NATION

PASSWORD

Nach-Exil Joint Occupation Negotiation [FanT/IC/Private]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:19 am

Angelika was glad to see that Saeunn had made it back from getting her luggage and that she had already put it in her room. She was mildly concerned that the two Exilvanians were going to torment her bodyguard, having dealt with them in the schildmädchen in the past. Being what seemed like a short trip, did the three of them converse at all? Or did they stay quite the entire time? Angelika wondered what went on as she noticed Saeunn's all too enthusiastic attempt to separate herself from them when they opened the door. One of the many advantages of not cutting Saeunn entirely off from her emotions. Angelika was still able to tell what the schildmädchen was thinking, something

" [Saeunn, I hope Schattenkrag and Etheltryth did cause you any trouble on your errand.]" Angelika asked.

Saeunn immediately popped to attention before replying to her. "[ No, my Oberste Führerin. My task was completed without interference.]"

"[ Good. We wouldn't want to have another experience like we did back in Yeuzuishan, would we?]" Angelika said, glaring at Saeunn in a silent attempt to threaten her.

"[ No, my Oberste Führerin.]" Saeunn replied before taking her place behind the couch that Angelika was sitting at.

Angelika watched as Dietrich went to another side door, explaining that dinner was already prepared for them. Curiously, Dietrich seemed to lose all enthusiasm when he cracked open the door, obviously displeased with what he had saw. Was it not as prepared as he'd hope, agitated that his perfect planned out dinner did not work out to his liking? Wanting to know what he had seen, Angelika quickly got up and followed right behind Dietrich, with her entourage in tow.

When he opened the door, Angelika saw a most elegant dinning room, ornate and cast in white. The only color that seemed to be in the room was themselves, the Exilvanian dishes, and a most peculiar painting. It was a painting that depicted the Iron Legion's reign. It wasn't too surprising that the Xers would have such a painting, given their affinity for brutality. It was obvious to Angelika that the Iron Legion's influence is still present today, the Xers and in some ways the Nachfolgians being case in point.

It was quick for Angelika to notice someone else in the room. The Princess of Exilvania was sitting at the far end of the dinning table, seemingly waiting for them to show up. Perhaps this was the sight that caused Haegler to be less than pleased. Angelika's intelligence reports gave her a clear understanding of who the princess was. Many things on the report were still left unknown, the most glaring being why the princess disappeared for decades since the 1st Battalion War. Regardless, Angelika had the basics and was going to use that to her advantage.

Ignoring the Princess's rude comments, Angelika stepped out from behind Dietrich and introduced herself.

" Ah, the Princess of Exilvania, Elizabeth von Vladstag. It is such an honor to finally meet a member of the Exilvanian Royal Family, especially one as beautiful and regal as you. I am Oberste Führerin Angelika von Sturmgeist, supreme leader of the Reichsmilitarstrat of Nachfolgia." Angelika said as she politely bowed. She was going to play along and stroke the Monarch's ego for a bit.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 am

The glare Elizabeth sent Angelika's way was icy and sharp, as though her eyes were shooting icicles to pierce the Nachfolgian's heart. Her voice dripped of poison as she addressed Angelika, saying:

"It is not becoming of a foreigner such as yourself to speak unless spoken to. I recommend knowing your place, Nachfolgian."

A small smirk parted her lips yet it only made the princess look even more vile as she added:

"Unless you think your melons somehow give you the right to address your betters."

Before the situation could escalate any further, Dietrich tried to go between the two women, raising his arms in a calming gesture while speaking as slowly, reassuringly to hopefully calm both of them down. He knew that Angelika's pride likely was hurt. He should have known that Elizabeth was anything but a fan of the Oberste Führerin, given the signs he had caught during the preparations for the Nachfolgians' arrival. He just hadn't expected Elizabeth to insert herself into his schedule like this.

"Now, now, ladies, there's no need to insult one another like that. It certainly isn't very ladylike..."

, he threw a glare at Elizabeth when he said that, the princess reacting by glaring back for a moment before demonstratively looking away from them. Dietrich then turned to Angelika, saying:

"Nor is it particularly smart to move on thin ice without a guide. Your bath in the ice is yet to come, Oberste Führerin, and I am sure that you would prefer not to have to repeat it."

He then clapped his hands, as though everything had been solved for the moment and walked to Elizabeth's end of the table, taking up a position to her right, behind her. The position of the regent, where he stood with his arms crossed behind his back as he watched the Nachfolgians:

"Now please, let us not dwell on this most...unfortunate of introductions. I am sure dinner is best enjoyed without seething rage spoiling the dish."

If the Nachfolgians elected to take the offered seats at the other end of the table, they would have to treat themselves to the meals arrayed before them as there were no servants in sight to fill their plates. Though perhaps it was for the best as it left everything up to the Nachfolgians and solely to them, without a possibly ill-meaning Exilvanian inbetween to try and interpret what they wanted. After a while of relative silence, with the Nachfolgians getting to enjoy their food,which had been prepared masterfully, a mark of either the preparations Dietrich had undertaken for them or simply of Exilvanian aristocratic decadence, the princess suddenly spoke up. Ice was still within her voice yet for now she refrained from insults and did not deign Angelika worthy of her look:

"Von Sturmgeist? I thought the Reichsmilitärstaat was a military dictatorship, reflected in the title of Oberste Führerin or supreme leader? I heard from the ZZ Reichskommandant here, that the prior Oberster Führer was a Von Sturmgeist as well so it seems the position is rather hereditary. Please, enlighten me, is the Reichsmilitärstaat a monarchy or a dictatorship?"
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Behind Angelika's smile was nothing but contempt for the Princess sitting at the table. The entire ten seconds that they've known each other, the Exilvanian royalty had done nothing but mock the Nachfolgian leader. She expected that a blue blood would act superior to those around them, but it felt like it was on a more personal level. Did Angelika insult the Princess in some way, leading to a personal grudge? She understood that she was a foreigner trying to  insert herself in another's culture and that it would lead to some animosity considering who each of parties were. However, Angelika would still show some kind of professionalism towards the Exilvanians if she was in their shoes. After all, the whole reason she agreed to the trials was to strengthen the Alliance.

Angelika felt bad for Haegler, having to insert himself between two bickering women. He put himself in an undesirable position as moderator and she did not envy him for it. Of course he wanted the peace between her and Elizabeth. He had worked hard to make sure everything was perfect for Angelika during what would likely be her greatest challenge. It was obvious to her that Haegler did not anticipate Elizabeth being there let alone cause conflict and he wasn't going to let that change things. As a show of respect for the man, Angelika wasn't going to let it spoil her trip either.

" Of course, Herr Reichskommadant. You're advice is much appreciated." Angelika said, slightly bowing her head in acknowledgement.

With no other words spoken, Angelika sat down at the table with her entourage next to her. In front of them all was a wide variety of dishes and drinks, of both Exilvanian origins and foreign. Knowing what she knew of Exilvania, the dishes from the country made with human meat and blood. The Exilvanians, being as depraved as they were, loved their blood and mutilation of human beings. Angelika wondered where the meat had originated from. Were they Yeuzeshan? Or from a different conquered people? She never bothered telling her subordinates what the meat was. They didn't need to know what she was about to do.

Not seeing any servants around her, Angelika assumed she was to serve herself. A bit odd, but acceptable to her. Setting an empty plate in front of her, Angelika scooped a portion of a dish onto it. It resembled beef stroganoff, but with a cannibal twist to it. The beef was obviously human, but the sauce and noodles were reddish in color. Knowing the Xers the two components were probably blood based.  Not wanting to back down now, she poured herself a glass of what she assumed was Blood wine and began eating.

When she took her first bite, Angelika stared at the Princess, obviously making sure she knew what the Nachfolgian had no problem eating their food. It served as her own little statement that she was willing to lower herself to their cruelty and depravity to meet her goals. As Angelika expected, the taste of the stroganoff was definitely strange. Aside from the overwhelming taste of iron, the human substitute for the beef had an odd taste. It was similar to regular beef, bug the texture was softer and the taste a little bit sweeter. It wasn't disgusting by any means, but it wasn't something she was willing to eat daily for health reasons. She took a few more bites and sipped some wine when Elizabeth asked her about her surname and the government type of Nachfolgia.

" No, your majesty. My title may be hereditary, but the Reich is far from being a monarchy and hasn't been for quite some time. My Folk killed all our monarchs and nobles not too long after the fall of the Iron Legion. In fact, our Skodal and Ranharii ancestors would kill kings if they grew to greedy. You could say that regicide is in our blood. " Angelika said as she took a sip of her Blood Wine, glaring daggers at the princess in a purposefully obvious threat. If the princess was going to mock her, she would do the same. Angelika set the glass down and cleared her throat before continuing.

" My surname is simply the relic of a bygone age. I will say, however, that my predecessor have taken our name to far greater heights than it would be if we were still loyal servants to a Kaiser."

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:18 pm

One of the princess' eyebrows twitched slightly but she still did not deign Angelika worthy of even a glance, instead concentrating on a glass of blood wine which's contents she twirled before her. Her voice remained calm and controlled with an obvious hint of disappointment lacing it as she said:

"Oh, so it is but a simple family dictatorship? How bland, I had hoped that Nachfolgian noble blood would be worth atleast something. Instead there are only upjumped commoners, attempting to rule a nation that did not deserve its liberty in the first place."

Dietrich, standing behind Elizabeth put his hand on her shoulder, exerting but the tiniest bit of pressure. A warning to the young princess which she very quickly registered, turning her head to look at his hand on her shoulder, staring at it as though it was the most interesting thing in the world, hypnotizing almost. And then she put her own, petite, pale hand on his gloved hand and pulled it off seemingly effortlessly. Now the distance was great, too great most likely for the Nachfolgians, with the exception of Saeunn who likely had sight enhancing features in her visor, so most of them probably didn't see how hard Dietrich's arm trembled, a sign just how much strength was put into this little show of force of the princess.

With a flick of her wrist she tossed Dietrich's hand aside, the ZZ Reichskommandant catching his arm with his other arm and rubbing his pained hand before assuming his regular stance behind the princess again, having decided to obviously switch tactics and instead attempt a verbal route rather than the unsuccessful physical one.

"Your majesty, you are aware that this is in exceedingly poor form of you? Your father would be ash-"

He didn't get any further. For but a split second, Elizabeth's eyes changed colour from their light blue to a bloody red and within this short moment, Dietrich was suddenly seemingly yanked by his collar from behind and crashed straight into the wall behind him with a sickening crunch, the expensive decor cracking under the force of the push and the Reichskommandant slowly sliding down from the wall and landing on his butt, growling lowly in pain.

"I am very much aware of that, Reichskommandant. Thank you for your thoughtful remark, I appreciate it greatly."

Dietrich's voice, despite being muffled by the mask and being rather low, clearly betrayed pain as he groaned:

"My pleasure your majesty. It is my duty to only want the best for you."

While Dietrich remained on the ground, rubbing his back which the princess had badly damaged, Elizabeth finally decided to look at Angelika, a predatory smile adorning her face now as she bared her fangs at the Nachfolgian.

"My apologies for this little...inconvenience. Please, do not let our little quarrels interrupt your much awaited dinner."

It had been a show of force. No more and no less. Something about the Nachfolgians got the princess agitated and while she masked it perfectly in her speech, her actions betrayed it clearly. Dietrich had suffered for trying to reign her in in her agitated state and she had made sure to punish him for that far more than had been necessary. Enough to show the Nachfolgians just how dangerous the ground they tread on was. But not enough to play all her cards...yet.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:04 am

Angelika's sampling of her glass of blood wine was interrupted by the Princess's rude comment. She glanced up at Elizabeth, how had yet to even look at her, and set her glass down. She quickly swallowed the wine, licking her bottom lip to wipe away any left over droplets. Not wanting to give the blue blood the satisfaction of getting a response, Angelika simply smiled. She could tell just how much the princess detested the Nachfolgian and didn't blame her for the animosity. After all she would be angry as well if an outsider was trying to step into their culture. In all actuality, an outsider wouldn't have gotten as far as Angelika has. They would likely have been killed as soon as they arrived.

Angelika watched as Haegler once again tried to intervene, this time taking a more hands in approach. She was honestly amazed that the Reichskommadant would have the balls to put a hand on the princess, one of royal blood from his own nation. Keeping a close eye on them, Angelika witnessed the princess retaliate with her own show of physical strength by prying his hand off her shoulder with little effort. The way that Haegler grabbed his arm hinted at the strength by which she did so, a little girl by appearance only nearly breaking an adult vampire's arm. A small concern manifested in the back of Angelika's mind, a fear that no one would be able to stop the princess if she decided to attack Angelika. Nor Haegler or Saeunn would be able to stop the Xer princess from ripping her in half.

That concern only heightened as Angelika bore witness, while keeping her expression in check, to Haegler being thrown across the room and into the back wall. With no other persons around to perform the act, Angelika immediately deduced that it was Elizabeth that forcefully silenced Haegler as he spoke, using some type of telekinetic power. She was immediately intrigued by the display of power over Elizabeth's subordinate, despite her distaste of royalty. Angelika had heard from her sources, both inside and outside of Exilvania, that Xer aristocrats had stronger abilities, but to see it with her own eyes was extrodinary.

Angelika's entourage, however, was less than enthusiastic about the display. As soon as Haegler hit the wall, both of them jumped out of their chairs, ready to defend the Oberste Führerin. Saeunn, her reflexes fasted than humanly possible, had already engaged get blades and moved in front of Angelika as much as possible. Luca, being slower, had just got his hand on his weapon, knocking over his chair. Before any of them could do anything to ruin the new Alliance, Angelika waved them down. Saeunn immediately disengaged and went to go sit back down while Luca seemed more hesitant. A quick glance between him and Angelika was what made him holster his weapon. He picked up his chair and sat back down beside her.

" Very impressive, your majesty." Angelika said as she took another sip of wine. " Herr Reichskommadant told me of how powerful the aristocracy was in Exilvania, but I never imagined just HOW powerful you all are. Do tell me, where does your power originate? Is it your noble blood or is it...an outside influence? Bestowed upon you by a god perhaps?" Angelika asked, a sly smile running across her face.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:53 am

"Deities work in mysterious ways, Nachfolgian. Anything, down to our very sense of self, our beliefs, our strengths and weaknesses could be attributed to the meddling of some deity."

, the Exilvanian proclaimed with an almost bored expression, checking her fingernails as she did so. Clearly finding something there that displeased her, her face contorted in annoyance before she balled her hand in a fist and took her attention away from it and back unto Angelika and her company, watching them take their seats again.

"Wise decision. I am itching to splatter some Nachfolgian blood across the walls but I know that the Reichskommandant would not approve of it at all.

As for deific meddling and the origin of this power...know that my view of deities is not as dogmatic as this though I believe it is a frightening possibility that all we are could have been sculpted by some deity and we never had any free will or sense of self in the first place, being nothing but puppets dancing on strings."

The Exilvanian Princess pushed back her chair and elegantly rose, albeit apparently having put just a tiny bit too much force into the motion as Dietrich had to catch the chair to prevent it from falling. She didn't look at anyone else as she slowly strode along the table, stopping midway between Angelika and Dietrich to simply say:

"I tire of this posse. I will be retiring of to my quarters, Reichskommandant. I wish the Obersterfuhrurin a good night's rest and a swift and painless death in the trials."

With that she turned around on her heels and walked towards the door, it opening on its own before she even reached it, Saeunn probably catching a glimpse of two servants before they vanished behind the door leaves. With the door closing again behind Elizabeth, they were finally alone again, Haegler notably releasing his breath, the mask amplifying that sound as he took the seat that had been Elizabeth's before.

"Well, that was certainly not the best dinner entertainer I've ever seen."

He rubbed his back a bit before motioning for the Nachfolgians to continue and then placing his hands on the table before him, interlocking them.

"Please, do continue. Unless of course this has soured your appetite, which I'd find fully understandable."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:55 am

Angelika sat quietly and let the Princess go about her rant. With each word spoken, it was clear that the Exilvanian princess had no respect for foreign  dignitaries, let alone Nachfolgians. During the entire dinner, not once did the princess use Angelika's title or even called her by name, instead opting to use the endonym of her people. This made it seem like the princess didn't value Angelika or her position of power, grouping her with the common folk of Nachfolgia.

Angelika was fine with this generalization of herself by the Xer princess. In fact, she expected nothing less from royalty, not being the first time she dealt with such behavior. She did wonder, however, if the Princess's behavior was indeed due to personal reasons. The more the princess insulted her, the more Angelika believed that to be the case. In most cases, Angelika would engage in the banter in the goal of outwitting and gaining information from the princess, but she did not. Instead, Angelika simply smiled at her without saying a word, knowing that this would further annoy the childish princess. Even when the princess wished her death in the trials, the Oberste Führerin did not speak. Angelika didn't mutter any kind of response until the princess was leaving and the doors were closing.

" Same to you...princess."

With those words, the doors slammed shut and the dining room fell silent. At least until Haegler's sigh of relief echoed through the room a few moments later, gaining Angelika's attention.  The man was hoping that they could continue their dinner in peace without any more interruptions. In Angelika's mind, the dinner was ruined the moment the princess started her tantrum. She couldn't tell Haegler this as the man works tirelessly to accommodate her in every way. Seemed that no matter how hard Haegler tries to make things perfect, the more things go awry. Angelika didn't mind this too much as it offered her many interesting opportunities to get a glimpse of the man in his true form, away from all the professionalism.

Angelika, free of the headache that was the princess, went back to her drink. She downed what was left of her glass and motioned for Saeunn to pour her another glass. With a fresh glass of Blood Wine in hand, Angelika took another long sip, glaring at Haegler as she did so. She wiped the excess off her lips with a napkin before addressing him.

" No need to worry, Herr Reichskommadant. It is not like I am going to leave due to the tantrums of a princess that, despite looking and acting like a child, is anything but a child. I do hope she did not injured you severely. Would not want the same outcome as what happened in Yeuzeshan, would we?" Angelika responded and she picked up her fork again and resumed eating her meal.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:44 am

Dietrich absent-mindedly rubbed his back when Angelika inquired about him, smiling slightly under his mask as he said:

"Not in the least, Frau Oberste Führerin. I have long grown...used to her majesty's quirks and her more...hm...violent vein. This is truly nothing compared to Yeuzuishan."

He hesitated for a moment before continuing:

"But in the unlikely case that something should actually put me out of commission, my Vice has been instructed with what is to be done to make your visit a success."

After that things quieted down again, the Nachfolgians silently and quickly eating their meal...with the exception of Luca who simple couldn't do so due to his...unique situation. With the mood still being rather poor and Saeunn being very silent while Luca likely didn't want to speak before the Reichskommandant, there was little conversation, leading to dinner being finished rathr quickly. When Dietrich saw that the plates were empty, the cutlery arranged on the plates, he decided to rise and walk over to Angelika, bowing slightly before her:

"I see you have finished your dinner. I hope it was to your tastes. I did have the cooks try a wide variety of meals to ensure that there was atleast something that you could enjoy. But alas, I tarry too much.

I believe the evening has been rather eventful for all of us and I am sure you would appreciate getting a good amount of sleep in a well-made bed after all of this. Tomorrow we will start with a small programme I have prepared to make you more familiar with my country as well as allow the aristocracy to...get to know the Oberste Führerin as well. I believe it won't be the most pleasant of series of meetings if the princess' reaction is anything to go by but I personally like to know how my possible allies treat me before the circumstances change drastically. "

Of course both Dietrich and Angelika knew that this was not the case. They both knew that Angelika would be leaving tonight, in secret, to begin the Trials while her double would have the...dubious honour of having to familiarize herself with the Exilvanian nobles. Given that Angelika's double still needed to be taught by her for quite a bit to make for a good impression of her, it was clear why he would have her go to bed this early too.

"I myself sadly do have some more work to attend to so I am incredibly sorry to be incapable of spending my time in your company for the rest of the evening. I know, I am a terrible host but alas, I am a busy man."

He headed to the door, opening it slightly before stopping in it to look back at the Nachfolgians.

"You of course won't have to head to your sleeping quarters immediately. Please, feel free to remain and converse among yourself. Whenever you tire of this, a servant will be waiting before this door to guide you to your quarters. I wish you a good night. Sleep well."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Angelika watched as Haegler went for the door to leave the Nachfolgians to their own devices. Realizing that the dinner was now over, she downed the last few drops of wine from her glass. She then stood up from her chair and slightly bowed her head to her host.

" Thank you very much, Herr Reichskommadant. The dinner was lovely despite the rude behavior of the princess. You have been a most gracious host and it has been a pleasure to share an evening with you, but I believe I will retire for the night. I can not wait to see all the Exilvania has to offer so I would like to get well rested for it. "

Haegler would know what Angelika meant as tomorrow would most definitely prove to be one to remember.

" Good Evening, Herr Reichskommadant." Angelika exclaimed as she nodded to him.

With that, Angelika and her entourage left the dining room and headed upstairs to where the bedrooms were located. Not much was said on the short walk there, Angelika remaining silent as she walked ahead of Saeunn and Luca. Once she got up to the room, Angelika stopped just short of the doors and turned around to face her subordinates.

"[ I'm going to go to bed quite early. The long voyage across the Raiders' Sea has left me exhausted. I'll see you in the morning, cousin, good night. Saeunn, keep guard in my room.]" Angelika said before opening the door to her room.

"[ Yes, my Oberste Führerin.]" Saeunn responded and followed Angelika.

"[ Good night, my Oberste Führerin.]" Luca replied and went to his own room across the hall.

Angelika waited until Saeunn was in the room and watched Luca enter his before quickly shutting the door behind her. She locked the door and went over to her bed and started taking off her coat and placed it in the bed. She glanced over at Saeunn who was standing guard at the door, doing exactly as she was ordered to do. Angelika chuckled a bit before sitting down in the edge of the bed and began unlacing her winter boots.

"[ Stand down, Saeunn. I just told you to guard in my room so Luca wouldn't find it suspicious for you to be in here.]" Angelika said, taking one boot off and placing it on the floor next to her.

"[ Yes, my Oberste Führerin.]" Saeunn responded as she visibly relaxed her muscles, letting her guard down a bit.

"[ And feel free to take off your visor. I like looking into your eyes when we talk.]" Angelika added, taking off the other boot and placing it beside the other.

"[ Yes, my Oberste Führerin.]" Saeunn responded again. She disconnected the red wires from the terminal in the top of her reinforced spine near her neck. As she did so all the HUD indicators inside her visor turned off, leaving her vision completely black. She then unbuckled the straps and removed it from her face. Her now exposed eyes were piercing blue as if they glowed naturally. Saeunn walked over to a small table in the corner and set her visor down on it. She then looked up towards Angelika, her expression hardly changing at all.

"[ What I am about to tell you is top secret and must never be told to anyone. Understand?]" Angelika said, her tone turning more serious.

"[ Of course, my Oberste Führerin. I am your loyal servant. Your secrets will die with me.]" Saeunn replied, her eyes narrowed in the slightest facial expression. It was obviously that she was resolved to do as her leader asked.

"[ I know, Saeunn. I've never had a reason to  doubt your loyalty in the past.]" Angelika paused as she stood up and walked over to one of her bags of luggage. She picked it up and brought it back over to the bed. She opened it and then began to undress herself.  " [ I'm not going to tour Exilvania with the Reichskommadant tomorrow. I'll secretly be undergoing the trials as per the original plan. I did not have a change of heart and I most certainly will not be leaving until the trials are over. Instead, someone is going to take my place as a body double. You can come out now.]"

As soon as she gave the order, the double formally known as Clementine, climbed out from underneath the bed and stood before both Angelika and Saeunn. Saeunn, not expecting anyone else to be in the room, immediately stood on the defensive upon first sight of the woman. She then looked on in astonishment when she realized that she was staring at two Oberste Führerins. The double looked exactly like the real deal, from her height and body size to hair style, color and eyes.

"[ The Exilvanians, unknown to me, used my new tailor, Clementine de Montesquieu, to make an exact copy of myself. While I am a little angry that they destroyed my tailor, I must appreciate their craftsmanship. This doppelganger is perfect to me in every single way all the way down to her mannerisms and speech pattern. She's rather braindead now, but my personality can be activated with a code phrase that Herr Reichskommadant gave me personally. All in all, I am rather impressed by their ingenuity and programming of the human brain.]" As Angelika talked, Saeunn inspected the double more closely. Knowing The Oberste Führerin better than anyone, Saeunn noticed just how well the Xers did in making it. every inch of her was the same as the real Oberste Führerin, from her feet to the strands of blonde hair. Angelika watched Saeunn inspect Clementine for a few moments before speaking up again.

"[ Kirsten?]"

Saeunn immediately looked back at Angelika upon hearing that name. She looked stunned by the Oberste Führerin using that name, being one that hasn't been spoken in a long time. She held back her emotions and answered with a shaky voice.

"[ Y-yes, my Oberste Führerin."]

"[ I need you to look after the double while I undergo the trials. She'll essentially be me with all my mannerisms, but I am concerned about her memories. She never experienced anything in my own life and therefore have no memories of such. I am concerned that my cousin might mention past events in our lives. He will know right away that she is an imposter if she fails to address anything. I will need you to run interference and keep up the charade, can you do that?]" Angelika said, moving towards Saeunn and grabbed onto both of her hands in a caring manner. Saeunn looked down at Angelika's hands, noting how gently she was holding them. She then looked back up at her Oberste Führerin, staring into her eyes.

"[ Of course, my Oberste Führerin. Anything you want.]" Saeunn replied.

Upon hearing her agree, Angelika brought her in for a hug, wrapping her arms around the beefy Schildmädchen. "[ Thank you, Kirsten. You've always been a good friend.]" Angelika said, still hugging Saeunn. Saeunn hesitated to return the hug, but after a few moments, she wrapped her arms around the Oberste Führerin.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:55 pm

The night was calm and quiet, the old look of the room belying its capabilities at blocking out sounds from the ouside like only state of the art soundproofed rooms could these days. These guest rooms had truly been prepared with the utmost comfort for those who would be staying in them in mind, allowing a peaceful night's rest, despite the goings on in the city far below or in the castle it was a part of.

The room itself was cast in darkness, the fire eventually having ceased to burn, only its embers still glowing in the fireplace and supplying a minimum of light, something the great window barely did on account of large clouds of smog and gas covering the sky, blocking the moonlight. Only a little bit of the light coming from the city, reflected by the overhanging cloud, reached the room, doing a poor job at illuminating it.

The time was 4 o'clock AM when the embers in the fireplace suddenly went out, drenching the room in even further darkness. The sound of something sliding aside became audible right after, though it was a very faint sound, the mechanisms having been well maintained to ensure the secret passage behind the fireplace would not cause too much of a ruckus when utilized.

Almost as soon as the wall slid open, a new sound filled the room, the sound of someone' breathing. Though not any breathing but instead the obnoious sound of someone breathing through the filter system of some kind of mask. Tracing the breathing back to its source, one would find themselves confronted with a single, green glowing orb, roughly on eye-height, hovering pretty much in the fireplace. The green orb moved a little bit, mechanical whirring sounds accompanying it as it did so, seemingly taking the room in before it started to properly enter it. The floor was made from cold, hard stone and tiles so there was no creaking, only a very lightly audible patting as someone carefully set one boot before the other, moving through the room.

The intruder, for that was clearly what it was, was lit up for but a moment by a stray ray of light, reflected from the outside into the room, showing off their contures and revealing a uniformed, feminine figure, wearing some sort of mask, one of its eyes looking like that of a snail with how it portruded.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:10 am

Unknown to the intruder in the room, another figure was watching her. Saeunn had perched herself up on top of the mantle, couching down in the ledge and clinging to the wall. The exo skeleton grafted to the Nachfolgian's body alleviated a lot of the strain from having to kneel on a small ledge for hours. She knew where the Exilvanians were coming, but not when so Saeunn had to play the waiting game for most of the night.

When the fireplace slide open and the intruder crept into the room, it was time for Saeunn to spring into action. Through the night vision on her visor, Saeunn could tell that the Exilvanian was none other than Schattenkrag, premier sniper and subordinate to Reichskommadant Dietrich Haegler. Unlike Schattenkrag, her visor didn't give off any time of light or glow. It allowed her to remain completely hidden in the shadows as she waited for the right opportunity.

Upon Schattenkrag getting close to Angelika's bed, Saeunn pounced. Using her speed, she instantly closed the cap from the fireplace to the bed. She grabbed onto Schattenkrag's arm and shoved it behind her back to hold it there, applying pressure to cause a little bit of pain compliance. At the same time, she kicked the back of the Xer's knee, forcing her on her knees. She also activated her blade on her free arm and held it to Schattenkrag's throat. She wasn't intending to kill the Xer, only to keep her from doing anything sudden with the Oberste Führerin so close.

" Hello, Frau Schattenkrag." A voice called out in the darkness from the position of the bed. The source of the feminine voice reached and turned on the lamb on the nightstand. The light illuminated the figure, revealing it to be Angelika. She had also been waiting for the Exilvanian to come get her. Angelika was already wearing the disguise given to her by Haegler. The skin tight suit that afforded her little room for underwear along with the rags that draped over her figure. The only thing she did not wear was the face mask which was sitting beside her on the bed. Her hair was let down and she was not wearing makeup. Everything that made her the Oberste Führerin was no where in sight, as was ordered of her during the trials.

" You can release her, Saeunn." Angelina ordered, crossing her legs as best as she could in the suit. Saeunn immediately complied and let Schattenkrag go, before standing back up straight at the position of attention.

" I apologize for that, Frau Schattenkrag. Saeunn is incredibly protective of me. You sneaking in here caused her to do her job and assault you. I'm sure you understand." Angelika said, giving her a sight smirk that made Schattenkrag believe that it was intentional.

" I suppose it is time for me to go and let the double do her thing?" Angelika asked, motioned to the double that was lying in bed next to her. She was laying there motionless, staring at the ceiling. She was wearing a high neckline gown to cover up the eagle scar on her chest. Other than the scar, she looked identical to the real Angelika.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:43 pm

Saeunn's ambush went off without a hitch, the Nachfolgian Schildmädchen easily taking out the Xer's ability to move or defend herself. Or well...almost as Schattenkrag still had one hand free, that one having shot down to a holster on one of her legs and having pulled a gun which she pointed behind her. Practically a flawless countermaneuver if she wasn't pointing her gun at thin air.

Schattenkrag's eyes quickly travelled back to the bed she had been heading towards, the snail like eye on her mask whirring as it adjusted itself, tracing Angelika while her free, red eye looked at her with an annoyed, silent look that suggested what Angelika was about to do anyway, releasing her from Saeunn's...tender grip.

Putting her own gun away, Schattenkrag shot the Schildmädchen a glance as she got up rotated her shoulder a bit as well as bent her knees a few times, trying to get the slight pain and stiffness out of them that their short exchange had caused. She wasn't exactly a melee combattant like Saeunn was, so the damage to her pride was limited but it was nonetheless there. A squeaking sound from the Oberste Führerin's direction however redirected Schattenkrag's attention, her watching Angelika cross her legs with what appeared to be some difficulty. It made Schattenkrag roll her eyes as she had expected just that and it had been the reason why she had come a little bit early.

"If we were short on time I would be eating that apology out of your hand. As it stands, you better hope the ZZ Reichskommandant never has me take you into my sights."

She pointed at Angelika's suit as well as the helmet, quickly adding:

"I had hoped you hadn't changed yet. Given the Reichskommandant's...lack of experience with our sex, I was already guessing that he did not factor in the more...uncomfortable aspects of such a get-up. Here."

She tossed what appeared to be a small plastic bottle over to Angelika. It didn't appear to be marked in any way but Angelika could likely hear the sound of some liquid sloshing inside.

"It's a lotion. Normally I use it when I've got to wear something tight but I figured you might need it this time around. Shame that it's too late to apply now so you'll probably have to live with that untill we are on the train to Zvadviste.

As for the double, yeah, she ought to be doing her thing. I suppose the presence of your bodyguard means that she's been informed of the plan? I already figured you would but the Reichskommandant just wanted to hammer home just how important secrecy was. Personally think it's better if someone more disposable knows of things as well and can try to steer everything in the right direction.

I assume you've been given the code to activate her?"
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:17 pm

" I appreciate the gift and advice, Frau Schattenkrag. It was indeed difficult to get the suit on, but I managed with the lotion I brought with me."

Angelika paused for a moment and moved around in the suit a little, felling how uncomfortable it is. It rubbed and grabbed at places on her body that had experienced that kind of motion before. Angelika could tell that later on in her journey that it would develope a rash.

" Though I am not used to such unbreathable clothing. Perhaps I should have applied more lotion." Angelika said with a smile, a vain attempt at making small talk with the Xer. She quickly averted her own attention away from the light hearted comment and looked back at the double. It had not moved from the position that she commanded it to lay. It didn't so much as shuffle a lit in the bed, truly a testament at the double's obedience.

" I felt it necessary to have Saeunn watch the double and avert the attention of any suspicious persons, as you had already suggested. Saeunn is loyal, I have no doubt of her ability to keep this whole plan a secret. She won't fail. And yes, Herr Reichskommadant gave the password to activate her which I will do when we leave. " Angelika said as she stood up, her suit squeaking as she did so. She grabbed her helmet and placed it over her head, taking time to make sure it fit properly.

" Shall we depart?" Angelika said, her voice muffled by the mask.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:38 am

Schattenkrag rolled her eyes as she watched Angelika stand up, the squeaking all too audible for her sensitive ears. Not to mention the clicking of the heels on the tiled floor. If this mission had been dependent on actual stealth rather than a disguise then they'd have had some problems. As it stood, Schattenkrag merely made a mental note to have a chat with the Reichskommandant later, after this entire business was over.

She threw another glare at Saeunn, silently promising the Nachfolgian that if she fucked this up, she'd most certainly ask for an assassination assignment for her, then she walked back over to the secret passage, putting her hand on a lever and monotonously replying to Angelika:

"We shall."

She waited for Angelika to follow her before pulling the lever down, the fireplace closing behind them again and flames starting to flicker once more. So they had left the bedroom they way they had entered it...but found themselves in absolute darkness now as the passage apparently wasn't lit, Schattenkrag apparently having forgotten to switch on the lights or just having her own bit on revenge on Angelika, her mask as well as her red eyes piercing through the darkness with relative ease and allowing the Xer to move down the corridor swiftly. She was, of course, not aware of the functions Angelika's outfit came with, having to rely solely on guesswork there so she wouldn't really know that the moment Angelika had properly fastened the helmet on her head, the entire inside lit up, the visor before Angelika appearing like a screen with various information being displayed there. And when they entered the tunnel, it appeared to switch practically automatically to a night vision mode, allowing her to see everything as clear as though it was day...though with a certain green tint.

It was when they reached a winding staircase that a deep shadow, one of a few which the helmet didn't seem to be able to look through, started to move, blocking their way. It was then that the thing in question started showing up clearer on Angelika's HUD, a person wearing much the same her double had at the docks...aka a black, hooded cloak that hid all their features. A sweet, feminine voice rang out, its tone full of desire on one hand and a certain sense of disappointment on the other:

"Veronika, Veronika, Veronika. What's this small stunt about? Hoping to sneak out in the dark, away from someone who is one with it?"

Schattenkrag had frozen for but a moment, her hand having reached to her holster when the shadow moved in their way. However, she visibly relaxed when the shadow started speaking, though not fully. Rather, she went from tense, expecting some form of danger or ambush, to tense, being supremely annoyed. Almost stomping on the ground, the Exilvanian sniper roughly shoved the cloaked figure to the side, beginning to head down the stairs though still giving the cloaked person a reply:

"Small stunt, eh? That's rich from the one who's supposed to be watching the car instead of playing games in dark passages. And no, this was for our Nachfolgian friend here, who thought it to be a wonderful idea to have her gorilla jump me."

The cloaked figure seemed to give Angelika another look, holding a gloved hand out to stop the Nachfolgian before calling down the spiral staircase:

"You DO realize that she's wearing a Vögler V.5 Zivil suit? That's top of the line, non-military equipment. I wager her night vision is just as good as yours and probably comes with some additional goodies."

Schattenkrag didn't give a response, not thinking it being worth a response. Meanwhile the cloaked figure before Angelika took her hand away, letting the Oberste Führerin pass, though as she did so, the mask's audio receptors likely picked up on a whisper:

"Very promising. Very promising indeed..."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Angelika followed Schattenkrag down into the dark passage, leaving her old life behind, at least for now. From then on, she was no longer the Oberste Führerin of the Reichsmilitarstraat, one of the most powerful nations in the world. She now has no name and no face, a lowly figure wearing a mask. She had not had this kind of anonymity in her entire life, being born into power and authority. Everywhere she went as a child, everyone knew her face as the daughter of the most powerful man in Nachfolgia. Angelika was a celebrity amongst the people and she afforded very little privacy. These next weeks might offer her an interesting reprieve from her normal life.

The darkness of the stairs and passageway would have been more troublesome without the mask Angelika was given. The night vision capabilities allowed her to see clearly as she followed Schattenkrag. It wasn't the only piece of tech intertwined within the mask and suit. From her HUD inside the helmet, she could see a variety of different monitors. Her heart rate was being monitored as well as her blood oxygen level and core temperature. She was warm and comfortable despite know ling how cold the passageway was, leaving her to believe that the suit was self warming.

The suit and helmet were of the highest quality with state of the art tech which was a pleasant surprise to Angelika. It was nice to know that her partner nation had some technology that was far beyond normal standards. She wondered what other technology the Exilvanians had hiding and whether they would be willing to share it.

Angelika, being lost in thought, almost bumped into Schattenkrag when she suddenly stopped. Before she could ask what happened, Angelika noticed her Xer companion slowly reach for her weapon. It didn't take her long to know why. In front of them, a bit down the hallway, was a large shadowy mass that the night vision mode could not see through. Her body tensed, unsure of what was going on and if it was hostile. The shadow quickly faded as a cloaked figure manifested. As she spoke, Angelika recognized her voice as the Ordo member, Etheltryth.

A quick exchange of words between the two Xers, mostly jabs at each other, and Schattenkrag continued down the stairs. Angelika took one step before Etheltryth stopped her. Angelika turned her head to look at her, her night vision illuminating the Xer's cloaked figure. The sudden interference caused Angelika some unease She was alone without any support and knew that she didn't stand a chance against Etheltryth if she were to try something. It almost made her wise she had Saeunn by her side.The Ordo Agent called down to Schattenkrag who was already descended the staircase, mentioned that Angelika's suit model and that it had some other features yet unknown to her.

Etheltryth quickly allowed her to pass which Angelika did without a word spoken. As she walked past, her helmet picked up the comment the Xer muttered under her breath. Angelika knew that she had looked at her figure as she walked past. All Angelika could do was smirk and continue walking to catch up to Schattenkrag.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:42 am

If either of the Exilvanians were miffed by Angelika's silence, they didn't show any of it, instead going about their business as professional and almost robotic as could be. Schattenkrag was leading the way, the sound of her mask's "eye" 's whirring and readjusting constantly being picked up by Angelika's audio receptors. Behind her walked Etheltryth, or atleast so could be assumed for Etheltryth moved silently and if Angelika was to look back, she would only see emptiness behind her, as though nobody had ever been there. But Etheltryth was still there, she could occasionally hear her chuckle in her ear, even if there would be no one when she would look or strike out.

The spiral staircase ended before long, Schattenkrag leading them down a few more corridors and smaller staircases. Sounds coming from beyond the walls indicated that they were in more populated parts of the castle and that life was going about as it normally did there. It was here that Schattenkrag became very conscious of the noise they were making, turning around to Angelika multiple times and putting a gloved finger on her mask, hissing at her to be quiet, a feat that proved to be difficult given the nature of her footwear and the material of the suit itself, the clicking of heels and the squeaking of the tight material always being very audible in the narrow and otherwise completely silent corridor as they passed forward.

As they continued further, the path narrowed. Nothing unusual as it had narrowed several times already and this just forced each of them to move sideways in a single line, doing their best to make themselves as thin as possible as they sidestepped further and further.

But this time was different as a few voices wafted to them. A pair of voices that caught Schattenkrag's attention immediately, leading to her grabbing Angelika's arm and hissing:

"Don't make a single fucking sound Nachfolgian and just move."

However, before she could move or even just retort, another hand grabbed her other arm, squeezing it a bit though not in a way that hurt. A sweet voice dripping with unspoken promises whispered into Angelika's ear:

"Oh, don't listen to Veronika. She's just such a spoilsport. Besides, I am sure you'd be more than willing to stay and listen...afterall, knowing more about the Reichskommandant never hurts and you are oh so curious concerning him and our people hehehe..."

Schattenkrag looked like she was about to speak up...but when the voices continued speaking she kept quiet and instead aggressively tugged at Angelika's arm, clearly not wanting her to listen.

"...should just arrange for an accident during the trials. Nobody will mind, nobody will miss her. She went in thinking she could do it and knew the risks...though her entourage might feel quite differently there."

It was an unfamiliar voice. Young too, like those of most Exilvanians, but nonetheless unfamiliar. However, the voice that replied was very much familiar, even muffled by the gasmask. By this point Angelika would likely recognize it with ease.

"Dealing with those when the time comes will be my responsibility. As for the trials, remember, no intervention unless it is absolutely necessary. If we act rashly, this can cost us everything we have built these past decades. We need a good reason at the bare minimum and plausible deniability of any involvement in the best case scenario."

Schattenkrag was still tugging at Angelika's arm yet Etheltryth held her other arm and had come rather close by now, her suit rubbing against Angelika's as she leaned in closer, whispering:

"Awww, how funny isn't it. The Reichskommandant plotting behind your back already? Who knows what else he will say if we stick around?"

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:24 pm

Angelika continued to follow Schattenkrag down the stairs and through the narrow passage. The fact that they had been walking for several minutes was a testament to how large the Exilvanian mansion was. It reminded her quite a bit of her personal residence. Built well before the rise of the Iron Legion during the reign of the Alvensleben Kaiserreich, Sturmgeist manor features a plethora of unused rooms and passageway. It was far too big for a single family to occupy all areas of the mansion so many areas haven't been used since the Kaiserreich.  She remembered getting lost in the manor on multiple occasions during her early childhood. If it wasn't for Schattenkrag leading the way, Angelika was certain she'd get lost here without any way of getting out.

Angelika squeezed single file behind Schattenkrag, trying not to make too much noise in this narrow passageway. Her high heels and spandex body suit was doing an excellent job at hindering that. So much so that she almost didn't notice the muffled voices coming from the other side of the wall. As soon as Angelika turned her attention to the voices, Schattenkrag grabbed her arm, causing her to flinch. She apparently didn't want her to ease drop on the voices, once of which was the Reichskommadant himself. Etheltryth, on the other hand, had different plans. She wanted her to listen in, enticing her with possible gossip and info.

Enticing the opportunity was, far too much for Angelika to possibly resist. Information, in her mind, had always been a more menacing threat, more so than any weapon of war. That's why she had secretly admired the Ordo and Etheltryth since she first met them. Not only were they assassins, but spies as well, collectors of information. Glancing at Etheltryth, Angelika leaned closer to the wall, giving the audio receptors in her helmet an easier time picking up the voices.

So that's how it was going to be? Once again, The Reichskommadant was plotting something behind Angelika's back, possibly tampering with the trials. At this point, she would have expected it. Plots and political intrigue seemed to be part of their relationship, almost like a way of flirting. Angelika rather enjoyed it at times, but now Haegler was becoming predictable. Of course, he would try something while Angelika is the furthest away from her nation and security personnel. This revelation wasn't going to deter her away from the trials. Angelika was going to continue on with her goals to further the alliance. Now, however, she would have to be more vigilant from now on out.

Angelika stepped back from the wall and nudged Schattenkrag's arm. " Let's continue on. I believe I got all I needed." She whispered, smiling from behind her mask.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:06 pm

Schattenkrag seemed slightly surprised by Angelika's sudden decision, stumbling slightly as Angelika nudged her, removing the resistance she had been struggling against. She caught herself quickly however, to the silent chuckle of Etheltryth, saying gruffly:

"Less than you needed, more than you should have."

Then they continued through the secret passage, the narrow part luckily soon being behind them. However, it was still far from the end of it all, their journey through the bowels of Dietrich's castle taking atleast another quarter of an hour and partially involving gymnastics to get through some of the more...adventuruous parts of the passages, some requiring them all to break out into a short sprint, some requiring them to shimmy along ledges or grips made in the ceiling. Some required actual ropeswinging. The lower they got in the castle, the more often such exercises were necessary due to deadly traps and the more spacious the secret passages and rooms became to the point that it was clear the fortress practically hosted a secondary shadow fortress within itself. During their hardships, Schattenkrag was notably avoiding to look at Angelika, leading the way and ignoring the Oberste Führerin. Etheltryth wass quite different there, keeping a close watch on Angelika at all times and even lending a helping hand occasionally when/if Angelika struggled with an trap.

It was a peculiar change in how she was being handled though the reasons were quite plain. Without a doubt Schattenkrag was pissed off to the point she didn't care too much about Angelika's wellbeing anymore. Etheltryth on the other hand had found some form of value in Angelika in the inofficial war she and her sisters waged against Dietrich, hence her sudden care for Angelika.

However, when they reached what was clearly a relatively new wall of reinforced concrete, Schattenkrag pulling a handle let into it which caused the platform they were standing on to start spinning, together with the wall itself, Angelika probably knew that it was finally over. They had made it out of the old secret passages and into...apparently the parking lot. Cold, electric light bathed the tarred platform into an unpersonal, uncaring light, absorbed by all the black limousines gathered down here. Schattenkrag wasted no time in heading to one of the limousines in question, pulling out a key and unlocking the doors in one swift motion. However, before she, Angelika or even Etheltryth could follow, a shout made Schattenkrag freeze.

"Scharfschützenmeisterin Schattenkrag! What a strange coincidence to find you here."

Stepping forward from behind a concrete pillar, a tall woman in an odd Exilvanian uniform came into view, her heavy boots' thumps echoing through the entire parking lot. And the closer she came the clearer it became that she was indeed tall, abnormally so. Even with the high heels adding a few inches to Angelika's already great height, the newcomer was towering over her by atleast a head if not more. Her dark eyes did not reflect any light nor did there seem to be any change in the pupils to adjust to the light, the eyes simply staring soullessly at Angelika and Schattenkrag and...and Etheltryth had apparently vanished into thin air. Interestingly, the woman didn't wear any mask at all.

"I-Inspektionsleiterin Kostka! What are you doing here in the parking lot of all places?"

Schattenkrag was clearly a little bit shaken, this Inspektionsleiterin Kostka clearly being a person of some dread, at least in this situation. Schattenkrag was so clearly shaken and it was apparently so unusual that Kostka raised an eyebrow before asking almost casually:

"Why I just arrived and parked my car. Is there anything strange in that Scharfschützenmeisterin? Or are you perhaps hiding something?"

Luckily Schattenkrag was wearing a mask that covered most of her face as well as gloves and all, else her wet palms or some of the sweat trickling down her forehead would've been visible.

"I-uh-I, no, I am not hiding anything. I am merely bringing this model who the Vögler GmbH & Co. KG CEO brought with him in trying to sell some new kind of suit to him away. Her use during the negotiations has expired."

The Inspektionsleiterin threw a glance at Angelika, finally actually acknowledging her presence, her dead eyes remaining for a while on the smooth, opaque surface that was Angelika's helmet before she turned around fully and was over by Angelika's side in merely two steps. Her eyes trailed down along Angelika's figure and even though her face didn't betray any of it, there was a rather unappropriate feeling in the air. A moment later a gloved hand rose and took a hold of Angelika's helmet, the thumb rubbing over the faceplate, creating a squeaking sound.

"Vögler GmbH & Co. KG certainly have an impeccable taste when it comes to their models and matching them with products they appear to have been made to show off. I can imagine many a weak willed foreigner getting quite weak at such a sight. Isn't that quite right, model?"

Another hand suddenly landed on Angelika's behind, drawing her closer to the Inspektionsleiterin in a most inappropriate way while her other hand still held her helmet in place in an iron hard grip easily rivalling if not overcoming that of Dietrich himself. Kostka's face had also taken on a rather...morbid look. Angelika's audio receptors meanwhile picked up Schattenkrag audibly facepalming. But that wasn't the only thing she would hear inside her helmet for the radio suddenly crackled inside, Etheltryth's melodic voice whispering into her ears like a sweet, sweet lullaby:

"Well what a rotten luck. Must've been Sein's doing. I wager we've been found out...not a surprise really when running into the ZZ Inspektionsleiterin. Probably your posture and Veronika's abortion of her normal behaviour that told her. I'd recommend coming clean while you still can..."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:05 am

Following Schattenkrag for awhile had brought them to a dark, isolated parking lot. From what Angelika observed, the lot seemed to be empty except for a few cars and limos. The feeling and atmosphere of the parking lot could attested to one in the middle of the night in a horror movie. Dark, isolated, sinister in someway, like it was hiding a monster within its shadows. Angelika had an uneasy feeling about it and for good reason.  

Little did the Nachfolgian know that a monster was indeed hiding within the shadow. An unknown Exilvanian didn't reveal herself until she called out to Schattenkrag with a cheery yet threatening way. Turning around quickly, Angelika saw the Xer. A woman of unusual height, taller than even Angelika, strolled up to them. She was wearing an Xer uniform with a coat draped over her shoulders. At first, this woman ignored Angelika completely and focused on Schattenkrag. Their exchange was interesting to say the least. It seemed that Schattenkrag felt fear when confronted by the superior officer, Inspektionsleiterin Kostka. Angelika didn't think that the Xer was afraid of anything, but if this cold blooded sniper fears Kostka, it must be for good reason. 

The moment Kostka turned her attention to Angelika, she was overcome by a sense of dread. Kostka's eyes were cold and lifeless, their piercing gaze seemed to look right through her. Was this how Schattenkrag felt around Kostka constantly? It would explain the fear she had for her own countryman. Angelika couldn't help but flinch a bit as Kostka reached up to touch her mask and once again when she touched her ass inappropriately. Knowing the importance of the mission at hand, Angelika kept her composure, not revealing who she was, despite Etheltryth's words of surrender. Instead, Angelika played along with the story Schattenkrag came up with for her in the moment.

" Thank you, Frau Inspektionsleiterin." Angelika replied, keeping still as Kostka kept her close. She tried her best to change how she sounds as she had no idea how to active the helmet's voice changer without Kostka knowing. Angelika knew how high brow she usually sounded and opted to attempt a more blue collar Xer way of speaking. " Herr Vögler is a genius in pairing me with his outfit. Does the Inspektionsleiterin agree that she likes how the outfit looks on its model?" Angelika added, showing it off a little more for Kostka. Hopefully, it would be enough to distract the Xer away from her voice.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:22 am

Kostka's eyelids closed, narrowing her gaze through litte more than small slits, making the stare of the dead eyes so much more intensive. She was still smiling her eerie smile but it was clear that something was not the way she wanted it to be. Atleast she removed her hand from Angelika's behind though still kept her grip on the mask, keeping Angelika close. Without ever letting her eyes leave Angelika, she addressed Schattenkrag, asking:

"Are you certain this is a model, Schattenkrag? She's appears to be quite unwilling to show off the goods she is supposed to be selling for her employer."

Atleast Schattenkrag seemed to have caught herself again by this point, the Exilvanian sniper merely shrugging before saying with a measure of disinterest:

"That is what I have been told. If you want to know more you're going to have to ask the Reichskommandant or Vögler if you can catch him. Now if you don't mind, I want to be done with this task so I can return to better stuff than this."

Angelika could hear the door to the limousine behind her being opened, Kostka reacting immediately as she straightened herself out again to look past Angelika, leaving her for once not in the focus of those dead eyes. Hell, she even let go of Angelika's helmet, instead crossing her arms before her chest and asking:

"Right, I absolutely will. I am here anyway because I have to talk with him about the Nachfolgians. Besides, I do want to meet their Oberste Führerin. It's not every day I get to meet heads of state afterall. Unless I oversee their execution."

She said the last part jokingly, most likely because there was no country in recent history that had seen itself conquered by the Exilvanians and as such there could have been no such executions. Yeuzuishan had been the first true conquest in over two centuries and even there they had mindfully shared the executions with their Nachfolgian allies.

"Anyway, bye."

And with that Kostka was gone, leaving only the quickly quietening sound of her footsteps behind. The Xers were apparently not surprised, this kind of behaviour probably being the norm from Kostka so they went about their business as usual, Schattenkrag already in the driver's seat and starting the engine while Etheltryth, having come out of literal nowhere again, was already getting into the co-driver's seat, leaving only the backseats for Angelika.

"Seatbelts, please."

, Schattenkrag said monotonously once everyone was in, not waiting for them to get them locked before she started to slowly maneuver the limousine out of its parking lot and, after the guard opened the garade gate, driving out into the city.

"Phew, Nichts seems quite intent on seeing you...An-ge-li-ka."

, Etheltryth cooed sweetly, pronouncing every single syllable of Angelika's surname. It was an obvious attack on Angelika's pride again as in Exilvanian society atleast, using first names was normally reserved for family, lovers and close friends, Etheltryth being none of that to Angelika.

"You know, the Inspektionsleiterin could've popped your head like an overripe fruit if she had wanted to? How does it feel to have been so close to death? Must've really been divine intervention that made her back off because I could've sworn she already licked blood on you. And when she licks blood, there'll normally be blood shortly after."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:44 am

Angelika stood there motionless as Kostka became suspicious of her true identity. While she asked Schattenkrag if Angelika was really a model, never diverting her terrifying gaze. As much as her instincts screamed danger, that she should run, she did not. She was afraid, but she couldn't afford to show that in her body language. While the mask hid the sweat running down her face and her facial expression, nothing was there to cover her movement. So she had to stand there, completely still, as Kostka held onto her mask.

When it seemed like Kostka was about to expose Angelika as a fraud, Schattenkrag saved the entire operation by suggesting Kostka go talk to the people in charge. This apparently reminded Kostka that she had to talk to the Reichskommadant anyway. The terrifyingly tall Xer retreated and slunk back into the shadows of the parking deck. While Schattenkrag and Ethelyth got into the car, Angelika stood in the same spot, petrified in fear. It was one of the few times in her life that she had truly feared a person. Whoever Kostka was, she gave off an aura of death that shook Angelika to her core. Angelika focused on the echoing footsteps of the tall Xer until she could no longer pick them up with her helmet's audio receptors.

Angelika didn't move until she heard the doors of the car close. She quickly got into the backseat that the Xers had reserved just for her. As expected, Ethelyth had something to say, once again trying to undermine Angelika's confidence in going through with the trials.

" Yes...that woman commands fear and death like weapons on the battlefield. It should be interesting how my entourage will fair against her." Angelika said calmly, not bothering to look at Ethelyth.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:47 pm

"Heh, I wish she'd command them on the battlefield. Sadly, we aren't quite that fortunate."

, Etheltryth spat, clearly disliking Kostka as she leaned back again, stretching her herself like a cat.

"No, that was the Reichskommandant's attack dog. The one he's unleashed on his own to keep order. I think she is the Exilvanian with the single highest number of Exilvanians personally killed. You'll be hard pressed to find ANYONE in Exilvania who commands more fear and death."

"Are you two in the back finished discussing topics the ZZ Inspektionsleiterin would probably love to hear about?"

, a rather annoyed voice came from the front, Schattenkrag not turning around to check up on them though, keeping her eyes trained on the road before them. It appeared that despite the late hour, the Exilvanian city was bustling with life, perhaps more so than usual, pedestrians quickly scurrying out of the way as they saw the car approaching. On a few occasions they even sped past the odd ZZ patrol doing its rounds, the paramilitary men immediately snapping to attention and saluting with outstretched arms as the limousine passed them.

It didn't take much longer for them to make it to the what appeared to be the city's main train station, an imposing building, kept in a victorian style and with a massive ceiling, made from metal and glass, covering the platforms. A parking lot outside, filled with a relatively low number of identical, older cars, was where Schattenkrag brought them to a stop, engaging in a careful parking maneuver to get the limousine parked just right. If there were any questions concerning the low number of cars, Schattenkrag would merely answer:

"Despite his majesty's original plan of supplying every family with a Vladswaggen, we have never come to realize that dream. The wars you see. And after...well...the Reichskommandant thinks it more important to keep the streets free for use by the government and has as such encouraged the use of public transportation."

What followed would be almost like a blur, Schattenkrag leading her (and apparently only her because Etheltryth appeared to have...disappeared again) through the train station. Speakers blared shrill announcements concerning the arrival and departure of trains and workers and passengers hustled and bustled about in the halls, grabbing tickets and undergoing checks for weapons and similar things. Schattenkrag bought tickets for a first class cabin ride to a place called "Zvadviste" before leading Angelika to a security checkpoint. Yet before Angelika could walk through the checkpoint, Schattenkrag would roughly pull her aside, hissing:

"Are you trying to out yourself already? Growing tired of not having everyone bow and scrape before you? They got bioscanners there so unless you want to publicly announce yourself as Nachfolgian, you let me finish business here first."

And with that Schattenkrag was gone again, leaving Angelika alone within a crowd of people lining up to pass the checkpoint. She could probably feel the gaze of multiple guards on her as well as a good chunk of the people lining up. Some of these gazes bore a certain negativity. Others...deference. And yet others simply lust, the outfit, even with the rags over it, showing off her features perfectly.

Someone roughly bumped into her from behind, an elbow painfully landing in her back and likely making Angelika, standing on heels afterall, possibly lose her footing. And all that to bellowing laughter as whoever had bumped into her watched her flail about. That someone...turned out to remind Angelika of someone else she had met but a short while ago. Towering over her much like this other person had in the parking lot, albeit this one featured bulging, white muscles and a broad chest and back under his blue uniform. A gas mask obscured his face while a helmet reminiscent of an old Pickelhaube sat on his head. In his hand he held some sort of strange gun...if Angelika knew anything about Exilvanian warfare, then she'd quickly realize that this was a so called "Veteran", colloquially referred to as "Vet" and this specific Vet clearly held an Acid Gas Thrower in his hand.

"Well, well, well, what have we here? I'll have you know, loitering in locations critical to national defense, even for someone of your status, is forbidden. Oh, or perhaps you are not, in fact, some shitty little noble lady who pisses her pants, I mean, shiny new bodysuit, when confronted with the masses but rather some saboteur?!? A spy?!? What are you trying to gain from here you little bitch!?!"

, the Vet, who had started out maliciously albeit calmly, quickly talked himself into a rage-infused state, his Acid Gas Thrower remaining at his side but that was not a tool he needed to kill or seriously maim Angelika, given those biceps and those massive hands. Due to the Vet's shouting, people also started taking notice, the lines parting to form a circle around Angelika and the Vet, nearly all stares she could feel on her still having now turned hostile and the occasional jeer being heard. More ZZ troopers were on their way through the crowd, coming from the checkpoint, likely to apprehend Angelika and haul her off to whatever dungeons they had for investigation and interrogation.

And Schattenkrag was still nowhere to be seen...

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:04 pm

Staring up at the tall man, Angelika was hesitant to get up off the ground. Unsure of how to react to this clearly unhinged man before her, lest she draw even more attention to herself. She decides silence would probably be best at this time. She slowly got up off the ground, being careful not to appear hostile. Angelika avoided looking him in the eyes, appearing meek and fragile, her hands close to her body.

He seemed rather unintelligent, or perhaps mad, but hos physical prowess far surpassed her own. No matter, it would suit her just fine if he underestimated her. Angelika calmly looked about, seeking an opening in the crowd. Perhaps she could run. Disappear into the crowd and wait. Surely the dumb beast would lose interest after a while.

Where was Schattekrag? At this point she had been ignoring the large man for too long. Angelika was alone, Novone ot back her up. No shield maiden to keep her safe or run her out of harms way. She had to face the soldiers on her own now. Death would surely come fast for her as she had no chance of escape or victory in combat. Perhaps this was indeed the end of the Oberste Fuhrurin of Nachfolgia, dead in a foreign land.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:51 pm

"What? Direhound got your tongue?"

, the Vet asked to the jeers of the crowd, pushing Angelika yet again, her inactivity emboldening him. It was a rough push though atleast this time being one Angelika could see coming and possibly brace against. Still, the Vet seemed intent on following his pushes and shoves up with something more lethal, taking the acid gas thrower into his hands and fiddling with a few settings, the soulless eyes of his gasmask staring at Angelika as he hissed:

"Well then, spy, let's see how well your fancy suit takes to a nice little spray of-"

"Of blood, yes. I am sure it'd be quite easy to wipe off"

The Vet was suddenly cut off mid speech, the dangerously sweet and only slightly muffled voice of Etheltryth continuing the sentence for him. Angelika didn't even have to look for long, Etheltryth suddenly sitting on the Vet's shoulder, a strange, glowing, purple knife pressed against his neck. Or perhaps merely held? Either way, a thin trickle of blood was running along it as the beautiful Exilvanian looked down at Angelika, shrugged and asked:

"Atleast that is my experience with my own suit. I realize yours is of different make but they do seem to share similarities."

More ZZ men finally arrived at the scene, having managed to make their way through the crowd. The rowdy Vet in the meantime hadn't moved a muscle, the knife at his throat a very good argument against it. The other ZZ troopers had no such threats to their own lives to fear however, all of them levelling their submachineguns at Angelika and Etheltryth. Now finally the Vet spoke again, a rumbling chuckle emanating from his chest as he quietly said:

"Still pissy about having lost, assassin? Scram now and the Reichskommandant may forget about your little intrusion into our work here. If you don't, well-"

The knife pressed slightly more, the Vet reacting by immediately shutting up and straining his neck to get it away from the knife.

"Normally I am all about putting salt into a wound but this is my wound so I really don't appreciate it. You ZZlers should really get a grip of yourself. Just because you won doesn't mean you can or should just throw everything into the wind and act like you're the new gods of this place or something...because we'd get some really big problems if you did."

What had started out smooth and lovely with a voice like that of an angel in a casual conversation quickly turned into an extremely insidious and low threat as Etheltryth vented some of her own anger at the ZZ at the poor Vet, the massive heap of muscles practically trying to bend over backwards just to get away from her knife. Luckily for both sides, before things could escalate further, a yell ripped through the air, someone shouting:

"What in the four hells is going on here?!?"

Most of the ZZ troopers didn't react, keeping their guns trained on Angelika and Etheltryth. The crowd however turned around for the most while Etheltryth waved with her free hand and blew a kisshand the way the voice had come, calling out:

"Oh hey Schattenkrag, how nice of you to join us. Now just look what your fellow and oh so great comrades have been doing here, just happily damaging our package. You know, we really can't take broken goods. Though it is debatable if she was ever not broken."

And of course Schattenkrag was elbowing her way through the crowd, coming out near Angelika and surveying the entire situation in a single glance. She rolled her one free eye at Etheltryth's comment but otherwise didn't react to it, instead pulling down the guns of two soldiers next to her and focusing on defusing the situation, giving new orders, having the men disperse the crowd and all before she stepped forward eyeing Etheltryth on top of the Vet and simply hissed:

"Do you have to make this much of a scene?"

To which both Etheltryth and the Vet responded with:

"But they started it!"

"But they started it!"

Which caused Schattenkrag to roll her eye yet again and just grab Angelika by her arm and pull her with her, mumbling something about dumb musclebags and religious nutjobs as she pulled her along towards the checkpoint they had almost passed previously. However, this time a small door had been opened on the side, being held open by a ZZ trooper who merely saluted before Schattenkrag and didn't spare another glance for Angelika, letting them both through without issue.

After they got through the checkpoint, Schattenkrag led Angelika into the main hall where atleast a dozen of train platforms were lined up next to one another, A train was currently coming in while another two were already standing there, Exilvanians boarding in an orderly fashion so as to keep the process quick and efficient. Nobody was keen on losing time on a train platform. There was nothing particularly unique about the train station itself, the interior design as well as the people all being things Angelika should at this point be familiar with. However, it was the first time she would actually see Exilvanian trains. On first look they didn't look special in any way but on second look one would quickly note that the waggons all seemed to be airtight compartments. They also appeared broader than regular waggons, clearly being optimized for longer travels through the wasteland with more comfortable interiors and advanced air refreshers and acclimatization units. The locomotives pulling these monstrosities similarly seemed odd, like a strange blend of old, coal powered locomotives and something new. Either way, it was a pretty damn massive locomotive.

Schattenkrag led Angelika far towards the front of the train, to the third waggon behind the locomotive. Signs on its side identified it as a first class waggon and the waggons before it as the first class restaurant as well as a Nerocite Waggon for the locomotive. The doors however seemed locked, though there was a small machine on its side with a small slit where Schattenkrag quickly inserted the tickets, the machine accepting them with a beep and a green light, the door swinging open immediately after.

Not wasting any more time, Schattenkrag shooed Angelika into the waggon, the interior of which very much resembled the palace Angelika had left behind. An expensive show of pomp and splendour, reserved entirely for the wealthy and the powerful. The cabin they were led to by a blue clad stewardess was equally pompous, feeling almost more like a small flat on a cruise ship than a train cabin. A minibar, small kitchen, bathroom, TV, radio, wardrobe and a large bed. A single bed which was also occupied Etheltryth lying within it, her arms crossed behind her head, the assassin watching them with a bemused look. Schattenkrag luckily reacted immediately, complimenting the stewardess out of the room and closing the door behind her, shutting out the entire world and all the woes they had just suffered through.

With a sigh she slid down along the door, muttering:

"Thank Nichts we're finally alone and don't have to worry anymore."

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sun May 09, 2021 9:00 am

The shove from the hulking Exilvanian Vet nearly knocked her off her feet for the second time. Despite the high heel boots, Angelika managed to keep on her feet, only stumbling back a few more feet. The Xer didn't stop there, pointing his weapon at her, fully intending on melting her right then and there. Staring down the barrel of an acid weapon for the second time in her life, Angelika felt an all too familiar fear. She's seen what that particular acid weapon can do and without Schattekrag and Etheltryth to help her, she would be it's next victim. Stunned with fear, all she could do is stare down the barrel of her own doom and mutter a single word.

" I-"

That was all she could muster to say as another voice cut her off. It was the familiar voice of Etheltryth, perched onto of the Vet's shoulder, a knife to his throat. The Ordo Agent had a bad habit of disappearing when she was needed when led to Angelika being in trouble, but she knew that was Etheltryth's game. She didn't like the Nachfolgian being there and Angelika didn't blame her. She'd be skeptical too of a foreigner muscling in of tradition.

Nevertheless, Angelika was glad to see her or at least she was if she figured the ZZ would relent. The did not, however, not until Schattenkrag pushed her way through the crowd. Being a ZZ soldier herself, Schattenkrag ordered the men to stand down, ending the Mexican stand off between the Ordo Agent and the dozen or so ZZ. After scolding the Vet and Etheltryth like a mother would two misbehaved children, Schattenkrag took Angelika through the checkpoint and to the safety of the train.

The train itself didn't look like much at first glance. It was an older model train similar to the KDL series used by the Nachfolgian Wehrmacht by in the days of Angelika's Great Great Grandfather. What made it stand out to Angelika was the new additions to it. The windows were sealed tight, the vents enclosed, and the cars were wider than normal. They were considerably wide, possibly to accompany various amenities.

When Angelika was led into the first class cabin, that was when she was really impressed. The interior was similar in ornate design to the manor she just left. It seems like the Exilvanians have a particular style of interior design. There was no expense withheld in decorating this first class car. The splendor of the interior reminded her of her own personal train, a one of a kind electric Kriegslok train. While the exterior of looked like a run of the mill armored train, the interior was of exquisite design, much like what you would find in a mansion. This Exilvanian train made her feel right at home, despite being thousands of miles away.

Following Schattenkrag to her seat, Angelika breathed a sigh of relief. For now, she was safe, but she knew that this was just the beginning of her journey. The calm before the storm. Not knowing what the trails will have in store for her, the least she could do know was enjoy the down time she had.

Angelika looked around at the rest of the car, noting Etheltryth lying on a bed in the back. That woman seems to be everywhere at once, showing up randomly like the wind. Once Schattenkrag closed and locked the door to the train car,  Angelika took off her mask. She sighed, enjoying the cool air on her sweaty face. Her hair was messy due to the mask and sweat. Looking at Schattenkrag and then Etheltryth, Angelika finally spoke.

" I appreciate the help, Frau Schattenkrag and Frau Etheltryth. I know this can not have been easy for you both."

Angelika then took a seat at a nearby table, laying her mask on the table top.

" I assume this is going to be a long trip, yes?"

Military Factbook
Strike witches

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents