NATION

PASSWORD

The Azadistani - Munkchester War [OOC] [MT?] [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Balticius
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Feb 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Balticius » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:18 pm

The Baltician Army sends 1 division
at first) (10,000 men) to assist the Angel Alliance.

User avatar
Munkchester
Envoy
 
Posts: 310
Founded: Apr 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkchester » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:35 pm

Guess it's going to constitute a misuse of public funds, embezzlement, and bribery, then, because Azadistan repeatedly accepted the requests from me.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
Geordie city-state


Pro: Levellers, Agreement of the People
Anti: Grandees, Royalists, Oliver Cromwell

User avatar
Ishtaria
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ishtaria » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Hey, this RP seems alright. Tagging for interest & monitoring reasons! Can anyone explain to me the important events that have happened so far? Thanks.
Last edited by Ishtaria on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
جمهورية عشتاريَا العربية
JUMHURIYAT ESHTARIYAH AL-ARABIYAH
ARAB REPUBLIC OF ISHTARIA

User avatar
Old Beringia
Minister
 
Posts: 2832
Founded: Apr 17, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Forgive me for being a bit of a party-pooper, but...

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:“I’d say around 5... It’s on that Phalanx-Class in the submarine group nearing the Suez that Shawn talked about. They’re mounted on Thors- surface-to-surface cruise missiles that I would say aren’t large enough or patterned likely to look like a complete ballistic missile, so we avoid triggering any nuclear responses.”
[...]
“We’re going to smuggle them past Librarian/Austorian air and naval patrols in the dead of night in several VAM-66 ‘narco-submarines’

(1) What cruise missiles have a range of 2000 km?
(2) Are they small enough not to be suited for nuclear warheads?
(3) What ability to they have to avoid interception?
(4) How much time would it take these submarines to travel 2000 km?
(5) Why would a modern country have patrols which rely on visible light?

There are cruise missiles, like the AGM-129, 3M-14, and Kh-55, that have ranges in excess of 2000km but as far as I know comparable missiles with that range are kind of beefy. But even tomahawks can be nuclear armed, and even that variant had a range of 2500km. Though idk about Exodia's missiles. I'm guessing they're not following a ballistic trajectory and "falling" on their target to avoid that designation.

And I'm working on my reply now. Personal stuff kept me away.
Beringia is back!
The Theocratic Fascist Empire of Old Beringia
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

[God Empress Alicia Esmeraude Dux Ducis II]
[Embassy Program 2.0 | Survive in Beringia | NS Factbook and Q&A (Outdated)]
[NSEconomy Calc | Map (Outdated) | iiWiki Page (Current WIP) | WikiStates Page (RIP)]
[~~~~Declaration of Intent Regarding Terrorism~~~~]

User avatar
Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister
 
Posts: 2051
Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Forgive me for being a bit of a party-pooper, but...

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:“I’d say around 5... It’s on that Phalanx-Class in the submarine group nearing the Suez that Shawn talked about. They’re mounted on Thors- surface-to-surface cruise missiles that I would say aren’t large enough or patterned likely to look like a complete ballistic missile, so we avoid triggering any nuclear responses.”
[...]
“We’re going to smuggle them past Librarian/Austorian air and naval patrols in the dead of night in several VAM-66 ‘narco-submarines’

(1) What cruise missiles have a range of 2000 km?
(2) Are they small enough not to be suited for nuclear warheads?
(3) What ability to they have to avoid interception?
(4) How much time would it take these submarines to travel 2000 km?
(5) Why would a modern country have patrols which rely on visible light?


I'll answer these, just please, can we change the map to have a land border with the Middle East? It's been well-established that Azadistan has continental land.

1: This can. Keep in mind that this is also early PMT.
2: Yes.
3: Chaff is deployed during an optional "stage zero" which allows them to bypass early AA defenses, and its second-stage supersonic speed can deter most defense systems like AA guns or SAMs. Still, the reason infantry was deployed to the ground was for them to destroy Azadistani AA guns and missiles and allow for an unhindered transference to second stage.
4: Not much, maybe over half a day (provided these submarines have supercaptivation technology), but two days to prep for the mission itself.
5: None, but with anti-thermal capabilities, the water (and the air) seems somewhat murky at night, doesn't it?
A small, PMT island-archipelago nation with right-centrist/neoconservative views and
an economy heavily based on dank memes, aquaculture, and arms exports.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Rank, Government, Economy stats used
Factbooks unreliable, forum posts reliable
”MT-PMT military tech isn’t a viable response to FT mil-tech”:
https://youtu.be/mUgI5LfCEME
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
ERROR: SYSTEMS DOWN

User avatar
Mandakhstan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Apr 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mandakhstan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi, I was considering participating in this thread, but I had a few questions first.

First of all, what computers are people using? Second, what's the overall tech level? Strictly modern tech, or some liberties given that it's NS? Third, how open is shipping around Azidistan and Libraria & Ausitoria?

User avatar
Worwin
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Oct 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Worwin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Tagged for interest
Male to Female trans
Pro: LGBT rights, abortion, civil rights, roller coasters, yadda yadda yadda
Anti: fascism, discrimination, racism, me living

Nation does not represent my actual views

User avatar
Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:29 pm

I'll be jumping into this, just when you thought things couldn't get even worse
SINKRETIČKI KOMBINAT - "SINKOM"

User avatar
Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister
 
Posts: 2051
Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Mandakhstan wrote:Hi, I was considering participating in this thread, but I had a few questions first.

First of all, what computers are people using? Second, what's the overall tech level? Strictly modern tech, or some liberties given that it's NS? Third, how open is shipping around Azidistan and Libraria & Ausitoria?


Computers: IRL or IC? I'm on a Mac.

Tech Level: MT-Early PMT.

Shipping: Well, almost completely closed off due to both Azadistani and Librarian/Austorian patrols.
A small, PMT island-archipelago nation with right-centrist/neoconservative views and
an economy heavily based on dank memes, aquaculture, and arms exports.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Rank, Government, Economy stats used
Factbooks unreliable, forum posts reliable
”MT-PMT military tech isn’t a viable response to FT mil-tech”:
https://youtu.be/mUgI5LfCEME
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
ERROR: SYSTEMS DOWN

User avatar
Mandakhstan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Apr 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mandakhstan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:
Mandakhstan wrote:Hi, I was considering participating in this thread, but I had a few questions first.

First of all, what computers are people using? Second, what's the overall tech level? Strictly modern tech, or some liberties given that it's NS? Third, how open is shipping around Azidistan and Libraria & Ausitoria?


Computers: IRL or IC? I'm on a Mac.

Tech Level: MT-Early PMT.

Shipping: Well, almost completely closed off due to both Azadistani and Librarian/Austorian patrols.

IC. I've got plans.

User avatar
Aresin
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 102
Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aresin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:43 pm

War ain't even over and Azadistan is already trying to stir up more trouble.

User avatar
Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7099
Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:50 pm

A declaration that Munkchester puts explosives in people's heads doesn't seem to be false. And having their Maharani temporarily kidnapped while on a diplomatic visit is kind of the opposite of putting Azadistan in a poor light.

As such, Aresin, if you can't refrain from spreading IC propaganda in an OOC topic, I shall ban you from here. This is a place to manage RPing, not a place to dress up IC arguments as OOC arguments.

Anyway, apologies for not being able to get a reply on this end of the thread yet. I should be able to get one up tomorrow, and also try to fix the map a bit.

By the way, Combine, Ausitoria's going to start to attack your ships before they can join the others the Mediteranean, so don't RP that you've joined up with the other forces yet. So that I can RP properly, can I have more details about the size of your Quiver-class arsenal ships and the outer defences of your fleet?

(If you aren't familiar with the subject, please read this. I don't want to take advantage of anyone's ignorance... well, not if it's unrealistic).

Mandakhstan wrote:First of all, what computers are people using? Second, what's the overall tech level? Strictly modern tech, or some liberties given that it's NS? Third, how open is shipping around Azidistan and Libraria & Ausitoria?

1: Various. 2: Strictly realistic on the basis of MT, i.e. with allowances for larger countries having a greater technological investment. (So, no EM cone thrusters). 3: Only Ausitorian-approved, i.e., no weapons at all.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

User avatar
Sokotre
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jun 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sokotre » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Hello. I will be joining this maybe. First I need to know some things.
Last edited by Sokotre on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Sokotre
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jun 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sokotre » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Where is the OOC for Azadistan Federal Police warning on Munkchesterian Terror?

User avatar
Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7099
Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Here, given that the two topics are getting a bit merged by Combine.

Look, in reply to your TG, much as you might like to join the Commonwealth, your nation would cease to be independent in most matters. The Commonwealth can (and will) arrest people that disobey Commonwealth law, enforce Commonwealth law in your territories, and generally make it impossible for your nation to choose how to run its own affairs. The Commonwealth is a centralized state and if your nation ever resists that you'll find the Commonwealth just throws up its hands and gives your nation independence whether it wants it or not. You cannot force the Commonwealth to run your country.

Furthermore, although you would notionally secure your defence, the Commonwealth is very overstretched. And you could be just as well defended as an independent country. The Commonwealth protects any countries which fulfil the majority of the following criteria:

(1) Countries that do not threaten international security, (2) Countries that intend to trade with the Commonwealth, and (3) Countries with a liberal government.

(Interestingly Azadistan is the most borderline case so far: elements within the country threaten international security (and the Commonwealth is about to announce measures which will eradicate them), Azadistan trades little with the Commonwealth, and Azadistan's government is almost too anarchic to be a government, let alone liberal).
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

User avatar
Sokotre
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jun 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sokotre » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Here, given that the two topics are getting a bit merged by Combine.

Look, in reply to your TG, much as you might like to join the Commonwealth, your nation would cease to be independent in most matters. The Commonwealth can (and will) arrest people that disobey Commonwealth law, enforce Commonwealth law in your territories, and generally make it impossible for your nation to choose how to run its own affairs. The Commonwealth is a centralized state and if your nation ever resists that you'll find the Commonwealth just throws up its hands and gives your nation independence whether it wants it or not. You cannot force the Commonwealth to run your country.

Furthermore, although you would notionally secure your defence, the Commonwealth is very overstretched. And you could be just as well defended as an independent country. The Commonwealth protects any countries which fulfil the majority of the following criteria:

(1) Countries that do not threaten international security, (2) Countries that intend to trade with the Commonwealth, and (3) Countries with a liberal government.

(Interestingly Azadistan is the most borderline case so far: elements within the country threaten international security (and the Commonwealth is about to announce measures which will eradicate them), Azadistan trades little with the Commonwealth, and Azadistan's government is almost too anarchic to be a government, let alone liberal).

The government is liberal and would see joining the Commonwealth as a good thing: It will be very good for me economically (and maybe you too, I have oil and gas) to be part of a larger stage and perhaps politically since maybe you are able to govern better than us. militarily, my army is very small, woefully outdated and underfunded. During the Communist era it used to be large with thousands of tanks and hundreds of aircraft but now we only have rusting T-55's and MiG-19's left to use, as well as a decaying nuclear arsenal. If we can just leave, there's no harm in trying :D
Last edited by Sokotre on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7099
Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Oh god, not another country with Oil and Gas. I suppose you don't know that the Aestorian Government taxes pollutants?

Ok, read this and this. If you can agree to them (and if you can understand them), then you can join.

(Ok, that's a bit cruel. If you can read this and agree to it and understand it, I'll be satisfied).
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

User avatar
Sokotre
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jun 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sokotre » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Oh god, not another country with Oil and Gas. I suppose you don't know that the Aestorian Government taxes pollutants?

Ok, read this and this. If you can agree to them (and if you can understand them), then you can join.

(Ok, that's a bit cruel. If you can read this and agree to it and understand it, I'll be satisfied).

I agree! I look forward to being part of this union for peace and prosperity. So now that I (think I am?) in the Commonwealth, I will need you to help me with something. I maybe will send the request via IC to you, so I can RP. My people have some left over problems.
Last edited by Sokotre on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Old Beringia
Minister
 
Posts: 2832
Founded: Apr 17, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:36 pm

How exactly is this rp "Strictly realistic on the basis of MT" when there's a Mach 10 spacecraft that can be launched in a moment's notice flying around launching drones that penetrate hostile airspace undetected that can save someone being thrown into a volcano. I've been rolling with some of the other claims in the thread but that just seems way too out there even for NS MT.
Beringia is back!
The Theocratic Fascist Empire of Old Beringia
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

[God Empress Alicia Esmeraude Dux Ducis II]
[Embassy Program 2.0 | Survive in Beringia | NS Factbook and Q&A (Outdated)]
[NSEconomy Calc | Map (Outdated) | iiWiki Page (Current WIP) | WikiStates Page (RIP)]
[~~~~Declaration of Intent Regarding Terrorism~~~~]

User avatar
New Roma Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1999
Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Roma Republic » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:02 pm

I've been monitoring from afar, but am interested in posting.
Magni Imperium Nova Romae (Imperial Republic of New Rome)
Head of Government: Caesar Cornelia Ayanami
Head of State: Praetor Maximinus Vergilius
Roman Central News

User avatar
Lethen Empire
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1164
Founded: Dec 03, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lethen Empire » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:42 pm

What's up jacobins, it's you're boy Lethinknee Imperium
Leader Anthem Overview
An alternate universe Letheny - where the monarchy never lost its power.

A 14 civilization, according to this index.
Current Year: 2017
Tech level: MT
We don't use NS stats!
IC Q&A Thread - Koningsplatz Alliance
TG me if you wanna talk, RP, or do whatever!
Lethen INA: Victory in Tel Aviv! Jerusalem within reach! Pro-Crusader assault on Isratine going very well | Raaagh! The Viking Age: Lethen sailors confiscate capital from the con-artists leading Japan in a nostalgic callback to our medieval forefathers

User avatar
Mecklenburg-Cispomerania
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mecklenburg-Cispomerania » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Fuck it, guess I'll join the bandwagon ayy lmao

FLEET COMM: Abd al-Qadir class ship 'Stitin'.

SURFACE COMPLEMENT:

SUB-SURFACE COMPLEMENT:
  • 3x Ohio-class submarines, equipped with modules for ASDS support.
Mecklenburg-Cispomerania is Muslim. No, this is not a commentary on the European Union's immigration policies. I just lost a bet and was told to have my nation's people convert to Islam because it was funny or something.


User avatar
Munkchester
Envoy
 
Posts: 310
Founded: Apr 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkchester » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:09 pm

Unfortunately it would appear Ausitoria has blocked my telegrams after I sent him my terms for peace (any reason as to why?), so I'll put this here instead.

Please edit the OP, the Sultan's head is still on a spike on the Eastgate.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
Geordie city-state


Pro: Levellers, Agreement of the People
Anti: Grandees, Royalists, Oliver Cromwell

User avatar
New Roma Republic
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1999
Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Roma Republic » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:25 pm

Munkchester wrote:Unfortunately it would appear Ausitoria has blocked my telegrams after I sent him my terms for peace (any reason as to why?), so I'll put this here instead.

Please edit the OP, the Sultan's head is still on a spike on the Eastgate.

When did you send them? He lives in Hong Kong or something, so it's possible he hasn't seen it yet
Magni Imperium Nova Romae (Imperial Republic of New Rome)
Head of Government: Caesar Cornelia Ayanami
Head of State: Praetor Maximinus Vergilius
Roman Central News

User avatar
Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:37 pm

New Roma Republic wrote:
Munkchester wrote:Unfortunately it would appear Ausitoria has blocked my telegrams after I sent him my terms for peace (any reason as to why?), so I'll put this here instead.

Please edit the OP, the Sultan's head is still on a spike on the Eastgate.

When did you send them? He lives in Hong Kong or something, so it's possible he hasn't seen it yet

He showed a screenshot in another chat that the TG was blocked by Aus.
SINKRETIČKI KOMBINAT - "SINKOM"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agua Incendia, Alto Monteblanco, East Ares, Ghost Land, McNernia, Mervay, The World Capitalist Confederation

Advertisement

Remove ads