NATION

PASSWORD

Tribuisti Mundo Inferno (OOC/Interest; MT/FanT Mature)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:36 am

Can someone post something????
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
Led By Susan Itai... Mostly MT, with some elements of FT.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
NEWS: BBSOne
Story Thread: Rise of the North, a Canada ISOT

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:42 pm

Danceria wrote:Fret not dear members, I am very much alive and (relatively) well. Between getting a drivers licence and putting in my two weeks, much moving and shaking has occurred.

The Danceria is a migratory creature, often taking long absences to take care of RL stuff, before returning to post for even longer periods of time.

So you ARE alive.

Bengal and Assam wrote:Can someone post something????

I had been waiting on Danceria.

I can see about trying to get another post up sometime later this week, but I can't promise much right now.
Disregard the "1's" in my name.
This nation vaguely represents my political views, but is not intended as social or political commentary.

I'm just here to RP for the most part, and give out awesome advice. I don't want trouble.
This nation exists in the 堕天使の女神 Datenshi No Megami universe. The current year is 2014.
This nation is in permanent armed neutrality. We can't attack other nations unless they invade us first.
Civil Rights, Economy, Integrity, Intelligence, Political Freedom, Recreational Drug Use, Scientific Advancement, Secularism. All other NS stats are non-canon.

S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Bengal and Assam wrote:I guess we won't be hearing from Sitka much since she claimed to be on a trip....

*he

Bengal and Assam wrote:Maybe I can get someone as idiot as Phileas Fogg to go to Colorado on his Yatch....

Phileas Fogg is not an 'idiot', he is a gentleman. He's also Larisa's cousin, but that's a different story...

Also, I'm back from the trip. Well, sort of. I have internet and my laptop, at least.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:44 pm

S i t k a wrote:
Bengal and Assam wrote:I guess we won't be hearing from Sitka much since she claimed to be on a trip....

*he

Bengal and Assam wrote:Maybe I can get someone as idiot as Phileas Fogg to go to Colorado on his Yatch....

Phileas Fogg is not an 'idiot', he is a gentleman. He's also Larisa's cousin, but that's a different story...

Also, I'm back from the trip. Well, sort of. I have internet and my laptop, at least.

Welcome back. :3
This nation vaguely represents my political views, but is not intended as social or political commentary.

I'm just here to RP for the most part, and give out awesome advice. I don't want trouble.
This nation exists in the 堕天使の女神 Datenshi No Megami universe. The current year is 2014.
This nation is in permanent armed neutrality. We can't attack other nations unless they invade us first.
Civil Rights, Economy, Integrity, Intelligence, Political Freedom, Recreational Drug Use, Scientific Advancement, Secularism. All other NS stats are non-canon.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:20 pm

I was planning my post about a Bengali shipping guy stuck in Volcano Man's country.But it seems that he's inactive.Can I get any new ideas for my next post?I plan for it to be set near the portal.....
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:34 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:I was planning my post about a Bengali shipping guy stuck in Volcano Man's country.But it seems that he's inactive.Can I get any new ideas for my next post?I plan for it to be set near the portal.....

I’m waiting for you to post the post
Last edited by Yellowstone- on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:19 pm

So should I respond to your post?

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Yellowstone- wrote:So should I respond to your post?

No,not until I finish it....
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

The City-State of Palmont
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The City-State of Palmont » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:17 pm

Soooo... My mother has healed a bit, so I'm editing in the continuation to my post!, I've already organized the police codes according to usage and meaning, next up is the continuation of the events that are unfolding at Palmont City.

Edit: All done!, post continuation edited, when y'all can tell me what y'all think about it!, feedback is always welcome.
Last edited by The City-State of Palmont on Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light theme users! Prepare to suffer!
NS Stats were cut and left unfinished.
This nation is effectively based off NFS: Carbon
The sounds of Palmont City!
Join this Discord server and get a unique chance to hear me sing! Tickets only 5NZ$.
Who I am (With political and social views, proceed with discretion)
Every comment uttered by yours truly shall be taken with a grain of salt.

Palmont PD internal broadcasts: *Static and just static*

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:40 pm

I'm finally completely back home, and will try to continue this soon.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:42 pm

The City-State of Palmont wrote:Soooo... My mother has healed a bit, so I'm editing in the continuation to my post!, I've already organized the police codes according to usage and meaning, next up is the continuation of the events that are unfolding at Palmont City.

Edit: All done!, post continuation edited, when y'all can tell me what y'all think about it!, feedback is always welcome.

Great end to the post. I could feel the tension. :3

S i t k a wrote:I'm finally completely back home, and will try to continue this soon.

Welcome back~

I'll try to get another post up. If I don't get one up tonight, I should sometime this week.

EDIT: I have the first part of my post done. I'll type more before I actually post anything, however.
Last edited by 1 Orinia 1 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Got the post up, like promised.

Got something for Sitka and Palmont there, and with plenty of horrific imagery. Enjoy. :3

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:47 pm

1 Orinia 1 wrote:Got the post up, like promised.

Got something for Sitka and Palmont there, and with plenty of horrific imagery. Enjoy. :3

Sorry for not posting. My mind's all over the place.

I promise I'll get something up tomorrow.

Stanier
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Stanier » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:57 pm

Stanier/Palmont here, I'll try to get an answer post to that tomorrow, and holy s*** that's scary, you're good at writing horror fiction Ori.
Call me Lima
Kako (Yes, she is her own person inside my head) and I are Jeff Lynne's No. 1 fans.
Italic text with mostly lower case letters = I'm joking.
Stanier is set in 2016 and it's stuck there 'till I can finish this lore.
NS stats are used, but policies aren't.
Slowly learning Italian

La Voce di Stanier, NULL NaN: Kako quote of the [INSERT DETERMINATE REFRESH PERIOD] "The floof does not discriminate, be it catto, doggo, birb, or bnnuy. All fluff was created equal"|New plan, minor worldbuilding, focus on the characters, sideline the leader. THE MEAT MUST BE IN THE BACKGROUND CHARACTERS!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:18 pm

completed my post....
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:45 pm

I ended up getting something written right away. I'd like to continue it tomorrow without Orinia making more monsters show up right away; without giving too much away, the characters are on a long trip and I'd like to see them get there.

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:17 am

Stanier wrote:

Stanier/Palmont here, I'll try to get an answer post to that tomorrow, and holy s*** that's scary, you're good at writing horror fiction Ori.

Why thank you! I appreciate that. :3

S i t k a wrote:I ended up getting something written right away. I'd like to continue it tomorrow without Orinia making more monsters show up right away; without giving too much away, the characters are on a long trip and I'd like to see them get there.

Well, I had monsters waylay your trip. Specifically, ghouls, lead by a wendigo.

Slight problem... ghouls don't come from nowhere. Where there are a lot of ghouls, there is always something much bigger and nastier. Otherwise, there wouldn't be ghouls. Ghouls aren't the disease, they are a symptom.

Good news is that ghouls aren't too much of a problem on their own... if you know how to deal with them. Most people don't; in fact most people would make the problem exponentially worse by thinking that common zombie tropes apply there when they don't. So people who think they are genre savvy just end up making things worse. Someone got bit and you want to stop them from turning? Congrats, you just killed someone who wasn't going to become a ghoul anyways, who only needed medical attention, and possibly made things worse for everyone else. If anyone around was only barely in control of their sanity before you did that, you possibly DID make someone else turn into a ghoul, exactly what you were trying to prevent! And that's assuming they weren't stupid enough to try to "kill the zombies"... (Larisa and Marty could probably handle the wraiths, as wraiths aren't actually that powerful if you have a means of hurting them, but most people won't have a means of hurting them and as such would be easy pickings for them.)

I suppose I could hold off on throwing anything more at you... for now.

EDIT: It seems you've shot at the ghouls, yes?

Great. Now you have wraiths to deal with. Which are like ghouls, but ethereal, and whose attacks inflict frostbite. (If you can kill the wraiths, which if you have any "elemental" attacks or are ethereal yourself shouldn't be an issue, they don't usually have "large health bars" unless they did in life too.)

I, uh... tried to spell it out in my compendium entries, so this wouldn't come as a shock or anything to you as a player, even if it did to your characters.
Last edited by 1 Orinia 1 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:20 am

1 Orinia 1 wrote:
Stanier wrote:

Why thank you! I appreciate that. :3

S i t k a wrote:I ended up getting something written right away. I'd like to continue it tomorrow without Orinia making more monsters show up right away; without giving too much away, the characters are on a long trip and I'd like to see them get there.

Well, I had monsters waylay your trip. Specifically, ghouls, lead by a wendigo.

Slight problem... ghouls don't come from nowhere. Where there are a lot of ghouls, there is always something much bigger and nastier. Otherwise, there wouldn't be ghouls. Ghouls aren't the disease, they are a symptom.

Good news is that ghouls aren't too much of a problem on their own... if you know how to deal with them. Most people don't; in fact most people would make the problem exponentially worse by thinking that common zombie tropes apply there when they don't. So people who think they are genre savvy just end up making things worse. Someone got bit and you want to stop them from turning? Congrats, you just killed someone who wasn't going to become a ghoul anyways, who only needed medical attention, and possibly made things worse for everyone else. If anyone around was only barely in control of their sanity before you did that, you possibly DID make someone else turn into a ghoul, exactly what you were trying to prevent! And that's assuming they weren't stupid enough to try to "kill the zombies"... (Larisa and Marty could probably handle the wraiths, as wraiths aren't actually that powerful if you have a means of hurting them, but most people won't have a means of hurting them and as such would be easy pickings for them.)

I suppose I could hold off on throwing anything more at you... for now.

Well, there can certainly be something 'bigger and nastier' in the nearby city. It's on fire for a reason, I imagine.

As for not trying to kill the ghouls... what do you expect a bunch of frontier people with guns to do?

And speaking of Marty, I should probably get back to those people on the boat soon...

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:23 am

Guys,writing on mobile is very tough.You guys should try writing a 300word story on mobile once,then you'll understand what I'm talking about.....
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:25 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:Guys,writing on mobile is very tough.You guys should try writing a 300word story on mobile once,then you'll understand what I'm talking about.....

I've tried posting on mobile in the past. At one point I was involved in a roleplay and didn't have any other options but posting from there. I still typed up posts of about the same size as I usually do (around 1500-2000+ char; I don't measure by word because not all words are equal), but that doesn't mean I liked it. I generally avoid that whenever possible.
Last edited by 1 Orinia 1 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:38 am

1 Orinia 1 wrote:
Bengal and Assam wrote:Guys,writing on mobile is very tough.You guys should try writing a 300word story on mobile once,then you'll understand what I'm talking about.....

I've tried posting on mobile in the past. At one point I was involved in a roleplay and didn't have any other options but posting from there. I still typed up posts of about the same size as I usually do (around 1500-2000+ char; I don't measure by word because not all words are equal), but that doesn't mean I liked it. I generally avoid that whenever possible.

I once had to post from an old Nokia using a T9 keyboard because I was basically in the middle of nowhere and didn't have a smartphone at the time.It was a disaster,and my fingers ached by the time I returned home.
Say,did you guys ever RP using old Nokias with T9 buttons???
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:37 pm

Bengal and Assam wrote:
1 Orinia 1 wrote:

I once had to post from an old Nokia using a T9 keyboard because I was basically in the middle of nowhere and didn't have a smartphone at the time.It was a disaster,and my fingers ached by the time I returned home.

Nope. Never had a Nokia. When I did what I described above, it was on a really old ZTE, with maybe 2GB or so of total storage space. So it was a smartphone, just not a good one. I insisted that if I'm going to post at all that the quality of my post not decrease what-so-ever... but that's just that I hold myself to high standards. (I also refuse to use text-talk ever; for the longest time I didn't want to text at all because I had spent so long mocking texting when it first came out that to use it would feel kind of hypocritical.)

How do you post... from a not smartphone? Isn't the thing that makes a smartphone... well... "smart", the fact that it can access the internet?

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:47 am

1 Orinia 1 wrote:
Bengal and Assam wrote:I once had to post from an old Nokia using a T9 keyboard because I was basically in the middle of nowhere and didn't have a smartphone at the time.It was a disaster,and my fingers ached by the time I returned home.

Nope. Never had a Nokia. When I did what I described above, it was on a really old ZTE, with maybe 2GB or so of total storage space. So it was a smartphone, just not a good one. I insisted that if I'm going to post at all that the quality of my post not decrease what-so-ever... but that's just that I hold myself to high standards. (I also refuse to use text-talk ever; for the longest time I didn't want to text at all because I had spent so long mocking texting when it first came out that to use it would feel kind of hypocritical.)

How do you post... from a not smartphone? Isn't the thing that makes a smartphone... well... "smart", the fact that it can access the internet?

Well,old Nokias from the Asha Series can access basic internet through wap,but can't play videos at high quality or use HTML5 based sites,like Google Maps etc...
I used an Asha with a qwerty keyboard.It accessed NS like a charm,but the keys were so small that it ruined my on-the-go RP experience.Then getting an even older phone, the E7, improved it a bit.....
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:08 am

POSTED,brought in some new characters....
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Konnichiwa...
Anyone here????
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents