NATION

PASSWORD

Under the Burning Sun - The War of Wars (OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terre Australes
Envoy

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Australes » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:11 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:
New Metropolitan France wrote:Any idea when hostilities will begin in earnest?

I guess the moment when Germany decides to do something crazy....

Not necessarily: French action can also provoke the Germans, so anybody can start the hostilities. There is a big pacific navy in Papua, so even my Australia could do something that would spike up international tension.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:05 am

Terre Australes wrote:
Bengal and Assam wrote:I guess the moment when Germany decides to do something crazy....

Not necessarily: French action can also provoke the Germans, so anybody can start the hostilities. There is a big pacific navy in Papua, so even my Australia could do something that would spike up international tension.

Oh,cool .Then do something to challenge German colonial interests in Africa....
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
Led By Susan Itai... Mostly MT, with some elements of FT.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
NEWS: BBSOne
Story Thread: Rise of the North, a Canada ISOT

The Union of British North America
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of British North America » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:45 am

Well, at first the outbreak of hostilities will be uncertain, but it will ultimately point to a German raid in Shonaland of the Union of South Africa. Shonaland being my version of Zimbabwe in union with a larger South African dominion.

Also, The Great-German Empire, how would you feel of having a German general having too much of a colonial attitude against natives in some colonies and having reports of atrocities before the war breaks out, and during the war, and said general developing a following from his staff and troops that could be a side story within the main story? Like a rogue general in the German African colonies? This general would also commit atrocities against my troops and other Entente troops, perhaps a story of one of my Iroquois Scouts surviving the brutality of such a general. I was thinking of using this character in the next RP.
An alt-America that had a grand bargain struck with London in the 1760s and remained under the British Crown (Turtledove's "The Two Georges"), mixed with some of Sobel's "For Want of a Nail" and a lot of the anthology "Columbia and Britannia," the sci-fi NZ novel "Anno Domini 2000 or Woman's Destiny", and cameos of other alternate histories. “The Rock of the Britannic Commonwealth,” an alliance of Britannic and former colonies as partner-nations in personal union and/or in association.

Tech level: MT+
NS stats: mostly policies
IC/RP name: North American Union (NAU).
IC/RP main supranational IGO: United Britannic Commonwealth of Nations.
NSverse organization member/agreement signatory: CAPINTERN, IFTC, ICDN, ECO, IBA, Amistad.

Terre Australes
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Australes » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:20 am

The Union of British North America wrote:Well, at first the outbreak of hostilities will be uncertain, but it will ultimately point to a German raid in Shonaland of the Union of South Africa. Shonaland being my version of Zimbabwe in union with a larger South African dominion.

Also, The Great-German Empire, how would you feel of having a German general having too much of a colonial attitude against natives in some colonies and having reports of atrocities before the war breaks out, and during the war, and said general developing a following from his staff and troops that could be a side story within the main story? Like a rogue general in the German African colonies? This general would also commit atrocities against my troops and other Entente troops, perhaps a story of one of my Iroquois Scouts surviving the brutality of such a general. I was thinking of using this character in the next RP.

Why would the Germans willfully assign a General to the colonies that commits atrocities on the natives, and does it in a way that the world knows about it? Potsdam would drown in political protest, and the Germans would either dishonourably discharge the man for commiting mass genocide for no reason, or they would send him back to Europe and keep a close eye on him, right?
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:32 am

Shonaland?Seriously?When did Zimbabwe get all the world's gold????
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of British North America » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:58 pm

Terre Australes wrote:
The Union of British North America wrote:Well, at first the outbreak of hostilities will be uncertain, but it will ultimately point to a German raid in Shonaland of the Union of South Africa. Shonaland being my version of Zimbabwe in union with a larger South African dominion.

Why would the Germans willfully assign a General to the colonies that commits atrocities on the natives, and does it in a way that the world knows about it? Potsdam would drown in political protest, and the Germans would either dishonourably discharge the man for commiting mass genocide for no reason, or they would send him back to Europe and keep a close eye on him, right?

Maybe low-key atrocities and then larger scale when war breaks out?
An alt-America that had a grand bargain struck with London in the 1760s and remained under the British Crown (Turtledove's "The Two Georges"), mixed with some of Sobel's "For Want of a Nail" and a lot of the anthology "Columbia and Britannia," the sci-fi NZ novel "Anno Domini 2000 or Woman's Destiny", and cameos of other alternate histories. “The Rock of the Britannic Commonwealth,” an alliance of Britannic and former colonies as partner-nations in personal union and/or in association.

NSverse organization member/agreement signatory: CAPINTERN, IFTC, ICDN, ECO, IBA, Amistad.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:37 pm

Well,no one actually did anything when genocides took place during the Cold War.I don't see anyreason why anyone would react to low-key genocides...
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Terre Australes
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Australes » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:10 am

Sure, German atrocities in say Namibia were generally frowned upon, but they were not important enough to cause global war. It'd have to be either about territorial interest in Africa or any other place that both Germany and France would like to colonize, or about European territorial conflict. Not about the German law in Namibia regarding black people, or the killings of hundreds of black people there.
Embassy Program
I don't use NS stats!

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of British North America » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Terre Australes wrote:Sure, German atrocities in say Namibia were generally frowned upon, but they were not important enough to cause global war. It'd have to be either about territorial interest in Africa or any other place that both Germany and France would like to colonize, or about European territorial conflict. Not about the German law in Namibia regarding black people, or the killings of hundreds of black people there.

Well, the atrocities will be a side story, so starting out low key and then ramping up during war and with deliberate misinformation by the rogue German general along with lines of communication largely cut it's hard to know what's going on until the British make headway into German holdings in southern and central Africa and then the outrage will surely pick up.

Also, I'll post today, I've been busy with things for school preparation and moving.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:21 pm

The Union of British North America wrote:
Terre Australes wrote:Sure, German atrocities in say Namibia were generally frowned upon, but they were not important enough to cause global war. It'd have to be either about territorial interest in Africa or any other place that both Germany and France would like to colonize, or about European territorial conflict. Not about the German law in Namibia regarding black people, or the killings of hundreds of black people there.

Well, the atrocities will be a side story, so starting out low key and then ramping up during war and with deliberate misinformation by the rogue German general along with lines of communication largely cut it's hard to know what's going on until the British make headway into German holdings in southern and central Africa and then the outrage will surely pick up.

Also, I'll post today, I've been busy with things for school preparation and moving.

Same here,except the moving part.I've began to study for the second part of my OLevels.And guess what my dad suddenly forced me to take,economics and higher maths.....
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of British North America » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:55 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:Same here,except the moving part.I've began to study for the second part of my OLevels.And guess what my dad suddenly forced me to take,economics and higher maths.....

Oooh, economics. That's what I'm studying.

And yeah, I'll post sometime this week. Things are getting very busy for me. Take your time, guys.

Also I think we should post a list of leaders and important ministers so we don't lose track of who is important in our governments. And perhaps a list of top military officers.

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:08 am

I'll be posting in a day or two at most, I think. I can act more provocative if we need to raise tensions towards war somewhat, although preferably not to the extent that my country IC becomes an international pariah.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:16 am

I'll post something after everyone else has posted.....
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

The Great-German Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great-German Empire » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:46 am

Gah, I wouldn't want a second Trotha. Moreover, that'd be a blatant ripoff of Kaiserreich's Goering*.
IC Name: Empire of Germany
Just your friendly neighborhood Weltmacht. Und Doch Gang | NS Stats are not used. Q&A if you need it!
Pro/Anti, 8Values and other tests: Here
Unapologetic libertarian populist monarchism

Vossische Zeitung: The Chancellor, Baron Hartmann, announced in a rally that he will 'work tirelessly against the formation of a society of control' | Hungary edges out Germany 4-3 in Euro Cup final; Kaiser personally congratulates Hungarians for an 'exceptional' game | According to survey, 73% of Germans oppose an introduction of speed limits on major Autobahns

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:53 am

Alright, finally able to get a post up
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:All is well

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:56 am

Japan and Pacific States wrote:Alright, finally able to get a post up

Nice flag JPS.Looks more cleaner.Oh amd BTW,I may send Boze to Kyoto.Any option for a meeting with the Shogun????
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of British North America » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Posted.

And this Co-Prosperity Sphere will complicate politics a little bit. Especially between me and Bengal, and France and Indochina.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:51 pm

The Union of British North America wrote:Posted.

And this Co-Prosperity Sphere will complicate politics a little bit. Especially between me and Bengal, and France and Indochina.

Hmm.I plan to join this Co-Prosperity Sphere,but later.After Bose begins his reign of chaos in southern Bengal with invisible Japanese support,and after the Brits doesn't do much to qwell the situation.....
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of British North America » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:06 am

Hi, I've been busy with work and preparations for moving to another city for graduate school. And I imagine others are doing similar things too, with school.

So, guys and gals, take your time.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:48 am

How did you know that I was busy with school.Well,thanks for the concern....
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of British North America » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Bengal and Assam wrote:How did you know that I was busy with school.Well,thanks for the concern....

I think a lot of people are busy with school as they have mentioned in telegrams and elsewhere. And you're welcome. Waiting for others to post when they get the chance.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of British North America » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Are you guys still wanting to do the RP? No one has said anything for a while...
Last edited by The Union of British North America on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of British North America » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:07 am

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Do you require our assistance?

This is more of world-building RP, story telling, and syndicalism isn't too much of a threat in this universe.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:40 am

I know this isn't much,but I posted something.....
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:58 am

Oyo....
Anyone here????
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents