NATION

PASSWORD

Tribuisti Mundo Inferno (OOC/Interest; MT/FanT Mature)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Tribuisti Mundo Inferno (OOC/Interest; MT/FanT Mature)

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:57 pm

HONOREM. VIRTUS. VICTORIA.

This is an OOC and Interest thread for Tribuisti Mundo Inferno. This thread was originally made with the intent to see if there would be enough people interested to make an IC thread. The people have spoken. The IC thread can be accessed here.

Tribuisti Mundo Inferno is set in the 堕天使の女神 Datenshi No Megami (DNM) 'verse, the same setting as my main nation. You do not need to know any of the major setting specific lore going in. The only thing you need to know is the following: it is a separate timeline from our own, superficially appears similar to our own, and the world begins to end on the 28th of October in the year 2014 CE. This is also likely to diverge significantly from DNM canon, so feel free to explore various ideas within reason.

Disclaimer:
Do note that not all MT tech will allowed. Technology invented after 28 October, 2014 wouldn't have been
invented before the coming Apocalypse. Do note however that this is "fuzzy", the differing timeline has seen a
few pieces of human tech that were invented that don't exist IRL. However, these are still usually within the
realm of what was capable at the time; the most notable example being the existence of Google's GPhone
in the DNM canon, intended to compete with Android and Apple phones.
The idea for the roleplay is thus: It is the 28th of October, 2014 CE. Portals to the Underworld have opened in Orinia, and demons are pouring out. Nobody is really sure why. Over the following weeks, such portals will open across the world, as well as portals to the Overworld. The world is ending, and the forces of the Underworld and Overworld are nigh unstoppable. The raw energies of these extraplanar worlds will begin xenoforming the Earth into a world inhospitable to native life, while native flora and fauna begin taking on increasingly hellish forms.

Disclaimer:
The DNM 'verse is very much "hard R" in terms of graphic and controversial nature. DNM often portrays
graphic and explicit violence with the injuries and psychological issues of this portrayed as realistically as
possible. It also often explores controversial subject matter, such as torture, mercenary work, religion, dogma,
extremism, racial tensions, occultism, whether or not "human rights" extend to non-humans, alcoholism and
drug abuse and more, in a setting with gray-and-gray morality. It is mature in the actual meaning of the word,
rather than what "teenagers think is mature". Some of this will likely be need to be toned down to abide by NS
"PG13" policy, and I may need assistance in order to discern what needs to be cut. That said, keep the above in
mind.
THIS COULD BE CONSIDERED A HORROR ROLEPLAY. The chance of ANY NATION surviving intact are so slim as to be negligible. This roleplay indeed isn't about YN surviving intact. In canon, Orinia certainly doesn't. It is safe to assume all nations WILL BECOME BALKANIZED INTO TINY CITY STATES throughout the course of the roleplay, ASSUMING ANYONE SURVIVES AT ALL. The idea of the roleplay is not to win. The idea isn't even to survive. The idea of the roleplay is to see what outcome befalls YN and YN's allies. The idea of the roleplay is to see what lengths YN will go to when everything is at stake and your backs are to the wall. The idea is to see how YN's citizens adapt to post-apocalyptia. Further exemplifying this is the fact that many hostile entities are not even capable of being harmed with normal weaponry, with bullets and blades passing right through them. The idea is not to "find a way to beat them". The idea is to adapt to the knowledge of their existence. For better, or for worse, our world is now inhabited by the supernatural.

Disclaimer:
It is worth noting the usage of the terms "angel" and "demon" in DNM. DNM is, quite strictly, a setting of
gray-and-gray morality. Angels are NOT beings of pure "goodness". Likewise demons are NOT beings of pure evil.
They do correspond with differing ideologies however, but these ideologies have both positive and negative
merits, and are often take to extremes far outside what most mortals would consider "sane", for such beings are
outside such mortal limitations. Demons are beings of individualism, in both its freedom and liberty, but also in
its various extremes and excesses. Demons can hardly agree with one another at the best of times, and may
often backstab one another. Angels are beings of pure collectivism. They are incapable of free will, and have
great difficulty with independent thought. They exist only to serve their megalomaniacal dictator-god. Neither is
truly "good" or "evil", and both are highly dangerous.
With this all in mind, what will YN do? Will YL try to maintain order in this world going insane? How will YN's citizens cope with beings from every mythology, religion, and folklore filling the world with their eldritch forms? What beliefs will YN give up for the sake of "keeping the peace"? Who will YN turn to in their most dire moments? How will YN treat these otherworldly invaders? And what factions within YN will be vying for power when YN's government inevitably fails? How will the people of YN react to the whole world becoming one giant failed state?

Feel free to post below and apply within. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Last edited by 1 Orinia 1 on Sun May 13, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disregard the "1's" in my name.
This nation vaguely represents my political views, but is not intended as social or political commentary.

I'm just here to RP for the most part, and give out awesome advice. I don't want trouble.
This nation exists in the 堕天使の女神 Datenshi No Megami universe. The current year is 2014.
This nation is in permanent armed neutrality. We can't attack other nations unless they invade us first.
Civil Rights, Economy, Integrity, Intelligence, Political Freedom, Recreational Drug Use, Scientific Advancement, Secularism. All other NS stats are non-canon.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed May 02, 2018 7:16 pm

I'm actually interested in this. I'd have to go through with it as though it were in an alternate dimention of my nation now.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:47 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:I'm actually interested in this. I'd have to go through with it as though it were in an alternate dimention of my nation now.

Thank you! It is nice to know there are people interested. I've been planning this... basically since I made this particular puppet, but I've been biting my nails about it, worried that nobody would actually want to join.

Are there any questions you have about the DNM 'verse that I can answer? You're looking at someone who's wrote most of the lore for the setting, and helped create and test the game system based in the setting. (No, I won't have everyone in the roleplay learn the system. It's a great system, with loads of character customization options, but it is complicated, and has no shortage of math. Look at any stat, and there's an algebraic formula to go with it. That's in addition to counting ammo, food, water, and other supplies. All of that has to be tracked, for the sake of survival horror.)
This nation vaguely represents my political views, but is not intended as social or political commentary.

I'm just here to RP for the most part, and give out awesome advice. I don't want trouble.
This nation exists in the 堕天使の女神 Datenshi No Megami universe. The current year is 2014.
This nation is in permanent armed neutrality. We can't attack other nations unless they invade us first.
Civil Rights, Economy, Integrity, Intelligence, Political Freedom, Recreational Drug Use, Scientific Advancement, Secularism. All other NS stats are non-canon.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed May 02, 2018 8:01 pm

1 Orinia 1 wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:I'm actually interested in this. I'd have to go through with it as though it were in an alternate dimention of my nation now.

Thank you! It is nice to know there are people interested. I've been planning this... basically since I made this particular puppet, but I've been biting my nails about it, worried that nobody would actually want to join.

Are there any questions you have about the DNM 'verse that I can answer? You're looking at someone who's wrote most of the lore for the setting, and helped create and test the game system based in the setting. (No, I won't have everyone in the roleplay learn the system. It's a great system, with loads of character customization options, but it is complicated, and has no shortage of math. Look at any stat, and there's an algebraic formula to go with it. That's in addition to counting ammo, food, water, and other supplies. All of that has to be tracked, for the sake of survival horror.)

I'm certain that i'll have questions, as i'm not very familiar with the lore. After we have gotten some others interested and gotten an IC thread up, i'll start asking anything that comes to mind. Until then, you can count me in~
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:09 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:
1 Orinia 1 wrote:

I'm certain that i'll have questions, as i'm not very familiar with the lore. After we have gotten some others interested and gotten an IC thread up, i'll start asking anything that comes to mind. Until then, you can count me in~

It's fine if you aren't familiar just yet. None of the nations involved would realistically know what is going on when the Apocalypse starts. Only a very, very small handful of government agencies and the odd few civilians and supernatural beings hiding among humans would even be able to make an educated guess as to what is actually going on. Basically, the roleplay is taking place during a time period when the nations themselves would be having to learn, and learn fast.

Of course, be warned that some bits of lore you don't want to know. Wouldn't want to shatter that precious, fragile sanity...
Don't look at the cupcakes for too long, and don't ask why they're staring at you. The cupcakes absolutely can't speak, and you shouldn't listen to anything they say to you. If you believe that cupcakes are trying to speak to you, we've got some anti-psychotics for you to take.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Fri May 04, 2018 6:28 am

I'm interested in such RPs which blend the elements of modern science and fantasy.I would like to participate in this RP once it begins.
But I do have questions to ask.Here they are:
1.Can we have fantasy tech,like mechs?
2.Can we ally with either angels or demons?
3.Do you want a portal to open up in the middle of Chuo-ku(middle area),of the Bengali capital???
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
Led By Susan Itai... Mostly MT, with some elements of FT.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
NEWS: BBSOne
Story Thread: Rise of the North, a Canada ISOT

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:51 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:I'm interested in such RPs which blend the elements of modern science and fantasy.I would like to participate in this RP once it begins.
But I do have questions to ask.Here they are:
1.Can we have fantasy tech,like mechs?
2.Can we ally with either angels or demons?
3.Do you want a portal to open up in the middle of Chuo-ku(middle area),of the Bengali capital???

1. Could you realistically construct such weapons with the technology available in 2014? Would you be willing to accept the realistic consequences of such weapons, as well? (E.g. the reason we don't use mechs in real life is primarily due to their high profile being an easy target for anti-tank missiles, and their legs being an easy and large weak point which would cripple the entire mech if even one of them is taken out. That isn't to say it isn't possible to build realistic military mechs, just that they A. tend to be a lot less big and flashy, B. tend to be expensive and as such not deployed often, and C. tend to function way differently than mechs are usually portrayed in fiction.)

2. It is possible. Either one has massive draw backs though. Keep in mind that neither angels nor demons tend to see mortals as anything but a tool or resource at best. They'll use you to further their own agendas. There are upsides as well though. Just also note that if you side with one, the other side will have good reason to hate you, as opposed to just having your people caught in the crossfire or picking on mortals for funsies.

3. There will be multiple portals opening. One or more opening up there is fine.

I do have a question for both of you, however. Are there any indigenous "end of the world" prophecies? This is actually really important in DNM lore. All of the "end of the world" prophecies in various religions and folklore come true... but only in their respective regions of origin. So for example: Ragnarok happens... but only in Scandinavian countries.

I have another question at well: what are some of the more... unpleasant species that live in YN's? Can be native or invasive. Can be anything from "we have kudzu, it's invasive and spreads everywhere, we hate it", to "we have parasitic wasps, they're really scary", to "we have huge fucking crocodiles." The more things you can list, the better.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Fri May 04, 2018 8:13 am

1.It's not available online,but I did read something on a book once about Bengali mythology.The truth is that even though I'm a native Bengali\Bangladeshi(your choice),I'm somewhat weak in the language so I will be able to provide vague info.It was something about the alignment of planets,constant earthquakes and how the gates of hell opens up.
(I sometimes wonder if that book was written by a hippie....)
2.Being a agrarian country(until the mid-90s tho)(agriculture still holds somewhat of a huge chunk of the GPD),Bangladesh faces pest problems during harvest season.
(ripped it off from my social science textbook)
(This may also be used for IC Bengal where agriculture holds 20% of the national GDP)
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:20 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:1.It's not available online,but I did read something on a book once about Bengali mythology.The truth is that even though I'm a native Bengali\Bangladeshi(your choice),I'm somewhat weak in the language so I will be able to provide vague info.It was something about the alignment of planets,constant earthquakes and how the gates of hell opens up.
2.Being a agrarian country(until the mid-90s tho)(agriculture still holds somewhat of a huge chunk of the GPD),Bangladesh faces pest problems during harvest season.
(This may also be used for IC Bengal where agriculture holds 20% of the national GDP)

1. Interesting... A shame it isn't available online, as that kind of thing is a perfect jumping off point for personal research. Would you happen to have the name of the book?

2. Pests? Like insects and rodents?

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Fri May 04, 2018 9:56 am

1 Orinia 1 wrote:
Bengal and Assam wrote:1.It's not available online,but I did read something on a book once about Bengali mythology.The truth is that even though I'm a native Bengali\Bangladeshi(your choice),I'm somewhat weak in the language so I will be able to provide vague info.It was something about the alignment of planets,constant earthquakes and how the gates of hell opens up.

1. Interesting... A shame it isn't available online, as that kind of thing is a perfect jumping off point for personal research. Would you happen to have the name of the book?

1.I have to find it coz I forgot the name.I'm gonna look for similar books which are in english,then send their names to you,if you don't have any problem with that....
2.I guess that it's those insects which destroys crops and stuff.Honesty,I don't know since I spent 99.5% of my life in this concrete jungle known as Dhaka.....
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Bengal and Assam wrote:
1 Orinia 1 wrote:

1.I have to find it coz I forgot the name.I'm gonna look for similar books which are in english,then send their names to you,if you don't have any problem with that....
2.I guess that it's those insects which destroys crops and stuff.Honesty,I don't know since I spent 99.5% of my life in this concrete jungle known as Dhaka.....

1. That's perfect. Thank you. :3

2. It's fine. I can look into it more. Thanks for the starting point.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Sat May 05, 2018 5:59 am

1 Orinia 1 wrote:
Bengal and Assam wrote:1.I have to find it coz I forgot the name.I'm gonna look for similar books which are in english,then send their names to you,if you don't have any problem with that....

Just found this rural Bengali myth...
https://www.thedailystar.net/star-weeke ... sh-1390843
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Sat May 05, 2018 10:53 am

I've decided the nick\code name that my country's administration,Self-Defence Forces and the general public will use to refer to the demons.I'm going for "mamono".Mamon is the Bengali name for a demon with selfish interests and is also present in rural Bengali folk tales(thanks to my grandma).I added the "no" in the end coz there is no kanji for "n",and since my country is a mix of Bangladesh and RL Japan,I thought that calling demons "Mamono" is going to be cool..
And as for angels,I'm going for "Tenshi",the Japanese word for angel.....
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:30 pm

Bengal and Assam wrote:
1 Orinia 1 wrote:

Just found this rural Bengali myth...

Thank you! :3

Bengal and Assam wrote:I've decided the nick\code name that my country's administration,Self-Defence Forces and the general public will use to refer to the demons.I'm going for "mamono".Mamon is the Bengali name for a demon with selfish interests and is also present in rural Bengali folk tales(thanks to my grandma).I added the "no" in the end coz there is no kanji for "n",and since my country is a mix of Bangladesh and RL Japan,I thought that calling demons "Mamono" is going to be cool..

I have some knowledge of Japanese. I'm not fluent, but I know way more than the average otaku. 魔物 (Mamono) is a term meaning "monster" or "demon", so that's appropriate. As for 天使 (Tenshi), that works.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Sat May 05, 2018 7:41 pm

1 Orinia 1 wrote:
Bengal and Assam wrote:Just found this rural Bengali myth...

Bengal and Assam wrote:I've decided the nick\code name that my country's administration,Self-Defence Forces and the general public will use to refer to the demons.I'm going for "mamono".Mamon is the Bengali name for a demon with selfish interests and is also present in rural Bengali folk tales(thanks to my grandma).I added the "no" in the end coz there is no kanji for "n",and since my country is a mix of Bangladesh and RL Japan,I thought that calling demons "Mamono" is going to be cool..

I have some knowledge of Japanese. I'm not fluent, but I know way more than the average otaku. 魔物 (Mamono) is a term meaning "monster" or "demon", so that's appropriate. As for 天使 (Tenshi), that works.

Wow,so it seems that Bengali and Japanese have something in common,even though the mainstream Bengali term for demon is Rakkhosh(I know it sounds crap)......
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Bengal and Assam wrote:
1 Orinia 1 wrote:

Wow,so it seems that Bengali and Japanese have something in common,even though the mainstream Bengali term for demon is Rakkhosh(I know it sounds crap)......

The last term there reminds me of "Rakshasa", a type of demon in Hinduism and Buddhism. Considering the proximity to India... that might be the etymological origin? I dunno.

I had a little chuckle at your use of the word "Tenshi" though, given the setting is called Datenshi No Megami. (Which roughly translates to "Goddess of Fallen Angels".)

Hmm... this is certainly going to be very interesting. :3

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat May 05, 2018 8:05 pm

I have no idea what is going on, so I'll tag.
Here's what I got so far.

It's RagnaroKaliYugArmeggedon2012 Day, and the world has gone to shit.
Here there be everything from demons to angels/good spirits, slogging it out over modern day wherever. However, it's gonna be hell in a handbasket for multicultural nations like the US. Scandinwhoovians bringing with it their Ragnarok, Percy Jackson fans creating a Titanomachy sequel, Voodu having a heyday, the massive earthquake that ends the Mayan calender, a Ghost Dance whips across the plains, the Mormons somehow are still doing door to door missions...

I assume we're doing RL nations, because...
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Sat May 05, 2018 8:11 pm

1 Orinia 1 wrote:
Bengal and Assam wrote:Wow,so it seems that Bengali and Japanese have something in common,even though the mainstream Bengali term for demon is Rakkhosh(I know it sounds crap)......

The last term there reminds me of "Rakshasa", a type of demon in Hinduism and Buddhism. Considering the proximity to India... that might be the etymological origin? I dunno.

I had a little chuckle at your use of the word "Tenshi" though, given the setting is called Datenshi No Megami. (Which roughly translates to "Goddess of Fallen Angels".)

It is a fact that Bengali actually descends from Sanskrit(though Bengali is a lot easier that this tongue twister),so do some of the other languages of the Indian subcontinent.

Tenshi is the Japanese word for angel.Since my country is predominantly Bengali-Japanese,I thought that Tenshi was much better than the Bengali word for angels (can't spell it,coz I just call angels Tenshi in RL too....)..
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Danceria wrote:I have no idea what is going on, so I'll tag.

Here there be everything from demons to angels/good spirits, slogging it out over modern day wherever. However, it's gonna be hell in a handbasket for multicultural nations like the US. Scandinwhoovians bringing with it their Ragnarok, Percy Jackson fans creating a Titanomachy sequel, Voodu having a heyday, the massive earthquake that ends the Mayan calender, a Ghost Dance whips across the plains, the Mormons somehow are still doing door to door missions...

First part, pretty much correct.

Second part... the demons aren't actually "evil", nor the angels "good". They just represent diametrically opposed ideologies. They will be slogging it out in modern day, however. You're right about that. (Well, 2014, but that's still pretty modern.)

It is "hell in a handbasket" everywhere, multicultural or no. Doesn't take long for these entities to travel around, what with portals and everything. It does not take long to reach cosmic horror levels of screwed. Initially some multicultural areas may be better off, depending on what the apocalypse myths originated from there. (e.g. the US would be plagued by things like skinwalkers, and whatever the Mormons believed would happen after their civil war. And yeah, Voodouns would be making off like bandits.)

As for the last part... you can play a RL nation or a fictional nation, as long as the fictional nation is MT and doesn't depart too dramatically from RL politics and tech, and has a geographical place on Earth that we can all study. Bengal and Assam here is fine, from what I've seen; if you don't depart any further than they have, you should be fine to RP YN.

Bengal and Assam wrote:
1 Orinia 1 wrote:

It is a fact that Bengali actually descends from Sanskrit(though Bengali is a lot easier that this tongue twister),so do some of the other languages of the Indian subcontinent.

Tenshi is the Japanese word for angel.Since my country is predominantly Bengali-Japanese,I thought that Tenshi was much better than the Bengali word for angels (can't spell it,coz I just call angels Tenshi in RL too....)..

That makes sense.

And that's fine. :3

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat May 05, 2018 8:26 pm

1 Orinia 1 wrote:
Danceria wrote:I have no idea what is going on, so I'll tag.

Second part... the demons aren't actually "evil", nor the angels "good". They just represent diametrically opposed ideologies. They will be slogging it out in modern day, however. You're right about that. (Well, 2014, but that's still pretty modern.)

It is "hell in a handbasket" everywhere, multicultural or no. Doesn't take long for these entities to travel around, what with portals and everything. It does not take long to reach cosmic horror levels of screwed. Initially some multicultural areas may be better off, depending on what the apocalypse myths originated from there. (e.g. the US would be plagued by things like skinwalkers, and whatever the Mormons believed would happen after their civil war. And yeah, Voodouns would be making off like bandits.)

As for the last part... you can play a RL nation or a fictional nation, as long as the fictional nation is MT and doesn't depart too dramatically from RL politics and tech, and has a geographical place on Earth that we can all study. Bengal and Assam here is fine, from what I've seen; if you don't depart any further than they have, you should be fine to RP YN.

Bengal and Assam wrote:It is a fact that Bengali actually descends from Sanskrit(though Bengali is a lot easier that this tongue twister),so do some of the other languages of the Indian subcontinent.

That makes sense.

I say "good spirits" as not every culture has an idea of "angels". They could be Kami or Yakshas, nature spirits and what-have you. Speaking of, I'm not sure who to be...some sort of Voodun Hoodlum kingdom, causing a ruckus, a post-apocalyptic Mormon theocracy? Something else entirely? I'm going to be American simply because I know it the most.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Sat May 05, 2018 8:34 pm

Danceria wrote:
1 Orinia 1 wrote:

That makes sense.

I say "good spirits" as not every culture has an idea of "angels". They could be Kami or Yakshas, nature spirits and what-have you. Speaking of, I'm not sure who to be...some sort of Voodun Hoodlum kingdom, causing a ruckus, a post-apocalyptic Mormon theocracy? Something else entirely? I'm going to be American simply because I know it the most.

Are you gonna do a Ragnarock themed apocolypse????
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat May 05, 2018 8:38 pm

Bengal and Assam wrote:
Danceria wrote:I say "good spirits" as not every culture has an idea of "angels". They could be Kami or Yakshas, nature spirits and what-have you. Speaking of, I'm not sure who to be...some sort of Voodun Hoodlum kingdom, causing a ruckus, a post-apocalyptic Mormon theocracy? Something else entirely? I'm going to be American simply because I know it the most.

Are you gonna do a Ragnarock themed apocolypse????

Possibly, to appease my North/Western Germanic ancestors. But more of a "Ragnarok/Sutr burning up the world never seems to fucking stop", with Gods living and dying over and over again...or possibly having the small handful of Gods guide a shaken humanity to where they would make the world anew. Midwestern US is now Asgard, as prophecy foretold, beset by Christian/Islamic fundies/doompreppers, angry native Americans, Voodun pirates, Aztec Jaguar Warriors on motorbikes, and pesky Mormon telemarketers.

OR

Create a world rallied behind Conan the Barbarian to fight against the Eldritch Horrors.

OOH! BOTH! BOTH AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME!

In the Grim Dark World of the 2014th millennium, civilization will fall...but will a new one take place?
Obligatory Quotes below

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:47 pm

Danceria wrote:I say "good spirits" as not every culture has an idea of "angels". They could be Kami or Yakshas, nature spirits and what-have you. Speaking of, I'm not sure who to be...some sort of Voodun Hoodlum kingdom, causing a ruckus, a post-apocalyptic Mormon theocracy? Something else entirely? I'm going to be American simply because I know it the most.

True, true. All of which do exist in the DNM 'verse. It's a fantasy kitchen sink thanks to all myths being true within a crossover cosmology.

Before anyone asks how there can be multiple gods of the same thing... in DNM, "god" is a political title, and nothing more. Having said title doesn't even give you any special powers (though many gods are powerful, their powers don't come from their title, though they may have used said powers to gain said title) outside of a few political ones. (e.g. in the same way as a person can be a senator). As different gods represented these things to different areas and people throughout history... it makes sense for there to be a hundred sun gods out there. Some even represented different aspects of these things... (e.g. while most people thought of sun gods as good, the Mesopotamians had Nergal, a particularly nasty sun god, who represented the sun at mid-day specifically, in the middle of a desert, and hence was also considered a death god. Nobody really liked Nergal that much.) This does in fact mean that an ordinary human could be a god in DNM, in theory... and all that would mean is that their life is that much weirder.

I hope that helps.

Danceria wrote:
Bengal and Assam wrote:Are you gonna do a Ragnarock themed apocolypse????

Possibly, to appease my North/Western Germanic ancestors. But more of a "Ragnarok/Sutr burning up the world never seems to fucking stop", with Gods living and dying over and over again...or possibly having the small handful of Gods guide a shaken humanity to where they would make the world anew. Midwestern US is now Asgard, as prophecy foretold, beset by Christian/Islamic fundies/doompreppers, angry native Americans, Voodun pirates, Aztec Jaguar Warriors on motorbikes, and pesky Mormon telemarketers.

OR

Create a world rallied behind Conan the Barbarian to fight against the Eldritch Horrors.

In the Grim Dark World of the 2014th millennium, civilization will fall...but will a new one take place?

The eldritch horrors come for you. In fact... some are already here. They like manipulating history in their long games.

I'll give one example. In DNM, a demon named Nue manipulated the scientists who made the Tsar Bomba in order to ensure it would work... without anyone knowing they were there.

I won't say much more. Can't reveal everything.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat May 05, 2018 9:04 pm

1 Orinia 1 wrote:

True, true. All of which do exist in the DNM 'verse. It's a fantasy kitchen sink thanks to all myths being true within a crossover cosmology.

Before anyone asks how there can be multiple gods of the same thing... in DNM, "god" is a political title, and nothing more. Having said title doesn't even give you any special powers (though many gods are powerful, their powers don't come from their title, though they may have used said powers to gain said title) outside of a few political ones. (e.g. in the same way as a person can be a senator). As different gods represented these things to different areas and people throughout history... it makes sense for there to be a hundred sun gods out there. Some even represented different aspects of these things... (e.g. while most people thought of sun gods as good, the Mesopotamians had Nergal, a particularly nasty sun god, who represented the sun at mid-day specifically, in the middle of a desert, and hence was also considered a death god. Nobody really liked Nergal that much.) This does in fact mean that an ordinary human could be a god in DNM, in theory... and all that would mean is that their life is that much weirder.

I hope that helps.

Danceria wrote:Possibly, to appease my North/Western Germanic ancestors. But more of a "Ragnarok/Sutr burning up the world never seems to fucking stop", with Gods living and dying over and over again...or possibly having the small handful of Gods guide a shaken humanity to where they would make the world anew. Midwestern US is now Asgard, as prophecy foretold, beset by Christian/Islamic fundies/doompreppers, angry native Americans, Voodun pirates, Aztec Jaguar Warriors on motorbikes, and pesky Mormon telemarketers.

OR

The eldritch horrors come for you. In fact... some are already here. They like manipulating history in their long games.

I'll give one example. In DNM, a demon named Nue manipulated the scientists who made the Tsar Bomba in order to ensure it would work... without anyone knowing they were there.

It does help me.

It doesn't help that practically everything west of the Mississippi and east of the Rockies is going to be my fantasy kitchen sink. Think Shadowrun somehow had a kid with CK2: After the End, Anime, Classical Fairy-Tale Literature, various mythologies, and your mom. Now all the kids are fighting each other and Shadowrun is cackling madly in the background. That is the most concise situation I can describe the Hearthlands.

EDIT: This may be difficult, as Goodness requires a reason to be good, or at least be powered to it. Which is why the Hearthlands is a tense alliance of city-states with patron gods that work together for the common good on paper, but does it actually work? Expect much anti-nihilism, raging against the atmosphere, and D E T E R M I N A T I O N.
Last edited by Danceria on Sat May 05, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obligatory Quotes below

1 Orinia 1
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby 1 Orinia 1 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Danceria wrote:
1 Orinia 1 wrote:

I hope that helps.

It does help me.

It doesn't help that practically everything west of the Mississippi and east of the Rockies is going to be my fantasy kitchen sink. Think Shadowrun somehow had a kid with CK2: After the End, Anime, Classical Fairy-Tale Literature, various mythologies, and your mom. Now all the kids are fighting each other and Shadowrun is cackling madly in the background. That is the most concise situation I can describe the Hearthlands.

EDIT: This may be difficult, as Goodness requires a reason to be good, or at least be powered to it. Which is why the Hearthlands is a tense alliance of city-states with patron gods that work together for the common good on paper, but does it actually work? Expect much anti-nihilism, raging against the atmosphere, and D E T E R M I N A T I O N.

Right... and the DNM deities don't give a crap about worshipers unless it serves their agenda, as they don't need prayer badly. The gods only care about furthering their own agendas; most don't care about people anymore than modern day politicians do. They might feign caring about mortals if it serves them to. There will, of course, be mortals who buy into that... and that usually doesn't end well. When gods gambit against gods, and have no concept of MAD, nothing ends well.

What you said there describes the DNM 'verse fairly well, but you'd want to throw in a helping of SMT, blend with some classic apocalyptic literature such as the Road, add the complete works of a mister Howard Philips Lovecraft, throw in the DMC anime for good measure, and a dash of Black Lagoon. Serve wrapped in a conspiracy that is itself wrapped in an enigma. Which I guess is why Shadowrun would be cackling madly in the background. Never deal with a dragon, after all.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents