NATION

PASSWORD

Civil War in Khataiy (MT, Closed-TG, OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Civil War in Khataiy (MT, Closed-TG, OOC)

Postby Khataiy » Tue May 08, 2018 6:20 am

Rules: Before anything else maintain as much realism as possible, no god modding or metagaming, be kind and professional, keep OOC in the OOC thread and TGs, for any direct questions feel free to TG me, have fun and be creative, also please be objective in spite of your IRL views and please keep them out of the OOC.
Update Rule I forgot to add, factions must control land before deploying soldiers to their aid, you can send special forces to support them however without them holding land.

Situation in Khataiy
Brown line = Claimed Kurdish Region
Yellow-Gold = KDF control
Red = National Coalition Control
Green-Teal = Syrian Rebel/HTS Control

UPDATED MAP

Situation in Khataiy
Brown line = Claimed Kurdish Region
Yellow-Gold = KDF control
Red = National Coalition Control
Green-Teal = Syrian Rebel/HTS Control
Orange line = Turkish/Freilibrean forces' boundary
Darker Yellow = National Army (Pro-KDF Tribal Sunni Arabs)
Purple = Abbas Brigade (Pro-KDF Shiites)

Background info
See here
Here
Here
And here[/align]

IC
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=442675

Factions

Main Rebels
Founded in early 2018 in response to the Government carrying out a mass eviction of Kurds from numerous villages in the Kurdish region and a bombing perpetrated by unknown assailants, KDF has tasted combat with Pro-Government militias in their self-proclaimed capital of Akbez which is diverse with many ethnicities and on the border between the claimed Kurdish region and what is considered Arab.

Government forces later pulled out to allow KDF to gain strength so that they could antagonize other groups in the region who would remove KDF for the government without the initial intention of doing so.

Currently supported by
Gerussiah
Afreena
The Orion Islands
Huntpublic
Freilibre
The United Artherian Federation
Bashriyya (National Army)
Volcanu
Eternal Lotharia
Victores
Valaran

The National Coalition was founded by former General Farid Waseem in a bid to overthrow his rival President Khairallah. The coalition is composed of the Revolutionary Army, Syrian Social Nationalist Party, Ghaddafists, Pro-Syria Baathists and others . The group aims to establish a new government led by a more left-wing nationalist/populist clique brought together by Waseem.

The group is willing to cooperate with KDF at times but would have no problem fighting them or dumping them later

Currently supported by
Nyevzky
Eternal Lotharia

Shia rebels
This group has been active underground for years since at least 2005 mainly carrying out assassinations and operating much like a Mafia than an armed paramilitary group. The group's base is in the Southern city of Suwadiya which is the only Shia majority city in the country. The group has received external support from Syria, Iran, and Hezbollah and has sent dozens of fighters to Iraq and Syria to fight alongside Shia militias in those countries, with the recent civil unrest the group has flourished and began collecting more arms and recruiting more members and organizing rallies put down by the army.

The group is allied with the NC and is mostly friendly towards them and shares a similar view regarding KDF

Currently supported by
Al Dawla

Government
The current government was brought to power by a civil war in the 1970s against a Pro-Western Democratic government that considered becoming part of Turkey, the President's father and his father who had a lot of influence on them both were veterans of wars across the region against European powers occupying Arab nations after WW1. The President's father migrated to Khataiy after a dispute with the Syrian government and immediately involved himself with local politics and rallied tribal leaders in the country and back in his homelands of Eastern Syria and Western Iraq to help fight the government and forged an alliance with the Muslim Brotherhood for a power sharing agreement that ultimately helped win the civil war and establish control for the Baathists supported by Iraq due to historic tribal connections.

Currently supported by
Grater Tovakia
Huguenoxe
Nova Arcadia Domini
New Transeurasia
Federation of Islamic Tribal Areas
Worwin
Arabian Icovir
McNernia

Syrian Rebels
An umbrella name for an assortment of groups fighting against the Syrian government as well as other groups such as Kurdish factions, ISIS, and occasionally even among themselves, they crossed into Khataiy along with the Tahrir al-Sham after provocation from Kurdish rebels in Khataiy. The government of Khataiy has sent arbitrary support various times during the Syrian Civil War as the government of Khataiy is a longtime rival of the Assad regime due to the Baath schism, border disputes, opposing opinions on Iraq, support for different sides during the Iran-Iraq war, as well as the age old Sunni-Shia rift.

Currently supported by
Freilibre
Mervay

Tahrir al-Sham
Hayat Tahrir al-Sham meaning "The Levantine Liberation Committee" was founded by 5 Salafist groups with the most notable being Jabhat Fatah al-Sham which was previously known as Jabhat al-Nusra, in the early stages of HTS it found itself in conflict with the FSA fighting for months with various cease fires and cooperation then conflict causing one of its founding groups to defect back to the FSA and fight against HTS. HTS carried out a suicide bombing on a Shiite Mosque in Khataiy to intimidate Shias from forming their own chapter of Hezbollah in the country, and spearheaded the Syrian rebel invasion of Khataiy's Kurdish regions in retaliation for a KDF attack as well as the lack of the government of Khataiy intervening.

The group is overall allied with the FSA but might clash occasionally as their relationship is quite delicate, the group is opposed to ISIS and holds a bitter rivalry with them, and is relatively neutral to the government of Khataiy and can go either way depending on the circumstances.

Currently supported by

Ansar al-Haqq
Not much is known about this group many see it as a ruse set up by the government to do their dirty work under deep cover of Jihadists, however these are only theories, the group's leader Abu Hatem briefly fought in Iraq and later Syria with unidentified groups of insurgents, while its members are a mix of mostly Arabs with Kurds and Turks in its ranks many who fought in Syria previously but returned to Khataiy later. The government has agents active in the group to collect intel and influence its actions.

Regarding other groups it is mostly neutral in regards to disputes between Islamists like the ISIS rivalry with HTS and others and likely wont pick a side unless necessary, and agents in the group might end influencing their policy anyway to make things pragmatically work out for the government in the end.

Currently supported by

Islamic State
Currently active in the country through terror cells organized together calling themselves "The Consistent" and currently maintains no territorial control but has referred to the country in its various outlets as "Antakya Wilayah" meaning Antakya Province, ISIS bombed a restaurant in Suwadiya that was owned by indivudals believed to be at the top of the Ashura Companies mafia style hierarchy, the group is also believed to be behind a series of bombings that occurred nation wide including on a pro-Kurdish protest and assassination of a pacifist Imam, ISIS is believe to have been active in Khataiy since mid2013 with smuggling operatives, with the "The Consistent" group officially pledging allegiance to ISIS in late 2014 and the Antakya Province first recognized by the group in early 2016.

Currently supported by
Al-Tajah

Revolutionary Front for Liberation
The origins of this group goes back to the 1960s, the group was founded to combat the Pro-Western Democratic government and received support from the Soviet Union but later declined in activity causing support to wane. When the first civil war began the group became active again but received support from China and North Korea after the Soviets armed the Baathists as they took up arms against the government first and proved to be more competent militarily. But China and North Korea took this opportunity to begin creating their own allies in light of the Sino-Soviet feud, however North Korea was able to influence the group the most, its leadership was even invited to Pyongyang to learn more about the Juche ideology and over the years as a result took on more of a North Korean approach to its ideology, even using terrorism on behalf the regime of North Korea.

The group will fight anyone who stands in their way of achieving their goals for a Communist utopia

Currently supported by
The Chinese Peoples Republic
Orbisoko

Application to support groups
Code: Select all
[b]Which group(s) are you supporting[/b]
[b]how[/b]
[b]why[/b]
[b]is this long term[/b]
[b]do you plan on a future relationship with the group(s)[/b]

Application for deployment
[b]Number of soldiers to be sent (Max 135, TG me to negotiate I'm pretty lenient)[/b]
[b]Are they being sent to support any particular faction[/b]
[b]Role/Mission[/b]
[b]Deployment length[/b]
[b]Service branches selected[/b]
[b]ORBAT[/b]

Application for new group
[b]flag/logo if available, please use spoiler[/b]
[b]ideology[/b]
[b]history[/b]
[b]faction (if applicable)[/b]
[b]allies and opponents[/b]
[b]ORBAT[/b]

Application for countries (only nessicary if the other apps are not applicable, but still encouraged anyway)
[b]Country name[/b]
[b]Leader[/b]
[b]Their ideology[/b]
[b]Goals for the region[/b]
[b]Brief history[/b]
Last edited by Khataiy on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue May 08, 2018 7:41 am

Hello!
I'm Allanea, you've seen me in the previous thread.

I'm hoping to have some involvement in this thread, but given you roleplay as a smaller nation, and given that there are going to be several nations probably wanting to have a military involvement, I'm going to be involved only in a limited fashion – i.e. via diplomacy, humanitarian aid, and possibly some very small-scale military involvement if such a thing becomes viable (i.e. possibly some missile strikes from submarines, assassinations, etc.

I feel my nation's IC position is a bit too complex to outline in a form so I'm going to do this here in a more detailed way:

Khataiy Democratic Forces: This is the group Allanea's government will ptrobably feel the most sympathy for, however, at least of the beginning of the RP, there will be very limited support of them, at the best it will be diplomatic. Like in the previous thread, Allanea will work to provide food, humanitarian aid, and evacuation to civilians of any kind who wish to receive its aid. It would like to have the cooperation of both the government and the KDF in this, but isn't banking on it.

Islamic State: The Free Kingdom sees itself as being at war with the Islamic State, whether or not this particular 'Islamic State' knows it or not. This partly is because the IS practices slavery, a practice that the Free Kingdom of Allanea sees as particularly morally repugnant (and has passed laws and signed international agreements legitimizing military actions against entities that engage in slavery), and partly because various IS groups have called for Jihad against Allanea in the past.

Likewise, the Free Kingdom is hostile to the Ashura Companies, Tahrir al-Sham, and Ansar al-Haqq. It is entirely possible that assassinations, limited drone strikes, and various subterfuge will be used against those groups.

Revolutionary Front for Liberation - They're Communists. We hate them and view them as a threat to national security.

Finally, the Free Kingdom regards the government of Khataiy as foolish and bigoted, even though it doesn't view it as being within its interest to wage war directly on it at the present. It's entirely willing to let Freilibre and other nations it views as rational actors to take center stage here.
Last edited by Allanea on Tue May 08, 2018 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue May 08, 2018 8:30 am

Allanea wrote:Hello!
I'm Allanea, you've seen me in the previous thread.

I'm hoping to have some involvement in this thread, but given you roleplay as a smaller nation, and given that there are going to be several nations probably wanting to have a military involvement, I'm going to be involved only in a limited fashion – i.e. via diplomacy, humanitarian aid, and possibly some very small-scale military involvement if such a thing becomes viable (i.e. possibly some missile strikes from submarines, assassinations, etc.

I feel my nation's IC position is a bit too complex to outline in a form so I'm going to do this here in a more detailed way:

Khataiy Democratic Forces: This is the group Allanea's government will ptrobably feel the most sympathy for, however, at least of the beginning of the RP, there will be very limited support of them, at the best it will be diplomatic. Like in the previous thread, Allanea will work to provide food, humanitarian aid, and evacuation to civilians of any kind who wish to receive its aid. It would like to have the cooperation of both the government and the KDF in this, but isn't banking on it.

Islamic State: The Free Kingdom sees itself as being at war with the Islamic State, whether or not this particular 'Islamic State' knows it or not. This partly is because the IS practices slavery, a practice that the Free Kingdom of Allanea sees as particularly morally repugnant (and has passed laws and signed international agreements legitimizing military actions against entities that engage in slavery), and partly because various IS groups have called for Jihad against Allanea in the past.

Likewise, the Free Kingdom is hostile to the Ashura Companies, Tahrir al-Sham, and Ansar al-Haqq. It is entirely possible that assassinations, limited drone strikes, and various subterfuge will be used against those groups.

Revolutionary Front for Liberation - They're Communists. We hate them and view them as a threat to national security.

Finally, the Free Kingdom regards the government of Khataiy as foolish and bigoted, even though it doesn't view it as being within its interest to wage war directly on it at the present. It's entirely willing to let Freilibre and other nations it views as rational actors to take center stage here.

That's perfectly okay and exactly what Im looking for.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue May 08, 2018 8:31 am

#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Gerussiah
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerussiah » Tue May 08, 2018 8:50 am

Khataiy Democratic Forces
Lend Lease Agreement/supplies
We support their open and diverse nature towards other folks or different straws of life, we would love to create strong economic relations with the country in the near future
Depends on how the civil war goes
Yes, we plan on creating strong economic and military relations, possibly even a secret alliance against other nations

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue May 08, 2018 8:52 am

Im familiar with a good ammount of them, I might refrence more later on, thanks.

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue May 08, 2018 8:53 am

Gerussiah wrote:Khataiy Democratic Forces
Lend Lease Agreement/supplies
We support their open and diverse nature towards other folks or different straws of life, we would love to create strong economic relations with the country in the near future
Depends on how the civil war goes
Yes, we plan on creating strong economic and military relations, possibly even a secret alliance against other nations

Accepted

Afreena
Attaché

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Group Support

Postby Afreena » Tue May 08, 2018 10:38 am

Good day. This is a Telegram from the Afreenan Foreign Ministry

Which group(s) are you supporting: KDF
how: Afreena plans to send Kh-202 Short Ranged Ballistic Missiles to them
why: We believe, that this Group is the right one in this conflict and thus, needs to be supported
is this long term: Yes
do you plan on a future relationship with the group(s): Yes

Number of soldiers to be sent (Max 135, TG me to negotiate I'm pretty lenient): 135
Are they being sent to support any particular faction: KDF
Role/Mission: To Defend those missiles, which are stated above
Deployment length: 1 Year
Service branches selected: Ground Forces
ORBAT: "Armageddon" Battalion which Includes 2 Companies
Last edited by Afreena on Tue May 08, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue May 08, 2018 10:51 am

Khataiy Democratic Forces
Trade, armaments ,and military support
Our government seeks to exterminate ethnic cleansers and support democracy.
Yes
We plan to help them build a stable nation

KDF
Training
6 months
Army
222nd Infantry Battalion under First Lieutenant Pierrette Sévérine Maçon
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:02 am

Afreena wrote:Good day. This is a Telegram from the Afreenan Foreign Ministry

why: We believe, that this Group is the right one in this conflict and thus, needs to be supported

Number of soldiers to be sent (Max 135, TG me to negotiate I'm pretty lenient): 135

Accepted, but how many missiles do you intend to send, perhaps you should also consider helping them produce missiles locally like the Houthis in Yemen.

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:02 am

The Orion Islands wrote:Khataiy Democratic Forces
Trade, armaments ,and military support
Our government seeks to exterminate ethnic cleansers and support democracy.
Yes
We plan to help them build a stable nation

KDF
Training
6 months
Army
222nd Infantry Battalion under First Lieutenant Pierrette Sévérine Maçon

Accepted

Afreena
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Afreena » Tue May 08, 2018 11:04 am

Khataiy wrote:
Afreena wrote:Good day. This is a Telegram from the Afreenan Foreign Ministry

Accepted, but how many missiles do you intend to send, perhaps you should also consider helping them produce missiles locally like the Houthis in Yemen.

We are going to send 240 Missiles per Year for now. We are also going to teach them how to make their own Chemical Gas and how to mount it on said missiles.

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:06 am

Afreena wrote:
Khataiy wrote:

We are going to send 240 Missiles per Year for now. We are also going to teach them how to make their own Chemical Gas and how to mount it on said missiles.

Is it okay if you reduce that number to 120, also KDF is against Chemical weapons they are heavily based on the Real life Syrian Democatic Forces, 240 is a bit exessive depending on how large they are, but Im willing to work with you on that on the OOC side of things.

Afreena
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Afreena » Tue May 08, 2018 11:07 am

Khataiy wrote:
Afreena wrote:

Is it okay if you reduce that number to 120, also KDF is against Chemical weapons they are heavily based on the Real life Syrian Democatic Forces, 240 is a bit exessive depending on how large they are, but Im willing to work with you on that on the OOC side of things.

Hm oh well, lets say 100 Missiles per Year, plus launching Vehicles and Maintenance Advisors and spare parts.

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:11 am

Afreena wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Is it okay if you reduce that number to 120, also KDF is against Chemical weapons they are heavily based on the Real life Syrian Democatic Forces, 240 is a bit exessive depending on how large they are, but Im willing to work with you on that on the OOC side of things.

Hm oh well, lets say 100 Missiles per Year, plus launching Vehicles and Maintenance Advisors and spare parts.

Yes that's fine, the maintence and advisors will have to be part of the 135 though, I will allow it in this caae to gover to 155, I recommend you read about the Houthi's missile capabilities and production and emulate it with KDF

Afreena
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Afreena » Tue May 08, 2018 11:15 am

Khataiy wrote:
Afreena wrote:

Yes that's fine, the maintence and advisors will have to be part of the 135 though, I will allow it in this caae to gover to 155, I recommend you read about the Houthi's missile capabilities and production and emulate it with KDF

Well, that seems pretty complicated, so lets just say that I am using the Technical Advisors to help them build Missile Manufacturing Facility on their own.

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:16 am

Afreena wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Yes that's fine, the maintence and advisors will have to be part of the 135 though, I will allow it in this caae to gover to 155, I recommend you read about the Houthi's missile capabilities and production and emulate it with KDF

Well, that seems pretty complicated, so lets just say that I am using the Technical Advisors to help them build Missile Manufacturing Facility on their own.

Yeah that's fine

Afreena
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Afreena » Tue May 08, 2018 11:17 am

Khataiy wrote:
Afreena wrote:

Yeah that's fine

So when is the real action starting? And how is it gonna go down

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:19 am

Afreena wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Yeah that's fine

Most likely later today or early tomorrow, it will open from where the previous thread left off sort of some new events and maybe some background.

Afreena
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Afreena » Tue May 08, 2018 11:23 am

Khataiy wrote:
Afreena wrote:

Most likely later today or early tomorrow, it will open from where the previous thread left off sort of some new events and maybe some background.

So I can just act how I like on this Thread? What is this Thread for really?

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue May 08, 2018 11:28 am

Afreena wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Most likely later today or early tomorrow, it will open from where the previous thread left off sort of some new events and maybe some background.

Yes you can but this civil war thread has more freedom for direct intervention, and that thread was to attract attention, as well as act as a prelude of unrest and instability that led to the civil war now.

Afreena
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Afreena » Tue May 08, 2018 11:43 am

Khataiy wrote:
Afreena wrote:

Yes you can but this civil war thread has more freedom for direct intervention, and that thread was to attract attention, as well as act as a prelude of unrest and instability that led to the civil war now.

Ah okay, so the lore or the action will continue here?

Al-Tajah
Political Columnist

Founded: May 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Tajah » Tue May 08, 2018 12:48 pm

IC Support
To: All
Subject: Support For The People of Khataiy

Following the recent events within Khataiy, we have moved to support the nation and its people. Though we do not condone the actions of the Khataiy government against the Kurdish people, we also do not condone the actions taken by the international community against Khataiy. Furthermore, we strongly urge the international community to refrain from further intervention against the people of Khataiy. This intervention reeks of special interests of imperialist nations rather than genuine support for the citizens of Khataiy.

That being said we do not support the government of Khataiy. We do not condone the suspected ethnic cleansing of Kurdish villages within Khataiy. We support its nation and its people who are caught in this tragic crossfire. As such we have moved to send aid and support to the citizens of Khataiy as well as Free Syrian Army members who have been displaced by conflict.

Lastly, to President Khairallah, we hope you do what is best for your people. And to the people of Khataiy, the people of Al-Tajah are with you, the Arab world is with you, but above all, God is with you. Stay strong.

Yours,
Crown-Prince Ahmad AL-Hassan

OOC Support
Which group(s) are you supporting Islamic State
how Provide armaments and military support as well as funding
why We support their fight to spread Salafism and establish a global Caliphate.
is this long term Long term, as long as the conflict goes on.
do you plan on a future relationship with the group(s) Yes, we plan to support them and build a stable nation. Possibly even secretly aid them in spreading into other regions.

Greto
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greto » Tue May 08, 2018 12:50 pm

Which group(s) are you supporting The KDF and government
how Through monetary, humanitarian, and military aid; with possible limited drone, air, and missile strikes.
why The Republic’s primary interest in the conflict will be taking actions against the National Coalition and the Revolutionary Front, due to their left leaning ideologies. This will result in my government supporting both government forces and the KDF in a fight against communism with little regard of direct confrontation between both factions themselves.
is this long term Yes.
do you plan on a future relationship with the group(s) My nation is more sympathetic to the cause of the KDF which overtime I plan on showing greater importance on my nations support for the KDF over the government.
The Western Russians wrote:Move to London and you get a fuck load of chavs shouting at you telling you you're going to get stabbed. Whereas in Scotland you get a fuck load of homeless people shouting at you telling you you're going to get stabbed. Move to Wales and you'll get a fuck load of DRG telling you you're going to get stabbed. Move to Ireland you're going to get a fuck load of IRA telling you you're going to get bombed.

Readiness Level Unified Armed Forces: DEFCON 5
Terrorism Alert Level: Low

Jurestist
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jurestist » Tue May 08, 2018 12:51 pm

tag for interest

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents