United Native People
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Native People » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:13 am

A young redguard farmer is walking through Shady Grove. I'm glad I left from Rihad. Too many guards suspicious of your every action there. Thankfully we don't need any here. No crime, no soldiers, no nothing. Nacheal thinks to himself.

Ironically an hour later, two massive lines of soldiers. He freezes up as he drops a basket of leeks. He summons the courage to run to his horse and screams "We're under attack! We're under attack!" not that the town could do anything about it. He saw more soldiers than they're were citizens in Shady Grove.

As he looks behind him, he sees the banner of the Hegathians Republic. He knew he just had to run.

After hours of galloping away from Shady Grove, he sees the City of Gilane. The City was a sight to see. Tall walls with secure archer towers atop. His horse pulls back as he reaches the wooden barricade. A guard comes by and confronts him. "What business do you have here kinsman?"

"My village was attacked by foreign invaders." he replies urgently, despite not knowing the exact fate of Shady Grove.

"Come in, King Azand will want to hear about this," the guard turns to the city, "Open the Gates!"

Nacheal dismounts his exhausted horse and follows the guard as he leads him through the barricades. "Go to the keep, tell them what you told me. They will let you in."

Nacheal reaches the throne room and sees the king. He approaches Azand and bows.

"You may speak," Azand states.

"My king, I presume my village of Shady Grove was attacked, they came and- and i fled as soon as I saw them.

Azand looks at Captain Haeken, and then back at Nacheal. "Attacked by who?" questions the king, already knowing the answer to that question.

"I believe they the banner of Hegath, my lord"

Azand sighs heavily, hoping everything was just rumors of a massive army approaching Gilane. He nods at Haeken, signaling him to place the army on standby. "Thank you, I will award you 1,000 gold coins for your bravery. This should be more than enough to rent an inn and pay for other needs until Shady Grove is liberated."

Siochains
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Siochains » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:36 pm

The Archers light fire arrows and target the Guards barracks while the infantry marches down the main street killing the disorganized guards as they go and they branch off into smaller street's.

The townies scream in terror and flee into there houses or be cut down by the infantry while the scouts on horse back kill villagers who dont flee to there houses in the field.

Blood coats the streets and smoke billows from the occasional burning building as the hegthian army sweeps through the town.

The smoke and vey distant screams can be heard and see in Gilane.

The United Native People
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Native People » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:53 pm

Nacheal felt pretty good about himself. He alerted a nearby kingdom of an attack and was awarded more gold than he had ever seen. This however, was short lived. The moment he stepped out of the keep, he saw flames that lit up the sky. He had knew there fate. All of his friends were dead and he had no reason to stay in Hammerfell. He was not safe in Gilane. Not anymore. He knew he was an ex-criminal for horse stealing and the Hegathians would have him killed. He heard that a boat in Rihad was going to Vivec. He could smuggle himself through and escape the Hegathians. He rushed to his horse, and took off.

Meanwhile, Azand takes notice of the flames, and pulls the army into position. Archers flock into towers. In two of the towers, a balista sits. The wooden beams rest firmly against the wall for support. Captian Haeken rushes to the gate. Gilane prepares themselves for a war.

Siochains
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Siochains » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:23 pm

The Hegathian army loots and occupys the town a conscripts 500 men into there army.

After this they stop for the day setting up fortifactions and setting up watch. Most however drink and eat theres even a few accounts of rape but Arvik doesnt stand for that and gives 2 men 5 lashings for it each.

The army settles down for the night.

The United Native People
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Native People » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:35 pm

Captain Haeken rushes into the keep. "My lord!" he calls urgently, " I need to speak with you!"

"What!? About what!?" King Azand demands, slightly annoyed as he was just about ready to rest.

Haeken drags Azand to the War Room -almost literally- and throws a map of the surrounding area around Gilane. "My lord, scouts detect an enemy camp around here," he says pointing to the presumed location of the camp, "We can strike them now, weaken their forces into retreat, and force Hegath to surrender."

"But wouldn't they have guards to protect the camp?" Azand questions, " Hegath wont just take a hit without retaliation."

"This is true. However, despite their guards, we are fighting an army of tired soldiers who have traveled for many days. Even us redguards have a limit on adrenaline. Besides, we don't need to destroy them all. Just take down their siege weapons, destroy at least one fifth of their army, and hopefully kill, capture, or wound General Arvik."

"Alright Haeken, once again you have convinced me. Take your army and crush them"

THE ARMY

7,000 soldiers

Guards : 2,000

Infantry : 2,070 , 1,000 round shielded and 1,000 long shielded. Carry scimitars and steel armor.

Archers : 1,900 : Leather armor and steel bows. Carry steel shortswords.

Mages : 100 destruction mages with fireball, flames, fireblast, and ward.

spearmen 900 : Tall leather shields with steel spears.

Siege weapons : Balistas (10 managed by 3 operators)

Haeken commands his army as the move out of the gates, leaving behind the guards and siege weapons, with no torchlight but to lights on the walls. They creep silently through the fields. When they spot the camp, the plan is that the archers will fire off a barrage of arrows at any guards they see and the infantry would charge into the camp and attack the enemy by surprise.

Siochains
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Siochains » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Several things wrong there one i am in a village and theres now fortifactions surrounding the village also guards can't leave the city)

A scout in the wood spots the incoming archers and let's of a scream.

"Shit hostilies"

He is killed but the soldiers are now alerted to the threats and rush to man the fortifactions and siege equipment.

The archers draw back there bows and let of a random volley a little bit beyond where the scream came from.

After the recent storm the area surrounding shady Grove is a basically a big and almost impossible to traverse. The scout who was killed had been standing ankle deep in mud.

The mages automatically cast wards.

Dyllonia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyllonia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:56 pm

The United Native People

"WALLS!" orders Captain Haeken.

No long shield men are harmed but a few round shield men go down.

"Keep fire!" Haeken orders, "Mages fire at the walls!" Many mages begin casting fire blast towards the newly built walls.

The darkness swallows the battlefield. Only the fire from the mages and a few lights from inside the town can be seen. Only the sounds of men screaming and arrows whooshing past can be heard.

"May the might of Ebonarm be with us!" Shouts a soldier trying to stir some confidence in the army.
Last edited by Dyllonia on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain of The Devils Castle

Think of me, think of me waking
Silent and resigned
Imagine me trying too hard
To put you from my mind

Siochains
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Siochains » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:56 am

The spells hit the wards and fade while the archer target the areas where the fireballs are coming from.

The Catapults launch a volley and then start continuous volleys at the place where shouting and the screams of men can be heard.

The United Native People
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Native People » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:12 am

Only one mage falls wounded from the archer bombardment.

"Mages, you outnumber them!" informs Haeken. And soon the mage begin to surround the city and blast the young fortifications.

The long shieldmen remain in the front and behind them are spearmen and round shieldmen.

Rocks are thrown but innocently fall around the army.

Nacheal rides through Hammerfell on his horse, Martin, and looks behind him. He sees streaks of orange fire and and hears their explosive blasts. But soon continues his ride to Rihad.

Siochains
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Siochains » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:16 am

The Mages still mange to protect the wall from the onslaught while archers still target mages. 20 archers to each mage.

The Catapults try and zone in more accurately on the yelling.

The United Native People
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Native People » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Seeing many mages fall, he sends them behind long shieldman walls.

"Round shields, CHARGE!" This order by Haeken is quickly followed. Infantry in light round shields charge in. The shields are not as missile weapon resistant as tall shields, but light and unburdensome in close range combat.

Withdrawn mages focus on blasting as many rocks as possible. The rocks are more acurrate, but most are dodged.

Archers are given the command to fire at opposing archers.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents