NATION

PASSWORD

The Azadistani - Munkchester War [OOC] [MT?] [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:30 pm

Atkemri wrote:Would you care to explain how the Electronic moat works?

In addition to that, the botnets would be controlled via layers of proxies, denying easy identification of source countries, and be steadily expanding into various other nations via regular malware propagation methods. Given the NS world seems to be if not infinite, holding at least thousands of nations with perhaps trillions of devices among them, it would not be unreasonable to assume that blocking specific IPs at one point backfires or is unable to keep up.
Last edited by Sinkretichki Kombinat on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SINKRETIČKI KOMBINAT - "SINKOM"

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:50 pm

@L&A

Are your planes using nuclear ramjets?
THE GRAND REPUBLIC OF MAHARLIKA

Old Beringia
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:25 pm

@Ausitoria

Where are your E-Wings flying? And what exactly are your F-70's? Do you have stats for either one?

Edit: And what kind of laser is it?

Edit 2: Why are you randomly shooting lasers around with your other planes nearby anyway? How are you not blinding your own pilots?
Last edited by Old Beringia on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beringia is back!
The Theocratic Fascist Empire of Old Beringia
"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

[God Empress Alicia Esmeraude Dux Ducis II]
[Embassy Program 2.0 | Survive in Beringia | NS Factbook and Q&A (Outdated)]
[NSEconomy Calc | Map (Outdated) | iiWiki Page (Current WIP) | WikiStates Page (RIP)]
[~~~~Declaration of Intent Regarding Terrorism~~~~]

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Also at Aus.

How did IC Aus know that I'm deploying a fleet? They're still in the middle of the Indian Ocean right now and I haven't even issued an official declaration of war. If you can't explain that, I will ignore your post.

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Neo Philippine Empire wrote:Also at Aus.

How did IC Aus know that I'm deploying a fleet? They're still in the middle of the Indian Ocean right now and I haven't even issued an official declaration of war. If you can't explain that, I will ignore your post.

Take this in mind that if you probably leave Azadistan anyway, I have no qualms with your nation anymore.

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:15 pm

Azadistan, are you and your new pals attacking Ausitoria and myself? You keep referencing attacks on imperialists, so I want to be sure you haven’t decided we are imperialists and that your not attacking us. If you are, that’s fine too, but I don't see why you would.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:07 am

Aresin is free to post.

Rhinocera, I think they’re referring to Beringia, but goodness knows at this point. In any event our land forces are departing with justified haste.

Beringia, am I going to have to explain optical communications?

About the whole electronic moat business, the thing to realize is that the Commonwealth can switch to the position by default access which is not approved does not exist. This is mildly disruptive but less disruptive than giving access to botnets.

Neo Philipines: These don’t have nuclear ramjets. And sorry, I think I missed the bit about your parliament being secret. Consider those parts of the post retconned, or maybe redirected...

Harlonia, I’m not about to get into an argument about what a mod has said. Ask the mod if you must.

How are luring your crocodile, and why are you saying 200 km, and are you just trolling for trouble?
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Old Beringia
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:19 am

Old Beringia wrote:@Ausitoria

Where are your E-Wings flying? And what exactly are your F-70's? Do you have stats for either one?

Edit: And what kind of laser is it?

Edit 2: Why are you randomly shooting lasers around with your other planes nearby anyway? How are you not blinding your own pilots?

I'll restate my questions seeing as you’ve responded to one I didn't ask
Last edited by Old Beringia on Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beringia is back!

[NSEconomy Calc | Map (Outdated) | iiWiki Page (Current WIP) | WikiStates Page (RIP)]

Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:15 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:About the whole electronic moat business, the thing to realize is that the Commonwealth can switch to the position by default access which is not approved does not exist. This is mildly disruptive but less disruptive than giving access to botnets.

Apologies for my ignorance but I'd like further explanation to how this works given searching any of these keywords has failed to yield anything useful or informative.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:36 am

I am now going to be participating in a mild fashion, primarily against Munkchester.

For this purpose, limited financial and military assistance will be sent to Azadistan and associates.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:22 am

Good to see you here! May the slaver tremble, the only good slaver is a dead slaver, and all that.

Beringia, the only question I didn‘t provide with some sort of answer was whether I had any stats. The F-70 is in Halcyon arms.

Munkcester, what forces do you think you’ve sent to Munkcester-‘occupied’ Azadistan, and have they surrendered yet?

Sinkretichki Kombinat wrote:
Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:About the whole electronic moat business, the thing to realize is that the Commonwealth can switch to the position by default access which is not approved does not exist. This is mildly disruptive but less disruptive than giving access to botnets.

Apologies for my ignorance but I'd like further explanation to how this works given searching any of these keywords has failed to yield anything useful or informative.

Which words do you need explained?
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:30 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Good to see you here! May the slaver tremble, the only good slaver is a dead slaver, and all that.

Beringia, the only question I didn‘t provide with some sort of answer was whether I had any stats. The F-70 is in Halcyon arms.

Munkcester, what forces do you think you’ve sent to Munkcester-‘occupied’ Azadistan, and have they surrendered yet?

Sinkretichki Kombinat wrote:Apologies for my ignorance but I'd like further explanation to how this works given searching any of these keywords has failed to yield anything useful or informative.

Which words do you need explained?

the whole thing, I guess? the way that sentence parsed up wasn't really understandable at least to me.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:38 am

I haven’t time to help you there, sorry.

Veliki Koperativni Kombinat wrote:
Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:On another matter, which I hate to bring up, you’re going to need a statement from Cuscy that his nation and weapons exist in the same canon as Ausitoria. Unless he’s changed his mind, I think he thinks our canons are seperate. (That’s not the case in my canon, but everyone has a right to police their own canon, and will have my assistance whether they want it or not).

I have full permission from Cuscy to use them and that is all that matters so far.

No it isn’t. My statement still applies, sorry.

Beringia, sorry, the same will apply for your commerce raider. Also, which shipping lane?
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:46 am

"the position by default access which is not approved does not exist"

This is hard to decipher, but in this scheme do you "approve" network traffic and unapproved requests simply fail to connect?

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:57 am

Also, explain how this works.

Zargehestan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Zargehestan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:20 am

I'm sorry, but to me, this sentence is completely illegible right. What do you mean by this?

Does the Commonwealth not have worldwide internet? If so, shouldn't your economy be taking a toll? Now, as for Cuscy, How about I don't need anything? And if you continue to use OOC to shield yourself from taking losses, I am officially going to report you to Azadistan for godmodding and request you be booted from this thread.

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:39 am

Allanea wrote:I am now going to be participating in a mild fashion, primarily against Munkchester.

For this purpose, limited financial and military assistance will be sent to Azadistan and associates.

I’d sit this one out or deal with Munkchester yourself, working with Azadistan isn’t a viable option.

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Aresin is free to post.

Rhinocera, I think they’re referring to Beringia, but goodness knows at this point. In any event our land forces are departing with justified haste.

Beringia, am I going to have to explain optical communications?

About the whole electronic moat business, the thing to realize is that the Commonwealth can switch to the position by default access which is not approved does not exist. This is mildly disruptive but less disruptive than giving access to botnets.

Neo Philipines: These don’t have nuclear ramjets. And sorry, I think I missed the bit about your parliament being secret. Consider those parts of the post retconned, or maybe redirected...

Harlonia, I’m not about to get into an argument about what a mod has said. Ask the mod if you must.

How are luring your crocodile, and why are you saying 200 km, and are you just trolling for trouble?

When you pull your forces drop my airborne off at Rhinocera please, I’m not sticking around to help these fellas if your not.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

South Harlonia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby South Harlonia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:40 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Harlonia, I’m not about to get into an argument about what a mod has said. Ask the mod if you must.

No need to get into an arguement because the mod said this:
"Because I have been asked to help settle the Azadistan dispute, as it relates to L&A attempting to "control" Azadistan...

A player (Nation A) cannot take control of another player's (Nation B) military or other forces without the consent of Nation B. If Nation A were to do so, it would constitute godmodding. The simplest way to end the dispute is to ask Azadistan if they conducted the attack or not. If Azadistan did conduct the attack, then it would be up to Azadistan if they want to continue with the attack, or to retcon it, without any form of coercion.

There have also been questions addressed to me about if L&A has taken over Azadistan's account. While such an action would not be actionable by itself, it is *highly* frowned upon by moderation, as everyone who uses the shared nation can be punished for rule-breaking behavior performed via that account.

If there are further questions, or if someone spots any rule violations, please report such to the Moderation sub-form.

And finally... iModLoom.
"
Looks like you dont get to control Azadistans actions just to make it easier for you
How are luring your crocodile,
Its not a crocodile, its a separate branch of archosaur that exists in the NS world. I just said it was closer to a crocodilian or theropod than to a squamate lizard because people were calling it a lizard that doesn't mean it IS a crocodilian or theropod, just in the same clade of reptiles as those two examples.

They are luring it with a special acoustic noise.
Duh.
and why are you saying 200 km

It didn't start the attack run at 200km, it would have finished the attack run (and re-submerged with just a massive tidal wave in its wake) around that distance if the fleet around Azadistan can't find any way to kill or deter it.
and are you just trolling for trouble?

Are you troll-naming just for trouble?
Last edited by South Harlonia on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

South Harlonia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby South Harlonia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:42 am

Allanea wrote:I am now going to be participating in a mild fashion, primarily against Munkchester.

Not everyone attacking Azadistan is supporting slavers thats IC propaganda some of us are fighting jihadis because Azadistan committed a massacre against civilians for jihad

Mandakhstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mandakhstan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:54 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:

Okay now explain it without poorly conceived and barely applicable terms.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:24 am

I'll rephrase and explain it a bit more. (I'm trying to resist going into jargon because jargon is not widely intelligible). About the whole electronic moat business, the thing to realize is that the Commonwealth can switch to the position where default access which is not approved does not exist (i.e. there is no access for things which are not approved before entering the Commonwealth's internet). This is mildly disruptive but less disruptive than giving access to everyone including botnets.

Rhinocera wrote:When you pull your forces drop my airborne off at Rhinocera please, I’m not sticking around to help these fellas if your not.

'course, that goes without saying.

Harlonia, please do stop quoting mods like they support your position. "looks like you dont get to control Azadistans actions just to make it easier for you" is not what the mod's statement amounted too. OOC consent has not yet been withdrawn. Besides which legal control is another matter.

On the other points, if you were luring it with a special acoustic noise, surely you would need something on the other side to lure it? As for the 200 km, your post currently takes the fact that it finishes the run for granted - "By the time it was within 200km of its target" is hardly open to interpretation. Also, how large is it?

But you'll have to answer these points later, because I'm banning you from this thread for 24 hours until you've calmed down a bit. You can't just go swanning into other people's RPs without their consent and behave like you own the place. RPing requires co-operation, a bit of give and take; responding to people if they object and all that, trying to work out something that everyone can just about accept, even if they view it differently.

On that subject Mecklenberg can I just check with you how far your submarines have travelled in the direction of Azadistan? I'd be surprised if they've arrived that near already?

On that subject, how long does everybody think this RP's been going on for? I'm currently estimating about a day.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Munkchester
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkchester » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:31 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:You can't just go swanning into other people's RPs without their consent and behave like you own the place.

hmmm
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
Geordie city-state

Pro: Levellers, Agreement of the People
Anti: Grandees, Royalists, Oliver Cromwell

Old Beringia
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Old Beringia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:37 am

Question 1:
Where are your E-Wings flying?

Question 2:
Do you have stats for it?

Question 3:
And what exactly are your F-70's? Do you have stats for it?

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Beringia, the only question I didn‘t provide with some sort of answer was whether I had any stats. The F-70 is in Halcyon arms.

Question 4:
What kind of laser is it?

Question 5:
Why are you randomly shooting lasers around with your other planes nearby anyway? How are you not blinding your own pilots?

Ausitoria you only answered one question and that was after I repeated myself. Your non-answer, "am I going to have to explain optical communications", isn't even an appropriate response to one of the questions I asked. As for my commerce raider I have permission to use the submarine. If it being Nifonese is an issue then we'll say it's Beringian. It's in a shipping lane leading to the Commonwealth. And one more thing.

Question 6
How exactly does the 'Electric Moat' prevent Beringian intelligence agents, who are using Austorian IP ranges, from communicating with Austorians and Azadistanis on foreign and indigenous networks, such as facebook?
Last edited by Old Beringia on Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beringia is back!

Mandakhstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mandakhstan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:I'll rephrase and explain it a bit more. (I'm trying to resist going into jargon because jargon is not widely intelligible). About the whole electronic moat business, the thing to realize is that the Commonwealth can switch to the position where default access which is not approved does not exist (i.e. there is no access for things which are not approved before entering the Commonwealth's internet). This is mildly disruptive but less disruptive than giving access to everyone including botnets.

So basically you just cut off a few thousand nations and decided it didn't have any major impact on your economy, despite the heavy reliance of modern finance on rapid international communication and currency exchange via the internet in order to facilitate internal and external prosperity alike, something a nation with a horrifyingly bloated GDP of about ten times the USA's would require. Right. Mind telling me how allowance of access is decided?

Sinkretichki Kombinat
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinkretichki Kombinat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:12 pm

There is no way to tell a packet part of the cyberattack from a legitimate request to access, in case you want to somehow retain regular access to people of those nations to not tank your economy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents