NATION

PASSWORD

The History of the Imperial War (OOC, TWI only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Razzgriz
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 388
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Razzgriz » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:18 pm

Due to recent events I've decided to retcon the Empire's civil war during the Great War, which I feel effects the OE's foreign policy before and during the great war. Without the constant threat of the homeland of a close rival power invading me from the north I don't really see a reason for the OE to join either side during the initial outbreak of the war, as relations with Noronica would've probably still be sour and joining a siding with the United Republics would have been heresy at the time.

--edit--
After some discussion with Athara Magarat I think I've decided to let the OE remain neutral during majority of the conflict save for a signed agreement with the Magarati at the beginning of the war to help protect Yitoria & Unovi from a hypothetical Nyssic Invasion and an Invasion of the Tamsling Hangate following a skirmish in the aforementioned region.
Last edited by Razzgriz on Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
____ The Empire of the Iszkárien Isles____
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Learn more about it here

Interested in, or want to participate in the Beyond the Isles Project Click here

User avatar
Miklania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1438
Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Miklania » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Dormill and Stiura wrote:
Corindia wrote:Could we start some sort of spat? Maybe over something small like fishing rights or an island that escalates and gets both of us entangled in this war?

A spat, maybe. Over fishing rights, yeah no.

Being an Arsenal for the Neo-Imperialist cause sounds like a good idea, which means eventually I'm dragged into the war because of my many sunken ships or a Noronnican blockade. As for how you and I get dragged in simultaneously, I don't really know since D&S sort of lost interest in exerting control in the Southern Sea in that period.
Polar Svalbard wrote:Could have it all pummeled into the fucking dirt by strategic bombing

That's a lot of country to do strategic bombing on and Noronica is about the same distance to D&S as Britain was from Germany so there is going to be a good portion of the country's interior that was relatively safe until the mid and late stages of the war.

Fascists wanting Arvan makes sense, if my understanding of it's history is correct. Being an arsenal of the Neo-Imperialists until the later stages of the war would be a good thing as well.

On Government: Checks and balances and ways of stopping things from happening are the only things that provide a stable government and a stable society.

On Democracy: It is a very neutral thing. It can be the best way of ensuring a reasonable government, or it can lead to genocide in the name of 'the people'.

On NSG: I believe the technical term for you people is "malformed conscience".

On society: Until reason and science become cool again, the "enlightened" who profess both but practice neither will continue to gleefully chip away at the bedrock of human society.

User avatar
Corindia
Minister
 
Posts: 2353
Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 pm

Oh, a fascist threat to arvan could be sufficient CB for Corindia as well, Corindia joined the coalition that invaded Arvan in 2016 because of threats to the orchard owning corindi expats and fruit companies, that could provide similar in the past as well. That and Corindia's diplomatic ties to Noronica, which were quite strong at the time. Maybe a few Corindi cargo ships get sunk too, and we end up entering a little late. That works for me at least.

Of the People, For the People

User avatar
Belle Ilse en Terre
Diplomat
 
Posts: 704
Founded: Aug 26, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Belle Ilse en Terre » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:39 pm

My navy is not really in the neighbourhood, but if Corindia was exporting to Miklania I could definitely sink or commandeer some cargo ships.
Proud Member of the Western Isles

-Put this in your sig if you're a Monarchy!
Political Views
Conservative Constitutional Monarchist, open to a bit of liberalism or socialism
A Level 27 Civilisation, according to this index.

User avatar
Miklania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1438
Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Miklania » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Belle Ilse en Terre wrote:My navy is not really in the neighbourhood, but if Corindia was exporting to Miklania I could definitely sink or commandeer some cargo ships.

Convoy raiding is going to need to be a thing. I have specific plans for convoy raider battles.

On Government: Checks and balances and ways of stopping things from happening are the only things that provide a stable government and a stable society.

On Democracy: It is a very neutral thing. It can be the best way of ensuring a reasonable government, or it can lead to genocide in the name of 'the people'.

On NSG: I believe the technical term for you people is "malformed conscience".

On society: Until reason and science become cool again, the "enlightened" who profess both but practice neither will continue to gleefully chip away at the bedrock of human society.

User avatar
Alteran Republics
Envoy
 
Posts: 234
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Alteran Republics » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:32 pm

Regarding Altera - we're fully aware of Noronica's unpreparedness for war so we started mobilizing and preparing earlier - so was in a better position on the outbreak of war, but still woefully unprepared compared to the other international players.

Would Altera be a primary/high target for any of the powers? Strategically we're important for naval access from the northern sea down to the central canal via Argus ... however, we don't have a hostile land neighbour anymore so my dreams of a Singapore/Burma style campaign has gone out the window.

GOV.ALT
| Home | Overview | History | Economics | Government | Military | Language |
The Portal to the Alteran Intranet
Proud member of The Western Isles.
29 - M - Libertarian - Civil Servant

User avatar
Miklania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1438
Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Miklania » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:01 pm

Alteran Republics wrote:Regarding Altera - we're fully aware of Noronica's unpreparedness for war so we started mobilizing and preparing earlier - so was in a better position on the outbreak of war, but still woefully unprepared compared to the other international players.

Would Altera be a primary/high target for any of the powers? Strategically we're important for naval access from the northern sea down to the central canal via Argus ... however, we don't have a hostile land neighbour anymore so my dreams of a Singapore/Burma style campaign has gone out the window.

Would your troops and command be your own or part of Noronicas?

On Government: Checks and balances and ways of stopping things from happening are the only things that provide a stable government and a stable society.

On Democracy: It is a very neutral thing. It can be the best way of ensuring a reasonable government, or it can lead to genocide in the name of 'the people'.

On NSG: I believe the technical term for you people is "malformed conscience".

On society: Until reason and science become cool again, the "enlightened" who profess both but practice neither will continue to gleefully chip away at the bedrock of human society.

User avatar
Polar Svalbard
Senator
 
Posts: 3643
Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Polar Svalbard » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:08 pm

Miklania wrote:
Alteran Republics wrote:Regarding Altera - we're fully aware of Noronica's unpreparedness for war so we started mobilizing and preparing earlier - so was in a better position on the outbreak of war, but still woefully unprepared compared to the other international players.

Would Altera be a primary/high target for any of the powers? Strategically we're important for naval access from the northern sea down to the central canal via Argus ... however, we don't have a hostile land neighbour anymore so my dreams of a Singapore/Burma style campaign has gone out the window.

Would your troops and command be your own or part of Noronicas?

ANZAC situation would be pretty cool
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

User avatar
Alteran Republics
Envoy
 
Posts: 234
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Alteran Republics » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:52 am

Miklania wrote:
Alteran Republics wrote:Regarding Altera - we're fully aware of Noronica's unpreparedness for war so we started mobilizing and preparing earlier - so was in a better position on the outbreak of war, but still woefully unprepared compared to the other international players.

Would Altera be a primary/high target for any of the powers? Strategically we're important for naval access from the northern sea down to the central canal via Argus ... however, we don't have a hostile land neighbour anymore so my dreams of a Singapore/Burma style campaign has gone out the window.

Would your troops and command be your own or part of Noronicas?

I think Noronica and I were envisioning something akin to Canada - so we'd have some control over our own forces but if Noronica tells our boys to jump, we'll already be in the air.

GOV.ALT
| Home | Overview | History | Economics | Government | Military | Language |
The Portal to the Alteran Intranet
Proud member of The Western Isles.
29 - M - Libertarian - Civil Servant

User avatar
Belle Ilse en Terre
Diplomat
 
Posts: 704
Founded: Aug 26, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Belle Ilse en Terre » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:32 am

Miklania wrote:
Belle Ilse en Terre wrote:My navy is not really in the neighbourhood, but if Corindia was exporting to Miklania I could definitely sink or commandeer some cargo ships.

Convoy raiding is going to need to be a thing. I have specific plans for convoy raider battles.

I plan on having a few surface raiders (cruisers), but probably not too many submarines.
Proud Member of the Western Isles

-Put this in your sig if you're a Monarchy!
Political Views
Conservative Constitutional Monarchist, open to a bit of liberalism or socialism
A Level 27 Civilisation, according to this index.

User avatar
Dothrakia
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dothrakia » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:38 pm

Belle Ilse en Terre wrote:
Miklania wrote:Convoy raiding is going to need to be a thing. I have specific plans for convoy raider battles.

I plan on having a few surface raiders (cruisers), but probably not too many submarines.


I also planned on having a couple of surface raiders (battlecruiser/heavy cruiser hybrid) that might be of some use.

User avatar
Brulafi
Attaché
 
Posts: 88
Founded: Dec 28, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Brulafi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:04 pm

I know I'm fourteen pages late, but tag.
⬛⬛
Proud member of The Western Isles. Check it out!

I do not use NS stats.

User avatar
Dothrakia
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dothrakia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:40 am

Would any Imperial Power be interested in having one last great naval surface battle. Obviously the aircraft carrier is gonna be supreme during the war but I think one last surface battle to send the battleships out would be a nice touch.

User avatar
Miklania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1438
Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Miklania » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:13 pm

Dothrakia wrote:Would any Imperial Power be interested in having one last great naval surface battle. Obviously the aircraft carrier is gonna be supreme during the war but I think one last surface battle to send the battleships out would be a nice touch.

The plan is in motion already.

When people have the time, if they could write the requested sections I can edit together the beginning of the war and we can really get this thing rolling.

On Government: Checks and balances and ways of stopping things from happening are the only things that provide a stable government and a stable society.

On Democracy: It is a very neutral thing. It can be the best way of ensuring a reasonable government, or it can lead to genocide in the name of 'the people'.

On NSG: I believe the technical term for you people is "malformed conscience".

On society: Until reason and science become cool again, the "enlightened" who profess both but practice neither will continue to gleefully chip away at the bedrock of human society.

User avatar
Brulafi
Attaché
 
Posts: 88
Founded: Dec 28, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Brulafi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Miklania wrote:
Dothrakia wrote:Would any Imperial Power be interested in having one last great naval surface battle. Obviously the aircraft carrier is gonna be supreme during the war but I think one last surface battle to send the battleships out would be a nice touch.

The plan is in motion already.

When people have the time, if they could write the requested sections I can edit together the beginning of the war and we can really get this thing rolling.

Is that plan too far along for me to join in as a minor Free Power?
⬛⬛
Proud member of The Western Isles. Check it out!

I do not use NS stats.

User avatar
Negarakita
Diplomat
 
Posts: 808
Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Negarakita » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:12 am

Brulafi wrote:
Miklania wrote:The plan is in motion already.

When people have the time, if they could write the requested sections I can edit together the beginning of the war and we can really get this thing rolling.

Is that plan too far along for me to join in as a minor Free Power?

No
The one and only Apolitical, Centrist, (Literary) Romanticist, Russophile Kiwi living in Switzerland with an interest in mysticism and history. I fit the INFP stereotype far too well.

User avatar
Alteran Republics
Envoy
 
Posts: 234
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Alteran Republics » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:33 pm

Miklania wrote:
Dothrakia wrote:Would any Imperial Power be interested in having one last great naval surface battle. Obviously the aircraft carrier is gonna be supreme during the war but I think one last surface battle to send the battleships out would be a nice touch.

The plan is in motion already.

When people have the time, if they could write the requested sections I can edit together the beginning of the war and we can really get this thing rolling.

Forgive me, but what were the requested sections again?

GOV.ALT
| Home | Overview | History | Economics | Government | Military | Language |
The Portal to the Alteran Intranet
Proud member of The Western Isles.
29 - M - Libertarian - Civil Servant

User avatar
Miklania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1438
Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Miklania » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:52 pm

Alteran Republics wrote:
Miklania wrote:The plan is in motion already.

When people have the time, if they could write the requested sections I can edit together the beginning of the war and we can really get this thing rolling.

Forgive me, but what were the requested sections again?

The very beginning of the war. A couple of paragraphs of what was going on would be nice. Send me a TG when you get it done, post it here, and we can try to reconcile possible differences between the accounts. I can resend the draft portions I have so far if you need them.

On Government: Checks and balances and ways of stopping things from happening are the only things that provide a stable government and a stable society.

On Democracy: It is a very neutral thing. It can be the best way of ensuring a reasonable government, or it can lead to genocide in the name of 'the people'.

On NSG: I believe the technical term for you people is "malformed conscience".

On society: Until reason and science become cool again, the "enlightened" who profess both but practice neither will continue to gleefully chip away at the bedrock of human society.

User avatar
Polar Svalbard
Senator
 
Posts: 3643
Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Polar Svalbard » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:54 pm

Need anything from me?
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

User avatar
Miklania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1438
Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Miklania » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:56 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:Need anything from me?

Almorea will call for aid within a day of the invasion kicking off, so you should prepare your response. You should have a treaty agreement with him. It might be a good idea to send him a TG to talk over the details, if you haven't already.

On Government: Checks and balances and ways of stopping things from happening are the only things that provide a stable government and a stable society.

On Democracy: It is a very neutral thing. It can be the best way of ensuring a reasonable government, or it can lead to genocide in the name of 'the people'.

On NSG: I believe the technical term for you people is "malformed conscience".

On society: Until reason and science become cool again, the "enlightened" who profess both but practice neither will continue to gleefully chip away at the bedrock of human society.

User avatar
Dothrakia
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dothrakia » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:37 pm

Miklania wrote:
Alteran Republics wrote:Forgive me, but what were the requested sections again?

The very beginning of the war. A couple of paragraphs of what was going on would be nice. Send me a TG when you get it done, post it here, and we can try to reconcile possible differences between the accounts. I can resend the draft portions I have so far if you need them.

Do you just mean what was going on in our nations militarily/economically/politically at the time?

User avatar
Alteran Republics
Envoy
 
Posts: 234
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Alteran Republics » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:38 pm

Miklania wrote:
Alteran Republics wrote:Forgive me, but what were the requested sections again?

The very beginning of the war. A couple of paragraphs of what was going on would be nice. Send me a TG when you get it done, post it here, and we can try to reconcile possible differences between the accounts. I can resend the draft portions I have so far if you need them.

Certainly, I'll get that done ASAP. *makes a reminder on phone*

Edit: I don't think Keipan is still on the map beneath me? So I have a southernly enemy, otherwise I'll scrap the Singapore style campaign and focus on defense and a small force sent south to secure the canal. I'll check what AM has written and write something accordingly.
Last edited by Alteran Republics on Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GOV.ALT
| Home | Overview | History | Economics | Government | Military | Language |
The Portal to the Alteran Intranet
Proud member of The Western Isles.
29 - M - Libertarian - Civil Servant

User avatar
Miklania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1438
Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Miklania » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:48 am

Alteran Republics wrote:
Miklania wrote:The very beginning of the war. A couple of paragraphs of what was going on would be nice. Send me a TG when you get it done, post it here, and we can try to reconcile possible differences between the accounts. I can resend the draft portions I have so far if you need them.

Certainly, I'll get that done ASAP. *makes a reminder on phone*

Edit: I don't think Keipan is still on the map beneath me? So I have a southernly enemy, otherwise I'll scrap the Singapore style campaign and focus on defense and a small force sent south to secure the canal. I'll check what AM has written and write something accordingly.

Keipan is gone.

On Government: Checks and balances and ways of stopping things from happening are the only things that provide a stable government and a stable society.

On Democracy: It is a very neutral thing. It can be the best way of ensuring a reasonable government, or it can lead to genocide in the name of 'the people'.

On NSG: I believe the technical term for you people is "malformed conscience".

On society: Until reason and science become cool again, the "enlightened" who profess both but practice neither will continue to gleefully chip away at the bedrock of human society.

User avatar
Alteran Republics
Envoy
 
Posts: 234
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Alteran Republics » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:36 pm

Miklania wrote:
Alteran Republics wrote:Certainly, I'll get that done ASAP. *makes a reminder on phone*

Edit: I don't think Keipan is still on the map beneath me? So I have a southernly enemy, otherwise I'll scrap the Singapore style campaign and focus on defense and a small force sent south to secure the canal. I'll check what AM has written and write something accordingly.

Keipan is gone.

I feared as much, which is a pain. All the preliminary plans I had involved the aforementioned Singapore/Burmese style campaign to the south ... Guess I'll have to find somewhere else to deploy. Perhaps I should focus on homeland defense, deploying whereever Noronica goes and/or focus on the canal?

GOV.ALT
| Home | Overview | History | Economics | Government | Military | Language |
The Portal to the Alteran Intranet
Proud member of The Western Isles.
29 - M - Libertarian - Civil Servant

User avatar
Corindia
Minister
 
Posts: 2353
Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:20 pm

Alteran Republics wrote:
Miklania wrote:Keipan is gone.

I feared as much, which is a pain. All the preliminary plans I had involved the aforementioned Singapore/Burmese style campaign to the south ... Guess I'll have to find somewhere else to deploy.

I always try to break my history into modular chunks that can quickly be retconned exactly because of this. It's not ideal, but it lets me stay connected and makes the rewrites simpler

Of the People, For the People

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A m e n r i a, Columbion, Destriustan, Griffany, Macisikan, Monfrox, Ontorisa, Qhevak

Advertisement

Remove ads