NATION

PASSWORD

Fire Among the Stars (FT, OOC) (TG/CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Battlefleet Retaliation
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Battlefleet Retaliation » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:21 am

Note that if I ever post with Prussian Polish Commomwealth pretend that I'm using this account.
Think the Imperial Navy from 40k but Christian.
This nation in a nutshell

A 11.4 power civilization, according to this index.
Pro: Not-heresy
Anti: Heresy

The Coalition Theomilitary
Secretary

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Coalition Theomilitary » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:41 am

Gagium, how large are your carriers? I need to know for perspective's sake, since the Onset Recession is, as a superfreighter, several kilometers in size. So there is a very real possibility that the carrier might be docking with the freighter, not the other way around, in case you were thinking otherwise.

Gagium
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gagium » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:53 am

The Coalition Theomilitary wrote:Gagium, how large are your carriers? I need to know for perspective's sake, since the Onset Recession is, as a superfreighter, several kilometers in size. So there is a very real possibility that the carrier might be docking with the freighter, not the other way around, in case you were thinking otherwise.

My carriers are 1.5 kilometers long...of course, by Federation protocol, your freighter will be technically docking with my carrier, when it'll actually be vice versa.
E

Teutonican Empire
Secretary

Founded: Mar 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Teutonican Empire » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:16 am

Faction: Teutonican Empire
Leaders: Empress Lune III
ORBAT:
3x battle carriers
12x star cruisers
36x destroyers
108x corvettes
648x heavy fighters
1000x fighters

No armies are especially ready due to supply issues (will start raising one in first posts)
Alignment: Neutral
Additional Information: Teutonican military technology is somewhat out of date but makes up for it in sheer numbers, so don't get too spooked if I bring in tremendous numbers. It doesn't balance out entirely, as our tech disadvantage is more akin to comparing late 90s - early 2000s tech to 2018 tech and our share of the galactic population is almost to China proportions (China has about 20% of Earth's pop today, Teutons have about 13.5% of galactic pop). I'm willing to nerf if necessary.
Roleplaying Sample: (Entirely optional, link any of your posts in any roleplays if you want though)
Overview Leader Anthem
The Teutonican Empire is an FT Empire of squid-like warrior people, set 1100 years in the future, with strangely Napoleonic or French culture.

Average lifespan of a Teutonican increased by 3 years from 44 to 47, average expected lifespan now at 89

Gagium
Ambassador

Postby Gagium » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:40 am

Can I have more details on what your species & ships are actually made of and how they work Higher Intelligence?
E

Gagium
Ambassador

Postby Gagium » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:41 am

Teutonican Empire wrote:
ORBAT:
3x battle carriers
12x star cruisers
36x destroyers
108x corvettes
648x heavy fighters
1000x fighters

No armies are especially ready due to supply issues (will start raising one in first posts)
Additional Information: Teutonican military technology is somewhat out of date but makes up for it in sheer numbers, so don't get too spooked if I bring in tremendous numbers. It doesn't balance out entirely, as our tech disadvantage is more akin to comparing late 90s - early 2000s tech to 2018 tech and our share of the galactic population is almost to China proportions (China has about 20% of Earth's pop today, Teutons have about 13.5% of galactic pop). I'm willing to nerf if necessary.
Roleplaying Sample: (Entirely optional, link any of your posts in any roleplays if you want though)

Accepted, though try cutting the percentage of the galactic population made up of Teutons in half, which would still be massively large
Last edited by Gagium on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
E

Higher Intelligence
Secretary

Founded: Mar 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Intelligence » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:10 am

Gagium wrote:Can I have more details on what your species & ships are actually made of and how they work Higher Intelligence?

Sure!

The Higher Intelligence is filled with ascended beings known as Transmissions who may take various forms as they see fit. As a society, they have advanced beyond conventional science and merely code things into existence as they see fit. They have no single species, but rather include anyone in their domain who are eager to exist with science and technology - not that they are bound by the limitations of species, anyway, as they merely can code new ones into reality as well (to say nothing of changing themselves from species to species if the urge so descends upon them).

The Transcendence type voidcraft present in the thread is built from fourth dimensional material constructs (tesseracts) coupled with various field effects that propagate over 3D space (gravitic, electromagnetic, etc) courtesy the sheer weight of its existence. Naturally these do not stray far from the craft, as barriers are of course also coded to exist within certain parameters to prevent such things, but these field effects are as much a part of the ship as gravity is essential to a heavenly body.

We have, of course, seen some of the intrinsic properties of the craft so far in the thread (existence beyond Newtonian physics, gravitic and digital shielding, etc, ethereal existence) and I am very excited to be able to present more of them!
Last edited by Higher Intelligence on Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gagium
Ambassador

Postby Gagium » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:46 am

Higher Intelligence wrote:
Gagium wrote:Can I have more details on what your species & ships are actually made of and how they work Higher Intelligence?

Sure!

The Higher Intelligence is filled with ascended beings known as Transmissions who may take various forms as they see fit. As a society, they have advanced beyond conventional science and merely code things into existence as they see fit. They have no single species, but rather include anyone in their domain who are eager to exist with science and technology - not that they are bound by the limitations of species, anyway, as they merely can code new ones into reality as well (to say nothing of changing themselves from species to species if the urge so descends upon them).

The Transcendence type voidcraft present in the thread is built from fourth dimensional material constructs (tesseracts) coupled with various field effects that propagate over 3D space (gravitic, electromagnetic, etc) courtesy the sheer weight of its existence. Naturally these do not stray far from the craft, as barriers are of course also coded to exist within certain parameters to prevent such things, but these field effects are as much a part of the ship as gravity is essential to a heavenly body.

We have, of course, seen some of the intrinsic properties of the craft so far in the thread (existence beyond Newtonian physics, gravitic and digital shielding, etc, ethereal existence) and I am very excited to be able to present more of them!

Hmmmm....and how do you kill Transmissions?
E

Higher Intelligence
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Intelligence » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:49 pm

Gagium wrote:
Sure!

Hmmmm....and how do you kill Transmissions?

As per the higher dimensional nature of Transmissions, effectively countering them with conventional systems is a rather daunting task. Entities of 4D nature and sufficiently advanced transapients are capable of effectively countering them, however; as for their ships - it is perfectly possible, through fairly traditional means, to harm the portion(s) of them that interact with reality as typically perceived, perhaps enough to impede their ability to interact with physical reality or, in more extreme cases, compel them to withdraw.
Last edited by Higher Intelligence on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gagium
Ambassador

Postby Gagium » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:59 pm

Gagium wrote:Hmmmm....and how do you kill Transmissions?

As per the higher dimensional nature of Transmissions, effectively countering them with conventional systems is a rather daunting task. Entities of 4D nature and sufficiently advanced transapients are capable of effectively countering them, however; as for their ships - it is perfectly possible, through fairly traditional means, to harm the portion(s) of them that interact with reality as typically perceived, perhaps enough to impede their ability to interact with physical reality or, in more extreme cases, compel them to withdraw.

Very interesting..thanks
E

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Wait- I'm accepted, right?
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Gagium
Ambassador

Postby Gagium » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:41 pm

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:Wait- I'm accepted, right?

no

Yea, I accepted you
E

Teutonican Empire
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Teutonican Empire » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:53 pm

Gagium wrote:
Teutonican Empire wrote:
ORBAT:
3x battle carriers
12x star cruisers
36x destroyers
108x corvettes
648x heavy fighters
1000x fighters

Accepted, though try cutting the percentage of the galactic population made up of Teutons in half, which would still be massively large

That'd be 6.25%. How about 8.5%?
Overview Leader Anthem
The Teutonican Empire is an FT Empire of squid-like warrior people, set 1100 years in the future, with strangely Napoleonic or French culture.

Average lifespan of a Teutonican increased by 3 years from 44 to 47, average expected lifespan now at 89

Interplanetary Strategic Alliance
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Interplanetary Strategic Alliance » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Tag

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:18 pm

Teutonican Empire wrote:
Gagium wrote:Accepted, though try cutting the percentage of the galactic population made up of Teutons in half, which would still be massively large

Mate, you do realize how big a galaxy is, right? Billions of stars, each capable of supporting trillions of people. Claiming that kind of support is basically a godmod, even if it's a very quiet one.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

The Anchorage, for discussion of all things FT

The Interstellar Human Compact

Teutonican Empire
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Teutonican Empire » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:27 pm

Olimpiada wrote:
Teutonican Empire wrote:

Mate, you do realize how big a galaxy is, right? Billions of stars, each capable of supporting trillions of people. Claiming that kind of support is basically a godmod, even if it's a very quiet one.

I'm aware there's at least 100 billion planets across the galaxy. Also, no, being strong doesn't really default to powergaming if it's not really on an absurd level. Having quadrillions of people and insta-galaxy collapsers would be, but "i outpopulate you by a proportional margin less severe than the Chinese outpopulate the Americans and I also have relatively outdated tech" isn't. Now, shoo, this doesn't involve you. I'll find an acceptable level with Gagium, you're not needed.
Overview Leader Anthem

The Coalition Theomilitary
Secretary

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Coalition Theomilitary » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:33 pm

To be honest, while a claim of such a percentage of the galactic population does sound rather absurd when you think about it, I would be of the opinion that it's only a fairly trivial snippet of information that wouldn't have any particular bearing on the scope of this RP.

As such, it feels kind of like a pointless thing to argue about and criticize in the context of this thread and I don't exactly see why it's a problem in the first place.

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:34 pm

Teutonican Empire wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:Mate, you do realize how big a galaxy is, right? Billions of stars, each capable of supporting trillions of people. Claiming that kind of support is basically a godmod, even if it's a very quiet one.

I'm aware there's at least 100 billion planets across the galaxy. Also, no, being strong doesn't really default to powergaming if it's not really on an absurd level. Having quadrillions of people and insta-galaxy collapsers would be, but "i outpopulate you by a proportional margin less severe than the Chinese outpopulate the Americans and I also have relatively outdated tech" isn't. Now, shoo, this doesn't involve you. I'll find an acceptable level with Gagium, you're not needed.

Claiming 13.5% galactic pop would be claiming quadrillions of people. Assuming your 100 billion planets figure, and understanding that a planet can support at least eight billion people judging by modern day earth, we can come to the conclusion that the galaxy can claim some eight quadrillion people, 13.5% of which would in fact be over a quadrillion people. This is only made worse when one considers the possible economic power of simply having a few hundred billion people, let alone trillions. Escalating by a factor of a hundred thousand is something else entirely, and would result in a hulking leviathan which could easily swallow the disparate polities of the Milky Way whole without even a thought, shortly before moving onto Andromeda for seconds.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

Teutonican Empire
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Teutonican Empire » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:35 pm

Olimpiada wrote:
Teutonican Empire wrote:

Claiming 13.5% galactic pop would be claiming quadrillions of people. Assuming your 100 billion planets figure, and understanding that a planet can support at least eight billion people judging by modern day earth, we can come to the conclusion that the galaxy can claim some eight quadrillion people, 13.5% of which would in fact be over a quadrillion people. This is only made worse when one considers the possible economic power of simply having a few hundred billion people, let alone trillions. Escalating by a factor of a hundred thousand is something else entirely, and would result in a hulking leviathan which could easily swallow the disparate polities of the Milky Way whole without even a thought, shortly before moving onto Andromeda for seconds.

Notice how I'm not claiming 13.5% of the galaxy, but that me and Gagium are actually finding a replacement number.

Now, not going to repeat myself again, butt out, thank you.
Overview Leader Anthem

Higher Intelligence
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Intelligence » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Teutonican Empire wrote:...now, shoo, this doesn't involve you...you're not needed...

What isn't needed is this sort of rudeness.

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:40 pm

Teutonican Empire wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:Claiming 13.5% galactic pop would be claiming quadrillions of people. Assuming your 100 billion planets figure, and understanding that a planet can support at least eight billion people judging by modern day earth, we can come to the conclusion that the galaxy can claim some eight quadrillion people, 13.5% of which would in fact be over a quadrillion people. This is only made worse when one considers the possible economic power of simply having a few hundred billion people, let alone trillions. Escalating by a factor of a hundred thousand is something else entirely, and would result in a hulking leviathan which could easily swallow the disparate polities of the Milky Way whole without even a thought, shortly before moving onto Andromeda for seconds.

Notice how I'm not claiming 13.5% of the galaxy, but that me and Gagium are actually finding a replacement number.

Even 0.01% would be ridiculous. You don't need to claim that much of the galaxy for that kind of population to carry with it a disgusting industrial capacity.

Teutonican Empire wrote:butt out, thank you.

Make me.

Teutonican Empire
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Teutonican Empire » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:41 pm

Teutonican Empire wrote:...now, shoo, this doesn't involve you...you're not needed...

I didn't ask for him to get involved and he wasn't needed in it either. I'm ignoring him now. Moving on.
Overview Leader Anthem

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Teutonican Empire wrote:

I didn't ask for him to get involved and he wasn't needed in it either. I'm ignoring him now. Moving on.

"Hey I don't want to listen to a well reasoned argument regarding balance and getting along nice with other people so I'm just going to be ignorant and childish"

Fardhin
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fardhin » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:54 am

I'm posting under the assumption that Earth exists.
THE FARDHINIST COALITION OF THE NATIONS OF MALAYA
"Hand in hand, we march to meet tomorrow."
Chairman : Farid Harun Samporna | Official Language : Malay | IC Year : 2069 | Anthem : Malaya will be Victorious!
A coalition of the nations of Malaya working hand in hand towards common goals and supporting each other. Founded to combat Natzarist faction in currently ongoing Malayan Civil War [PMT | OPEN].

NEWS:Coalition conducts ICBM and nuclear test, armed missile launched into Sahara with cooperation of Malayan ally, Cairene Arabia. | "Natzar is a fraud and the aristocratic party are traitors. If you are loyal to Malaya, it is much better to support the Coalition." says former Crown Prince Sayf Ar-Rijal Bolkiah.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:07 am

Taggity, I'll join as one of my puppets to be more fitting in the rp
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents