NATION

PASSWORD

Our Darkest Fears (WWII/Etharia/IC/Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:13 am

Private Chon Jong-Su
Kanadorikan Army
Fort Cheol, Northurland

Gevehr 95

Overview

Gevehr 95

Type: Bolt action rifle
Place of origin: Kanadorikan Empire
In service: 1895-Present
Designed: 1894

Cartridge: .30-95 (7.62x63mm)
Feed system: 10 round clip, internal magazine

Gevehr 36

Overview

Gevehr 36

Type: Semi-automatic rifle
Place of origin: Kanadorikan Republic
In service: 1936-Present
Designed: 1934

Cartridge: .30-95 (7.62x63mm)

Feed System: 8-round en-bloc clip, internal magazine

The target sat several hundred yards out in the distance. I lay on the frigid snow, its crystals crunching with every shift of my weight. I firmly gripped my rifle in my gloves, condensation flowing from my mouth and dissipating into the sky above. I focused all my attention on the target; a Radhkivian helmet, which appeared minuscule through the cold steel sights of my G.95 rifle. To stabilize myself better I held my breath, counting to three within my head.

One... two... three...

*Crack!*

I squeezed the trigger and the rifle butted into my shoulder, though the target seemed to be unscathed. With a slight frown, I rotated the bolt and tried again.

*Crack!*

Another miss, this time too high. My frown transformed into a sneer as the wind began to kick up, howling across the desolate icy plains.

"Hey Chon, you gonna ever hit that thing? Hahaha!"

I rolled to my side to find Private Ki standing above me, a cigarette hanging from his mouth.

"Yeah, sure.... someday." I chuckled back half halfheartedly, frustrated that the target was so elusive.

I focused on the range once more, my gaze narrowing to the helmet and tuning everything else out.

*Crack!*

To my surprise, a loud ringing noise sounded out through the atmosphere and the helmet fell to the ground. "It's about bloody time I hit the damn thing," I muttered to Ki, working the bolt to chamber another round.

"Hey, you ever shot the G.36 yet? She's a doll." He replied with a jubilant smile, showing off his rifle that for whatever reason my unit had yet to receive.

"Not yet, mind if I shoot a few rounds through yours?"

"Yeah, go ahead." I set my own rifle to the ground as Ki handed his to me. He threw a loaded clip onto my lap, and I opened up the bolt to load it in. As I pressed the clip into the magazine, the bolt snatched closed and snapped my thumb.

"Goddamn! The thing bit me! Jesus Christ that hurt!"

Ki laughed at my misfortunes. "Yeah, it'll do that. Be careful."

I once more crouched down into the prone position, aiming at a paper target at only 200 yards distance. My finger hovered over the trigger, ready to squeeze it.

*Pop!*

"Well it certainly shoots nice, I must say." I said, looking back at Ki.

"It's great, isn't it? Now just dump the mag downrange."

I squeezed it again, this time in rapid secession. *Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop!*

"Keep going. Empty that son of a bitch."

*Pop! Pop! Pop!*

After the last round fired off, the clip ejected from the magazine with a loud ping. The noise startled me, catching me off guard.

"So, what do you think. You like it?" Ki questioned me.

"You lucky bastard!"
Last edited by Kanadorika on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Suid Kaap
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Suid Kaap » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:40 pm

Brigadier General Piet De Klerk, SK marines
Brigadier General Ernst Joubert, SK marines
Brigadier General Jan Botha, SK marines

"Merck toch hoe sterck...." The three generals stood for the anthem of Suid Kaap. Suid Kaap's anthem originated from it's days of rebellion and victory. Now, the three generals, surrounded by dozens of other men, paid tribute to their forefathers who won them independence in the first calvinist church of Jagersfontein. As the service ended, the three generals walked outside. The sunny day was typical of those on the cape. "We could use some rainfall soon, the reservoir is getting dry." Remarked De Klerk. "Ay, it might be a good time to start working on teaching people conservation of water. It might only get worse." Remarked Joubert. "Never mind the drought, it is a lovely day to honor our forefathers. Like just over there, 60 years ago, Willem H. Du Toit hosted our flag over the harbor." Said Botha pointing with a great deal of reverence for the old flag pole sitting on the harbor. "How about that war?" Said Joubert after a long pause. "Probably best to stay out if we want to keep our independence." Continued Joubert. "Armed neutrality is the best policy. We must be prepared, we must keep innovating." Said De Klerk. "We need to up our strength for sure. We would be dead if we were caught off guard." Said Botha. The KSS W. H. Du Toit, the first aircraft carrier of the SK, was docked in the harbor. Her deck was loaded with the new naval fighter used by Suid Kaap, it was the first batch in use, the KLS VTV 8-0. The strange looking twin-engined fighters we slowly being transported below deck. "I can't believe those things actually fly to be honest. They are simply the weirdest aircraft I've ever seen." Remarked Botha.
An explosion rocked the ship. Terrorists from the Channel Islands had placed bombs on the ship below ground when it returned to harbor. "What the hell?" Remarked Botha. "Forget your damn inquiries, lets get in there and help those poor bastards." The three generals hopped in the water and worked to try and swim survivors to shore. When it was all said and done, the bombing was quite clear. Upon reading the newspaper, Botha said, "It is another Island War then." The very next day, veteran SK marines were mobilized, destination, Upper Eland Island.
Last edited by Suid Kaap on Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laet 's Lands boom end' sijn stroom trouwlijck doen bewaren!

Suid Kaap
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

C’est La Guerre

Postby Suid Kaap » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:48 pm

The news had come as a shock across the Kaap. Suid Kaap was going to war. President Botha had made the decision. “Threats to international liberty are brewing across the world. And hence, the liberty of our people is in danger. For now, we unify with our brethren people of Kanadorika. Through god and perseverance, we shall seize victory.” Came Botha’s voice over the radio. Suid Kaap was in a strange juxtaposition between being unprepared and being militarized. Suid Kaap was geared up for a very different war than WW2 as it was dealing primarily with insurgencies, not regular armies. As usual, the already very active marines were going to be the first ones to the front.

Suid Kaap
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Suid Kaap » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:21 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by Suid Kaap on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:04 pm

Alexander Pokrovshovich
Captain
4th Sentinel Tank Battalion,
Valley 175 (Kazantsev valley)

Barsuk SB-39/40 (Medium Tank), 400

Rys LT-39/40-J (Light Tank), 300

Rys LT-39/40-P (Light Recon Tank), 25

Slon IS-40 (Tank Destroyer), 100

PP.300/T (Half-Track), 100

PP.300/7.5cm (Half-Track with 7.5cm kwk 40), 60

PP.300/P (Recon Half-Track), 20

Infantry Division, 1x 13,000

Mechanized Infantry, 1x 5,500

Artillery, 400

Fighting with Dominatus was continuous throughout the mountain range and every time it seemed we pushed them back they would send more waves of troops. Despite their lack of equipment, they were quite the tenacious soldier and were often seen doing the bravest of things. I could attest to this for I had seen a lone soldier holding a bundle of grenades try to dive under my tank. He had hidden in a crevice that was obstructed by the turn in the mountain pass and when we made the turn he jumped out towards us. All we could do was watch as this rabid soldier runs towards us with the bundle of grenades under his right arm. Yet, his plan was cut short for the infantry walking by my tank cut him down with several volleys of fire. It seemed that God himself was watching over myself and my tank crew that day for all I could do was nearly shit my pants. Nonetheless, the efforts of the Dominatus army were showing breaks in their defensive line. High command seeing this had entrusted our army to push through and seize a lane of passage for operations that would take place in the future. Our General, Sergei Kirillovich, had chosen a break in the mountains. On the map, it was only known as "Valley 175," but some of the soldiers who were from the Outokumpo Province knew it as just Kazantsev valley. The name had to do with something about a trader from a story but that's all I cared to remember.

Reconnaissance reports were becoming less and less frequent as the weather in the mountains was becoming inhospitable to recon planes. The reports and photos we were working with were at least a few days old. It certainly made me uncomfortable to continue to push forward despite no new reports. However, if we were going in blind the enemy wherever they were would also be having the same situation. This lightened my mood a bit, but the idea of not have CAS supporting us from the sky brought my mood right back down. I preferred having all the power in our hands rather than leaving a battle up to chance, yet it seems that God is a fickle creature.

"Sir, your face looks like you saw that Domi soldier all over again," remarked Pvt. Kovalev from within our Barsuk SB-39/40. He was not looking at me when I looked down the hatch at him for he was already looking down at paperwork regarding repairs and whatnot.

"I think it's the right response for not having air cover, Pvt. Kovalev," I replied looking back up at the road, "Being in a tight situation without CAS can end badly."

"I guess we will just have to fight our way out of it, Captain," responded Pvt. Kovalev as he focused more on the paper and less on me.

True, but I'd rather have it and not need it and need it and not have it, I thought to myself as I saw the valley slowly come into view. The foliage was spread throughout the valley floor, however, pockets of grass could be seen covering vast swaths of land as well. Yet the beauty was ruined by the returning forward Reconnaissance observers in their PP.300/P which was moving at full speed towards the HQ section of the marching column. I hesitated to grab my binoculars but forced myself to do so and brought them up to my eyes to scan the valley. It could only be the enemy for no friendly forces were out this far besides us. However, from the countless specs which I assumed were armor was not the Dominatus army. We had not seen Dominatus forces muster this amount of armor before....could they have been withholding or received supplies from Kanadorika? So many thoughts ran through my head yet It became clear when the radio crackled to life.

"Attention! Attention! Enemy forces have been spotted entering the valley...Shzzzzz...Begin moving armor and infantry forward at once...Shzzzzz...Supporting elements will set...Shzzzzz...over and out!"

My crew as if almost on autopilot continued onwards into the valley with the forward armored element. I watched from atop my tank as some mechanized infantry platoons drove past us in their PP.300/T half-tracks whilst others continued on foot along tanks like mine. Infantry even began to climb onto my tank as we were moving. I only acknowledged them with a nod and they returned it without a word as their faces only looked forward towards the coming battle. I took in the beauty of the valley one final time before disappearing into the turret of the tank and sealing the commanders hatch.

Suid Kaap
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Suid Kaap » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 pm

{DELETED}
Last edited by Suid Kaap on Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:48 pm

Sergei Kirillovich
General
2nd Spearhead Army Group,
Valley 175 (Kazantsev valley)

I stood up in my half-track and looked down at the valley through my binoculars which was secured to me via a leather cord. It was obvious the battle had started by the sound of countless tank cannons echoing throughout the valley floor. However, I was quite confident at the beginning of this battle for we had rushed into the valley and taken a defensive position against the incoming force. It was a slight advantage but it was advantage nonetheless and I was happy to have it. As the tanks held off the initial enemy tank attack I ordered the mechanized infantry to push up to support the tanks. I was already receiving reports from tanks crews that a push on our flank was already being conducted. Thankfully, mechanized infantry had the advantage of using half-tracks and would no doubt be there in a matter of time. Yet the main bulk of our infantry had barely made it into the valley. I doubt neither would the enemy forces for it seemed this battle was to never occur in the first place.

As I continued to look down into the valley I could hear the multiple radios from within my half-track blasting continuously with reports from the front. I ignored most of them for I was primarily interested in the matter regarding the flank that was being attacked. From the reports, it seemed that a few SB-39/40s had been taken out but the flank had adjusted their positions and was engaging the enemy. The number of enemy tanks engaging couldn't be determined but I saw an opportunity.

"Ensign Glazkov, relay orders to Section Right to hold the flank until mechanized infantry arrive then push back," I said pausing a bit, "Relay orders to mechanized infantry in forward positions to send two battalions to focus on Section Right and the rest to be distributed to Left and Middle. Tanks in Section Right and Middle will hold then push the enemy."

"It will be done, General Kirillovich," replied the Ensign, his focus going from me and immediately back to the radio that sat in front of him. I watched the ensign do his movements before returning my focus back to the valley floor then the map that laid to the right of me on a foldable table. I moved my index finger over the current line of tank defense and gave a heavy sigh, "Out of all the days to have shitty weather," I thought to myself as I gave up on the possibility of using air support.

Kotsisz
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Kotsisz attacks!

Postby Kotsisz » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:12 pm

Captain Vincze Zoltán

“Dearest Father,
Command has tired of stalemate fighting and our forces on the Dominatus front have reorganized. Under the command of Lieutenant General László Máté, the First Corps of the Army of Turul Öbölben has mobilized and entered into Trekoan territory from the south. I pray for a success here in the valley as a failure could cripple our army. I am fortunate that I can send this letter discreetly by plane so as to not have it fall into enemy hands as now I can outline our situation here. In terms of an armored force, we have 200 Fekete Kutyák, 200 Királyi Antilopok, 20 Teknősök Mk.2s, 100 Teknősök GCs, 100 Kis Szarvas, and 300 Kis Tartályok. We also have over 600 Artillery pieces and 20,000 infantry supporting us. We do not know the strength of the enemy, may god have mercy on us.
Your humble servant, Cpt. Vincze Z.”
“With that letter out of the way,” I thought to myself, “It is time to fight, time to mock the Devil’s shriek.” Today was the day signified to begin the attack. And recon had signified the ceiling was roughly 1000 feet agl in the valley, so we would be without air support. This was going to one of the toughest fights I’ve ever fought, but, the only way to win is keep the enemy on their toes. As I dressed into the heavy leather clothes so well designed to keep me and my men warm in this harsh environment, I was reminded once again of who I was, I was a Vincze, I am a warrior. With a new spring in my step, I went out, ready to face the might of the Trekoan Forces.
The ride over the mountain pass was quiet, too quiet. But the scene from the commander’s hatch of my Fekete Kutyák was fantastic. Home might’ve been far, but the sound of the tracks on the tar was enough of a distraction. Our division consisted of 100 Fekete Kutyák, 100 Királyi Antilopok, and 50 Kis Tartályok. It was a pretty efficient strike division and although all of our tanks, save the klipspringers, were new, prior battles had shown these new cavalry tanks to be up to snuff, and I personally adored the Fekete Kutyák with it’s 40mph top speed and 50mm gun.

Kotsisz
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kotsisz » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:18 pm

Captain Vincze Zoltán

We had made it some ways into the valley. And our division was not in too bad of straights as was. My command of 4 Springboks was on the far right, along with another 21 Fekete Kutyák and 50 Királyi Antilopok. The Kis Tartályok were being shoved into the middle. Our division was on the far right of the attack. We were passing just south of a homestead when we encountered a sizeable force of SB-39/40s, about 60 of them. The Trekkish tanks provided a staunch contrast in color to our tanks. The steely bluish-grey unmarked surfaces contrasted to modeled tricolor ambush camo and drab brown paints on the Kotsiszian tanks with their slogans and springboks painted on. I was the first to engage. In an ambush like this, we were at a severe disadvantage, but I knew what to do. I broke formation and rushed into the woods towards the north, where we were ambushed from. The enemy tanks wouldn't have a clear shot through, right? Well, that is what I hoped.Via the radio, I commanded the three other tanks in my command to follow me. A flanking maneuver would hopefully be enough to inspire the other tanks to do the same, or to buy us time to reorganize and charge again. We were the farthest away from the central force, and we had to hold the flank if we wanted to succeed. I flanked and got next to one of the SB-39s and told the gunner to aim at the front of the tank and fire. He did so.

Khaw Si Khaw
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

The Yuan Wars

Postby Khaw Si Khaw » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:59 am

Background
The Serene Principality of Khaw Si Khaw had gotten a new Neighbor to the East in the Year of Nineteen Twenty Nine. That neighbor being the Ilichyka Khanate, a breakaway Nation of Yuan. The two nations had been at odds since the two gained a border, resulting in dozens of border skirmishes per year. When Khaw Si Khaw declared war on the Ninhundish Reich in the Year of Nineteen Forty Two the skirmishes got more common. On the Year of Nineteen Forty Eight Lan Na Agents in the Khanate obtained some information that the Khanate was secretly supporting the Nihundish War Effort with material, of the raw and equipment variety. It was then where the General Staff decided they needed action, elements of the Royal Expeditionary got recalled to the homeland to participate in upcoming operations, it was also at this moment where the Territorial Korp began to mobilize fully. Upon the date of April Seventh Nineteen Forty Nine the Khanate initiated another skirmish on the border, but what they didn’t know is that Khaw Si Khaw was not only expecting it but also ready to treat this with extreme force and prejudice. . .

Main Characters
Thanin Sanya: The POV Character who is the Commanding Officer of the Twenty First Airborne Division’s Seventh Regiment’s Third Battlion’s First Company’s First Platoon. He was a member of the Royal Expeditionary Force that got recalled to help form a new Airborne Division. He is cool under fire and likes to joke around with his men.
Vitchu Strasser: A Young Junior Lieutenant who has ties to the Royal Family by blood. He got his rank due to that but if he is entirely useless is up to be seen.

Chakri Air Force Base, 21st Airborne Division’s Bunks, 20:00
You walk into the Bunkhouse, flipping the light switch in order to both illuminate the room and to wake up the men in your platoon. Up would spring up a Young and Enthusiastic Lad. “Lieutenant!” You hear him yell as he salutes you. You can observe that he has bags underneath his eyes and is in uniform already. Perhaps he had stayed up all night, you think to yourself as you say “At ease Junior Lieutenant.” You would softly sigh as he would stop saluting and hold his hands behind back. “Lad, did you get your rest? You look like shit.” You would say half jokingly as you look around the rest of the bunkhouse, you can see as the entire platoon begins to wake up and stretch. “Umm. . No Sir, I couldn’t sleep. This is my first combat deployment Sir.” You would laugh as you would place your hand on his shoulder. “Well just keep your head down and follow me Strasser.” You would say as you would clear your throat. “Okay lads, this is it! Those pesky neighbors have initiated combat with the Territorials at the border. So we got orders to make the hit, your sergeants are gonna be briefing you on this. Get your gear on and prepare to drop at Midnight. May God be with us all.” You would walk out of the bunkhouse as you stare up at the night sky, the moon illuminating the base as you hear air crew running to their planes to do diagnostics and last minute checks. You hear the door behind you creep open, you turn around and recognize it as the Young Strasser. “You okay Sir?” Strasser asks you with genuine worry. “Yeah, it’s just gonna be a long night. . .” You say with a sigh.

Chakri Air Force Base’s Command Tent, 24:00
You stand next to a table with a map of the border on it, the Colonel for the past thirty minutes has been explaining the operation. “Okay so, you and your boys are gonna drop in deep and take these three bridges until the Territorials break through. The Twenty First Armored will most likely be the first to make it to you but there could be complications so be ready for anything.” You would nod as another Lieutenant would speak up. “So the Old Man is really going through with this?” The General would look over at the Lieutenant and say[/u] “Yes, the (Field) Marshal has authorized this. . . Gather your men, the planes are gonna take off as soon as you are ready.” [i]He would salute you and everyone else before stating. “We will all be home before the Year’s End, In Sha Allah (If God is willing).” You would exit the command tent along with everyone else, outside Strasser would be waiting for you. “The Platoon is ready and already onboard Sir.” Strasser would say as he walks with you to the Kanadorian Designed Type 58 Transport Plane. “Good lad.” You would say to the Young Junior Lieutenant as you would strap on your helmet and step into the plane’s hull, Strasser coming in right after you. You would take a seat near the front and clear your throat as the engines of the planes become louder. “Okay men! As your Sergeants have informed you we are gonna be taking then holding the East most bridge. Be prepared for a long night, we are expecting light resistance but for all we know they can be waiting for us, so be careful.” One of the enlisted men would laugh before jokingly saying. “Well now ain’t that assuring?” You would chuckle as the plane erupts in laughter.

21 Miles Behind Enemy Lines, 01:45
The Hull of the plane that you are in would shake as the Erie silence that you have been sitting in suddenly broken as one of the Staff Sergeant cracks a joke. “Five bucks little Strasser over there breaks a leg during the jump!” The Engines and rattling of the plane mixed with the anxiety of nearly everyone in the Plane made it so that almost no one besides the people directly next to the jokester heard it. The Plane would rattle even more before it stabilized, you look over directly to your left and spot Strasser. He is not looking too good, he is anxiously checking all of his equipment and taking out the magazine from his Ambi Rifle before clearing the chamber and doing it over and over again, refilling the magazine to keep himself calm. Suddenly and without warning the red light in your transport turns a bright emerald green, almost blinding you with its intensity. You would stand up from your seat at the front, directly next to the door and yell. “Green light, hook up!” You can observe as your men stand up and hook up, first in the line is Strasser. You would walk over to the door and hook up in standard procedure. You would look out the door, it certainly looked like the rice fields that you have been briefed about, you would nod before turning to your men and shouting. “Okay, this is it! Remember don’t think just jump. After you land attempt to link up, once ready we are gonna take the Bridge. Remember the code word is Star.” You would watch as your men would nod, some tightening their helmets, while others would check their pack. You would nod towards Strasser and he would nod back at you before you give one final order. “Okay, Jump!” You would watch as Strasser would jump with only a split second of hesitation, then the next man would jump, then the next, then the next, before you knew it the entire plane was empty except for you and the flight crew. You would look out the door as you would see the whole line of parachutes descend slowly from the ground. This is it, the Principality is now in a state of war, and your unit was leading the way as the Vanguard. The navigator would then step out of the Cockpit to the hull to make sure everyone had jumped, he would see you and give a quick salute. “Good luck Sir!” The Navigator would say to you before you would give him a quick nod jump off after your men. You would fall as your parachute would then activate, slowly descending towards a Rice Field. From the sky and due to the illumination of the full moon you can see the bridge a couple klicks away, half a mike from your area you can see a small estate, “It probably belongs to the rice farmers.” You think to yourself as you have time to take in the surroundings as you descend towards the ground. You look around the area, you can see the first parachutes hit the ground safely, no gunfire yet. After additional time you hit the ground, landing on your feet as your feet sink into the water and muddy ground of the rice field. You would then take off your parachute and pull your Ambi Rifle from its sling and turn the firing mode to Varying from Monotomy. As you would look around the rice field you can see the far distant Manor’s lights would turn on. You would sigh as you would look back at the sky, it is filled with transport aircraft, dropping off their off paratroopers to take objectives separate from your own. You would then look behind you, you see the majority of your men rushing towards you, wadding through the mud in their jet black boots. At the front of the group is Strasser and the other Junior Officers. “Star! Star!” Strasser would yell as they got closer, after half of half a minute they would finally get to you, upon that Strasser would give a quick salute before stating. “Sir we got everyone . . Well except for Private Chintan, his parachute didn’t deploy, we found his body on the way and grabbed his tags.” You would sigh towards the ground before looking back up at your platoon. “That is a shame, he was a good man.” You would say to your men as you would look back towards the distant manor. “We need to keep moving towards the bridge, but before we should check out the manor, we may be comprised.” “Yes Sir.” Strasser would say before looking towards the rest of the Platoon. “We are moving out towards the bridge, we are gonna clear that manor in the distance as whoever is in there might compromise our Operation.” There would be some small time chatter from your men but no complaints are audible. You and your men would start to head out towards the manor, after twenty or so minutes you finally arrive twenty feet away from the entrance. Outside at the front door there is a man in a military uniform with a bolt action rifle, he yells something in a language you don’t understand, you think it’s a sub dialect of Yuansese. Suddenly Strasser whispers over to you. “Sir he thinks we are part of the Khanate’s Army, he is asking why are we on his land, the army isn’t supposed to come on his property.” You would chuckle to yourself lightly as you would look over towards Strasser and ask him if the man was alone, Strasser would nod towards you before turning to the man and conversing with him for nearly a minute, it sounds like the man is getting passive aggressive towards Strasser but you can’t really tell since you don’t speak the language. Eventually the conversation ends as Strasser looks back towards you. “Sir, he lives here with his extended family of fifteen including him. He owns this manor and the surrounding land, the workers live a fair bit away in communal housing. He is a Bourgeois.” You can hear Strasser say the last part with audible hatred. You would nod and say to Strasser. “Tell him to go back inside as this is a Army Training Exercise.” Strasser would nod then turn back towards the man and begin conversing again. The man would then start yelling and aim his Rifle at Strasser, you would immediately pull your Ambi Rifle into your shoulder and aim at the man’s center mass. You would not hesitate as you would squeeze the trigger, the recoil kicking back into you as a single shell ejects from your Ambi Rifle. The sound of your gun firing would echo loudly throughout the area as the man would fall to the ground in a second, your aim was true. As soon as the man began to fall Strasser and two other men would move up to the injured man, Strasser would kick the rifle away from the man while pointing his gun down at the man, the two other men aiming at the front door and scamming the windows just in case more people come out. You would let out a breath before looking over to Strasser. “What happened?!?” You would demand towards the Junior Lieutenant. Strasser would immediately respond in a genuinely panicked voice. “He realized we weren’t with the Khanate, what are our Orders Sir?” Strasser would yell out, not even looking at you, just keeping his rifle trained on the man bleeding on the ground. You wouldn’t respond immediately, rather taking a few precious seconds to think. Eventually you would relent with a answer towards him. “Strasser form a fire team (four men) and secure the house. We can’t let our cover be blown. After, return to the group, we are gonna continue to the bridge.” Strasser would nod (not looking at you) and yell out. “Arthit, Chanchai, & Paithoon you are on me. We are gonna sweep this manor!” Two of the men would already be at the front, they were the ones who had run up to watch the door and windows after the man was shot. A female paratrooper from behind you would run up towards Strasser and scan the windows, she was holding on to one of the new Type 64 Automatic Pistols. You would nod towards Strasser before yelling towards the rest of the Platoon. “We are moving out! Let’s go!” You would begin to move out, your men following after you. Around a dozen seconds later a gunshot would echo out, you would look back as Strasser would stop aiming at the now presumably dead man and move towards the front of the manor as one man would kick down the door and the female paratrooper would move in. You would look back to your path, may God help whoever is in that manor. You would continue waking and as the minutes pass sporadic gunfire would break out, the longer you weak the more faint the gunfire become before you can’t hear them anymore, perhaps you simply are too far away now, perhaps there was no one left in that manor to be executed . . . You would continue walking for nearly thirty minutes, you come near the end of the rice fields to a wooded area. You would take your first step onto this now more stable ground, a good change of pace from the sinking and wet soil of the rice fields. Your men would follow you, some making some light comments about how this feels so much better to walk on. In the distance you can see four figures running towards you, it’s probably Strasser and the Fireteam. You would order a quick halt for the men of the platoon to get a quick five minute break, most would take a sip from their water cans, some would check their equipment, and one would eat some dried meat jerky. You would personally stand guard to make sure those figures were indeed your men, as they would get closer you would yell out towards them. “Star! Star! Star!” You hear a response, albeit a very distant response, but a response none the less. For you hear a “Star! Star!” Yup, that is Strasser all right, Strasser in his twink like voice. You would then relax for a minute and drink some water, finally after three minutes or so Strasser and his group makes it back to you, fighting for a breather as they have been running after you. Your natural instinct is to ask Strasser about what happened at the manor, but you already can out together what happened, all officers were briefed on what to do with Prisoner and even Civilians if they got in the way . . . “Strasser, take a two minute break after that we are moving out.” Strasser would give a meek nod, not replying back verbally. The rest of Strasser’s Fireteam didn’t look you or anyone else in the eyes, keeping their eyes down as they drink water and reload their magazines. The two minutes would pass as if they were two years as you can see most of your men staring at Strasser and his group. After you realize it has been two minutes you would stand up and say. “Okay! We are moving out again, let’s move out!” You would then begin walking again towards the objective through these dark woods. The Platoon would be quiet as they would stand up and get moving, there would be no small talk, no complaining or at least you can tell as you can’t hear anything from the front. The eerie silence of the forest would occasionally be broken by the crack of branches that a soldier steps on and the occasional owl holing, the moon’s illumination being broken by the makeup of the forest’s leafy head and canopy. After nearly thirty minutes of non stop waking you would near the edge of these woods on a ridge. From the edge you can see it, the bridge that you dropped all the way behind here to get to. You would pull out your officer Binoculars and scan the bridge and it’s immediate area. There you see the bridge itself and a series of three pillboxes. The pillboxes would all be on your side of the river and they would all be connected to each other via a series of trenches. On the outside you can only see around half a dozen men, four of them appear to be military police, they seem to a form of identification checkers for anyone passing through here. The other two would be ontop of the closest pillbox, one of them is asleep and the other would be directly towards his right, half asleep while holding holding his machine gun, pointed over at the other side of the river. This appeared to be a very light Garrison, though this is just everyone you can see from here, perhaps there is more people but they are just in the pillboxes. You would stop looking through your binoculars and call over the Junior Lieutenants and Sergeants, you begin to tell your plan. “Okay so we are gonna sneak up on them in four groups of ten. Me and my team is gonna head for the nearest pillbox and toss a grenade up there before clearing the pillbox itself. Strasser, you are gonna take your team and move to the trenches and clear it out while firing on the men on the bridge. Apinya, you are gonna take your team and move in to clear the second pillbox. Kulap you go and clear out the third and final pillbox. Now we are all gonna coordinate this, we are all gonna sneak into position, once you hear the grenade go off you all begin your assaults. Understood?” You would ask them all, quietly. They would all nod before going to gather their groups, you would do so too. After three minutes of preparing you and your group would head out, crawling on the ground, slowly making your way there. After ten minutes of slow crawling you would make it to the outer walls of the pill boxes, to your right would be one of your Sergeants, you would give him a nod and he would hand you a fragmentation grenade. You would take a breather before taking a few steps back and tossing the grenade up there, after three anxious seconds. After the three seconds the grenade would go off, sending shrapnel into the air as some screams could be heard from the two young soldiers above and the sound echoing throughout the area. Out of the corner of your eye you can see the other groups stand up from the ground and begin running into their respective targets, you yourself would jump straight into the entrance of the first pillbox with your men. You see five men in military uniform, jumping out of bed, attempting to get their uniforms on. You would scream at them, aiming your rifle at them alongside your men. “Do not move or we will shoot!” You say, not sure if they can understand you but your guns should make that clear enough. One of the men would attempt to jump for his bolt action rifle next to his bed, you would quickly turn towards him, aiming for his chest, and without hesitation squeeze the trigger as a shell would eject and the recoil would punch into your shoulder. The man would pause as he is head dead center in the chest, despite this you would once again squeeze the trigger. Another shell casing would eject out, the recoil of the 7.62x51 once again kicking back into your shoulder. This time you would hit him directly in the forehead, he would immediately drop to the floor, his husk of a body devoid of life as he was instantly killed by the second shoot. Another one of the Khanate Soldiers would scream as his friend would fall to the ground, he would pull out a service pistol and aim it at you, before he could fire the air would be filled with a hellfire off nine millimeter rounds would strike the man, you would look back. There would be one of your enlisted men, holding their automatic pistols, you would nod to them as they had just saved you. The enlisted man would nod back and hit the magazine release, the thirty round magazine would hit the ground as you can see him slam in a new magazine into their automatic pistol. You would then scan the room, the rest of the Khanate Soldiers panicked, they would throw their hands in the air, one of them seems to be no more than sixteen, he was crying as he saw two of his comrades dead, screaming and begging you in a language you don’t understand. You would look over to your Sergeant and say. “Look for something to restrain these three with, there is no need for further bloodshed.” You would say as you would slowly lower your Ambi Rifle, as you would tune out the gunfire in the distance from the other pillboxes and the bridge itself. The Sergeant would be looking in the drawers of the room for nearly half a minute before finding some handcuffs, he would look over to you and say. “Sir! Found handcuffs, permission to apply them to the prisoners?” You would nod towards him, not saying anything as you would let out a breath. The Sergeant would then handcuff the three surviving Khanate to their bunk beads, a enlisted man would then drag out the two bodies and dump them in the nearby trench system. After what felt like a hour you would hear someone new run into room, you would turn one hundred and eighty degrees and see Strasser, you would simply look at him with a blank stare and ask. “Any of our’s injured?” Strasser would shake their head and immediately correct themselves by nodding. “Paithoon is wounded but the medic is on him Sir.” You would nod to yourself and whisper to yourself before looking back at Strasser . “Not too bad . . . what were the results of the assaults?” Strasser would clear their throat before answering. “Eight People Captured, four dead, weapons seized and if I may so a stunning success. Sir.” You would take a few seconds to respond but you would respond none the less. “Bring the Prisoners here and restrain them. We have to get ready for a Khanate attempt to relive the forces at the Front Lines.” You would say coldly before walking out of near claustrophobic inducing Pillbox, taking a step onto the green grass, slowly taking in a big breath of the cold and fresh air. You would sigh to yourself. “This is gonna be along night. . .” Several Hours would pass, you would be sitting ontop of the first pillbox’s roof with Strasser and a Machine Gun Team of three, the secondary ammo bearer would be munching on some dried beef jerky as the glorious sun would begin to come over the horizon. Suddenly you would hear the sound of marching feet, you would pull out your binocular and look through them, over in the distance you can see maybe two companies of Khanate Soldiers, you would immediately yell out to your platoon. “We are gonna have Company!” The machine gun team would immediately get ready as you look to the other pillbox roofs, you see the men on their getting ready, you look over to Strasser, he would be loading his magazines hurriedly before getting in a firing position. It would feel like a eternity would pass before you would be able to see the front of the Khanate Unit with your bare eyes. The roar of machine guns would echo throughout as your men would open fire on them, after half a minute of no fire being returned at you bullets would start wizzing last you. You would kneel down and scan the area in front of you for enemies, you would spot one, some forty yards out. You would push the stock of your Ambi Rifle into your shoulder as you would center your sights on the enemy, you would squeeze the trigger and fire, the man would fall on the ground and two other men would run up to him and attempt to pull him back. You wouldn’t allow this as you would center your aim on one of the men helping him, then you would fire and he too would fall. Then you would do the same for the other man, you would squeeze the trigger and the recoil would punch into your shoulder and the other man would fall. You would look over to your subordinates, Strasser would be calming picking off whoever he can find and the machine gun team is providing non stop fire power. You wouldn’t be able to see anymore people from your position but the machine gun team seems to be able to as they continue to fire, only taking time to reload and let the machine gun cool down. Bullets would strike all over near you and eventually one seemingly stray round would find itself striking you in your right shoulder, you would fall on your back as you would grunt in pain. Strasser would turn over to you and immediately call out for a medic to come up to this roof. After a few truely hellish minutes in pain a medic would arrive and take a knife to cut your right sleeve to see your wound, he would visibly be shocked as he would give a look of great concern. “Oh God . . . the bullet hit you in the shoulder but ricocheted into you chest.” His voice would steadily get more distant despite him being right next to you. The medic would lightly slap you and inject you with some morphine, the medic would then begin to work on your wound. You would stare at the April Sky as the sun would slowly begin to move, what felt like minutes would pass and the sun would have moved significantly. The Medic would then be done with you and lean you against a sandbag, handing you back your Ambi Rifle. The assault of the Khanate seems to have died down. Suddenly you hear a explosion, you would stand up to your immediate pain, it appeared to have been a high velocity high explosive shell having been shot at at the enemy. You would look back to see where it had come from. You can see it came from a Medium Tank crossing the bridge, it is one of yours! The Calvary has arrived! You look back further and you see twenty four more tanks and hundreds of Territorials coming up to your position. The Territorials would eventually begin to push the Khanate back, relieving your forces. Strasser would seem quite ecstatic. “I have never thought I would be so happy to see the Territorials in my life!” Strasser would yell as the Territorial Infantry would come to your position, their medics threading your wounded. The Commander of this Force would calmly stroll over to your position, chucking a bit to himself as he would say. “Well I’ll be damned, you Airborne we’re actually able to do it, looks like you guys aren’t completely useless.” He would jokingly say to you before looking over at the Battlefield. “This, this should be over before we hit the New Years.” You would nod, as you would look up at the sky. “Yeah . . . Yeah. . .”

Dominatus Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Zhao Han

Postby Dominatus Leviathan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:27 am

Shang Palace, 1940

Guogier Aleksson, Shang Palace, 1940. Zhao Han 赵汉, 商宫, 1940岁
I had been born and raised in this land of winter all my life. Born in 1930, to the Prince of Kanadorika, my father was sick from the flu, and so I was being looked after by the last Emperor, or as they called him around here, “The Great Shang”. My thoughts on him were divided, he lost us our home, but he has protected our family since our exodus to this place in 1920. The language is complicated, thousands of symbols were forced into my face the day I reached four, and I was to memorise each one and write them all. Grandfather told me of how Grandmother was almost poisoned by vicious eunuchs in a plot, so we were moved north, to a place on the outskirts of Shaotai. Here we were granted a palace based on Kanadorikan architecture, and legions of our own servants, who would help us with learning Zheng, the language of this place. My tutor, Zhang Jin, had arranged characters into bands that I would learn as I grew older. He started with the “most important” character, being 支, being Zhi, the name of the Dynasty of this place. The oldest living Dynasty in our planet, and friends to Kanadorika during the Great War. In the long winter months, it was difficult to go outside and to see, so I was encouraged to study for school. School was difficult, I was watched constantly by the other children, who saw me as a foreigner, an eccentric. I was the only boy with white complexion in the class, and the teacher would speak to me afterwards every class to ensure I understood everything, and generally treating me better than the other students. The other students resented this, and usually refused to talk to me. I was instructed to not say my family name, and use the name “Zhao Han (赵汉)” to disguise my identity in the society of Zhi. This society came with strict rules, and stricter punishments. The Zhi Legal Code prescribed beatings for minor infringements and stressed total obedience to the family and to the state. I occasionally heard father and grandfather talking about the tightening of the Legal Code since 1923, but I didn’t care to listen further.

Zhang Jin helped me frequently with schoolwork, but today was different. It was snowing heavily, and Grandfather called Zhang to the living room, and I pressed my ear against the door, hearing Grandfather bark at Zhang and maid Ju that “He is coming to visit, get this house in order, right away.” I had no idea who “He” was, but Zhang and Ju quickly ran to start cleaning. Grandfather waited in the living room, as Zhang ran into me. He was stressed, quickly ordering me around, more firm than usual.
“Zhao. Get your noble clothes on, don’t make a fool out of me for tutoring you, and shame your grandfather by making us look like bad educators. Then stay out of sight, we will be having an extremely important meeting, I will be up to assist you with schoolwork once we have finished the meeting.”

I nodded and my mother remained inside the living room, as Zhang started to give further instructions to my familial elders.

“When he arrives, everyone, with the exception of the Great Shang, must kowtow. Kowtowing demonstrates obedience and submission to the rightful authority of the capital, it is the mark of civilisation over barbarism. Follow Maid Ju’s lead and kowtow, so you do not embarrass your family when he arrives. He will judge you based on your manners and courtesy. He has every right to punish you as if he was your father. He may not be questioned, or disobeyed.”

I wondered who “he” was, as I pushed my ears against the door once more. Returning to my room, I began practicing calligraphy, writing my favourite poem out from a book until I memorised the characters. Downstairs I heard the scraping of tables and chairs being moved frantically. Turning my attention to the deep winter snow, I watched as the snow pounded the ground, graceful yet relentless. This went on for about half an hour, till I noticed a bright light in the distance, and the galloping of horses as it came closer. Four horses carried two carriages and a sedan chair. It was draped in magnificent gold and extravagant silver with detailed paintings. It finally stopped outside of my house, and several men in uniform got out of their carriages. They were followed by two men, one wore an elaborate red robe, the other a more simple blue robe, that of a minister. The blue robed man signalled to someone, and a final man emerged from the Sedan chair. This man wore almost completely gold, but with a red hat, and the famous queue. He walked gracefully, followed by a beautiful woman who wore gold, red and white, she was overshadowed by the man. The man in red robes took a deep breathe in, and exclaimed

“皇上到来!” (Huang Shang daolai, His Majesty the Emperor arrives!)

Knowing who the man was now, I was not satisfied to stay in my room and practice for schoolwork, I bolted downstairs, and watched through the door. When Huang Shang entered our home, all the maids, my mother, even my sister shouted in unison “Greetings and good fortune to Huang Shang!” In Zheng, unlike our normal manner of speaking inside the house. They then all kowtowed, like we would do in school in the mornings. They repeated the ritual three times, the only one who remained standing was Grandfather, who stood as he normally did. Huang Shang responded to their kowtow

“All rise. It is a pleasure to see you, Great Shang, and all of your family. Do not let my intrusion distract you from your work, it is of critical importance that I speak to the Great Shang, your grandson Zhao, and his tutor Zhang. Where is your grandson?”

As he commanded all to rise, everyone said “Thank you, Huang Shang!” In a respectful manner. They dispersed as he implied, but I fell over at the mention of my name, through the door in view of Huang Shang, my Grandfather and Zhang. They all turned towards me, and Grandfather looked about to scream at me, before Huang Shang had the beautiful woman help me up. She didn’t talk, but Huang Shang was happy to acknowledge me.

“Ah, there you are, Zhao. It is a pleasure to finally meet you. I am a good friend of your Grandfather.” I stood in awe at the sheer idea that Huang Shang, the master of the entire nation, had come to visit our family. I took a moment to admire his robes up close, the Dragon Robe is very famous, but it’s beauty could not be adequately described in history books. I was so taken aback that I did not kowtow. I scrambled to do so, as he spoke. “I see you are not one for courtesy. This is fine, The heirs to the Great Shang are immune to our punitive courtesy laws. How goes your studies? Your ability to read our language will be vital to your future.”

I stuttered slightly in my reply, showing my obvious shyness, before getting a hold of myself and remembering my favourite poem.

“Huang Shan-g, I… - My studies have been going okay, I was just reading an idiom I like.
Xi Shi sinks fish, Wang Zhaojun entices birds into falling, Diaochan eclipses the moon, Yang Guifei shames flowers. It means the power and beauty of women.” I was proud that I remembered all of that, and a smile grew on Huang Shang’s face as I recited it. The beautiful woman on the side who had remained silent had her face glow red.

“Very well done. I remember reciting that idiom to my Noble Consort Xi, this wonderful woman here. Her name was named after Xi Shi in honour of her beauty. Brings me to the most important thing for you. Xi, could you bring me the pictures?” I stumbled to bow before Noble Consort Xi, and Xi pulled out four pictures of girls, giving them to me, with her golden finger guards. She began speaking herself.

“You are about to receive a great honour, from Huang Shang’s personal graces. I hold before you, four pictures of beautiful girls from across our nation, you will pick two of them to hold in holy matrimony for your entire life. One, your primary consort, and a second as your secondary consort, both will serve you and raise your children.” As she showed pictures of the girls, her golden finger guard tapped against each one, making a relaxing sound as it touched the metallic frame. “This is Princess Geheng of the Buhabi Family. High nobility to the Yuan, of extremely high privilege and prestige for the Yuan people. Her family crafted the Yuan Imperium. She is twelve years old, and she enjoys horse riding. Generally free spirited, but I’m sure we can fix that. She is of the Yuan heritage. Next, is young Haja, of the Yere Clan. The daughter of the powerful Yere Clan in our arctic territories, and famous for their relationship with Etharian Mammoths, the Yere Clan are a fine Weishun clan who represent our nation well. She is nine years old, and is well respected as a member of her clan. Finally, the girl Jiao, of the Ji Dynasty. Not very popular with our aristocracy, the Ji family are responsible for the Taiqing scourge almost a century ago. She is included to appease the reformists and the Zheng peoples. We keep her in the gilded cage in ” I was taught about the Taiqing rebellion last month, and while it was long, it was bloody. I imagined myself as a reformist, when playing outside with sticks, like swords. I didn’t know the family that started the revolt still existed. Evidently the Zhi only punished the man’s immediate successors. I pondered my choices for a few moments, analysing each girl with a combination of confusion, shock and anticipation. The girl Haja was given the most beautiful hair decorations to go with the best hair. The frame around her was a much better gold. I estimated that they were leading me towards this girl. This thought went through my mind as I looked up at my grandfather, who looked sad. Like a man losing a treasure. He placed a hand on my shoulder and said to me in a quiet, but hard voice, clearly directing my choice.

“Though I denied the suggestion of marrying women from the Zhi, I respect that it is your time to do so, as agreed in the terms of my refuge here.” He glared slightly at Huang Shang, I didn’t understand what he meant, but I didn’t get much time to consider, as his eyes were back on me in a flash. The Ji girl would be a very wise choice, Zhao. Look at her lighter hair, and her family history is a lot more recent and easier for you to understand. You were taught about the Taiqing rebellion very recently, were you not?” I nodded quickly in deference. “Also, look at her facial structure. Very good symmetry and would be very soft. She was also apparently very obedient and submissive, as she naturally ought to be, especially contrasted by the Yuan girl.” I took my grandfather’s words on, and nodded.

“I thank Huang Shang for his grace. I select Jiao to be the primary consort, and Haja as secondary.” Huang Shang’s eyes slightly sharpened, and his mouth contorted slightly, showing his teeth for a moment. “Very well, we shall contact Jiao’s family and arrange the wedding. I wish you eternal happiness together. Haja will be curious of your decision. Now, could you let me and your grandfather some more boring national politics?” I agreed swiftly. “Yes, Huang Shang.”

I walked outside, and pressed my ear against the door, trying to listen to the more private discussion between Huang Shang and Grandfather. Immediately Huang Shang turned towards Grandfather, and began talking in a somber tone.

“I suspect you’ll have heard the news by now. The Demons in Fantian have launched a surprise attack on the Kanadorikan fleet. We do not know the casualties as of yet. We have been at war with Fantian for some time now, but I fear an escalation in the war.”

My Grandfather sighed, and walked towards his seat, and began drinking his cooling tea.

“Radhikvia was so bold as to attack Kanadorika? Why does Huang Shang fear an escalation? Huang Shang now holds all the cards. Radhikvia is now at your mercy, with both of the world powers breathing down its neck, ready to strangle the baby in the cradle.”

Huang Shang laughed haughtily. “The Great Zhi winning the war was never a concern to my Court. We do not wish the total uprooting of the Fantian society and governmental structure, that would come after a full invasion by Kanadorikan forces. The King of Fantian must be defended from foreigners, and educated in an acceptable way, after we neuter his imperialistic ambitions. Zhi will be the shield of the East in perpetuity, as the only entity capable of warding off the colonial ambitions of those who seek to infringe sovereignty.”

Grandfather, who I could feel was radiating with anger at the manner in which Huang Shang described his people, began talking in a more combative way. Forgetting to use the proper address, “And I’m sure the Great Zhi would never harbour such ambitions. When the Banners marched into current Qingyuan, Yingcha, Nanyuan, and put dissenters to death, expanded the domain of the Celestial Empire under the direct edict of Fanxi, to ‘Exterminate the Yuan Rats!’ did the Zhi not also have colonial ambitions then? Or in the retaliations after the Yuan again defied your rule, when you butchered millions, the families of those who joined the revolts in any capacity? An Emperor does not lie, as your old idioms go. Do not try to decieve me. I don’t believe for one second that you wouldn’t impose the harshest of punishments on Radhikvia, or execute thousands.”

Tension now flowed through the room, as Huang Shang seemed to ponder a response. I shuddered, thinking about the punishment he could inflict on our family for the insults Grandfather laid upon him. It felt like a few minutes before Huang Shang replied, in a much more calm tone, like one’s father would speak in, once they had given up and would leave their child to their fate. “I understand that the incident with your wife has strained your relationship with the Celestial Throne and it’s apparatus. I cannot separate myself from it like I once did. I cannot change your perspective, I come to inform you of these delicate political matters and fulfil your end of the agreement made twenty years ago to this day.” He turned to Consort Xi. “Xi, we are leaving. We are done here, make the appropriate arrangements for Zhao’s marriage to Jiao and Haja.”

The man in red, who I deduced was the chief eunuch, went outside, and shouted “Huang Shang Departs!” and I watched a parade of soldiers escort their master out of my house and back into the cold. I would remember this meeting for the rest of my life, little did I know that my choices here were ultimately pointless, the Empire would profit from the integration of it’s “honoured guests” and in a few generations, my family would be assimilated into Zhi completely, or pushed out of sight. My entire life would lead to a propaganda show for the Imperial Court’s constant machinations to stay in power. I would be locked in a gilded cage with beautiful wives, but I would realise too late that I would pay the price of these pleasures with the legacy of my family.
The Celestial Empire of Michu. Qing China with simplified characters, Manchu and a British Westminster system.

支配鲲朝和米楚帝国
My Politics IRL
    Monarchism
    Capitalist (Austrian)
    Christianity

神圣皇后万岁万岁万万岁
Empress live for 10,000 years!

Khaw Si Khaw
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Yuan Wars part 2

Postby Khaw Si Khaw » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:41 pm

The State of the War
With the Airborne’s Initial Success in securing the Bridges for the Territorials the Crown has Authorized the Full Scale Invasion of the Khanate, including Full Air support using indigenous Close Air Support Craft and Kanadorikan made Bombers, this display of Air Power against the Khanate’s Military Assets, crippling the Khanate’s ability to properly respond to the rapidly developing situation, as a result the majority of the Fuel Depots and all of the Airbases within the Western Side of the Khanate were destroyed or at the least heavily damaged. In response to this intense invasion the Khanate decided to pull a retaliatory strike against Chaiama, the Principality’s Capital. In this dastardly attack against the most righteous several bombers flew over the Royal Palace and one of the released their payload on it, causing severe damage and putting the Prince at risk, it was unclear if the attempted Assassination of the Prince was the purpose of this operation as the other bombers released their payloads on industrial and civilian assets. The Head of the Air Force and the Territorials were enraged by the Khanate’s dastardly operation and decided that this slight against the Principality would not go without a greater response. Field Marshall Apsara, the (female) Commander of the Territorial Korp declared this was now no longer a simple conventional war but a struggle to the death between the Righteous Principality and the Embodiment of Sin, the Khanate. The Commander of the Air Force and by extension the Airborne Forces described the situation as turning into a War of Annihilation and that he intend to obliterate the Khanate and it’s people who were by nature needlessly aggressive. This one event would become the start of what future historians would call the Yuan Wars, the bloodiest series of Conflicts in the Principality’s nearly one thousand year long history. After the initial drops the Twenty First Airborne Division participated in a three day long grounded offensive further into the land of the Khanate despite the extreme exhaustion and the lack of supplies on the part of the Airborne. For their actions in the initial Airborne Assaults Strasser was promoted to the Rank of Major, becoming the Commander of the Twenty First’s Airborne, Seventh Regiment’s, Third Battalion’s, First Company, quite a major promotion (Pun very much intended). Meanwhile the Junior Lieutenant Strasser was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant. The War progressed through the end of Summer, then Fall hit, it was during this period where the campaign began to bog down as the Principality’s supply lines became longer and the Khanate was fighting for their life, the Airborne continued to help the Territorials on the ground as there was no advantageous time to do so. As Summer turned to Fall all the Territorials and even the Paratroopers were given balaclavas (one slot for the eyes kind) as to keep their faces warm and also their identity’s a secret. As the war advanced once populous population centers of both high and low density became ghost towns, everyone knew what was happening but no one wanted to talk about, except for the dogmatically loyal units who are performing these Operations. As the push continued from Autumn, Strasser had gotten deployed to the hardest sector of fighting upon which he was promoted to the Rank of Captain, being transferred to the Command of the Third Company of the Battalion. Despite the grinding nature of the War so far Victory was finally in sight! The Final Victory is in sight, quite literally in this case! For after the Months of Brutal Fighting the Khanate had been pushed out from all provinces except for the Capital Region bordering the Zhi Dynasty. The Forward Pioneers and Mechanized Forces can see the outskirts of the Capital as it is only Nine Miles Away, this, this is the opportune time to attack. Field Marshall Apsara has devised a plan to encircle the capital city to ensure our deniable victory against the Khanate’s Forces. This envelopment to strangle the Capital City from behind shall be named Operation Undeniable Victory, the largest Airborne Operation in the Principality’s History as the entire Airborne Korp is jumping for this, the plan is to drop the Airborne in a half circle pattern to prevent escape of enemy forces or reinforcements to the Capital as the Territorial’s Armored Korp has already finished the other half circle encirclement. Once this endeavor has been taken the Capital should be hours within a matter of hours as the Territorial Infantry are already slowly squeezing into the City Proper. After the jump the Airborne are to assault the city to keep up the pressure on the enemy.

For this Operation Commissars of a recently established Government Commission shall be joining both the Airborne and the Territorials. These Commissars come from the Commission for the Purification of the Khanate, or the CPK for short. According to rumors from the troops the CPK are the ones responsible for the Ethic Cleansing of the land after the Ground Forces secures the region. The Officers of the CPK do not take that much and do not comment on such rumors, the High Command has also not commented on their official purpose in this operation and in the war in general. The High Command has issued Order 24601, stating that the CPK holds Tactical and Strategic Authority over both the Territorial Korp and the Airborne, that all Men of both Enlisted and Officers must listen to the Commissars as their authority is directly from the Crown and the Joint Command. If this operation goes as planned this war will be over by Christmas.

Chaychna Air Force Base Runway, 10:00
You stand on the side of the runway, in front of the barracks behind you as you stare at the near afternoon sun, as you watch the serene blue sky contrasting with the radiating sun you hear some footsteps coming from behind you. You would turn around to see a Female Commissar, in a modified Airborne Uniform of a CPK Officer, casually stroll over to you, her hands held behind her back. She was both young and beautiful, seemingly in her early to mid Twenties. She walks as if she was of high stature, perhaps she has ties to the royal family, you think to yourself as she stops at your left side. You have a good four inches on her as she is only around five feet five inches, she stares at the planes starting their final diagnostics checks for a few second before looking up at you. “I finally get to meet you in personal, Major.” The Commissar would speak up, her voice dignified and clear in its manner and characteristics. “I am your attached Commissar, sorry about me not being at the briefing last night. . . I got called to a last second meeting of my own.” You would smile towards her softly as you would say. “It’s okay, I’m sure you are a busy woman.” She would smile back before offering you her hand. “My name is Chantana Chao-Fah, it is a pleasure to met you Major.” You would grasp her hand and shake it firmly, her leather glove making a contrast in texture between it and your bare hand. “My name is Tha-“ She would cut you off almost immediately. “I already know, I read your file. Both you and your unit have proven to be quite useful in the past few months.” She would say before placing her hand back with her other behind her back. You would nod before examining her uniform and way of dress. “You are jumping with us?” You would ask with audible confusion and concern in your voice. “If I may be so frank to say then I may say that you dress like you in the back line with the reserves forces or even the military police rather than in the front.” You add on as you await a answer. The Commissar would nod seem to have a hint of being offended by your question and your later comment, rather than she smiles. “I will indeed be jumping with you, Major. I was with the Seventh Airborne in the Nihunish Sector after all.” The Young Woman would say with audible pride as you would shrug, still somewhat concerned about her safety. “Okay then. . . Damn, the seventh?” She would nod. “Yes Sir, Seventh Airborne Division until I got assigned to the CPK just a month ago.” You would look over to her with curiosity “Isn’t the Seventh Airborne still in Nihunderland under the REF (Royal Expeditionary Force)?” The Commissar would nod. “Yeah they still are, helping put those dastardly Nihunish Down for good.” You would nod towards her. “That means you are pretty valuable to the Commission (for the Purification of the Khanate) if they would transfer you out of the Seventh at a times like this.” You would see that the Commissar would have a visible smirk on her face upon your statement. “Perhaps, but it doesn’t particularly matter since the Intervention is on its last stage, not much is needed for stepping on the throat the of a dead man.” She responds to you, smiling a tad as she refers to how Nihunderland is on its last breath. “I suppose you are correct about that.” You would say before looking at your watch and then the planes that shall carry you to your drop zone. “A hour until we go onto those death traps . . . “ You would say with audible mistrust towards the planes. The Commissar would look at you with visible confusion. “Something wrong with them? Me and the Seventh haven’t had any bad experiences with them.”

You would nod, still staring at the Kanadorikan designed Transport Air Craft. “I suppose you can say that. . . “ You would say, not breaking your gaze from the craft as you made a one hundred and eighty degree turn towards the barracks. “Anyways, I’ll get the boys ready.” You would say to the Commissar before swinging open he door to the barracks. The Commissar would let out a light giggle as she would remain outside to presumably watch over the fueling and the last minute diagnostics of the Aircraft before they would be flight worthy for this operation.

What felt like two hours but what was in actually two dozen minutes would pass as your would make sure that all of your men of the Company were ready for this, both emotionally and in the terms of equipment, checking with your Lieutenants and your Sergeants to ensure that they went over the plan in detail with the enlisted men of their respective Platoons. Soon you would gather everyone of the platoon for a last second meeting, standing on a literally soapbox you would begin. “Men, I am not gonna sugarcoat this for you. This will probably be the deadliest operation in the Airborne’s history. They enemy know we are coming, every single Anti Aircraft Gun is gonna be aimed at the sky today in a attempt to drive us away from our objective, but we are the Airborne, this is what we trained for. We we the first to be on enemy soil and we will end this war, for it is the Airborne who is the greatest organization of this War!”

You could audible observe how the men are getting hyped up. You would nod to yourself, hopefully the adrenaline keeps them going at least a little while after the drop. “Now come on Airborne, we got a war to end!” You would say as the men of the Company would pour out of the barracks into the runway of the crowded Air Force base. You would follow after them, being the last one to leave the barracks, you sigh to yourself as you know most of these boys will not be coming come back from this operation. You would then walk out, closing the door behind you, there waiting for you would be the Commissar, leaning against the wall of a crate. “Looks like you got the boys rallied up.” She would say with audible amusement in her tone of voice. You would look over to the runway where the men of your company are all climbing into the transport planes. You would smile before looking back over to her. “I guess you can say that.” You would let out a light chuckle before strapping on your helmet and walking over to your designated Transport Plane. The sound of feet behind you would echo as the Commissar would follow after you, you two would then climb into the transport plane and take your seats, of course you two sit at the front since you are both officers, the commissar sitting directly to your left, closer to the door. The engines would start up as the Commissar would strap on a Airborne helmet of her own, you would look over at her pack and see that she has a Kanadorikan made and designed Type 65 Ambi Rifle also known as the Gevher 49, instead of the STAR 64, Standard Territorial Ambi Rifle.you would give her a curious look before she looks over to you, visibly confused. “You okay there?” She would ask you, having a confused tone in her voice. You would quickly nod before stating. “I am just surprised to see the Type 65 here.” She would let out a light giggle. “Why? Not your type?” She would ask playfully at you as you would once again shake your head. “I mean it’s a good rifle, but I would have assumed you would have gone with something more indigenous. . . Or lighter.” You would say as she isn’t exactly of the strongest build. “What you don’t think a girl like me can handle a big rifle like this? This rifle has been with me since it was introduced to the REF (Royal Expeditionary Force), (it) has saved me many time so yeah I prefer it. Plus, the Caliber is bigger than your STARs.” She seemed to get pretty defensive about her rifle, it isn’t actually all that uncommon for members of the Royal Expeditionary Force to be attacked to their Type 65s as it was many a firsts’ Ambi Rifle so you understand where she is coming from, especially with the bigger caliber. “I guess.” You would say, trying to seem indifferent about it. You would look around the plane’s hull and see your men, they all seem pretty hyped out this operation, a lot of them have been with you since the start of the War in April and many more are green, having just been rushed through training to get ready for this sole operation. You would sigh to yourself upon thinking on the casualties as the plane would cease taxing and begin takeoff, the plane ascending into the air as you take one last look out the window of the transport.

12:00, 14 Miles Behind Enemy Lines
What would feel like Eight hours to you would pass as the hype and enthusiasm of the men still hasn’t died down at all, the men were all hearty, many singing military songs while others were checking equipment. Soon you would feel the plane would start violently shaking as the roar of Anti Aircraft Artillery shells filled the sky. You look out the window and see the Air Fleet also taking heavy Anti Aircraft Fire, the neighboring transport aircraft getting hit with a blast, setting its engines on fire, causing its altitude to decrease. You would look back to your men who inhabit the hull of this transport and needless to say they are pretty shaken (pun not intended). You would look back through the window and attempt to see the ground to see if you are near the drop zone but you can’t tell with your naked eye. You would look back as you would hear someone step up from their seat and start walking, you would see the Commissar walking over to the cockpit of the Transport Plane. You would follow after her, wondering what plan she has if she indeed even has one. You would enter the cockpit as the plane would violently rumble again, the Co Pilot would scream out. “Our Right propellor has caught fire!” The Cockpit would be engulfed in several very colorful curses from all the members of the flight crew, the Navigator would then notice you two and get the others to calm down for just a second. The Commissar would then speak up. “What is the current situation?!” The Pilot would speak up. “Our left wing is on fire and this bird ain’t gonna hold up for that long!” The Pilot says, having audible panic in his voice. You would be able to see that Commissar would nod before then asking. “How far away are we from the drop zone.” The Navigator would flip through some papers with calculations and then quietly mumble to himself inaudibly before answering. “Around Five Minutes Ma’am!” The Pilot would tell out. “The Engines can only keep going for at most four minutes!” The Commissar would let out a sigh before calmly asking the pilot and co pilot. “Would it be possible for you to be able to glide the plane to the drop zone.” “UHHHHHHHH” The Pilot would look over at the Co Pilot before talking in such a quick pace that you can not understand, the co pilot would then look at you as the pilot focuses on flying the plane. “Yes, Yes, yes we can. Although it will make us a easier target for AA Fire and it is gonna be a very bumpy landing.” The Commissar would then nod towards the flight crew and state. “That is fine.” She would calmly state before walking out of the Cockpit to the hull of the Plane, you would soon follow after her as the cockpit once again turned into a quagmire of shouting and loud cursing. Once both of you two were out of the cockpit and in the hull proper the Commissar would cross her arms and say to you “You might wanna let your boys know they don’t need the jump gear anymore.” You would give her a very tired nod before stepping in front of her and getting the attention of your men. “Okay men, I got good news and bad news!” One of the enlisted me would yell out. “What is the good news?!? The engine is on fire!” You would respond almost immediately. “We are still getting to our drop zone!” The engines trying to keep up mixed with the sound of Anti Air Artillery shells exploding makes it so that you have to tell. The next second another enlisted man would yell out. “What is the good news sir?” The enlisted man sounds quite panicked by this. You would let out a light sigh before yelling. “It is gonna be a crash landing!” There is a collective groan from everyone in the hull. “So hold onto something and don’t get out of your seats!” You would order before both you and the Commissar would return to your seats. The most hellish five minutes of your life would begin, the hail of anti aircraft shells would continue as the screeching of the engine would begin as it would start to give out, miraculous no more hit you directly but they sure do keep rattling the plane with no end. After what would feel like a hour the screeching of the engines would stop as the engines would be out of actions, everyone on the plane would be able to feel as the plane loses significant momentum and lift. You would look around the hull and you would be able see some men making prayers, a couple panicking, one hyperventilating, but the grand majority would be able to keep their cool. Soon the plane would start descending at a alarming rate as you would yell out. “Brace for impact!” Everyone in the hull would brace as two dozen seconds go by before you would be thrown out of your seat as the crash landing occurs, getting thrown against the ceiling of the plane before falling to the floor. You would raise up your head which feel like it’s splintering as you see some other people on the floor but the good Fifty Five Percent of the men managed to remain in their seats. You would pull yourself up to your feet and let out a sigh of relief. “Is everyone okay?!?” You would yell out as everyone on the floor would groan and attempt to themselves up, the people on their seats getting out and helping them up onto their feet. You would get varying answers from yes, to yeah, to I’m okay. No one seemed to be that hurt, maybe a bit bruised up but not injured. You yourself would would a couple scrapes, scratches, and bruises on your face due to being thrown around like a rag doll. You would nod upon receiving the answers before noticing the Commissar getting out of her seat and walking over to the cockpit of the former flight worthy transport aircraft. You would follow after her and enter the cockpit, seeing a big whole in the windshield as the pilot is missing but the rest of the flight crew is sprawled around the cockpit, knocked out. You would then approach the broken windshield and immediately notice that you appear to almost in a park on the outskirts of the capital city itself, after a couple more seconds of looking around you see the pilot impaled on a tree branch via the head. Unfortunately the crash propelled him out of the window and into that tree branch, killing him instantly, you rationalize to yourself. You would let out a sigh, finding a small bit of peace that he didn’t not have a slow death. You would then look back at the unconscious crew members that are scattered around the floor of the cockpit and yell out. “Medic!” A medic would then run past the Commissar who is near the entrance of the cockpit and immediately get to work on the crew of the plane. You would then walk out of the cockpit, followed by the Commissar who remains quiet about this whole situation. The men are beginning to pour out of the hull of the downed aircraft and into the outside, you would soon follow after them but first grabbing your gear alongside the Commissar. You would walk out, the afternoon sun pouring it’s rays of light onto you at a great intensity. You would look up to the clear blue sky and see thousand upon thousands of parachutes descending from the sky from and thousand a OC transport aircraft flying over head, being met with Anti Aircraft Fire as they fly over the city proper. You would rack the charging handle of your Ambi Rifle before yelling “Okay men! This is it! We are gonna meet up with the Third Company to secure the encirclement, once the Territorials come to relive us we are gonna begin to assault the City itself!” Despite the truely unfortunate rough landing the Men would begin cheering and getting hyped again. You would then make your way to the other end of the park, closer to the city, you at the head of the movement alongside the Commissar. The match would mostly be pretty uneventful for the first fifteen minutes before you a paratrooper from a transport plane overhead drops alongside enough men to form a squad forty feet in front of you. This is quite weird as other units are supposed to be to your flanks and not directly in front of you. You would pick up the speed of your jog as to get to them faster, soon you would and upon seeing you they would salute, the one with the highest rank would address you. “Hello Major, Junior Lieutenant Chanusai reporting!” The Junior Lieutenant would seem to be around nineteen years of age, he would say with the enthusiasm of youth, his unit ensign would not be of the Twenty First Airborne but rather that of the Seventh Airborne Division. You would then ask the young lad “Why in God’s name is the Seventh dropping here? You guys are supposed to be at least a few miles out.” the Junior Lieutenant would seem confused. “Sir, is this joy drop zone 35C?” You would almost immediately shake your head. “No, this is 7D Lieutenant.” The Junior Lieutenant would look embarrassed, not being able to form words for a few seconds. “Oh. . . Can we link up with your until we find your unit?” You would reluctantly nod before stating. “Yeah, just remain at the front with me.” The Young Junior Lieutenant would nod before he and his squad joins you in the front guard actions. The monotonous march would continue towards the meeting place as you wondered to yourself why it was only one squad that of the Seventh that had jumped out of the plan, perhaps everyone else on board was too injured to jump, you didn’t get a good luck at the aircraft so you can not really be too sure yourself. Around a dozen minutes later you would hear some noise coming from a nearby hedgerow, concealing whatever was making that noise. You would look over to everyone at the leading group you are in and would direct them via hand movements to move into a nearby bush to take cover, the leading group would direct the groups behind them to the ditch. Soon it would only be you still on the path as everyone else has taken cover in the ditch. You would kneel down, raising your Ambi Rifle, pushing it into your shoulder as you take aim at the hedgerow. Some more noise would come from it as you would slowly place your finger on the trigger, then the maker of the noise would pop out of the hedgerow. For it was another Paratrooper of the Sergeant Rank, he seemed to be be of the age of just out of high school, he has the Type 64 Machine Pistol attached to this body via a one point sling. He would see you, aiming your Ambi Rifle directly at him. He would spring his hands in the Air. “Sergeant Lui, Twenty First Airborne, First Company, Second Platoon, don’t shoot!” The Young lad would say with audible panic in his tone of voice. You would take your index finger off of the trigger system of your Ambi Rifle and would stand up, lowering your Ambi Rifle as you did so. A couple seconds later more paratroopers would walk out of the hedgerow, they were all enlisted men or at the most of the non commissioned Officer Ranks, in total there were about Forty Men in all. You would sigh as the situation of this once simple operation seems to keep running into road block after road block. “What in God’s name happened?” You would ask towards the Youthful Sergeant and ask “Well. . . Umm . . . Both the Second’s and Third’s Platoon (transports) were shot down by Triple A (Anti Aircraft Artillery) Fire, our officers were killed in the crash, then we (the second and third platoon) linked up and began looking for you guys (the first platoon).” You would have a controllable urge to rip out all of your hair. All of the Commissioned Officers of both the Second and Third Platoon were dead, you knew it was gonna get bad at certain points but this has just barely begun. You would hold your temper and just look at the Sergeant and state. “Fall in at the rear, we are gonna keep moving.” The Sergeant would give a salute before leading the remainders of the Second and Third Platoon. You would continue to press on with what remains of your Company, the hard wintery ground allowing completely sturdy movement of your column. The Commissar would look over to you. “You okay there Major?” You would nod, taking a couple seconds to respond. “Yeah. .” She would look back good the path. “If you say so . . .” She would say while stretching her left arm over her head. Not pushing you on the subject any further. The waking would continue for around thirty minutes before you would spot something around four hundred yards ahead, with your naked eye you could see at least seven figures in the distance and a tent from the looks of it. You would get the column to stop as you would then take out your Binoculars, looking through the glass magnification as you would get a clearer picture at them, they were Paratroopers. You couldn’t really tell their unit but they were paratroopers of your side. You reasoned that they were probably of the Third Company (Strasser’s Unit). You would signal to your unit to keep moving, and so would you and your Company do, after a few minutes of waking you would see a figure wave at you, recognizing your as the First Company, as you would get closer you would recognize him as Strasser, Captain Strasser in fact. Eventually you two would come face to face. “We’ll it is about time you lot showed up, we have been waiting for you.” Strasser would say half jokingly as he would reach out his hand towards you. “It is good to see you again, Major.” Strasser would say with a smile and genuine happiness in his voice. You would smile back and shake the Captain’s hand. “So, where have you guys been?” Strasser would ask while his Officer’s direct your men to some positions where they can rest for a few. You would sigh as you respond. “My Transport (first Platoon) made a crash landing, second and third platoon got shot down and the only survivors are enlisted and sergeants.” Strasser would sigh “That is a shame, really is. . . “ You would nod, you were expecting heavy Triple A Fire & planes getting shot down but you would have never thought it was gonna happen to your Unit. “How about you?” You would ask towards Strasser. The Captain would scratch the back of his head before answering . “Well, besides almost getting hit from Anti Aircraft Fire we just kinda had a normal jump, after we linked up we just marched here to wait for you guys.” Strasser would say while looking at the remnants of your First Company. You would just look up at the blue serene sky, before looking back at Strasser. “Well let us dig in, the Territorials ought to be coming.” Strasser would nod before going with some of his men, setting up a command post. Now you lot are at the very edge of the city, being able to see the tall apartments from your current location, anti aircraft positions firing on planes from ontop of those roofs.

Over the course of two hours the combined forces of the First and Second Company begin to entrench themselves in foxholes and some trenches, having set up a command and communications post that is where you are, planning with the other officers on how the assault into the city will go once they Territorials come to take your position. For an hour you help formulate a plan, the sound of bombers and artillery bombardments against the city not phasing you as it has burst become the background noise of your life over the past fee months. You eventually get the plan finalized, it being to cut into the city inch by inch, clearing every house of every neighborhood until you meet up with the Territorials fighting the grueling urban battle in the city center. All of the Officers agree on the plan as they huddle around a makeshift Command Post, the Junior Lieutenant of the Seventh, Chanusai, would raise his hand and ask. “What do we do about Prisoners and Civilians, Major?” You would clear your throat to speak, but before you would be able to the Commissar would raise her voice. “You execute them!” She had a fervour in her voice that you had never heard from her before. The Junior Lieutenant would be shocked. “I beg your Pardon Commissar?!?!” The Young Junior Lieutenant would say, unable to believe what he was hearing. The Commissar would raise her voice even more towards the Junior Lieutenant. “You heard me (Junior) Lieutenant, this is a war, a total war!” Chanusai would shake his head, in disbelief. “I can’t believe this, these are the non combatants we are talking about!” He would say, slamming his hand down against the table. “This is ridiculous!” He would say before looking back at the Commissar. “You will follow this order under the Authority of Directive 24601, or you will be shot, Lieutenant!” The Junior Lieutenant would hold his words. “Understood. . . Commissar. . .” He would give a quick salute and walk out of the Command Tent, very much angry about this whole situation. The room would be filled with silence for half a dozen seconds before you yourself would speak up after clearing your throat. “That will be all, inform your men of the plan.” You would order before stepping out of the makeshift Command Area, you would make your way over to the radio area where two enlisted men are huddled around a radio, one of them having a headset plugged into it while the other is writing stuff down. The one with the headset would be quietly talking to the one, seemingly directing him to write down whatever he said. The one with the headset would notice you and frantically call over to you. “Major! Major!” He would say with much panic in his voice as he would replace the clamp of the headset from his left ear. You would look over to him, concerned about what this might be. “Yes Private?” You would say as you would turn over to him, giving him your undivided attention. “Sir, the relief force should be here with forty five minutes but aerial observers have alerted us that at least a platoon Defenders are gonna make a break out attempt from the Blockade in our sector.” The Enlisted man would say with great pace and panic in his voice, speaking so fast that he was almost out of breath, almost going blue in the face. You would nod towards him. “Any idea when the breakout will be attempted?” You would ask the Private as he attempted to regain his breath. “Yes Sir! Aerial reconnaissance suggests five- maybe seven minutes Sir!” You would pat him on the shoulder. “Good man.” You would say before running out to inform the other officers and the enlisted men.

Four minutes have passed, everyone had taken their defensive position and according to your knowledge everyone is where they are supposed to be. At the moment you sit in a foxhole with Strasser, grenades dug into the side walls of the foxholes as to allow to easy access. The foxhole is deep enough for you two to keep yourselves covered, you would clutch your Ambi Rifle as you would peek over and spot thirty- maybe thirty five individuals approximately four hundred meters away, coming towards your position with great pace. You would pat Strasser over on the shoulder to signal towards him, Strasser would peek over with you and signal to the other foxholes that the enemy is on their way via the art of hand signals. Strasser would then grab his Ambi Rifle and dig it into the dirt to get a stable firing position, with that you would take your own Ambi Rifle and lay the wooden handguard on the dirt, standing up upright as you would pull the stick of the rifle into your shoulder, taking aim at the figures closing in. You would then place your index finger on the Ambi Rifle’s trigger mechanism, lining up the sights at the most forward towards you figure. You would succeed in this and shit your left eye in order to get a better sight picture of the enemy, as they approached closer you can see they were not wearing any uniform of the Territorials or the Paratroopers, confirming them of the Khanate. You would wait half a dozen seconds more till they were just a bit closer, looking over at Strasser for a second, he would turn over to you and nod, without any words both of you are ready to synchronize your shots. You would redirect you gaze back through your optic at the closest figure, you would slowly squeeze the trigger of your Ambi Rifle, anticipating the shot to come. Then the rifle would go off, kicking into your armpit as a single shell was ejected out of it. The figure would drop to the ground almost immediately the other figures in the group keep running for a second before stopping and looking at their comrade who had just been shot, a young combatant running over to his fallen comrade, dropping his weapon as he rushed over, but as soon as he traveled the two yards another shot would ring out from your right. Strasser having taken his shot at the opportune time, within the same second the combatant had been struck, falling to the ground himself, next to his comrade. You would then reposition your rifle to aim at the next target, shots would ring out from your adjacent foxholes, from you, and from Strasser, the monotonous & mechanical sound of a machine gun buzzing as more of the crowd would be shot down over the course of just half a minute. That was it . . . It ended just that fast. . . You would let out a sigh of relief as you would stand out of your foxhole as to provide cover in the case of any stragglers. Out from the corner of your eye you would be able to see the Commissar, alongside three enlisted personnel, running towards the scene. You would continuously scan the area to make sure there weren’t any snipers or if this was a trap. You would see nothing, eventually after nearly a minute of running the Commissar and her squad would make it to the scene of the fighting. From the distance would you be able to see her pull out her Type 30 Nine Millimeter Service Pistol and scroll the site for any survivors. You would be able to tell that she found at least one as from the integrated optical sight in the carry handle of your Ambi Rifle as she aimed her Service Pistol at a figure on the ground reaching out to her. The muzzle of her service pistol would be engulfed in a flash of light as a audible shot would ring out from her position, then she would aim the sidearm towards another figure incapacitated on the ground, of that another shot would ring out, then another, and another. You would lay your Ambi Rifle back in the hole and get comfortable, Strasser is still peaking out of the foxhole, for several minutes he would continue before crawling back into the foxhole. “That- that was um. . . kinda pathetic.” You would nod towards him. “Yeah, they probably didn’t even go through basic training. . .” You would say as you would nestle your way into a comfortable position, prepared to wait the rest of the time until the Territorials arrive in relative comfort, and so you would. Nothing would happen during your duration of this process, eventually you would hear the familiar sound of hundreds of marching boots on the cold winter ground, you would pull yourself up to peek out of your foxhole, spotting at least a least three hundred Territorials and a dozen medium tanks. You would wave over to them, relaying your position to them. They would then relive you and your men from their positions and take over the defense of the permitter, now it is time, time for the final push into the City to help oversee the end of the war.

Finally it was time, the elements of the First Company and the Third Company teary for the advance, you yourself would lead it alongside Captain Strasser and the Commissar. You and your group eventually make it into City itself. The streets and roads you walked in were filled with holes from both bomber aircraft and artillery bombardments. The City would be filled with the ever present silence, the eerie whistling of the winds, and the monotonous sound of artillery pummeling the city. Eventually you would make it towards a apartment complex overlooking the assault, from their you would set up a defensive position and provide fire support via small arms towards the Capital Building, eventually as the sun began to set you look towards the roof of the Capital building, where you would be able to see the Territorials cutting their way through the roof through your binoculars, after five more tense minutes of fighting a lone Territorial would run up with a massive flag of the state, climbing to the highest point he could as he frantically waves it in the enthusiasm.

Ninhundland
Secretary

Founded: Oct 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ninhundland » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:27 am

12 March 1940
Holberg, Anphilos Colonial Territory

Holberg, a city located on the east coast of Anphilos established as a Ninhundish Colony in 1590. One of the few left territories belonging to the Fatherland left in the new world that refused to rebel with the rest of Heerlandt. Until on the 12 of March 1940 an invasion would come from an unexpected place.

The sounds of planes could be heard from a distance with them getting closer. It must have been a drill is what most people thought. The sight just hours later of the Thenagian airforce flying straight over Holberg was shocking to say the least. This didn’t make any sense but this action was not going to be taken lightly.

Declaration of War

The Leader of the Greater Ninhundish Reich, Gerhardt Himdach upon hearing this immediately called for military assistance to Holberg.

“Earlier today the nation of Benagach has send its military illegally into Holberg. Holberg is rightfully territory of the Reich and this is an act of war. They were once a rebellious colony and if they are wanting to play these games they will learn not to fuck with us!”

Wilhelm Krämler
Airforce Pilot

It was only a matter before the battle of the skies commenced. I had been called into battle flying from an rural airbase into the centre of the conflict and to mobilize a counter attack.
“Our job is not only to regain air superiority but to launch an attack on eastern Thenagach. These are the direct orders to destroy any future threat to the Greater Ninhundish Reich from a smaller country that thinks they can fight and win by invading a colony that didn’t gain independence along with them. It is our duty as Ninhundish men to defend and fight for Ninhundland, our highest
honour. There is nothing more important!”
“Heil Himdach!”

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:10 am

Keijo Sillanpää
Prime Minister of Kanadorika
April 4, 1941
19:23
Þorláksvík (Venesia), Hvidoved, Hvidovia, Kanadorikan Republic

Official Residence of the Prime Minister of Kanadorika

Venesia's city lights shone lazily through my office's window, obscured by the general haze which hung over the streets. The ancient metropolis grew tense in these troubling times. The gleeful smiles of citizens walking down the streets were replaced by unassured frowns. Indeed, life had been difficult for the past several years since Hirvonen's murder. It seemed that instability perpetually plagued the Republic, which was doomed by weak ineffective leadership. The war was only the latest of factors contributing to the general gloom in the air, though it was by far the most powerful.

The people were aroused into a frenzy of anger and determination immediately following the attack on Faleapuna. Young men enlisted in the armed forces in numbers never seen before, ready to serve their Republic with their life. Further seizure of islands in the Nimbifer Ocean by the Radhkivkians and an Erapian bombing raid on Northurland softened the enthusiasm of the people, however every Kanadorikan still held the passion of victory deep inside their hearts.

The Residence of the Prime Minister had been located in the same building for the past two hundred years. From my window, I had a view of the city hall, a magnificent neo-gothic styled building, as well as the Fólkgarði, a public park designed in the manner of the old imperial gardens. As the building also served as my office, I took full advantage of its central location within the city. The Palace of the Parliament was only three quarters of a mile away, making commuting to sessions of Parliament a breeze. Eyjan itself was thousands of miles from any active war zone. Because of this, I was able to perform my duties unimpeded. I could lead from the halls of Parliament, not some cold and damp bunker underneath some Godforsaken hill.

A string of knocks sounded at my door, and I paused from my gaze at the city life below me to acknowledge my unexpected visitor.

"Come in good sir, I am not busy," I called out. In came one of my trusted junior foreign advisors, Wi Kang-Dae.

"Sir, I have a few updates on the Conflict in Anphilos if you can spare some time."

I ushered the young man in with a motion of my hand. "Ah yes, yes. Don't just stand there my boy, have yourself a seat." I pulled out the chair at my desk as he sat down across from me. "Would you care for a drink lad? The finest Vodka in town, I assure you."

Wi Kang-Dae politely declined. "No thank you sir."

"Ah well. I have to say you are missing out. This is some quality stuff here." I pulled out a glass and poured myself a drink. "Anyways, I believe you mentioned that you have news on Anphilos?"

"Uh, yes sir." Wi Kang-Dae quickly replied, somewhat taken aback that one of the most powerful men in the world was so casually partaking in alcohol right before him. "The Ninhundish seem to be pushing the Thenagachians out of the Ninhundish colonies. The reports of Thenagach being ill suited for this conflict have proven true."

I took a sip from the glass, savouring the crisp sensation of the vodka as it passed down my throat. "Unsurprising to say the least. The Ninhundish lack much of an ability to project force overseas, but the capabilities of the Thenagachian forces appear even less capable. Of course," I paused to take yet another drink, "...this isn't our war. We have our own circus to fight with Radhkivkia and Erapia. Nevertheless, the increased militarization of Ninhundland following their colonial conflicts is worrisome, and I fear the taste of expansion will be the only thing in their jaws when they go on the offensive against Thenagach. I appreciate the news good sir. Let us continue to monitor the situation."

"I shall your Excellency." Wi Kang-Dae stood up, nodding politely to me before he made his way back out of my office.

"Oh and one more thing. Before you go home today, tell my secretary that Mr. Sillanpää is giving you a bottle of fine liquor from his personal selection. You earned it lad. Go head on home and spend some time with your family."
Last edited by Kanadorika on Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Ninhundland
Secretary

Founded: Oct 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ninhundland » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:35 pm

Wilhelm Krämler
Airforce Pilot
2 August 1941
Endepoel, Reejaukh

It was now the chance to strike back, a chance to show them who they are dealing with. A summer blitz with clear skies, who could have asked for a better day. I was lucky able to stay cool in the cockpit as I had gotten word that the ground troops were exhausted from the intense heat of the Thenagachian summer. Being this far south in the summer where temperatures exceed 40 degrees on a regular basis is something most Ninhunders, those living back on the mainland far away from the subtropical climate of the area were used to. However this will not stop us, as to bring victory to Ninhundland was the greatest honour anyone could do. Für das Vaterland!

Karl Böhmen
General Admiral
16 September 1941
06:45
Western Medietas Ocean

The sun was barely up when I awoke as the twilight sky reflected off the clear blue waters of the Medietas. It had been a year and half since the war with Þenagach had began and we were now on the offensive since July taking back the city of Holberg and eventually the rest of the colony by early summer. The rural landscape made the war effort slow down as much of the land was undefended. It was now however time for the advancement along the coast. "Let the naval assault commence!" It was now around 07:30 with the sun shining bright with the city of Heerlandt now in site. The Thenagachian's underdeveloped navy would not be excepting this as the bombing campaigns farther north in August had thrown them off guard. The first shots have been fired and around four other ships appeared to construct a naval blockade of the city allowing troops to land swiftly.

Khaw Si Khaw
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Keaa Si Kheiyw

Postby Khaw Si Khaw » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:45 am

They call us the Pi Kil (Far Gone) Thirty Fifth Territorial Division because of how isolated we are from any reinforcements from the Homeland. The Thirty Five had been around since before the Revolution in the Great War, that was the first time we went to Epora and helped kick the Nins back across the border, well at least until the Kanadorikans collapsed into civil war. Now the Royal Expeditionary Force had been already fighting alongside the Isatoshians ever since the Nins had attacked, but it was not until the bombs dropped on Geitland and Himdach and the Fascists declared war on the Kanadorikans that this new conflict got big enough to be thought of as a Second World War.

That was the first time someone mentioned that the Thirty Fifth might become Airborne. They lined us up, asked for volunteers, for an extra fifty bucks a month we would be part of a Great Lan Na Experiment in Warfare. We would jump out of Airplanes into Combat. We would be the first to see combat. The Vanguard. We shipped off to Lapeenkoski for training. Then Hvidovia. Then Operation Far Flung in Geitland where we got shot at by a bunch of Guthics who seemed to think working with Himdach was a good idea. Then, one day, the brass came out of their briefing tent, and gathered their leaders. Then the Captains and Sergeants got their guys. Within Fifteen Minutes, word had reached every soldier in the camp. It was a joint Operation of the Trekish, Kanadorikan, and our Airborne. We were jumping into Nihunderland and we were going in first, but to get to the heart of the story we are gonna have to go back to the beginning.

23:43, June 14 1945, Chaydaen FOB, New Chaiama of Keaa Si Kheiyw
I stood up upon the watchtower, my bolt action rifle lying against the chest high wall, my binoculars hanging around my neck. My eyes eyes fixated on the border as the sounds of the base mobilizing acted as background noise, I myself barely noticed it at this point in time. The Kanadorians informed us that the Ninhundogs were gonna attack Kanadorika proper, we ourselves waited for this, planning to use it as an opportunity to attack the Nins who dared to inhabit our sacred Island, our sole colonial territory.

The Crown had given the Colonial Administration enough Autonomy for us to make our own War Time Decisions, so the Garrison had been slowly turning itself into a Offensive Force. Just last week Marshal Phya informed us that as soon as news got out we would be going on the offensive, our intelligence suggesting that the attack on Geitland should have happened by now. The clearing to the border being illuminated by a spotlight ahead of me. I looked off to the left, over the edge of my tower, seeing columns of men gathering into their Platoons, looking back there are even more upon more platoons, for this not the only base preparing, but essentially all of the City’s Garrison preparing for this offensive too, I stared at the columns and the armoured vehicles, pondering on how long this campaign might last, the Officers have guaranteed that it will be over by Chrsitmas, but I do not particularly trust that prediction.

I snapped back to reality as I heard a yell of my name.
“Parama! Get down here, news just came in, it is time!” I jetted by head downwards towards the voice, it was my Officer, Lieutenant Changhelk, he held a file underneath his armpit as his free hand would wave at me. Changhelk was like an older brother to me, having the age experience on my youthful self, Changhelk was the one who got me through Sharpshooter training. I would smile and grab my rifle, taking it from it’s lean on the wall to onto my back, hanging off my anterior via its two point sling.

I would then quickly climb down the later, its wooden yet smooth texture making a severe contrast with my rugged hands. Eventually I got to the bottom and saw a Military Police Officer standing next to the Lieutenant, the Military Police Officer with his rifle slung over his soldier, ready to take up my former position. I quickly stepped off to the side to make room for the MP to move up the ladder, and so he did, climbing up as I then turned over to the Lieutenant, giving him a salute as he would return one to me, ordering me.
“At ease Soldier.” I then ceased to salute him as I watched the Lieutenant grab the file from underneath his armpit and open it up, gesturing for me to come to him so I can see the mission details, and so I did.

I moved forward, standing upon his right side as he used his index finger to point upon a picture upon the file, it appeared a man of Nihunish Descent, he had a Officer Cap on and a medal hung around his neck.
“So this is my guy?” I asked with a questioning tone of voice. “Yup, Lieutenant General Wilhem Weiss, the Commander of the Border Garrison. According to our Intel he is in the nearby town of Nahe Stadt inspecting local defenses. Your job is to take him out, no one else is needed but it would be appreciated if you can take out a few Officers along your way to disorganize the Ninhundogs.” The Lieutenant would say nonchalantly as he would flip through the rest of the file, searching for any missing details. “I can certainly do that.” I said in a assuring voice, nodding my head as when I was younger, before I volunteered for the Territorials, I went hunting alone and explored the Nihundish Sector of the Island, learning its secret passages and lays of the land. “That is what I love to hear!”

The Lieutenant would exclaim before closing the file then presenting it to me. “You might need this and most of the sensitive information pertaining to us has been redacted so it will not matter that much if you get captured.” He would say half jokingly to you upon the last part of his sentence. I then took the file and stuffed it in the inner of my fatigues. The Lieutenant then serioused up and looked at me, placing his hand on my shoulder. “Come back alive.” I then cracked a smile before stating “Sir yes Sir.” He then lifted his hand from my shoulder and turned one hundred and eighty degrees, towards the briefing tent, beginning to walk off. It was then when I made my final preparations, making sure I had all of my equipment that I needed and attaching an optic to my Bolt Action Rifle. After all of that I made my way out of the base, going off the road as the rest of the Bases’s fighting men moved out in their columns of Platoons. Hours then passed, hours of walking, at least two it.

Slowly moving through the dense forests of island I moved as a Vanguard for the main force, eventually I found Nahe Stadt, it was when I was on the edge of the forest, I had spotted a light in the far distance down a hill. Despite my arms being severely weak due to me always keeping my rifle at the ready I trained my Rifle towards the light source. It was quite dark I knew I was on the edge of a quite steep hill so I ceased this movement, kneeling down and leaning against a three, having my Rifle rest on my knee to act as a aiming rest as I stared at the town, the light having been emitted from what seemed to be a Inn, in front of the there was a staff car visible, this confirming that the target was in there and that I would have to wait for a good shot. The eerie silence of the night was broken as I heard the sound of leaves crunching in my near vicinity, I quickly turned my head to the where I heard the source, it was there where I saw a Young Ninhundish Soldier, didn’t appear to be much older than me, probably nineteen or twenty one years of age.

The Soldier had his rifle slung over his shoulder as he searched in the opposite direction of myself. My heart was pounding as I had believed that the enemy must had already been alerted to my position, but I found a strange sort of relief as I saw the Soldier face a quite tall but thin birch tree and unzip his pants. I sat there in silence, unsure about my next course of action. If I was to just shoot the man while he had his back towards me then it would alert the entire town and thus my target to my presence, for the sounds of the Battlefield would not arrive for nearly a entire day, so I will not had been able to mask out the sound of my rifle. I also pondered about using my isdearm for this task but this would have had the same effect, perhaps a tad quieter, but not quiet enough. If I was to just let him go that would leave one more enemy for the main force to deal with, I would let out a sigh as this situation seemed to have no right answer.

Then an epiphany came to me, that of my blade, it would be silent and the only thing I would have to worry about is getting close enough to the Soldier use it, and with him currently preoccupied the only thing i would have had to worry about was to be quiet in doing so. I then decided on that course of action, slowly placing my Bolt Action upon the ground and taking the bayonet from the Rifle’s lug, holding it in my right hand I slowly rose up to my feet, taking it one step by step. Within a few seconds I was behind the man as he was talking to himself.
“Komm schon, komm schon.”

I had no idea what he was talking about but it didn’t matter. I quickly moved upon the man, like a Jaguar onto an Antelope, quickly forcing my left hand upon his mouth, pulling him into me as I would sink my bayonet into the side of his neck, not once did I jab into his vital area, quicking pulling it out I performed the ritual twice more as the man attempted to fight back but too little too late the man’s neck was obliterated, with much adrenaline I would throw the man against tree he was previously relieving his bladder upon. His head knocked against the hard bark of the white birch tree, the soldier’s blood staining it before he fell to the ground, his dead eyes staring towards me, as if asking me why I killed him post mortem. I stepped back in discomfort as I looked upon myself, his blood having spilled upon a part of my fatigues, stanening it.

Meanwhile the bayonet was absolutely drenched in the sanguine red. Grief and remorse overwhelmed me as the soldier’s lifeless eyes were still trained directly on me, I ran back to my position of where my rifle was and attempted to keep my mind off the man I just killed, keeping my eyes upon the town, looking for movement, but it was in vein as I could not keep my mind off of the soldier who was barely older than me. It was already of the darkest part of the night and I was not gonna be able to get a good shot anytime soon so I might as well lay the body at rest, or at least that is what I rationalized to myself at that point in time. I then stood back up and slowly walked over to the body of the soldier, not being able to bear to look at the eyes I kept my gaze off of there.

I quickly zipped up the Soldier’s pants to let him have some dignity post mortem. I mumbled to myself as I searched through his pockets for any identification. [/i] “Astafulliah . . .” I then pulled out of the pocket a picture, I squinted upon it to see due to the darkness. It showed of a girl, around the soldier’s age, and of the same ethnicity, I had assumed it was his wife. With that assumption I collapsed to my knees in remorse as I stuffed the picture back in his pocket. I would grab the shovel that was attached to the soldier’s pack and begin digging a grave. After nearly half a hour of work in the dead of night, the pit was finally big and deep enough, I slowly placed the body in the pit and covered it up up with the dirt, thus making a shallow grave. I then made a prayer for the Soldier’s soul, knowing that it was useless in the end but rather doing it to cool my sense of remorse rather for any practical reason. It was then when I returned to my position, this time going prone and covering myself with leaves to conceal myself, the barrel of my rifle poking out towards the entrance of the Inn. For hours I laid prone, barely moving, getting used to the cold wind of the night, hours felt like days the sun finally began to rise behind my back.

Nearly as soon as the Sun began to rise the door would swing open from the inside as a clearly distressed Junior Ninhundish Officer would run over to the Staff Car and ram their keys in the ignition, nearly two dozen seconds after them I would see my target, this was definitely Lieutenant General Weiss, he seemed quite distraught. I placed him in the middle of my optical sights and kept it trained on him as he moved to the staff car, when he stopped to open the door to the front passenger side seat I squeezed the trigger of my Bolt Action Rifle. The Rifle’s recoil would kick back into my shoulder as a shot would ring out, through my optic I saw it hit the General directly in the chest, he fell to the ground as the Staff Car would speed off, abandoning my target.

I saw the General who was on the ground reaching out towards the speeding off car. I then pulled the bolt left, then back, ejecting a 8x52rmm casing, I pushed it forward, then right to its original position, loading in a new shell. I then centered my optic at the General’s head, I then slowly squeezed the trigger until one more shot would ring out the recoil starting to become repetitive, the shot would hit true and the General’s brain matter was quite literally splattered onto the floor.

Then, just in time nearly thirty Ninhundish Soldiers would run out of the Inn and begin to frantically scan the area from where a shot could have come from. It was then when I realized that I should really get out of here, I slowly scooted back while still prone, away from the hill drop off to the cover of behind a tree. Once I was behind a tree I stood up, slung my Bolt Action over my shoulder and began to run, I ran as fast as I could have, deep deep into the forest. Eventually after what felt like an eternity of running I found the path that I had originally come from, I decided to make my way back to base so that I can rejoin my unit, wherever they may be.

The journey back to base was quite quiet in fact, it was relieving. I was finally done with my mission and the General was dead, I did a good job. I carefully made my way down the path, moving at a good pace but not rushing through so that if anyone was in the nearby area I would not make enough noise for them to be alerted to my presence, and so I walked, and walked, and walked, by this point I think you get the idea, I just walked back to base over the case of like half a day, nothing really happened, by the time I got back the Sun was setting and I was walking directly on the road when a spotlight would shine upon me, I would use my left arm to shield my eyes from the blinding light as I would hold up my other hand and wave towards the watchtower.

“Star! Star!” I yelled out out to identify myself, just a few seconds after the spotlight would flick off me and to the side, relieving my eyes from the strain of unnecessary Illumination. I then walked over to the gate, of which opened due to the work of two Military Police Officers, I walked inside, absolutely exhausted and feeling like I was gonna collapse any second now. Upon walking in I saw my Lieutenant who was talking with some other Officers, one of them having a medal identifying him as of the Khochasi Order of Azrael. I slowly made my way towards my Officer, my fatigues stained in dirt, blood, and leaves. I tapped him on the shoulder and pulled out the case file from the inner pockets of my fatigues. He looked upon me and smiled, asking. “I trust it went well?” I would nod, not responding verbally. He studied me, noticing my fatigued stature and the bags underneath my eyes.

“You did good. . . Go get some food and rest. I will let you know when we are gonna move with the rest of the Regiment.” He said upon me, I gave him a quick salute before turning around towards the barracks and making my way to towards there at a steady pace, once there quickly, swinging upon the door to look upon the empty barracks as everyone else had been deployed in the still ongoing assault, I would stroll over to my bunk, my feet weary and feeling numb. I stared upon the bed for a few seconds before collapsing forward into it, passing out instantly.

The Assault went surprisingly well, and the Nins knew it. The entire sector was ours within the day, but that was the easy part, we had the element of surprise and the initiative. Not too far into the push, turning into a grinding experience, but the Officers were building us up fast, and soon enough the Brass began planning a new assault. Our lines were stalled at the eastern frontier, victory seemed in sight as we were so close to Erobert, the Capital of the Illegitimate Ninhundish Colony, but then winter set in and Christmas passed. Mun Sung-Nam, the Head of Kanadorikan Forces in Keaa, had a scheme to break us through, another Kanadorikan plan . . . At least they were helping to take the heat in this one, they were gonna secure the forts and the other sectors of the Island that lead up to the Capital for us to break through and swarm the Capital in the blinding Snowstorm. At one of the Forts they found a Diary from some Ninhunduish Officer, he called the Thirty Fifth Devils. . . Devils in Baggy Pants. Well, we are coming to Erobert now. And the Devils are gonna have their due . . .

18:22, January 14 1946, Outskirts of Erobert, Keaa Si Kheiyw
At the time of the start I was in a Half Track, alongside a squad of the Platoon, the rest of the Platoon following behind in a Column of other Half Tracks. The travel down the road was slow, the blizzard certainly was not helping, we were expecting the transport to break down and it did eventually as we got closer to our objective of the City proper. After some cursing from the rest of the enlisted we got our Orders to move out towards the City on foot, should have been only a walk of around fifteen minutes but due to the blinding snow and the buildup of snow on the ground we were bogged down, it took us quite a while, we could not exactly tell the time traveled but it felt like at least one whole hour.

This time gave me a lot of time to think, we were the backup as the Forty Second Territorials (Division) already broke into the City by Yesterday’s Afternoon and essentially had it locked down, only needing maybe a quarter of a day to clear the rest of the City, so why the hell where we wading through Miles of Snow to support in a Battle that would probably be mostly over by the time we got there. So, we got there, my body shivering due to the temperature and cold. We barely saw the city through the blistering storm, we slowly made our way to the front where we saw about a Company of Men from the Third Company of the Thirty Fifth, none of us even made eye contact with them as our eyes were fixated on something else.

What I personally was looking at was at was a Female Officer dressed in a black leather buttoned up jacket with a blue hat that had its bottom being red, with a emblem of a yellow star, around her neck was a medal, a medal identifying her of the Khochasi Order of Ariel. She was talking to around half a dozen Officers dressed similarly, all wearing the same medal. They seemed to be talking casually, reassuring me that this battle was essentially over. The Girl spotted our squad and took a look at Lieutenant Changhelk before yelling out.
“Ey! Lieutenant, bring you and your squad over here.” I saw Changhelk turn his head over to her, processing it for a second before walking over to her beconning me and the rest of the squad to follow. So we did follow, I stood next to our Lieutenant as I rubbed my hands together as I gently blew into it for some temporary warmth. The Officer looked all of us up and down, as if inspecting our abilities. She then moved her gaze upon our Lieutenant before speaking up.

“I am with Khna Krrmathikar (The Commission), given Operational Priority by the Colonial Administration. I need you lot to go deliver to the Forty Second’s Forward Operating Base a few clicks ahead and give them this.” She opened her document bag and pulled out two files, handing it to our Lieutenant. Changhelk was about to open it before she spoke up once more. “Wait! Do not open that, it is Confidential and has very very sensitive information.” She would explain as the Lieutenant would cease his attempts to open it, instead putting it in his documents bag.

“Yes Ma’am.” The Lieutenant responded as he zipped the bag close. The Girl would nod before speaking once more. “Make sure you give that to Colonel Phrm only or at least his personal secretary/assistant.” She explained for the last time, waiting for confirmation that our Lieutenant understood. “Understood, Ma’am.” She would nod towards him, not responding verbally as she would turn back to the rest of the strange Officers and whisper among them. Our Lieutenant turned to us and started walking down the road, gesturing for us to follow, and so we did. This new mission seemed to be just a sidequest or sorts to me but that did not bother me much as I was much more confused about what this Commission was. I picked up my speed to get to the side of our Lieutenant, by now we were out of sight from the strange Officers. It was then when I looked at him while we were walking, speaking up. “Sir?” Changhelk was previously looking towards the snowy cobblestone road that had craters in them from what I asuumed were artillery shells and bombings from the Airforce’s Bombers, the snow storm still blinding our vision past fifty yards. “Hmm???”

Changhelk looked towards me to his right hand side, confused about what this was about. I cleared my throat before inquiring. “What is the Commission?” I asked our Lieutenant with audible confusion since I have never heard of this thing before, were they military, were they part of the Crown, where they a Khochasi Culture? I had no idea so I decided to ask, seeing nothing wrong with the question. It took a few seconds, nearly half a dozen to be more exact. Eventually he responded. “Well. . . to be completely honest I do not know for certain. A month ago the Division Commander informed us that a new Administrative War Time Commission was being formed for the management of wartime resources and rations . . . but according to some other Officers they are actually here to remove most of the Ninhundogs from this island in some kind of living space plan for some immigrants from the Homeland, but that is just a rumor.” He said non chalantly, turning his head back to the road as he continued walking forward towards the Forty Second Headquarters, it was gonna be a long walk so i decided to ask more questions. “What do you think we are delivering?”

I asked while rubbing my hands together as I continued my walking pace. A few seconds later I got our Lieutenant's hypothesis about this situation. “Hmm. . . I would say it is probably just some ration notes and a order for them to stop any looting by their men, that would not make good Public Relations with the rest of the Coalition Forces, I imagine the Colonial Administration would not like our allies seeing us to be just as bad as the Ninhundish.” The Lieutenant would explain thoroughly as he walked, moving his hands around while we talked, not only to make his words more expressive but rather to also keep his blood flowing. I nodded upon the Lieutenant's answer it made a lot of sense to me and was not too complicated.

“Why did they send us? They did not seem that busy.” I continued to inquire as that part had me confused too, they were literally just talking about. On this one the Lieutenant answered almost immediately, seemingly pretty sure on this one. “Officially the Commission is not part of the Defense Forces but this hold Authority over it a Component of the Civilian Government, they may have been transferred out from their units but I do not think the Colonial Administration would like them walking through a still hostile city, filled with windows where civilian snipers can just peek out and take shots at them-” The Lieutenant cut himself off, ceasing to walk to as he would look around at the empty buildings to his left and right, I ceased my walking and stopped with him, and with us the rest of the Squad behind us stopped their walking.

I watched as the Lieutenant looked past me to the right, I instinctively looked to where he was looking himself. It appeared to just be a closed down flower shop, several windows broken and the door wide open, I found that strange but at the time I had just assumed that the store was evacuated when the battle had begun and of course the windows could have been caused by the low velocity shrapnel that is characteristic of the artillery used by both the Most Serene Defense Force and the Imperialist Nihundish Colonial Force. The Lieutenant then jolted his head over to his left, I would do the same to figure out what the Lieutenant was apparently seeing. What we were looking at was a Bakery, with a sign hanging over it in a language that I could not read, but it did have an illustration of a loaf of bread. This time only one of the windows were broken, this one being the one closest to the door. The door itself was on the floor, on the ground, having several bullet holes in it, the frame of where the door once was was severely busted as if it had suffered some extreme trauma.

I rationalized to myself that some Ninhundish Soldiers were probably just holding up in there and the Men of the Forty Second probably had to break in to clear it out. The Lieutenant did not speak, rather just continuing to stare at the scene that must have transpired. I then looked back up at the Lieutenant.
“Are you okay Sir?” I asked with great and audible concern as he has never really acted like this before. Nearly a dozen seconds would pass before the Lieutenant would finally respond back. “Yeah . . . . Yeah, I am fine . . .” The Lieutenant would respond with audible unease as he continued to look towards the bakery. “Do you see something Sir?”

I asked, still with the great concern that I had held from my last inquiry. Near instantly the Lieutenant would respond with an eerie montone in his tone of voice. “It is rather what I do not see. . .” The hairs on the back of my neck would stand up upon the Lieutenant's answer upon my question. “What do you mean Sir?” I further asked upon him for that was quite cryptic and he started to make me nervous. “No civilians . . . No Bodies . . . This place seems absolutely deserted.” The Lieutenant would let out, standing completely still in the street and turning his attention towards the entirety of our Twelve Man Squad. “Oh-.”

I would let out, finally realizing that he was right, before I had not even noticed that of which he noticed which were missing under a City, even though the City was mostly captured there should this be people about or at least noises coming from their areas. “Maybe it is just because we are in the business district and not the residential district.” With much causality the Lieutenant just shrugged and continued walking, it kinda disturbed me of how he just quickly got over it and continued to follow him, although not keeping the pace, remaining behind him with the rest of the squad. In eerie silence we continued walking, for nearly thirty whole minutes we walked in complete silence. Well we did until we heard the sound of a lot of gunshots forward ahead, we were near to where the Forward Operating Base for the Forty Second Territorials. With the sounds of this so near to where we believed the Forward Operating base to be I assumed that the base was under attack, apparently I was not the only one as everyone seemed to ready their weapons and the Lieutenant turned around at near breakneck speeds, quickly saying to us. “Let’s go! We gotta support them!”

The Lieutenant said in a commanding tone of voice as he grabbed his Ambi Carbine and rushed forward through the snow. I myself pulled my Bolt Action Rifle from its sling that was once over my right side shoulder. With the Rifle held in both of my hands I rushed forward with the rest of the squad, breaking through the snow storm. I had my rifle aimed as I saw a silhouette, breaking through it realized it was another Territorial, upon recognizing him as oneI would lower my rifle from its former aim. I looked around and other territorials were firing their Ambi Carbines into the Air, seemingly in celebration. I also saw the columns of ninhundish Soldiers with their hands in the air being escorted down the street and also the Forward Operating Base, men all over celebrating. The Lieutenant would let out a chuckle, saying.

“Seems like we have taken the Capital. He would turn back towards the squad, gesturing for us to put our weapons down. He would smile upon me and the rest of the squad. [/i] “You guys wait here, I am gonna give the Colonel his documents.” He said in a delighted tone of voice as he walked off towards Forward operating Base. I myself put down my Bolt Action on the ground and sat on the side of the road, looking up at the sky, pondering on what was next. Were we to take the fight to the Nins? I suppose only time would tell.

Benagach
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Colonial Wars (WWII) 1941-1942

Postby Benagach » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:07 pm

The First Offensive
March 1941

4th Army/Air Force Base, Endepoel, Nij Frisia (Reejaukh), Þenagach, March 19, 1941, 03:00
Squadron Leader Albert Saund

Rogers Darkhew B-103 Bomber

"Aooogaaaah", the alarm blared. The PA system addressed my squadron personally:
"Squadron 5 report immediately for transport to the airfield. Repeat, Squadron 5 to the Airfield". My dreams rudely interrupted, I leapt up to dress myself. My uniform was on in less than thirty seconds and I rushed out the barracks door, coat in hand. I followed the path at a brisk jog to a transport vehicle waiting. My B-103 stood proudly as the transport vehicle pulled to a stop. I, along with my bombardier, flight engineer and navigator boarded the plane and assumed our positions. The radio operator and the two gunners also assumed their positions.

We'd been briefed on our mission the previous afternoon, and though resistance was not expected, we had escort fighters along with us. The target was a factory in southern Holberg. The pre-flight check was completed and I yelled to the fitter, "Let 'er rip, Jones!". The engines rattled to life and I checked with my 10 pilots:
"Check, Check, 1, 2, 1, 2," I said into my radio. "Report in. Flight Lt. Gordson?"
"All clear, cap'n," Gordson replied.
"Lt. Lipkowitz?"
"Check, sir."
"Lt. Jundheim"
"Check."
One by one, I checked my six bombers and four escorts. My watch read 03:26 when tower gave the clear to depart. We taxied to the runway and were skyward bound. Throughout the two hour flight, I checked regularly with the other pilots.
We neared the factory, a munitions hotspot for colonial Ninhundland. Five minutes out, I gave control of the plane to my bombardier. "She's all yours, Ulds." Lt. Ulds masterfully brought the plane into position. On his count we dropped the load.
BOOOOM!
The explosion was magnificent. The factory was obliterated. We banked around and headed directly toward base. We were triumphant, but the can of worms we had opened with our attack we did not know the extent of.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents