NATION

PASSWORD

War for the Abecean Isles (Aurelius Members Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:47 pm

He squints his eyes and clenches his fist. His breath is heavy and his teeth clench together

"With all due respect, my lord. You should really reconsider your...offer."

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:58 pm

*James turns back around and faces Rolbert with squinted eyes*

"No other offers will be made either you take it or you can leave but do remember that if you do not take my offer well lets just say war can take a toll on us all."

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:17 pm

"How dare you, you son of a whore! This is beyond insulting to my honor and our deeds in your name.

Rolbert in a rage flips the table over and curses Jame's name

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:35 pm

*The guards instantly blocks the opening to the tent and more run the back and cover it.*

"Actually my mother was crowned a saint and you will regret ever being conceived."

*Guards grab the captain and drag him out onto the beach and toward the forest edge and places his torso on a stump.*

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:12 pm

A large crowd of soldiers, both Imperial and Breton, as well as the mercenary band, all gather around the stump. Confused, many look on with eyebrows raised and are all whispering amongst themselves.

"Wait! That is our captain! Release him, now!!" many of the mercenaries draw their swords, but are quickly surrounded by the alliance soldiers, persuading them to stay still

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:21 pm

*James approaches the captain with his family's great-sword in hand.*

"This man insulted my mother after I tried to tell him that I simply could not pay you the price that he demanded."

*James lifts the sword onto his shoulder and looks toward the mercenary band.*

"Only one man has to die here today and that will be this man but to all of you I will extent an offer of recruitment, all members that join will be spared the horrors of being caught between two professional armies clashing."

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:14 pm

"Fuck you, you tyrannical cunt!! Suck my fat cock!"

The captain squirms and fights to get free, screaming and shouting as he tries to get free

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:56 pm

"Well I was going to fake this and let you spend the rest of your days rowing but.."

*James brings the sword down and slices the captains head off in one swing.*

"You had to go and be rude.*

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:38 pm

The company of mercenaries all watch in horror as their leader is decapitated by King James. Many of them drop their weapons and surrender, fearing that they too may be executed like their leader.

"What a shame. They could have been useful to us." Lucian says, looking at the head of Capt. Rolbert with his head tilted slightly.

Moments of silence pass by as the intensity of the situation increases. A man slowly steps forth and from the crowd and kneels before the king.

"I will serve you, my lord. I expect many of the others will follow after me." The man looks back at a large group of the mercenaries and seeing the expression of 'kneel for fuck's sake or we will all may be dead', they too drop quickly to their knees and swear an oath of service to King James.

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:20 am

*James cracks a small smile while a thought goes through his head, "That's right bow before your king you mongrel dogs." James makes a motions to the mercenary army to head towards the camp.*

"Don't be shy as I said I will spare the life of any soldier who joins me."

*The men slowly start to make their way into the camp as the other continue their work from earlier.*
Last edited by The Land of Matrix on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:45 pm

Night rolls in a few hours later the war council begins to leave for their own tents. Lucian stays behind with his legate and chats with James

"Well, we have the plan of attack, when do we leave." he says sipping more wine

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:51 pm

*James sits down and and pulls out a beer from a chest.*

"Well we should start out tomorrow and end this as fast as possible."

*James takes a swig and props up his feet on the table before unknowingly falling a sleep.*
Last edited by The Land of Matrix on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:01 pm

"I agree. The sooner we get moving, the quicker we can end this, as you said. I need to get back and lead my legions north to the Reach. My general, Aquinto, is having troubles subduing the Reachmen after the slave king was assassinated."

Lucian takes another sip of wine before a question pops into his mind.

"Have you heard of that Nordic king, King Ragvir Iron-Helm? He has made quite the name for himself. He has conquered new territories and expanded his kingdom. Not to mention he has gotten a Breton princess from Northpoint."

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:07 pm

*James half asleep instantly pops his eyes open and sits up staring at Lucian.*

"Please tell me your joking, The king of Northpoint is away i'm very sorry my friend but I have to go to my tent now."

*James hurries out of the tent and toward his own.*

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:28 pm

Confused, Lucian raises a brow and tilts his head. "Curious..." he says to himself before getting up and nodding at his legate. The two leave for their tents and the night goes on. Some men are up late and the watch reports nothing out the ordinary. Cold winds sweep the camp, winter is coming soon even though it is in a warm tropical region. The morning sun rises and the troops are up and ready to go. Tents are being taken down and formations are forming. Lucian mounts his white horse and rides up to Jame's tent.

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:49 am

*Two crewmen are carrying the last of Jame's things away as the king slides his last gantlet on and mounts up on his black horse*

"Well friend my army is getting into formation as well as yours, shall we discuss the use of the mercenaries real quick."

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:57 am

Lucian stops for only a few seconds to respond. In a matter of just a few moments he looks at James and rattles off a quick suggestion. Lucian, being a seasoned general, had commanded many battles and won an overwhelming majority of them too. The recent civil war where he had fought for his throne had turned him into an astute and incredibly skilled tactitian, fighting against incredibly high odds that were against him from the start of the war, often times fighting armies twice the size of his own. This called for him to have to think fast and make quick, split second decisions.

”I think we should use them as a trick up our sleeve. They could be put on a flank and concealed by our cavalry, out of view of the enemy. The cavalry could move forward with the rest of the army, the mercenaries behind them, and when the cavalry is close enough, they will charge into the enemies cavalry. If our cavalry manages to push theirs back, we should use the gap between the enemie’s infantry and cavalry to our advantage by sending the mercenaries in on the flank of the enemie’s main line of Infantry. If it fails and our cavalary does not manage to push theirs back, the mercenaries will be there to support them. If that is the case they should be ordered to move and flank the Sentinelese Redguard cavalry, crushing it and then rolling up the flank of their army and routing it.”

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:26 am

That's a wonderful stratagey, the only question is what will the battlefield look like."

*James orders the rest of his personal guard to mount up and get into formation.*

Daggerfall's army comp

1,500 heavy knights
1,000 medium knights
1,500 mercenaries (light infantry)
1000 archers
500 light horsemen

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:35 am

”We will find one to our liking. The Island is pretty flat with a few hills, nothing great. I imagine it will be a traditional battle, no fancy or complicated maneuvers.”

Imperial Army

Total: 3,000

Heavy Infantry- 2,000
Archers- 500
Spearmen-500

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:57 pm

*As the army marches forward a day has passed by the time the reach the middle of the island when they spot a suitable place for the battlefield most of it being flat with an exception of a small hill in the middle and left side. They make camp before sending out riders to find the enemy.*

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:57 pm

The Imperial army marches at the rear of the allied army, acting as the rear guard in case they are flanked or ambushed. Lucian is at the head if his (at the back of the combined army) in his Emperor’s Regalia, a finely crafted and gilded armor of the Cyrodilic emperors. He rides to the head of the army were they are

”This is a good field for battle. The small hill could be used to conceal our reserves from the view of the enemy.

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:48 pm

*The army settles down and sets up small camps around the top of the field and start to sing and eat while the sun sets over the trees and James sends off 20 riders to find the enemy and try to persuade them to the battlefield to talk terms of the battle and the war.*

Estaras
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Estaras » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:58 pm

(Playing as the army of Sentinel)

In a small village, less than a days march away from the Daggerfall/Imperial army, the army of Sentinel has set up camp. General Noshzandar F'ushja sits comfortably in his tent, drinking wine and smoking from a jeweled hookah. The tent is covered in fine woven carpets and rugs. The silk drapes and curtains divide the tent into smaller rooms decorated with beautifully carved tables and chaise lounges. A scrawny servant comes in with a note on a silver platter. Noshzandar takes it quickly and dismisses his servant with a nod of the head.

"Ah, so they are closer than expected. Their army is larger it seems, maybe 10,000 or so, but I am sure our 8,000 will be enough. We march to meet them in the morning. Wake me when it is time.

Army Composition:

Archer Cavalry- 3,000
Heavy Cataphracts- 1000
Heavy infantry- 3,000
Light infantry- 1,000
Last edited by Estaras on Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:09 pm

*The riders come up to small town with banners of Sentinel draped over some of the buildings. One of the riders approaches the town and tries to hail one of the guards.*
Last edited by The Land of Matrix on Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Estaras
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Estaras » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:50 pm

"HALT! Who goes there? What do you want?" a Redguard soldier says in a deep raspy voice

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents