NATION

PASSWORD

Nach-Exil Joint Occupation Negotiation [FanT/IC/Private]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:19 am

Angelika was glad to see that Saeunn had made it back from getting her luggage and that she had already put it in her room. She was mildly concerned that the two Exilvanians were going to torment her bodyguard, having dealt with them in the schildmädchen in the past. Being what seemed like a short trip, did the three of them converse at all? Or did they stay quite the entire time? Angelika wondered what went on as she noticed Saeunn's all too enthusiastic attempt to separate herself from them when they opened the door. One of the many advantages of not cutting Saeunn entirely off from her emotions. Angelika was still able to tell what the schildmädchen was thinking, something

" [Saeunn, I hope Schattenkrag and Etheltryth did cause you any trouble on your errand.]" Angelika asked.

Saeunn immediately popped to attention before replying to her. "[ No, my Oberste Führerin. My task was completed without interference.]"

"[ Good. We wouldn't want to have another experience like we did back in Yeuzuishan, would we?]" Angelika said, glaring at Saeunn in a silent attempt to threaten her.

"[ No, my Oberste Führerin.]" Saeunn replied before taking her place behind the couch that Angelika was sitting at.

Angelika watched as Dietrich went to another side door, explaining that dinner was already prepared for them. Curiously, Dietrich seemed to lose all enthusiasm when he cracked open the door, obviously displeased with what he had saw. Was it not as prepared as he'd hope, agitated that his perfect planned out dinner did not work out to his liking? Wanting to know what he had seen, Angelika quickly got up and followed right behind Dietrich, with her entourage in tow.

When he opened the door, Angelika saw a most elegant dinning room, ornate and cast in white. The only color that seemed to be in the room was themselves, the Exilvanian dishes, and a most peculiar painting. It was a painting that depicted the Iron Legion's reign. It wasn't too surprising that the Xers would have such a painting, given their affinity for brutality. It was obvious to Angelika that the Iron Legion's influence is still present today, the Xers and in some ways the Nachfolgians being case in point.

It was quick for Angelika to notice someone else in the room. The Princess of Exilvania was sitting at the far end of the dinning table, seemingly waiting for them to show up. Perhaps this was the sight that caused Haegler to be less than pleased. Angelika's intelligence reports gave her a clear understanding of who the princess was. Many things on the report were still left unknown, the most glaring being why the princess disappeared for decades since the 1st Battalion War. Regardless, Angelika had the basics and was going to use that to her advantage.

Ignoring the Princess's rude comments, Angelika stepped out from behind Dietrich and introduced herself.

" Ah, the Princess of Exilvania, Elizabeth von Vladstag. It is such an honor to finally meet a member of the Exilvanian Royal Family, especially one as beautiful and regal as you. I am Oberste Führerin Angelika von Sturmgeist, supreme leader of the Reichsmilitarstrat of Nachfolgia." Angelika said as she politely bowed. She was going to play along and stroke the Monarch's ego for a bit.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Remnants of Exilvania
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 am

The glare Elizabeth sent Angelika's way was icy and sharp, as though her eyes were shooting icicles to pierce the Nachfolgian's heart. Her voice dripped of poison as she addressed Angelika, saying:

"It is not becoming of a foreigner such as yourself to speak unless spoken to. I recommend knowing your place, Nachfolgian."

A small smirk parted her lips yet it only made the princess look even more vile as she added:

"Unless you think your melons somehow give you the right to address your betters."

Before the situation could escalate any further, Dietrich tried to go between the two women, raising his arms in a calming gesture while speaking as slowly, reassuringly to hopefully calm both of them down. He knew that Angelika's pride likely was hurt. He should have known that Elizabeth was anything but a fan of the Oberste Führerin, given the signs he had caught during the preparations for the Nachfolgians' arrival. He just hadn't expected Elizabeth to insert herself into his schedule like this.

"Now, now, ladies, there's no need to insult one another like that. It certainly isn't very ladylike..."

, he threw a glare at Elizabeth when he said that, the princess reacting by glaring back for a moment before demonstratively looking away from them. Dietrich then turned to Angelika, saying:

"Nor is it particularly smart to move on thin ice without a guide. Your bath in the ice is yet to come, Oberste Führerin, and I am sure that you would prefer not to have to repeat it."

He then clapped his hands, as though everything had been solved for the moment and walked to Elizabeth's end of the table, taking up a position to her right, behind her. The position of the regent, where he stood with his arms crossed behind his back as he watched the Nachfolgians:

"Now please, let us not dwell on this most...unfortunate of introductions. I am sure dinner is best enjoyed without seething rage spoiling the dish."

If the Nachfolgians elected to take the offered seats at the other end of the table, they would have to treat themselves to the meals arrayed before them as there were no servants in sight to fill their plates. Though perhaps it was for the best as it left everything up to the Nachfolgians and solely to them, without a possibly ill-meaning Exilvanian inbetween to try and interpret what they wanted. After a while of relative silence, with the Nachfolgians getting to enjoy their food,which had been prepared masterfully, a mark of either the preparations Dietrich had undertaken for them or simply of Exilvanian aristocratic decadence, the princess suddenly spoke up. Ice was still within her voice yet for now she refrained from insults and did not deign Angelika worthy of her look:

"Von Sturmgeist? I thought the Reichsmilitärstaat was a military dictatorship, reflected in the title of Oberste Führerin or supreme leader? I heard from the ZZ Reichskommandant here, that the prior Oberster Führer was a Von Sturmgeist as well so it seems the position is rather hereditary. Please, enlighten me, is the Reichsmilitärstaat a monarchy or a dictatorship?"
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Woodhouse Loyalist & Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Behind Angelika's smile was nothing but contempt for the Princess sitting at the table. The entire ten seconds that they've known each other, the Exilvanian royalty had done nothing but mock the Nachfolgian leader. She expected that a blue blood would act superior to those around them, but it felt like it was on a more personal level. Did Angelika insult the Princess in some way, leading to a personal grudge? She understood that she was a foreigner trying to  insert herself in another's culture and that it would lead to some animosity considering who each of parties were. However, Angelika would still show some kind of professionalism towards the Exilvanians if she was in their shoes. After all, the whole reason she agreed to the trials was to strengthen the Alliance.

Angelika felt bad for Haegler, having to insert himself between two bickering women. He put himself in an undesirable position as moderator and she did not envy him for it. Of course he wanted the peace between her and Elizabeth. He had worked hard to make sure everything was perfect for Angelika during what would likely be her greatest challenge. It was obvious to her that Haegler did not anticipate Elizabeth being there let alone cause conflict and he wasn't going to let that change things. As a show of respect for the man, Angelika wasn't going to let it spoil her trip either.

" Of course, Herr Reichskommadant. You're advice is much appreciated." Angelika said, slightly bowing her head in acknowledgement.

With no other words spoken, Angelika sat down at the table with her entourage next to her. In front of them all was a wide variety of dishes and drinks, of both Exilvanian origins and foreign. Knowing what she knew of Exilvania, the dishes from the country made with human meat and blood. The Exilvanians, being as depraved as they were, loved their blood and mutilation of human beings. Angelika wondered where the meat had originated from. Were they Yeuzeshan? Or from a different conquered people? She never bothered telling her subordinates what the meat was. They didn't need to know what she was about to do.

Not seeing any servants around her, Angelika assumed she was to serve herself. A bit odd, but acceptable to her. Setting an empty plate in front of her, Angelika scooped a portion of a dish onto it. It resembled beef stroganoff, but with a cannibal twist to it. The beef was obviously human, but the sauce and noodles were reddish in color. Knowing the Xers the two components were probably blood based.  Not wanting to back down now, she poured herself a glass of what she assumed was Blood wine and began eating.

When she took her first bite, Angelika stared at the Princess, obviously making sure she knew what the Nachfolgian had no problem eating their food. It served as her own little statement that she was willing to lower herself to their cruelty and depravity to meet her goals. As Angelika expected, the taste of the stroganoff was definitely strange. Aside from the overwhelming taste of iron, the human substitute for the beef had an odd taste. It was similar to regular beef, bug the texture was softer and the taste a little bit sweeter. It wasn't disgusting by any means, but it wasn't something she was willing to eat daily for health reasons. She took a few more bites and sipped some wine when Elizabeth asked her about her surname and the government type of Nachfolgia.

" No, your majesty. My title may be hereditary, but the Reich is far from being a monarchy and hasn't been for quite some time. My Folk killed all our monarchs and nobles not too long after the fall of the Iron Legion. In fact, our Skodal and Ranharii ancestors would kill kings if they grew to greedy. You could say that regicide is in our blood. " Angelika said as she took a sip of her Blood Wine, glaring daggers at the princess in a purposefully obvious threat. If the princess was going to mock her, she would do the same. Angelika set the glass down and cleared her throat before continuing.

" My surname is simply the relic of a bygone age. I will say, however, that my predecessor have taken our name to far greater heights than it would be if we were still loyal servants to a Kaiser."

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:18 pm

One of the princess' eyebrows twitched slightly but she still did not deign Angelika worthy of even a glance, instead concentrating on a glass of blood wine which's contents she twirled before her. Her voice remained calm and controlled with an obvious hint of disappointment lacing it as she said:

"Oh, so it is but a simple family dictatorship? How bland, I had hoped that Nachfolgian noble blood would be worth atleast something. Instead there are only upjumped commoners, attempting to rule a nation that did not deserve its liberty in the first place."

Dietrich, standing behind Elizabeth put his hand on her shoulder, exerting but the tiniest bit of pressure. A warning to the young princess which she very quickly registered, turning her head to look at his hand on her shoulder, staring at it as though it was the most interesting thing in the world, hypnotizing almost. And then she put her own, petite, pale hand on his gloved hand and pulled it off seemingly effortlessly. Now the distance was great, too great most likely for the Nachfolgians, with the exception of Saeunn who likely had sight enhancing features in her visor, so most of them probably didn't see how hard Dietrich's arm trembled, a sign just how much strength was put into this little show of force of the princess.

With a flick of her wrist she tossed Dietrich's hand aside, the ZZ Reichskommandant catching his arm with his other arm and rubbing his pained hand before assuming his regular stance behind the princess again, having decided to obviously switch tactics and instead attempt a verbal route rather than the unsuccessful physical one.

"Your majesty, you are aware that this is in exceedingly poor form of you? Your father would be ash-"

He didn't get any further. For but a split second, Elizabeth's eyes changed colour from their light blue to a bloody red and within this short moment, Dietrich was suddenly seemingly yanked by his collar from behind and crashed straight into the wall behind him with a sickening crunch, the expensive decor cracking under the force of the push and the Reichskommandant slowly sliding down from the wall and landing on his butt, growling lowly in pain.

"I am very much aware of that, Reichskommandant. Thank you for your thoughtful remark, I appreciate it greatly."

Dietrich's voice, despite being muffled by the mask and being rather low, clearly betrayed pain as he groaned:

"My pleasure your majesty. It is my duty to only want the best for you."

While Dietrich remained on the ground, rubbing his back which the princess had badly damaged, Elizabeth finally decided to look at Angelika, a predatory smile adorning her face now as she bared her fangs at the Nachfolgian.

"My apologies for this little...inconvenience. Please, do not let our little quarrels interrupt your much awaited dinner."

It had been a show of force. No more and no less. Something about the Nachfolgians got the princess agitated and while she masked it perfectly in her speech, her actions betrayed it clearly. Dietrich had suffered for trying to reign her in in her agitated state and she had made sure to punish him for that far more than had been necessary. Enough to show the Nachfolgians just how dangerous the ground they tread on was. But not enough to play all her cards...yet.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:04 am

Angelika's sampling of her glass of blood wine was interrupted by the Princess's rude comment. She glanced up at Elizabeth, how had yet to even look at her, and set her glass down. She quickly swallowed the wine, licking her bottom lip to wipe away any left over droplets. Not wanting to give the blue blood the satisfaction of getting a response, Angelika simply smiled. She could tell just how much the princess detested the Nachfolgian and didn't blame her for the animosity. After all she would be angry as well if an outsider was trying to step into their culture. In all actuality, an outsider wouldn't have gotten as far as Angelika has. They would likely have been killed as soon as they arrived.

Angelika watched as Haegler once again tried to intervene, this time taking a more hands in approach. She was honestly amazed that the Reichskommadant would have the balls to put a hand on the princess, one of royal blood from his own nation. Keeping a close eye on them, Angelika witnessed the princess retaliate with her own show of physical strength by prying his hand off her shoulder with little effort. The way that Haegler grabbed his arm hinted at the strength by which she did so, a little girl by appearance only nearly breaking an adult vampire's arm. A small concern manifested in the back of Angelika's mind, a fear that no one would be able to stop the princess if she decided to attack Angelika. Nor Haegler or Saeunn would be able to stop the Xer princess from ripping her in half.

That concern only heightened as Angelika bore witness, while keeping her expression in check, to Haegler being thrown across the room and into the back wall. With no other persons around to perform the act, Angelika immediately deduced that it was Elizabeth that forcefully silenced Haegler as he spoke, using some type of telekinetic power. She was immediately intrigued by the display of power over Elizabeth's subordinate, despite her distaste of royalty. Angelika had heard from her sources, both inside and outside of Exilvania, that Xer aristocrats had stronger abilities, but to see it with her own eyes was extrodinary.

Angelika's entourage, however, was less than enthusiastic about the display. As soon as Haegler hit the wall, both of them jumped out of their chairs, ready to defend the Oberste Führerin. Saeunn, her reflexes fasted than humanly possible, had already engaged get blades and moved in front of Angelika as much as possible. Luca, being slower, had just got his hand on his weapon, knocking over his chair. Before any of them could do anything to ruin the new Alliance, Angelika waved them down. Saeunn immediately disengaged and went to go sit back down while Luca seemed more hesitant. A quick glance between him and Angelika was what made him holster his weapon. He picked up his chair and sat back down beside her.

" Very impressive, your majesty." Angelika said as she took another sip of wine. " Herr Reichskommadant told me of how powerful the aristocracy was in Exilvania, but I never imagined just HOW powerful you all are. Do tell me, where does your power originate? Is it your noble blood or is it...an outside influence? Bestowed upon you by a god perhaps?" Angelika asked, a sly smile running across her face.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:53 am

"Deities work in mysterious ways, Nachfolgian. Anything, down to our very sense of self, our beliefs, our strengths and weaknesses could be attributed to the meddling of some deity."

, the Exilvanian proclaimed with an almost bored expression, checking her fingernails as she did so. Clearly finding something there that displeased her, her face contorted in annoyance before she balled her hand in a fist and took her attention away from it and back unto Angelika and her company, watching them take their seats again.

"Wise decision. I am itching to splatter some Nachfolgian blood across the walls but I know that the Reichskommandant would not approve of it at all.

As for deific meddling and the origin of this power...know that my view of deities is not as dogmatic as this though I believe it is a frightening possibility that all we are could have been sculpted by some deity and we never had any free will or sense of self in the first place, being nothing but puppets dancing on strings."

The Exilvanian Princess pushed back her chair and elegantly rose, albeit apparently having put just a tiny bit too much force into the motion as Dietrich had to catch the chair to prevent it from falling. She didn't look at anyone else as she slowly strode along the table, stopping midway between Angelika and Dietrich to simply say:

"I tire of this posse. I will be retiring of to my quarters, Reichskommandant. I wish the Obersterfuhrurin a good night's rest and a swift and painless death in the trials."

With that she turned around on her heels and walked towards the door, it opening on its own before she even reached it, Saeunn probably catching a glimpse of two servants before they vanished behind the door leaves. With the door closing again behind Elizabeth, they were finally alone again, Haegler notably releasing his breath, the mask amplifying that sound as he took the seat that had been Elizabeth's before.

"Well, that was certainly not the best dinner entertainer I've ever seen."

He rubbed his back a bit before motioning for the Nachfolgians to continue and then placing his hands on the table before him, interlocking them.

"Please, do continue. Unless of course this has soured your appetite, which I'd find fully understandable."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nachfolgia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:55 am

Angelika sat quietly and let the Princess go about her rant. With each word spoken, it was clear that the Exilvanian princess had no respect for foreign  dignitaries, let alone Nachfolgians. During the entire dinner, not once did the princess use Angelika's title or even called her by name, instead opting to use the endonym of her people. This made it seem like the princess didn't value Angelika or her position of power, grouping her with the common folk of Nachfolgia.

Angelika was fine with this generalization of herself by the Xer princess. In fact, she expected nothing less from royalty, not being the first time she dealt with such behavior. She did wonder, however, if the Princess's behavior was indeed due to personal reasons. The more the princess insulted her, the more Angelika believed that to be the case. In most cases, Angelika would engage in the banter in the goal of outwitting and gaining information from the princess, but she did not. Instead, Angelika simply smiled at her without saying a word, knowing that this would further annoy the childish princess. Even when the princess wished her death in the trials, the Oberste Führerin did not speak. Angelika didn't mutter any kind of response until the princess was leaving and the doors were closing.

" Same to you...princess."

With those words, the doors slammed shut and the dining room fell silent. At least until Haegler's sigh of relief echoed through the room a few moments later, gaining Angelika's attention.  The man was hoping that they could continue their dinner in peace without any more interruptions. In Angelika's mind, the dinner was ruined the moment the princess started her tantrum. She couldn't tell Haegler this as the man works tirelessly to accommodate her in every way. Seemed that no matter how hard Haegler tries to make things perfect, the more things go awry. Angelika didn't mind this too much as it offered her many interesting opportunities to get a glimpse of the man in his true form, away from all the professionalism.

Angelika, free of the headache that was the princess, went back to her drink. She downed what was left of her glass and motioned for Saeunn to pour her another glass. With a fresh glass of Blood Wine in hand, Angelika took another long sip, glaring at Haegler as she did so. She wiped the excess off her lips with a napkin before addressing him.

" No need to worry, Herr Reichskommadant. It is not like I am going to leave due to the tantrums of a princess that, despite looking and acting like a child, is anything but a child. I do hope she did not injured you severely. Would not want the same outcome as what happened in Yeuzeshan, would we?" Angelika responded and she picked up her fork again and resumed eating her meal.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:44 am

Dietrich absent-mindedly rubbed his back when Angelika inquired about him, smiling slightly under his mask as he said:

"Not in the least, Frau Oberste Führerin. I have long grown...used to her majesty's quirks and her more...hm...violent vein. This is truly nothing compared to Yeuzuishan."

He hesitated for a moment before continuing:

"But in the unlikely case that something should actually put me out of commission, my Vice has been instructed with what is to be done to make your visit a success."

After that things quieted down again, the Nachfolgians silently and quickly eating their meal...with the exception of Luca who simple couldn't do so due to his...unique situation. With the mood still being rather poor and Saeunn being very silent while Luca likely didn't want to speak before the Reichskommandant, there was little conversation, leading to dinner being finished rathr quickly. When Dietrich saw that the plates were empty, the cutlery arranged on the plates, he decided to rise and walk over to Angelika, bowing slightly before her:

"I see you have finished your dinner. I hope it was to your tastes. I did have the cooks try a wide variety of meals to ensure that there was atleast something that you could enjoy. But alas, I tarry too much.

I believe the evening has been rather eventful for all of us and I am sure you would appreciate getting a good amount of sleep in a well-made bed after all of this. Tomorrow we will start with a small programme I have prepared to make you more familiar with my country as well as allow the aristocracy to...get to know the Oberste Führerin as well. I believe it won't be the most pleasant of series of meetings if the princess' reaction is anything to go by but I personally like to know how my possible allies treat me before the circumstances change drastically. "

Of course both Dietrich and Angelika knew that this was not the case. They both knew that Angelika would be leaving tonight, in secret, to begin the Trials while her double would have the...dubious honour of having to familiarize herself with the Exilvanian nobles. Given that Angelika's double still needed to be taught by her for quite a bit to make for a good impression of her, it was clear why he would have her go to bed this early too.

"I myself sadly do have some more work to attend to so I am incredibly sorry to be incapable of spending my time in your company for the rest of the evening. I know, I am a terrible host but alas, I am a busy man."

He headed to the door, opening it slightly before stopping in it to look back at the Nachfolgians.

"You of course won't have to head to your sleeping quarters immediately. Please, feel free to remain and converse among yourself. Whenever you tire of this, a servant will be waiting before this door to guide you to your quarters. I wish you a good night. Sleep well."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents