NATION

PASSWORD

The Azadistani - Munkchester War [OOC] [MT?] [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:27 pm

Y’all can’t call us irrational until that lizard attack gets retconned. Besides, Ausitoria and myself (I don’t actually speak for Aus, but I’m making an educated assumption) are trying to be relatively reasonable and haven’t made a move of aggression against anyone. The air attack was an out of the blue move that no ally supports, nor would permit (as evidenced by Aus’s response to it). With these facts considered, along with the fact that Azadistan appears to be a less than seasoned rper, can we just allow the cancellation. If not, it is what it is. Just remember, that’s true for all sides.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:16 am

Rhinocera wrote:Y’all can’t call us irrational until that lizard attack gets retconned. Besides, Ausitoria and myself (I don’t actually speak for Aus, but I’m making an educated assumption) are trying to be relatively reasonable and haven’t made a move of aggression against anyone. The air attack was an out of the blue move that no ally supports, nor would permit (as evidenced by Aus’s response to it). With these facts considered, along with the fact that Azadistan appears to be a less than seasoned rper, can we just allow the cancellation. If not, it is what it is. Just remember, that’s true for all sides.

I hate to sound unreasonable here, but not really, no. This is a really bad rp move. You can't just control somebodys nation unless he has actually given consent to that, joining an IC organisation does not equate itself with consent.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:52 am

I don’t control the nation. However, as they are in the Commonwealth, and I do control that, for Azadistan to act it (ICly) needs my permission, and I (OOCly) have the absolutely power to choose the Commonwealth’s losses.

Which are zero, as the attack was called off.

@Philipines: As for retconning, the definition of ‘enemy territory’ is sufficiently obscure that they could have been barely entering an adjacent continental shelf. As such I haven’t retconned anything. I’ve just corrected the number of people who are dead.

As for RPing, it may have escaped your notice, but I have about thirty posts to respond to. I will RP it. In my IC post.

If you all could stop arguing so much, I’d actually have time to finish it, which would be grand?

@Beringia: that is one extremely tedious way of doing it. The other ways involve a non-stationary observer and/or altering the bow-wave angle.

Anyway, who’s using lizards? Personally I’m fine with that, although it would be better if there’s some confusion about whether they are actually lizards or a regiment with people who dress up as lizards to terrify their enemies. That way everybody will be free to RP with their own version of reality.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Ishraq
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ishraq » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:59 am

Greetings, I have only just discovered this OOC thread.
--------------
-----الله★أكبر-----
[------------

ALLAHU AKBAR - GOD BLESS ISHRAQ!
A small, Ba'athist state in the Middle East
Join the Ba'athist International!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:09 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:I don’t control the nation. However, as they are in the Commonwealth, and I do control that, for Azadistan to act it (ICly) needs my permission, and I (OOCly) have the absolutely power to choose the Commonwealth’s losses.

@Philipines: As for retconning, the definition of ‘enemy territory’ is sufficiently obscure that they could have been barely entering an adjacent continental shelf. As such I haven’t retconned anything. I’ve just corrected the number of people who are dead.

As for RPing, it may have escaped your notice, but I have about thirty posts to respond to. I will RP it. In my IC post.

If you all could stop arguing so much, I’d actually have time to finish it, which would be grand?

@Beringia: that is one extremely tedious way of doing it. The other ways involve a non-stationary observer and/or altering the bow-wave angle.

Anyway, who’s using lizards? Personally I’m fine with that, although it would be better if there’s some confusion about whether they are actually lizards or a regiment with people who dress up as lizards to terrify their enemies. That way everybody will be free to RP with their own version of reality.

Was it a joint decision?
Because a while ago, when I formed a joint nation with Nitom, if he'd decided to do something like that without asking me (or the other way around), results probably wouldn't have been good.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:13 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:I don’t control the nation. However, as they are in the Commonwealth, and I do control that, for Azadistan to act it (ICly) needs my permission, and I (OOCly) have the absolutely power to choose the Commonwealth’s losses.

I don't think so.

While Azad is certainly your protectorate, he is a problematic one. Azad acted impulsively ICly without L&A's consent and you failed to control that in the thread. I have no qualms when you say that you have the ability to call off Azad's attacks but as far as I can see, you failed to do that in the thread as well. Since Azad made the attack without the permission of your nation, I think he has the right to dictate his losses on his own.

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:@Philipines: As for retconning, the definition of ‘enemy territory’ is sufficiently obscure that they could have been barely entering an adjacent continental shelf. As such I haven’t retconned anything. I’ve just corrected the number of people who are dead.

"Adjacent continental shelf"

Acting like a Lawyer is cool and all but I don't think you know what you're really talking about.

TITE: Airstrikes against Munkchester
Azadistan-land of the free wrote:Captain Ahmed: I have found the Royal Palace.
Colonel Begunm: ok, fire a blank but then send an actual bomb if they don't leave.

I'm pretty sure no one puts their Royal Palaces on a Continental Shelf.
Last edited by Neo Philippine Empire on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE GRAND REPUBLIC OF MAHARLIKA

Erdoganzstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Erdoganzstan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:28 am

hello brothers I stumbled on this thread

South Harlonia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby South Harlonia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:52 am

Rhinocera wrote:Y’all can’t call us irrational until that lizard attack gets retconned.

1) It's plausible in NS MT
2) It's actually closer to a crocodilian or theropod than to a squamate lizard
Besides, Ausitoria and myself (I don’t actually speak for Aus, but I’m making an educated assumption) are trying to be relatively reasonable and haven’t made a move of aggression against anyone. The air attack was an out of the blue move that no ally supports, nor would permit (as evidenced by Aus’s response to it).

So is Azadistan Aus or not?
With these facts considered, along with the fact that Azadistan appears to be a less than seasoned rper, can we just allow the cancellation. If not, it is what it is. Just remember, that’s true for all sides.

How about No!

Are you Azadistan or not? Because if not then you can't control another players, that's not cool bro.
Last edited by South Harlonia on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:43 am

Because I have been asked to help settle the Azadistan dispute, as it relates to L&A attempting to "control" Azadistan...

A player (Nation A) cannot take control of another player's (Nation B) military or other forces without the consent of Nation B. If Nation A were to do so, it would constitute godmodding. The simplest way to end the dispute is to ask Azadistan if they conducted the attack or not. If Azadistan did conduct the attack, then it would be up to Azadistan if they want to continue with the attack, or to retcon it, without any form of coercion.

There have also been questions addressed to me about if L&A has taken over Azadistan's account. While such an action would not be actionable by itself, it is *highly* frowned upon by moderation, as everyone who uses the shared nation can be punished for rule-breaking behavior performed via that account.

If there are further questions, or if someone spots any rule violations, please report such to the Moderation sub-form.

And finally... iModLoom.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Old Beringia
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:40 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:@Beringia: that is one extremely tedious way of doing it. The other ways involve a non-stationary observer and/or altering the bow-wave angle.

Right... Ignoring the fact that there's really no way for a plane to receive messages using that method... How exactly does this relate to my plane again?
Beringia is back!
The Theocratic Fascist Empire of Old Beringia
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

[God Empress Alicia Esmeraude Dux Ducis II]
[Embassy Program 2.0 | Survive in Beringia | NS Factbook and Q&A (Outdated)]
[NSEconomy Calc | Map (Outdated) | iiWiki Page (Current WIP) | WikiStates Page (RIP)]
[~~~~Declaration of Intent Regarding Terrorism~~~~]

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:51 am

South Harlonia wrote:
Rhinocera wrote:Y’all can’t call us irrational until that lizard attack gets retconned.

1) It's plausible in NS MT
Besides, Ausitoria and myself (I don’t actually speak for Aus, but I’m making an educated assumption) are trying to be relatively reasonable and haven’t made a move of aggression against anyone. The air attack was an out of the blue move that no ally supports, nor would permit (as evidenced by Aus’s response to it).

With these facts considered, along with the fact that Azadistan appears to be a less than seasoned rper, can we just allow the cancellation. If not, it is what it is. Just remember, that’s true for all sides.

How about No!

Are you Azadistan or not? Because if not then you can't control another players, that's not cool bro.

I really don’t see how mega croc is plausible for NS MT. Honestly, aerial strike carriers are stretching it, but at least they’re technology. An ancient reptile is fantasy tech.

South Harlonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby South Harlonia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:56 am

Rhinocera wrote:
South Harlonia wrote:1) It's plausible in NS MT

How about No!

I really don’t see how mega croc is plausible for NS MT. Honestly, aerial strike carriers are stretching it, but at least they’re technology. An ancient reptile is fantasy tech.

No its the same. NS Earth is huge, much larger than real earth. More abundant resources to support a hyper-predator that don't exist in real earth. Facotrs such as the existence of other massive megafaunal predators & herbivores would necessitate the ecological need for a notch in the trophic pyramid that isn't needed in real earth. Also, keep in mind the dinosaurs didn't die off in everyone's canon.

Of course it doesn't exist in real earth, but it is entirely plausible for NS earth.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:39 pm

South Harlonia wrote:
Rhinocera wrote:

No its the same. NS Earth is huge, much larger than real earth. More abundant resources to support a hyper-predator that don't exist in real earth. Facotrs such as the existence of other massive megafaunal predators & herbivores would necessitate the ecological need for a notch in the trophic pyramid that isn't needed in real earth. Also, keep in mind the dinosaurs didn't die off in everyone's canon.

Of course it doesn't exist in real earth, but it is entirely plausible for NS earth.

If people don't agree with a bit of tech you're using it's good play to not use it.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:54 pm

I’m inclined to agree using giant crocodile-type dinosaurs in intelligent warfare in ridiculous, if that’s what’s going on?

Azadistan asked me whether Ausitoria would approve an attack. After he or she had ‘started’ it I said no. Subsequently he or she called off the attack. Nobody clarified how far the attack had gone so I thought it was a case of the less said, soonest meanded. I suppose I could ask him or her to retcon the posts instead.

The continental shelf is frequently claimed these days. I don’t have time to go into whether you think I really know what I’m talking about or not, but if you look into it you’ll find I’m right. So it’s really perfectly plausible that the attack never got to its target. Of course Azadistan is as free to control their actions as Ausitoria is to eject them from the Commonwealth.

Anyway, Philipines, I have not failed to do anything. I have simply not yet showed how I did it. Please, please, please be patient.

@Beringia: I’ll explain later. Nothing of immediate significance.

As for those of you who keep telegraming me, stop it. Can’t you see I’m too busy?

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:09 pm

@Aresin: You’re on a canal which can take ships. The Commonwealth thinks it unecessary and won’t approve it. Instead they will guarantee Aresin’s right to sale ships down from the lakes.

I’ll include all that in my next next post.

South Harlonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby South Harlonia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:I’m inclined to agree using giant crocodile-type dinosaurs in intelligent warfare in ridiculous, if that’s what’s going on?

What is happening is that I am deploying a creation that isnt feasible with finite real earth resources and constraints but is entirely hypothetically possible with NS earth boundless resources.
Last edited by South Harlonia on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Anyway, Philipines, I have not failed to do anything. I have simply not yet showed how I did it. Please, please, please be patient.

Objectively speaking, you failed to do anything.

If you claim that you haven't shown anything as of now, you're simply limited to claims. What's happening right now is that you haven't posted in the IC and you most likely claim that the attacks were rescinded via in the OOC. And of course, I think that mere claims without a post are not acceptable. I don't even need to be patient because the event already occurred, you can't do something about it in the thread even if you posted.

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Azadistan asked me whether Ausitoria would approve an attack. After he or she had ‘started’ it I said no. Subsequently he or she called off the attack. Nobody clarified how far the attack had gone so I thought it was a case of the less said, soonest meanded. I suppose I could ask him or her to retcon the posts instead.

The continental shelf is frequently claimed these days. I don’t have time to go into whether you think I really know what I’m talking about or not, but if you look into it you’ll find I’m right. So it’s really perfectly plausible that the attack never got to its target. Of course Azadistan is as free to control their actions as Ausitoria is to eject them from the Commonwealth.

Of course, this is another form of OOC warfare that I have mentioned. Ausitoria hasn't posted something that stopped Azadistan from attacking. You can't really retcon the post unless both parties(Azad and Munkchester) are involved in the decision making.

There are instances that the situation you mentioned did occur on other RPs but this isn't the case of Azad. It's not plausible that the attack never got to its target because Azad mentioned where the attack happened. (Reposting it in case you missed)

TITE: Airstrikes against Munkchester
Azadistan-land of the free wrote:Captain Ahmed: I have found the Royal Palace.
Colonel Begunm: ok, fire a blank but then send an actual bomb if they don't leave.

How interesting, is Ausitoria on the process booting out Azadistan from the Commonwealth? Why did you even make Azad your protectorate in the first place? I'm pretty sure there are more useful nations to turn into a protectorate. I don't see any reason to control an unstable nation that wouldn't give you many opportunities in the future.
Last edited by Neo Philippine Empire on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aresin
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Aresin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:23 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:@Aresin: You’re on a canal which can take ships. The Commonwealth thinks it unecessary and won’t approve it. Instead they will guarantee Aresin’s right to sale ships down from the lakes.

I’ll include all that in my next next post.

I was never told of any canal, nor do I want one or acknowledge one existing in my nation. Furthermore, even if Azadistan is a part of the commonwealth, as you stated earlier you do not control the nation, which owns the land given to me. It was Azadistan's call, and he made it. If you don't like that, you should settle it IC.
Last edited by Aresin on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insanely OP, PMT, Middle Eastern Ancapistan.

Old Beringia
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:42 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:@Beringia: I’ll explain later. Nothing of immediate significance.

If you plan on responding to it by doing something funky you could just explain before you waste time writing it.

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:I’m inclined to agree using giant crocodile-type dinosaurs in intelligent warfare in ridiculous, if that’s what’s going on?

Aestorian scientists seem to be pretty creative with pushing the boundaries of what's possible. The scientists of South Harlonia could be the same way as far as biological/genetic engineering. I'd be okay with accepting it in my canon.
Beringia is back!

[NSEconomy Calc | Map (Outdated) | iiWiki Page (Current WIP) | WikiStates Page (RIP)]

Aresin
Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Aresin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Old Beringia wrote:

Aestorian scientists seem to be pretty creative with pushing the boundaries of what's possible. The scientists of South Harlonia could be the same way as far as biological/genetic engineering. I'd be okay with accepting it in my canon.

I mean, it ain't exactly fair for our side to have giant robots and space ships, only for them to not be allowed to have a crocodile.

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Old Beringia wrote:
Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:@Beringia: I’ll explain later. Nothing of immediate significance.

If you plan on responding to it by doing something funky you could just explain before you waste time writing it.

Building an airship that lacks practical maneuverability is one thing (I’m not up to date on the specifics of the craft to be honest) but with other stuff that’s been deployed in this thread it’s nothing. We’ve got Gundams, mega lizards, aerial strike carriers, and AA rail weaponry. I’m all for scaling it back a bit, but y’all gotta recognize the ridiculousness as well. Whatever happened to conventional military armaments? Is a catch a lady falling into a volcano with a net drone from the atmosphere realistic? I’d lean towards no, but neither is half the stuff I’ve seen deployed here. I mean I’ll live with some of it, but I gotta draw a line at giant lizard monsters and gundams.

Aresin
Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Aresin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Rhinocera wrote:
Old Beringia wrote:If you plan on responding to it by doing something funky you could just explain before you waste time writing it.

Building an airship that lacks practical maneuverability is one thing (I’m not up to date on the specifics of the craft to be honest) but with other stuff that’s been deployed in this thread it’s nothing. We’ve got Gundams, mega lizards, aerial strike carriers, and AA rail weaponry. I’m all for scaling it back a bit, but y’all gotta recognize the ridiculousness as well. Whatever happened to conventional military armaments? Is a catch a lady falling into a volcano with a net drone from the atmosphere realistic? I’d lean towards no, but neither is half the stuff I’ve seen deployed here. I mean I’ll live with some of it, but I gotta draw a line at giant lizard monsters and gundams.

I mean, it's pretty well established that this isn't hard realistic MT though. Plus, scaling it back now would kind of mess up everyone's tempo, since it'll retcon pretty much everything. I propose we try to find a middle ground. Perhaps we can find a piece of fiction, like a video game or movie, and say that it's the limit for technology. IE: CoD Black Ops 2.

South Harlonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby South Harlonia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Rhinocera wrote:
Old Beringia wrote:If you plan on responding to it by doing something funky you could just explain before you waste time writing it.

A bit hypocritical.

I have already explained how Soriue is plausible without the constraints of real earth resource scarcity.

Old Beringia
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Rhinocera wrote:

Practical maneuvability is the least of your concerns. That ship is supposedly 3km long, that is over seven times the height of the original WTC, and 2km wide. Just two of them could cover the entirety of LAX and most other international airports. And it supposedly flies at Mach 8. How you consider that tame by comparison to even a railgun is beyond me.
Beringia is back!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents