NATION

PASSWORD

In Case of Emergency... IV! (Open, Read First Post!)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Intersteller Terra
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Intersteller Terra » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:42 am

Sol System (Fractal)
17:45 Shipboard time
12 July Standard Sol Date
Year 2107
Low Jupiter Orbit

The twisted metal slowly moved passed the cockpit window of the little salvage pod, the external mechanical arms tucked in barely visible from the single occupant sitting in the control seat. All around Mira lights blinked letting her know the status of her small little salvage craft as it skittered and moved around the debris like a fly hovering around something sweet. She listened to the heart of her small craft hearing the muffled sounds of the reaction jets constantly going off as he made minute adjustments to her course to make sure she didn't plow into the twisted mass of metal that was slowly sinking down the gravity well into the maelstrom that was Jupiter's atmosphere.

She looked to the monitor to her left it showed read outs of the wreckage, it showed a computer rendered image of the wreckage with small white dots moving around it. She wasn't the only scuttling around the wreckage picking it over and inspecting it for clues to where ever it came from.

In another monitor was an image of the ship they had arrived on, The Abecromby was an water hauler originally big and blocky it had been bought by Syngen Industrial and converted into a salvage vessel. Its massive holds that once housed huge hunks of ice to be broken down into water for the massive water tanks that would ensure life on the outer rim worlds had been converted into separate disassemblers that would break down salvage into useable components with resell value and then pass on anything else to be melted down into base metals. Its original water tanks had been removed in the refit replaced by larger engines and radiators making it far larger towards the stern of the ship that it originally had been. It sat 100 thousand clicks out in a synchronous orbit at full zoom from the salvage pods camera it looked like the whale of a ship could fit nicely in the palm of her hand.

The Abecromby had been diverted from its course to Ganymede's orbital docks by Jupiter's Orbital Warden Control to inspect some wreckage that had pinged their orbital sensors a few day ago. They had been the closest vessel with the next being roughly a week at a hard burn. No one was quite sure where the wreckage had come from which had rumours swirling almost instantly around the Abrecromby. People guessing as to what had pinged Jupiters sensors. Miras favourite rumour had been that the wreckage was from a secret Chinese Union Spy vessel that the Euro Pact navy had slagged and both sides were keeping tight lipped to avoid another conflict over the Jovian worlds.

All the rumours ceased when the Abecromby got within visual range of the object, it was a twisted mass of metal and over materials unrecognisable from anything that had been seen in Sol Space. As they had gotten closer they started detecting the faint signals, echoes of something within the wreckage. Which was why Mira and her team of scavvers were crawling over the twisted lump of metal searching and inspecting before the wreck fell into the gravity well to be crushed by Jupiters tremendous gravity.

A crackle filtered through her comset before clearing, her communication systems compensating for the radiation emitted by the super jovian.

“Hey Mira take a look at sector three I'm getting some weird readings from there seems like there is something underneath the metal.”

“Roger, but if your sending me on another goose chase you owe me a drink, and not the swill they serve in the rec room.” Mira replied switching her gaze from the twisted mass of metal to a monitor above her flicking several switches on it pulling up the feed from the Abecromby she wasn't too far away, with a twist of her control stick she adjusted her course slowly moving across the wreckage, to her left 100 meters away another salvage pod, by the markings on it, it was Dallian’s was digging through some of the wreckage.

She brought herself to a stop over the point Rick had indicated to her from his Sensor console aboard the Abecromby. Frowning she flicked her instruments she isn't picking anything up. She was about to claim her drink when something caught her eye, underneath the twisted mesh there was a faint glow, if she hadn't been so close to the surface she may have missed it.

“Rick… I think you may have actually found something maybe you don't owe me that drink after all.”

“Really?.. I er mean I did say there was something there, what do you see?” Rick replied sounding both surprised and impressed with himself at the same time.

“I'm not sure yet switching on my live feed i'm going to have to do a bit of digging to get to it there is something a few meters below the surface.” Mira spoke as he flipped another switch and pressed a few buttons on her coms console, instantly flood lights lit up from the front her craft and the comms console blinked green as Rick accepted the open stream from her vessels cameras.

Setting the craft into a holding pattern she began pushing the four mechanical servo arms of the salvage shuttle forward pushing into the wreckage cutting and pulling wreckage out of the way to get at what ever was emitting the faint purplish glow. It took her a few minutes to get through the exterior, the twisted metals were so tangled that it was a slow slog to get through, using her cutting arm in some places was the only option.

She heard Rick gasp in her ear as she pulled back the last of the wreckage to reveal the 4 objects. Then another voice came over the coms, sterner and more practiced than Ricks.

“Engineer Ripley are you seeing what we are seeing?” Captain Gates asked taking over from Rick. Mira almost jumped not expecting the captain or the bridge crew to be looking in on her coms.

“Er… well if your seeing four purple objects then yes sir” Mira Replied getting a little closer, “Although my shuttles sensors aren't really registering them. They seem to be giving off something but my shuttles sensors can't make heads or tails of them.”

“Get as much footage as you can, i’ll pass this back to head off see what they say prep to bring them aboard Hangar bay 12 understood?” Gates replied back.

“Yes Sir” Mira said instinctively.

She spent another 30 minutes getting as much footage from the angles possible, by the word had come back from Ganymede who had relayed the message back to earth that the Abecromby was to bring the objects abroad and return to Ganymede where the objects could be studied further. Mira gently picked two of the four objects with her shuttles grasping arms, she pulled one close to her cockpits window staring at it for a moment trying to study it herself. She had never seen anything like it before in her life, there was something a little mesmerising about it. She saw the shadow of Dallians salvage pod before he arrived, she backed her shuttle away from the hole she had made and turned her craft around plotting a course back to the Abecromby. Leaning back still looking at the objects in both of her ships grasping arms it would take her roughly 15 minutes to get back to the ship there was nothing to do but sit and look at whatever these things were.

Sunset
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Gudmund...

If there was a single worrying point to the investigation team's report it was that there was both an abundance of information about the intruders and a distinct lack of useful information about the intruders. Data there was aplenty; The majority of the debris didn't appear to be much of anything. No systems, no hull fragments, just dozens of broken and splintered tubular segments that could be compared to conduits of some type. Detailed analysis of these had begun, but for the moment their general shape and form was all that was available. Of considerably more interest were the two purple capsules that had been found drifting in the midst of the wreckage.

Unlike the debris, which had already cooled to near the mean temperature of the nearby vacuum, both identical capsules were maintaining a steady thermal signature as well as the same spacial orientation and even the same distance from each other. Each was just over two meters from oval tip to oval tail and both seemed to be filled with a slightly-different-shade of purple liquid that swirled and moved of its own volition, though no distinct shapes could be discerned through the outer shell. Various methods of analysis had revealed what they were made from, in a general fashion, but with the possibility that they were ships, or creatures, or something else the decision had been made to wait for official guidance before more intrusive testing was undertaken...

Let's see how far we can catch up in the next few days...

----

Sterkistan
Macisikan
New Dornalia
Piethrixia
Qith
Shwe Tu Colony
New Dornalia
Intersteller Terra
My Colors are Blue and Yellow

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Sterkistan...

It could not; That much was perfectly clear. It was also clear that the Kangaroo was talking, though what it was saying was still a (partial) mystery. As far as the speech detection algorithm was concerned, listening to the creature talk was the equivalent of listening to someone at the drive-up window at a Kentucky Fried Panda - there was information being exchanged but without a larger sample size and without a larger sense of context...

Well, it was certainly language. There was repetition and variation in tone and pitch and it was directed at the food that was presented but there were perhaps four or five words, each repeated as the Kangaroo partook or shied away from a particular offering. It was definitely a vegetarian; It shied away from anything remotely like animal protein, even Soy-based amalgamations, and the sticks...

The sticks provided a good indication that it was sapient. One by one, it used its triple-'fingered' trunk to lay these aside and when there was a moment when it was not eating it began to craft one into a crude brush that it began to run through its short fur, working out tangles and straightening things until it by ends looked much more presentable. This grooming process had roughly ended by the time Hisheldinia had arrived and the sapient put aside its grooming stick and looked at the new arrivals with clear interest.

There was more than that; The shadowy mass showed clear interest as well, its tentacled body quivering in anticipation as it extended its illusionary senses towards the Kangaroo and almost immediately recoiled, but not in shock or terror but in what would be called babbling excitement, though its 'words' were still impressions and emotions. The chase, the hunt; But this was not the predator. This was instead the prey and it had been driven from its home now twice.

Once by predator and the other by happenstance; The purple capsule.

----

Well, that was one way to do it. Whether it was the right way...

The bolt of lightning hit the capsule square on, just as had been intended, but what happened next certainly wasn't. The entire process of opening played itself out in fast forward; A hand appeared, lines flowed this way and that, a hatch opened, and a... something... was force-ably ejected from the capsule to land in an unconscious heap to one side. Barely had anyone had the time to glance in its direction when an enormous, shadowy hand reached out of the depths of the pod, a great muscular black arm trailing behind, and grabbed the ElectroMaster bodily.

A voice spoke, echoing deeply through the bay in a tone as black as the shadow that seemed to contain most of its substance, "You're interesting - let me take a closer look at you!"

Not more than a few meters away the pod began to rise into the air, the black arm following and drawing Kallum closer and closer to the dark hatch...

OOC: Next Up
----
Macisikan
New Dornalia
Piethrixia
Qith
Shwe Tu Colony
New Dornalia
Intersteller Terra
----

Semparia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Semparia » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:20 pm

Sempari City

9:45 AM

Two capsules slam into a apartment complex, accompanied by debri. The area is quickly evacuated by police and firefighters, and EMS tending to the wounded. Practically the entirety of the police department is called for fear that this might be a terrorist attack, but upon moving in, they realize it is something entirely different. The affected area of the apartment building is locked down by spec ops forces, with everyone else returning home and those who lost their apartments getting temporary lodgings. The capsules are not touched until the Queen herself arrives
It has literally been 2 years since I last played this game. Hopefully now I RP better.

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:18 pm

Macisikan...

RDF-Gethsemane, S 45 68-03 System, Sengrin Customs Centre...

'...he did say 'kind regards.'

Though there wasn't a hint of kindness in the faces of the Macisikani porters and stewards as they went about the business of transferring the Eiryuj's possessions to the starship, followed by Aosh itself. In fact they were all business - quickly and efficiently relaying technical details, system requirements, and other miscellania that Gethsemane's engineering detail would need to keep both functioning until the Eiryuj was transferred to the ship that would take it to its next way-point.

That left Ambassador Love standing alone as the last returned, disappearing from where they'd come. Every one of them had been greeted and directed in the same business-like manner with just a bare hint of a pleasant smile; Happy person, not happy to meet you. With any luck she'd have a moment there at the end to interact with her Realm opposite and, by every indication passed to her by the Dornies, be shot down like an awkward attempt at a high school date. The only question was whether she'd press through and ask again, or if she'd just thank them for their time and turn her back and return to the ship...

OOC: Next Up
----
New Dornalia
Piethrixia
Qith
Shwe Tu Colony
New Dornalia
Intersteller Terra
Semparia
----
Last edited by Sunset on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Macisikan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Macisikan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:01 am

S 45 68-03 System, Sengrin Customs Centre.

The kind regards were not intended for Ambassador Love, but for the Dornalian. Nevertheless, she wasn’t about to get the cold shoulder.

“Your Excellency?” the speaker was a synth. Or possibly a droid. “This way, please.”

The Ambassador, and anyone she had accompanying her, was led to a room; someone had done some homework. Much like the ad hoc conference with the Dornies, a meeting room had been repurposed; the flag of the Republic was furled around a flagpole in one corner, while the flag of the Realm was in the other. A table in the middle with two chairs facing each other; a nameplate for the Ambassador, and one for the person standing on the other side of said table. Two others, clad in what would be formal attire for this isolated nation.

“Ambassador Demi Love?” the humanoid male asked. “I am Special Envoy Maxim, dispatched by the External Affairs Council. Please, be seated,” a gloved hand gestured to the chair, and there was a brief flash of white teeth.

Again; happy person, not happy to meet you.

“So, you wished to speak with us,” his eyes, blood-red sclera set in a jet-black face, surveyed her. “A mutual exchange of Ambassadors, mutual non-aggression pacts, and an agreement regarding the free travel of our citizens. Yes?”

His mouth almost bit the last word in half.
Last edited by Macisikan on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please address your messages/threats/lies to:
The current cycle is: ʧ19021

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset
“You are not destroying the universe for science.” -Menelmacar
“CanSpamMac is an outlier and should not be counted” -Arkasia

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:41 pm

New Dornalia...

"Interfere with? No..." He waved a hand, dismissing her concerns as simply as though they were a fly on the shoulder of his pressed linen suit. "More likely they amplified events in some manner. You see - and this is a trade secret, so I'm taking you in the strictest confidence - my 'formula' is not as much a precise mixture of certain chemical elements as one might expect of some common medication to treat some equally common disease as it is a carefully engineered retro-viral carrier. There's more to it than that," and here a note of mystery and even danger entered his tone before fading in the next sentence, "But suffice to say that the normal process should take a reasonable amount of time as the viral load makes its way through the body and adds its payload to the individual's genetic information."

After a moment of pause he smiled, "So yes, you are you - you are just a little more you than you were previously. There is precedent of course; Similar techniques were used to obliterate many inherited conditions early in this same century. But here we are," and he drew her attention back to the formerly freeze-dried rat.

As whatever healing energies she channeled into it flowed through the tiny form, it began to shudder and twist, its body rippling with change that washed out from the injection site in visible waves with the instruments surrounding it following every move.

"Interesting... Interesting!" His voice rose as he watched the rodent with one eye and a large monitor with the other. "It is just as I suspected; Your healing ability has increased cellular activity in the subject by... Well, there are a lot of 'zeros' involved. What would normally take months now takes minutes; Change on an extraordinary level! But in this case..."

Pushing the monitor to one side, he bent to put his nose not far at all from the cage where the rat stood quivering and, with a careful and considered hand, flicked the mesh metal hatch open. "She'll need the room," he murmured, his voice strangely calm.

His near-silent pronouncement rapidly came to pass; Short legs that barely held the creature above the grid began to lengthen and push away both front and back. As soon as they had grown to seemingly proper proportion, the whole began to grow again, twisting and arcing as a back bowed began to straighten and stand. Within moments it was standing on two feet, clawed hands grasping at the square of the hatch as these too shifted and grew complex. The cone-shaped muzzle turned downward to rest just above the chest and two brisk mounds grew round under the fur.

"You see, this particular sample of my formula was recovered from my manor on Anuke, before it was removed;" He said this with an uncertainty uncommon for the man, "To parts unknown. I have long suspected it was infected - altered - by a fantastically advanced machine I myself discovered buried under the surface of that same planet, but here we have confirmation!"

By the time his words finished in triumph, the rat had seemingly finished its transformation. Whereas Jolene had acquired youth and beauty - at least to the subjective standards of a rather specific eccentric scientist - the rat had become nearly human, though in a diminutive form. One foot was now trapped in the cage and this said as much as was needed about its new scale. Blinking in the bright lights, it covered its eyes with one hand while the instruments and probes whirled around it...

----
Piethrixia
Qith
Shwe Tu Colony
New Dornalia
Intersteller Terra
Semparia
Macisikan

Mokastana
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Mokastana » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:50 am

FEM Oxomo

It had been awhile, with crews rotating every few months and experiments continuing on. Most of the alien materials of a metallic or inorganic nature, namely the crash debris, had been shipped back to earth for study. Those parts that seemed useful would be converted to military use. Larger pieces as armor, while broken pieces were converted to bullets and shells for armor piercing ability beyond anything Earth had made so far.

Back on the Oxomo, in a corner a man wore an explosive collar in a sealed environment, testing long term exposure to all the alien “biological” material. A convicted murderer, he had been sentenced to ‘Forfeiture of Body’ one year ago and had now been living in secured isolation for three months. However, this was not the focus of study for today. Instead it was a test using another Black Project: The Delta Project.

Deltas were the results of decades of psychic research. Raised from children, many had demonstrated some sort of supernatural gift. Most had basic telepathy, while others had full telekinetic powers. Being able to manipulate the universe on a plane not understood by modern science, the Deltas were the most closely guarded secret of Mokastana. Research had continued on despite civil wars, coups and other troubles in the nation's history. For the last 30 years, Mokastana had stabilized, and with that, research exploded into new results. Now, they would test if this psychic phenomenon was unique to humanity, or if it was something known across the stars.

Senior Special Agent Miguel Marquez floated up to the “egg,” watching it rest peacefully in its containment. He knew nothing of what would happen next. Neither did Delta command, who worried if the alien infected Miguel with a mind virus, it could easily spread and destroy the other Deltas, who were all interconnected due to their shared childhoods. Command compared it to installing an unmarked harddrive to a secure computer network without anti virus, and hoping for the best. The Bureau agreed, but stated that anti virus in this case doesn't exist, and we needed to know what was on that drive. What use were psychics if they couldn't be used for intelligence gathering? They needed to know what was in that egg, what threats it presented.

Miguel breathed deeply and opened his mind, reaching out to the egg, trying to probe for a mind like he had learned as a child. He knew human signatures well, but God only knew what he would find inside this alien specimen.
Factbook
Montana Inc

Quotes about Mokastana:
Trust the Mokans to be armed even when among their allies
-Zaheran

The fact that the Mokans hadn't faced the same fate was a testament to their preparedness, or perhaps paranoia
-United Gordonopia

Moka you are a land of pimps, prostitutes, drug lords, and corruption.
We love you for it.
-The Scandinvans

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Piethrixia...

It did not take those on the command deck long to realize the terrible truth; Whatever it was that was peering back at them from the cold depths of space was not alone. In fact the armored eye and its accompanying tendrils was just the tip of an enormous stalk that extended back to a coagulated writhing mass. Out of this Gordian knot of serpentine coils shot a half-dozen more, each billowing with rage as they plowed over and through the variegated mass of the ship.

There was a shake and a shudder and a crunch as walls began to collapse around them. Men were thrown from their feet only to stumble upright again and clutch to whatever they could for support. Tendrils wrapped to either side of the great window and with disbelief they realized that the thing had extended itself through the ship and its armor to wrap around the compartmentalized command deck. With one final heave they were loose, held in the grasp of the monster before it took them as gently as a toddler playing with a ball and flung the whole away.

"Give... Me... My... Child!"

With each rage-screamed word another great slab of the armored hull was torn free or another compartment pierced through. Like a dog ferreting through the weeds for a rat, it continued to rampage until something caught its eye...

Next Up:
----
Qith
Shwe Tu Colony
New Dornalia
Intersteller Terra
Semparia
Macisikan
Mokastana
----

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:13 pm

Qith...

It did not seem whatever force had scattered the strange purple pods across the galaxy cared much for their contents; As soon as Nuniq touched the pod the events of the past played out as scripted - A shadowy hand print (and definitely not like her own) remained where her tentacle had touched the glass-smooth exterior and then this was replaced by itself but with a brilliant orange glow that managed to light the dim space all on its own. On another side of the pod not facing her a thin line of the same yellow-orange traced its way along the surface until it formed a rectangle. Inside the capsule the swirling purple mass of the interior writhed away into an infinity number of invisible holes while the shell - for it was now a shell - bled away as though it was a candy melting rapidly under the tongue.

Which left the pod without a door and whatever was inside defenseless under the sudden onrush of water. Perhaps then it was fortunate that the unfortunate contained within was similar to the Qith in at least its ability to withstand a life aquatic. A lean gray torso and a face that somehow looked put-upon though its wearer was still mostly asleep was flung around the inside of the pod as the vortex rushed in. Behind it swirled tentacles - how many was still uncertain - but the owner either didn't possess a bone in his body or they had all been broken by the onrushing tide. Either way, a moment later two yellow eyes began to open...

Next Up:
----
Shwe Tu Colony
Intersteller Terra
Semparia
Macisikan
Mokastana
----

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Shwe Tu Colony...

Through all the arrivals and commotion the Brynnes - for there were two of them and thus the plural was correct if confusing - sat as far away from each other as they could, tiny filaments of purple lighting occasionally crawling back and forth over the couches and cushions like tiny lightning spiders. Perhaps without realizing it first one and then the other would take a slow bite of toast, chewing equally slow, while their two sets of smaller hands brushed away the occasional crumb. it was only when the third and hopefully final Psytrine had arrived and leaned in far too close that their rhythm broke.

While one - possibly the first, though with all the hustle and bustle about there was some question of which was now which - sat on her own couch staring the other - who had moved to the table where her objective had been the cooked rice - sat well back in her chair. The feet were nearly off the floor even as they pushed the front legs into the air and her eyes as wide as saucers. Holding her fork up as though it was an ancient talisman of protection, she moved it quickly across her body while muttering scared words under her breath. Whether it was religious rite or spell cast in haste, the results were the same...

"Madris vergo infami tocato..."

...and the strange man with too many arms was picked up by an otherwise invisible hand and thrown across the room. In an instant Brynne's eyes seemed to occupy her entire face and the fur-covered woman dropped to her knees, diving under the table to cower there with her arms over her head and the second pair covering her eyes.

"Madris vergo infami tocato..."

Next Up:
----
Intersteller Terra
Semparia
Macisikan
Mokastana

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:38 pm

Intersteller Terra...

To put it crudely; It looked like something someone might put up the wrong end of a horse. Both objects were identical - a purple oval just a little over two meters long and between a half and a full in the middle (call it three-quarters) that seemed to contain some kind of swirling fluid that slithered and moved of its own accord. There weren't any hatches, latches, or levers and there certainly weren't any buttons or other obvious controls. What there was was a weird resistance to movement - not enough to wrest the thing out of the jaws of her manipulator - that put just a little bit of tension on the hydraulics as she moved it and her 'pod here and there. The best way to think of it was a gyroscope of some kind but that couldn't be it; It was like the thing wanted to maintain a perfect north-south alignment with the system plain rather than continue along a specific angular progression. Or maybe it did...

The galaxy was one big disk after all.

Whatever the problem, it wasn't enough to stop her and her fellow from returning all four objects safely to their craft.

Next Up:
----
Semparia
Macisikan
Mokastana
Last edited by Sunset on Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:56 am

Sterkian Intergalactic Fleet: 08th Armada, Longevity's Bell
Outer Territory; 0.4 Lightyears from Lagr

The Researcher turned away from the console, shrugging at Hisheldinia as she arrived, they needed her to translate for them. Connecting minds was usually easier than sifting through language databases for countless hours. He handed her a small container as she entered, full of small blocks of assorted colours.
They opened the door to allow her in, paying little mind to the creature she had befriended. Before it slid shut again.

She approached the 'Kangaroo' as it ate, coming around the side of the Medical Officer feeding it.
Hisheldinia outstretched her hand towards it slowly, with her palm facing upwards and her hand open, with a small, pink square sitting neatly on her palm. The next step was to determine whether the 'Kangaroo' could ingest natural sugars from various plants, which were made into these sweets. Hisheldinia loved the pink ones, so decided to start with those.

She had to have the Kangaroo open up to her naturally for the best chance of success. And if it liked

Kallum was swept up by the massive hand, it's whole form shimmering like it was constructed of solid shadows.
The crew who weren't armed turned tail, getting clear and heading for the alarm. While those with guns levelled them on the massive arm, holding fire to avoid hitting the Electromaster.
Kallum was taken aback for a moment, as the pace of it all surprised him, threw off his train of thought.
He collected his thoughts as he gripped his hands into the arm that held him aloft. Sending a colossal electric strike through him.

The lights in the ship flashed red as the alarms blared. The MP's ran out toward the hangar bay and armed themselves, while on the other side of the Hangar, at least 3 Battlesuits were manned and heading toward the scene.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:32 pm

Fort Amber, CBRN Threat Compound

Through all the testing done, they learned more about Kaul'i through herself than through the machines, though her particularly straight-forward attitude did catch some of the more sheltered lab assistants off-guard. Sadly, the scanner would not be relinquished under terms of "self-indulging activites", as the assistant put it. And no one was about ready to take a circular saw to the rock-formation of a woman just for a tiny sample. Poor Vir was snoozing away and the scientists weren't sure what to do with him, so they decided to go with the obvious.

"Would you like something to eat?" One of the researchers asked, trying to appeal to basic functions of living organisms. After all, everyone got hungry somehow, right?

Kaul'i proved to be much more forthcoming in her endeavors. The tales she told, and the fact that she was telling them both fascinated and baffled them. All in all, it was quite the story. A sentient asteroid taught English by a former Special Air Service man? One of the researchers wondered something and popped another question.

"You mentioned Bosun, a former SAS man, taught you English. How close were you to this Special Air Service commando? We would also like to know more about the grey men who took him from the Red Sea if you know anything about it."

Little grey men? It was like straight out of early science fiction, but nothing could be left to be overlooked now. Mariah popped in for a few minutes to oversee Vir's cell before going over to Kaul'i's, which proved to be far more interesting.

Fort Amber Command Center

"You have to listen to me." Allison pleaded.

"I'm afraid that is out of the question." The base commander replied, a very staunch looking man with a bald head and steely gray eyes.

"This isn't like anything we've seen before."

"And that's precisely why I'm bringing the State Security Agency here to deal with it."

"Sir, with respect, State Security won't care until they've pulled those two apart."

"It'll take some time but the request is going to be put through."

"But those are people!"

"That's enough, Staff Sergeant. You're dismissed."

Allison fought the urge to sigh and gave the man a salute before turning and walking out of the office. Well, that was that then. She had to do something though, and it was starting to look rather treasonous. Unless...Allison made her way back to the CBRN Threat Compound and went to see where they kept the capsules. Katka was assisting the researchers by lowering a small scanning device into one of the capsules to get readings on the inside of it to see if they could find out how their two guests had got here.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:00 pm

Semparia...

Patience is not something normally associated with inanimate objects; Instead it is one of their fundamental properties. Nestled among the wreckage where they had come down the capsules waited patiently, thus betraying something of their substance. As long as no one touched them they were quite content to wait, their variegated purple contents slowly swirling as if they had a mind and a function of their own. There was something else odd, at least to the careful observer; Despite their fiery passage through the atmosphere and timber-snapping impact with the apartment complex, each was now standing perfectly upright and arranged in a perfect circle as if someone or something had intended it so...

Next Up:
----
Macisikan
Mokastana
Sterkistan
Monfrox

Semparia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Semparia » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:37 pm

Sunset wrote:Semparia...

Patience is not something normally associated with inanimate objects; Instead it is one of their fundamental properties. Nestled among the wreckage where they had come down the capsules waited patiently, thus betraying something of their substance. As long as no one touched them they were quite content to wait, their variegated purple contents slowly swirling as if they had a mind and a function of their own. There was something else odd, at least to the careful observer; Despite their fiery passage through the atmosphere and timber-snapping impact with the apartment complex, each was now standing perfectly upright and arranged in a perfect circle as if someone or something had intended it so...

Next Up:
----
Macisikan
Mokastana
Sterkistan
Monfrox

Four men equipped with hazmat suits, carrying assault rifles slowly approach it. One of them says, "What the hell do you think it is?" Another responds with, "Whatever is in there, get ready to light it up at the sign of trouble." Researches stand in the background, carefully noting any little thing that happens. One of the soldiers crouches down, lightly tapping one of the capsules, and, assuming nothing happens, slowly and carefully opened it
It has literally been 2 years since I last played this game. Hopefully now I RP better.

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Macisikan...

Demi was ready for this - steeled as it were for the rejection. In fact she was more than ready; Her advisors in the Colonial Republic had explicitly told her that rejection was to be expected and she too had noted that there was nothing that said she couldn't immediately re-apply. Instead of spending her time aboard Gethsemani looking out the window fretting uselessly, she'd put virtual pen to paper and re-written the entire application from scratch, including new details here and there and making sure it was her work in her hand.

There was nothing wrong with the work of the Envoy and Ambassador of course, but...

"That's correct," she answered, taking the offered seat and sliding the chair into neat alignment with the table. Placing the data card in her hand on the closest corner of the table with a careful click, she continued, "And the Republic's gratitude for the return of Lieutenant Falk. Her family is extremely grateful. If I might ask, what is the status of the application forwarded to your government by our friends in the Colonial Republic of New Dornalia?"

Next Up:
----
Mokastana
Sterkistan
Monfrox

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:43 pm

S 45 68-03 System, Sengrin Customs Sentre
RK3393

Maxim gave Demi an unblinking stare – he’d held it since she started talking, golden irises on red sclera. Then they tracked off to the side for a moment, before focusing back on her.

“Your application has been considered by the External Affairs Council,” he said; as he went on, it became clear that his biting down on words at the end of sentences was simply how he spoke. “They have resolved as follows; to grant your request for an exchange of ambassadors; to grant your request for mutual non-aggression pacts; to deny your request for an agreement regarding freedom of movement. It is and remains the position of His Serene Majesty’s Government that we will decide who enters our nation and the manner in which they arrive. This resolution has been endorsed unanimously, in the Conurbation of Saragova, in this, the three-thousand-three-hundred-and-ninety-third year of the Red King. An Ambassador will be named by the Court of Light, to proceed to the Republic to present letters of credence and a depository copy of the non-aggression pact within the next fourteen standard days, assuming you do not have material alterations to either document,” he studied her a moment longer, then offered a brilliant smile showing some distinctly carnivorous dental work.

“Do you have material alterations to make to either document?”
Last edited by Macisikan on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

--FT Nations: Melik, the Lord, Ardri Trivkaal, HM Vice-Minister for External Affairs
--Everyone else: Melik, the Lord, Conradin Nuchani, HM Vice-Minister for Foreign Engagement

Quick Overview | Full Factbook | Embassy Programme | Maintenance thread | NS World-Building Discord | The demonym is "Macisikani."
“You have taken my cute idea … and turned it into something cold and cruel.” –Solont
“Terrible experiments. Unethical behaviour. Have I introduced you to my friend Macisikan? He’s something of an expert.” –Sunset

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Mokastana...

An interesting tack; And one that yielded interesting results! Those results were not so easily achieved, however. Nearly an hour passed while the sensitive opened his mind to whatever might be inside, stilling his thoughts, his breath, even his heartbeat to the point where he could feel his own psyche losing its gradual link with his body. There was something alive inside the clear purple shell - he felt it just brushing his own mind though he would not say it was seeking him out. Whatever was inside the capsule was 'dead', as those Gifted reckoned, but it was definitely alive.

Asleep.

That was the best word for it, though a sleep not of dreaming or waking but of chemicals and additives. Whatever was inside had taken the collective chords of conscious thought and slowed them to a near imperceptible drum beat. Was it even aware that time passed beyond the walls of its containment? Another hour passed and he was as certain as plausible; There was something alive in there but it was not human, nor was it hostile, happy, or sad. It simply was, as though it was a light bulb without a string.

Next Up:
----
Sterkistan
Monfrox
Semparia
Macisikan...

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ella2 6 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:40 am

Elliannia Rules the Void II

Deep Space, The Ellian Sector
ESS Trigger Bullpup
The Bridge, The Command Deck
Captain Summer Ray Emmash

Popular culture had a habit of romanticising the nature of space warfare, even in the space age. The image of the humble marine was no exception to this rule. All too often, these men of law and order are portrayed as super soldiers capable of holding their own against entire armies. Clad in shining alloys and dull fibres with thruster packs protruding from their backs and torches scaling their shoulders. Ranks of men - and on occasional women - bristling rifles of every calibre high above them, lining the sides of the UAR's proudest warships. Boarding. Counterboarding. Boarding again. Lighting up darkened corridors with intense bursts of blue fire while mighty torches cut through the pervading gloom like scythes.

The reality was much different. Like all clones, these enforcers of law and keepers of order spent the first ten years of their accelerated lives on the sprawling underground facilities of Dell. Their daily meals consisted of standard rations: Vat-grown protein blocks and shasama bread. Their training regimes a series of gruelling trials, emphasising discipline, cooperation and obedience above all else, in an attempt to mould their genetically enhanced minds and bodies into the perfect fighting machines. All in preparation for... What amounted to little more than glorified border security. All in all, the clone marine's life was simple after training.

Except when it was not. And this was an instance of the extraordinary.

As the Observer had pointed out, these mysterious pods bore signs of life - or at the very least the elements of it. Signs of organic material typically did not show up with debris unless the former structure was once manned. And of course, that begged the question: Where was the crew now? Perhaps the unfortunate souls were lost to the void as the fabrication departed from the plane to arrive in theirs, but that made little sense as all known models of faster-than-light devices which also transported surrounding objects would have brought the remains of the starsailors too.

Summer had a hunch that she knew where the former crew were, and the properties of the strange magenta containers seemed consistent with her theory. There was, of course, the distinct possibility that the entire thing was a fluke, given the abundance of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen in and around the solar neighbourhood. But after considering the abnormal temperatures and flawless geometry of the three capsules, it was astronomically unlikely for such to be the case.

And so, there was only one thing left to do.

"Equipment check!" Pronto ordered. The decade of marines behind and beside him systematically went through all of their gear, ensuring that every last item was securely fastened either to themselves or the tether that ran between them and the vessel's remote-controlled reels. Knives, torches, batteries, rebreathers, oxygen tanks, thruster packs, computers, devices, flares, markers, radios, beacons, emergency sealant, plasteel nets, graphene cables, rifles and ammunition for good measure. The clone commander inspected the air seal on his helmet one last time as his section reported in. "Pronto to Trigger Bullpup. Manica, do you copy? We have all units go. Over."

"I got you, Pronto ol' boy. Prepare for decompression in five... four... three..."

"Grab a hold of something, gents," Pronto called lightheartedly, "It's about to get a little breezy in here." As if on cue, the air vents hissed as they dragged air away from the compartment, quickly draining away as much air as possible before sealing. The now depressurised airlock slowly opened up, allowing the marines to exit the craft. They took their time to locate their target and orient themselves before pushing off the Trigger Bullpup's armoured plating, drifting steadily towards the capsules in question.

While the marines were busy retrieving the strange pods, Summer was occupied with finding a suitable place to put them once they had been recovered. For a larger vessel, this would have been a simple exercise in sectioning off part of the hold or a similar room and placing the pods in quarantine - at least until the scientists could have a good look at it up close and determine their nature. However, the Trigger Bullpup was capable of no such endeavour.

As a Rosie class light cruiser, the Trigger Bullpup was the smallest and lightest of all rated Ellian starships. A sparsely armoured hull built around an Ellian warp drive - the long, cylindrical device that ran down the entirety of the length of the vessel - with a bridge stuck on to the outer hull almost as an afterthought, the Rosie class only contained the bare necessities to function as a picket ship. All unnecessary departments were ruthlessly cut while those that remained were amalgamated as much as possible in the interest of reducing the necessary crew. It should, therefore, come as no surprise then that the Trigger Bullpup lacked a science department and there was precious little space to accommodate a pod, let alone all three of them.

"I cannot guarantee that these objects can survive the air pressure within the ship," one of the engineers was saying, "While their structure appears to be designed in such a manner to handle pressure exerted from any direction, given that their constituent materials are not known to us I cannot venture to guess that it's a certainty."

"If they are life pods then it would make sense to assume they can survive in extreme environments - atmospheric reentry bare minimum," Summer suggested, "Some planets have atmospheric pressures much higher than ours."

"Yeah, but we don't even have escape pods on our ship," Trey observed in between sips of his third cup of coffee, "So it might not be fair to assume that they are escape pods, or that they're anything like what we imagine them to be."

"A fair point," the brunette agreed, "But there's not much else they could be."

"If they are life pods," the coffee-addled clone continued to muse, "Maybe they'll open up when the external environment is deemed safe. If we drag them back, maybe they'll open up and then we can talk to its occupants - if any exists - and the problem will solve itself."

"Wishful thinking," the rest of the bridge crew chorused.

The chief observer shrugged. "We've got three tries. Worth a shot."

"You need to get some sleep, Trey." As if on cue, the starboard blast door opened to reveal a small host of clones. Their shoulder insignias marked them as junior officers and non-commissioned officers while their expressions revealed them to be fresh men, rested and well-spirited, ready to take over the next shift. "It's about time," the Lieutenant yawned, rising from his chair and stretching his limbs, "Come in gentlemen, we've got something an interesting going on."

"Interesting... You say?" The other clone of equivalent rank asked uncertainly, sweeping his gaze over the workstation before settling down in the chair next to his brethren, "What type of interesting are we talking about?"

"Interesting enough to get the marines deployed. Anyhow, laters."

"M- Ma'am?" Summer woke with a start and glanced up quickly see to her lieutenant, hovering uncertainly by her chair. It took a while to realise that she had nodded off in her chair. Traditionally, an Ellian captain always had two lieutenant captains to help them manage their shift rotations. However, in the pursuit of minimalism, these positions have been merged with the roles of the vessel's marine commander. The marine commander was then supported by two lieutenant commanders, and again these roles were simply superceded by a single lieutenant. This lieutenant looked over her now with mild concern. "Are you alright Ma'am? Did you need a stim?"

Summer shook her head, yawning and rubbing her forehead. Combat stimulants were powerful drugs developed by the military which kept the user awake and alert when feeling exhaustion. It was useful for cases where general quarters was declared, but the crew was not fully rested. However, like most of these types of substances, overexposure to combat stimulants had adverse health effects. While clones were genetically engineered to be resilient to such consequences, the same could not be said for regular Ellian officers such as herself. As a general rule, Summer only used the drug in the situations it was designed for; emergencies.

"I'm fine, thanks," she told him, "I'm just tired." She shook her head to clear it, and sat up a little straighter in her chair, "Is Pronto back yet?" She asked. The Lieutenant shook his head. "I'll wait for him to get back then. You can head off now if you want though."

"I'll stay as well, Ma'am." She nodded. "So what are we going to do with those pods?"

She considered this for a while. "Honestly, it might just be better to leave them in the airlock for now." He signalled his agreement.

"Captain, Ma'am," Manica called, turning in his chair, "Pronto's back. He's got the pods. Requesting orders."

"Tell him to leave the pods in the airlock for now. We'll put the airlock under quarantine. Engineering and medical will have to do their best to figure things out from there. That is all." A crescendo of 'yes, ma'am's.
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

A writer of magic, fantasy & science fiction.

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:45 pm

Sterkistan...

First, Down in the Bay...

"Electrical discharge? Interesting," the voice rang out, now more in the Electromaster's head than in the bay itself. In fact it would appear that Kallum was the only one who could hear what the arm - was it the arm itself speaking, or something else? There wasn't exactly a lot of time to figure that out. The pod was already hovering higher than the highest fingers and the hatchway now only a few feet away. More to the point, the discharge didn't seem to have any effect on the arm or the pod or...

Did it?

Suddenly purple lightning was arcing from one point on the outer shell to another, each crackling discharge leaving the taste of ozone on the air. Among the scattered screw, hair began to stand on end as the ambient static electricity began to rise. Where a finger touched metal there was a small discharge. Nothing painful for now, but...

"But are you just another Human? They keep making new ones all the time and its getting harder and harder to keep up. So, what are you," the voice asked again, turning him around and upside down as easily as a child might manipulate a doll. "Human, sorta-Human, 'your-mother-was-into-wall-sockets'-Human? Or have I found something new here..."

Second, Up in the Bay...

One of the interesting things about evolved life was that it was quintessentially based on several even more interesting things in physics and then chemistry. Elements liked to bond in specific ways; Hydrogen and Oxygen just looooved to form water. Amino acids also, by their very nature, easily fell into self-replicating chains when given a little 'push' by outside energy. Carbohydrates, being a compact form of nutritional energy, thus were often considered 'sweet' to a wide variety of different species. Those that complained that life throughout the galaxy was 'too similar' often found themselves on the wrong end of a lecture when it was pointed out that different planets didn't have different laws of physics.

The 'kangaroo' gobbled it up. This was followed by words but more importantly to the telepath emotions and meanings. Yummy, thanks, good. Can I have another? It looked at her expectantly.

Next Up:
----
Monfrox
Semparia
Macisikan
Ella2 6...
Last edited by Sunset on Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Monfrox...

"Oh, he was a right solid bloke," Kaul'i said, something like nostalgia crossing her features. "Even when he'd just had to cut a throat he was always, 'Please, thank you, and sorry lad.' Not that he didn't enjoy the work, you see... But they were all like that. Most of 'em 'ad retired out of some service or another, except for Bosun - as you said. Let me think," she put a finger up against her cheek and cocked her face just to the side while tapping a knee with the other fingers, "I can't recall all that much. Or maybe he just didn't say much - hush-hush and all that - but he did say it all happened in 'Fifty Six..."

"Nineteen Fifty Six? That would have been the year of the Suez Crisis!"

"Well, I don't know anything about a..." Another pause, this one shorter, and her face lit up, "No! I do remember him sayin' something about Egypt and a canal or something. Dunno if that has anything to do with it, but there you go. As for the little gray men, I'm surprised you don't know about them. Been to a lot of places and it's all the same - skinny gray fellows in flying saucers show up, run off with yer husband and bring him back with a stretched-out backside, if you know what I mean," she said, ending with a wink.

"That and turning cattle inside-out. My personal figuring is that they just don't understand people raising animals for food - vegetarians, the lot of em."

Over on the other side of the compound, they weren't finding out anything much if at all. The interior of the capsules were surprisingly or perhaps not extremely clean. If the CDC had been involved they would have classified the glass-smooth ovals as 'sterilized' without a bare hint of bacterial activity and not much more dirt than what had drifted in between here and there. No skin flakes - nothing that fluoresced under near-monochromatic illumination. This in itself was odd as the subjects themselves would have been expected to leave something behind after even a short time - especially Vir.

On a simple hunch, that too was checked; Kaul'i didn't light up when exposed to the same light but Vir did. The first's answer explained why - "Carbo-silicate biological entity with amorphous metamorphic properties. Least that's what the last doctor who tried to do a physical wrote me up as."

Ella2 6...

They sat there. There wasn't a whole lot more that could be said...

...except there was. Without anyone laying a bare hand on the capsules, there was plenty of time to just observe them and that led to some interesting observations. The first was that they were moving. Slowly - nearly imperceptibly - but they were still slowly moving so that if the video was sped-up or time-lapsed it would show the three slowly assuming a perfect triangular formation. If something was done to stop one or the other but not all three then they would use the position of the other one or two as the point of their triangle and there was certainly no resistance if someone did want to move them around but there it was; They were moving.

The other was that they had a distinct preference to remain upright. Weebles wobble but they don't fall down? But in this case there was no wide end or significant distribution of weight to accomplish that. In fact, in the case of two of the capsules their heavy end was towards what seemed to be preferred as the top despite what gravity might like to argue was the law otherwise.

Now, here was the really strange thing...

Trigger Bullpup had an up and down but the galaxy and in fact the universe didn't.

Let that one settle in for a moment and then ask the question - 'How do they know which way is up?'

The apparent answer was that they didn't, or couldn't. A quick check of the five senses revealed all of zilch. But apparently they somehow knew which was way up and had decided to keep it that way...

Next Up:
----
Semparia
Macisikan...

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Been preparing my Christmas list...

Postby Sunset » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:19 pm

Semparia...

Open it up how?

Well, after a brief examination of the capsule and a check of the available tools, a Dewalt DCG412B 20V MAX* Lithium Ion 4-1/2” Angle Grinder (Available on Amazon for $129.00, Battery and Charger separate) with a Boss Hog 4 1/2-Inch Turbo Masonry Diamond Blade was determined to be the right tool for the job. Since it was also the only tool available, it would have to do. Clearing away some of the debris around the base of the object the lowest ranked member of the four began cutting.

And cutting.

Which was why they'd had the lowest ranked member do it.

And cutting.

Twelve batteries and a dozen blades later, there was a hole in the thing. It wasn't very big - just the diameter of the blade long and as wide as the disc was thick - but that was enough for the tip of a borescope (Teslong Classic Borescope, 16.5ft Semi Rigid Gooseneck Industrial Endoscope with 3.5inch LCD Screen - $149.98) to fit inside. With all the hard work done, it was now up to the highest ranked member of the team to take the first look at what was sure to be an incredible find of world-shattering proportions.

Or a highly opaque sea of purple-gray goo that slowly oozed out of the hole as he maneuvered the camera around inside for a better look. Finally the camera bumped up against something that felt to his hand like it wasn't the wall of the capsule and with a little bit of maneuvering the probe end was able to get a better picture. Not much of a better picture, but a better picture of... Well, it looked like a drown rat. Or the hair of a drown rat. It wasn't yet possible to get a complete view of the interior but after so much sawing they had other tools on hand.

Like a WORKSHOP Wet/Dry Vac WS1600SS Stainless Steel 6.5-Peak Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner. And a very long extension cord. Again the lowest ranking member of the team was put to work, this time carefully sucking out all of the liquid inside, which was then dutifully stored away for containment and study by a middle ranking member of the team. After enough fluid had been sucked away to completely fill two of the capsules - and raise some eyebrows along the way - the highest ranking soldier again took a look.

It was a slug with a beard. Specifically a very large slug with a large, mane-like ruff around what wasn't even close to a neck. This was apparently what the camera had first bumped into and now it was looking back at them (or at least the camera) through what was clearly an eye perched on the end of a thick and apparently singular eye-stalk.

"Z̶͓̱̫a͜l̬g̸͉̟̞̜ͅo͕̰̣͖͕?"

Next Up:
----
Macisikan...

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:55 pm

Macisikan...

"No, I... Uh... We asked for that?" It wasn't quite apparent which 'that' she was asking about, but it was perfectly clear that Demi was flustered - pleasantly so, but still flustered. Her hand brushed the card she'd placed just a few seconds earlier on the desk corner and she nearly dropped it to the ground before stooping to barely snatch it up as it bounced. Straightening in her chair she blew a stray lock of hair back off her forehead and tucked the tablet into a pocket. "No - not at all. Thank you..."

...and that was that. Meeting adjourned, and with everything she'd mentally armed herself with laying discarded, Ambassador Love found herself whisked out of the office and off the station into the waiting arms of the anxiously awaiting captain of the Gethsemane; "Are you alright? You look... Stunned."

"They... Said 'yes'," she answered, disbelief still on the edge of her tongue. "They'll be sending an ambassador in two weeks with the papers. I should call my wife... I should call the Secretary-General," she corrected, pulling herself mentally together.

It was the worst kind of diplomatic triumph - the type where she wouldn't believe it, even the next morning...

Next Up:
----
Whoever Posts First!

Macisikan
Ambassador

Postby Macisikan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:58 am

S 45 68-03 System, Sengrin Customs Sentre
“Fair winds at your back, Excellency,” if Maxim was amused, he hid it very well; those golden eyes simply followed her out. After the good Ambassador had left, he remained seated for a good few minutes, drumming his fingers on the desk absently. For those watching, it was a few minutes; for him, it was much longer. So, that’s what these foreigners were like. Nothing like the rapacious thieves, or the Intruders, or the Cold Fish. And if the scans of that ship were even remotely accurate, then a reassessment might be in order. There didn’t seem to be any deceit in her – much like the Lieutenant. But did not the sages say that was when you should be at your most cautious? ...this needed a lot more thought; and not here. Abruptly he snapped back to realtime, stood, and left the office through the door behind him, striding down sterile, featureless, white passageways.

His colleagues – like the two following him – usually preferred to perceive them as something other than surgically sterile and completely interchangeable; for his purposes, a simple blue line indicating his path was enough. It terminated into another hatch. The room beyond it was neat and orderly, full of tank after translucent tank of greenish fluid.

Without making eye contact with each other, the three of them stopped in front of three empty tanks, and proceeded to strip, in quick, economical movements, throwing the clothing carelessly into a hole in the floor.

The tanks themselves weren’t quite empty; aside from the people climbing into them, they held a sort of arm, reaching out from the back, terminating in a concave headrest. Almost in sync, the three turned to face the front – where the tanks were rapidly sealing themselves – and leaned their heads back against those headrests. There was a hiss from each one, and each body went rigid, then limp, the life fading from their eyes; no sooner had that happened, then there was a gurgle, and the tanks rapidly filled with the same greenish fluid as the rest. Even as the Ambassador spoke to the Gethsemane’s captain, the body of the envoy she’d spoken with was breaking down into its constituent atoms, recycled and repurposed.

But Maxim’s mind – his consciousness, his essence, his soul, whatever you want to call it – and that of his two fellows, was racing down the substrate lines to a larger mass of the stuff, and a particular small lump, no larger than a human fist, that waited to take him back home.

Outside, shoals of ISS vessels continued to lazily circle as the Gethsemane departed for the distant Republic.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

From: Office of the Vice-Minister, Vice-Ministry for External Affairs
Subject: Appointment of an Ambassador to the Republic of Sunset

Lady Arinsoe Harhotep, AD, has been appointed His Serene Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Sunset. Her Excellency will take up her appointment in 14 days.

His Serene Majesty’s Government is pleased to announce the signing and ratification of a formal non-aggression pact between our two nations.

A. Trivkaal
Federated Star Empire of Macisikan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents